Today 04:17 PM

Old June 6th, 2022, 10:59 PM

My Mood: Aggressive
Default Re: ShadowClan Medicine Cat's Den

Poisonpetal waddled into the den, bleeding

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt7bzxurJ1I
Old June 9th, 2022, 08:30 PM
canonically the 51%

Bump Policy: three days. 24 hours for time sensitive ones.
My Mood: Pensive

Mistkit hobbled into the den, her hind leg screeching with pain. She had woken up that morning with her leg stiff in the splint, and the pressure of it make she want to scream. She wasn't sure if it was swelling or just the adrenaline, but she didn't want to risk anything.

"Elmshadow?" she mewed cautiously.

@Ravensong

" nothing you can take was ever worth keeping. "
Old June 10th, 2022, 12:01 AM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonely.lilyx View Post
Mistkit hobbled into the den, her hind leg screeching with pain. She had woken up that morning with her leg stiff in the splint, and the pressure of it make she want to scream. She wasn't sure if it was swelling or just the adrenaline, but she didn't want to risk anything.

"Elmshadow?" she mewed cautiously.

@Ravensong

**Elmshadow**
@TheNyanCatMinecart

The medicine cat finished organizing the herbs that had been brought in by the patrols, still reeling over Owlfeather’s disappearance and keeping in his mind that he hadn’t seen Sootpaw come in with Ivysnake and Spiritfire. The patrols had been completed and the stores were about as full as he could hope for with his limited knowledge so punishing the two no-shows felt extraneous; he had more important matters to deal with in focusing on his studies but he decided to keep their names in mind for future patrols.

He turned on hearing Mistkit’s voice. He’d been thinking about the kit and how her leg had faired since putting the splint on the day before. He was glad the kit had come to him rather than him having to track her down, though a kit listening to instructions made him concerned that something else had actually brought her in. He walked up to the kit, looking her over. The splint was intact but the discomfort wasn’t masked on the kit’s face and posture. He stepped aside to let the kit walk herself to a nest before asking, “How’s it feeling?” Before he got into unwrapping the kit’s bandages, he looked up for Ivysnake. Now that he’d gotten the kit to this point he figured it’d be interesting for the apprentice to learn with him all of the steps and short-term outcomes for a broken leg and open wound injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowBlows12 View Post
Poisonpetal waddled into the den, bleeding

**Elmshadow**
@/TheNyanCatMinecart

The dark medicine cat's eyes narrowed as he watched Poisonpetal step up to his den as he was crossing the clearing. Apparently all of the warriors just believed he hung out in his den waiting on their every need. He slipped into the den around her, giving her a once over as he passed her. She was covered in blood but he couldn't tell where it was coming from or to what extent it was affecting her. He hurried over to his stock of herbs, knowing he'd need cobwebs and considering attempting using the mushrooms. "Ivysnake!" He wasn't sure what he'd need but the extra set of paws surely wouldn't go to waste. In a quick decision, he decided to leave the mushrooms, not wanting to go too overboard with his treatments if it was more blood than it seemed on first glance; he couldn't be using the mushrooms every time a cat walked in with blood on them. As he walked back, he ushered Poisonpetal into the den. "Tell me what happened. Start grooming yourself, if you can." Setting the wad of cobwebs nearby, Elmshadow knelt beside her to begin checking her over to smell for any signs of infection and to find the source of the bleeding.
[ -2 cobwebs ]

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing

Last edited by Pitou; June 20th, 2022 at 09:10 PM.
Old June 10th, 2022, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensong View Post

**Elmshadow**
@TheNyanCatMinecart

The medicine cat finished organizing the herbs that had been brought in by the patrols, still reeling over Owlfeather’s disappearance and keeping in his mind that he hadn’t seen Sootpaw come in with Ivysnake and Spiritfire. The patrols had been completed and the stores were about as full as he could hope for with his limited knowledge so punishing the two no-shows felt extraneous; he had more important matters to deal with in focusing on his studies but he decided to keep their names in mind for future patrols.

He turned on hearing Mistkit’s voice. He’d been thinking about the kit and how her leg had faired since putting the splint on the day before. He was glad the kit had come to him rather than him having to track her down, though a kit listening to instructions made him concerned that something else had actually brought her in. He walked up to the kit, looking her over. The splint was intact but the discomfort wasn’t masked on the kit’s face and posture. He stepped aside to let the kit walk herself to a nest before asking, “How’s it feeling?” Before he got into unwrapping the kit’s bandages, he looked up for Ivysnake. Now that he’d gotten the kit to this point he figured it’d be interesting for the apprentice to learn with him all of the steps and short-term outcomes for a broken leg and open wound injury.

**Elmshadow**
@/TheNyanCatMinecart

The dark medicine cat's eyes narrowed as he watched Poisonpetal step up to his den as he was crossing the clearing. Apparently all of the warriors just believed he hung out in his den waiting on their every need. He slipped into the den around her, giving her a once over as he passed her. She was covered in blood but he couldn't tell where it was coming from or to what extent it was affecting her. He hurried over to his stock of herbs, knowing he'd need cobwebs and considering attempting using the mushrooms. "Ivysnake!" He wasn't sure what he'd need but the extra set of paws surely wouldn't go to waste. In a quick decision, he decided to leave the mushrooms, not wanting to go too overboard with his treatments if it was more blood than it seemed on first glance; he couldn't be using the mushrooms every time a cat walked in with blood on them. As he walked back, he ushered Poisonpetal into the den. "Tell me what happened. Start grooming yourself, if you can." Setting the wad of cobwebs nearby, Elmshadow knelt beside her to begin checking her over to smell for any signs of infection and to find the source of the bleeding.
"I-." She choked on her words,blood dropping off her fur.

Old June 10th, 2022, 04:41 PM
canonically the 51%

Quote:

**Elmshadow**
@TheNyanCatMinecart

**Elmshadow**
@/TheNyanCatMinecart

She grimaced. "It feels awful. The splint feels a lot tighter than yesterday too."

Old June 11th, 2022, 06:32 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Dreaming

~ IVYSNAKE OF SHADOWCLAN ~

Ivysnake leaned forward curiously at the sound of tiny, limping pawsteps. It didn't take long for a familiar gray-blue shape to appear, with one leg wrapped in a splint. Mistkit. Ivysnake remembered the kit from yesterday, when she'd injured her leg, and Elmshadow had treated it. Ivysnake padded up to Elmshadow, scanning the kit with her sharp amber gaze. Then she turned to Elmshadow, who was already looking the kit over, and asking how the leg felt. Ivysnake pricked her ears at the kit's response. Tighter splint... Due to the kit sleeping on it, she'd expected the splint to feel looser, not tighter. What might cause that to be the case? "Hmm." Her gaze settled on the leg, which was difficult to see through the splint, but something about it seemed off. "I think that the splint is tighter either because of how the leg is wounded, or because it's swollen. I'm still learning about wounds, but I think that if something gets bad, it'll swell up." She glanced at Elmshadow for confirmation. The medicine cat was older than her, and had seen many more wounds, so he'd definitely be better at determining this than her. He was her mentor, anyway, and it was Ivysnake's responsibility to learn alongside him with this new responsibility.

@Ravensong @lonely.lilyx

Ivysnake was out in the clearing, giving her pelt a quick grooming. She spent plenty of time in the medicine cats' den, but she didn't always stay in there. There were other duties she had. It was just that she had to focus more on her medicine cat ones. Ivysnake cleaned some mud off her paws, then gave her pelt a once-over. She wasn't obsessed with how she looked or anything like that, but she liked keeping her pelt sleek. It was short and not difficult to manage, but it was also very thick and dense, which required more thorough grooming. Right now, she was just finishing up on cleaning herself after having walked through a particularly muddy portion of the territory.

Suddenly, her name was called. Ivysnake's dark brown ears pricked, angling toward the medicine cats' den, and she rose to her paws. Elmshadow had called her, which meant that he needed her help with a patient. Ivysnake rushed forward, and in less than a second, she was inside the medicine cats' den. The problem didn't take long to present itself. A warrior, Poisonpetal, was in there, and she was covered in blood. It was difficult to make out her calico pelt under the thick coat of dark red. Ivysnake tried to resist rolling her eyes at the other she-cat. She remembered her clearly from the last meeting, where she'd complained about not getting the Enforcer role. I'll treat her, since it's my job. But if she wants any comforting or sympathy, well, she's not getting it. Especially not from me. It was good riddance, but ShadowClan needed warriors. Better warriors, not whiny cats like Poisonpetal, but they still needed some extra paws. There's no place for whiny, pathetic slackers, though.

Whatever. Now was not the time to think of this. Ivysnake had to treat Poisonpetal, no matter how annoying and frog-brained she was. The black-striped she-cat noticed that Elmshadow already had some cobwebs, and was demanding to know what happened, as well as telling the warrior to groom herself. Poisonpetal gave a minimal response, choking out one letter before stopping. Trying not to roll her eyes, Ivysnake hurried over to the herb stores. "Ebonyfang said that marigold was good for infection, and to help heal wounds," she called, not looking back. She grabbed a couple of the flowers, then came back. "Just in case. We need to know how bad it is first, but if she's bleeding that badly, then we'll probably need it," she told Elmshadow through the two brightly-colored flowers she'd grabbed.

@WillowBlows12 @/Ravensong (I'm not subtracting the two marigold flowers since they haven't been used yet! She's just holding them just in case they're needed.)

THUNDERCLAN BERRYKIT FINDER!!!

New and Improved Character Bios!

Last edited by TheNyanCatMinecart; June 11th, 2022 at 06:34 PM.
Old June 11th, 2022, 08:29 PM
canonically the 51%

Ivysnake leaned forward curiously at the sound of tiny, limping pawsteps. It didn't take long for a familiar gray-blue shape to appear, with one leg wrapped in a splint. Mistkit. Ivysnake remembered the kit from yesterday, when she'd injured her leg, and Elmshadow had treated it. Ivysnake padded up to Elmshadow, scanning the kit with her sharp amber gaze. Then she turned to Elmshadow, who was already looking the kit over, and asking how the leg felt. Ivysnake pricked her ears at the kit's response. Tighter splint... Due to the kit sleeping on it, she'd expected the splint to feel looser, not tighter. What might cause that to be the case? "Hmm." Her gaze settled on the leg, which was difficult to see through the splint, but something about it seemed off. "I think that the splint is tighter either because of how the leg is wounded, or because it's swollen. I'm still learning about wounds, but I think that if something gets bad, it'll swell up." She glanced at Elmshadow for confirmation. The medicine cat was older than her, and had seen many more wounds, so he'd definitely be better at determining this than her. He was her mentor, anyway, and it was Ivysnake's responsibility to learn alongside him with this new responsibility.

@Ravensong @lonely.lilyx

She squeaked. "Did- did I do something wrong? Was there a specific position I was supposed to sleep in, or-" Panic bubbled up inside of her.

@TheNyanCatMinecart

Old June 12th, 2022, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNyanCatMinecart View Post

@Ravensong @lonely.lilyx

Ivysnake was out in the clearing, giving her pelt a quick grooming. She spent plenty of time in the medicine cats' den, but she didn't always stay in there. There were other duties she had. It was just that she had to focus more on her medicine cat ones. Ivysnake cleaned some mud off her paws, then gave her pelt a once-over. She wasn't obsessed with how she looked or anything like that, but she liked keeping her pelt sleek. It was short and not difficult to manage, but it was also very thick and dense, which required more thorough grooming. Right now, she was just finishing up on cleaning herself after having walked through a particularly muddy portion of the territory.

Suddenly, her name was called. Ivysnake's dark brown ears pricked, angling toward the medicine cats' den, and she rose to her paws. Elmshadow had called her, which meant that he needed her help with a patient. Ivysnake rushed forward, and in less than a second, she was inside the medicine cats' den. The problem didn't take long to present itself. A warrior, Poisonpetal, was in there, and she was covered in blood. It was difficult to make out her calico pelt under the thick coat of dark red. Ivysnake tried to resist rolling her eyes at the other she-cat. She remembered her clearly from the last meeting, where she'd complained about not getting the Enforcer role. I'll treat her, since it's my job. But if she wants any comforting or sympathy, well, she's not getting it. Especially not from me. It was good riddance, but ShadowClan needed warriors. Better warriors, not whiny cats like Poisonpetal, but they still needed some extra paws. There's no place for whiny, pathetic slackers, though.

Whatever. Now was not the time to think of this. Ivysnake had to treat Poisonpetal, no matter how annoying and frog-brained she was. The black-striped she-cat noticed that Elmshadow already had some cobwebs, and was demanding to know what happened, as well as telling the warrior to groom herself. Poisonpetal gave a minimal response, choking out one letter before stopping. Trying not to roll her eyes, Ivysnake hurried over to the herb stores. "Ebonyfang said that marigold was good for infection, and to help heal wounds," she called, not looking back. She grabbed a couple of the flowers, then came back. "Just in case. We need to know how bad it is first, but if she's bleeding that badly, then we'll probably need it," she told Elmshadow through the two brightly-colored flowers she'd grabbed.

@WillowBlows12 @/Ravensong (I'm not subtracting the two marigold flowers since they haven't been used yet! She's just holding them just in case they're needed.)
Poisonpetal quickly slumped to the floor of the den, unconscious (starting her death now)

Old June 12th, 2022, 12:07 PM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive

**Elmshadow**
@lonely.lilyx @TheNyanCatMinecart

The dark tom cocked his head, suddenly more intrigued by the kit's apperance back in his den. The splint feels tighter... He hadn't put any marigold on the day before and the wound was caused by a badger bite so the beginning of an infection crossed his mind but then tighter... Elmshadow's green eyes broke away from the injured grey she-kit as Ivysnake spoke up. He nodded, switching his gaze back to Mistkit. He'd never before paid attention to when or how swelling occurred but it made some sense.

Stepping towards the kit, Elmshadow held his paw out to demand the leg, waiting for her to shift enough so he could gently pull the hind leg out away from the nest. He followed Coldamber's instruction as he slowly unwrapped the cobweb layers one-by-one. As he uncovered the stick, he noticed the layers of cobwebs between the stick and Mistkit's leg had expanded. He sighed and unwrapped the rest of the layers. The leg was indeed larger than the other hind leg. "Swelling. It can happen after the point of injury then so it needs to be taken into account when wrapping, particularly splinting. The cobwebs have some give to them but the stick does not." For future he realized wrapping a bone injury and waiting a day to rewrap it with the stick would likely turn out better. He looked to Mistkit, "No, you didn't do anything wrong. You did well coming in here when you noticed it hurting. We'll get it fixed up now."

He leaned into the wound and sniffed it. He wasn't sure if there was any infection started but he'd stay by his earlier decision. Without looking to Ivysnake, he instructed, "Grab half of a poppy seed and a marigold, and some more cobwebs, we'll use this same stick. That should take care of the pain and any infection that may start and we'll try putting the splint back together. I don't see it swelling any more so it should hopefully stay this time." He got to work grooming the injured leg once more so clean out anything that may have worked itself out since yesterday.

**Elmshadow**
@WillowBlows12

Nothing to go off but a bloodied she-cat who'd barely managed to even drag herself in, Elmshadow groaned lightly but ran his paws over Poisonpetal's flanks. The coating of blood made her pelt slick and Elmshadow's paws slid around without much consequence. Irritation flooded him and he had an urge to throw the whole warrior into a river somewhere to get rid of the blood. He needed to get pressure on the wounds but putting pressure in the wrong place could make the wounds worse. He shook his head as Ivysnake came into the den. "We first need to know where it's coming from." As he looked to Poisonpetal, she slumped down, falling into unconsciousness. He wasn't sure he was too disappointed in that progression. She wasn't much help conscious so at least now she wouldn't move. He grabbed wads of cobwebs and began patting them over her pelt to sop up the blood. Without looking away from his work, he meowed to Ivysnake, "Keep those close but I don't want to waste them if there's no source of active bleeding to staunch. She's seemingly lost a lot of blood already so it could be too late, regardless of what we do. Grab some moss and start trying to clean away the blood. Maybe we'll be able to find something."

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old June 12th, 2022, 12:14 PM
canonically the 51%

Quote:
**Elmshadow**
@lonely.lilyx @TheNyanCatMinecart

The dark tom cocked his head, suddenly more intrigued by the kit's apperance back in his den. The splint feels tighter... He hadn't put any marigold on the day before and the wound was caused by a badger bite so the beginning of an infection crossed his mind but then tighter... Elmshadow's green eyes broke away from the injured grey she-kit as Ivysnake spoke up. He nodded, switching his gaze back to Mistkit. He'd never before paid attention to when or how swelling occurred but it made some sense.

Stepping towards the kit, Elmshadow held his paw out to demand the leg, waiting for her to shift enough so he could gently pull the hind leg out away from the nest. He followed Coldamber's instruction as he slowly unwrapped the cobweb layers one-by-one. As he uncovered the stick, he noticed the layers of cobwebs between the stick and Mistkit's leg had expanded. He sighed and unwrapped the rest of the layers. The leg was indeed larger than the other hind leg. "Swelling. It can happen after the point of injury then so it needs to be taken into account when wrapping, particularly splinting. The cobwebs have some give to them but the stick does not." For future he realized wrapping a bone injury and waiting a day to rewrap it with the stick would likely turn out better. He looked to Mistkit, "No, you didn't do anything wrong. You did well coming in here when you noticed it hurting. We'll get it fixed up now."

He leaned into the wound and sniffed it. He wasn't sure if there was any infection started but he'd stay by his earlier decision. Without looking to Ivysnake, he instructed, "Grab half of a poppy seed and a marigold, and some more cobwebs, we'll use this same stick. That should take care of the pain and any infection that may start and we'll try putting the splint back together. I don't see it swelling any more so it should hopefully stay this time." He got to work grooming the injured leg once more so clean out anything that may have worked itself out since yesterday.

**Elmshadow**
@WillowBlows12

Nothing to go off but a bloodied she-cat who'd barely managed to even drag herself in, Elmshadow groaned lightly but ran his paws over Poisonpetal's flanks. The coating of blood made her pelt slick and Elmshadow's paws slid around without much consequence. Irritation flooded him and he had an urge to throw the whole warrior into a river somewhere to get rid of the blood. He needed to get pressure on the wounds but putting pressure in the wrong place could make the wounds worse. He shook his head as Ivysnake came into the den. "We first need to know where it's coming from." As he looked to Poisonpetal, she slumped down, falling into unconsciousness. He wasn't sure he was too disappointed in that progression. She wasn't much help conscious so at least now she wouldn't move. He grabbed wads of cobwebs and began patting them over her pelt to sop up the blood. Without looking away from his work, he meowed to Ivysnake, "Keep those close but I don't want to waste them if there's no source of active bleeding to staunch. She's seemingly lost a lot of blood already so it could be too late, regardless of what we do. Grab some moss and start trying to clean away the blood. Maybe we'll be able to find something."

Huh. She'd done something right? She flinched, feeling the tom groom her leg, staying as still as possible.

Last edited by sol.; June 12th, 2022 at 12:15 PM.