Last post by SeonghwasBunnyEars
Today 06:51 AM

Old August 12th, 2019, 12:10 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: RiverClan Leader's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post
"Really? I can do all that?" It was easy to see the surprise light up on his face as he half-mumbled the question to himself. Though as he absorbed the information from Grousestar, Frostflight's demeanor seemed to change completely. His muscles relaxed from their tensed position as he met the other's gaze with a nervous smile. There was something scary about how comforting Grouse was, but he wouldn't complain at all. With all the chaos of the move, Lion snapping at every turn, and Fallen's complete silence towards him... Frostflight felt validated. It felt good to know others shared his confusion, his worry. The interpretation Grousestar shared with him made sense and for a moment his belly swirled with guilt at the thought of his friends in Riverclan... Snowybreeze, Mintflower, Fawnpaw and even Lionstorm. Would he have to renounce his relationships to preserve the Skyclan name? It was silly, but the feline found himself choked up at the thought.. He didn't want to leave them behind so easily, especially not Snowybreeze...

"I suppose it would have been easier if I was originally from Skyclan," he commented in amusement, though his ear flattened against his head, giving away his disappointment. "I feel like I'm on the fence right now... Riverclan doesn't like me because I betrayed them and Skyclan is wary of me because I'm originally from Riverclan..." Frostflight gave an awkward lick of his chest fur before letting out a quiet sigh. There was no use worrying about it for now. He was here to learn from Grousestar, they could chat about their problems later! "So," his words were slow with thought, "I know that it's my duty to perform ceremonies, conduct patrols and make announcements, but is there anything else I should know? Er... any other responsibilities?"
Grousestar would smile a little brighter upon hearing the mumbled question, glad to hear that it helped to clarify something for his deputy. And he couldn't help but notice the change in demeanor, which was another good sign. It must have been something that was really bothering the younger tom, and for a moment, Grousestar felt guilt again. He should have had this talk sooner instead of letting a whole moon go by of Frostflight wandering around blindly, unsure of what he was to be doing, unsure of where the clan stood, and unsure about himself. The leader let the guilt fade, because at the very least he was answering the question now, and he had already apologized, it would be of no use to apologize again. Remaining quiet, the brown tabby allowed the information to sink in for his deputy, gave him time to let it process.

"I... Suppose yes, it would have been easier but.. I had, and still do have a good feeling about you Frostflight. You are a goodhearted cat that will be ready when the time comes, to take my place. I will do my best to pass on all of my knowledge before you do have to step up, but never be afraid to ask me questions," though the comment was meant to be in amusement, Grousestar found it hard, at the moment, to laugh. "It will probably be like that for a little while, the best advice I can offer you is to prove to them what you proved to me. They will come to respect you and see you as deputy, just give it time."
Stretching his back legs out slightly in his nest, Grousestar allowed himself to get a bit more comfortable, his eyes clenching shut momentarily as he forced back a yawn of contentment. "Get to know your clanmates. Try to be an active part of their lives. When I was younger, I always did my best to talk to as many cats as possible, to see what ailed them, to see how they were feeling. While you do rank above them, don't treat them as if you do. Treat them as if they were your equals."

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old August 14th, 2019, 05:33 PM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cannibal View Post
Grousestar would smile a little brighter upon hearing the mumbled question, glad to hear that it helped to clarify something for his deputy. And he couldn't help but notice the change in demeanor, which was another good sign. It must have been something that was really bothering the younger tom, and for a moment, Grousestar felt guilt again. He should have had this talk sooner instead of letting a whole moon go by of Frostflight wandering around blindly, unsure of what he was to be doing, unsure of where the clan stood, and unsure about himself. The leader let the guilt fade, because at the very least he was answering the question now, and he had already apologized, it would be of no use to apologize again. Remaining quiet, the brown tabby allowed the information to sink in for his deputy, gave him time to let it process.

"I... Suppose yes, it would have been easier but.. I had, and still do have a good feeling about you Frostflight. You are a goodhearted cat that will be ready when the time comes, to take my place. I will do my best to pass on all of my knowledge before you do have to step up, but never be afraid to ask me questions," though the comment was meant to be in amusement, Grousestar found it hard, at the moment, to laugh. "It will probably be like that for a little while, the best advice I can offer you is to prove to them what you proved to me. They will come to respect you and see you as deputy, just give it time."
Stretching his back legs out slightly in his nest, Grousestar allowed himself to get a bit more comfortable, his eyes clenching shut momentarily as he forced back a yawn of contentment. "Get to know your clanmates. Try to be an active part of their lives. When I was younger, I always did my best to talk to as many cats as possible, to see what ailed them, to see how they were feeling. While you do rank above them, don't treat them as if you do. Treat them as if they were your equals."
There it was. That feeling again. The warmth rising in his chest that made everything wrong in the world melt away. Knowing that someone had faith in him, someone believed he could do more than menial work. Frostflight hadn't felt alright for a long time, but in this moment he felt... ok. "Prove to them? Get to know them?" He mirrored the other's words in thought, meeting his gaze. " Should I do something with them then? I've been wanting to try to get to know everyone," admittedly, Frostflight still didn't everyone's names. With all the confusion and lack of understanding of his role, he'd been playing it low. But... being able to make announcements? Give clan-mates their warrior names and the like? He'd have to make up for all this lost time!

"I don't think I've thought myself better than anyone else," Frostflight gave a soft laugh, nodding his head. "but, I understand what you mean." As much as he hated Lionstorm right now, he seemed to be very involved in literally all aspects of Riverclan - even skyclan-, but he was definitely not personable. Granted, Frost had no room to talk. Just ten moons ago, he would have bitten the head off of anyone who tried to tell him what was what. The silver tabby leaned forward, lifting his paw to give it a few rough licks, dragging it over his ear a few times with ease. The next question that he had... was a nervewracking one... and with Shinefang's death it felt uncomfortable, but it had to be discussed. "So," nudging his paw into the floor of the den, the deputy met Grousestar with a hesitant glance, "...will you be appointing a new medicine cat with Shinefang's passing? I know it's not urgent since we have Shiverpetal in camp, but... do you think Skyclan would feel more comfortable having a feline they trust giving them aid?"

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart
Old August 18th, 2019, 09:29 PM
Lovable Cannibal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post
There it was. That feeling again. The warmth rising in his chest that made everything wrong in the world melt away. Knowing that someone had faith in him, someone believed he could do more than menial work. Frostflight hadn't felt alright for a long time, but in this moment he felt... ok. "Prove to them? Get to know them?" He mirrored the other's words in thought, meeting his gaze. " Should I do something with them then? I've been wanting to try to get to know everyone," admittedly, Frostflight still didn't everyone's names. With all the confusion and lack of understanding of his role, he'd been playing it low. But... being able to make announcements? Give clan-mates their warrior names and the like? He'd have to make up for all this lost time!

"I don't think I've thought myself better than anyone else," Frostflight gave a soft laugh, nodding his head. "but, I understand what you mean." As much as he hated Lionstorm right now, he seemed to be very involved in literally all aspects of Riverclan - even skyclan-, but he was definitely not personable. Granted, Frost had no room to talk. Just ten moons ago, he would have bitten the head off of anyone who tried to tell him what was what. The silver tabby leaned forward, lifting his paw to give it a few rough licks, dragging it over his ear a few times with ease. The next question that he had... was a nervewracking one... and with Shinefang's death it felt uncomfortable, but it had to be discussed. "So," nudging his paw into the floor of the den, the deputy met Grousestar with a hesitant glance, "...will you be appointing a new medicine cat with Shinefang's passing? I know it's not urgent since we have Shiverpetal in camp, but... do you think Skyclan would feel more comfortable having a feline they trust giving them aid?"
As his words were mirrored, Grousestar would nod his head in confirmation, almost willing the other tom to ask more questions. And thankfully, that's exactly what happened. The more Frostflight asked questions, the more the leader could help him, and right at this moment, that's all the brown tabby wanted. "Certainly! In fact, I was contemplating the idea of perhaps getting both the clans together for a little social event. Just to simmer down any tension there might be between us. After all, we're sharing the same area, may as well make peace and not trouble. Perhaps you'd be interested in helping me arrange it?" The leader's eyes glimmered with the idea of having two clans peacefully eat together, and to have a social event. He's always loved being able to talk to others and believed that it would certainly be good for both Riverclan and Skyclan.

Quietly, he watched his deputy ponder on his next question, drawing a paw over his ear; the leader briefly looking away, in the direction of the den entrance, trying to think of any other helpful advice he could offer the other off the top of his head. But truthfully, it was a learning experience. Every deputy was different and special in their own way, he himself didn't have much of an opportunity to indulge in the life of a deputy before he was forced to take over the clan. His attention would be brought back to Frostflight as he began to speak again, ears swiveled in his direction to hear him better. To be truthful, it wasn't a question he was expecting, and the surprise and pain was evident in his gaze that he quickly turned toward the floor. For a long moment, he was silent.
"We.. We do need our own medicine cat I.." There was a soft sigh as he glanced to the other tom, then away again. "I don't know who to choose. I was hoping that perhaps Starclan can guide me in the choice.. Perhaps even Shinefang can guide me.. But I agree, we can't leave Shiverpetal to care for both clans."

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old August 19th, 2019, 02:47 PM
Lovable Cannibal

@Starfall

Though Fallenstar was a particularly difficult tom to get acquainted to, Grousestar found that he wasn't nervous when he approached the other leader's side of the den in order to speak to him. In fact, he felt completely at ease. The younger tom didn't frighten him, though they did once share animosity towards each other; he hoped they were past that because currently, he had plans on trying to ease the tension between the two clans.
"Fallenstar, might a share a word with you? I have an idea I'd like to discuss, that would involve both of our clans in a beneficial way," his voice was kept light in a friendly, conversational manner as his head dipped in both greeting and mutual respect. He would remain standing until Fallenstar motioned for him to settle down, there was still the possibility that the other tom would send him away, though the probability was minuscule. They were above petty acts of wishing to ignore the other, or at least he hoped so. He hoped that Fallenstar had grown as a cat and would let past differences remain in the past. If not, then he feared for the sake of both of their clans.

Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old August 22nd, 2019, 02:24 AM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
@Starfall

Though Fallenstar was a particularly difficult tom to get acquainted to, Grousestar found that he wasn't nervous when he approached the other leader's side of the den in order to speak to him. In fact, he felt completely at ease. The younger tom didn't frighten him, though they did once share animosity towards each other; he hoped they were past that because currently, he had plans on trying to ease the tension between the two clans.
"Fallenstar, might a share a word with you? I have an idea I'd like to discuss, that would involve both of our clans in a beneficial way," his voice was kept light in a friendly, conversational manner as his head dipped in both greeting and mutual respect. He would remain standing until Fallenstar motioned for him to settle down, there was still the possibility that the other tom would send him away, though the probability was minuscule. They were above petty acts of wishing to ignore the other, or at least he hoped so. He hoped that Fallenstar had grown as a cat and would let past differences remain in the past. If not, then he feared for the sake of both of their clans.

The ebony tom had his nose tucked beneath his tail, and was curled into a tight ball. He was tired. Emotionally drained, but then again, with recent events, when was he not? So when he heard his name come from the older leader he was now sharing a den with, he couldn't help but let out a deep exhale and give the other an annoyed look. "When you say beneficial, do you mean, help Riverclan a little and Skyclan more? Because so far..." the leader trailed off as he waved his paw towards the entrance. Almost as if to say 'It's a mess out there.'

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us
Old August 22nd, 2019, 01:53 PM
Lovable Cannibal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfall View Post

The ebony tom had his nose tucked beneath his tail, and was curled into a tight ball. He was tired. Emotionally drained, but then again, with recent events, when was he not? So when he heard his name come from the older leader he was now sharing a den with, he couldn't help but let out a deep exhale and give the other an annoyed look. "When you say beneficial, do you mean, help Riverclan a little and Skyclan more? Because so far..." the leader trailed off as he waved his paw towards the entrance. Almost as if to say 'It's a mess out there.'
Grousestar could understand the other leaders exhaustion, there was a point in every leaders life, if they managed to last longer than a few moons, in which the weight of the clan truly weighed on you. Sometimes the weight felt too much to bare and leaders resigned, or completely left clan life. But some could make it through. Fallenstar had always seemed like a strong-willed cat, and despite his brash behavior, he was good to his clan. He was a good leader for them. And he hoped that he would live a long and prosperous life, but that was besides the point he came her to talk about.
The annoyed look was acknowledged and promptly dismissed, the younger tom was an easy one to annoy. At this point though, Grousestar couldn't bring himself to get upset at his annoyance. Not everyone was like him after all, and even he at some point, would get annoyed.
At the question though, the brown tabby's eyes sparkled just a bit, in joy. "For both. I am thinking that it will help alleviate tensions, and offer some much needed social time. Would you be willing to hear me out?"
Sitting down, Grousestar curled his tail over his paws, waiting for Fallenstar to give him the go-ahead to start speaking his idea.

Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old August 22nd, 2019, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Grousestar could understand the other leaders exhaustion, there was a point in every leaders life, if they managed to last longer than a few moons, in which the weight of the clan truly weighed on you. Sometimes the weight felt too much to bare and leaders resigned, or completely left clan life. But some could make it through. Fallenstar had always seemed like a strong-willed cat, and despite his brash behavior, he was good to his clan. He was a good leader for them. And he hoped that he would live a long and prosperous life, but that was besides the point he came her to talk about.
The annoyed look was acknowledged and promptly dismissed, the younger tom was an easy one to annoy. At this point though, Grousestar couldn't bring himself to get upset at his annoyance. Not everyone was like him after all, and even he at some point, would get annoyed.
At the question though, the brown tabby's eyes sparkled just a bit, in joy. "For both. I am thinking that it will help alleviate tensions, and offer some much needed social time. Would you be willing to hear me out?"
Sitting down, Grousestar curled his tail over his paws, waiting for Fallenstar to give him the go-ahead to start speaking his idea.

At the Skyclan tom's excited look, the younger feline felt his skin crawl. He'd never actually seen Grousestar look so happy. It creeped him out. However as he spoke, he felt his interest pique. The ladder shifted so he was now fully facing the brown tabby, ears angled forwards as he listened. 'Had Grousestar been thinking about how to fix the tensions between their clans the whole time?' he asked himself. Fallenstar didn't even think about it, he just let them annoy and detest one another. After all Riverclan had a reason to.

"I'll listen...but the second it becomes something I don't like, or something that wouldn't help Riverclan just as much as it would Skyclan I'm shooting it down." he said promptly, making it very clear that he didn't want any more chaotic messes like the one outside his den, in his camp, to be more percise. Or would it now be considered their camp? The thought made the leader bristle.

|| Site ||

For you and me

Let's get lost at sea

Old August 22nd, 2019, 02:47 PM
Lovable Cannibal

Quote:

At the Skyclan tom's excited look, the younger feline felt his skin crawl. He'd never actually seen Grousestar look so happy. It creeped him out. However as he spoke, he felt his interest pique. The ladder shifted so he was now fully facing the brown tabby, ears angled forwards as he listened. 'Had Grousestar been thinking about how to fix the tensions between their clans the whole time?' he asked himself. Fallenstar didn't even think about it, he just let them annoy and detest one another. After all Riverclan had a reason to.

"I'll listen...but the second it becomes something I don't like, or something that wouldn't help Riverclan just as much as it would Skyclan I'm shooting it down." he said promptly, making it very clear that he didn't want any more chaotic messes like the one outside his den, in his camp, to be more percise. Or would it now be considered their camp? The thought made the leader bristle.
Was it so strange to feel excited at this age? To Grousestar, the answer would be a simple no. He was a young cat at heart, and though he had been through hell and back, he still held, deep down inside of him, his old personality. He missed being able to feel excited like this, missed the lighthearted happiness that filled him like a warm greenleaf breeze. He missed the simpleness of an evening chat with clanmembers, telling each other about their days over a nice piece of prey. Perhaps Fallenstar didn't know that happiness, even so, that was okay. Maybe even he could learn excitement and joy one day.
A bright smile touched the older toms lips, his head nodding in agreement at Fallenstar's terms. "I understand. I wouldn't have come to you with the idea if I didn't think it beneficial for both of our clans." Clearing his throat, Grousestar fixed his posture to appear a bit more professional as he began his spiel.
"I was thinking of getting together a social event, well, a 'prey social' event. In short, I want to organize a day in which we'll send out quite a few dawn hunting patrols, mixed with members of both of our clans, to collect as much prey as possible as greenleaf comes to a close. Give them till about sunhigh to come back, and then assign cats social partners. Say two Skyclan and two Riverclan cats to a group. They get their prey, sit down together, and socialize. It gives them a chance to talk with each other, learn about each other, and hopefully.. Well, make peace with each other. Since this move is permanent, I thought it would be ideal if we could, for the most part, get along. To make this easier on you, me and Frostflight will do most of the planning, unless you'd like to be part of the process as well."

Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old August 23rd, 2019, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Was it so strange to feel excited at this age? To Grousestar, the answer would be a simple no. He was a young cat at heart, and though he had been through hell and back, he still held, deep down inside of him, his old personality. He missed being able to feel excited like this, missed the lighthearted happiness that filled him like a warm greenleaf breeze. He missed the simpleness of an evening chat with clanmembers, telling each other about their days over a nice piece of prey. Perhaps Fallenstar didn't know that happiness, even so, that was okay. Maybe even he could learn excitement and joy one day.
A bright smile touched the older toms lips, his head nodding in agreement at Fallenstar's terms. "I understand. I wouldn't have come to you with the idea if I didn't think it beneficial for both of our clans." Clearing his throat, Grousestar fixed his posture to appear a bit more professional as he began his spiel.
"I was thinking of getting together a social event, well, a 'prey social' event. In short, I want to organize a day in which we'll send out quite a few dawn hunting patrols, mixed with members of both of our clans, to collect as much prey as possible as greenleaf comes to a close. Give them till about sunhigh to come back, and then assign cats social partners. Say two Skyclan and two Riverclan cats to a group. They get their prey, sit down together, and socialize. It gives them a chance to talk with each other, learn about each other, and hopefully.. Well, make peace with each other. Since this move is permanent, I thought it would be ideal if we could, for the most part, get along. To make this easier on you, me and Frostflight will do most of the planning, unless you'd like to be part of the process as well."

He listened as the Skyclan leader spoke about his great plan. As much as he didn't want to admit, it did sound nice, and it could possibly work. Of course, as long as Skyclan cats have grown accustom to catching fish, it could work. The ebony feline let out a deep sigh and closed his eyes, brows knitting together as he thought long and hard about it. The pro's, the con's After a long pause his eyes fluttered open again, however he wasn't looking at Grousestar, his gaze was glued to the floor of the den. "If you really think this'll ease the tensions in the clan, than I'm all for it. As for helping, I'm not sure what I could do...but if needed I'll hop in." he said. After a few moments another sigh rippled through his body. They seemed to be almost as natural as blinking to the other tom now. "Let Lionblaze know of this too...last time he wasn't told anything he got fussy...he is fussy." he warned the older tom, raising his head to look at him.

|| Site ||

For you and me

Let's get lost at sea

Old August 23rd, 2019, 09:38 AM
Lovable Cannibal

Quote:

He listened as the Skyclan leader spoke about his great plan. As much as he didn't want to admit, it did sound nice, and it could possibly work. Of course, as long as Skyclan cats have grown accustom to catching fish, it could work. The ebony feline let out a deep sigh and closed his eyes, brows knitting together as he thought long and hard about it. The pro's, the con's After a long pause his eyes fluttered open again, however he wasn't looking at Grousestar, his gaze was glued to the floor of the den. "If you really think this'll ease the tensions in the clan, than I'm all for it. As for helping, I'm not sure what I could do...but if needed I'll hop in." he said. After a few moments another sigh rippled through his body. They seemed to be almost as natural as blinking to the other tom now. "Let Lionblaze know of this too...last time he wasn't told anything he got fussy...he is fussy." he warned the older tom, raising his head to look at him.
The Skyclan leader was a humble tom, but going into this, he was fairly sure that the other leader would agree with him. To be truthful, he couldn't see too many flaws with his idea, except for the possibility of some cats not getting along, or the select few trying to sit along the sidelines instead of joining in, but he and Frostflight could easily watch over, just to make sure everything was nice and smooth. Regardless, the brown tabby watched the ebony tom close his eyes and think about it, remaining silent and patient as he waited for the final verdict. Eventually the other toms eyes opened again, but instead of meeting his gaze, they were fixated on the floor for some reason. Why couldn't the other tom meet his gaze? Ah, a question for another day because he got his answer.
"Very well, I will inform him of the decision. You won't have to lift a paw for this, it was my idea and I will see it through. Just let me know if you'd like to be assigned a partner or not." Smiling brightly, he would dip his head and stand. "Thank you for the consideration, I will begin preparations soon." With a flick of his tail, Grousestar turned and headed out of the den to seek out Lionstorm, and then his own deputy to begin planning.

Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?