by dino.
Last post by Starfall
Today 12:24 AM

Old January 24th, 2023, 09:49 PM
:P

Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days !
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

⌦ .。.:*★⩩ @fallout? || p.s spirit found hollyberries - if wildpaw does eat them, unless she eats a large amount, she will not die !! tis just a mild.. poison.. yk.. vomiting, belly pain, just a little.. no death..
Ears perked up as a little, little baby - honestly, compared to his immortal self? Small child squeaked nonsense at him with such fire in her voice. Eyes flickered down to the hydromoss at her paws before looking back up, Spirit cocked his head to the side. "I'm dead. The holy ghost. Very simple, very simple indeed. My name is not one you need. No, names are a privilege. I am far from being a privileged soul. Though, my immortality is one of unqiue traits that you poor souls lack. Yet some may say it is a curse. Really, the question you ask is not the one that is needed. Let me offer you one, dear child. " They stepped forward, eyes wide with a mania that was unwinding as their grin grew.

"Who are you?"

With a hyena laugh, Spirit snapped back, eyes crinkling up in amusement at the show they were playing. Clan cats were awfully amusing. "I do not know who you speak of, I am simply here for berries. Wonderful, wonderful berries. Then I will disappear into the plane of nothingness until my hunger lurches once more. Would you like some? I have plenty to share, and I am a very generous ghost. Here, here. Try some, it is awfully delicious, " Spirit rumbled, pushing the pile of berries forward to Wildpaw.

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- currently on a hiatus until further notice --
pronouns.cc

Last edited by wolfie; February 23rd, 2023 at 07:25 PM.
Old January 25th, 2023, 03:28 AM
Vanity of Vanities

Status: Currently reading the New Prophecy series of Warrior Cats
My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archbone View Post

Foxpaw stuck their tail straight out and still walked a bit weirdly because they were unsure of how to stand properly. "I dont think this is for me." They said
Shadefrost laughed at his apprentice's comment, "you don't think this is for you. Really?" His question had a hint of amusement behind it, but his inquiry was as serious as the trees around them. "Okay then. So tell me, do you think Sparrows look at their mothers and say "I don't think flying is for me" just because it's hard?" He wiped the grin from his maw and instantly replaced it with the coldest look that his sapphire eyes could summon before continuing, "allow me to answer that for you. No, a sparrow would never say that to its mother, the reason why is because even it knows that if it doesn't want to die it will have to learn to do the inevitable, no matter how hard it may be." His voice was relatively calm, despite the fact that he was obviously scolding Foxpaw. However, it had lost its amused tone, which was something that Shadefrost would hardly let happen unless he was extremely irked, angry, or stressed. "Listen, you are going to have to learn how to do this if you want to eat in the future, so there is absolutely no getting around it okay.

“Maybe I Should Just Kill All The Higher-Ups.” - Satoru Gojo

My Cats:
Shadefrost
SilverLightning

Sigpic Art by Rose Pfp from Demon Slayer
Old January 25th, 2023, 07:54 AM
Fiercefire is backkkk!

Bump Policy: 5-7 days, 3 if its important
My Mood: Busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi 99 View Post
Shadefrost laughed at his apprentice's comment, "you don't think this is for you. Really?" His question had a hint of amusement behind it, but his inquiry was as serious as the trees around them. "Okay then. So tell me, do you think Sparrows look at their mothers and say "I don't think flying is for me" just because it's hard?" He wiped the grin from his maw and instantly replaced it with the coldest look that his sapphire eyes could summon before continuing, "allow me to answer that for you. No, a sparrow would never say that to its mother, the reason why is because even it knows that if it doesn't want to die it will have to learn to do the inevitable, no matter how hard it may be." His voice was relatively calm, despite the fact that he was obviously scolding Foxpaw. However, it had lost its amused tone, which was something that Shadefrost would hardly let happen unless he was extremely irked, angry, or stressed. "Listen, you are going to have to learn how to do this if you want to eat in the future, so there is absolutely no getting around it okay.
"Can't I just sprint and pounce on prey?" Foxpaw muttered. They demonstrated what they meant on a dead leaf. "I'm too fast that my prey wouldn't be able to run." They protested. "This 'hunters crouch' just isn't working for me."
I'm active most week days from 8:00am-3pm EST, and sporadically on weekends and holidays, but often significantly less than I am during school days. Won't be online afterschool most days and def not Wednesdays cuz karateee.
~~~~
Please DO NOT use LIGHT or GREEN/BLUE colors when RPing with me. I cannot see them
~~~~
| Cougarbite | Cloudheart | Forestpaw | Fiercefire! |
~~~~

Old January 25th, 2023, 04:18 PM
Life is full of surprises

Bump Policy: After 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

THornclaw stoppedin his midst as gentlepaw snarled at him the tom stayed silent as gentlepaw said sorry his eyes full of confusion and worriedness " i-i'll leave you alone i'm sorry if i was bugging you i was just worried" she replied softly before turning and walking off
@Cupidity

flareclan sign up - my Youtube channel- Character Bios - Forestclan sign up
Old January 25th, 2023, 04:56 PM

Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

The trespasser leapt at Shadowfur again, claws outstretched and aimed for his side. The black tom lurched out of the way, but not quite far enough. He underestimated the cat’s reach, causing the tips of the cat’s claws to score his flank. The wound was very shallow, but it still stung.

Shadowfur laughed when he saw that the other cat was breathless. “We’ve been fighting for only a few moments and you’re already tired? You aren’t meant for the wild, kittypet,” he snarled mockingly. The Enforcer leapt high on purpose, front legs outstretched. He intended to wrap his front legs around the cat’s neck and turn mid-air upon doing so, slamming the cat into the ground as a result. Then, he’d use his grip on the cat to snap the neck.

( @Cupidity Shadow will kill Wei in his next post, if his tackle is successful! I hope I explained it clearly enough. @daenerys Feel free to just wait to post until Wei is dead! )
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old January 26th, 2023, 10:02 AM
Vanity of Vanities

Quote:

"Can't I just sprint and pounce on prey?" Foxpaw muttered. They demonstrated what they meant on a dead leaf. "I'm too fast that my prey wouldn't be able to run." They protested. "This 'hunters crouch' just isn't working for me."
Shadefrost gave yet another laugh at his apprentices comment, "you just don't get it do you, well I wouldn't necessarily expect anyone so young to understand the way things work." He took a deep breath before continuing. What he was about to do would be a little annoying, but he was sure it needed to be done if they were to get on with their lesson. "Let's say that you are walking through the forest alone one day and suddenly you hear the sound of something scurrying in some nearby undergrowth, you haven't eaten at all that day and you're down wind, so you decide to do some hunting to quench that nagging feeling called hunger. You walk in the direction of the sound and suddenly the creature you were about to start hunting can't be heard anymore. You have no idea why you can't hear it nor can you smell it either and you're only about seven full fox lengths away from where it just was. First quiz, ask yourself this: What? Where? When? Why? How? and Who? 1. If you were hunting it right the creature would've had no reason to run. So What most likely happened to make the creature undetectable to your senses? 2. Where did the creature most likely end up if not in your grasp? 3. When (and I mean exactly When) did you lose the creature you were just "hunting"? 4. Why did the creature disappear if it seemingly had no reason to run from you? 5. If you happen to take a look at all the evidence and somehow you managed to come to the conclusion that the creature knew you were there, then tell me How it could have possibly figured that out if you were hunting the right way? And 6. Who is to blame for the prey escaping your grasp and you ultimately dying from starvation?

My Cats:
Shadefrost
SilverLightning

Old January 27th, 2023, 09:41 AM
Fiercefire is backkkk!

Quote:
Shadefrost gave yet another laugh at his apprentices comment, "you just don't get it do you, well I wouldn't necessarily expect anyone so young to understand the way things work." He took a deep breath before continuing. What he was about to do would be a little annoying, but he was sure it needed to be done if they were to get on with their lesson. "Let's say that you are walking through the forest alone one day and suddenly you hear the sound of something scurrying in some nearby undergrowth, you haven't eaten at all that day and you're down wind, so you decide to do some hunting to quench that nagging feeling called hunger. You walk in the direction of the sound and suddenly the creature you were about to start hunting can't be heard anymore. You have no idea why you can't hear it nor can you smell it either and you're only about seven full fox lengths away from where it just was. First quiz, ask yourself this: What? Where? When? Why? How? and Who? 1. If you were hunting it right the creature would've had no reason to run. So What most likely happened to make the creature undetectable to your senses? 2. Where did the creature most likely end up if not in your grasp? 3. When (and I mean exactly When) did you lose the creature you were just "hunting"? 4. Why did the creature disappear if it seemingly had no reason to run from you? 5. If you happen to take a look at all the evidence and somehow you managed to come to the conclusion that the creature knew you were there, then tell me How it could have possibly figured that out if you were hunting the right way? And 6. Who is to blame for the prey escaping your grasp and you ultimately dying from starvation?
"well firstly if I were to catch something I have to bring it back to the clan, as per the warrior code, no matter how starving I am." Foxpaw informed him. "And second, maybe I just need more time. Don't rush me into something I don't know anything about. And dont get mad that Im not getting it right away." They said, getting a bit insulted
I'm active most week days from 8:00am-3pm EST, and sporadically on weekends and holidays, but often significantly less than I am during school days. Won't be online afterschool most days and def not Wednesdays cuz karateee.
~~~~
Please DO NOT use LIGHT or GREEN/BLUE colors when RPing with me. I cannot see them
~~~~
~~~~

Old January 27th, 2023, 12:41 PM
Vanity of Vanities

Quote:

"well firstly if I were to catch something I have to bring it back to the clan, as per the warrior code, no matter how starving I am." Foxpaw informed him. "And second, maybe I just need more time. Don't rush me into something I don't know anything about. And dont get mad that Im not getting it right away." They said, getting a bit insulted
"I'm not mad that you aren't getting it right away," he said making his voice calm again. "If you ask me you're doing a pretty good job of getting the hang of it, even if you do have to practice some more. However, suggesting that you don't need to learn the hunters crouch is quite a boiling thing to say, especially when the hunters crouch is practically the backbone of hunting for a cat." He stood up and jumped off of his spot on the log, the sitting was starting to make his joints feel stiff and he wasn't going to deal with that on the way back to camp. He did a little stretch and then said, "hunting isn't just about killing and catching prey to eat, it's about killing and catching prey to survive. Which means when you hunt there is no room for error. For example, let's use the question I asked earlier. If you were to hear or smell a creature somewhere nearby and just start walking in its direction without taking any stealth measures, you wouldn't even see the thing before it heard you or possibly even felt you coming. Stealth is a key component in hunting, one that all animals use. Whether it's birds, snakes, dogs, foxes you name it they all use some form of stealth to catch their prey and that's what I'm trying to teach you."

My Cats:
Shadefrost
SilverLightning

Old January 27th, 2023, 04:50 PM
Fiercefire is backkkk!

Quote:
"I'm not mad that you aren't getting it right away," he said making his voice calm again. "If you ask me you're doing a pretty good job of getting the hang of it, even if you do have to practice some more. However, suggesting that you don't need to learn the hunters crouch is quite a boiling thing to say, especially when the hunters crouch is practically the backbone of hunting for a cat." He stood up and jumped off of his spot on the log, the sitting was starting to make his joints feel stiff and he wasn't going to deal with that on the way back to camp. He did a little stretch and then said, "hunting isn't just about killing and catching prey to eat, it's about killing and catching prey to survive. Which means when you hunt there is no room for error. For example, let's use the question I asked earlier. If you were to hear or smell a creature somewhere nearby and just start walking in its direction without taking any stealth measures, you wouldn't even see the thing before it heard you or possibly even felt you coming. Stealth is a key component in hunting, one that all animals use. Whether it's birds, snakes, dogs, foxes you name it they all use some form of stealth to catch their prey and that's what I'm trying to teach you."
Foxpaw backed up a bunch, focused their eyes on a stick next to Shadefrost, and leapt from where they stood, landing square on it. "if that was a piece of prey it would've had no time to escape." Foxpaw said.
~~~~
~~~~
~~~~

Old January 28th, 2023, 07:14 AM
Vanity of Vanities

Quote:

Foxpaw backed up a bunch, focused their eyes on a stick next to Shadefrost, and leapt from where they stood, landing square on it. "if that was a piece of prey it would've had no time to escape." Foxpaw said.
Shadefrost hung his head and released a long sigh, "it's like it all went through one ear and out the other," he said under his breath. This conversation was honestly starting to feel hopeless and exhausting the longer it carried on. "Okay. Nothing is going to sit still and wait for you to kill it, that's not how things work in the forest. And I'm not saying that your ability to catch prey is weak in any way either. However if you do not learn to use stealth when hunting you will hardly ever see a single whisker in this forest." He stopped and gave a thoughtful look and continued, "I fell like you're going to comment again so let me make this very clear to you. I was not exaggerating about the “not seeing a whisker” thing. Just because you hear or smell the prey close by, doesn’t mean you can just walk in it’s direction and by some miracle it be dumb enough to not run when it hears or possibly feels you coming. And yes, I said when. Because if you do not proceed towards it in a hunters crouch to minamize the noise you make and the vibrations you send into the earth it will know you are there before you’d know it’s gone.” Shadefrost wondered briefly whether Foxpaw would listen to what he’d just said, but seconds later he answered his own question. ”C’mon, follow me, we’re going a little deeper towards the heart of the forest.”

My Cats:
Shadefrost
SilverLightning