Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Non-Warriors Roleplay

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
A Very Impulsively Made...
Last post by Weekend-Wondering
Today 12:36 PM
healing request for...
by ellie
Last post by ellie
Today 12:34 PM
"I'm Not Sure About You"...
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 12:16 PM

Old October 30th, 2023, 02:13 PM
don't eat me

Bump Policy: If I've failed to respond in a timely manner, please know that I'm trying very hard to be a person
My Mood: Lurking

Default The Divine Right || [p]

Princess Victoria Orangeleaf
16 || Wavy pastel pink hair and blue eyes, wears a soft yellow frilly dress that falls just to her kneecaps and darker cardigan, brown combat boots

Today, she had to wear a fancy dress. She didn't like today. She tugged at the collar of her light pastel yellow dress (it fell to her feet! How was she expected not to trip over it?), and stepped into high heels, which for the record, were VERY UNCOMFORTABLE. One of the servants carefully lowered a shimmering tiara onto her perfectly styled hair.

Another attempted to coat her lips in a hot pink lipstick, but she swatted the hand away and stepped off her stool. She hated make-up. "You are dismissed," she hissed to the servants, and they scurried away to... wherever the servants went when they weren't serving the family.

With a sigh, she rested a hand on the crystal doorknob that would lead her to her very first royal ball. Everybody in the kingdom had been invited, for it would be Victoria's very first public appearance. As she saw it, it was her father's first time advertising her to rich boys.

And that was probably how her father saw it, too.

Twisting the knob, she stepped out into the party. At first, she was a bit overwhelmed - so many people, packing the enormous ballroom to the brim, the clatter of glasses and the tapping of feet, and over all of that, the booming voices of thousands of people echoing of the tall walls and high ceiling - but, the stimulation quickly died down as soon as she entered the room.

Her face flushed red, and she spoke softly: "Hello."

---

It had taken over three hours, but the fanfare had finally died down. Victoria had found her way outside, and now she wandered the labyrinth of flowers and bushes under the pale moonlight. She hummed a soft, haunting melody as she picked roses, her tiara glittering in the grass.

It had been broken in half.

She could still hear the party inside, and knew her father would be missing her soon. It was only a matter of time before he sent a soldier to look for her, and she intended to make the best of it.

[ @pumpkinbubble. ]

GOOD MOOOOOORNING!! Are you ready to complete your contractual obligations?
pronouns || please validate my art
Old October 30th, 2023, 02:35 PM
error in the code

Bump Policy: don't plz
My Mood: Fine

Default Re: The Divine Right || [p]

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookysock View Post
Princess Victoria Orangeleaf
16 || Wavy pastel pink hair and blue eyes, wears a soft yellow frilly dress that falls just to her kneecaps and darker cardigan, brown combat boots

Today, she had to wear a fancy dress. She didn't like today. She tugged at the collar of her light pastel yellow dress (it fell to her feet! How was she expected not to trip over it?), and stepped into high heels, which for the record, were VERY UNCOMFORTABLE. One of the servants carefully lowered a shimmering tiara onto her perfectly styled hair.

Another attempted to coat her lips in a hot pink lipstick, but she swatted the hand away and stepped off her stool. She hated make-up. "You are dismissed," she hissed to the servants, and they scurried away to... wherever the servants went when they weren't serving the family.

With a sigh, she rested a hand on the crystal doorknob that would lead her to her very first royal ball. Everybody in the kingdom had been invited, for it would be Victoria's very first public appearance. As she saw it, it was her father's first time advertising her to rich boys.

And that was probably how her father saw it, too.

Twisting the knob, she stepped out into the party. At first, she was a bit overwhelmed - so many people, packing the enormous ballroom to the brim, the clatter of glasses and the tapping of feet, and over all of that, the booming voices of thousands of people echoing of the tall walls and high ceiling - but, the stimulation quickly died down as soon as she entered the room.

Her face flushed red, and she spoke softly: "Hello."

---

It had taken over three hours, but the fanfare had finally died down. Victoria had found her way outside, and now she wandered the labyrinth of flowers and bushes under the pale moonlight. She hummed a soft, haunting melody as she picked roses, her tiara glittering in the grass.

It had been broken in half.

She could still hear the party inside, and knew her father would be missing her soon. It was only a matter of time before he sent a soldier to look for her, and she intended to make the best of it.

[ @pumpkinbubble. ]
~~ Alyssa Holmes - 19 Years Old - Famous Detective ~~
A tall white girl with full gray eyes, long dark brown hair. Wears a black shirt and blue jeans with a long brown detective cloak (hates it and is usually seen without it) and black shoes.

(Alyssa is actually the perfect person for Victoria to get help with escaping the kingdom because Alyssa will know the area around the kingdom and a way to a safe place to rest because she travels a lot. She is the most helpful. But it will take some serious convincing. And also Victoria may have seen Alyssa before but they have never talked face to face because the queen and king didn't want to. You can decide the real reason)

Royal balls. The royal family in general. Everything to do with royalty. She rather didn't trust it and didn't like it either.

Alyssa had a reputation. She was a famous detective and was well-known throughout the world. So being hired by high end people should be amazing, right? Dead. WRONG.

Alyssa had a problem with high end people. She usually argued with their claims, got distracted easily, and overall just didn't do very well with orders that weren't from her mother or normal people. The princess? That was a whole new cam of worms.

Princess Victoria always fascinated Alyssa in some way. Even though she was never seen in public, ever, Alyssa got opportunities to see the girl in person. While that girl was never allowed to speak with her, the detective had seen her a few times. Although the queen and king did everything in their power to make sure they never met face-to-face. And that bugged Alyssa. Why did they not want her to meet the princess? What does the princess have that the royal family doesn't want her to know? Why was she never allowed in public? This mystery was tugging her. And she needed to solve it.

Alyssa had been invited to the royal ball as a special guest. Of course she accepted it like everyone expected her to. But that meant she had to wear a dress and look pretty? Nope. Just as bad, she needed to wear her detective cloak. And have so much unnecessary stuff on her. And Alyssa was the center of attention until the princess showed up. Yup. I need to know more.

After about 3 hours, Alyssa finally pushed her way through the crowd and left the palace, exploring the palace grounds and gardens. Flowers brought Alyssa peace. She wasn't sure why, but they just did. Taking off her cloak and putting it on her shoulder, a glittering caught her attention in the grass nearby. It was a broken tiara. It's Victoria's. I saw her wearing it at the ball. Alyssa wasn't allowed to speak with the princess during the ball, and that bugged her. If the princess's tiara is here, then she must be close... Alyssa stood up, picking up the broken crown, and looking around.

Last edited by bubble[error].; October 30th, 2023 at 02:42 PM.
Old October 31st, 2023, 07:06 AM
don't eat me

Bump Policy: If I've failed to respond in a timely manner, please know that I'm trying very hard to be a person

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinbubble. View Post

~~ Alyssa Holmes - 19 Years Old - Famous Detective ~~
A tall white girl with full gray eyes, long dark brown hair. Wears a black shirt and blue jeans with a long brown detective cloak (hates it and is usually seen without it) and black shoes.

(Alyssa is actually the perfect person for Victoria to get help with escaping the kingdom because Alyssa will know the area around the kingdom and a way to a safe place to rest because she travels a lot. She is the most helpful. But it will take some serious convincing. And also Victoria may have seen Alyssa before but they have never talked face to face because the queen and king didn't want to. You can decide the real reason)

Royal balls. The royal family in general. Everything to do with royalty. She rather didn't trust it and didn't like it either.

Alyssa had a reputation. She was a famous detective and was well-known throughout the world. So being hired by high end people should be amazing, right? Dead. WRONG.

Alyssa had a problem with high end people. She usually argued with their claims, got distracted easily, and overall just didn't do very well with orders that weren't from her mother or normal people. The princess? That was a whole new cam of worms.

Princess Victoria always fascinated Alyssa in some way. Even though she was never seen in public, ever, Alyssa got opportunities to see the girl in person. While that girl was never allowed to speak with her, the detective had seen her a few times. Although the queen and king did everything in their power to make sure they never met face-to-face. And that bugged Alyssa. Why did they not want her to meet the princess? What does the princess have that the royal family doesn't want her to know? Why was she never allowed in public? This mystery was tugging her. And she needed to solve it.

Alyssa had been invited to the royal ball as a special guest. Of course she accepted it like everyone expected her to. But that meant she had to wear a dress and look pretty? Nope. Just as bad, she needed to wear her detective cloak. And have so much unnecessary stuff on her. And Alyssa was the center of attention until the princess showed up. Yup. I need to know more.

After about 3 hours, Alyssa finally pushed her way through the crowd and left the palace, exploring the palace grounds and gardens. Flowers brought Alyssa peace. She wasn't sure why, but they just did. Taking off her cloak and putting it on her shoulder, a glittering caught her attention in the grass nearby. It was a broken tiara. It's Victoria's. I saw her wearing it at the ball. Alyssa wasn't allowed to speak with the princess during the ball, and that bugged her. If the princess's tiara is here, then she must be close... Alyssa stood up, picking up the broken crown, and looking around.
Just a few hedgerows away, Victoria's humming had snowballed into full-on singing.

"Oh, give me land, lots of land under starry skies above
Don't fence me in
Let me ride through the wide open country that I love
Don't fence me in

Let me be by myself in the evenin' breeze
And listen to the murmur of the cottonwood trees
Send me off forever, but I ask you please
Don't fence me in

Just turn me loose
Let me straddle my old saddle
Underneath the Western skies

Let me wander over yonder
Till I see the mountains rise

I want to ride to the ridge where the West commences
And gaze at the moon till I lose my senses
And I can't look at hovels and I can't stand fences
Don't fence me in

Oh, give me land, lots of land under starry skies above
Don't fence me in
Let me ride through the wide country that I love
Don't fence me in

And gaze at the moon 'til I lose my senses
I can't look at hobbles and I can't stand fences
Don't fence me in

No, papa, don't fence me in."

She stood twirling a white rose between her fingers, body stiffened against the freezing breeze. Her silk white gloves had been coated in dirt, and she'd kicked off her high heels a few hedgerows back. Victoria began the song over again, gazing off into the horizon.

She wondered what it was like to be the moon, up above so high. All alone, not free to go wherever it liked, forever surveying a kingdom of subjects that it barely knew.

Victoria frowned.

She was the moon.

Old October 31st, 2023, 07:42 AM
error in the code

Quote:
Just a few hedgerows away, Victoria's humming had snowballed into full-on singing.

"Oh, give me land, lots of land under starry skies above
Don't fence me in
Let me ride through the wide open country that I love
Don't fence me in

Let me be by myself in the evenin' breeze
And listen to the murmur of the cottonwood trees
Send me off forever, but I ask you please
Don't fence me in

Just turn me loose
Let me straddle my old saddle
Underneath the Western skies

Let me wander over yonder
Till I see the mountains rise

And gaze at the moon till I lose my senses
And I can't look at hovels and I can't stand fences
Don't fence me in

Oh, give me land, lots of land under starry skies above
Don't fence me in
Let me ride through the wide country that I love
Don't fence me in

And gaze at the moon 'til I lose my senses
I can't look at hobbles and I can't stand fences
Don't fence me in

No, papa, don't fence me in."

She stood twirling a white rose between her fingers, body stiffened against the freezing breeze. Her silk white gloves had been coated in dirt, and she'd kicked off her high heels a few hedgerows back. Victoria began the song over again, gazing off into the horizon.

She wondered what it was like to be the moon, up above so high. All alone, not free to go wherever it liked, forever surveying a kingdom of subjects that it barely knew.

Victoria frowned.

She was the moon.
~~Alyssa Holmes~~

Alyssa heard singing nearby, and her detective brain clicked in, and she followed it. And not too long after that, she found the princess. Oh my... She is... She is amazing.

Victoria sounded so good as a singer, she twirled, although she wasn't wearing the gloves and high heels Alyssa remembered her wearing at the ball. I don't care if I get in trouble. The others can go suck blood for all I care. She approached the princess, still holding the broken crown.

*ahem* She found herself clearing her throat. "Hello. You must be Princess Victoria. It's nice to see you face to face for once. I'm Alyssa Holmes." She fidgeted with the broken crown in her hands, feeling slightly nervous.
Old October 31st, 2023, 07:53 AM
don't eat me

Quote:

~~Alyssa Holmes~~

Alyssa heard singing nearby, and her detective brain clicked in, and she followed it. And not too long after that, she found the princess. Oh my... She is... She is amazing.

Victoria sounded so good as a singer, she twirled, although she wasn't wearing the gloves and high heels Alyssa remembered her wearing at the ball. I don't care if I get in trouble. The others can go suck blood for all I care. She approached the princess, still holding the broken crown.

*ahem* She found herself clearing her throat. "Hello. You must be Princess Victoria. It's nice to see you face to face for once. I'm Alyssa Holmes." She fidgeted with the broken crown in her hands, feeling slightly nervous.
Victoria froze, facing away from the girl who'd spoken to her. She hadn't used any of the rules for greeting a royal - but then again, she didn't really care. The princess turned carefully to face her, eyes wide. She'd never spoken to a commoner before, and to be frank, she had no idea how. Father had always told her that they were not to be trusted, and that they were street scum with no worth.

But Victoria didn't believe that. She knew that everyone was good, deep down inside. She smiled, curtsying. "Yes, that would be me. Shouldn't you be enjoying the ball?" she asked, tilting her head.

Old October 31st, 2023, 07:57 AM
error in the code

Quote:
Victoria froze, facing away from the girl who'd spoken to her. She hadn't used any of the rules for greeting a royal - but then again, she didn't really care. The princess turned carefully to face her, eyes wide. She'd never spoken to a commoner before, and to be frank, she had no idea how. Father had always told her that they were not to be trusted, and that they were street scum with no worth.

But Victoria didn't believe that. She knew that everyone was good, deep down inside. She smiled, curtsying. "Yes, that would be me. Shouldn't you be enjoying the ball?" she asked, tilting her head.
~~Alyssa Holmes~~

Alyssa stared at the princess as she spoke to her. "Balls bore me. I don't know why your parents invited me, I'm not from here. Probably because I was involved in helping catch someone who tried to kill the king like two weeks ago." She said, glancing at the crown. "I travel a lot, I'm a detective for hire, so I don't like fancy stuff. And I think I can tell you don't like being a princess."

She didn't care if it was rude. She was speaking the truth. Victoria didn't like being a princess. It was clear as day. Why else would she be here and not in the ball? Alyssa dropped the broken crown and shoved it into the grass. "And that's ok with me."
Old October 31st, 2023, 08:28 AM
don't eat me

Quote:

~~Alyssa Holmes~~

Alyssa stared at the princess as she spoke to her. "Balls bore me. I don't know why your parents invited me, I'm not from here. Probably because I was involved in helping catch someone who tried to kill the king like two weeks ago." She said, glancing at the crown. "I travel a lot, I'm a detective for hire, so I don't like fancy stuff. And I think I can tell you don't like being a princess."

She didn't care if it was rude. She was speaking the truth. Victoria didn't like being a princess. It was clear as day. Why else would she be here and not in the ball? Alyssa dropped the broken crown and shoved it into the grass. "And that's ok with me."
Victoria had never met somebody so... blunt. The raw truth that laced what this girl said made her a bit uncomfortable. Was it that obvious? She shook her head. "No, that's... that's not true," she said, trying to deny it. "I love being a princess."

Old October 31st, 2023, 08:41 AM
error in the code

Quote:
Victoria had never met somebody so... blunt. The raw truth that laced what this girl said made her a bit uncomfortable. Was it that obvious? She shook her head. "No, that's... that's not true," she said, trying to deny it. "I love being a princess."
~~Alyssa Holmes~~

(If Victoria wants to escape the kingdom, she needs to stop Alyssa from leaving right now or she may lose her only chance)

Alyssa raised an eyebrow at Victoria as she tried to deny it. "Victoria... There is a reason I am one of the best detective in the world. I can read people's mind by just staring at them. I don't like using, and I almost never use it. But I can read people's faces as well. And their voices. How you are out here instead of in the ball, your broken crown, how you are dirty, it's enough for me. I don't need to scan your face. It's almost too obvious to see you don't like being royalty. At least it's obvious for me."

She wondered why this girl hasn't ran away already. She could easily. But... Actually no it wouldn't be easy. Oh well. "Well, I won't be making you feel uncomfortable anymore. I need to get out of here, and go off into the world more. It was great to talk to you, Victoria. You are someone that I am impressed with." She turned and started walking away.
Old October 31st, 2023, 08:47 AM
don't eat me

Quote:

~~Alyssa Holmes~~

(If Victoria wants to escape the kingdom, she needs to stop Alyssa from leaving right now or she may lose her only chance)

Alyssa raised an eyebrow at Victoria as she tried to deny it. "Victoria... There is a reason I am one of the best detective in the world. I can read people's mind by just staring at them. I don't like using, and I almost never use it. But I can read people's faces as well. And their voices. How you are out here instead of in the ball, your broken crown, how you are dirty, it's enough for me. I don't need to scan your face. It's almost too obvious to see you don't like being royalty. At least it's obvious for me."

She wondered why this girl hasn't ran away already. She could easily. But... Actually no it wouldn't be easy. Oh well. "Well, I won't be making you feel uncomfortable anymore. I need to get out of here, and go off into the world more. It was great to talk to you, Victoria. You are someone that I am impressed with." She turned and started walking away.
On impulse, Victoria stepped forward and grabbed Alyssa's sleeve. "Wait," she said quickly, glancing around. "The guards will be out soon. To look for me. Can you... help me? Run away?" she asked quickly, and a little bit desperately. "Please."

She hated having to beg and plead with a commoner.

Old October 31st, 2023, 08:56 AM
error in the code

Quote:
On impulse, Victoria stepped forward and grabbed Alyssa's sleeve. "Wait," she said quickly, glancing around. "The guards will be out soon. To look for me. Can you... help me? Run away?" she asked quickly, and a little bit desperately. "Please."

She hated having to beg and plead with a commoner.
~~Alyssa Holmes~~

Alyssa felt her sleeve be grabbed. She looked back, slightly jerking her body. "What?" She stared at the princess. She wanted her help to escape? "You want me to help you escape the kingdom? Right now?" Alyssa looked left and right. The coast was clear... Was she really going to do this?

"If I'm going to do this, you need to be in a different outfit. Quick. Follow me." She started walking fast towards some heavy hedges.