Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Spring Egg Hunt 2024
Last post by Abyssopelagic
Today 07:43 AM
Rate the Avatar!
by blxze.
Last post by FruitBatz
Today 07:38 AM
Cattail Pond
by BEAR.
Last post by willooowfeather
Today 07:06 AM
Sketches by a plant
Last post by blxze.
Today 07:06 AM

Old January 14th, 2018, 08:05 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWarrior4Life View Post
Gorsepaw nodded then looked at the floor in disgust as ShineFang left. This isn't what I wanted! I thought I was gonna sort herbs or chew them into poultices...but I guess that's all the work of an apprentice...ugh...it's always apprentices isn't it? The apprentice began sweeping All the dirt into a pile in a corner of the den. GorsePaw became angry about what had happened to her, and it wasn't her tail. "Every cat always gets a mentor, whether they're nice or not. Then just when I get a mentor he goes and decides clan life isn't for him! What a selfish...weak...whatever, he wasn't that smart or strong anyway." The tabby screeched her thoughts out loud. ShineFang made her jump when he entered the den with some prey. "All done and cleared up!" The Molly faked a smile.
As Shinefang approached his den with a mouse and shrew in his jaws, he heard speaking coming from his den. It was Gorsepaw's voice, but who was she talking to. But when he peeked around the corner, the shecat was alone. She seemed startled when he entered and immediately dawned a cheerful look. He raised a brow and glanced at the den floor, which looked much better. "Thanks," he said simply, padding forward and dropping the prey in front of the apprentice. "One is for me. Haven't eaten yet today," he explained, leaving the shecat to pick first. The old tom settled down, waiting to paw the remaining scrap closer. "Something on your mind, there?" he asked, knowing full well that there was.

Old January 14th, 2018, 08:13 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post

Juniperpaw smiled up at Shinefang, though it was quite a halfhearted curl of her lips. She was still grieving the loss of the innocent patients, and the disappearances of her mentor and mother. The worst part of them disappearing was that she didn't know if they were alive or dead. Were they alive but suffering? Were they dead and at peace? Or were they alive and happy? There were so many possibilities, but Juniperpaw didn't know which one was true. And she didn't know why either. Why did they disappear? Did they leave willingly? Were they forced? Did Juniperpaw do something to chase them away? She remembered being on negative terms with Geckoleaf, and she also remembered how strained her relationship with her mother became once she earned her apprentice name.

``Okay, Shinefang, I'll keep my chin up. I like to think I'm already pretty good at that,`` Juniperpaw noted, purring softly in response to her self-compliment. Even though the elderly tomcat's words were very much appreciated Juniperpaw didn't find they eased her guilt and sadness by too much. However, it wouldn't stop her from trying to convince Shinefang he'd done well. ``Thank you, really.`` She rose to her paws and slid in front of the yellow tom. Juniperpaw looked up at him shyly, her paws shuffling nervously on the ground. ``I admire you very much, Shinefang; you're my role model and so much more. I don't know what I'd do without you.``
"What's not to admire?" the old tom asked with an amused grin at himself. Then, stretching his jaws in a wide yawn, Shinefang flexed his back and claws, moving slower than a younger cat, and grunting a little with the effort. "Enough serious talk for one day, I think. Did Geckoleaf ever show you how to find burdock root? Ebonyfrost left the roots, but no leaves to tell me what to look for," he explained. "Maybe if you have time, we can do a little gathering," he suggested.

Old January 15th, 2018, 12:56 PM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
As Shinefang approached his den with a mouse and shrew in his jaws, he heard speaking coming from his den. It was Gorsepaw's voice, but who was she talking to. But when he peeked around the corner, the shecat was alone. She seemed startled when he entered and immediately dawned a cheerful look. He raised a brow and glanced at the den floor, which looked much better. "Thanks," he said simply, padding forward and dropping the prey in front of the apprentice. "One is for me. Haven't eaten yet today," he explained, leaving the shecat to pick first. The old tom settled down, waiting to paw the remaining scrap closer. "Something on your mind, there?" he asked, knowing full well that there was.
"Oh nothing too important..." The apprentice mewed, digging into the mouse. "It's just, as a kit, I befriended a warrior named NeverFalter. He wasn't the greatest cat. He was clumsy and kind of weak but he was friendly and good with me. As I grew near to apprentice age, he agreed to mentor me. But within a few days, before we even did one bit of training, he decided clan life wasn't for him and he became a kittypet..." Gorsepaw was becoming angry again but composed herself and continued. "I was actually on my way to speak to GrouseStar about it before I hurt my tail but I stupidly decided to race up the rocks and of course, I slipped and got stuck. Nothing you haven't heard..." She was finally done with her mouse.
Old January 15th, 2018, 02:18 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Shinefang had just finished changing Gorsepaw's cobwebs again. When he had heard the sound of cats entering his den, he had hurried over to receive his new patients and check them for injuries. He hadn't expected this, whatever it was. He watched as the apprentice talked to and playfully rolled around with a stick, chastising it like a parent and mimicking what this tom had said. "Beespirit, right?" Shinefang asked, keeping his eye on the younger cat. "Are you this tom's mentor? Father?" Maybe it was Shinefang's age, but for the life of him, he couldn't seem to remember how each clan member related to one another. Maybe it was just his age.
Beespirit gave a nod letting one eye follow his apprentice,” Yes. I am his mentor.” He meowed he didn’t really know what to say, Logpaw was well, a mistake in Beespirit’s opinion. Truthfully, Beespirit wondered why Starclan allowed a cat like him to be born, ofcourse, he’d never say those beliefs outloud especially not in front of his apprentice, Logpaw. Now, Beespirit always felt guilty about the fact he occassionally lost his temper and shoved Logpaw over, stormed off in frusteration, or snapped whatever stick Logpaw was carrying around that day in half. He knew whenever he found a stick, it was Logpaw’s only friend, but he still had a right to get frusterated, sometimes he concidered resigning from mentoring him, but if he feared that if he failed Logpaw, he’d never get a ‘normal’ apprentice ever.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old January 15th, 2018, 06:26 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Quote:
"What's not to admire?" the old tom asked with an amused grin at himself. Then, stretching his jaws in a wide yawn, Shinefang flexed his back and claws, moving slower than a younger cat, and grunting a little with the effort. "Enough serious talk for one day, I think. Did Geckoleaf ever show you how to find burdock root? Ebonyfrost left the roots, but no leaves to tell me what to look for," he explained. "Maybe if you have time, we can do a little gathering," he suggested.
Juniperpaw, like any other time Shinefang decided to be funny, simply rolled her eyes, but she also felt herself smile at his sense of humor. ``Yeah, I have time. Geckoleaf didn't really get around to teach me much, but Daydream did. Daydream says you can find burdock root by scratching a tree and seeing what color it is on the underside of the gray bark.`` She felt sorta sad talking about the ShadowClan medicine cat whose friendship she feared she lost, but she opted for trying to ignore it and instead focusing on what was happening now.
Old January 15th, 2018, 06:31 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWarrior4Life View Post
"Oh nothing too important..." The apprentice mewed, digging into the mouse. "It's just, as a kit, I befriended a warrior named NeverFalter. He wasn't the greatest cat. He was clumsy and kind of weak but he was friendly and good with me. As I grew near to apprentice age, he agreed to mentor me. But within a few days, before we even did one bit of training, he decided clan life wasn't for him and he became a kittypet..." Gorsepaw was becoming angry again but composed herself and continued. "I was actually on my way to speak to GrouseStar about it before I hurt my tail but I stupidly decided to race up the rocks and of course, I slipped and got stuck. Nothing you haven't heard..." She was finally done with her mouse.
Shinefang chewed on his bite of shrew as he listened to the apprentice speak. "Sounds like you got a raw deal," he said simply. "A paw without a mentor... it seems like it happens often enough, but its a real shame." The old tom ate his last bite and sat thoughtfully for a moment. "Once you're healed, I bet Grousestar will be able to set you up with a new mentor though. Someone who will actually train you." Shinefang got to his feet with a grunt, his joints creaking as he stood. It was time for his morning dose of willow bark. He made his way to the herb wall and pulled down a piece, chewing on the gritty stuff, with displeasure. "In the mean time, my den is your den. How's your tail? Any pain?"

Old January 15th, 2018, 06:36 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018 Okapi View Post
Beespirit gave a nod letting one eye follow his apprentice,” Yes. I am his mentor.” He meowed he didn’t really know what to say, Logpaw was well, a mistake in Beespirit’s opinion. Truthfully, Beespirit wondered why Starclan allowed a cat like him to be born, ofcourse, he’d never say those beliefs outloud especially not in front of his apprentice, Logpaw. Now, Beespirit always felt guilty about the fact he occassionally lost his temper and shoved Logpaw over, stormed off in frusteration, or snapped whatever stick Logpaw was carrying around that day in half. He knew whenever he found a stick, it was Logpaw’s only friend, but he still had a right to get frusterated, sometimes he concidered resigning from mentoring him, but if he feared that if he failed Logpaw, he’d never get a ‘normal’ apprentice ever.
Swhinefang looked at the apprentice with a twitch of his ear. "Has he always acted like this? Did this start after he got sick or injured?" he asked bluntly. The younger cat acted the way he might expect a kit to act: playing pretend, and acting out what he saw older cats doing. But it was strange for him to be doing it at his age. Normally apprentices were hard at work with training and trying to act as much like an older cat as possible. "Had his parents noticed anything before you became his mentor?"

Old January 15th, 2018, 08:29 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post

Juniperpaw, like any other time Shinefang decided to be funny, simply rolled her eyes, but she also felt herself smile at his sense of humor. ``Yeah, I have time. Geckoleaf didn't really get around to teach me much, but Daydream did. Daydream says you can find burdock root by scratching a tree and seeing what color it is on the underside of the gray bark.`` She felt sorta sad talking about the ShadowClan medicine cat whose friendship she feared she lost, but she opted for trying to ignore it and instead focusing on what was happening now.
"Sounds simple enough. What do you say we do some gathering before you have to be on your way?" Shinefang asked. Keen to spend some time out of his den and get out into the territory. He wanted to spend a bit of time away from that empty nest in his den. And besides, he liked speaking to the younger cat. Spending time reminded him of his days as a warrior mentor. But of course, he'd be learning from her as well.

Old January 16th, 2018, 02:14 AM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Quote:
Shinefang chewed on his bite of shrew as he listened to the apprentice speak. "Sounds like you got a raw deal," he said simply. "A paw without a mentor... it seems like it happens often enough, but its a real shame." The old tom ate his last bite and sat thoughtfully for a moment. "Once you're healed, I bet Grousestar will be able to set you up with a new mentor though. Someone who will actually train you." Shinefang got to his feet with a grunt, his joints creaking as he stood. It was time for his morning dose of willow bark. He made his way to the herb wall and pulled down a piece, chewing on the gritty stuff, with displeasure. "In the mean time, my den is your den. How's your tail? Any pain?"
"Not so far. Nothing extremely painful anyway. A few little throbs every now and then and if I knock it it hurts but it's surprisingly, healing quickly. Ha, what do you think my warrior name would be? GorseTail? I like that name...I'm not offended by it. I want to wear my scars like trophies!" The brown tabby mewed triumphantly, checking begin her to make sure she didn't disturb the other patients.
Old January 16th, 2018, 02:10 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Swhinefang looked at the apprentice with a twitch of his ear. "Has he always acted like this? Did this start after he got sick or injured?" he asked bluntly. The younger cat acted the way he might expect a kit to act: playing pretend, and acting out what he saw older cats doing. But it was strange for him to be doing it at his age. Normally apprentices were hard at work with training and trying to act as much like an older cat as possible. "Had his parents noticed anything before you became his mentor?"
(Let’s try to get better than a 1-liner, IDK why I’m writing one-liners when before that I was writing 2 paragraphs)

Beespirit paused,” He never actually had known parents.” He murmered, glancing at him,” He’s always been like this.” He added,” atleast since I’ve been his mentor.” He meowed, more bluntly,” You can see how it’s hard to teach him to hunt and fight.”

Logpaw scampered around as if he was carefree tossing his stick in the air and catching it.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here