Last post by Hollyheart of thunder
Today 10:20 PM

Old February 21st, 2017, 11:02 AM
questionmark

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: WindClan | RiverClan Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyfoot⚜ View Post
Mistyfoot trekked through the brush, a huge vole and two mice in her jaws. She had definitely gone too close to the Windclan border, and really doubted her decision. She had gotten tired of hunting and eating fish for the past moon, as for some reason that was all she managed to catch and scrape up to eat. Riverclan was doing fine on prey, she just happened to be out on late night hunts far too often. She didn't want any cat to suspect her of sneaking off at night, so she only fished. She felt proud of herself for catching good woodland prey after so much fishing, but she had gone so deep into Riverclan territory. Finally, after her paws were shaking, she decided to rest among the roots of a tree. She hid her prey under an arched root, and sat down, leaning against the big trunk of the tree. She looked around herself. She hadn't been here for a while. She could clearly see Windclan territory, and was wondering if she should've gone this far.

@Spirited Darkness
Wildpath fluffed up her pelt, although it was not much good, as her fur was short and thin, but she didn't mind the cold. Sighing, the warrior padded along the border with RiverClan, wishing that her friend, who had retired early then died was still here. She'd enjoyed talking with him, and missed him quite a bit. She would go hunting, but there was very little prey, and even so, she wasn't the bet hunter due to her inability to see where the prey was. She paused, having scented a very strong smell of both RiverClan and prey. She raised her head, jaws parted as she drew in the scents, quickly discovering where they came from. The cloudy eyed brown molly sat down near the border, keeping her eyes narrowed to hide that she couldn't actually see. She wondered who was there, and if they were hostile or not. Wildpath knew that during leafbare, cats tended to be rather hostile due to the scarceness of prey, and she flicked her ears warily, waiting to hear if the cat had noticed her, sitting close to the border, staring blindly in the cat's general direction.
Old February 21st, 2017, 11:26 AM

My Mood: Angelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited Darkness View Post

Wildpath fluffed up her pelt, although it was not much good, as her fur was short and thin, but she didn't mind the cold. Sighing, the warrior padded along the border with RiverClan, wishing that her friend, who had retired early then died was still here. She'd enjoyed talking with him, and missed him quite a bit. She would go hunting, but there was very little prey, and even so, she wasn't the bet hunter due to her inability to see where the prey was. She paused, having scented a very strong smell of both RiverClan and prey. She raised her head, jaws parted as she drew in the scents, quickly discovering where they came from. The cloudy eyed brown molly sat down near the border, keeping her eyes narrowed to hide that she couldn't actually see. She wondered who was there, and if they were hostile or not. Wildpath knew that during leafbare, cats tended to be rather hostile due to the scarceness of prey, and she flicked her ears warily, waiting to hear if the cat had noticed her, sitting close to the border, staring blindly in the cat's general direction.
Mistyfoot stood up and stretched her limbs. She had better be getting back to camp and stop being lazy. As she got up, she sniffed the crisp air, hoping there would at least be a scrawny mouse around so she could catch it and make up for her laziness. She could smell a stale scent of rabbit, and some birds, but also a Windclan cat close by. Mistyfoot doubted there was a Windclan cat on Riverclan territory, but her fur stood on end anyways. She crouched down into the ferns and brambles, and looked around. First, she could only see bushes, bracken, a scrawny mouse scuffling into the crack of a rock.. But then, her eyes rested on a thin furred Windclan cat. It was on the Windclan territory, so she didn't exactly mind as much. But she knew, if it stepped paw on Riverclan territory, it wouldn't leave without a fight. Mistyfoot didn't want to deal with it or have it notice her, so she simply stood up and picked up her fresh kill. She watched the cat one last time before setting off to leave. The cat had an eerily familiar. Before leaving, she sat down her prey once more and began to wash herself.

[character site]
Old February 21st, 2017, 09:44 PM
questionmark

Quote:
Mistyfoot stood up and stretched her limbs. She had better be getting back to camp and stop being lazy. As she got up, she sniffed the crisp air, hoping there would at least be a scrawny mouse around so she could catch it and make up for her laziness. She could smell a stale scent of rabbit, and some birds, but also a Windclan cat close by. Mistyfoot doubted there was a Windclan cat on Riverclan territory, but her fur stood on end anyways. She crouched down into the ferns and brambles, and looked around. First, she could only see bushes, bracken, a scrawny mouse scuffling into the crack of a rock.. But then, her eyes rested on a thin furred Windclan cat. It was on the Windclan territory, so she didn't exactly mind as much. But she knew, if it stepped paw on Riverclan territory, it wouldn't leave without a fight. Mistyfoot didn't want to deal with it or have it notice her, so she simply stood up and picked up her fresh kill. She watched the cat one last time before setting off to leave. The cat had an eerily familiar. Before leaving, she sat down her prey once more and began to wash herself.
Wildpath heard the cat moving about, then she could hear how the RiverClan cat sort of stopped moving very suddenly, and she guessed that they had spotted her. She sniffed the air around her, but the cold had set in and was hiding stale scents, she she could no longer properly smell the border. She wished she could see the cat, and had no real way of knowing if they were on RiverClan territory or WindClan territory, and that unsettled her quite a bit. She stepped forwards, unknowingly crossing the border. “Hey.” she called, making her tone firm but friendly, although her voice shook from the cold. [B]“How's prey running iin RiverClan?” she asked in an attempt to make conversation, as she felt that as long as they were both there, why not try and talk for a bit? She could see no reason not to, and stopped, wondering for a moment if the cat was even still there.
Old February 23rd, 2017, 03:03 PM

Quote:

Wildpath heard the cat moving about, then she could hear how the RiverClan cat sort of stopped moving very suddenly, and she guessed that they had spotted her. She sniffed the air around her, but the cold had set in and was hiding stale scents, she she could no longer properly smell the border. She wished she could see the cat, and had no real way of knowing if they were on RiverClan territory or WindClan territory, and that unsettled her quite a bit. She stepped forwards, unknowingly crossing the border. “Hey.” she called, making her tone firm but friendly, although her voice shook from the cold. [B]“How's prey running iin RiverClan?” she asked in an attempt to make conversation, as she felt that as long as they were both there, why not try and talk for a bit? She could see no reason not to, and stopped, wondering for a moment if the cat was even still there.
Mistyfoot continued focusing her gaze across the border. The cat was just standing there. Suddenly, the strange cat spoke. Mistyfoot flicked her ears at the seeming kind greeting. Her tail tip twitched as she opened her mouth the speak. She nodded, and replied, "Fine...." as she stood up. It was stupid of her not to disguise her scent but clearly it didn't matter anymore. Once Mistyfoot was up, she noticed the Windclan cat had crossed the border. Does she know? she thought. Immediately, she knew she had to say something. "You're on Riverclan's border, if you'd like to know." Mistyfoot's fur bristled as her gaze focused on the new cat. Her tail twitched side to side, ready for battle if it would come.

[character site]
Old February 23rd, 2017, 04:26 PM
questionmark

Quote:
Mistyfoot continued focusing her gaze across the border. The cat was just standing there. Suddenly, the strange cat spoke. Mistyfoot flicked her ears at the seeming kind greeting. Her tail tip twitched as she opened her mouth the speak. She nodded, and replied, "Fine...." as she stood up. It was stupid of her not to disguise her scent but clearly it didn't matter anymore. Once Mistyfoot was up, she noticed the Windclan cat had crossed the border. Does she know? she thought. Immediately, she knew she had to say something. "You're on Riverclan's border, if you'd like to know." Mistyfoot's fur bristled as her gaze focused on the new cat. Her tail twitched side to side, ready for battle if it would come.
Wildpath blinked, waiting for the RiverClan cat's response, and when it came, it was not what she had expected. Scenting the air, she realized that it was true, and backed up until she was back on WindClan territory. “Sorry. I should've been more careful.” she replied hastily, ducking her head lick her chest fur in embarrassment. She could hear the faint bristle of fur, and felt bad that she was the cause of it. Flicking an ear, she sat down on her haunches, staring blindly towards the cat's voice, moving her gaze from time to time, hoping to cover up her lack of sight, as she didn't like to appear weak or different from any other cat, and the best way to do that would be to make sure they don't know that she isn't the same. The tabby listened carefully, her ears swiveling about constantly.

Last edited by doghouse; February 23rd, 2017 at 04:27 PM.
Old February 23rd, 2017, 06:10 PM

Quote:

Wildpath blinked, waiting for the RiverClan cat's response, and when it came, it was not what she had expected. Scenting the air, she realized that it was true, and backed up until she was back on WindClan territory. “Sorry. I should've been more careful.” she replied hastily, ducking her head lick her chest fur in embarrassment. She could hear the faint bristle of fur, and felt bad that she was the cause of it. Flicking an ear, she sat down on her haunches, staring blindly towards the cat's voice, moving her gaze from time to time, hoping to cover up her lack of sight, as she didn't like to appear weak or different from any other cat, and the best way to do that would be to make sure they don't know that she isn't the same. The tabby listened carefully, her ears swiveling about constantly.
Mistyfoot nodded as the new cat stepped back onto her territory. "No problem... but learn your borders." Mistyfoot gazed at the slightly familiar she cat. "I hope the prey is running okay for you as well?" Mistyfoot added cautiously. She didn't want to be too harsh, so she tried to ease the conversation. The cat seemed quite friendly, so she thought it shouldn't be a problem. Mistyfoot looked back toward her camp. She could hardly hear the rushing water, she thought she must be far.

[character site]
Old February 23rd, 2017, 06:30 PM
questionmark

Quote:
Mistyfoot nodded as the new cat stepped back onto her territory. "No problem... but learn your borders." Mistyfoot gazed at the slightly familiar she cat. "I hope the prey is running okay for you as well?" Mistyfoot added cautiously. She didn't want to be too harsh, so she tried to ease the conversation. The cat seemed quite friendly, so she thought it shouldn't be a problem. Mistyfoot looked back toward her camp. She could hardly hear the rushing water, she thought she must be far.
Wildpath nodded, parting her jaws and noticing something half familiar about the cat's scent and tilted her head, wondering if she'd perhaps passed this cat at the gathering or something. She wondered if RiverClan cats were always this tense, then shook her head, blinking. “It is.” she replied, fluffing up her pelt so that her ribs didn't show as well through her thin fur, staring at where she thought the cat was, but she was actually looking a tail length above the molly's head. Twitching her ears, she sat down, wrapping her tail neatly over her paws, trying to figure out why this molly was faintly familiar to her.
Old February 24th, 2017, 02:14 PM

Quote:

Wildpath nodded, parting her jaws and noticing something half familiar about the cat's scent and tilted her head, wondering if she'd perhaps passed this cat at the gathering or something. She wondered if RiverClan cats were always this tense, then shook her head, blinking. “It is.” she replied, fluffing up her pelt so that her ribs didn't show as well through her thin fur, staring at where she thought the cat was, but she was actually looking a tail length above the molly's head. Twitching her ears, she sat down, wrapping her tail neatly over her paws, trying to figure out why this molly was faintly familiar to her.
Mistyfoot noticed the cat sitting down, slightly staring at her. She recognized just a tad of her scent, she must've passed her by the border before, or a gathering, maybe? "Have we met before?" Mistyfoot asked without thinking. "I'm Mistyfoot." she added. She wondered if they actually did meet before, or maybe Mistyfoot just had a weird memory. She gazed at the cat once more, eager to figure out who she was.

[character site]
Old February 24th, 2017, 03:12 PM
questionmark

Quote:
Mistyfoot noticed the cat sitting down, slightly staring at her. She recognized just a tad of her scent, she must've passed her by the border before, or a gathering, maybe? "Have we met before?" Mistyfoot asked without thinking. "I'm Mistyfoot." she added. She wondered if they actually did meet before, or maybe Mistyfoot just had a weird memory. She gazed at the cat once more, eager to figure out who she was.
Wildpath paused, shaking her head slightly. “I don't think so.... Do I seem familiar to you?” she asked, almost holding her tongue as the she-cat introduced herself, and for a moment, her ears flattened in somewhat upset way, then she shook herself, her expression cheerful one again before answering. “Wildpath.” she meowed in a one word introduction, turning her head away, as she'd heard the distant sound of a rabbit disappearing down its warren, and she almost wanted to go find it, but knew that she would never catch it, and besides, she was rather enjoying the moment here, with Mistyfoot.

@Mistyfoot⚜

Last edited by doghouse; March 7th, 2017 at 02:17 PM.
Old February 24th, 2017, 09:43 PM
Fleaffy

My Mood: Bored

@Slash-GNR ) Sparkstone padded near the border, moving silently in the grass as he looked for prey. He paused for a moment, hazel gaze sweeping the vicinity before parting his jaws to smell for prey. There was no scent in the wind however and he continued to move, ginger fur glinting in the sunlight.
I post art and animation here:
Youtube Instagram DeviantArt Twitter