Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > The Starcave

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Riddle me this… [Herb...
by Fawn<3
Last post by Fawn<3
Today 12:36 PM
need a header for Snowleaf
Last post by leopard.
Today 12:19 PM
[LF] kestrelpaw art
by Rose
Last post by Rose
Today 12:17 PM
How Well-Known Are You On...
Last post by ChaosBringer.
Today 12:16 PM
Lessons of the Past [Whole...
by Rani
Last post by Katiethewolfchild
Today 12:15 PM

Old March 9th, 2024, 10:26 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Default Re: The Starcave

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Drizzlecloud purred quietly when Springpaw had nodded. She noted the movement of her mouth, presuming that she had said something along the lines of yes. Lifting her tail from Springpaw’s shoulders, she began to lead the way into the cave–with a bit more confidence than she had when they were traversing the territories. Certainly there was no kind of danger in here, so she was a lot less anxious here. With a playful flick of her tail, her tail-tip flicked her apprentice’s nose ever so gently.

“Off we go, then.” She cast the words over her shoulder as her paw pads came into contact with the cold stone of the cave’s floor. The closer that they got to their objective–the moonstone–Drizzlecloud began to get what she could only describe as the heebie jeebies. Not that this cave was frightening, but more so in regards to the surprise ceremony that she had in store. What if I do it wrong? Oh, no, what if she absolutely hates the name that I give her? Exhaling through her nose, she tried her best to dispel the concerns circling her mind. It’s going to be fine.

The stone came into view, and she paused a few tail-lengths away from it, her gaze locked onto the astonishing quartz before her attention slowly drifted to her apprentice.

“Springpaw, my apprentice.” She began softly, her eyes alight with an affectionate warmth. “My exceptional pride. I… Hope I’ve done well at keeping this decision a secret from you–a nice surprise, I’d like to think, but there’s no point in hiding it now. After the events that took place during the raid, when I woke up, I-I… I was so frightened. Afraid of what had happened, what had become of me, perhaps what had become of the clan in my absence. However, when I awoke, after my fit of terror, of course, I was given a moment of calm… But only at the sight of you.”

Stepping closer to the moonstone, she sat with her tail curled neatly over her paws, and with a small nod of her head, she gestured for Springpaw to come close, too. “You had taken charge that day. I always knew that you were capable, I’ve seen it time and time again, but considering the scale of that night… You acted with confidence in yourself, your knowledge and your capabilities. It has been a pleasure watching you grow, Springpaw. From the moment that Bumblestar assigned us as Thunderclan’s medicine cats, learning our first basic herbs together, when you were anxious and still stumbled over your words at our very first gathering together… Up to this very moment. No matter what the world throws at you, you manage to come back stronger each time… An intelligent, heartfelt, dedicated young molly whom I have had the privilege of calling my apprentice.”

Drizzlecloud paused to offer her a smile, her green eyes growing cloudy with each word that she spoke. Springpaw was her pride. They had learned alongside each other and taught each other, aided each other in healing others and in healing each other. There was no doubt in her mind that this young healer was her greatest pride. “I believe, wholeheartedly and without a single doubt, that you are more than ready to take the next step in your path as a medicine cat.”

Oh, I really hope she likes it. With a sharp inhale and a few rapid blinks to hopefully brush away her tears, she swallowed hard before she continued. "So... I, Drizzlecloud, medicine cat of Thunderclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down upon this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of a medicine cat, and with your help, she will serve her clan for many moons."

There was a pause as Drizzlecloud gave Springpaw a small nod of her head. "Springpaw, do you promise to uphold the ways of a medicine cat, to stand apart from rivalry between clan and clan and to protect all cats equally... Even at the cost of your life?"

[ @vei i started crying real tears writing this btw ]

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!

Last edited by Omari; March 9th, 2024 at 01:17 PM. Reason: extra stuff to make the rp faster lol
Old March 10th, 2024, 06:36 PM
oink oink

Bump Policy: once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Stressed

Springpaw
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
purrks: herbal knowledge - tier 2 | the collector | mind reader | skip the steps[all perm. active; sts for battle training]

Being inside the internal structure of the cave was vividly strange. Springpaw couldn’t seem to find herself looking away from the smooth texture, gradually unfolding itself like a silent tale of geological history. Her paws felt compressed against the cool, smooth stone, feeling relatively nice to walk upon without the consistent bothersome poking and prodding at her skin from the soil outside of the cave itself. Her ears consistently turned at the distant sound of water dripping from the stalactites that hung at the top of the cave-like ancient chandeliers. She hadn’t ever been on the inside of the cave before, only on the outside when she had been meeting with the other medicine cats. Speaking of the other medics, Springpaw found herself quietly wondering when they would be enduring another half-moon meeting. She doubted it would be anytime soon due to the recent political tensions that had occurred as of late, especially with both ShadowClan and RiverClan. The recent raid involving RiverClan only heightened those tensions, further making it relatively difficult to keep all the clans together in a relatively neutral state. But, RiverClan didn’t have any medicine cats yet due to both Tansypaw and Falconfeather seemingly disappearing without a trace. It was a shame. Springpaw had felt interested to know the former duo of medics more before they disappeared as soon as they were appointed. Especially Tansypaw, as the young tortoiseshell seemed like a relatively kind young molly to know and get along with. Sure, there was also Lightningstorm, but Springpaw held her heavy doubts about the fellow calico ever becoming a potential ally with her.

Her thoughts gradually came to a stop as both of the medics approached the moonstone, Springpaw’s eyes growing wide as she stared owlishly at the luminous blue quartz. It… looked relatively beautiful, to say the least. Its celestial glow radiated itself through the dull, gray-black cave walls, its luminosity staying tall as it glowed vibrantly. The calico felt tempted to take a closer look at the beautiful, yet strangely astonishing gem, but Drizzlecloud’s abrupt stop seemed to stop her from making any possible attempt at investigating the stone. The medic almost found herself wanting to ask once again why her mentor had brought her here, but the words had died as soon as they came once her mentor’s eyes rested upon her own, her eyes enlisted with an affectionate warmth that the calico only knew her mother often bore towards her. Springpaw found herself growing focused intently on the words that were escaping flawlessly out of her mentor’s maw. Her recent thoughts that she had once had rummaging through her mind had died, slowly rejuvenating and swarming with a whole new train of thoughts. Everything about the whole event of the raid had been terrifying, especially with the concept of her potentially losing one of the only cats that she had by her side after her former mentor had disappeared out of the blue. Rabbitchatter wasn’t much to her than just a fragment of a cat that taught her how to hunt and keep her chin held high, but Drizzlecloud was different. Drizzlecloud was a cat that Springpaw grew herself close to; that she looked up to like a family member of her own.

Her mentor’s words left something panging within her stomach, almost making her mind spin and whirl as she thought about all the events that had occurred before the raid. Their first patient, their first battle, the poison, the battle at Sunkissed Creek… There were so many things that she found herself thinking about, and she couldn’t get her thoughts out of the entire time that she had been a mere apprentice; a simple, young naive cat who didn’t have a single idea of what was going on in the world. She used to be a young feline who held high curiosity towards the simplest of things and was a big thinker, always devoted to the things that she thought were most important to her. The first thing that she had held much love and dedication towards was her siblings, raising them as if they were her kits after Smallsky had abandoned her and them. It still tremendously ached to think about her biological siblings, but it didn’t hurt as bad as it once did after her real mother had given birth to kits; a second chance for her to finally step up and be the big sister that she had always dreamed of being. But, her focus wasn’t solely about her family, it was about her growth. She had changed mentally, emotionally, and physically. She changed into a more stronger, intelligent feline than what she had used to be; she wasn’t any longer that burden that quivered and stuttered from anxiety. No, she was a true ThunderClan medicine cat; a member who had devoted herself heavily to her clan more than anything that she could ever achieve.

Drizzlecloud’s words of appreciation made her lips bore up into a smile that easily felt her lips beginning to ache tremendously from how wide her smile had stretched. Drizzlecloud was proud of her. She saw her as no longer the young apprentice who quivered from anxiety and hung herself in the dark; she saw her as a strong, independent molly who was capable of anything that was thrown at her. That weak, fragile shield that had formed on the day that she gained this horrific injury had strengthened and rejuvenated the moment that she was back on her paws and proved to herself that she wasn’t weak. She had Dovefluff’s support, Drizzlecloud’s gentleness, Bumblestar’s strength, and more. The certain cats in her clan were the initial reason why she was standing here today by the moonstone. Why she was standing here with Drizzlecloud making her speech and going on about just how deeply proud she was? Springpaw couldn’t muster the words that desperately wanted to come out, knowing well that Drizzlecloud couldn’t hear her even if she could speak. But, if she could hear her, she would thank her. Thank her for being the cat that she is today and for standing by her side since the day they both were appointed as medicine cat and medicine cat apprentice. The day that they stuck together by each other’s side and learned different complex herbs together. Thank her for not abandoning her and leaving her like how other cats had in the past. The deep trust had thrived to make it through that moment in time, and now, it was finally up to the point where Drizzlecloud was stating how proud she was to have had the calico as her apprentice. Of how proud of the experience that Springpaw had endured through their time together as mentor and apprentice.

Now? Springpaw had a choice to make. To accept the offer and finally rejuvenate into the next step of being a medicine cat, or reject and continue with her current name. There wasn’t much of an option that Springpaw held at the given moment, as she already had her mind set on what she wanted. She was chosen by the stars to be set on the path of healing. She was picked to become ThunderClan’s medicine cat. She had determination that she wasn’t going to become anything like how the past medicine cats had. They’ve all committed wrongdoings, and Springpaw wasn’t that. She was devoted to staying on the right path of a medicine cat, and she wasn’t going to let that go to waste from Drizzlecloud’s choice offered to her. So, with her head and tail held high and lips curled into a smile, the tears of utter joy prickling at the corners of her eyes. She finally nodded her head and began to speak. “I do.” Her tone shook but remained strong. She knew that Drizzlecloud wouldn’t be able to hear her, but Springpaw’s consciousness got the best of her. She could already see how proud her mother would be if she saw her right now. If Springpaw was certain, she would see that Dovefluff would be gushing tears and happily congratulating her daughter for achieving the goal of becoming a full medicine cat. Springpaw didn’t want to ponder on the thought for too long, keeping her gaze peeled on her mentor’s own as she waited for her to continue with the ceremony of making her a full medicine cat of ThunderClan.

@Omari

ThunderClan Healing | ThunderClan Medicine Den

Please know that my characters personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own. I am simply playing as their character.

My writing mainly depends on my current mood or motivation. Most of my posts take a good bit of time and effort to make due to my autism. Thank you for understanding and reading this.

DUE TO SCHOOLWORK AND HOME-LIFE RESPONSES ARE BOUND TO BE SLOW. WILL HOPEFULLY BE MORE ACTIVE FOR WEEKENDS

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!

Last edited by iliri; March 10th, 2024 at 09:00 PM.
Old March 11th, 2024, 02:49 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

The corners of her lips tugged upwards into a smile, taking a moment to just look at the molly that Springpaw had grown into. A quiet purr rumbled in her chest as she watched her apprentice smile, and a watery chuckle escaped her when she noticed the tears in her eyes. “Oh, no no, don't cry–if you cry then I'll cry, too. We can't have both of us crying now, can we?” She asked as a few stray tears managed to spill over her eyelids. Goodness. Drizzlecloud leaned over to carefully nose at the corners of Springpaw's eyes, playfully tutting under her breath as if scolding the poor girl. It was all in good spirits, though. She knew that a few tears would be shed here, after all.

I do. Although she hadn't actually heard it, she found herself conjuring up the sound within her own mind. With a sharp inhale, she straightened her posture once again to proceed. Not that they had an audience, but considering their location she felt it necessary to uphold at least a bit of formality. “Then by the powers of Starclan, I give you your true name as a medicine cat.” For a moment, she felt anxiety bubbling up in her gut, quickly dampening the feeling with a harsh swallow. “Springpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Springlight. Starclan honors your clarity, commitment and intelligence, and we–err, I, I suppose, since we're alone–welcome you as a full medicine cat of Thunderclan.”

It felt like a bit of a weight was lifted off of her shoulders, now that she had said it out loud. Drizzlecloud jerked her head slightly and lifted her tail, her fluffy tail-tip twitching in a come here sort of motion. With a smile etched into her features and watery eyes, she lifted her head to carefully rest her muzzle between her apprentice's ears, giving her an affectionate little nuzzle in the process. “I really hope you like your name, I'd hate to give you a name you didn't remotely enjoy..”

[ @vei ]

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!
Old March 16th, 2024, 02:50 PM
oink oink

Bump Policy: once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Stressed

Springlight
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
purrks: herbal knowledge - tier 2 | the collector | mind reader | skip the steps[all perm. active; sts for battle training]

The world felt tilted on its axis, and her naturally deep lapis-blue gaze flooded with the fury of tears that welled up in the corners of her eyes. Was it normal to feel the unbridled urge to start crying the moment that joy began to fill every crevice within her heart? She wasn’t sure whatsoever, and yet, she couldn’t find herself being able to control it. Her mentor’s words briefly touched the crevices of her mind, her lips sore from the wide smile smeared across her facial expression. Stars, how long had it been since she had smiled like this? She had regular, normal smiles before, but never ones like this. Words jumbled at the back of her throat, suppressing themselves to clutter out of her grasp as her mentor’s nose brushed away the stray tears that formed at the corners of her eyes. Each part of her mind felt sluggish at that very moment, pulling and tugging at her inner consciousness like the roaring salty shores of the ocean crashing up against the banks. Incoherently, she nodded, her sore lips still burning from the smile that tainted her expression. There wasn’t anything to further prove the fact that she felt pleasantly surprised by the fact that Drizzlecloud thought she was more than ready to earn her name, just from her taking charge of what had happened with RiverClan.

Such emotions couldn’t falter, only further fueling the swirling that expressed itself through her tremendous emotions. A sharp breath took itself into her lungs as she stood herself up tall, her tail whisking side-to-side. Each part of her flourished as she listened to Drizzlecloud begin the ceremony, stating her vows as she glanced skyward towards the illuminating ceiling before them both. The cool feeling beneath her paws from the stone spread itself through her body as she awaited for the name that her mentor was going to give her. A reminiscing warmth that spread itself throughout her body that she hadn’t felt since the days of her being adopted by Dovefluff when she was much younger. Her eyes blinked as the ticked tabby before her mentor rested her nose along the diluted calico’s head and finally gave her her name; the name that she had been long working for ever since she had been apprenticed. Springlight. She was no longer Springpaw, but Springlight. A full medicine cat of ThunderClan and a member of the clan that she had grown up in. A name that was granted to her because of her clarity and intelligence. Stars, the name would take some time getting used to, but being granted such a reward was nothing more than a pleasant experience for the calico to endure. Her smile had finally drifted, and the newly named medic gave herself time to get used to the new name that Drizzlecloud had granted her.

It was anything but horrible, in fact, Springlight adored it. The weight that Drizzlecloud had to bear along her shoulders finally being lifted must’ve been an enormous pleasure to have. The calico wouldn’t be certain with how she would be able to deal with it if she was the one giving an apprentice their name. But, but that’s not the matter now, this was, and Springlight adored every second of it. In response to her mentor’s question, the calico slowly shook her head to reminisce about the fact that she did not hate the name at all, as it fit her more particularly well than she thought. She wasn’t sure how she would be able to respond to her mentor’s comments without using any kind of verbal language. She had no clear understanding of how to use sign language, and there wasn’t any sort of communication that she knew how to send out. So how was she supposed to have known that well… she didn’t know what was supposed to happen next? Did they have to touch the moonstone now? She didn’t know, but she felt antsy to know what was bound to come forth of this whole ordeal.

@Omari [ this is a mess but i was rushing to get it finished before then! super sorry ]

ThunderClan Healing | ThunderClan Medicine Den

Please know that my characters personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own. I am simply playing as their character.

My writing mainly depends on my current mood or motivation. Most of my posts take a good bit of time and effort to make due to my autism. Thank you for understanding and reading this.

DUE TO SCHOOLWORK AND HOME-LIFE RESPONSES ARE BOUND TO BE SLOW. WILL HOPEFULLY BE MORE ACTIVE FOR WEEKENDS

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!