Old March 2nd, 2024, 08:02 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: ShadowClan Leader's Den

Fogkit

shadowclan/riverclan kit | he/him | 7 moons | albino
purrks; kitty softpaws (inactive)
tags; @Undertaker [Dawnstar]

Fogkit listens, and to be honest he feels a bit dumb. He was quite conflicted at the gathering. But since he’s decided Tulipkit would also have a better time here. He isn’t going to go back so they can be miserable together. No, Fogkit will save his sister. Until then he has to get stronger.

”I’m big enough to be an apprentice?” The thought catches him off guard. The rest of Shadowclan is so big he forgot he isn’t quite a kit anymore. Fogkit supposes he isn’t. And Riverclan will not think he’s a kit. Even if he has to make them. And even if he’s not sure how to do that exactly.

”…Yeah… Yeah you’re right.” Fogkit nods. The confirmation that the leader trusts him makes him relax, despite being in front of the scariest cat he’s ever seen. The little white kit pauses and tries to smile, hoping Dawnstar will be kind. Will she be fine with smiling? There’s really only one way to find out.

Old March 2nd, 2024, 09:13 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Silverlark |
Shadow Fiend - Inactive | Just a Scratch - Inactive | Beefed Up [Tier 3] - Inactive

Despite having just come back from a back to back double set of patrols, Silverlark entered the den with an energetic feel about him. True, he had been emotionally drained in his outing with the medicine cats, but the young enforcer had never been one to let himself stay down for long. He'd lost too many cats. If he let himself stop moving every time he felt down, he would never get up again. And he... couldn't afford to do that. He had promised, yeah? His mum. That he was going to be the best damn warrior he could be. There was no time to wallow in self pity and what ifs when there was work to be done. Work that... surprisingly, seemed to have solved itself for once? He'd let the leader decide for herself with his report... along with maybe giving one extra patrol of the area, just to make sure.

"Yo! So! So. Gots good news, and bad news, yeah? Bad news is... we might not be ables to gets you no more lynx furs. I'll look around for a nice badger or fox to make up for it though, yep," he chortled, amused at his own joke before his countenance turned serious. Focused on his report.

"Good news? I thinks thems lynxes? Gone. Went out today, yeah? Two sets of patrols. Different cats. And at first, couldn't make sense of it. Didn't notice it much. Was alert for the scent of lynx, because thems beasties? Big fellars. Not good to be caught off guard, ya dig? Course ya digs. Yer Dawnstar!" he chirped, rolling his eyes at his own moss headedness at that moment. If someone understood how dangerous these creatures were, it was the leader!

"Was gonna use the time, yeah? Had to go out with the medicine cats. Get some herbs. Was gonna ask about Lynxshade's plan with them deathberries. Had to make sure the medics were in on it and thought it was safe, mmmhmm. Was being extra extra careful there, too. I knows the head healer was an enforcers and all, but she's too important to lose to a bunch of lynx. Had to make sure. But realized that I wasn't scenting them. Not as strongly, ya dig? Some scent there but... like it's fading? Hard to tell on the way back. Had twigs and stuff on my mouth. Scents all muddled. Planning on heading back. Making sure sure. But if I had to guess... Them lynxes? They ain't round ShadowClan no more."

@Undertaker [Dawnstar]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old March 4th, 2024, 10:40 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Warf View Post
The stench of blood proceeded Sharpfrost as she pranced into camp, her trophies of her crusade hanging from her jaws. She strolled over to her glorious leader's den before plopping her catches down and calling out. "Oh Great Dawnstar!~ I've got gifts for you!~" She said in a sing-songy voice, hoping her glorious leader was in a happy mood, as bothering her while angry might get Sharpfrost a narly facial scar, though now that she thought about it, She would be quite honored to sport the physical evidence of her leader's greatness on her.

(Yeah, she's totally not infatuated with Dawn's power or anything....

Also about her "Gifts", she got them when cats were still allowed to cross into thunder territory, so would you be ok with her not getting into trouble rn?)
@Undertaker

Ugh, someone was too happy? Why and how to make it stop! The enormous, ever in a foul mood, got up and stretched out her powerful body. She made her way over to the mouth of her den and narrowed her eyes at the bloody stretch that filled the air. Her amber glare found Sharpfrost. The young she-cat's infatuation with her was both annoying and at times entertaining. Although Dawnstar knew that it was more the power she held over the molly herself, everyone started paying more heed to her after she became leader.

"You reek of blood, I'm surprised you didn't get attacked on your way here." Dawnstar replied while eyeing the she-cat's so-called gifts. "What do you have?" It wasn't in her to turn away a gift, and it's been a little since anything was brought to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewolfers View Post
NightWolf entered and bowed his head to her, I'm here to report on Poppypaw, we had an incident today that I hope does not escalate, I took Poppypaw out today to the whispering wetlands border by windclan, all was good at first, until we reached the border, Poppypaw panicked at all the new scents but upon learning that windclan cat scents are normal atvthe border, her panic turned into excitement... and recklessness, she jumped over the border into windclan territory, even as i pinned her down and ordered her back, she squirmed away from me and continued to enter windclan territory

It was then that a hawk took hold of her, she struggled against its talons as it carried her and it ended up dropping her from a pretty good height, I drove the hawk away and Poppypaw is now in the medicine cats den, I have yet to know how she is doing, there is no doubt that she was bleeding on windclans side of the border, it seems we werent seen at the time since we were not confronted, that is my report," he says steadily

Wonderful, another troublesome paw. Or at least that's what Nightwolf made it sound like at first. As he dove deeper into his tale, Dawnstar found confusion mixed with ire jumping around in her chest. She couldn't tell if Poppypaw was just dumb or if there was genuinely something wrong with her head. This was the first time she's heard of anyone acting this wild.

"Reckless actions have consequences. I doubt WindClan will make too much of a fuss about scenting ShadowClan over their borders, but I'll deal with it if it comes up regardless. As for Poppypaw, perhaps a few more moons in the nursery are needed and some camp confinement. It seems she needs some lessons on how to control herself, her inability to listen to her mentor, and her reckless I will not tolerate. She's lucky it was WindClan's border that she crossed, I would not be so merciful if I got dung back from ThunderClan or RiverClan about this." A certain level of maturity was needed to become an apprentice, if Poppypaw couldn't show that then she could enjoy spending moons nursery until she did, or Dawnstar would exile her, one or the other.

"What do you think?" She asked Nightwolf, willing to listen if he thought otherwise. There was only so much stupidity Dawnstar was willing to allow within the clan.

@Undertaker[/QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
She/Her | Purrks Overlook

Lostspark's steps were quiet but burdened as she made her way to the entrance of Dawnstar's den, the pelt of the fox that'd murdered Thrushfeather spread over her back, balanced enough to not fall off. "Dawnstar?" The leader's name was the only warning Lostspark gave before she stepped forward, into the den's darkness, and angled her body to the side, tilting so the fox pelt would slide to the floor. It was a smaller fox, thankfully, which was the only reason Lostspark had been able to carry it on her own, but eh. "It was heavy." She offered, lifting her head to blink at her mother. "A thank you gift, for Bleedingkit. But also -- Thrushfeather is dead. I found her already dead in the territory, this fox was... attempting to eat her, I'm afraid. I told Mossfreckle and Mistlewhisker to bury her. Lynxshade and Pebbleshell are getting rid of the fox remains."

[ @Undertaker - Dawnstar ]

Her daughter was back again, she seemed to enjoy frequenting her den, not that Dawnstar minded. Lostspark had yet to deem herself as annoying, and Dawnstar did appreciate her company. She sat up in her nest and yawned as Lostspark let herself in. The she-cat eyes lit up as soon as she noticed the lovely fox pelt on Lostspark's back. She cocked her head inquisitively as Lostspark explained how she acquired the pelt.

"Hmm, pity about Thrushfeather, I'll have to inform the clan about it. I doubt we'll have to deal with foxes again, but it won't hurt to have everyone's guard up." She said, walking over to inspect the pelt. It was smaller, but she'd rather have it smaller than larger. "This will make a fine addition to my collection. Excellent work, I'm glad to see that you're doing so well despite your troubling circumstances. I do wish your mate were more like you." As if to fall into a spiteful mother-in-law role, Dawnstar simply couldn't help but comment on Darkfall. Lostspark was too good for him.

Darkfall hasn't been doing much since earning his Enforcer rank other than irritating Dawnstar. He had been doing better until his promotion. However, now wanting to dwell on Darkfall's failings, Dawnstar took her new fox pelt and added to her untouched collection in the back of her den alongside the fox tail she was gifted some time ago. "It fits nicely, thank you." She said as she returned to Lostspark. She allowed the molly to depart unless she had more to add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaif View Post

|•| Vulturefang |•|

━━━━━━━━┛ ✠ ┗━━━━━━━━
He stifled a chuckle. The insults came as no surprise, he was used to such colorful words. Over the years he had learned to take a slew of hurtful things and let them slide harmlessly off his shoulders, and this was no different.
While the words didn't break his bones, he felt impatience creep along his spine. Of course she thought that way about the humans. He didn't expect her to understand. He would've died on the way back to camp, and even if by some miracale he made it back, the medicine cats and their dried leaves wouldn't of saved him. Nothing could, the humans were his only choice. But seeing as this was a lose lose situation, he was probably better off dead.

What came next wasn't anything shocking either. It was actually expected. Squinting a bit, he didn't understand why he needed time to decide. If she didn't want him now, then why would he even stick around just to be replaced? Easy pass honestly. " You don't want me as deputy, so why would I remain? The only reason why I would stay is to try and right my wrongs and redeem myself." even if he wanted to do that, Dawnstar still wouldn't care. So why try? " I have a feeling my help wouldn't please you either way, and if that's the case, then I'll return to regular duties. " shrugging his shoulders, he gave a brief sigh. " Shadowclan's my home, and you know what's best. Thanks for giving me this opportunity, Dollface. Thank you for actually giving me a purpose. It means nothing to you, but it meant the world to me. I'll be looking forward to continuing to serve Shadowclan as a warrior. That is if you even will have me." his apologies meant nothing, and he fully expected her to snap something foul back at him. He was fine with that. He deserved it.

He wasn't upset, Vulturefang knew this was for the best. He'd still be here serving Shadowclan in a different way. And to add to that, maybe he would finally be able to help his kids grow up. Who knows? This would all plan out the way it needed to be.

@Undertaker
━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

He sounded resigned to his fate... how droll. Dawnstar wasn't sure why she bothered with giving cats chances at redemption. No one ever bothered even trying to remedy their wrongs or work to better themselves. ShadowClan's been lacking that fire as of late, honestly, she was wondering how well they'd fair against ThunderClan as they currently were. So weak, so easy to crush with a few mere words. It was disgusting.

"Whether your help would please me or not doesn't matter, you're service to the clan does." Dawnstar huffed, tiring of this conversation. "If that's what you've decided then I'll announce to the clan at the next meeting. Go and see Lostspark for your injury." Dawnstar meowed dismissively.

"Oh, and despite how much your actions and horrible decisions enrage me, I am glad that you returned alive. Even though you've gifted me with a new headache to deal with." The molly shooed the tom out of her den with an irritated shake of her head. Gotta find a new deputy, wonderful. What mediocre furball should she choose next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangofDoom View Post

Fogkit

Fogkit listens, and to be honest he feels a bit dumb. He was quite conflicted at the gathering. But since he’s decided Tulipkit would also have a better time here. He isn’t going to go back so they can be miserable together. No, Fogkit will save his sister. Until then he has to get stronger.

”I’m big enough to be an apprentice?” The thought catches him off guard. The rest of Shadowclan is so big he forgot he isn’t quite a kit anymore. Fogkit supposes he isn’t. And Riverclan will not think he’s a kit. Even if he has to make them. And even if he’s not sure how to do that exactly.

”…Yeah… Yeah you’re right.” Fogkit nods. The confirmation that the leader trusts him makes him relax, despite being in front of the scariest cat he’s ever seen. The little white kit pauses and tries to smile, hoping Dawnstar will be kind. Will she be fine with smiling? There’s really only one way to find out.

Uh-huh, so it seemed like he hadn't been bothering to keep track of his age. Honestly, Dawnstar wasn't certain how old the kit was herself, she never bothered asking. But if she were judging from an average-sized kit, he was old enough to start his training. Some of the ShadowClan kits grew faster and larger compared to the other clans' kits, so if he were judging based on that she could see how he wouldn't think he was old enough... does he know his age though?

"Of course I'm right, I'm almost always right." Dawnstar smirked in reply to the kit's words and smiled. He seemed more at ease now that his concerns were put to rest. It was a strange fulfilling feeling being able to reassure clanmates even if it was a kit.

"Feeling better now, anything else you want to bug me about?" Dawnstar with a lazy swish of her tail. "Made any friends yet?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune View Post

| Silverlark |
Shadow Fiend - Inactive | Just a Scratch - Inactive | Beefed Up [Tier 3] - Inactive

Despite having just come back from a back to back double set of patrols, Silverlark entered the den with an energetic feel about him. True, he had been emotionally drained in his outing with the medicine cats, but the young enforcer had never been one to let himself stay down for long. He'd lost too many cats. If he let himself stop moving every time he felt down, he would never get up again. And he... couldn't afford to do that. He had promised, yeah? His mum. That he was going to be the best damn warrior he could be. There was no time to wallow in self pity and what ifs when there was work to be done. Work that... surprisingly, seemed to have solved itself for once? He'd let the leader decide for herself with his report... along with maybe giving one extra patrol of the area, just to make sure.

"Yo! So! So. Gots good news, and bad news, yeah? Bad news is... we might not be ables to gets you no more lynx furs. I'll look around for a nice badger or fox to make up for it though, yep," he chortled, amused at his own joke before his countenance turned serious. Focused on his report.

"Good news? I thinks thems lynxes? Gone. Went out today, yeah? Two sets of patrols. Different cats. And at first, couldn't make sense of it. Didn't notice it much. Was alert for the scent of lynx, because thems beasties? Big fellars. Not good to be caught off guard, ya dig? Course ya digs. Yer Dawnstar!" he chirped, rolling his eyes at his own moss headedness at that moment. If someone understood how dangerous these creatures were, it was the leader!

"Was gonna use the time, yeah? Had to go out with the medicine cats. Get some herbs. Was gonna ask about Lynxshade's plan with them deathberries. Had to make sure the medics were in on it and thought it was safe, mmmhmm. Was being extra extra careful there, too. I knows the head healer was an enforcers and all, but she's too important to lose to a bunch of lynx. Had to make sure. But realized that I wasn't scenting them. Not as strongly, ya dig? Some scent there but... like it's fading? Hard to tell on the way back. Had twigs and stuff on my mouth. Scents all muddled. Planning on heading back. Making sure sure. But if I had to guess... Them lynxes? They ain't round ShadowClan no more."

@Undertaker [Dawnstar]

One of these days she'd get used to Silverlark's speech, but at the moment she still found it weird. Dawnstar's eyes were naturally drawn to the large tom as he entered her den with that strange greeting. He's also been a little odd, even when he was younger, and that uniqueness stuck with him even in adulthood. It took her a moment to refocus her thoughts on what he was saying.

No more lynxes? How was that bad news? Well, the furs were a pity, but if it meant the clan was no longer bothered by the lynxes then she could deal with the lack of furs. She still had the one Silverlark had gifted her so it's not like she could be all that upset about it.

Her interest was piqued at the mention of death berries, as the Enforcer went into detail about why he had been out with the medicine cats. Had he taken both of them? There was this build of anxiety in her chest, a mixture of concern for Lostspark's and Mossfreckle's safety and the clan's health, but as quickly as it built it burnt itself out. ThunderClan had her on edge over her medicine cats! Even if she wasn't overly trustful of Mossfreckle, he was still a clanmate and someone Dawnstar would worry over. With the lynxes gone, it was one less threat to be tensed about.

"That's glorious news, I wasn't looking forward to a fight with them. Take someone with you when you go sniffing around, just in case. You don't need to report back if they're truly gone, although do let me know if any signs prove otherwise. Keep up the great work." She purred, allowing him to leave if there was nothing else.

There were few cats that Dawnstar could rely on or depend on in this clan, even less after she lost Cougarivy and Elmshadow. But Lostspark and Hawkbite were doing astounding work at filling in their predecessors' paw prints, and Silverlark was rapidly proving that he was more than capable of Enforcer rank. It wasn't much, but it was some comfort that she wouldn't have to run herself completely ragged leading this clan alone.

Purrks
Dawnstar: Beefed Up Tier 3 || Mindreader
Leechscar: Master Scout || Ultimate Predator

Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder
Old March 5th, 2024, 10:10 AM

Bump Policy: Every few hours, I usually try to respond as quickly as I can
My Mood: Amused

He sighed, he had been very excited to get his first apprentice to show his dedication to the clan but an apprentice that wouldnt listen could only lead to trouble, but the hawk may have just saved them from such a headache

"You are correct to question whether she is ready, had she come out from this unscathed, then I would agree that she is not ready, however, this encounter with the hawk may have just shown her how fleeting the life of a warrior can be, being so close to death may have helped mature her, until she recovers and I spend a few days with her within camp I cannot be sure if she is ready to truly begin her training again," he meows out

@Undertaker

"UNTIL I THREW DOWN MY ENEMY AND SMOTE HIS RUIN UPON THE MOUNTAINSIDE -GANDALF THE WHITE
NIGHTWOLF SHADOWCLAN
24 MOONS
LARGE BLACK TABBY

BOULDERPAW RIVERCLAN
9 MOONS
GREY STRIPED TABBY
Old March 9th, 2024, 09:17 PM
Just A Fossil

My Mood: Spooky

[Hawkbite]
Enforcer Commander
Shadow Fiend | Agatha Kitty

The Commander padded towards the Leaders' Den. He had a limp in his right leg, but he was too determined to acknowledge it.

Another day, another report to be had. He was sure the leader was wondering what the hell happened at the border. He attended the recent meeting despite the injury, so he had his own input on that matter too.

"Dawnstar," Hawkbite called, coming up to the entrance before pushing into the den. The confidence of entering was becoming more apparent. Normally he was fairly cautious, but this seemed too important to simply wait.

"I must apologize for the situation at the border," Hawkbite spoke bitterly, pinning his ears back and sitting down just inside the entrance. The wound on his throat and shoulder were scabbed and sore and he winced if he moved his head and neck too quickly. "Lostspark sent me to grab herbs so I brought Shadefrost with me. It was my idea to go to ThunderClan's side. We retrieved a good amount initially from ThunderClan's side, but I got cocky. We got caught the second time. Spiderthroat was able to see us through the shadows."

The words were falling out of his mouth. He couldn't stop himself, he merely hoped Dawnstar was keeping up. "I destroyed the herbs we had and Spiderthroat was coming for me for that. Shadefrost," Hawkbite growled a little at the next part, "tried to slow him down, but didn't assist when I was pinned and really needed help. I don't know how he died because the deputy gained some sort of odd strength boost to fling me like a mouse and everything's dark after that."

Hawkbite let out a deep sigh, letting his shoulders relax a little. He was frustrated with himself. "So I thank you for saving me, but I'm sorry I caused such a headache and a loss to the clan."

The tom let her process the words, ready to accept any scolding or punishment. He was prepared to answer any questions regarding the situation too. He met the leader with a stoic stare, the frustration and emotion from the confession gone now that it was off his chest.

@Undertaker
[This is following his healing + the recent meeting]

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Last edited by SuspiciousMindz; March 9th, 2024 at 09:40 PM.
Old March 10th, 2024, 06:56 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Silverlark |

Silverlark's chest puffed up with pride at Dawnstar's evident joy at his news. It wasn't often that he got to see the leader purr - actually, he couldn't remember seeing her purr at all before - and the enforcer was pleased that he could bring one forth. Being leader had to be tough. All that thinking, making sure that your clan was not looking for trouble with everyone else, including themselves... all the problems that always seemed to show their faces when you least wanted them to. It had to be exhausting. If he could take at least some of that stress away, then that meant he was doing his part as a warrior of ShadowClan, and nothing could make him happier right now!

"Yeah yeah, will do, will do! I'll drag someone out with me soon. I'll try to make sure again todays, just to be clear them herbs weren't tricking my nose none. Buts if it all be looking goods? I'll checks again and make sure the scent's really gone bai bai. Ya won't even have to think 'bout it, no worries, no fret, heh heh," Silverlark chirped giddily, nodding along energetically with his words.

His report done and knowing he could leave without coming across as rude to the leader, he dipped his head before turning around, already making plans for his next patrol. He had just gone on two... maybe it would be best to take a nap or get a meal before heading out for a third today? He was known for running himself ragged sometimes... but there was just so much to do, so much to do. Besides, if he could get some training time with Flashie as well? Wouldn't he want to make sure she was safe? Best make sure them lynxes were gone, mmmhmm. The nap and meal could wait. After all, his stomach always let him know when enough was enough and it was expecting to be filled, heh heh.

@Undertaker [Silverlark]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old March 13th, 2024, 08:53 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mysterious

Fogkit

Fogkit relaxes his shoulders. His puffed fur flattens just slightly as Fogkit shrugs. “Yeah, you’re always right,” he echoes.

Anything else? No, Fogkit shakes his head. [i’I guess I wanted to talk to someone about it…’[/i] he thinks to himself.

”-Friends?” Fogkit blinks. Right. Friends. He definitely hasn’t just been watching everyone like a weirdo. At least now he knows more about how ShadowClan talks and acts. ”…yeah, totally. I have lots of friends.”

Fogkit’s ears burn red, his pale fur doing nothing to hide his embarrassment. He needs friends. If he gets friends then that won’t be a lie.

(sorry! kinda sorta forgot about this oops)

Old March 17th, 2024, 06:01 PM
Moonraven's brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewolfers View Post
He sighed, he had been very excited to get his first apprentice to show his dedication to the clan but an apprentice that wouldnt listen could only lead to trouble, but the hawk may have just saved them from such a headache

"You are correct to question whether she is ready, had she come out from this unscathed, then I would agree that she is not ready, however, this encounter with the hawk may have just shown her how fleeting the life of a warrior can be, being so close to death may have helped mature her, until she recovers and I spend a few days with her within camp I cannot be sure if she is ready to truly begin her training again," he meows out

@Undertaker

Dawnstar growled softly in thought. She still felt like the furball needed to be demoted, but Nightwolf made a valiant point. Life and death experiences tend to change a cat. Looking over at Nightwolf, Dawnstar meowed, "Fine, I won't demote her if you think that the incident helped her learn a lesson. However, if she causes trouble or acts out like that again. It's your head on the line." Dawnstar told the warrior. She didn't have time to clean up messes made by mousebrains. Dawnstar ran a stern ship, the apprentice would have to grow up fast and learn, or her mentor would be dealing with the repercussions of it. The leader dismissed the tom if he had nothing else to add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuspiciousMindz View Post

[Hawkbite]
Enforcer Commander
Shadow Fiend | Agatha Kitty

The Commander padded towards the Leaders' Den. He had a limp in his right leg, but he was too determined to acknowledge it.

Another day, another report to be had. He was sure the leader was wondering what the hell happened at the border. He attended the recent meeting despite the injury, so he had his own input on that matter too.

"Dawnstar," Hawkbite called, coming up to the entrance before pushing into the den. The confidence of entering was becoming more apparent. Normally he was fairly cautious, but this seemed too important to simply wait.

"I must apologize for the situation at the border," Hawkbite spoke bitterly, pinning his ears back and sitting down just inside the entrance. The wound on his throat and shoulder were scabbed and sore and he winced if he moved his head and neck too quickly. "Lostspark sent me to grab herbs so I brought Shadefrost with me. It was my idea to go to ThunderClan's side. We retrieved a good amount initially from ThunderClan's side, but I got cocky. We got caught the second time. Spiderthroat was able to see us through the shadows."

The words were falling out of his mouth. He couldn't stop himself, he merely hoped Dawnstar was keeping up. "I destroyed the herbs we had and Spiderthroat was coming for me for that. Shadefrost," Hawkbite growled a little at the next part, "tried to slow him down, but didn't assist when I was pinned and really needed help. I don't know how he died because the deputy gained some sort of odd strength boost to fling me like a mouse and everything's dark after that."

Hawkbite let out a deep sigh, letting his shoulders relax a little. He was frustrated with himself. "So I thank you for saving me, but I'm sorry I caused such a headache and a loss to the clan."

The tom let her process the words, ready to accept any scolding or punishment. He was prepared to answer any questions regarding the situation too. He met the leader with a stoic stare, the frustration and emotion from the confession gone now that it was off his chest.

@Undertaker
[This is following his healing + the recent meeting]

The dark tabby turns towards the opening of her den as soon as she hears the uneven footfall. She slowly drags her tongue along the pink scar tissue lining her chest while waiting for a call. The voice that reached her ears was one she had been waiting for. Perhaps she'll get some proper answers now that Hawkbite is back on his paws.

Once the commander entered, Dawnstar's golden hues rested on the still-healing wounds etched in Hawkbite's body. She could still see the tom lying in a mess of blood, barely clinging to life. He had been lucky, so so lucky she had swung by the border when she did. It was unfortunate that she had come sooner, perhaps Shadefrost's life could have been saved too. He was a pain in the tail more often than not, if he had been a bit more humble perhaps he could have made more of a name for himself. However, the words humble and Shadefrost never fit well together.

"So you played your part in Shadefrost's death." Dawnstar meowed, eyes gleaming with cold irritation. "I expected Shadefrost to be a cocky idiot, I always thought you were more level-headed, pulling the same trick twice and expecting to get away with it—" The fact that they nearly died for herbs was a little infuriating. Dawnstar felt that she'd be a little less annoyed if it had been only the first time. But not all the blame should be laid on them, Dawnstar should have known how reckless and foolish her clanmates could be and never allowed this in the first place. Lesson learned.

"That sounds like Shadefrost, I told you before that he doesn't play nice with others. There's a reason I stopped giving him apprentices. He's never been very good at looking after anyone but himself and his interests. I do wonder what made you think that it was a good idea to bring him as a partner in crime." Hawkbite had said that he'd work on making Shadefrost respect him, perhaps that was the reason. Not that it matters at the moment, the tom was dead.

Dawnstar twitched her whiskers hearing about the odd strength boost, she was aware that cats could show feats of unusual strength when adrenaline was kicking in. Still, it would be interesting to see herself. She might have to see if the deputy would like to play with her one day. If he fought as half as fiercely as Bumblebrat, it could be some fun.

"You got lucky I was around to save you. I hope that you've learned a valuable lesson, Hawkbite. You're arrogance nearly cost you your life, and did cost ShadowClan a warrior. I'll let this go this once, you'd do well to never let something like this happen again. I'll be thoroughly disappointed if I have to find a replacement for you." Hawkbite has proven himself quite valuable for the time being, losing him would be a pity. However, displays of great stupidity such as this one could only be overlooked once. Dawnstar gave a dismissing lash of her tail. "Go rest."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangofDoom View Post

Fogkit

Fogkit relaxes his shoulders. His puffed fur flattens just slightly as Fogkit shrugs. “Yeah, you’re always right,” he echoes.

Anything else? No, Fogkit shakes his head. [i’I guess I wanted to talk to someone about it…’[/i] he thinks to himself.

”-Friends?” Fogkit blinks. Right. Friends. He definitely hasn’t just been watching everyone like a weirdo. At least now he knows more about how ShadowClan talks and acts. ”…yeah, totally. I have lots of friends.”

Fogkit’s ears burn red, his pale fur doing nothing to hide his embarrassment. He needs friends. If he gets friends then that won’t be a lie.

(sorry! kinda sorta forgot about this oops)

A smirk of amusement lifted one side of Dawnstar's muscles at the response. "Glad we can agree on that." The molly's bushy tail tip twitched restlessly behind her as her entertainment grew with Fogkit's funny response to her question. It was a small lie, and not hard to tell he was lying with his reaction but a lie nonetheless.

"So that means you have no friends. There's no shame in that, so need to lie about it. But you should work on befriending at least one other cat, besides me. Slytiger doesn't count either. Having a few close cats that you feel somewhat comfortable with will make this transition easier here. If you're going to make a new life in ShadowClan, you should at least try and get to know your clanmates better." Not that Dawnstar should be preaching about that.

She doesn't think she's ever had an actual friend in her entire life. But unlike Fogkit, Dawnstar didn't think she needed them. She had her Enforcers, Lostspark and she guesses that idiot too. Reliable allies worked better than friends.

"Shoo now, go make friends." Dawnstar yawned, gesturing that the kit could leave. "Oh, and a little reminder try to avoid lying to me. It tends to bug me." Dawnstar adds before turning back to her nest.

Purrks
Dawnstar: Beefed Up Tier 3 || Mindreader
Leechscar: Master Scout || Ultimate Predator

Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder
Old March 17th, 2024, 06:09 PM

Bump Policy: Every few hours, I usually try to respond as quickly as I can
My Mood: Amused

[QUOTE=Undertaker;1568360][CENTER]
Dawnstar growled softly in thought. She still felt like the furball needed to be demoted, but Nightwolf made a valiant point. Life and death experiences tend to change a cat. Looking over at Nightwolf, Dawnstar meowed, "Fine, I won't demote her if you think that the incident helped her learn a lesson. However, if she causes trouble or acts out like that again. It's your head on the line." Dawnstar told the warrior. She didn't have time to clean up messes made by mousebrains. Dawnstar ran a stern ship, the apprentice would have to grow up fast and learn, or her mentor would be dealing with the repercussions of it. The leader dismissed the tom if he had nothing else to add.

"I understand," he says bowing and leaving her den.
@Undertaker

"UNTIL I THREW DOWN MY ENEMY AND SMOTE HIS RUIN UPON THE MOUNTAINSIDE -GANDALF THE WHITE
NIGHTWOLF SHADOWCLAN
24 MOONS
LARGE BLACK TABBY

BOULDERPAW RIVERCLAN
9 MOONS
GREY STRIPED TABBY

Last edited by Lewolfers; March 17th, 2024 at 06:19 PM.
Old March 17th, 2024, 09:09 PM
ruthlessness is mercy.

Bump Policy: 4 days [time sensitive: 2 days]
My Mood: Queenly

SHE/HER
Purrks: Silver Tongue [Inactive]

Get it together Howling! Just ask for a name change, it's that simple. The 5 moon shekit exhales, her vision had thankfully returned in time for her apprenticeship. Her mother failure was her step up. The Shadow Queen's granddaughter enters the den. Clearing her throat. "Let's cut straight to the chase shall we? I do not want to keep my "Howlingkit" name during my apprenticeship." She had a better one. Something worth being her name. Not after some stupid cat she didn't know. "I want to be renamed, if you allow as such"

Spread her wings. And burn the ones that were attached to her legacy. Lostspark's wings. "I wish to be renamed to Heronpaw upon being giving my apprentice name. It holds much more meaning to me than an uncle I have not met or ever known through stories." Howlingkit sits down when she finishes speaking. She was firm on it. Howling didn't fear her grandmother like some. She was just as killable as the rest of her family.

[ @Undertaker ]

when does man become a monster?
i am your darkest moment
the monster that always draws near
any last words?

✰ [ stag’s carrd ]✰

kat sneaks away from aries... and runs into carmen