Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ThunderClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Willow art please?
Last post by forest
Today 10:31 AM
RiverClan Patrols
by Estelle
Last post by hades.
Today 10:25 AM
foggy dreams and bone deep...
by alec
Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 10:19 AM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by forest
Today 10:14 AM

Old June 21st, 2023, 07:23 AM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

• Springpaw •
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear

The pastel calico silently watched as Bumblestar spoke with Drizzlecloud, the young molly remaining civilly silent during the small ordeal. Of course, it wasn’t much to think about, just her leader speaking with the new medicine cat and confirming how she knew a couple of herbs like the back of her paws. Springpaw wondered how exactly Drizzlecloud would be able to handle such tasks. Training both a normal apprentice and then her, the newest medicine cat apprentice. Unless Springpaw could find herself other ways to learn how to heal, there wasn’t much she could do except just await for what could come next in the future. She hoped that ThunderClan could carry on a bright future ahead of them with Bumblestar as their new leader. She had good intentions, as the calico hoped, and she hoped that it would stay that way for a long while.

Springpaw’s eyes directed towards the golden herbs that Bumblestar gently plucked out of the herb storage with a claw, narrowing her oceanic hues to get a better look at the plant. She took in a tiny whiff of the herb’s scent, almost gagging silently from the bitter stench it gave off. Did all herbs smell like that? Good StarClan she hoped not. She wasn’t even certain of the taste that it’ll give off either. Blegh. Other than that, at least she learned that marigold is well-suited for infections if chewed into a paste and smeared onto an injury. Got it. Well, she could use marigold beneath some cobwebs for any injury that could be deemed serious. Like any major wounds among a body part. It would definitely be beneficial for the cat themselves and it’ll hopefully help them get better. At least she learned that the herb would be located at Sunkissed Creek, making it more simple to search for it in case they were low.

Then Springpaw’s ears perked up directly at Bumblestar when she began to inform them about other specific types of herbs, eyes narrowing as she listened. Ragweed gives others strength and kinda looks like a fern. She could possibly give that to a cat that’ll need it for a long journey. Or, maybe to a birthing queen in case their energy was low. But… she wasn’t all certain if ragweed could be usable on a queen in case it would risk any harm to the unborn kits. She didn’t want to risk that happening. She had the heavy temptation to ask in case the herb could be applied for such a situation, but she held herself back. It would probably be best to ask Roseraven first beforehand since she was one of the former medicine cats. It would be best for both Drizzlecloud and her, afterall.

Burdock root? From how low the chances of rat attacks are, the necessity for the herb may be rather low. However, Springpaw would want to be prepared for anything to happen to the herb that may come in handy. She listened carefully to Bumblestar’s words and gave the large molly a brief nod of understanding. Clean off the roots after being dug up with the stream of water in the den before using the herb on rat bites. Got it. However, Springpaw couldn’t help but feel her nose scrunch up from the mentions of mushrooms and their uses. So mushrooms are used to… kill off someone? Like deathberries but not as horrid? Springpaw could feel herself barely using that herb on anyone. She didn’t want to risk accidentally killing off any of her clan-mates because she accidentally gave them one of the mushrooms. She never had the thought of giving anyone any of them in the first place.

“I think I got it, Bumblestar.” She spoke, nodding her head once head as she focused back on the leader, giving her a short nod once more. She glanced briefly towards Drizzlecloud as her mentor spoke, mentally glad that she was able to speak out more for the both of them than Springpaw could. She wouldn’t know how to properly explain it to the leader herself.

@dino. @Omari

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker

Last edited by iliri; June 21st, 2023 at 07:23 AM.
Old June 21st, 2023, 04:52 PM
I have the high ground

Bump Policy: 72 Hours
My Mood: Yeehaw

~Mistheart~

Skittering back into camp and bee-lining directly towards her destination, Mistheart quietly poked her head into the medicine cat's den with her stick wrapped in webs.

"D-drizzlecloud?" she called out, gently placing her gift just inside the den entrance (being careful not to place the webs in the dirt of course). "I uh... Found these while I was tidying up Willow's Rise... Thought you might need them more than the tree..."

Was that an attempt at humor? Stars, she wouldn't be trying that again soon.

"Let me know if you ever, um... Are short on anything. I'm a good finder, love collecting things, and I can, uh... usually find... stuff."

Oh boy, she was rambling. Time for a swift exit...

"A-anywho, I'll get outta your fur. Hope you can, uh... Use the webs!"

Quickly pulling out from the den, Mistheart scampered off to a quiet corner to escape.

[ @Omari A gift from Mist ]

Old June 21st, 2023, 07:50 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omari View Post
Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Drizzlecloud’s eyes trailed after Bumblestar as she made her way over to the herb storage, and once she returned, she had two flowers with yellow petals with her.

The blue-grey spotted tabby nodded her head. The basics, of course, they knew that much. ‘Don’t eat deathberries’ was practically one of the first things she was taught as a kitten, curious as she was and without being able to completely depend on sound alone, as a kitten she often resorted to the sense of touch alone and… Unfortunately, that included ingesting a lot of things that she probably shouldn’t have.

“Marigold, treats infections…” She repeated softly, more-so to herself, even though she couldn’t even hear her own voice when she spoke so quietly. Drizzlecloud dipped her head, nosing at the marigold and gently sniffing at it, just to try and get used to it’s scent, and hopefully commit it to memory.

With Bumblestar’s next explanations concerning ragweed, burdock root, and mushrooms, Drizzlecloud tried to imagine the herbs in question in her own mind. It… Probably wasn’t the most spot on image, she thought to herself, but she had the verbalized characteristics of these herbs memorized, so certainly she’d be able to find them! Her eyes drifted over to Springpaw for a moment before she looked back to Bumblestar. Perhaps, after this, she and Springpaw could take a quick run out into the clan’s territory to try to actually find these herbs. There would be no harm in it, right?

“Mhm, got it.” Drizzlecloud nodded her head as she returned her full attention to Bumblestar. “Thank you for starting us off. Confidently speaking for the both of us, we appreciate this.” She offered her leader a smile, hoping that the simple act would aid her in expressing her thanks.

[ @ares - Springpaw , @dino. - Bumblestar ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ares View Post
• Springpaw •
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear

The pastel calico silently watched as Bumblestar spoke with Drizzlecloud, the young molly remaining civilly silent during the small ordeal. Of course, it wasn’t much to think about, just her leader speaking with the new medicine cat and confirming how she knew a couple of herbs like the back of her paws. Springpaw wondered how exactly Drizzlecloud would be able to handle such tasks. Training both a normal apprentice and then her, the newest medicine cat apprentice. Unless Springpaw could find herself other ways to learn how to heal, there wasn’t much she could do except just await for what could come next in the future. She hoped that ThunderClan could carry on a bright future ahead of them with Bumblestar as their new leader. She had good intentions, as the calico hoped, and she hoped that it would stay that way for a long while.

Springpaw’s eyes directed towards the golden herbs that Bumblestar gently plucked out of the herb storage with a claw, narrowing her oceanic hues to get a better look at the plant. She took in a tiny whiff of the herb’s scent, almost gagging silently from the bitter stench it gave off. Did all herbs smell like that? Good StarClan she hoped not. She wasn’t even certain of the taste that it’ll give off either. Blegh. Other than that, at least she learned that marigold is well-suited for infections if chewed into a paste and smeared onto an injury. Got it. Well, she could use marigold beneath some cobwebs for any injury that could be deemed serious. Like any major wounds among a body part. It would definitely be beneficial for the cat themselves and it’ll hopefully help them get better. At least she learned that the herb would be located at Sunkissed Creek, making it more simple to search for it in case they were low.

Then Springpaw’s ears perked up directly at Bumblestar when she began to inform them about other specific types of herbs, eyes narrowing as she listened. Ragweed gives others strength and kinda looks like a fern. She could possibly give that to a cat that’ll need it for a long journey. Or, maybe to a birthing queen in case their energy was low. But… she wasn’t all certain if ragweed could be usable on a queen in case it would risk any harm to the unborn kits. She didn’t want to risk that happening. She had the heavy temptation to ask in case the herb could be applied for such a situation, but she held herself back. It would probably be best to ask Roseraven first beforehand since she was one of the former medicine cats. It would be best for both Drizzlecloud and her, afterall.

Burdock root? From how low the chances of rat attacks are, the necessity for the herb may be rather low. However, Springpaw would want to be prepared for anything to happen to the herb that may come in handy. She listened carefully to Bumblestar’s words and gave the large molly a brief nod of understanding. Clean off the roots after being dug up with the stream of water in the den before using the herb on rat bites. Got it. However, Springpaw couldn’t help but feel her nose scrunch up from the mentions of mushrooms and their uses. So mushrooms are used to… kill off someone? Like deathberries but not as horrid? Springpaw could feel herself barely using that herb on anyone. She didn’t want to risk accidentally killing off any of her clan-mates because she accidentally gave them one of the mushrooms. She never had the thought of giving anyone any of them in the first place.

“I think I got it, Bumblestar.” She spoke, nodding her head once head as she focused back on the leader, giving her a short nod once more. She glanced briefly towards Drizzlecloud as her mentor spoke, mentally glad that she was able to speak out more for the both of them than Springpaw could. She wouldn’t know how to properly explain it to the leader herself.

@dino. @Omari

Good. Great. Almost perfect, even. Bumblestar tucked the marigold away so that they wouldn't get ruined before moving back to the pair of healers. Off to a fantastic start, they were.

"Starting to get a pretty decent feeling about you two," she remarked with a half-hearted shrug. "Don't disappoint me, or I actually might be a little bit sad. That's all I've got for you, but if you've got any questions for me, let me know 'n I can do my best to answer before I go. If not, I think we're all good here."
Old June 23rd, 2023, 02:46 AM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

@ares
@Omari

Roseraven followed the excited apprentice to her old haunt. She was almost envious, she'd never gotten the chance to get excited about her new position. When she was declared medicine car apprentice, it was exclusively a negative experience because of the then current political climate in ThunderClan and her own bad luck.

"Okay, I'm here to give you what knowledge I have. First, what do already know?" she asked the medicine cats.
Old June 23rd, 2023, 06:45 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Drizzlecloud was a bit surprised by Bumblestar’s sentiment–if she could call it that. She decided that for the sake of her own heart and joy, she would view it as a sentiment. “I.. Can’t think of any questions for you, at the moment. If I do manage to think of any, I’ll come to find you.”

She tilted her head to look at Springpaw, instead, as if to say, ‘the floor is yours’. If she had any questions, this would be the time to do so, it seemed!

[ @ares - Springpaw , @dino. - Bumblestar ]

The sudden call of her name had shocked her, although she almost hadn’t caught it at all. Thankfully, she was sitting in a way so that her left ear was facing the entrance to the den, twitching when she heard the voice.

“Hm?” She trilled, turning her head to view Mistheart, who had entered with.. A gift, it seemed! A quiet chuckle escaped her at the comment that the molly made, finding it quite funny herself… But that was the only response that she could make before Mistheart had scampered out of the den, almost as quickly as she came.

With a smile, she padded over to the entrance of the den to pluck the cobwebs off of the ground. I’ll have to give her my thanks the next time I see her!

[ @Jayvines ]

Roseraven’s appearance had shocked her a tad bit, not expecting her appearance… Ah, it seems Springpaw had gone off to fetch her for some help–lovely! “Roseraven, hello!” She greeted simply.

Their knowledge was quite limited right now, so the list was.. Short. “Oh, not much at all.. Sticks, cobwebs, poppyseeds, and deathberries. Bumblestar taught us what she knew–marigold and how it can help with treating infections, ragweed and the energy boosts that you can get from eating them, burdock root helping with rat bites.. And how to find out which mushrooms are poisonous.”

[ @Shade. ]

[Decided to just cram these into one post because I didn’t wanna clog up this thread ehehe]

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!
Old June 25th, 2023, 02:50 PM
chasing away dreams

• Springpaw •

Springpaw couldn’t help but cast a short smile in the direction of the leader from her words themselves. Bumblestar started to have a good feeling about both her and Drizzlecloud, that was good. Perfect, even. Springpaw didn’t want to let her own leader down just from lack of acknowledgment from her new rank. Hell, she didn’t have any intentions with wanting to disappoint her leader from suddenly failing to succumb to certain tasks. Springpaw then quickly casted a glance towards Drizzlecloud see what she had to say, only to see that she didn’t have much questions to ask the leader and seemingly giving the young calico the floor to speak. Which, in all honesty, Springpaw didn’t have much words to say or even think about. She was heavily thankful for the leader’s help of her knowledge, and Springpaw felt like those herbs would be very useful once she and Drizzlecloud found them while taking or stroll, or even a herb patrol finding them.

Quickly clearing her throat, Springpaw focused back up towards Bumblestar and casted her a short, sideways smile. “I’ll try not to let you down, Bumblestar. I’ll do my best to become a good medicine cat for the entirety of ThunderClan. Thank you for your short knowledge of herbs though, they might come in handy. I’m sure both Drizzlecloud and I will find them while strolling through the territory or sending out a herb patrol. Other than that, I don’t think we have any questions.” she was feeling pretty confident about this. Maybe they both wouldn’t fail as medicine cats? Maybe they’ll succeed? Only time will tell, but Springpaw had hopes for it.

@Omari @dino.
• Springpaw •

Springpaw was more than pleased to lead the former into the medicine den itself, entering the den with swift ease as the young calico promptly walked up towards Drizzlecloud, standing beside the ticked tabby. As oblivious as the eight moon molly was, she didn’t want to cause any trouble making Roseraven feel envious about the whole situation of the new medicine cats. Or, even, from the simple fact that she had been demoted long ago. The thought made the young apprentice’s smile falter slightly, but she still seemed to keep it bright enough for them to have this little lesson go on about. Her ears quickly angled themselves in the direction of Roseraven as she asked what did they both know. Jaws wide, Springpaw had gulped in enough air to answer her question only for herself to quickly quiet down once Drizzlecloud responded, nodding promptly along with every word that spewed out of the tabby’s mouth.

“That’s correct,” Springpaw spoke, glancing back towards Roseraven once more, “that’s as much as we know, as our knowledge is rather limited at the moment. But I feel like you could help us out with figuring out what everything else in the herb storage is? Maybe even including any herbs that aren’t currently in the storage and what they look like? Or, maybe even some diseases that can be treated with them?” the question felt rather abrupt and obvious, but the young apprentice was eager to learn and learning what herbal mixes would do both medicine cats good. Springpaw didn’t want to risk both her and Drizzlecloud losing their clan-mates due to their lack of herbal knowledge. That just sounded frightening.

@/Omari @Shade. [cramming two posts into one go brr]

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.

Old June 28th, 2023, 02:35 PM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

@ares
@Omari

The former medicine cat combed through her own mind, picking out the bits of herb and healing knowledge she'd accumulated over her moons as medicine cat apprentice.

"Well, one of the most vital herbs is catmint. Cats may be tempted to consume it frivolously because of its appealing taste and smell and its ability to make them joyous and playful. However, it is rare and vital to clan survival, as it is the main and most effective way to cure diseases like greencough, whitecough and so on. Do not waste it."

She walked past the other two, suddenly and unceremoniously, and pulled out a bit of catmint from the herb storage. The tempting smell barely affected her anymore. She placed it down to show it off.
Old June 28th, 2023, 07:02 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Drizzlecloud’s eyes followed Roseraven as she walked by, going straight for the herb storage. It didn’t alarm her, simply staying but while she allowed the molly to look through the herbs to find what she was currently speaking of… Catmint. Used to cure diseases such as whitecough or greencough. Very useful information, as she knew just how detrimental it was for a medicine cat to know how to treat diseases such as those. The fact that one day, she and Springpaw would have to do that made her feel a tad bit anxious.

“Oh, I see. Catmint…” She leaned down, inhaling the herb’s scent. Appealing scent, indeed. She hummed thoughtfully before she looked up towards Roseraven. “It does smell nice, I see why someone would feel the need to eat it from that alone..”

She sat up straight, nudging the herb gently over to her apprentice so that she could take a look at it, as well.

[ @ares - Springpaw, @Shade. - Roseraven ]

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!
Old June 29th, 2023, 04:23 AM
chasing away dreams

• Springpaw •

Well, at least Roseraven wasn’t too irritated or angry about teaching them what she knew… at least, that was how Springpaw saw it. It wasn’t like she was a simple mind reader or anything like that. Her eyes followed the marbled tabby as she walked over towards the herb storage, ears perked up as she silently listened to her talk about the herb catmint. So that was the herb that smelt really good and made her mouth feel like it was watering. Which, now that she was thinking about it, was a little bit of a weird habit, but she didn’t really think too much about it. Tossing the short thought aside, the molly began to silently think about the uses of the useful herb. So it wasn’t very common to find, which will be a rather unfortunate outcome in case their clan was in a mild case of either greencough or whitecough. Well, at least it currently seemed that they had a good plentiful amount of it, as that was what the medicine cat apprentice thought, at least.

Other than that, the calico quickly eyed the sharp-smelling herb as Roseraven put it to view and from the fact that Drizzlecloud nudged it her way. She began squinting her eyes as her nose occasionally twitched from the rather sharp smell that eliminated off the herb. Wow, she can really see why cats would want to eat this herb, but at least she was more aware of the properties of the useful herb so she wasn’t that needy. “Huh, I see why cats would want to eat it.” she mumbled softly, repeating after her own thoughts as she stared at the herb for a good few seconds, before raising her eyes back up at Roseraven and her mentor, awaiting to see what else she would teach them. There was a bit of herbs in the herb storage that had caught her attention, some of them being a bit confusing to think out more than the last. She noticed that there was some… different berries other than deathberries in the herb storage. Wait, why would death berries be in the storage? Wasn’t that dangerous?

@Shade. @Omari

Last edited by iliri; June 29th, 2023 at 05:37 PM.
Old June 30th, 2023, 10:49 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

[Sparrowpelt]

The tom hadn't hesitated when Drizzlecloud told him to carry the warrior back to the medicine den. For him, in that moment, Gentledoe weighed nothing. He easily hoisted her up onto his back with her head resting on his shoulders and her body splayed across his back so her legs hung down. In this moment, he was glad for his size, it wasn't always beneficial when the trees and underbrush were dense, but this was good. He made his way quickly to the camp, ensuring she didn't jostle around too much on his back.

Once there, he awaited Drizzlecloud to tell him where to place Gentledoe then proceeded to do so as gently as he could. He swiftly moved out of the way so they could work.

"I'm going to make sure everyone makes it back to camp okay. If you need anything, just call for me. I'll hear you," he insisted, quickly touching Drizzleclouds forehead -- respectfully -- with his nose and turning to dart out of the den.

@lio -- Gentledoe | @Omari -- Drizzelcoud | @ares -- Springpaw | @dino. -- Bumblestar

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Last edited by SuspiciousMindz; July 1st, 2023 at 03:41 PM.