Last post by ollie
Today 06:25 PM
The Shadowledge
by BEAR.
Last post by Undertaker
Today 06:22 PM

Old November 6th, 2023, 04:51 PM
don't eat me

Bump Policy: If I've failed to respond in a timely manner, please know that I'm trying very hard to be a person
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: in the face of eternity || [p]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan-117 View Post
Her face breaks out with a smile, and she stands, leaning slightly against the tree. She looks up at him, then holds out her hand like a little child. She doesn't know why she wants to so bad, but she aches to hold his hand. She ignores the weird looks she is given. The cloud hides behind a large cloud, and she looks at the fading light.
Because the daylight has almost faded, Simon doesn't open his umbrella. He stares at Aydan's outstretched hand, has an internal panic attack, but ends up taking it. He has relatively small hands, and he's a bit embarrassed by it - he wonders if Aydan will mention it. "Lead the way," he says with a grin.

GOOD MOOOOOORNING!! Are you ready to complete your contractual obligations?
pronouns || please validate my art
Old November 7th, 2023, 08:46 AM
steal my heart, its yours

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by sock View Post
Because the daylight has almost faded, Simon doesn't open his umbrella. He stares at Aydan's outstretched hand, has an internal panic attack, but ends up taking it. He has relatively small hands, and he's a bit embarrassed by it - he wonders if Aydan will mention it. "Lead the way," he says with a grin.
She notices how small his hands are, but she only smiles and does not mention it. With a pang of sadness she recalls that her mother would have called them 'musicians hands'. She smiles again, this time a little sadly. Then she leads him towards a tall, white-grey building that seems to be a little run-down and kind of intimidating. Aydan looks over her shoulder and smiles at him before she opens the door, only to stop in her tracks when she sees someone that looks a lot like her father. Her blue eyes darts away from him and looks up at Simon. She wants to hide, wonders where she can hide, when the warden smiles at her sweetly.

"Aydan, dear, this lad told me how he's related to you. He is your cousin, he says, and his father is willing to take you in!" The warden says happily - glad to be rid of her. "The paperwork has been dealt with."

But Aydan feels only fear. With another look at Simon, she shakes her head and tries to hide behind him, pressing herself against him - mostly on accident. "n-n-no, i ain't gonna g-go...." she whispers, her voice cracking. The 'cousin' only looks at her and smirks before hiding it. That only seems to scare her more.

Story Writing(tips and others) |

Lynxfang - Beefed Up Tier One
Shatterpaw - Skip The Steps
Burnetkit - Silver Tongue and Mind Reader

Old November 7th, 2023, 02:05 PM
don't eat me

Bump Policy: If I've failed to respond in a timely manner, please know that I'm trying very hard to be a person

Quote:
She notices how small his hands are, but she only smiles and does not mention it. With a pang of sadness she recalls that her mother would have called them 'musicians hands'. She smiles again, this time a little sadly. Then she leads him towards a tall, white-grey building that seems to be a little run-down and kind of intimidating. Aydan looks over her shoulder and smiles at him before she opens the door, only to stop in her tracks when she sees someone that looks a lot like her father. Her blue eyes darts away from him and looks up at Simon. She wants to hide, wonders where she can hide, when the warden smiles at her sweetly.

"Aydan, dear, this lad told me how he's related to you. He is your cousin, he says, and his father is willing to take you in!" The warden says happily - glad to be rid of her. "The paperwork has been dealt with."

But Aydan feels only fear. With another look at Simon, she shakes her head and tries to hide behind him, pressing herself against him - mostly on accident. "n-n-no, i ain't gonna g-go...." she whispers, her voice cracking. The 'cousin' only looks at her and smirks before hiding it. That only seems to scare her more.
Simon stares at the man and the warden, confused, frozen. From what he gathers, Aydan is being taken away. He feels her trying to hide behind him, pressing close - and he tightens his grip on her hand. He hopes it feels reassuring.

(I wanted to make this a little longer, but I'm super tired - my cat demanded food at like, 3 in the morning)

Old November 8th, 2023, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Simon stares at the man and the warden, confused, frozen. From what he gathers, Aydan is being taken away. He feels her trying to hide behind him, pressing close - and he tightens his grip on her hand. He hopes it feels reassuring.

(I wanted to make this a little longer, but I'm super tired - my cat demanded food at like, 3 in the morning)
She is so clueless, she does not know what to do. Her confidence is wholly gone, and won't return. She frowns before wrapping her arms tightly around Simon's waist, telling herself that if he's here all will be fine-

Old November 8th, 2023, 02:38 PM
don't eat me

Quote:
She is so clueless, she does not know what to do. Her confidence is wholly gone, and won't return. She frowns before wrapping her arms tightly around Simon's waist, telling herself that if he's here all will be fine-
Simon blushes, standing awkwardly against the sudden contact. He turns his head to look at Aydan, and whispers, "What's happening? Who are those people?"

Old November 8th, 2023, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Simon blushes, standing awkwardly against the sudden contact. He turns his head to look at Aydan, and whispers, "What's happening? Who are those people?"
""m-my cousin and the warden...." Aydan whispers shakily.

Old November 8th, 2023, 02:47 PM
don't eat me

Quote:
""m-my cousin and the warden...." Aydan whispers shakily.
Simon glances from the men to Aydan. "Isn't it good that you're being taken out of the orphanage?"

Old November 9th, 2023, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Simon glances from the men to Aydan. "Isn't it good that you're being taken out of the orphanage?"
"no! i don't want to go because i don't know that guy, and the way he... smirked at me when i cringed away from him!" She whispers, loosening her grip slightly. She feels his heartbeat and it calms her down - only slightly.

Old November 9th, 2023, 08:23 AM
don't eat me

Quote:
"no! i don't want to go because i don't know that guy, and the way he... smirked at me when i cringed away from him!" She whispers, loosening her grip slightly. She feels his heartbeat and it calms her down - only slightly.
Simon frowned. "So don't go with him," he suggested.

(lmao i like how "cousin" and warden are just standing there watching them talk like ":)")

Last edited by sock; November 9th, 2023 at 08:23 AM.
Old November 9th, 2023, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Simon frowned. "So don't go with him," he suggested.

(lmao i like how "cousin" and warden are just standing there watching them talk like "")
Aydan looks at the warden and her 'cousin' before she frowns at them.

"My dear, you have no choice."

She's always been good at running - one of the few things she has been built for. She knows she can run and they'll never find her. She looks at Simon for one split moment before she lets go. "...okay... let me go get my stuff..." She murmurs softly before she walks up the stairs. She looks around the tiny room shared by three other girls, then she grabs the pictures and other articles from her life. She then stuffs them in a tiny bag and then walks back down to everyone else.

Aydan stops behind Simon, then she hesitates. is this really a good idea? no, but Imma still do it- A hysterical laugh bubbles in her throat before she grabs Simon's hand and then starts to run out of the orphanage, letting go of his hand when she is sure he knows to run.