Last post by Starphobia
Today 10:00 PM

Old July 24th, 2017, 12:49 PM
i put the si in almsivi

My Mood: Mellow

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by woly View Post
Ouch. Wolfdancer had stayed silent the entire time. She stopped in her tracks as she stared at the ground. The more Honeycomb kept talking to more she could feel bile come up in her chest and lungs. How she felt show couldnt breath, how she felt she was drowning. And frankly, she wished she was right now. Wolfdancer never cried. She was tough, she didnt like to cry infront of other cats and it took a lot to break her. When Honeycomb and Wolfdancer first met as apprentices they were so young, so peaceful before they started to fall in love. She could remember how nice it felt moments ago when they were snugged close to eachother. So close as if they didnt want to grasp losing one another. So close Wolfdancer had felt her heart beat a little faster in hope. That maybe she could have some peace, that she would get through this. For the first time since she met Honeycomb; she cried. She let out a sob, hiccuping from lack of air. She let the tears fall, she let the quiet yelps and whimpers escape from her, she could feel her body being emptied, the suffocating feeling in her lungs washed away asoon as she cried. She cried and cried, trying to catch her breaths with some gasps before letting another sob out. Why did she think Honeycomb would care about her? If she died, they wouldnt care. After years, seasons, moons of knowing them. They wouldnt care. Wolfdancer was thrown away so easily, the pain felt just as bad as a snake bite. Her head was dizzy and her back hurt, still shaking with sobs. Her throat burned as she could feel bile rising, and soon enough she threw up. There wasnt much to throw up seeing as she hadnt eaten, but most of the liquid was dark red. Blood. had Wolfdancer injured herself that badly, that she was internally bleeding? Her throat burned and the liquid dripped down from her mouth and down her chin. It felt like Honeycomb had physically hurt her. Her chest hurt. Her body hurt. She was shaking. Golden eyes widened hearing them and feeling them push passed her. Her head rose and she quickly followed Honeycomb, stepping infront of them and blocking the exit. "No." she mewed. She probably looked like a mess with bloody bile dripping down her chin,"Do you think that ending your life is what I want,Honeycomb?" her voice wasnt aggressive or stern like before. But softer. Her voice cracked as she let more tears fall. "Unlike you I care about you, even if you dont c-care about me anymore." It didnt matter what pain she was in. What injuries she had. How she was breaking apart under the enbys angry gaze. It didnt matter. It didnt matter how she was diteriating infront of them. Honeycomb could hurt her and push her away as much as they wanted. Wolfdancer swore to never leave, and shed keep that promise. "Honeycomb please-" her voice cracked. She stood tall. No mater how big Honeycomb looked Wolfdancer would always be bigger. "If you want to do anything youll have to lay your claws on me." Honeycomb wouldnt hit her, right? If Honeycomb wanted to end her life, they would have to physically move her. She wouldnt let them end themselves like this. They had so much more to do in their life. They could be happy, even if it was with someone else. They could live. Wolfdancer wanted them to live. She hated this, she hated them crying. She hated them sad. She hated them unhappy. And it was all because Wolfdancer had to be dramatic and be selfish about herself. Honeycomb wanted to die because of her. And that stung. She choked on a sob,"You deserve to live." she meant those words with every bit of her being. With every file of fur she had on her pelt, with every beat of her heart, she wanted Honeycomb to live. She wanted to go bac tp how it used to be. She wanted to share a nest again. She wanted to be able to hold Honeycomb again and lick her fur. She wanted to hear their giggles again when Wolfdancer would make a joke. She wanted to pick flowers again with them. She wanted Honeycomb.
On letting go, Honeycomb found themself feeling… empty. She was sobbing in front of them: they’d done that. They’d hurt her. And yet, they were mostly unaffected— until the tears really fell. It was, to be completely frank, painful to watch. Absolutely heart-wrenching. As the once-great molly crumbled in front of their very eyes, Honeycomb began to doubt themself for a heartbeat. Wolfdancer had been hurt now. They’d had time to get used to their trauma, but she was still living through hers— how insensitive of them. For every somewhat stinging thing she had to say, they had a venomous retort, something so much more morally dubious and infinitely more harmful. Why the hell did they have to do the same thing, over and over again? Why would they never change? They were no better than Minnowgaze. The very thought of that fact sickened them.
She cried. They regretted their words; no matter how harsh they could be, the aftermath would always hurt more than what led up to it. Was this what they wanted? No, never in a million years: they wanted to take everything back. They wanted her back. The enby didn’t know if they would ever get what they wanted. The way in which she simply expelled every single tear that had been held in for moons on end just stung to watch, and Honeycomb quickly noticed that each howling sob began to sound more like a retch, until the culmination of days’ injuries laid at their feet. Their ear twitched. Was this how sick they made her? To push herself until she could hardly stand to keep her own blood where it belonged? The acrid, coppery smell of the bile-and-blood concoction wafted towards them, and they were both repulsed and just. Sorry. So sorry.
As she approached the camp’s entrance, their vision swam again. She wasn’t trying to protect them from themself, was she? Were they not the reason why she despised herself? Without a word, Honeycomb simply began to let go of themself again, letting the tears slide down without any thought. They let themself become an apprentice again, just for a second, before speaking again, their usually smooth voice breaking, sounding as gravelly as it ever could. “You owe me nothing,” they began, taking a step towards her, both their eyes and nose streaming as they stared at her, taking in how truly weak she was now. How weak both of them were. “I don’t know if you want it. I don’t know if I do. But if it’s what it t-takes for you to m-move on from me and be ha-happ-y, t-then—”
They bit their lip, rocking back and forth as they thought of what next to say, how to sum up their thoughts in a way that wouldn’t harm her more. “If I need to d-die to let you stop all of this b-bullcrap then I wo-would. Even if I want to be sel-selfish.” God, how she knew them well. They’d continue to repeat their lines like they were the victim, as if they meant it to be some kind of martyr-like sacrifice, but Wolfdancer knew that they thought about themself first. Of course they did.
“Let me die instead of ki-ki-killing yourself. Look at you, Wolfdancer. Just look. Why won’t you let me do anything? I’m t-trying to do something for you here. I want you to forget about me.. But that won’t work. Yes, of course, let me live on when I have nothing to live for but you.” They were becoming hysterical now, words stumbling one after the other at a lightning pace. “Will we ever b-be the same way again? No. Because I’m s-selfish and I d-do-n’t think before I speak. So let me do—”
They whimpered as she cut in, barging in front of them and blocking them from their destination. The enby shrunk, letting out another quiet cry, “I wouldn’t. I c-can’t.” Did she really care for them that much, the cat that had harmed her over and over again, only proffering the feeblest of apologies? It meant a lot— for all the things they’d done, they could be worthy of… forgiveness. Although clotted blood matted her muzzle and chest, Honeycomb desperately wanted to just embrace Wolfdancer as tight as they could, like they were both young again. As Wolfdancer spoke softly again, they nodded, bringing a paw to their eyes, wiping one as awkwardly as any normal cat would. “You do, too. It’s a harrowing thing, to see you vomit blood like that. Maybe we could..” They trailed off, looking away, eyes still clouded with unshed tears, the silence between the pair of them becoming uncomfortable and unwanted. It appeared the pair wanted the same thing, but it was. Hard, they supposed. This was hard, trying to fix everything. The easiest solution was clearly not as simple in practice.

baibai

Last edited by oats; July 25th, 2017 at 01:03 AM.
Old July 24th, 2017, 01:27 PM
Floating

My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Blossomkit had seen the trees for which Aspenkit was supposedly named - they were beautiful, grey and black striped bark and delicate branches with full, beautifully colored green leaves on them. Aspen trees were Blossomkit's personal favorite, though she wasn't sure whether or not she liked their coloring more or their delicate appearance more. A friendly smile was present on the she cat's maw at the younger cat's remark. "Y- you think so? Really?" Now, as you can imagine, it wasn't that often that this brown and white kit recieved a compliment.

So she wasn't quite sure how to react - though she was inwardly delighted, feeling as though she could have squealed right then and there. And, had she not been afraid of frightening Aspenkit or causing the latter's ears to hurt, she might have done so. The delicate feline thought about her own name... it sounded so plain, if she were being honest. Blossomkit. A bit lazy sounding, wasn't it? She wished her parents had been more imaginative, and she would have thought that they would be, considering her Mom was a former kittypet. Though she supposed that her Mother couldn't very well have named her after a twoleg object, but still... Blossomkit and Copperkit? She wasn't sure whether the names were nice or not. Aspenkit was a cute name, a pretty name, and it seemed to suit the feline. "Your, um... your name really s - suits you, you know, Aspenkit. I can almost s - see the... the tree when I say it."

That sounded dumb. Which was why Blossomkit should have stayed quiet and reserved and played the shy little kit who wasn't able to talk. The shy little kit who would get made fun of and be laughed at, but this shy little kit was safe. She missed the safety of the nursery already - though to be honest, that place wasn't entirely safe either. She didn't want to be an apprentice, yet she yearned for the ability to go out in the territory and hide there. Like a coward? Maybe. But at least she would be safe, right? The brown and white kit took note of Aspenkit's position. Blossomkit herself tended to take that position all too often, and even at the moment, noting that the other kit was nervous - or seemed to be - she shrank down to the ground as well, her ears going back as though she were terrified of the outside world.

Another position that Blossomkit seemed to take way too often. She glanced at the feline, oval-like blue eyes confused for a moment before she finally was able to straighten up. This all happened within a matter of a minute or two... though for her, it seemed to have been a lifetime before she straightened up again. "I - I'm s - six, almost seven moons old, I... I d - don't, I d - didn't... want to be an, um, an apprentice."

Did she want to now? Not any more then she had before. But, Blossomkit was getting older, and her brother was getting older, and it wasn't fair for her to deny the Clan another apprentice. So? She just might decide to go ahead and take a chance on being... something that she didn't feel like.
Aspenkit could just envision the soft, beautiful petals blooming on a primrose of some sort. She would just love to be named after something as beautiful as a blooming flower, but she was stuck with a less appealing name: Aspen. Sure, the trees were pretty with their tabby-like bark ad fluttering leave that changed to golden colors n the fall, but it was just a simple tree, and not very elegant. She shook the thoughts out of her head for the second time, and gave a small little awkward smile at the little brown and white kit, "Yeah, i-uh, really do." her paws shuffled in the dewy grass below, like she was trying to strike up courage and outgoingness with the circles of her paws.

Aspenkit clamped her paw down, letting the small beads of plant dew soak into her still-fuzzy paw fur. Now, her small rounded brown ears perked up as Blossomkit mentioned her name, as on queue, the little kit turned her gaze to her pelt, where the mottled mix of brown and few specks of tan were splattered onto her white base coat. Really, it didn't even look like an aspen tree. If she really lived up to her name, she would be a grayish white, with black stripes all around her. Maybe her tail would be orange or something to represent the leaves? Or her eyes, but orange eyes did not seem too appealing to her. She pursed her lips, she guessed she ha the white base coat aspect, and the brown colors were sort of like the stripes, and her eyes were a jade color. But still, Aspen didn't come to her mind at first sight. "Oh." She stammered, bringing her gaze back to the there kit, then flickering her eyes elsewhere immediately, "Thanks. It doesn't exactly fit perfectly, though."

She swallowed nervously, but had no idea why her heartbeat was fluttering in all different directions. See, she hadn't really socialized with a lot of people, she liked to refer to herself as a lone kit. But friends sounded nice, however her worst fear was to be thrown in the pile of her other, more chatty peers. All she would do is sit and tremble, and have seconds to word a nice, timid, shy response like she usually did. "But, um, the name Blossom fits you." She added quietly, her tail tip hugging her side in a blushing way.

Aspenkit watched the little blue-eyes kit slowly straightened her posture, which immediately made Aspenkit feel guilty, she must look so scared, and Blossomkit probably didn't want to talk to her if he was hugging the ground. She tried her best, but her paws would only let her straighten out her legs to make her a little taller. Otherwise, she stayed in a crouch-like position. Aspenkit tilted her head at Blossomkit's response, she wanted to be an apprentice, well, ish.. The fighting and training and everything didnt seem that attractive to her. shed much rather do something else, like a scenery walk or learn about the forest around her. "Wh-why not?" Aspenkit flinched at her wrongly-worded question, "I mean, um-" she stopped, the question was kind of blunt, but it was possibly the right one se stuck with it. "I mean I'm not entirely looking forward to battle practice and stuff, id rather take a walk or swim in the river pools. Is that the same for you?"
Old July 24th, 2017, 02:36 PM
queeny ♬

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawlipop View Post

It can be considered dangerous to have so many thoughts in your head. Honeypool didn't have that much to think about, but the thoughts she did have were so heavy and full, as if they were about to burst. From behind her eyes, she replayed and replayed and replayed what went wrong when she was there. It was funny how much she replayed it, as if she could suddenly go back and have made the situation better, play around with the options she put in her head that she thinks would have made things better. How can she make things better?

Suddenly she felt herself get ripped from her thoughts and back to reality upon feeling a familiar presence. She physically flinched upon hearing her name before she was able to take the time to recognize the voice. She instantly put her face between her front paws and flattened her ears in fear. However her ears finally perked up and recognized the soft, concerned sounding tone. She lifted her head slowly and cautiously and in front of her stood, to her relief, was her former mentor. She couldn't help but exhale a happy sigh and had her eyes beam. "Hello Cloversplash." She mewed softly with a quiet purr. She wondered why her mentor had approached her, but she could guess why, seeing the worry in her eyes. When she asked if she was okay, Honeypool's eyes dimmed and she looked down at her paws. "I wish I could tell you that I'm doing fine, but I don't want to lie to you."
Cloversplash watched the face of her old apprentice, the way she seemed so distant as if her thoughts drowned out the noise of the clearing, something more important than her clan, her own family, dragging her out of the land of the living. The old warrior herself knew how damaging it could be; thoughts looping through your head, relentless and destructive. Of what Honeypool was thinking, she could not tell.

"Alright, then don't lie to me, darling. I've lived a good bit longer than you; tell me, what is so wrong?" she purred, gently, a motherly toned coating her voice, her words tender and genuine; whatever was affecting Honeypool, she hoped to help. Her eyes softened even further; the light in Honeypool's own deep orbs seemed dimmed, and she seemed just so depressed and sad.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old July 24th, 2017, 02:39 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgi View Post
On letting go, Honeycomb found themself feeling… empty. She was sobbing in front of them: they’d done that. They’d hurt her. And yet, they were mostly unaffected— until the tears really fell. It was, to be completely frank, painful to watch. Absolutely heart-wrenching. As the once-great molly crumbled in front of their very eyes, Honeycomb began to doubt themself for a heartbeat. Wolfdancer had been hurt now. They’d had time to get used to their trauma, but she was still living through hers— how insensitive of them. For every somewhat stinging thing she had to say, they had a venomous retort, something so much more morally dubious and infinitely more harmful. Why the hell did they have to do the same thing, over and over again? Why would they never change? They were no better than Minnowgaze. The very thought of that fact sickened them.
She cried. They regretted their words; no matter how harsh they could be, the aftermath would always hurt more than what led up to it. Was this what they wanted? No, never in a million years: they wanted to take everything back. They wanted her back. The enby didn’t know if they would ever get what they wanted. The way in which she simply expelled every single tear that had been held in for moons on end just stung to watch, and Honeycomb quickly noticed that each howling sob began to sound more like a retch, until the culmination of days’ injuries laid at their feet. Their ear twitched. Was this how sick they made her? To push herself until she could hardly stand to keep her own blood where it belonged? The acrid, coppery smell of the bile-and-blood concoction wafted towards them, and they were both repulsed and just. Sorry. So sorry.
As she approached the camp’s entrance, their vision swam again. She wasn’t trying to protect them from themself, was she? Were they not the reason why she despised herself? Without a word, Honeycomb simply began to let go of themself again, letting the tears slide down without any thought. They let themself become an apprentice again, just for a second, before speaking again, their usually smooth voice breaking, sounding as gravelly as it ever could. “You owe me nothing,” they began, taking a step towards her, both their eyes and nose streaming as they stared at her, taking in how truly weak she was now. How weak both of them were. “I don’t know if you want it. I don’t know if I do. But if it’s what it t-takes for you to m-move on from me and be ha-happ-y, t-then—”
They bit their lip, rocking back and forth as they thought of what next to say, how to sum up their thoughts in a way that wouldn’t harm her more. “If I need to d-die to let you stop all of this b-bullcrap then I wo-would. Even if I want to be sel-selfish.” God, how she knew them well. They’d continue to repeat their lines like they were the victim, as if they meant it to be some kind of martyr-like sacrifice, but Wolfdancer knew that they thought about themself first. Of course they did.
“Let me die instead of ki-ki-killing yourself. Look at you, Wolfdancer. Just look. Why won’t you let me do anything? I’m t-trying to do something for you here. I want you to forget about me.. But that won’t work. Yes, of course, let me live on when I have nothing to live for but you.” They were becoming hysterical now, words stumbling one after the other at a lightning pace. “Will we ever b-be the same way again? [i]No.[i] Because I’m s-selfish and I d-do-n’t think before I speak. So let me do—”
They whimpered as she cut in, barging in front of them and blocking them from their destination. The enby shrunk, letting out another quiet cry, “I wouldn’t. I c-can’t.” Did she really care for them that much, the cat that had harmed her over and over again, only proffering the feeblest of apologies? It meant a lot— for all the things they’d done, they could be worthy of… forgiveness. Although clotted blood matted her muzzle and chest, Honeycomb desperately wanted to just embrace Wolfdancer as tight as they could, like they were both young again. As Wolfdancer spoke softly again, they nodded, bringing a paw to their eyes, wiping one as awkwardly as any normal cat would. “You do, too. It’s a harrowing thing, to see you vomit blood like that. Maybe we could..” They trailed off, looking away, eyes still clouded with unshed tears, the silence between the pair of them becoming uncomfortable and unwanted. It appeared the pair wanted the same thing, but it was. Hard, they supposed. This was hard, trying to fix everything. The easiest solution was clearly not as simple in practice.
She felt so numb. Emotionally numb and drained, as if someone had taken a needle and sucked every last bit of energy out of her. Her throat throbbed, burned even every time she spoken. her eyes felt swollen with tear stinging every time she let one fall. Her body hurt from throwing up. Her lungs screamed for air. She felt like fainting she felt so light headed. She hadnt eaten in days, she felt like she hadnt slept in days either. Yet she stood tall and looked at Honeycomb with soft eyes,"I love you." she said the words that seemed to be lingering in the air. The words that had caused all of this mess. Words that she would say and hold close to her. Because she did love Honeycomb. She loved them with all of her being. Maybe it wasnt such a good idea thinking about loving a cat who said that they wouldnt care if she died, saying that they wouldnt care if she simply washed away. The words stung. They hurt so much, and at first she couldnt believe Honeycomb would say them. But as her mind would always think, she deserved it. She deserved the yelling at the scars, she wasnt enough. And she would never be enough. Hearing them say all they lived for was her made her heart melt slightly. "Then live for me." She wanted them to live. Wolfdancer would blame herself for the rest of her life. It would because of her that Honeycomb died. It was because of her she wanted to die. She felt like vomiting again but gritted her teeth and let out a shaky breath and swallowed it down. Dark red stained her white chest fur as it dripped from her chin. She missed them. She didnt know if it would ever be the same again, she didnt know how they would get back from this. But Wolfdancer would try. She wanted Honeycomb in her life, she wanted them so bad. "I will never get over you, even if you did die." she took a small step closer, gaze soft. She wasnt angry anymore, she wouldnt yell or hiss. Her fur wasnt ruffled and it laid smooth against her. She was sincere. She knew Honeycomb was hurting too, she knew they felt guilt for what they had done. And Wolfdancer would forgive them in a heartbeat. No matter how many time they hurt her, no matter how many times she had to vomit she would always forgive Honeycomb. She loved them. She repeated the words that that she started with,"I want to share a nest again."
Old July 24th, 2017, 03:29 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beam View Post
Aspenkit could just envision the soft, beautiful petals blooming on a primrose of some sort. She would just love to be named after something as beautiful as a blooming flower, but she was stuck with a less appealing name: Aspen. Sure, the trees were pretty with their tabby-like bark ad fluttering leave that changed to golden colors n the fall, but it was just a simple tree, and not very elegant. She shook the thoughts out of her head for the second time, and gave a small little awkward smile at the little brown and white kit, "Yeah, i-uh, really do." her paws shuffled in the dewy grass below, like she was trying to strike up courage and outgoingness with the circles of her paws.

Aspenkit clamped her paw down, letting the small beads of plant dew soak into her still-fuzzy paw fur. Now, her small rounded brown ears perked up as Blossomkit mentioned her name, as on queue, the little kit turned her gaze to her pelt, where the mottled mix of brown and few specks of tan were splattered onto her white base coat. Really, it didn't even look like an aspen tree. If she really lived up to her name, she would be a grayish white, with black stripes all around her. Maybe her tail would be orange or something to represent the leaves? Or her eyes, but orange eyes did not seem too appealing to her. She pursed her lips, she guessed she ha the white base coat aspect, and the brown colors were sort of like the stripes, and her eyes were a jade color. But still, Aspen didn't come to her mind at first sight. "Oh." She stammered, bringing her gaze back to the there kit, then flickering her eyes elsewhere immediately, "Thanks. It doesn't exactly fit perfectly, though."

She swallowed nervously, but had no idea why her heartbeat was fluttering in all different directions. See, she hadn't really socialized with a lot of people, she liked to refer to herself as a lone kit. But friends sounded nice, however her worst fear was to be thrown in the pile of her other, more chatty peers. All she would do is sit and tremble, and have seconds to word a nice, timid, shy response like she usually did. "But, um, the name Blossom fits you." She added quietly, her tail tip hugging her side in a blushing way.

Aspenkit watched the little blue-eyes kit slowly straightened her posture, which immediately made Aspenkit feel guilty, she must look so scared, and Blossomkit probably didn't want to talk to her if he was hugging the ground. She tried her best, but her paws would only let her straighten out her legs to make her a little taller. Otherwise, she stayed in a crouch-like position. Aspenkit tilted her head at Blossomkit's response, she wanted to be an apprentice, well, ish.. The fighting and training and everything didnt seem that attractive to her. shed much rather do something else, like a scenery walk or learn about the forest around her. "Wh-why not?" Aspenkit flinched at her wrongly-worded question, "I mean, um-" she stopped, the question was kind of blunt, but it was possibly the right one se stuck with it. "I mean I'm not entirely looking forward to battle practice and stuff, id rather take a walk or swim in the river pools. Is that the same for you?"
Being such a huge fan of aspens, Blossomkit knew that the other kit didn't have the right coloring. She had seen the bark of aspen trees more times then she could count - beautiful, and delicate. No, she pictured Aspenkit as a butterfly type of cat. Butterflykit might not have suited her colors well, but Aspenkit was the perfect name in her opinion. Why? Picturing the trees in her mind, she could see their delicate, soft bark. The thin branches bending, waving in the wind - their leaves ruffled by the breeze. During the fall, their colors turned from a beautiful light green, the color of grass in new-leaf, to the gorgeous golden-y orange that matched some cats' eyes. Blossomkit didn't have a silvery-white pelt with black stripes, nor golden-y orange eyes, though she wouldn't have minded either. As a matter of fact, she probably would have had more self esteem, considering herself to be beautiful like the aspen had she had those colors. In more ways then one, she thought Aspenkit fitted her name in personality.

The gentleness, the beauty, if there was a tree to describe Aspenkit's personality - she would call it her namesake. That particular tree was Blossomkit's personal favorite, if that had not yet been made clear... she loved almost everything about it. Though she couldn't actually climb the delicate looking tree. RiverClanners didn't climb trees, and it was something that made her a little annoyed, though she wasn't too bothered by it. They were better at swimming... despite the fact that the fluffy kit had a deadly fear of the water. Even rainstorms would have her running for cover. She was terrified... and she hated getting even a little bit wet. If a raindrop hit her, it would be assumed that the end of the world was coming.

"W - well, I think... I - I think it fits your personality, I... I mean... as, as far as I can tell." The feline was a little more anxious to approach the subject this time, remembering how awkward she had felt the last time she had spoken that way. Since the brown and white feline believed that the younger kit's name was quite a pretty one, and wished that hers didn't sound so... plain, almost. Maybe her warrior name would be better, though she wasn't looking fowards to that day any more then she was looking fowards to the day when she would become a full apprentice of RiverClan. A slight shudder seemed to run through the she cat's body, causing her to shiver - though it was mostly hidden by her fluffy pelt. Some cats thought that Blossomkit was just fat, but she really wasn't - she couldn't help the way that her body was made. And neither could she help her nervous ways when she was meeting a new cat, although she did hate them so much that she could have screamed in frustration. Not that she would... Blossomkit had never been a cat to be the center of attention.

"O - oh! Thank... thank you," The feline mewed, feeling her nervous nature acting up again. She was glad someone thought her name suited her. Blossom. Like a rose blooming, delicate petals opening outwards, covered in dewdrops... no, she couldn't see it. A white rose? Maybe. But a red one didn't seem to fit the young feline at all. And even with a white one, she couldn't seem to get past the fact that it was more of a 'flower' then a 'blossom,' though both technically were the same thing.

"It, uh... I'm n - not a fighter, I wasn't... I wasn't made to fight. I honestly don't think I was made to be in a Clan, either, I - I don't - I don't fit in here." The young cat muttered, looking down at the ground. It was true. Blossomkit didn't feel like she belonged. And as much as she wanted to believe others when they said that someday she would belong, she didn't feel it. She could feel herself shrinking down further, and now her stomach was pressed against the ground of the clearing.

Her ears were still in a neutral position and it was obvious she was fighting to keep them that way - her eyes flitted around nervously and her muscles were bunched, ready to run if she needed to. Yes, run - and not fight. Blossomkit's flight instinct was way stronger then her fight one, and it would be the one that she followed.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old July 24th, 2017, 09:39 PM
Floating

My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Being such a huge fan of aspens, Blossomkit knew that the other kit didn't have the right coloring. She had seen the bark of aspen trees more times then she could count - beautiful, and delicate. No, she pictured Aspenkit as a butterfly type of cat. Butterflykit might not have suited her colors well, but Aspenkit was the perfect name in her opinion. Why? Picturing the trees in her mind, she could see their delicate, soft bark. The thin branches bending, waving in the wind - their leaves ruffled by the breeze. During the fall, their colors turned from a beautiful light green, the color of grass in new-leaf, to the gorgeous golden-y orange that matched some cats' eyes. Blossomkit didn't have a silvery-white pelt with black stripes, nor golden-y orange eyes, though she wouldn't have minded either. As a matter of fact, she probably would have had more self esteem, considering herself to be beautiful like the aspen had she had those colors. In more ways then one, she thought Aspenkit fitted her name in personality.

The gentleness, the beauty, if there was a tree to describe Aspenkit's personality - she would call it her namesake. That particular tree was Blossomkit's personal favorite, if that had not yet been made clear... she loved almost everything about it. Though she couldn't actually climb the delicate looking tree. RiverClanners didn't climb trees, and it was something that made her a little annoyed, though she wasn't too bothered by it. They were better at swimming... despite the fact that the fluffy kit had a deadly fear of the water. Even rainstorms would have her running for cover. She was terrified... and she hated getting even a little bit wet. If a raindrop hit her, it would be assumed that the end of the world was coming.

"W - well, I think... I - I think it fits your personality, I... I mean... as, as far as I can tell." The feline was a little more anxious to approach the subject this time, remembering how awkward she had felt the last time she had spoken that way. Since the brown and white feline believed that the younger kit's name was quite a pretty one, and wished that hers didn't sound so... plain, almost. Maybe her warrior name would be better, though she wasn't looking fowards to that day any more then she was looking fowards to the day when she would become a full apprentice of RiverClan. A slight shudder seemed to run through the she cat's body, causing her to shiver - though it was mostly hidden by her fluffy pelt. Some cats thought that Blossomkit was just fat, but she really wasn't - she couldn't help the way that her body was made. And neither could she help her nervous ways when she was meeting a new cat, although she did hate them so much that she could have screamed in frustration. Not that she would... Blossomkit had never been a cat to be the center of attention.

"O - oh! Thank... thank you," The feline mewed, feeling her nervous nature acting up again. She was glad someone thought her name suited her. Blossom. Like a rose blooming, delicate petals opening outwards, covered in dewdrops... no, she couldn't see it. A white rose? Maybe. But a red one didn't seem to fit the young feline at all. And even with a white one, she couldn't seem to get past the fact that it was more of a 'flower' then a 'blossom,' though both technically were the same thing.

"It, uh... I'm n - not a fighter, I wasn't... I wasn't made to fight. I honestly don't think I was made to be in a Clan, either, I - I don't - I don't fit in here." The young cat muttered, looking down at the ground. It was true. Blossomkit didn't feel like she belonged. And as much as she wanted to believe others when they said that someday she would belong, she didn't feel it. She could feel herself shrinking down further, and now her stomach was pressed against the ground of the clearing.

Her ears were still in a neutral position and it was obvious she was fighting to keep them that way - her eyes flitted around nervously and her muscles were bunched, ready to run if she needed to. Yes, run - and not fight. Blossomkit's flight instinct was way stronger then her fight one, and it would be the one that she followed.
(ahhh I have writers block rn sorry)
Aspenkit straightened up with the silence surrounding bubbling thoughts. For some reason, Aspenkit always knew there was a difference between silence without thoughts and silence with thought. The air with thought seemed so much more alive, like electric shock were sparking ideas in the mind, but the shocks were energized by brain power. Silence with out thinking was just the dull drone of non-electric air coursing around other cats. Empty, just like the thoughts formed. But Aspenkit could tell someone was thinking, but she didn't know whether it was her or Blossomkit.

"Oh." Aspenkit whispered at Blossomkits response, she didn't quite see how an aspen could have a personality, "thanks... but, I'm, what is an aspens personality?" Aspenkit cringed, she hated asking all o these questions that was probably pestering Blossomkit out of her mind. Her ears fell back to her head in an awkward way.

Aspenkit nodded as Blossomkit spoke again. She could see how one wouldn't want to be a fighter, it would exactly suit more quiet-based peaceful cats like her. "What do you mean?you belong in this clan!" Aspenkit mused without thinking. But she couldn't let the other kit beat herself up, because she did belong somewhere. She did fit in here. Aspenkit crouched to be at eye level kith Blossomkit, taking her previous, ground-hugging position again. "You do believe me." She encouraged, hoping that the kit would take in her words and try to believe them: because she wa sure they were true.
Old July 25th, 2017, 05:13 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beam View Post
(ahhh I have writers block rn sorry)
Aspenkit straightened up with the silence surrounding bubbling thoughts. For some reason, Aspenkit always knew there was a difference between silence without thoughts and silence with thought. The air with thought seemed so much more alive, like electric shock were sparking ideas in the mind, but the shocks were energized by brain power. Silence with out thinking was just the dull drone of non-electric air coursing around other cats. Empty, just like the thoughts formed. But Aspenkit could tell someone was thinking, but she didn't know whether it was her or Blossomkit.

"Oh." Aspenkit whispered at Blossomkits response, she didn't quite see how an aspen could have a personality, "thanks... but, I'm, what is an aspens personality?" Aspenkit cringed, she hated asking all o these questions that was probably pestering Blossomkit out of her mind. Her ears fell back to her head in an awkward way.

Aspenkit nodded as Blossomkit spoke again. She could see how one wouldn't want to be a fighter, it would exactly suit more quiet-based peaceful cats like her. "What do you mean?you belong in this clan!" Aspenkit mused without thinking. But she couldn't let the other kit beat herself up, because she did belong somewhere. She did fit in here. Aspenkit crouched to be at eye level kith Blossomkit, taking her previous, ground-hugging position again. "You do believe me." She encouraged, hoping that the kit would take in her words and try to believe them: because she wa sure they were true.
The brown and white kit flinched at her question as though the other cat had physically hurt her - and while that wasn't necessarily true, she was definitely mentally beating herself up about it. Despite the fact that she hadn't done anything really wrong. It was something that Blossomkit tended to do quite often, and one of the things that she hated most about herself. She hated that she would do nothing, yet feel as though she were a horrible cat. Blossomkit, in reality, was the furthest thing you could get from a horrible cat. Her blue eyes seemed to scream her pleading innocence - and she was. She was so friendly, and extroverted - she hated being alone - but whenever she was around other cats, she was anxious. It was a puzzling combination... extroverted, yet with a stammer that sounded as though she would rather be anywhere else but there at the moment. And most of the time, that was the opposite of true.

"I, um, I... I m - meant y - you just, seem... y - you just seem like you're so g - gentle, and d - delicate, and... and you're so s - soft looking, kinda like the t - tree looks like, I didn't mean - I meant nothing - I didn't want to - to offend you, I didn't - it was nothing - serious, I didn't mean anything by it, just something I - I thought of." Blossomkit's thoughts tended to go all over the place when she was nervous, and when they did that, she rambled. On and on about the same thing when she could have just explained what she meant, except even that simple thing would be difficult for her in this state.

Blue eyes met Aspenkit's own, and her ears went back slightly as though she were trying to shield them from the other kit's next words... and she had never wanted to sink into the ground more. But when Aspenkit actually remarked on her previous depressed sounding statement, the semi-attractive feline looked up at her with a surprised expression before the other cat crouched down, eye level with the Ragdoll, making it impossible for her to look away. She couldn't turn her face away from Aspenkit - that would be rude - and what the cat had said made her feel a little better. Despite the fact that she was still practically a stranger. Well, no longer, not after knowing the other cat's name, but they weren't close at all. "I - wh - thank you," The brown and white cat struggled to stammer out, and when she managed to say anything, her voice was very quiet. She struggled to find something else to say - her weak "thank you" had sounded as though there was a level of ungratefulness in her mind, though Blossomkit couldn't find any bit of ungratefulness in her mind.

"I really mean thank you."

Excellent! Not a single stammer, the young feline was so proud of herself for suceeding in that manner. It was a big step for her so early in conversation - well - since she had made a fool of herself and wasn't exactly COMFORTABLE around Aspenkit all the way yet - and had Aspenkit known her for longer, she might have realized this quite readily.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old July 27th, 2017, 04:45 PM
Formerly lellinicole.zob

My Mood: Cheerful

@RipplePaw

Blossomkit tumbled out of the nursery and into the clearing. She squinted as she looked up at the sun. It was high and bright in the sky. She looked around the clearing, trying to see everything that was going on. Then she realized something. Where's Daisykit?

”It never hurts to keep looking for sunshine.”

Old July 27th, 2017, 05:08 PM
Moist Cotton Ball

My Mood: Chatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LelliNicole.zob View Post
@RipplePaw

Blossomkit tumbled out of the nursery and into the clearing. She squinted as she looked up at the sun. It was high and bright in the sky. She looked around the clearing, trying to see everything that was going on. Then she realized something. Where's Daisykit?
DaisyKit giggled as she slowly stalked her sister's tail, exiting the nursery a few seconds after her. She breathed in the scent of the outside, smiled, readied her legs, and pounced at her sister eagerly. "Gotcha!" She shouted mid jump, before landing.

Quote or mention me so I don't miss your post! Pm me if you want to Roleplay Check out my character site

Everyone give it up for Americas favorite fighting Frenchman, LAFAYETTE

<3 Lellinicole.zob and OxygenCat are moist slope turtles with a mini cotton ball of wisdom and canniballism riding each of their shells <3 and the CheeseMan too
Old July 27th, 2017, 05:12 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Time was coming fast.
Moons were coming and going.

The mixed pelted maine coon knew that for sure as he watched his kits grow up. Though still quite small, they were becoming lovely apprentices. Especially Squirrelkit...if she stopped her tendencies to flirt every now and then, but Mixedfur had nothing to regret. He adored his family. And, right now, he adored being able to relax. Having a family was quite the pawful. A father's work was never done, and he couldn't even imagine how Splashheart must feel. But, he loved her. He respected her. He appreciated her. After all, that was his mate, and he knew he would kill for her. Die for her. For any of them. As he laid himself in a nice sunning spot, the tom nibbled slightly on fresh fish that was caught by one of the other warriors. He licked his jaws, ready to fill himself with the fish. Ah, how fish were his favorite meal. The greatest protein. Of course, he knew Splashheart most likely would always prefer vole, but the tom wanted their kits to be satisfied with fish. After all, they were riverclan cats raised even if they were half-clan born. The tom lifted his muzzle, a sudden thought floating into his mind; The kits needed to learn how to swim! Mixedfur didn't know if they were ready yet, and truthfully when it came to the kits, Splashheart had the last say in everything--mostly. So, he settled himself down, nibbling into his food, but his thoughts stayed constant on his family.

@Random Melchester