Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Non-Warriors Roleplay

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
"Sharpen your teeth" - RC...
Last post by Seamrog
Today 12:18 PM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by Tiabirb
Today 12:08 PM
Art Fight 2024
by nyx
Last post by Morrigan
Today 11:47 AM
Whac-A-Mink [WC/ShC]
Last post by Morrigan
Today 11:29 AM

Old September 25th, 2023, 01:32 PM
steal my heart, its yours

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

Default Coming Home

@spookysock

He closes his eyes and tightens his grip on the award in his hand. He then feels it almost bite into his grip before he opens his hand and looks at the blood on his hand. He frowns before sighing, shaking his head. He kind of wished that he could have stayed on the battlefield - he wishes that he would have died over there. Then he would not have come home to the awkward looks and pitying glances.

He wishes he would have not lost his brother. Gunther was... Everything to him. Wilhelm had vowed to protect him - the two Hans brothers had vowed to make sure that the other had returned home. Their mother had made them promise.

But now, as Wilhelm Hans walks down the street that his home was on, he comes face to face with Russians, Americans, and British soldiers and civilians going through rubble that were once houses. When he sees the rubble of his old house, he almost falls to his knees.

"Mama?" He whispers, before starts to run towards the house. He shoves another young person out of the way before the seventeen-year-old German soldier falls to his knees at the edge of the rubble. His breathing quickens and he starts to tear at the rubble until his bloody hands are covered in soot, ash, and smaller cuts.

Story Writing(tips and others) |

Lynxfang - Beefed Up Tier One
Shatterpaw - Skip The Steps
Burnetkit - Silver Tongue and Mind Reader

Old September 25th, 2023, 01:46 PM
don't eat me

Bump Policy: If I've failed to respond in a timely manner, please know that I'm trying very hard to be a person
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: Coming Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier View Post
@spookysock

He closes his eyes and tightens his grip on the award in his hand. He then feels it almost bite into his grip before he opens his hand and looks at the blood on his hand. He frowns before sighing, shaking his head. He kind of wished that he could have stayed on the battlefield - he wishes that he would have died over there. Then he would not have come home to the awkward looks and pitying glances.

He wishes he would have not lost his brother. Gunther was... Everything to him. Wilhelm had vowed to protect him - the two Hans brothers had vowed to make sure that the other had returned home. Their mother had made them promise.

But now, as Wilhelm Hans walks down the street that his home was on, he comes face to face with Russians, Americans, and British soldiers and civilians going through rubble that were once houses. When he sees the rubble of his old house, he almost falls to his knees.

"Mama?" He whispers, before starts to run towards the house. He shoves another young person out of the way before the seventeen-year-old German soldier falls to his knees at the edge of the rubble. His breathing quickens and he starts to tear at the rubble until his bloody hands are covered in soot, ash, and smaller cuts.
Caroline didn't want to be here. She didn't want to be anywhere near here. She wanted to be home. And as far as she knew, she would soon be going home. Back to her dad, back to her mum - but right now she was waiting for her brother. Her brother was the reason she was here, and furthermore, was the bane of her existence.

Already in a bad mood, it didn't help when some bloke nearly knocked her off her feet. "Oi!" she yelped as she regained her balance, glaring through square-ish glasses at the young man who'd shoved her. Her bright blue eyes softened, though, at the sight of him digging hurriedly through the ruins of a house. She guessed it must of been his.

GOOD MOOOOOORNING!! Are you ready to complete your contractual obligations?
pronouns || please validate my art
Old September 25th, 2023, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookysock View Post
Caroline didn't want to be here. She didn't want to be anywhere near here. She wanted to be home. And as far as she knew, she would soon be going home. Back to her dad, back to her mum - but right now she was waiting for her brother. Her brother was the reason she was here, and furthermore, was the bane of her existence.

Already in a bad mood, it didn't help when some bloke nearly knocked her off her feet. "Oi!" she yelped as she regained her balance, glaring through square-ish glasses at the young man who'd shoved her. Her bright blue eyes softened, though, at the sight of him digging hurriedly through the ruins of a house. She guessed it must of been his.
He hurriedly starts curing in his native language, praying and hoping that his mother and father are not under all of this rubble. He doesn't apologize to the lady he almost knocked down - he's not sorry, she's intruding on his home. After a moment he stops, and examines the rubble. He is about ready to jump in and start searching before some American grabs his arms and tugs him away.

He yells in heavily-accented English. "Nein! Let me go - my mother is in there!!" Wilhelm struggles as he continues to curse and yell until the American drops him to the ground, a look of disgust on his face.

"No one is in there, young man. There were two corpses, though. They're at the morgue." The American says in English, his voice cold and callous a she looks at the soldier who lays sprawled on the ground.

The desperation in his icy blue eye melts away to cold fury and pain. The German's shoulders start to heave as he pushes himself up to his knees where he then starts to cry. His one good eye is squeezed shut, and his missing eye is patched over with a white - well, now more of a grey - bandage. He needs a medic - but he doubts any Allied medics will help him.

A tear leaves a single clean streak on his left cheek.

Old September 25th, 2023, 01:59 PM
don't eat me

Bump Policy: If I've failed to respond in a timely manner, please know that I'm trying very hard to be a person

Quote:
He hurriedly starts curing in his native language, praying and hoping that his mother and father are not under all of this rubble. He doesn't apologize to the lady he almost knocked down - he's not sorry, she's intruding on his home. After a moment he stops, and examines the rubble. He is about ready to jump in and start searching before some American grabs his arms and tugs him away.

He yells in heavily-accented English. "Nein! Let me go - my mother is in there!!" Wilhelm struggles as he continues to curse and yell until the American drops him to the ground, a look of disgust on his face.

"No one is in there, young man. There were two corpses, though. They're at the morgue." The American says in English, his voice cold and callous a she looks at the soldier who lays sprawled on the ground.

The desperation in his icy blue eye melts away to cold fury and pain. The German's shoulders start to heave as he pushes himself up to his knees where he then starts to cry. His one good eye is squeezed shut, and his missing eye is patched over with a white - well, now more of a grey - bandage. He needs a medic - but he doubts any Allied medics will help him.

A tear leaves a single clean streak on his left cheek.
Caroline couldn't help but feel bad for the guy - it must be awful to lose your family like that... and not even get to say goodbye. All she'd ever lost was a pet dog (and most of the small things she owned), and even that had been nearly unbearable.

She shook her head slowly, and without consulting her brain, her gangly legs carried her over to the young man.

"Er... are you okay?"

She knew it was a bad idea as soon as the words came out of her mouth. Caroline wished she was shorter, wished she could simply hide in this moment, get away from him, but she was here, this was happening, and she couldn't stop it, so she simply screwed her eyes shut as tight as possible and hoped he hadn't heard her.

Old September 25th, 2023, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Caroline couldn't help but feel bad for the guy - it must be awful to lose your family like that... and not even get to say goodbye. All she'd ever lost was a pet dog (and most of the small things she owned), and even that had been nearly unbearable.

She shook her head slowly, and without consulting her brain, her gangly legs carried her over to the young man.

"Er... are you okay?"

She knew it was a bad idea as soon as the words came out of her mouth. Caroline wished she was shorter, wished she could simply hide in this moment, get away from him, but she was here, this was happening, and she couldn't stop it, so she simply screwed her eyes shut as tight as possible and hoped he hadn't heard her.
But he does hear her. He hears her and he acknowledges her. "Nein." He then opens his eyes and sits up slightly, looking up at her. He sees that she's the one he almost knocked down. He realizes that, in this moment, he reaches a little higher than her hips if he sits sraight. He then frowns slightly again and looks away.

"No." He whispers in accented English. "I am not... Okay... They're all.... They're all gone..."

Old September 25th, 2023, 02:43 PM
don't eat me

Quote:
But he does hear her. He hears her and he acknowledges her. "Nein." He then opens his eyes and sits up slightly, looking up at her. He sees that she's the one he almost knocked down. He realizes that, in this moment, he reaches a little higher than her hips if he sits sraight. He then frowns slightly again and looks away.

"No." He whispers in accented English. "I am not... Okay... They're all.... They're all gone..."
Caroline frowned. "Hm... I imagine that's... not very good," she said. Talking to people wasn't one of her strong points (having strong points was not one of her strong points either). She pushed some of the strands of her blonde hair that had escaped her ponytail behind her ears. "Sorry."

Old September 26th, 2023, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Caroline frowned. "Hm... I imagine that's... not very good," she said. Talking to people wasn't one of her strong points (having strong points was not one of her strong points either). She pushed some of the strands of her blonde hair that had escaped her ponytail behind her ears. "Sorry."
"No, it is not very good..." He murmurs before he leans back, looking up at the blonde girl. If he hadn't heard her speak, he'd think that she's a pretty German girl - but it's obvious that she's British. He stands, and towers over her.

"I am sorry. I do not know you and I... Thrust all this on you." He murmurs, bowing as he apologizes.

Old September 26th, 2023, 09:24 AM
don't eat me

Quote:
"No, it is not very good..." He murmurs before he leans back, looking up at the blonde girl. If he hadn't heard her speak, he'd think that she's a pretty German girl - but it's obvious that she's British. He stands, and towers over her.

"I am sorry. I do not know you and I... Thrust all this on you." He murmurs, bowing as he apologizes.
She shook her head. "It's fine, really," she assured him with a shrug.

(short post, sorry, I'm making my friend homework)

Old September 26th, 2023, 10:14 AM

Quote:
She shook her head. "It's fine, really," she assured him with a shrug.

(short post, sorry, I'm making my friend homework)
Wilhelm frowns. He knows it's not okay - he was taught that showing emotions is a weakness. Well, taught by the Wehrmacht that a show of emotions are a sign of being weak. Looking at the girl, he wonders what she was taught when it comes to emotions and repercussions. He then holds a hand out to her before allowing it to fall back into place at his side. "I would shake your hand, junge Dame, but I do not think you would like my blood on your hand." He says quietly.

Old September 26th, 2023, 10:17 AM
don't eat me

Quote:
Wilhelm frowns. He knows it's not okay - he was taught that showing emotions is a weakness. Well, taught by the Wehrmacht that a show of emotions are a sign of being weak. Looking at the girl, he wonders what she was taught when it comes to emotions and repercussions. He then holds a hand out to her before allowing it to fall back into place at his side. "I would shake your hand, junge Dame, but I do not think you would like my blood on your hand." He says quietly.
Caroline laughs a little at that. "Yeah, I suppose not. I'm Caroline, by the way. It's spelled C-A-R-O-L-I-N-E, but pronounced like Carolyn for some reason. What's your name?"