Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ShadowClan

Notice
Applications to join the Staff Team close at 11:59 PM EST today. Get them in while you have the chance!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Monthly Kudos (May 2024)
Last post by paris
Today 01:19 PM
Award Requests
by Fawn
Last post by Rose
Today 01:17 PM
The Shadowledge
by BEAR.
Last post by Omari
Today 01:15 PM
Quick KK Adopts!
by Dakotaa
Last post by Dakotaa
Today 01:11 PM
ThunderClan Stormcrest
by dino.
Last post by Omari
Today 01:07 PM

Old August 15th, 2023, 06:08 PM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

Default Re: Shadow's Break

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyGalaxy View Post

<><><><><>

dc is 12, any roll 12 or higher is a success, any roll below that is a fail. nat20 is still a perfect catch, nat1 is still a miserable failure

<><><><><>

*-Deerpaw-*
37/100
he/they | 6moons | Agatha Kitty
fluffy brown tom with a bobbed tail and patches of white on his muzzle and chest

roll: ...3

Perhaps he was too eager, because the second Deerpaw was encouraged to go ahead he must have alerted the rodent somehow. It almost immediately started scampering away, fear scent evident in the air around them. Deerpaw put on a burst of speed to chase after it, but maybe he was just unfamiliar with the terrain here because he kept managing to loose it until he cornered it against a tree and the stupid thing bolted upward and into the high branches.

"No!" The apprentice hissed under his breath, "I was so close!" He wasn't really all that close, and they knew that too, but there seemed to be nothing in the world worse than missing a catch on a hunt. He felt terrible... that chipmunk could've fed someone in the clan and he let it slip away. Would Snowecho punish him for that? He didn't think so, but surely some part of the warrior would be annoyed, even if he didn't say so or show it anywhere in their body language. Would Blackpath have gotten angry with him? Part of them doesn't want to think so, but they also still don't have a great read on their mentor, so who's to say, really.

Frustrated, the brown tom makes his way back toward where Snowecho is waiting, ears folded back in frustration. He'd get the next one for sure - he had to.

snowecho // he/him // 30 moons

---

Ah, perhaps it was too ambitious of a hunt for the young one. They can't help shrinking back on themselves upon hearing the words of frustration further in the forest. It definitely would have been easier if he had been the one to attempt the hunt but... He wanted to give the apprentice a chance. Wanted to let them try and if they succeeded, feel proud. There was no pride to be seen as the young cat makes his reappearance and the guilt sits heavily on the warrior's features. All they've done was make him feel bad about himself. Make him feel not good enough, make him feel like a waste of... No, no, no more self projecting. Not all thought like they did. No need to impose such dangerous thoughts on a promising young apprentice.

"... I'm sorry."

Lowering their head, they're unable to meet the other's eye. What was he even thinking, letting him try something harder so quickly? Then they remember... This wasn't their apprentice. Whether it makes them feel better or worse, they're unsure.

"Um... We can head back now, if you'd like... Or you could always... Try again? D-Don't feel like you have to, though... Especially if you're overwhelmed... There will be other patrols."

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !
Old August 15th, 2023, 06:55 PM
What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwynds View Post

snowecho // he/him // 30 moons

---

Ah, perhaps it was too ambitious of a hunt for the young one. They can't help shrinking back on themselves upon hearing the words of frustration further in the forest. It definitely would have been easier if he had been the one to attempt the hunt but... He wanted to give the apprentice a chance. Wanted to let them try and if they succeeded, feel proud. There was no pride to be seen as the young cat makes his reappearance and the guilt sits heavily on the warrior's features. All they've done was make him feel bad about himself. Make him feel not good enough, make him feel like a waste of... No, no, no more self projecting. Not all thought like they did. No need to impose such dangerous thoughts on a promising young apprentice.

"... I'm sorry."

Lowering their head, they're unable to meet the other's eye. What was he even thinking, letting him try something harder so quickly? Then they remember... This wasn't their apprentice. Whether it makes them feel better or worse, they're unsure.

"Um... We can head back now, if you'd like... Or you could always... Try again? D-Don't feel like you have to, though... Especially if you're overwhelmed... There will be other patrols."

<><><><><>

*-Deerpaw-*
38/100
fluffy brown tom with a bobbed tail and patches of white on his muzzle and chest

Why did Snowecho look like they were the one who let the prey slip away? Deerpaw couldn't understand that, wasn't this failure his own? The warrior almost seemed to be taking it harder than he was but still managed to account for Deerpaw's feelings. Though, for starters, yes he was a little frustrated, but that didn't really feel the same as being overwhelmed. But Snowecho was right, there would always be other patrols.

"Would the five mice we caught be enough to take back?" He asked, head tilting to the side and offering the warrior a curious frown.
Old August 15th, 2023, 07:13 PM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyGalaxy View Post

<><><><><>

*-Deerpaw-*
38/100

Why did Snowecho look like they were the one who let the prey slip away? Deerpaw couldn't understand that, wasn't this failure his own? The warrior almost seemed to be taking it harder than he was but still managed to account for Deerpaw's feelings. Though, for starters, yes he was a little frustrated, but that didn't really feel the same as being overwhelmed. But Snowecho was right, there would always be other patrols.

"Would the five mice we caught be enough to take back?" He asked, head tilting to the side and offering the warrior a curious frown.

snowecho // he/they // 30 moons

---

"I would think so." They mew softly, relieved that the apprentice wasn't going to throw some kind of tantrum. Not that they expected it-- oh no, they didn't expect anything from any cat in any regard. But if Deerpaw felt the need to vent his frustration he would understand. "Especially since you haven't had enough training yet. If you're okay with it we can head back."

If Vulturefang wanted to punish him... Then so be it. He would accept the punishment without complaint. Deerpaw did well, though. Hopefully any harsh words or worse wouldn't come to the young one at all. Especially for leaving without Lizardpaw.

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !
Old August 15th, 2023, 10:56 PM
What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwynds View Post

snowecho // he/they // 30 moons

---

"I would think so." They mew softly, relieved that the apprentice wasn't going to throw some kind of tantrum. Not that they expected it-- oh no, they didn't expect anything from any cat in any regard. But if Deerpaw felt the need to vent his frustration he would understand. "Especially since you haven't had enough training yet. If you're okay with it we can head back."

If Vulturefang wanted to punish him... Then so be it. He would accept the punishment without complaint. Deerpaw did well, though. Hopefully any harsh words or worse wouldn't come to the young one at all. Especially for leaving without Lizardpaw.

<><><><><>

*-Deerpaw-*
39/100

Deliberating over it for just a moment, Deerpaw ultimately nodded. He wasn't used to the frustration of a failed attempt, nor was he used to the frustration seeming to linger as this one has. Maybe he should talk to somebody about that. While he's at it, maybe he should also talk to somebody about that weird spiral he went down, beating himself into the ground over asking too many questions. Questions were a good thing, right? He thought so, at least, so why is it all of a sudden feeling like asking any questions is going to... ruin something. Or make some cat hate him? That was so weird...

"Ok," he said, shaking himself away from the spiraling thoughts in his head, "let's bring back what we have."
Old August 16th, 2023, 06:33 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

@Darkclaws [Darkfall] @ares [Ravenpaw] @Leafie [Rufflepaw]

With no questions or complaints from anyone, Dawnstar turned and began searching around the nearby stream for any dock as Ravenpaw headed off in a different direction. Elmshadow had not specified where the dock grew so searching anywhere was fair game. The clan leader didn't search long or all that hard, as she found herself mildly distracted by her apprentice. She lifted her head from the ground, keen ears stationed in the direction Ravenpaw was not too far from her.

Dawnstar could hear her irritated stomping paws only after a few moments of searching. She wasn't upset or troubled by Ravenpaw's impatience, Dawnstar had not been the most patient of cats when she was younger either. Easily frustrated and unfocused when she didn't find or picked things up as swiftly as she felt she should as an apprentice. Dawnstar had curbed that now older, you could only learn patience when dealing with a whole clan. Amused, the dark brown tabby turned away and went back to searching nearby ferns for their herb.

She barely finished nosing her way under ferns when she heard Ravenpaw call for her. Lifting her and shaking her head vigorously to dispel some stray cobwebs stuck on one of her ears, the giant she-cat walked over to where Ravenpaw was excitingly trilling about her find. Dawnstar towered over the small she-cat while her amber eyes searched the ground where she was standing. The leader found the leafy plant quickly through the mess of nettles surrounding them. She dipped her head to give the plant a sniff and then wrinkled her nose at the sharp tangy smell that came from it.

"Well done, Ravenpaw. Your persistence paid off." Dawnstar offered the bi-colored paw a bit of praise noticing how proud the apprentice appeared to be of herself. Dawnstar was getting better with gifted praise to those who deserved it. It didn't come as naturally to her as it might to some, having rarely if ever been offered such a thing when she was younger, expectations driven the molly then not praise. But subjecting the same expectations to Ravenpaw would get Dawnstar nowhere.

"So you will want to carefully find the base of the stem and nip it at the bottom of the leaf. Don't pull it off you'll risk damaging whatever we don't collect." Dawnstar explained, showing her a few seconds later as she carefully parted the herb with a paw, making sure not to step on the herb, and lowered her head, nipping near the very end of the large leaves along the small stem so she could take the dock. She repeated three more times, collecting four dock leaves. [+4 dock]

"Grab what you can carry and let's see if the boys found the marigold. Don't bite down too hard on the herb when carrying it." Dawnstar reminded, collecting her bundle in her maw and padding the direction of their meeting spot. Herbs were rather disgusting to carry, the bitter taste in her maw was going to linger even after she'd drank and eaten for the day. Dawnstar couldn't help but wonder how medicine cats ate or tasted anything after dealing with herbs.

Purrks
Dawnstar: Beefed Up Tier 3 || Mindreader
Leechscar: Master Scout || Ultimate Predator

Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder
Old August 18th, 2023, 12:10 AM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

• Ravenpaw •
mottled black-and-white molly with gleaming yellow eyes
Purrks: N/A

Dawny was proud of her? A throb of appreciation rushed through the young bicolored molly’s body as her tail instinctively rose into the air; gleaming yellow hues glistened with pride as her lips tugged into a wide, bright smile. The dark-furred leader wasn’t always big and scary afterall! All she was was just super tough and secretly had a soft spot. At least, that was what Ravenpaw’s personal thoughts were thinking, and she definitely seemed to believe the uttermost of the fact that Dawnstar secretly had a softer demeanor to her than what meets the eye. I mean, every cat has a hidden personality, right? Flashing her leader yet another wide grin, the molly merely pulled her head up high as she eagerly tapped her mismatched front paws against the soil with excitement from the fact that Dawny was proud of her for bearing the momentum of finally having some persistence and allowing it to pay off. “Thank you! I plan on using it more often when we go on more patrols together!” She explained, twitching her whiskers in a positive note. She didn’t really exactly know what was actually going through the colossal tabby’s mind, but she preferred to keep that note to something positive even if it was probably something negative.

The leader’s next set of words threw the young molly into a curve ball when Dawny began to carefully inform Ravenpaw how to properly collect herbs, even showing her herself in case words alone weren’t enough to get through her child-like mind. She watched the entire time as Dawny plucked around three or four dock plants from out of the surface of the marsh-like ground. It was weird to see four different shapes of the dock plant dangle from her leader's mouth. It was a weird sight to see, but it wasn’t like Ravenpaw was going to complain about it either way, it was her turn! Bracing her shoulders, she knelt her head down and carefully grasped her jaws around the stem of the dock plant, almost instinctively letting go due to the rough bitter taste that it left on her tongue. How did medicine cats deal with that sort of stuff? Yuck. Forcefully ignoring the thought, the apprentice carefully yanked one of the dock plants out from underneath the ground; the roots plucking out with almost little to no tearing along its surface from her rather neat plucking. “Like this, Dawny?” She questioned, holding the dock plant with her teeth as she looked in the direction of her leader for a couple of seconds before focusing back towards the spot where it came from. It wouldn’t hurt if she gathered one more, right? Kneeling down again, she carefully grasped her jaws around another one of the nettle-like plants and gave it a gentle, but rough rug. Soon enough, that dock plant itself successfully got plucked out from the ground with almost little to no problems succumbing from it. Great!
[ +2 dock ]

After grabbing as much as she could carry, the bicolored molly stomped after her leader, being sure not to let loose too much pressure against the bundle of herbs that were dangling from her jaws. Why did it have to taste so gosh-dang nasty and weird? “How do medicine cats deal with the weird and disgusting taste of this stuff…” she mumbled, questioning it mainly towards herself as her young brain worked itself to try to figure out the question among her own. It was probably due to the fact that they had been medicine cats for a long while and that they were used to their job. It probably explained it, but it was still so weird! Huffing behind the bundle of herbs within her jaws, the young feline stood alongside her leader as her paws silently tapped against the soft soil in silence. It was a rather common habit of hers to carry and it wasn’t exactly something she could easily overcome. It was almost like a stimulation for her, in a way. She didn’t necessarily know how to explain it, it was just like that.

@Undertaker @Leafie @Darkclaws

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker
Old August 18th, 2023, 01:33 AM
*rattles cage* LEMME OUT

Bump Policy: once every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Darkfall

Shadow Fiend: Inactive | Beefed Up (T1)

Darkfall had been in the midst of searching within a small thicket for the herbs when he heard the call of his apprentice asking for confirmation on his discovery. Walking over, he inspected the flowers in front of him. Orangey-yellow? Check. Growing low to the ground? Also, check. That had to be Marigold, right? Well… they’d find out he guessed.

Nodding to his apprentice he rumbled out a ”I think you’re right. Excellent job Rufflepaw,” and brought up his tail in an attempt to rest it upon the apprentice’s shoulder for a moment. ”Let’s collect some of this and then head back to Dawnstar and Ravenpaw. Gently snip the stems with your teeth and carefully carry them so that you don’t damage them, I'd rather not receive an earful from Elmshadow later on,” he instructed.

Doing just that, Darkfall snipped the stems of a few flowers before picking them up and waiting for Rufflepaw to finish on his end. Upon seeing that the younger tom had finished, he turned and flicked his tail to beckon his apprentice to follow before making his way back to where they had initially left the other two members of their patrol.
[Marigold +3]
[ @ares @Leafie @Undertaker I’m so sorry. I couldn’t muster the motivation for this post at all]

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here
Old August 18th, 2023, 07:09 PM
I might be lost here

Bump Policy: 2 Days
My Mood: Thinking

Rufflepaw
Muscled Ginger cashmere bengal ▵ He/Him ▵ 6moons
❀•°❀°•❀
‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

Rufflepaw jumped and purred at hearing he had found the right plant, the very one they were searching for. Of course, it seemed to be easy to find but he was still happy to get something right, whatever it was. Now they could go back to camp and he could maybe get some sort of training after this. Whatever he did afterward he didn't care what it was, as long as he kept himself busy. Following his mentor's lead he leaned down to bite off a few of the marigolds like he was told to. Once he had them in his jaws not bothering to even bite down on them but also making sure he wouldn't drop them, he waited for Darkfall. Just the taste of this thing in his mouth made him want to spit it out, why did it have to be gross? He would not last long in that kind of work especially if he couldn't handle the taste of these things. He marched to his spot as he waited, trying to control himself from spitting the flowers out of his mouth, such a hard task for him to do. Seeing his mentor moving forward he followed after with no hesitation, he was ready to finish this patrol.
[+2 Marigold]
@Darkclaws @Undertaker @ares

══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══

Feel free to hit me up if you want to rp with me
Littlepaw / Springburst / Leafpaw / Rufflepaw / Baykit / Koikit / Applebees

Old August 19th, 2023, 12:56 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

@Darkclaws [Darkfall] @ares [Ravenpaw] @Leafie [Rufflepaw]

Dawnstar found it exceedingly difficult to not chomp down harder on the herb in her mouth, yet at the same time, the nasty taste made her want to spit it out. She had one ear turned slightly sideways, listening for Ravenpaw's steps, as they came paused at the entrance of Shadow's Break. Thankfully, they didn't have to wait long for the Darkfall and Rufflepaw. They seemed to have found their herb and swiftly made their way back.

"This is dock." The leader meowed to the mentor and apprentice pair as they joined them, setting down her herbs for a moment to speak quickly. "Memorize it so if you're ever out you can pick up a few leaves for Elmshadow." Dawnstar meowed and then looked over at Ravenpaw.

"That pretty bright flower they're carrying is the marigold. Same thing to you, Ravenpaw. You don't need to know what they do but you should try to remember what the herbs look like in case you find any while you're out of camp. You don't need to be assigned an herb patrol to collect herbs." She grumbled the last bit while grabbing her dock leaves once again.

She signaled with her tail for the apprentices and warrior to follow her as she led the way back to camp once they had familiarized themselves with the different herbs.

Purrks
Dawnstar: Beefed Up Tier 3 || Mindreader
Leechscar: Master Scout || Ultimate Predator

Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder
Old September 4th, 2023, 01:05 AM

Status: Did you know that Goldfish actually have memories of up to 3 years?
Bump Policy: Honestly, whenever. I most likely forgot about it as I have the attention span on a goldfish
My Mood: Queenly

LeapMoon laughed 'Okay then. Let's head out to Shadow's Break. There's always a lot of prey there. We need to be careful not to trample the plants though.'
@Theodore_510