ThunderClan Clearing
by dino.
Last post by BEAR.
Today 04:45 PM

Old March 8th, 2020, 09:18 PM
She we do not speak of

My Mood: Paranoid

Default Simple Curiosity [OPEN FOR ANYONE]

Hubble, a ginger-and-white Maine Coon with amber eyes, gazed out the window longingly at the forest. His folks were out for the day, leaving him at home with nothing to do but wait for them to return. He missed them. With the new Twoleg kit arriving and all, they hadn't had much quality time together lately.

He remembered the days before the little yowling thing came into his house, and how a she-Twoleg cared for him when his family went away for at least a moon. He liked her a lot. He wished he could see her again, even though she wasn't technically a part of his kit-hood family. She always spoke softly and sweetly to him, bopping noses with him each time she came to visit. She loved it whenever he took a snooze on her lap, or when he kneaded her sides like he would his mother. She was never harsh with him, even when he made a mess of the Twoleg nest, or got that greyish, sticky dust under his claws. Many a mat she'd gotten out of his thick coat with white powder and that... shiny metal tooth-thing.

He never liked it when she had to go. The last time she left, she seemed very sad. He couldn't figure out why water kept running down her muzzle when she went away. Maybe the big blue monster that swallowed her each time had something to do with it.

But he was here now, sitting on the windowsill watching the squirrels chase one another through the snow. Maybe he'd go out for a walk. It was only a little ways into the forest from the backyard.

So off he went, through the kittypet door and into the snow-covered woods.

- I left -
Old March 11th, 2020, 10:33 PM
Kindheart

My Mood: Stressed
Default Re: Simple Curiosity [OPEN FOR ANYONE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara Flynn View Post
Hubble, a ginger-and-white Maine Coon with amber eyes, gazed out the window longingly at the forest. His folks were out for the day, leaving him at home with nothing to do but wait for them to return. He missed them. With the new Twoleg kit arriving and all, they hadn't had much quality time together lately.

He remembered the days before the little yowling thing came into his house, and how a she-Twoleg cared for him when his family went away for at least a moon. He liked her a lot. He wished he could see her again, even though she wasn't technically a part of his kit-hood family. She always spoke softly and sweetly to him, bopping noses with him each time she came to visit. She loved it whenever he took a snooze on her lap, or when he kneaded her sides like he would his mother. She was never harsh with him, even when he made a mess of the Twoleg nest, or got that greyish, sticky dust under his claws. Many a mat she'd gotten out of his thick coat with white powder and that... shiny metal tooth-thing.

He never liked it when she had to go. The last time she left, she seemed very sad. He couldn't figure out why water kept running down her muzzle when she went away. Maybe the big blue monster that swallowed her each time had something to do with it.

But he was here now, sitting on the windowsill watching the squirrels chase one another through the snow. Maybe he'd go out for a walk. It was only a little ways into the forest from the backyard.

Once he entered the forest, silence danced across the snow as the bare trees swayed in the wind. Soon enough, an odd scent met his nose; smelt of monster and some sort of meat. If he were to approach the scent, a trail of soft blood droplets would be sought and following it lead him to a mass of orange pelt that sat in the snow.

Lifting his head from his mouse feed, yellow eyes caught sight of the kittypet and though many clan cats were aggressive, the gaze was kind. Lifting his large orange head, the loner flicked a gentle smile, licking the traces of blood from his lips, "Hello." His voice was soft and sweet as he flicked his luscious tail to curl around his paws.

My Characters | RP Tracker

Wondering what my characters think of yours? View their thoughts!

Everything Finder

Old March 12th, 2020, 05:04 PM
She we do not speak of

@Slatepaw

"Uh... hi," Hubble meowed in a raspy voice. "Wasn't expecting to see anybody today." He sat down in front of the stranger. "What's that 'cha got there?" He nodded at the carcass at the older cat's feet. Well, he guessed the cat was older. Hubble was still a youngster, and he was still naïve and... uneducated on Clan life.

- I left -
Old March 12th, 2020, 05:29 PM
Kindheart

@Mara Flynn

The orange tom took note of the friendliness that the younger one gave. In his mind, he was happy that this Kittypet had ran into him and not one of those aggressive cats that lived in the woods. His yellow gaze fell to the mouse in front of him, "It's a mouse." He pawed at the half eaten carcass for a moment before smiling down at the other and giving an introduction, "My name if Funk. What's yours?"

Everything Finder

Last edited by Slatepaw; March 12th, 2020 at 05:29 PM.
Old March 13th, 2020, 03:42 PM
She we do not speak of

@Slatepaw

"Hubble," the ginger and white kittypet replied. "So... are you one of those Clan cats, or...?"

- I left -
Old March 13th, 2020, 05:36 PM
Kindheart

He bowed his head in a greeting before then shaking it in an answer, "No. I live on my own." There was a tinge of sadness as he said this, his eyes falling to the mouse at his feet, "Have you tried a mouse before?" He Lowe's his muzzle to gently push the carcass towards the other, in case he wanted to try some. @Skye

Everything Finder

Old March 13th, 2020, 06:04 PM
She we do not speak of

@Slatepaw

"I haven't. Could I-- I mean-- may I?" Hubble murred.

- I left -
Old March 13th, 2020, 08:57 PM
Kindheart

The lovely orange male nodded his head with a sweet smile, gesturing to the remainder of his meal, "Go for it, Hubble. @Skye

Everything Finder

Old March 19th, 2020, 04:37 PM
Smile, she said.

[QUOTE=Skye;646521]Hubble, a ginger-and-white Maine Coon with amber eyes, gazed out the window longingly at the forest. His folks were out for the day, leaving him at home with nothing to do but wait for them to return. He missed them. With the new Twoleg kit arriving and all, they hadn't had much quality time together lately.

Moon shivered, her pelt thick with snow. She was hungry, tired, but most of all, lonely. She lifted her nose to the air, trying to find even the slightest bit of prey scent. She hung her head low, her tail dropping back into the snow with a small crunch. No prey. No other cats, either. She pricked her ears. Maybe hearing would be better then smelling for prey. As she trotted through the snow, she started to hear voices. And smelled... prey? Water flooded her mouth. It had been ages since she had eaten ANYTHING. Maybe whoever was enjoying that meal wouldn't mind sharing. Tail lifted high, she began to follow the cheerful voices.
Old March 19th, 2020, 05:20 PM
She we do not speak of

@Slatepaw @TeamRiverRipple

"Someone's coming," Hubble's orange ears perked up, and he lashed his tail.

- I left -