May Gathering
by dino.
Last post by chickadee
Today 03:47 PM

Old November 10th, 2018, 10:14 PM
I. Am Checkmate :)

My Mood: Cheerful

Default The Next Step (rp)

. Sigh ups are still open ! To rp sign up here besides we could use and would love a lot more people !

Headmaster
Ozpin - me .
Students
Rowan bruntley - me
Olive troche - me
Wynn Nullings - me
Nicholas Somnusson - me
Yin - @Alicewolfheart
Savannah - @Alicewolfheart
Gracie - @Broken Aquarius
Scarlette - @Black Cat
Ash @Black Cat
Yang- @Hopekitt
Nutella - @Hopekitt

I will start us off with Ozpin giving the landing strategy .

Characters -Claudius ( Rogue )

Last edited by Leucos; November 10th, 2018 at 10:15 PM.
Old November 10th, 2018, 10:34 PM

Default Re: The Next Step (rp)

@Alicewolfheart @Black Cat @Hopekitt @Broken Aquarius
Ozpin was standing near the edge on the cliff that was facing emerald forest but he was actually facing his students while holding his mug with his left hand behind his back ,head up high and eyes narrowed a bit . He cleared his throat "greetings ladies and gentlemen I know you may be confused on to why you are out here today , well , allow me to end that confusion. You are going to have to make it across this Grimm infested forest to retrieve an artifact ,but in doing so you must create your own landing strategy to make sure you won't just plummet to the ground . Oh and side note , the first person you make eye contact with after you land is your team partner for the rest of the entire school year . " he explained before taking a sip and swirling the cup around " now ,any questions before we begin ?" he asked .

Last edited by Leucos; November 10th, 2018 at 10:34 PM.
Old November 11th, 2018, 09:34 AM
An indecisive rat

Ash took a deep breath in. This was her first moment of being a Beacon student. Sure, this was just a way to find everyone’s teams, but still. This was so exciting to her. Compared to how she used to spend her days; pricking her finger all day just to make ends meet. Her armor was cheap and wouldn’t last very long against Grimm. It would be a miracle if it wasn’t ripped to shreds. Luckily her crossbow provided her with the ability to attack from father away. As Ozpin spoke, the reality of what was going on hit her. This was crazy! Her Semblance helped her in almost no way. Especially for her “landing strategy.” No help there. And anyone here could be her partner, and anyone here could be one of her teammates. She looked over to the person next to her. “You nervous?” Usually she wasn’t the type that started up a conversation. However, like the Headmaster said, anyone here could be your teammate, someone you would most likely spend the rest of your days as a hunter or huntress with.

Scarlett tied her hair up in a ponytail as Ozpin spoke. She didn’t want it to get in her eyes when she was doing whatever she was supposed to do in the Emerald Forest. Honestly, she wasn’t paying attention much. All that she heard was something about partners and you had to make up a strategy. Her multi-colored eyes glanced at the large group of trees. She would probably just make a path out of light, which would drain a lot of her Aura, until she found a safe spot cleared of most of the Grimm. Or to a hotspot of the creatures if she felt up for it. Either worked for her. Raising her hand, she spoke “Can you repeat that all?” She asked. Her usual sword was already made and she held to it so tightly that her knuckles turned white. The blade was scorching hot, and the hilt was a moderate temperature.

(New!) Character Site

If I don’t respond within 72 hours, please feel free to message me! Just to warn y’all, my immune system is trash so please check my profile to see if I have said anything about being sick ^ ^ So I don't get too overwhelmed (again), I'm only gonna have cats in Riverclan or as outsiders, so please keep that in mind if you want to rp with me for whatever reason (:

Last edited by Silhouettes; November 11th, 2018 at 10:13 AM.
Old November 11th, 2018, 10:34 AM
wanna play a game?

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Queenly

This is going to be interesting. Yang was intrigued by the fact that she could actually use her semblance for something.. but she wasn't sure she wanted to. Yang shrugged. Eh. The teenager wasn't looking forward to making eye contact with anyone, but she simply waited for someone else to meet her eyes. Apparently, the first person she made eye-contact with would be her partner for the rest of the year. She hoped it wouldn't be Nutella or she would literally run away and never come back. Little brat, she is. Yang tried to take her mind off of her sister and studied everyone around her. There was one girl trying to put her hair into a ponytail, another one talking to someone... she saw Nutella and quickly looked away, not wanting to meet her sister's eyes. She fiddled with her scythe.

Nutella bounced around, looking at everyone. She wanted someone to turn around and look back at her, so they could be her teammate. She hoped it wasn't some boring person, though; she wouldn't be able to handle that. Nutella walked up to a girl putting her hair up, starting a conversation. "Hello! Wanna be my partner?" It wasn't exactly a fair question. If the girl looked back at her, she was Nutella's partner. If she didn't make eye contact, she wouldn't be Nutella's partner. Nutella patiently waited for the girl.
i’m smiling too”

---

Old November 11th, 2018, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
Ash took a deep breath in. This was her first moment of being a Beacon student. Sure, this was just a way to find everyone’s teams, but still. This was so exciting to her. Compared to how she used to spend her days; pricking her finger all day just to make ends meet. Her armor was cheap and wouldn’t last very long against Grimm. It would be a miracle if it wasn’t ripped to shreds. Luckily her crossbow provided her with the ability to attack from father away. As Ozpin spoke, the reality of what was going on hit her. This was crazy! Her Semblance helped her in almost no way. Especially for her “landing strategy.” No help there. And anyone here could be her partner, and anyone here could be one of her teammates. She looked over to the person next to her. “You nervous?” Usually she wasn’t the type that started up a conversation. However, like the Headmaster said, anyone here could be your teammate, someone you would most likely spend the rest of your days as a hunter or huntress with.

Scarlett tied her hair up in a ponytail as Ozpin spoke. She didn’t want it to get in her eyes when she was doing whatever she was supposed to do in the Emerald Forest. Honestly, she wasn’t paying attention much. All that she heard was something about partners and you had to make up a strategy. Her multi-colored eyes glanced at the large group of trees. She would probably just make a path out of light, which would drain a lot of her Aura, until she found a safe spot cleared of most of the Grimm. Or to a hotspot of the creatures if she felt up for it. Either worked for her. Raising her hand, she spoke “Can you repeat that all?” She asked. Her usual sword was already made and she held to it so tightly that her knuckles turned white. The blade was scorching hot, and the hilt was a moderate temperature.
Ozpin spotted scarlettes hand and held back a groan once she asked to repeat ,she reminded him of jaune because of that question .well she's most likely gonna fail....if she doesn't pay attention more. he took another sip and sighed "you are to make a landing strategy after the launch pads your standing on activate and cross this forest to retrieve an artifact . The first person you make eye contact with after you land is your partner for the rest of the entire school year .Understood? " he asked sounding a bit annoyed although he tried not to be , he just didn't like people who don't pay attention .

(Mind?)
Wynn held his cane as he tipped his little cap down with a smirk after hearing all of this , he looked at ash once she asked if he was nervous and he shook his head " not at all.you? " he asked with an eyebrow raised out of curiosity . He chuckled and looked out into the emerald forest with amusement in his eyes now moving a piece of his short white hair out of the way . This sounded exciting for him ,it's been a while since he's gotten a good fight ,the last time was in Atlas in an alley way since some thieves decided that he was a worthy target. Pathetic .

Old November 11th, 2018, 12:10 PM
An indecisive rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopekitt View Post
This is going to be interesting. Yang was intrigued by the fact that she could actually use her semblance for something.. but she wasn't sure she wanted to. Yang shrugged. Eh. The teenager wasn't looking forward to making eye contact with anyone, but she simply waited for someone else to meet her eyes. Apparently, the first person she made eye-contact with would be her partner for the rest of the year. She hoped it wouldn't be Nutella or she would literally run away and never come back. Little brat, she is. Yang tried to take her mind off of her sister and studied everyone around her. There was one girl trying to put her hair into a ponytail, another one talking to someone... she saw Nutella and quickly looked away, not wanting to meet her sister's eyes. She fiddled with her scythe.

Nutella bounced around, looking at everyone. She wanted someone to turn around and look back at her, so they could be her teammate. She hoped it wasn't some boring person, though; she wouldn't be able to handle that. Nutella walked up to a girl putting her hair up, starting a conversation. "Hello! Wanna be my partner?" It wasn't exactly a fair question. If the girl looked back at her, she was Nutella's partner. If she didn't make eye contact, she wouldn't be Nutella's partner. Nutella patiently waited for the girl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutella View Post
Ozpin spotted scarlettes hand and held back a groan once she asked to repeat ,she reminded him of jaune because of that question .well she's most likely gonna fail....if she doesn't pay attention more. he took another sip and sighed "you are to make a landing strategy after the launch pads your standing on activate and cross this forest to retrieve an artifact . The first person you make eye contact with after you land is your partner for the rest of the entire school year .Understood? " he asked sounding a bit annoyed although he tried not to be , he just didn't like people who don't pay attention .

(Mind?)
Wynn held his cane as he tipped his little cap down with a smirk after hearing all of this , he looked at ash once she asked if he was nervous and he shook his head " not at all.you? " he asked with an eyebrow raised out of curiosity . He chuckled and looked out into the emerald forest with amusement in his eyes now moving a piece of his short white hair out of the way . This sounded exciting for him ,it's been a while since he's gotten a good fight ,the last time was in Atlas in an alley way since some thieves decided that he was a worthy target. Pathetic .
(‘Course not))
Ash looked at him like he had three heads. There were so many possibilities that could happen in the forest. You could die, be crippled, anything really. And his reaction was even one of excitement. Or maybe her expression showed one of awe at him. But still, how could anyone shave any feeling other than fear at the ferocious beasts? She shuddered at the idea of what could be down there. She knew that the number of Grimm was casts, too many to count. “Scared out of my wits.” The Faunus replied. Her ears were pinned to her head as she fiddled with the bow and arrow on her wrist. There was a slit where a needle slipped into, needed to unable her Semblance.

(I’m pretty sure we don’t get our partners until we’re in the forest btw)
Scarlett narrowed her eyes at Ozpins annoyed manner. Her whole life, everyone respected her and mostly showed no emotion towards her words. And now the headmaster broke that “streak” before she even got to the school. Sure, some would say that she was entitled and even “spoiled.” But compared to the rest of her family she was practically a sain. Practically. She nodded before away from Ozpin to look at the girl next to her. She looked a little younger than herself, and she could already tell that she was peppy, bubbly, and in short annoying. In other words, the type of “facade” that Scarlett put on for herself. Save the last part. “I don’t think that’s how it works, love.” She tried to get her tone to match the other girls, and chose her words carefully and even slightly slowly.

(New!) Character Site

If I don’t respond within 72 hours, please feel free to message me! Just to warn y’all, my immune system is trash so please check my profile to see if I have said anything about being sick ^ ^ So I don't get too overwhelmed (again), I'm only gonna have cats in Riverclan or as outsiders, so please keep that in mind if you want to rp with me for whatever reason (:
Old November 11th, 2018, 01:33 PM

Quote:
(‘Course not))
Ash looked at him like he had three heads. There were so many possibilities that could happen in the forest. You could die, be crippled, anything really. And his reaction was even one of excitement. Or maybe her expression showed one of awe at him. But still, how could anyone shave any feeling other than fear at the ferocious beasts? She shuddered at the idea of what could be down there. She knew that the number of Grimm was casts, too many to count. “Scared out of my wits.” The Faunus replied. Her ears were pinned to her head as she fiddled with the bow and arrow on her wrist. There was a slit where a needle slipped into, needed to unable her Semblance.

Scarlett narrowed her eyes at Ozpins annoyed manner. Her whole life, everyone respected her and mostly showed no emotion towards her words. And now the headmaster broke that “streak” before she even got to the school. Sure, some would say that she was entitled and even “spoiled.” But compared to the rest of her family she was practically a sain. Practically. She nodded before away from Ozpin to look at the girl next to her. She looked a little younger than herself, and she could already tell that she was peppy, bubbly, and in short annoying. In other words, the type of “facade” that Scarlett put on for herself. Save the last part. “I don’t think that’s how it works, love.” She tried to get her tone to match the other girls, and chose her words carefully and even slightly slowly.
he shook his head a bit "don't let anything know that you are afraid , if you do that means you let it win . " he said as he pulled his left sleeve down . His eyes shined as he grabbed his cane now swinging it like a base ball bat a few times " now , let's crack some heads! " he said in a cheery tone, he looked at ash once his cane was back on the ground once more "Remember we're training to be huntsman and huntresses we show no fear! These beasts shall fear us. What ya say? " Wynn asked now nudging her shoulder .

Old November 11th, 2018, 06:04 PM
wanna play a game?

Quote:
(‘Course not))

"Dangit," Nutella muttered awkwardly. She smiled at Scarlett and slowly backed away, embarrassed. Stupid me, stupid me.. she thought, still faking a smile. She turned around and briskly speed-walked away. Once the girl couldn't see her expression anymore, Nutella grimaced. Welp…. I'm going to die today. NO! I will totally live. Cmon Nutella, HAPPY THOUGHTS! HAPPY THOUGHTS! She fiddled around with her hair and hid behind the nearest person. She didn't exactly know who, but she didn't really care that much. A light breeze made her hair dance in the wind and tickled her ears. She shook her head, trying to put her hair back into place without touching it. Whatever, she thought uncomfortably. She didn't quite like the feeling of having her ears exposed. She wiggled around her tail, like she always did when she was nervous. Nutella mentally gave herself a pep-talk, trying to give herself more confidence than she already had; which took a lot of hard work, considering the amount of confidence she had already in which she was struggling to summon. Nutella closed her eyes, took a few deep breaths, and told herself to stop being such a butthead or she would probably get herself killed within a couple of minutes.

Yang smiled to herself as she watched Nutella embarrass herself in front of a random girl. It amused her to see her sister actually fail for once, always being so good at everything she tried. "In your face, brat." she whispered to herself, glaring at Nutella even though her sister probably didn't notice her. Yang proceeded to turn and look at the rest of the people, seeing a boy talking with the girl Nutella had been talking to a few moments ago. "ooOOoOo," she said, mentally visualizing the two as a couple. It wasn't that hard to do, as Yang heard their conversation and saw how the boy was trying to comfort the girl he was talking to. She didn't want to barge in and ruin the conversation, but she wanted to know why the boy cared so much and why the girl was so nervous. Not that it's any of my business. Yang herself knew she was nosey, but she couldn't help butting in to other people's business. The teenager always wanted to know what was going on, even if once she found out she regretted it. She just couldn't help herself. Yang was trying to make herself less nosey, but it was hard fighting against your own nature. Yang turned the handle of her scythe in her hand, running her index finger on her other hand along the sharp edges of her weapon. It drew a small droplet of blood. Yang noticed, but didn't care. It was just her blood. Yang held the scythe in place by putting her hands over it and placing her head on top of her hands. She subconsciously fiddled with her hair, unknowing of what to do until they started doing whatever they were going to do. Her eyes glinted with an expression of boredom. Why's everything in life so boring? she thought, glancing around at the two people she envisioned as a future couple.
i’m smiling too”

---

Old November 11th, 2018, 07:21 PM
An indecisive rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutella View Post
he shook his head a bit "don't let anything know that you are afraid , if you do that means you let it win . " he said as he pulled his left sleeve down . His eyes shined as he grabbed his cane now swinging it like a base ball bat a few times " now , let's crack some heads! " he said in a cheery tone, he looked at ash once his cane was back on the ground once more "Remember we're training to be huntsman and huntresses we show no fear! These beasts shall fear us. What ya say? " Wynn asked now nudging her shoulder .
@Nutella
Ash nodded at his words. Her mother once told her that Grimm could see you through negative emotions. She wasn’t entirely sure if it was true, since her mother not herself have ever seen one. That’s probably why she was so unearthly terrified. Or maybe she was just being a wuss. ”Ya, I guess so.” She wasn’t so fond of the idea of being “feared”, even if it was a joke. “So, what’s your Semblance?” The idea still fascinated her, even five years after discovering her father own. It was like dust; but it was unique to you alone, and was completely free. Unfortunately, hers only worked on others and not herself. Though she did have a faster healing rate than others. Though that rarely, if ever, was useful during a mission.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopekitt View Post
"Dangit," Nutella muttered awkwardly. She smiled at Scarlett and slowly backed away, embarrassed. Stupid me, stupid me.. she thought, still faking a smile. She turned around and briskly speed-walked away. Once the girl couldn't see her expression anymore, Nutella grimaced. Welp…. I'm going to die today. NO! I will totally live. Cmon Nutella, HAPPY THOUGHTS! HAPPY THOUGHTS! She fiddled around with her hair and hid behind the nearest person. She didn't exactly know who, but she didn't really care that much. A light breeze made her hair dance in the wind and tickled her ears. She shook her head, trying to put her hair back into place without touching it. Whatever, she thought uncomfortably. She didn't quite like the feeling of having her ears exposed. She wiggled around her tail, like she always did when she was nervous. Nutella mentally gave herself a pep-talk, trying to give herself more confidence than she already had; which took a lot of hard work, considering the amount of confidence she had already in which she was struggling to summon. Nutella closed her eyes, took a few deep breaths, and told herself to stop being such a butthead or she would probably get herself killed within a couple of minutes.

Yang smiled to herself as she watched Nutella embarrass herself in front of a random girl. It amused her to see her sister actually fail for once, always being so good at everything she tried. "In your face, brat." she whispered to herself, glaring at Nutella even though her sister probably didn't notice her. Yang proceeded to turn and look at the rest of the people, seeing a boy talking with the girl Nutella had been talking to a few moments ago. "ooOOoOo," she said, mentally visualizing the two as a couple. It wasn't that hard to do, as Yang heard their conversation and saw how the boy was trying to comfort the girl he was talking to. She didn't want to barge in and ruin the conversation, but she wanted to know why the boy cared so much and why the girl was so nervous. Not that it's any of my business. Yang herself knew she was nosey, but she couldn't help butting in to other people's business. The teenager always wanted to know what was going on, even if once she found out she regretted it. She just couldn't help herself. Yang was trying to make herself less nosey, but it was hard fighting against your own nature. Yang turned the handle of her scythe in her hand, running her index finger on her other hand along the sharp edges of her weapon. It drew a small droplet of blood. Yang noticed, but didn't care. It was just her blood. Yang held the scythe in place by putting her hands over it and placing her head on top of her hands. She subconsciously fiddled with her hair, unknowing of what to do until they started doing whatever they were going to do. Her eyes glinted with an expression of boredom. Why's everything in life so boring? she thought, glancing around at the two people she envisioned as a future couple.
(Sorry it’s so short!)
Scarlett couldn’t conceal the small smirk that played on her face at the once-cheerful girl. She even made an effort to be friendly. And then she just walked away. Rude. As she watched her, the reason dawned on her. She was embarrassed. But why? She, herself, wasn’t even paying attention to a word Ozpin was saying. And she just misunderstand something. “You ok?” She asked. There was a hint of genuine concern in her voice. Scarlett even stepped up a few steps after her. She glanced at the black-haired Faunus whose eyes were trained on the other girl.

(New!) Character Site

Last edited by Silhouettes; November 12th, 2018 at 04:13 PM.
Old November 11th, 2018, 07:54 PM
wanna play a game?

Quote:
Ash nodded at his words. Her mother once told her that Grimm could see you through negative emotions. She wasn’t entirely sure if it was true, since her mother not herself have ever seen one. That’s probably why she was so unearthly terrified. Or maybe she was just being a wuss. ”Ya, I guess so.” She wasn’t so fond of the idea of being “feared”, even if it was a joke. “So, what’s your Semblance?” The idea still fascinated her, even five years after discovering her father own. It was like dust; but it was unique to you alone, and was completely free. Unfortunately, hers only worked on others and not herself. Though she did have a faster healing rate than others. Though that rarely, if ever, was useful during a mission.

(Sorry it’s so short!)
Scarlett couldn’t conceal the small smirk that played on her face at the once-cheerful girl. She even made an effort to be friendly. And then she just walked away. Rude. As she watched her, the reason dawned on her. She was embarrassed. But why? She, herself, wasn’t even paying attention to a word Ozpin was saying. And she just misunderstand something. “You ok?” She asked. There was a hint of genuine concern in her voice. Scarlett even stepped up a few steps after her. She glanced at the black-haired Faunus whose eyes were trained on the other girl.
( its fine <3 )

Nutella stared at the girl talking to her. Actually, she wasn't quite sure if the girl was talking to her. Usually people didn't ask her about how she was feeling; it was usually easy to tell her emotions since she flaunted obvious expressions on her face most times. She gave the girl a quick smile and replied with an unsteady, "Sure I'm alrighttt..." Trying to make herself feel less awkward and more welcoming to the conversation, she made some small talk. "So.. how are you? And what's your name? I'm Nutella." She grinned at the girl and wiggled her tail, hoping she wasn't coming off as annoying. She felt an ache in her heart and tried to think of ways she could make this girl happy. Nutella wanted some approval, yet she didn't quite know how to get it in this situation. Her eyes flashed with an emotion resembling curiosity as she waited for the girl's reply and tried to receive any acceptance to fill the ache in her heart. Dumb heart, she thought, looking at the girl with a light-hearted smirk, a strand of her hair tangled around her finger.
i’m smiling too”

---