Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > WindClan

Notice
Applications to join the Staff Team close at 11:59 PM EST today. Get them in while you have the chance!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Wrestling your way to...
by Estelle
Last post by Alchemist Kitsune
Today 09:42 PM
ThunderClan Resources
by dino.
Last post by dino.
Today 09:38 PM
The Shadowledge
by BEAR.
Last post by Ian
Today 09:37 PM
open for rps
Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 09:36 PM
nothing's new [p]
Last post by silver.
Today 09:35 PM

Old January 1st, 2024, 11:42 AM
What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Sunset Grove

*-Lichenpaw-*
105/100
she/her || 11moons
small and scruffy calico with one blinding eye

[dice DC: 12]

Alright, they've waited far too long now. If warriors can't be bothered to show up for patrols, then they shouldn't even be warriors. Twilightstar could demote them all the way down to kit for all Lichenpaw cared! It'd make her life easier. Muttering a curse under her breath, the calico got up and stretched before shooting a glance back at the other warriors in the patrol; Icedapple and what's-his-face, she didn't remember and she didn't care enough to ask. They'd likely never speak again after this anyway.

"I'm done waiting," she said to the other two crossly, "come with me or don't, but I'm not getting yelled at for another warrior's incompetence," with a quick lash of her tail, Lichenpaw exits camp and starts heading to Sunset Grove.

She's never hunted here before, only been to gather tansy for the medicine cats, but hunting's more her speed anyway, especially because she can use more than just her eyes and occasionally her nose (look, it's not her fault she doesn't know what every single herb in the whole world smells like!). Hunting, at least, means she can use more than just her one working eye, so it's kinda an upgrade, honestly.

[roll to scent: 18 - success]
Now that they're here, she breaks away from the group - assuming they even followed her - and begins to scout for any prey around. Honestly, she expected it to be a lot harder, but she scents an ermine almost right away. Immediately, Lichenpaw drops into a crouch, signaling with her tail that she's found something and not to follow her if anyone was even behind her (she heard pawsteps, so she assumed yes but she wasn't about to turn around and confirm). She doesn't think she's ever actually hunted ermine before, but they're little things and quite fast too, so Lichenpaw plans to go into this hunt like she's after rabbit - prioritize speed and a good leap.

[roll to catch: 12 - success]
Her strategy payed out, and, with a good leap and a small chase, Lichenpaw managed to get a claw pinning the weasel down so she could swiftly kill it with one well placed bite. Tail curling up proudly, the calico apprentice picked the thing up and found an area to bury it, feeling really good about her catch.

[final bump for Houndear, not mentioning endless after this]
[ @endlesshax // @Fritter // @Swiftheart <3 ]
Old January 1st, 2024, 12:04 PM
What matters is ‘you’

*-Lichenpaw-*
106/100
she/her || 11moons

'Oh, so we're approaching the weird spikey thing, now, are we?' Lichenpaw snarked internally as Bravebird decided to attack the thing. Lichenpaw usually thought of the older warrior as smart but right now... yeah, right now was decidedly not one of those times. And when the porcupine protested the attack, managing to get a hit on Brave's face, Lichenpaw really didn't need to be told twice to get out of there. She clutched her one tansy tighter in her jaw, turned around, and retreated with Bravebird.

[HORRENDOUSLY LATE MY BAD]
[ @talullah // @RavenzzGlow ]
Old January 1st, 2024, 12:44 PM
~The Swift army arrives!~

Bump Policy: anytime
My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyGalaxy View Post

*-Lichenpaw-*
105/100
she/her || 11moons

[dice DC: 12]

Alright, they've waited far too long now. If warriors can't be bothered to show up for patrols, then they shouldn't even be warriors. Twilightstar could demote them all the way down to kit for all Lichenpaw cared! It'd make her life easier. Muttering a curse under her breath, the calico got up and stretched before shooting a glance back at the other warriors in the patrol; Icedapple and what's-his-face, she didn't remember and she didn't care enough to ask. They'd likely never speak again after this anyway.

"I'm done waiting," she said to the other two crossly, "come with me or don't, but I'm not getting yelled at for another warrior's incompetence," with a quick lash of her tail, Lichenpaw exits camp and starts heading to Sunset Grove.

She's never hunted here before, only been to gather tansy for the medicine cats, but hunting's more her speed anyway, especially because she can use more than just her eyes and occasionally her nose (look, it's not her fault she doesn't know what every single herb in the whole world smells like!). Hunting, at least, means she can use more than just her one working eye, so it's kinda an upgrade, honestly.

[roll to scent: 18 - success]
Now that they're here, she breaks away from the group - assuming they even followed her - and begins to scout for any prey around. Honestly, she expected it to be a lot harder, but she scents an ermine almost right away. Immediately, Lichenpaw drops into a crouch, signaling with her tail that she's found something and not to follow her if anyone was even behind her (she heard pawsteps, so she assumed yes but she wasn't about to turn around and confirm). She doesn't think she's ever actually hunted ermine before, but they're little things and quite fast too, so Lichenpaw plans to go into this hunt like she's after rabbit - prioritize speed and a good leap.

Her strategy payed out, and, with a good leap and a small chase, Lichenpaw managed to get a claw pinning the weasel down so she could swiftly kill it with one well placed bite. Tail curling up proudly, the calico apprentice picked the thing up and found an area to bury it, feeling really good about her catch.

[final bump for Houndear, not mentioning endless after this]
[ @endlesshax // @Fritter // @Swiftheart <3 ]
(Dice DC: 10 )

Icedapple padded away off a different trail in Sunset grove, her tail flicking.
[Roll to scent: 17- success]
Icedapple scented the air, expecting not to smell very much but she scented a rabbit. She knew how to corner a rabbit, she sniffed and then crouched down into a hunter’s crouch, plans to leap onto the rabbit and give it a killing bite.
[Roll to catch: 19- sucess]
Icedapple got ready to leap. She leapt and landed on top of the rabbit, pinning it down and giving it the killing bite.
(+1 rabbit)

@Thechaoticdigitalcircus drew a turtle here @Festive Snowyfeathr drew a battleship here. There is a message that says: “Here’s 20 mangos! : D” -@Thankful4seonghwa Vix drew an evil kitty here. A ghost scribbled a emo girl and a bunch of flowers "I will rise 2024" - @_Eclispe_ @~Mothdust~ drew Willowpaw, Mothdust , and Rainpaw playing @blxze drew a rat here /Vm me to be added to the list

My art shop

My characters (WIP)

Last edited by Swiftheart <3; January 1st, 2024 at 12:46 PM.
Old January 1st, 2024, 12:47 PM
The_legendairy_Cowstar

Bump Policy: Any time hehe
My Mood: Blah

Hog Strike
|Windclan warrior| He/Him|
purrks: Beefed up tier 1 - Ultimate predator

Hog Strike gave a nod at the words that the apprentice was done waiting it seemed unfair to have to sit here for ages on end for some warrior. Hog Strike had a moment of hesitation, it seemed reasonable to continue the patrol without them but if they did attend just as the patrol had gone would that be unfair? That hesitation was cut short as he decided that he'd rather follow an apprentice with their head screwed on then wait for a warrior that was too busy to attend a simple patrol. If anything, Lichen Paw was smarter then that warrior already. Hog Strike followed close behind toward Sunset Grove.

Hog Strike strode in at first, then eased into a much more stealthier way of moving, he parted his jaws taking in the scents around him, he could scent a rabbit, vole and the usual scents this area carried along with other distant prey. He focused on one of the scents and crept closer, he wasn't taking any chances with missing prey. At all, he made sure every move was efficient. It wasn't his fault he was worried about fumbling and landing on his face if he leapt. He finally came across a vole, it's musky scent fresh and close. Hog strike took a moment to tense before he sprung out at the vole, killing it. The warmth of it was almost like a savoir from Leafbare's cruelty albeit brief. He perked up with the Vole in his jaws, although he was happy about the catch he wasn't fond of just leaving with a measly vole. Surely he could catch one more thing and help out a little more? Well it wouldn't hurt to do something extra, and if that rabbit he'd scent was still around it'd prove useful to catch it.

(+1 Vole )

Hog strike took a moment to bury the prey carefully, he'll get it after he caught just one more thing. Hog strike eased once more into a more stealthy movement, parting his jaws once more to intake the scents around him, Hog Strike focused on the scents, there was that rabbit again nearby, that'd be a breeze to catch, hopefully, Hog Strike advanced stealthily yet speedily his focus entirely on the sole rabbit. (pun intended ) he once more tensed, every movement was almost entirely instinctual for him. He sprung at the rabbit, and he saw it move, but not quick enough. Hog Strike landed down with a thump trapping the rabbit and biting down to kill it. With the fresh kill in his grip he padded back over to the vole and unburied it, taking that with him as well. Hog strike was more then happy, with a vole and rabbit to bring back and that seemed good enough for him.

(+1 Rabbit )

(Overall: + 1 Rabbit +1 Vole ) - Let me know if there's anything wrong with this post please! - P.S Hogstrike has Ultimate Predator hence the lack of rolls but lemme know if i still need them for scent or anything! <3

(@FrostyGalaxy / @Swiftheart <3 )

Heya! If you’re interested in rping feel free to message me whenever! I’m also lf help with rping better!
All pixel art used is credited here!
Rp tracker/Finder!
My Characters!
Art store: here
Formerly: | The-legendary-cowstar | Spider-Cow
Hello! Sometimes I'll be a little busy or get sick or not have access to my technology/Laptop so my apologies if I forget to reply or do something!

Last edited by Fritter; January 1st, 2024 at 12:48 PM.
Old January 1st, 2024, 05:16 PM
~The Swift army arrives!~

Bump Policy: anytime
My Mood: Queenly

Icedapple padded over to scent if there was any other prey around here.
(Dice DA- 10)
(Roll to scent: 17- success)
Icedapple scented a mouse, a bit rare but Ok, she’d catch it. Well, not RARE, but she just expected another rabbit or something, she didn’t know exactly what she was expecting honestly. She went into hunters crouch and stalked the mouse, getting ready to pounce.
(Roll to catch: 4- fail)
Icedapple overaimed as she pounced. The mouse scurried off. She sighed. Damn it! She thought to herself.
(Roll to scent: 15- success)
Icedapple scented the air and smelled two mice. They seemed to be scurrying along beside each other so if Icedapple timed it right she should be able to catch 1, if not both mice.
(Roll to catch x2 since there are 2 prey. 11- success and 14- success)
Icedapple pounced, trapping one mouse under one paw and the other under her other paw. Then she gave both of them the killing bite.
(+2 mice)
Mentions: @FrostyGalaxy ~ Lichenpaw , @Fritter ~ Hogstrike

@Thechaoticdigitalcircus drew a turtle here @Festive Snowyfeathr drew a battleship here. There is a message that says: “Here’s 20 mangos! : D” -@Thankful4seonghwa Vix drew an evil kitty here. A ghost scribbled a emo girl and a bunch of flowers "I will rise 2024" - @_Eclispe_ @~Mothdust~ drew Willowpaw, Mothdust , and Rainpaw playing @blxze drew a rat here /Vm me to be added to the list

My art shop

My characters (WIP)
Old January 2nd, 2024, 06:34 PM
KITTIES!

My Mood: Inspired

Swiftfire-Warrior-She/Her
Purrk(s): Ultimate Predator

The winds were calm today, though the ground was still frosted over, annoyingly crunching underpaw. Any rabbit within a mile would have heard her, she bet, and that only irritated Swiftfire further.

But not all could be totally dismal, she decided as she looked back at the sandy colored apprentice tagging along. It had been moons since her last pitiful attempt to train her first apprentice, whom had disappeared shortly after she had taken up their training. It had left the tortoiseshell wondering if she had been too harsh, or too boring. She had even saved them from a rat nest they had foolishly bumbled into.

And yet she had failed.

She wasn't going to do that this time. Fortunately, this apprentice was healthy and smart, from what she had observed, and she paused on the edges of the Sunset grove, observing the undergrowth and trees for a moment, letting Hickorypaw catch up. Sometimes she forgot that her long legs could cover more ground than smaller cat. She wasn't around very many these days...

"We're going to start with one of the most important lessons any cat should know," Swiftfire said, turning her pale yellow gaze onto Hickorypaw, trying to gauge her firm but gentle(?) tone and the apprentice's reaction to it. "Hunting is the perfect practice for a young cat. First, we're going to start with your senses." Swiftfire turned back to the grove.

"Stand next to me and close your eyes. I want you to listen and scent, and tell me what you can smell for prey, and where you think it's coming from. If you aren't familiar with the scent, describe it." She sat down and tucked her long, thick tail around her paws. "We'll make it a game. For every correct scent, I'll subtract a day's worth of elder duty. I'll do it myself." She cocked her head to Hickorypaw.

"Sound good?" Would Hickorypaw find this fun? Was it a good idea? Swiftfire tried to keep the uncomfortable thoughts had bay, but the seeds of doubt had been planted long ago. She hated doubt. It was her enemy. She was so sure of herself with just about anything else, but mentoring? Was this her weakness? Her shortcoming?

No. She couldn't think like that. It was dangerous to think like that. Swiftfire fluffed out her pelt to hide her anxiety, grateful for the gust of wind to give her an excuse to.

@Doom

Last edited by Tiabirb; January 2nd, 2024 at 06:46 PM.
Old January 3rd, 2024, 01:33 AM
Nightmare Fuel

Bump Policy: ▸ Constantly

HICKORYPAW
Agatha Kitty + Heightened Perception

Finally . . . freedom. Sweet, sweet, freedom. Hickorypaw lagged behind Swiftfire, golden eyes glued on the winter wonderland surrounding them. This was his first time outside of camp, and frankly, it was nothing like how he expected it to be. Although the wind was lacking today, he still felt the cold bite of leafbare, sending shivers down his spine so intense that he wondered what the point of his pelt was. His whiskers tingled with senses he'd never felt before -- the frozen grass, the crisp air; not to mention the rustling sounds of life all around him. Sensory overload, to put it plainly, but boy oh boy was he loving it (despite his usual lack of expression, his eyes were wide with wonderment). He could stay out here forever.

He didn't realize how much he had dragged behind until the rhythmic crunching of pawsteps came to an abrupt stop. Blinking, Hickorypaw managed to snap back to reality, realizing he was a few tail-lengths away. Ack, she's waiting-

Quickly padding to her side, it wasn't long before she jumped right into today's lesson -- hunting. (She sure doesn't wait, does she?) His ears perked as she explained the rules of today's training, seeming to make somewhat of a game out of it. Wait, did he catch that right? Elder duty will be subtracted for every right answer? He always figured elder duty was for the naughty apprentices, like a measly punishment of some sort. He supposed interracting with elder was horrid or something, based on the way he saw some apprentices act when given elder duty. Odd that she, a busy warrior, would be voluntarily doing elder duties at all. Hmm. "Oookay..." He breathed, shifting his weight awkwardly as she looked down on him. She seemed a little too eager for his responses, making him feel like some experiment. Also, why does she cock her head at him like some curious crow? Maybe he should be more crow-like, too? Crows are very smart, after all.

"I'llllll give it a shot." He eventually replied, shrugging his cluttering thoughts away. He gracefully took a seat beside her and curled his tail tightly around his cold paws, attempting to shield away the cold. Feeling a sense of readiness wash over him, Hickorypaw closed his eyes.

Inhale . . .

[ ACTIVATED PURRKS ; HEIGHTENED PERCEPTION + AGATHA KITTY ]

Exhale . . .

It isn't long before the silence is filled with harmonious birdsong. Wings, fluttering like heartbeats, can be heard from the treetops. The talons scraping above them, little tkk tkk tkks, as one shifts it's tiny feathered frame down nearby branch. "A bird," Hickory whispers, flicking his tail in the direction of it.

The wind is almost vacant, making it nearly impossible for him to catch any scents. His eyes tighten shut as he focuses a little harder. It's . . . vague, but he manages to catch a hint of something warm-smelling. Something similar to the way the fresh-kill pile smells when its really full. He inhales once more, still in zen-mode. He'd never tasted a rabbit, but he knew rabbits were common prey in his homeland, so surely that'd be a good guess. He slowly exhales. "Rrrraaabbit...maybe? If so, it's very faint. Like one hasn't been around for awhile."

He peeks one of his eyes open, side-glancing his mentor. "How am I doing?" He whispers, genuinely curious.

Old January 3rd, 2024, 09:07 AM
KITTIES!

My Mood: Inspired

Swiftfire-Warrior-She/Her
Purrk(s): Ultimate Predator

She could tell he was a tad put off by the elder duty reduction. But even as a warrior Swiftfire herself would tend to the elders of the Clan, bringing them fresh bedding and food. It was a way to serve those who had finished their service to the Clan. It wasn't a punishment unless it was given as a punishment; Usually accompanied by a restriction. There was no shame in showing respect and honor to their elders, and even if Hickorypaw didn't understand it just yet, she would lead by an example.

The last incidents within the Clan had disturbed her greatly. The poisonings, the exile, the cats who had callously screeched for blood...the ones who had the minds of rogues. Was this what WindClan was becoming? A clan with no code? No morals? A clan of rogues?
The thought mortified her. If she had been leader....Cowtuft wouldn't have been exiled. A thorough investigation, the sharpest, keenest cats with sound minds and a respect for life would be chosen. She would have taken her time, demoted Cowtuft to an elder, observed the Clan and taken inventory of every herb and prey item.

But she wasn't the leader. She wasn't even deputy. She had no say in Cowtuft's fate, or the fate of the Rogue-Minded, as she was beginning to call them. The cats who showed their desire to kill for mere pleasure, or satisfaction.
She couldn't remember every cat who had spoken up in that regard, but she was going to try her best to steer Hickorypaw clear of them if she could.

The tortoiseshell and white she-cat kept a casual watch around while Hickorypaw began to taste the air and listen. When he mentioned bird, she turned her head briefly, an ear swiveling to pinpoint the direction. Correct. Another scent was found, and she was surprised that he was unfamiliar with it. Rabbit was one of their most common prey, but perhaps some of the less swift warriors were finding it difficult to keep up with their equally as fast prey of choice.

But not her. Swiftfire tasted the air, drawing the rich, even if faint scent of rabbit over her tongue. She felt a tingle of pleasure at the much welcome scent, and she pulled herself to into a crouch, flattening herself to the ground ever so slowly, her tail bopping his flank to signal for him to follow her lead.

"Very good," She whispurred, "But it's also cold. Scents may linger, but their strength will always be questionable. Listen." She pricked her ears, yellow eyes set forward.

It would take more than a few heartbeats, but eventually, a faint rustling sound would be heard, the crackling of frost, and a rhythmic thum-thump-thum of light-footed paws. Swiftfire could not see it yet, but her nose turned immediately to the left a bit, a smile on her face as she whispered once more.
"You're going to catch your first rabbit today," She gave the apprentice a glance from the corner of her eye. "You stay right here. I'm going to loop around and drive it toward you. When it runs right at you, tackle it and go for the back of the neck." She explained, adding, "Remember, only the fastest warriors can catch a rabbit at full sprint, so this is going to be a team effort. Can I trust you to be ready?"

Swiftfire waited for his response, her gaze serious. He was after all, in the presence of one of WindClan's finest hunters, and among the fastest too, if her name was any giveaway. She knew what she was doing when it came to hunting, her very element. But would he trust her? Could he trust her?

Today, she was going to find out.

@Doom
Old January 4th, 2024, 10:49 AM
What matters is ‘you’

*-Lichenpaw-*
110/100
she/her || 11moons

[DC: 12]

At least the other two members of this patrol had the sense to follow her, and they'd caught a decent amount of prey already, too, enough to make Lichenpaw's single ermine look pathetic. Yeah, she wouldn't be shown up by a couple of no good warriors - especially when she was so close to her own ceremony. Making note of where she buried the ermine, Lichenpaw began to stalk away a little further, mouth open and low to the ground, trying to sniff out some prey.

[roll to scent: 15 - success]
Pretty quickly, she was able to catch the scent of a shrew and, hoping it was nice and fat (or at least not skin and bone), the calico tracked it, weaving through dead, tall grasses and over frozen ground. She was pretty confident in her ability to catch the thing, so, once she had it in her line of sight, the molly creeped ever closer, inch by inch.

[roll to scent: 14 - success]

She was right not to be worried about catching it. In fact, it was the most boring, mundane catch ever that she really had nothing to add to her thoughts about the thing. Deciding she wanted to catch at least one other piece of prey, Lichenpaw quickly buried the little shrew and moved on again, trying to scent something else. It was lucky that all the prey didn't seem to be hiding, because not long after she set out, she quickly scented mouse. It wasn't even that far away, perhaps no more than two fox lengths, and nibbling on some seed on the ground, distracted.

[roll to catch: 3 - fail]
Maybe she'd been too cocky about her skills, too certain she was going to catch it, but the moment she took a step toward the mouse, its ears perked up and it darted into a hole in the ground right next to it. Lichenpaw gave chase, but by the time she drew closer, it was already too far away and she couldn't reach her paw into the little hole to grab for it. Humility is a good trait to have, she has to remind herself, when her tail subconsciously starts flicking angrily. Between the three of them, they have enough prey to bring back, she reminds herself, and takes a deep breath before digging up both her shrew and her ermine.

After some minutes she says to the other two with her, "I think we've got enough between the three of us for now," She wants to call the other two useless, but, well, they'd caught more than her. Still, it's not a competition, even though she really, really wants it to be. She'd have lost, but it would've made this fun. (Seriously, why are these warriors letting her boss them around like she's the patrol lead? Are they trying to inflate her ego?) "Collect your prey, let's head back," with that said, the apprentice picks up her spoils and starts heading toward camp.

[ +1 ermine, +1 shrew]

[i'll have Lichenpaw report back first <33]
[ @Fritter // @Swiftheart <3 ]
Old January 7th, 2024, 09:56 AM
Nightmare Fuel

Bump Policy: ▸ Constantly

HICKORYPAW
Agatha Kitty + Heightened Perception [ Hearing ]

Pride swelled in the young apprentice's chest, curling the crease of his muzzle into a mini smirk. Hickorypaw had dreamt of this moment, many times over, wondering how good he would be at the basic warrior skills -- hunting, tracking, combat, herbology, etcetera; imagining he'd one day be an honorable member of WindClan. Well, if that still meant anything anymore. He was no stranger to the recent incidents, though he preferred to play the fool in order to escape the cruel reality. It's why he was so adamant to get out of camp. Who would want to live in immoral chaos like that? Sure, it was exciting, sometimes, watching arguments and accusations get tossed around like a game of mossball, but the excitement would always eventually die down to exhaustion and a headache. He wasn't quite sure how some cats kept going. He admired Twilightstar's level head during it all, aspiring to be just like her in these types of situations.

As his mentor's voice cut through his thoughts again, Hickorypaw's ears perked once more, opening both eyes now. A thumping caught his attention at the exact moment Swiftfire did, his eyes snapping in the direction of the rabbit -- to the left. "You're going to catch your first rabbit today," Swiftfire murmurs to him, the words oozing like sweet honey into his seashell-pink ear canals. His blood is rushing now. This is the moment he's been waiting for. Adrenaline makes his tail tip twitch, urging him to prematurely leap towards the rabbit, but the weight of his paws hold him back. He must be patient. "Okay," He replies to her offer quietly, licking his chops, "I'm ready."

Last edited by Doom; January 8th, 2024 at 10:03 AM.