by alec
Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 07:49 AM

Old October 22nd, 2019, 04:26 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: The Starcave

When Fallenstar stepped up, Lionstorm thought he was ready. This was Fallenstar, after all-- he didn't intend on bringing Lionstorm pain. Not like these others!

.. But this wasn't different when Fallenstar touched him. It hurt just as much as his last life, perhaps even a little more. It wasn't in Lionstorm's nature to back down, not when RiverClan had so much to gain by being aggressive. Why couldn't he see that?

Lionstorm grimaced as the life flowed through him, pain combined with nausea and sadness seeping into his bones and leaving him drained and tired. He was exhausted. All of this was exhausting and now, he just wanted to go home.

The ceremony was almost over, it seemed. Hawkstar's voice rang clear through the glade: "I hail you by your new name, Lionstar. Your old life is no more. You have now received the nine lives of a leader, and StarClan grants you the guardianship of RiverClan. Defend it well; care for young and old; honor your ancestors and the traditions of the warrior code; live each life with pride and dignity."

With these final words, the starry world around them was fading, and Lionstar's eyes snapped open in the Starcave.
@SpoopyStar

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old October 23rd, 2019, 09:08 AM
definitely NOT an alien

My Mood: Thirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosemew View Post

Beepaw's eyes widened slightly at hearing his full name. It wasn't that he didn't like it — he was actually proud of it. Beeblaze. It sounded like a name that fit him. And he would live up to it , and become one of the best medicine cats.

He nodded to Tallmarsh at her question , his fur was a bit bristled from surprise in receiving his name. He still couldn't believe it , but he'd have to. "Yeah , this place is beautiful. But , i have to get back to Windclan and tell everybody about my full name." He'd meow , fur settling , puffing his chest a bit in pride the matched the pride and slight snark in his tone. Yeah. He was going to tell everybody! Mainly Blazingstar and Buttercupbreeze , his sister's , and probably Harveypaw. They'll be proud! He thought , a grin appearing.
Tallmarsh began to walk away, back towards the Clans, when she stopped suddenly and spun around. "Beeblaze, you know, if you ever need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask me. I didn't train you, but if you have questions about being a medicine cat, don't forget that I'm a resource," she blurted out. She wanted to be a resource for Beeblaze, like Shinefang and Daydream had been. Her heart clenched remembering the former medicine cats. It was hard for her to believe that she was technically the most experienced medicine cat now, but she wanted to be there for the others to help them as they learned and grew.

---- timeskip! ----

@Lilyfur2

Back again. Tallmarsh stopped at the entrance to the tunnel that led down. She turned to Iriskit. No doubt the journey had been hard for the little kit, but the medicine cat had tried to help her best she could. "You ready?" she asked. In the past moons, she had visited the Starcave three times--much more compared to the mere one time she had visited before. Even though she had visited so many times, she felt like StarClan had barely said anything to her, other than showing her who to choose as her apprentice.

The moon was already overhead, so they didn't have much time. "Let's go." The dark tabby led the way down the sloping tunnel, making sure she took it slow for Iriskit. As they went further and further down, the tunnel became darker and darker. They were walking in complete darkness for only a few moments when a bright light became visible up ahead. The tunnel opened up into a cave with a brilliantly-lit crystal in the middle, illuminated by the moonlight shining down through a hole in the ceiling. "This is the Starcave. Shall we get started?" Tallmarsh said, turning to Iriskit.

((okay, so tallmarsh is going to recite the regular med cat apprentice ceremony stuff, then iriskit will touch her nose to the stone and then the two will lay down and have a dream in starclan, ig they can just talk to some starclan cat about being a medcat or something))
Old October 23rd, 2019, 09:51 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

He came to feeling tired. Though that was to be expected he supposed. A mortal giving a life to another the way the immortal did. His bones ached. But the warrior picked himself up and looked at his leader. "How are you feeling?" he asked, a hint of hesitation edging in his voice.

By the way Lionstar looked during the ceremony, he wasn't sure of the others answer. The usual determined 'I'm great!' he looked worn out. More so than a newly named leader should be after recieving lives.

But what did he know? Fallenstream knew all cats were born differently. Some were much stronger in areas other's were weak in. Maybe this was a weakness of Lionstar's?
@BILL.

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us
Old October 24th, 2019, 07:13 AM
chase your dreams, fool.

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta View Post
Tallmarsh began to walk away, back towards the Clans, when she stopped suddenly and spun around. "Beeblaze, you know, if you ever need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask me. I didn't train you, but if you have questions about being a medicine cat, don't forget that I'm a resource," she blurted out. She wanted to be a resource for Beeblaze, like Shinefang and Daydream had been. Her heart clenched remembering the former medicine cats. It was hard for her to believe that she was technically the most experienced medicine cat now, but she wanted to be there for the others to help them as they learned and grew.

---- timeskip! ----

@Lilyfur2

Back again. Tallmarsh stopped at the entrance to the tunnel that led down. She turned to Iriskit. No doubt the journey had been hard for the little kit, but the medicine cat had tried to help her best she could. "You ready?" she asked. In the past moons, she had visited the Starcave three times--much more compared to the mere one time she had visited before. Even though she had visited so many times, she felt like StarClan had barely said anything to her, other than showing her who to choose as her apprentice.

The moon was already overhead, so they didn't have much time. "Let's go." The dark tabby led the way down the sloping tunnel, making sure she took it slow for Iriskit. As they went further and further down, the tunnel became darker and darker. They were walking in complete darkness for only a few moments when a bright light became visible up ahead. The tunnel opened up into a cave with a brilliantly-lit crystal in the middle, illuminated by the moonlight shining down through a hole in the ceiling. "This is the Starcave. Shall we get started?" Tallmarsh said, turning to Iriskit.

((okay, so tallmarsh is going to recite the regular med cat apprentice ceremony stuff, then iriskit will touch her nose to the stone and then the two will lay down and have a dream in starclan, ig they can just talk to some starclan cat about being a medcat or something))
@Delta

Iriskit hobbled throughout the journey, trying her best to brave the cold rock and stone that led up to the place she had only heard stories of. The highstones. She clambered up the final stone, and hurried after Tallmarsh into the dark, damp cave that lead into a darker cavern. She wondered what was in here that was so important. She had often heard of stories about the highstones, but she couldn’t seem to recall what was inside. Only one way to find out...

Iriskit shuffled into the cavern, moonlight dancing in her eyes. It was a stone...but not just any stone. It was beautiful, shining, the light dancing across it in shades of all colours. Woah...it’s so..., she thought, unable to finish. She jolted at Tallmarsh’s direction, and Immediately blamed herself for being so jumpy. She hesitated for a moment, then nodded shyly.
“Yes. I think so...”
((Sure! Sounds good!))

❝shine bright, little star.❞

i've shut down all rps, but i'll be semi-online for vms and pms.
hit me up on discord if you'd like to chat over dms (:

sitesignature pic • profile pic from alice oseman's heartstopper <3
Old October 24th, 2019, 11:10 PM
definitely NOT an alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyfur2 View Post
@Delta

Iriskit hobbled throughout the journey, trying her best to brave the cold rock and stone that led up to the place she had only heard stories of. The highstones. She clambered up the final stone, and hurried after Tallmarsh into the dark, damp cave that lead into a darker cavern. She wondered what was in here that was so important. She had often heard of stories about the highstones, but she couldn’t seem to recall what was inside. Only one way to find out...

Iriskit shuffled into the cavern, moonlight dancing in her eyes. It was a stone...but not just any stone. It was beautiful, shining, the light dancing across it in shades of all colours. Woah...it’s so..., she thought, unable to finish. She jolted at Tallmarsh’s direction, and Immediately blamed herself for being so jumpy. She hesitated for a moment, then nodded shyly.
“Yes. I think so...”
((Sure! Sounds good!))
Tallmarsh fought back the smile that crept onto her face. She had to admit, she was excited to have another apprentice--and a medicine cat apprentice at that. She may have acted like she never wanted to be a medicine cat in the first place--which she didn't--but she had learned to enjoy her job. She was serving her Clan and keeping her Clanmates healthy. She had come a long way from the cat she was a year ago, and she was ready to pass on her knowledge to Iriskit.

She had never actually witnessed an official medicine cat apprentice ceremony. The only one she had seen was Goosepaw's ceremony to become Daydream's apprentice, but that wasn't exactly conventional, so the ThunderClan medicine cat had prepared something herself. She began, "Iriskit, you've reached the age of six moons, and you are ready to become an apprentice. StarClan chose you to be my apprentice, and I trust that they have made the correct decision. Do you wish to serve your Clan wholeheartedly as the medicine cat apprentice?"
Old October 24th, 2019, 11:33 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoopyStar View Post

He came to feeling tired. Though that was to be expected he supposed. A mortal giving a life to another the way the immortal did. His bones ached. But the warrior picked himself up and looked at his leader. "How are you feeling?" he asked, a hint of hesitation edging in his voice.

By the way Lionstar looked during the ceremony, he wasn't sure of the others answer. The usual determined 'I'm great!' he looked worn out. More so than a newly named leader should be after recieving lives.

But what did he know? Fallenstream knew all cats were born differently. Some were much stronger in areas other's were weak in. Maybe this was a weakness of Lionstar's?
@BILL.
"It's like.. the Star Cats were bullying me," the words escaped Lionstar with a groan as he staggered to his paws.

Exhausted. Hurt. Frustrated. These were all terms that could describe him in that moment, and he just wanted to go home. "Stars, did it feel like your body was rejecting it when you did this?"

From Fallenstream's hesitant reactions, he couldn't tell, shaking his head as he stumbled toward the cave's mouth. "We should head home."

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old October 25th, 2019, 07:51 AM
chase your dreams, fool.

Quote:
Tallmarsh fought back the smile that crept onto her face. She had to admit, she was excited to have another apprentice--and a medicine cat apprentice at that. She may have acted like she never wanted to be a medicine cat in the first place--which she didn't--but she had learned to enjoy her job. She was serving her Clan and keeping her Clanmates healthy. She had come a long way from the cat she was a year ago, and she was ready to pass on her knowledge to Iriskit.

She had never actually witnessed an official medicine cat apprentice ceremony. The only one she had seen was Goosepaw's ceremony to become Daydream's apprentice, but that wasn't exactly conventional, so the ThunderClan medicine cat had prepared something herself. She began, "Iriskit, you've reached the age of six moons, and you are ready to become an apprentice. StarClan chose you to be my apprentice, and I trust that they have made the correct decision. Do you wish to serve your Clan wholeheartedly as the medicine cat apprentice?"

@Delta

Iriskit felt a jumble of emotions rush through her pelt at once. Wonder at the phenomenon she was facing, fear of the future, happy that she had reached her dream, sadness at the thought of her failing, anger at enemies that would try to hurt her clan, and an array of others. She didn't really know what to do right now. She just had to trust that she could follow Tallmarsh, and that she would do the best she could. After all, there wasn't much else she could count on right now, besides herself. She felt an increasing sense of excitement drown out all her other emotions as Tallmarsh began the cermony. She could do this.

After Tallmarsh finished her words, Iriskit hesitated for a moment. If she wanted ro, she could be with all the other kits right now, standing in front of the leader, ready for their journey to become a warrior. Or she could still be in the nursery, forced to remain there forever due to her disability. Or, she could stay here, in the Starcave, ready to take on a Destiny few decided to take. She thought to herswlf, then nodded internally. She took a deep breath in. She knew what she wanted to do. She waited a few moments more, then responded:
"I do."

Old October 25th, 2019, 09:35 PM
definitely NOT an alien

Quote:

@Delta

Iriskit felt a jumble of emotions rush through her pelt at once. Wonder at the phenomenon she was facing, fear of the future, happy that she had reached her dream, sadness at the thought of her failing, anger at enemies that would try to hurt her clan, and an array of others. She didn't really know what to do right now. She just had to trust that she could follow Tallmarsh, and that she would do the best she could. After all, there wasn't much else she could count on right now, besides herself. She felt an increasing sense of excitement drown out all her other emotions as Tallmarsh began the cermony. She could do this.

After Tallmarsh finished her words, Iriskit hesitated for a moment. If she wanted ro, she could be with all the other kits right now, standing in front of the leader, ready for their journey to become a warrior. Or she could still be in the nursery, forced to remain there forever due to her disability. Or, she could stay here, in the Starcave, ready to take on a Destiny few decided to take. She thought to herswlf, then nodded internally. She took a deep breath in. She knew what she wanted to do. She waited a few moments more, then responded:
"I do."
Tallmarsh took a deep breath. Once she finished the speaking part, the two of them would touch their noses to the crystal, and StarClan would hopefully come to them in a dream. After that, Iriskit would be her apprentice, and her training would begin. She continued, looking up at the ceiling, "StarClan, Iriskit has chosen to follow the path you set before her. She has accepted her destiny as a medicine cat. Grant her the wisdom necessary to be able to heal her Clan efficiently and correctly." Looking back down at Iriskit, she purred, "Iriskit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From now until you receive your full medicine cat name, you will be known as Irispaw. I hope that I will be able to pass down all that I know to you, and that you will become the link between ThunderClan and StarClan, as a medicine cat should be." The second part had been the traditional words spoken at an apprentice ceremony, with Tallmarsh's own little twist on it.

She motioned with her tail for Irispaw to follow her over to the Moonstone, and once they were both in front of it, she laid down and touched her nose to the stone's cold surface. As she felt her eyelids grow heavy and eventually close, she hoped that they would have a dream from StarClan.

((You can decide the dream, since it's Irispaw's ceremony))
Old October 26th, 2019, 06:44 AM
chase your dreams, fool.

Quote:
Tallmarsh took a deep breath. Once she finished the speaking part, the two of them would touch their noses to the crystal, and StarClan would hopefully come to them in a dream. After that, Iriskit would be her apprentice, and her training would begin. She continued, looking up at the ceiling, "StarClan, Iriskit has chosen to follow the path you set before her. She has accepted her destiny as a medicine cat. Grant her the wisdom necessary to be able to heal her Clan efficiently and correctly." Looking back down at Iriskit, she purred, "Iriskit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From now until you receive your full medicine cat name, you will be known as Irispaw. I hope that I will be able to pass down all that I know to you, and that you will become the link between ThunderClan and StarClan, as a medicine cat should be." The second part had been the traditional words spoken at an apprentice ceremony, with Tallmarsh's own little twist on it.

She motioned with her tail for Irispaw to follow her over to the Moonstone, and once they were both in front of it, she laid down and touched her nose to the stone's cold surface. As she felt her eyelids grow heavy and eventually close, she hoped that they would have a dream from StarClan.

((You can decide the dream, since it's Irispaw's ceremony))
Iriskit closed her eyes as Tallmarsh spoke. She was doing this. She could do this. She would do this. She smiled, the happiness filling her from head to tail-tip. Her eyes flickered open, and she stood up a little straighter. She was an apprentice now! She remembered, surprised. She was a medicine cat apprentice. Before the overflowing excitement could too her over, she looked up to smiled at Tallmarsh.
"Thank you...I'll try to be the best I can be!" She confirmed , her chest puffing out with renewed confidence.

She followed Tallmarsh to the stone, whiskers twitching curiously. The crystal looked so beautiful, especially with the starlight twinkling from above. She remembered the powers it had once the moon was aligned with it. She followed Tallmarsh, her steps careful and purposeful. She settled down beside her mentor, touching her nose to the stone. Her eyes were heavy with a strange tiredness, and she let the stone lull her softly to sleep. Where would her sleep take her?

~~~

Irispaw woke up in an unfamiliar foggy clearing, the sky speckles with light stars. The air smelt of crisp oaks, and the earth around them remained silent. She stepped forward in the grass, recognizing the dark she-cat to her right as Tallmarsh. She stepped forward into the fog, the moisture tickling her nose. She heard pawsteps approach, and the silhouette of cat emerge from the fog.
"Hello? Who are you?" The cat didn't answer at first, and she felt a mewl of hopelessness thrum in her chest. The cat emerged, and her heart leaped at the sight of them. It was her...? She stepped backwards, ears tucked back tightly. The cat smiled, eyebrows curving sympathetically.
"It's me, don't worry." Her mother mewed tenderly, stepping closer. Irispaw steered herself backwards. It was her fault, everything was. There was a flash of recognition in the older-she's eyes, and she spoke to comfort her.
"It's not your fault what happened to me. I'm not mad. Listen, you are a medicine cat apprentice now. You can stop that from happening. You are bigger than you see yourself as."
Irispaw glanced at the ground, starlight dancing across her paws, her head ran her back to that moment. Her mother surrounded by a pool of blood. The taunts. A small flare of hope, the tiniest of scraps, bloomed. She could stop that now. She would stop that. She turned back to Tallmarsh, nodding. Her mother padded closer, touching her nose to hers. Irispaw remained there, vulnerable, then padded back towards Tallmarsh.
"I'm ready." She who to her mentor.
I'm ready

@Delta

((Last minute idea, lol))

Last edited by Moon Lily; October 29th, 2019 at 09:35 PM.
Old October 30th, 2019, 12:40 AM
definitely NOT an alien

Quote:
Iriskit closed her eyes as Tallmarsh spoke. She was doing this. She could do this. She would do this. She smiled, the happiness filling her from head to tail-tip. Her eyes flickered open, and she stood up a little straighter. She was an apprentice now! She remembered, surprised. She was a medicine cat apprentice. Before the overflowing excitement could too her over, she looked up to smiled at Tallmarsh.
"Thank you...I'll try to be the best I can be!" She confirmed , her chest puffing out with renewed confidence.

She followed Tallmarsh to the stone, whiskers twitching curiously. The crystal looked so beautiful, especially with the starlight twinkling from above. She remembered the powers it had once the moon was aligned with it. She followed Tallmarsh, her steps careful and purposeful. She settled down beside her mentor, touching her nose to the stone. Her eyes were heavy with a strange tiredness, and she let the stone lull her softly to sleep. Where would her sleep take her?

~~~

Irispaw woke up in an unfamiliar foggy clearing, the sky speckles with light stars. The air smelt of crisp oaks, and the earth around them remained silent. She stepped forward in the grass, recognizing the dark she-cat to her right as Tallmarsh. She stepped forward into the fog, the moisture tickling her nose. She heard pawsteps approach, and the silhouette of cat emerge from the fog.
"Hello? Who are you?" The cat didn't answer at first, and she felt a mewl of hopelessness thrum in her chest. The cat emerged, and her heart leaped at the sight of them. It was her...? She stepped backwards, ears tucked back tightly. The cat smiled, eyebrows curving sympathetically.
"It's me, don't worry." Her mother mewed tenderly, stepping closer. Irispaw steered herself backwards. It was her fault, everything was. There was a flash of recognition in the older-she's eyes, and she spoke to comfort her.
"It's not your fault what happened to me. I'm not mad. Listen, you are a medicine cat apprentice now. You can stop that from happening. You are bigger than you see yourself as."
Irispaw glanced at the ground, starlight dancing across her paws, her head ran her back to that moment. Her mother surrounded by a pool of blood. The taunts. A small flare of hope, the tiniest of scraps, bloomed. She could stop that now. She would stop that. She turned back to Tallmarsh, nodding. Her mother padded closer, touching her nose to hers. Irispaw remained there, vulnerable, then padded back towards Tallmarsh.
"I'm ready." She who to her mentor.
I'm ready

@Delta

((Last minute idea, lol))
Tallmarsh opened her eyes to the now-familiar starlit clearing of StarClan. She hung back and watched as Irispaw stepped forward and a she-cat moved to meet her. Tallmarsh had never seen her before, but Irispaw obviously recognized her. Something about this she-cat seemed familiar. It must've been the way she talked, or maybe it was her appearance, but she reminded the medicine cat of her new apprentice. Was this her mother? She returned Irispaw's nod with a faint smile. "Let's get started, then," she answered.

((this seems like a good place to end it! i'll let staff know we've finished the ceremony rp and we can start a training rp soon if you'd like ^^))