Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
✩Star's Mass YCH Trade!✩
Last post by blxze.
Today 07:25 AM
Whac-A-Mink [WC/ShC]
Last post by MockingRabbit
Today 07:22 AM
WindClan Nursery
by Ian
Last post by Starphobia
Today 07:09 AM
two slow dancers ||...
Last post by MockingRabbit
Today 06:44 AM

Old March 10th, 2024, 04:39 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Whenever!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: RiverClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink.ghostface View Post
★彡 StrawberryPaw 彡★
| She/Her | 7 moons | Purrks: N/A | Bisexual | Appretince |
Orange-coated tabby with a pinkish undertone and green eyes.
She was either wildly naive or dangerously intelligent.

@Theraphosa

StrawberryPaw was thrilled to be going on a swimming training session with SeaBreeze. She had been feeling cooped up in camp and was longing for some adventure. As they walked, she couldn't help but feel happy about learning how to swim. ' ' Up to? Oh, you know, just the usual training and hunting stuff,' ' she said with a cheerful tone. ' ' Thanks for doing this with me, SeaBreeze. It's really cool to learn new things and spend time outside of camp,' ' she said, green eyes scanning around the territory, it wasn't her first time out of camp, but it wasn't like she was familiar with the territory.

Seabreeze
He/him | Riverclan Warrior | Moons: 15 | Purrks: Go with the Flow | The Collector | Ultimate Predator |
“Ocean waters rising above your neck
You feel the glass start to crack.”

Seabreeze smiled, continuing through the familiar territory to a little swimming hollow where the younger cat can get her pews wet without worrying about the river getting too feisty. "Of course, always happy to help." Eventually, the two arrive at a medium sized pond type area with water deep enough to swim in without having any waves to worry about. It had some river reeds and cattails along its bank but the inside was mostly clear of debris. The tom took a few bounds in front of the apprentice and flicked his ears towards the pond, "Here we are, this is a good spot to start. Before we hop in I have some things I want to go through first."

There are some important things about swimming that the apprentice should know first. Proper technique, then application of knowledge, and then river safety. A bunch of boring things were going to be in the lesson but important things to know. Seabreeze sat down in front of the water and waited for the apprentice to give him her attention, which he answered with a pleased expression, "Let's get the boring parts out of the way first. When you are swimming it tends to be what works for you built upon the basics. Starting first, when in the water, your hind legs tend to be doing most of the actual swimming and speed work while your front paws are good for directing yourself and keeping your head above water."

Seabreeze stood up as he finished the small lecture and stepped into the water, a relieved sigh escaped his mouth as he fell into the familiar motions of swimming. He demonstrated by swimming to the other side of the pond. Kicking strongly with his back legs, with his front paws paddling to keep his chin out of water and then taking wider swipes with his left forepaw to turn his direction back to the bank and swim back to where Strawberrypaw stood. As he exited the water, Seabreeze shook out his fur.

"It also helps to hold your paws like this," Seabreeze held out his paw which had all his toes partially spread out so the webs between them are able to catch water, "Some cats have more webbing than others but all cats have some and helps catch water. Now, I want you to try, I'll swim alongside you but all cats-especially Riverclan- tend to have instincts for swimming, lessons just help us get better."
Old March 10th, 2024, 06:14 PM
Your Local Spider

Seabreeze
He/him | Riverclan Warrior | Moons: 15 | Purrks: Go with the Flow | The Collector | Ultimate Predator |

Seabreeze nodded to his patrol and stood to lead them out of the clearing and out into the territory, leading the trio towards the more open clearings towards the Windclan border. The tom remained quiet awkwardly, not knowing how to start conversation and but really in the mood to try and end up butchering it as he knew he would. Instead, Seabreeze scanned the area and eventually in a clearing that had a few trees, he came to a stop on bi-colored paws and turned to his patrol, "Alright, Minkpaw, I assume you won't need any help. If you would aim for daisies that would be great. Fallenwish," The tom spoke turning to the other warrior, "If you would focus on collecting moss that would be preferred. Let's all meet back here after collecting what we can."

Seabreeze flicked an ear, trying not to betray his nervousness to his clan mates. That was straight forward enough he imagines. "Stay within earshot of each other, I'll search for a bit of both herbs. Minkpaw, would you like for one of us to accompany you?" He didn't mean it in doubt of Minkpaw's capabilities, but rather the fact that he wasn't sure exactly how confident Minkpaw felt in the territory yet. He had no clue how far into training Minkpaw was. This is a safer part of the territory and if they all listened and remained nearby they would have no issues with any sort of conflict. Or at least they shouldn't.
[ @al3cc766 - Minkpaw | @shoomy! - Fallenwish ]
[Let me know if I do something wrong, this is only my second patrol thus far /w\]

Last edited by Dolomedes; March 10th, 2024 at 06:15 PM.
Old March 12th, 2024, 02:31 PM
Scuttling in the basement

Bump Policy: When the stars align (2 days, 1 if urgent)
My Mood: Asleep

Fallenwish wobbled across the territory, asking for Strawberrypaw to follow. "At first, Ill do the talking, if we meet someone. If I need your help, I'll call you." She said. "Just mark the border." She said.
@lys.luvbot

"Tomatoes are in the same family as some of the world's deadliest poisons. That just goes to show how rebellious tomatoes are."
"What about how the apple can fall far from the tree?"
"No, sometimes the tomato falls from the plant."

Ɛ> Toyhouse <3
Old March 12th, 2024, 02:43 PM
'merp'

Bump Policy: ✧I don't do things unless I'm bumped soooooo
My Mood: In Love

★彡 StrawberryPaw 彡★
❝ She was either wildly naive or dangerously intelligent. ❞

@Theraphosa

StrawberryPaw was excited to learn how to swim. She had always been fascinated by the water, but had never been brave enough to venture out too far. She had seen how Seabreeze moved effortlessly through the water, and she wanted to be able to do the same. As she stepped into the water, she felt a wave of nervousness wash over her. The water was deeper than she expected, and the current was stronger. She tried to mimic Seabreeze's movements, but her legs felt weak and uncoordinated. She felt like she was flailing around in the water and going nowhere.

Seabreeze had shown her how to use her tail to keep her balance and how to paddle with her paws. StrawberryPaw was still nervous, but with Seabreeze's guidance, she was slowly gaining confidence. As They swam back and forth across the river, with Seabreeze never leaving StrawberryPaw's side. Slowly but surely, StrawberryPaw began to feel more comfortable in the water. She kicked her back legs harder and used her front paws to steer herself. She was still far from perfect, but she was getting there.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✭・゜・。.

My characters!

Old March 12th, 2024, 02:48 PM
'merp'

★彡 StrawberryPaw 彡★

@hades.

[We'll wait a second before she gets hurt]

StrawberryPaw nodded eagerly. Her first patrol! Hopefully the first of many! She smiled as she trotted around the territory, taking in some of the scents and surroundings. ' ' MHM! I got it! Don't worry FallenWish, I'll be the best-est patrol partner ever! ' '

.・。.・゜✭・.・✭・゜・。.

My characters!

Old March 12th, 2024, 10:35 PM
Your Local Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by lys.luvbot View Post
★彡 StrawberryPaw 彡★

@Theraphosa

StrawberryPaw was excited to learn how to swim. She had always been fascinated by the water, but had never been brave enough to venture out too far. She had seen how Seabreeze moved effortlessly through the water, and she wanted to be able to do the same. As she stepped into the water, she felt a wave of nervousness wash over her. The water was deeper than she expected, and the current was stronger. She tried to mimic Seabreeze's movements, but her legs felt weak and uncoordinated. She felt like she was flailing around in the water and going nowhere.

Seabreeze had shown her how to use her tail to keep her balance and how to paddle with her paws. StrawberryPaw was still nervous, but with Seabreeze's guidance, she was slowly gaining confidence. As They swam back and forth across the river, with Seabreeze never leaving StrawberryPaw's side. Slowly but surely, StrawberryPaw began to feel more comfortable in the water. She kicked her back legs harder and used her front paws to steer herself. She was still far from perfect, but she was getting there.

Seabreeze

Strawberrypaw was natural in the water just like most Riverclan cats! It made Seabreeze purr in pride as he watched the young molly get the hang of swimming in just a few laps. As Strawberrypaw seemed to really nail it, the warrior decided that it was time to cover some river specific things. The sandy grey-blue tom pulled himself up to shore as the pair completed their last lap. His water filled fur weighed him down, lessened only slightly after a thorough shake. Perhaps that is one good thing about losing his tail, it was much later after a good swim now.

Calling to the apprentice, he waited for the she-cat to come from the water as well before getting into another lecture, "Now then, right now, we have been practicing in a pond but there are some differences between a pond and the river. For one, the current, most times currents are pretty calm Greenleaf and leaffall seemed to have the calmest river, leafbare the river tends to freeze and you shouldn't be going in the freezing water- if you are caught in it for too long or can't warm up then you can get hypothermia which isn't pretty, fatal even." While Seabreeze didn't want to scare the apprentice this was still important to know.

"The river tends to have more rushes in newleaf. If you ever find yourself caught in a flood or in a strong current the first thing you should do is make sure you don't freak out. Take deep breaths when you can and control it, then work with the current not against it. Swim with the current at an angle and work yourself out of the water and then get up and away as quickly as you can. After that, keep an eye out- flash floods are horrid things and sometimes the water can really get up the banks."

Seabreeze finished his lecture and turned his full attention to Strawberrypaw, checking to see if the she-cat really understood how important this part of the lesson was even if it seemed more boring than actual swimming.
Old March 12th, 2024, 10:57 PM
'merp'

★彡 StrawberryPaw 彡★

@Theraphosa

Strawberrypaw felt eager as she paddled through the water, her fur heavy with the weight of the river. She was a natural in the water like many of the RiverClan cats, but she was still confused about some aspects of swimming. As she made her way to the shore, she noticed that Seabreeze had already gotten out of the water and was waiting for her. She knew that swimming was an important skill for any RiverClan cat, and she was determined to become the best swimmer she could be. How else would she be a RiverClan cat if she couldn't swim?!

As Seabreeze started to explain some of the differences between swimming in a pond and in the river, Strawberrypaw listened intently. Her green eyes were locked with his blue ones, she nodded as she took in the information. ' ' Okay, so I shouldn't swim in the river during leafbare,' ' Strawberrypaw said, trying to remember everything Seabreeze was telling her. ' ' And if I get caught in a strong current, I should swim with the current at an angle and work myself out of the water. Got it.' ' The orange-striped molly wanted to be as mature as possible, especially around the warrior who would be training her, it was important to her to have fun but also keep a certain image. Strawberrypaw was eager to put what she had learned into practice, even if it meant dealing with her heavy fur. She looked the warrior ahead of her waiting to hear whatever he had next.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✭・゜・。.

My characters!

Old March 13th, 2024, 07:05 AM
revenge is a fools game

Status: "we can be all poetic and just lose our minds together"
Bump Policy: 2days, 24hours if time sensitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theraphosa View Post

Seabreeze

Seabreeze nodded to his patrol and stood to lead them out of the clearing and out into the territory, leading the trio towards the more open clearings towards the Windclan border. The tom remained quiet awkwardly, not knowing how to start conversation and but really in the mood to try and end up butchering it as he knew he would. Instead, Seabreeze scanned the area and eventually in a clearing that had a few trees, he came to a stop on bi-colored paws and turned to his patrol, "Alright, Minkpaw, I assume you won't need any help. If you would aim for daisies that would be great. Fallenwish," The tom spoke turning to the other warrior, "If you would focus on collecting moss that would be preferred. Let's all meet back here after collecting what we can."

Seabreeze flicked an ear, trying not to betray his nervousness to his clan mates. That was straight forward enough he imagines. "Stay within earshot of each other, I'll search for a bit of both herbs. Minkpaw, would you like for one of us to accompany you?" He didn't mean it in doubt of Minkpaw's capabilities, but rather the fact that he wasn't sure exactly how confident Minkpaw felt in the territory yet. He had no clue how far into training Minkpaw was. This is a safer part of the territory and if they all listened and remained nearby they would have no issues with any sort of conflict. Or at least they shouldn't.
[ @al3cc766 - Minkpaw | @shoomy! - Fallenwish ]
[Let me know if I do something wrong, this is only my second patrol thus far /w\]

(im aiming for at least 3 posts for this but im open to having sea and mink interact a bit n draw it out)

->> minkpaw [she/they, rc apprentice, 12moons] <<-
a dark blueish grey bengal-patterned she cat with silver eyes

minkpaw hummed quietly to herself, trotting a few tail lengths behind the group and enjoying the silence for once, just the breeze and lull of the various sounds filling the territory melting together. she felt oddly light despite her all but present time asleep the fast few days and the emotional distress and confusion following the raid. perhaps today would be a good day.
"yup yup, i'll see what i can find" she mumbled briefly, almost turning to look around already when the toms voice made its way to her again, "i can accompany you if it makes you feel better" they replied neutrally, pausing in her movement to look at seabreeze. she felt a bit ridiculous being indirectly told to glue herself to one of the warriors sides, not only because she had lead patrols before but because she was quite sure she knew more herbs than the two warriors..besides, he was only 3 moons older than her.. it was too bad though, restricting for sure but she'd only have to wait a little while longer until she was maybe gonna earn her warrior name..no matter how little she actually wanted that darn name she was surely looking forward to being able to leave camp alone.

@shoomy! - Fallenwish ]
#alecpawtrol24

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
my bios | minks requirements | art store

Last edited by alec; March 13th, 2024 at 01:14 PM.
Old March 13th, 2024, 02:00 PM
Your Local Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by lys.luvbot View Post
★彡 StrawberryPaw 彡★

@Theraphosa

Strawberrypaw felt eager as she paddled through the water, her fur heavy with the weight of the river. She was a natural in the water like many of the RiverClan cats, but she was still confused about some aspects of swimming. As she made her way to the shore, she noticed that Seabreeze had already gotten out of the water and was waiting for her. She knew that swimming was an important skill for any RiverClan cat, and she was determined to become the best swimmer she could be. How else would she be a RiverClan cat if she couldn't swim?!

As Seabreeze started to explain some of the differences between swimming in a pond and in the river, Strawberrypaw listened intently. Her green eyes were locked with his blue ones, she nodded as she took in the information. ' ' Okay, so I shouldn't swim in the river during leafbare,' ' Strawberrypaw said, trying to remember everything Seabreeze was telling her. ' ' And if I get caught in a strong current, I should swim with the current at an angle and work myself out of the water. Got it.' ' The orange-striped molly wanted to be as mature as possible, especially around the warrior who would be training her, it was important to her to have fun but also keep a certain image. Strawberrypaw was eager to put what she had learned into practice, even if it meant dealing with her heavy fur. She looked the warrior ahead of her waiting to hear whatever he had next.

Seabreeze

Seabreeze nodded with a purr as the apprentice repeated the important points he had given. He looked over his shoulder briefly further into the territory before turning his blue eyes back to Strawberrypaw, “Now then, I’d prefer for your mentor to take you out for another shorter lesson in the river, it tends to be different going from no current to a current so I’d prefer for you to have supervision. When it warms up- also wait for a calmer day of course, because as the ice from leafbare melts all that water makes the river more active.” As much as he wanted to show the apprentice what swimming in the river felt like and how freeing it can be, it would be entirely too dangerous for such little reward and completely hypocritical given the lecture he just gave. For now, the pond would suffice until another swimming lesson can be held for the river.

The tom shook out his thick pelt and smiled at the apprentice, “Do you have any questions or do you want to continue practicing now? I think you should try a lap with me a bit further away and then when you feel confident, on your own.” Strawberrypaw would make quite the warrior, Seabreeze thought. She seemed to see the importance of the lesson and has taken to learning like a fish to water despite the original hesitation the molly had. Seabreeze was proud of her. Hopefully, the rest of her training goes just as smoothly, or with the same patience that Strawberrypaw showed swimming.
Old March 13th, 2024, 04:14 PM
'merp'

★彡 StrawberryPaw 彡★
She was either wildly naive or dangerously intelligent.

@Theraphosa

StrawberryPaw's heart raced with excitement as SeaBreeze began to explain the intricacies of swimming. As SeaBreeze spoke, she listened intently, nodding her head in agreement with every word he said. She was a bit nervous about the prospect of swimming in the river, but she trusted his judgment. StrawberryPaw was determined to learn how to swim properly, even if it meant starting out in the pond. She couldn't wait to dive into the water and begin her swimming lessons.

When SeaBreeze asked if she had any questions, StrawberryPaw thought for a moment before speaking up. ' ' I think I understand everything,' ' she meowed, ' ' but can we practice a little more before I try swimming on my own? I want to make sure I'm doing everything right.' ' She said with a smile as she kept her emerald eyes on SeaBreeze, they seemed to be a good warrior, even if they weren't as old as some of the other warriors.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✭・゜・。.

My characters!