Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > The Starcave

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Willow art please?
Last post by forest
Today 11:05 AM
RiverClan Patrols
by Estelle
Last post by hades.
Today 10:25 AM
foggy dreams and bone deep...
by alec
Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 10:19 AM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by forest
Today 10:14 AM

Old March 22nd, 2018, 05:28 PM
AHHH

Bump Policy: As much as you want lol
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: The Starcave

(Me and Mystical are gonna slip in here as well. Let's pretend they don't see eachother XD)

Surgestorm paused outside the entrance to the darkened tunnel, casting a glance over his shoulder once again to make sure Oriolepaw was keeping up. This was probably her first journey at this distance, so he expected her to be at least a bit tired. Even he who'd made this journey every half moon, sometimes even more often, was tired. He shuffled in place quietly, smiling despite it all - his paws ached from frozen ground, the temperatures plummeting due to the sun's absence. The sky was clear and the night sky shone brightly. Lighting the way were the stars, thousands of tiny lights twinkling above them, but it sure was brisk outside. "The tunnel is gonna be dark until we get to the main cave, but don't be afraid. You can hang onto my tail if need be, or feel along the wall." He informed her quietly, eager to be inside away from the ice cold breeze blowing around them.

I am here but not really rping too much at the moment. If you wanna chat, feel free to send me a visitor message on my profile!
Old March 26th, 2018, 02:43 PM
Somewhere in Space

My Mood: Sarcastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero to Hero View Post
(Me and Mystical are gonna slip in here as well. Let's pretend they don't see eachother XD)

Surgestorm paused outside the entrance to the darkened tunnel, casting a glance over his shoulder once again to make sure Oriolepaw was keeping up. This was probably her first journey at this distance, so he expected her to be at least a bit tired. Even he who'd made this journey every half moon, sometimes even more often, was tired. He shuffled in place quietly, smiling despite it all - his paws ached from frozen ground, the temperatures plummeting due to the sun's absence. The sky was clear and the night sky shone brightly. Lighting the way were the stars, thousands of tiny lights twinkling above them, but it sure was brisk outside. "The tunnel is gonna be dark until we get to the main cave, but don't be afraid. You can hang onto my tail if need be, or feel along the wall." He informed her quietly, eager to be inside away from the ice cold breeze blowing around them.

Oriolepaw fluffed her fur up as much as she possibly could against the cold but walked with a skip in her step and her head held high. As tired as she may be she was determined to show him she could make the journey and she was proud to be making the journey. Oriolepaw peeked her head inside the tunnel her eyes straining to see light at the end. "I see what you mean," She said and stumbled back a bit. Taking a deep breath Oriolepaw looked up at the sky. All of her ancestors were looking down on her. Maybe even her father since her mother had never given her any information about him. But either way, knowing that StarClan was supporting her gave her courage. Especially due to the fact that the molly was not exactly a fan of the dark. She preferred nice warm light streaming down on her, darkness felt cold. She stretched her paws out in front of her and than stood, she began to pad inside the tunnel. She edged her way all the way down the tunnel feeling like she was suffocating in darkness, until finally she saw a light.
Old March 26th, 2018, 08:31 PM
AHHH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical View Post

Oriolepaw fluffed her fur up as much as she possibly could against the cold but walked with a skip in her step and her head held high. As tired as she may be she was determined to show him she could make the journey and she was proud to be making the journey. Oriolepaw peeked her head inside the tunnel her eyes straining to see light at the end. "I see what you mean," She said and stumbled back a bit. Taking a deep breath Oriolepaw looked up at the sky. All of her ancestors were looking down on her. Maybe even her father since her mother had never given her any information about him. But either way, knowing that StarClan was supporting her gave her courage. Especially due to the fact that the molly was not exactly a fan of the dark. She preferred nice warm light streaming down on her, darkness felt cold. She stretched her paws out in front of her and than stood, she began to pad inside the tunnel. She edged her way all the way down the tunnel feeling like she was suffocating in darkness, until finally she saw a light.
Surgestorm was surprised as Oriolepaw boldly took the lead down into the dark tunnel, but was quickly following at her heels. The darkness surrounded them quickly, and it quickly felt like the cold dankness of the tunnel was seeping into his bones slowly - the dark as its catalyst. However, it was certainly warmer than out in the breeze, so he was able to tolerate it. The only sound was a far-away sounding dripping, their pawsteps... and then a growing hum. As they neared their destination, the humming grew louder - he naturally strained his ears, trying to pick up on the illegible whispers that could be heard in the distance. Soon, a light could be seen, growing larger and more bright until the tunnel finally widened outwards into a fairly large cave. A large, milky-white stone rose jaggedly from the center of the cavern, and put off a faint glow that was the source of light. It seemed bright in the tunnel that lacked as other light source. Yellow hues observed the stone for a moment before turning and focusing on the younger cat beside him - gauging her reaction. After a moment of stillness, he smiled softly and took the lead this time- padding quietly to the moonstone. After dipping his head in greeting to his warrior ancestors, he turned toward the multi-colored she-cat once more. "Oriolepaw, is it your wish to enter the mysteries of Starclan as a medicine cat?" The sacred words echoed softly in the cave.

I am here but not really rping too much at the moment. If you wanna chat, feel free to send me a visitor message on my profile!
Old March 27th, 2018, 02:53 PM
Somewhere in Space

Quote:

Surgestorm was surprised as Oriolepaw boldly took the lead down into the dark tunnel, but was quickly following at her heels. The darkness surrounded them quickly, and it quickly felt like the cold dankness of the tunnel was seeping into his bones slowly - the dark as its catalyst. However, it was certainly warmer than out in the breeze, so he was able to tolerate it. The only sound was a far-away sounding dripping, their pawsteps... and then a growing hum. As they neared their destination, the humming grew louder - he naturally strained his ears, trying to pick up on the illegible whispers that could be heard in the distance. Soon, a light could be seen, growing larger and more bright until the tunnel finally widened outwards into a fairly large cave. A large, milky-white stone rose jaggedly from the center of the cavern, and put off a faint glow that was the source of light. It seemed bright in the tunnel that lacked as other light source. Yellow hues observed the stone for a moment before turning and focusing on the younger cat beside him - gauging her reaction. After a moment of stillness, he smiled softly and took the lead this time- padding quietly to the moonstone. After dipping his head in greeting to his warrior ancestors, he turned toward the multi-colored she-cat once more. "Oriolepaw, is it your wish to enter the mysteries of Starclan as a medicine cat?" The sacred words echoed softly in the cave.

Oriolepaw's jaw dropped open as she looked at the large stone like object emmitting light. It was beautiful and seemed to be calling her forward. Calling her closer. It was like a place she wanted to explore a pretty flower she wanted to get a closer look at. It felt right to go closer to it. To touch it. But what if she wasn't supposed to? Surely she was. For a while she just stood there, her jaw open wondering what she should do. Should she touch her nose to it or not? Suddenly it clicked. That was the moonstone, or starstone she couldn't quite remember, after all she had only heard about in gossip and what Surgestorm and Blazingstar had said. She wasn't exactly the smartest when she was excited. She tended to forget things then. When he dipped his head in gretting, probably a respect to their ancestors she knew that she was right. The large jagged stone was definitely the moonstone, or starstone, or whatever. She didn't know. She was just happpy. She was excited. Oriolepaw nodded excitedly at his question."Yes! I am!" She purred.
Old March 27th, 2018, 06:25 PM
AHHH

Quote:

Oriolepaw's jaw dropped open as she looked at the large stone like object emmitting light. It was beautiful and seemed to be calling her forward. Calling her closer. It was like a place she wanted to explore a pretty flower she wanted to get a closer look at. It felt right to go closer to it. To touch it. But what if she wasn't supposed to? Surely she was. For a while she just stood there, her jaw open wondering what she should do. Should she touch her nose to it or not? Suddenly it clicked. That was the moonstone, or starstone she couldn't quite remember, after all she had only heard about in gossip and what Surgestorm and Blazingstar had said. She wasn't exactly the smartest when she was excited. She tended to forget things then. When he dipped his head in gretting, probably a respect to their ancestors she knew that she was right. The large jagged stone was definitely the moonstone, or starstone, or whatever. She didn't know. She was just happpy. She was excited. Oriolepaw nodded excitedly at his question."Yes! I am!" She purred.
A rumble of laughter rose from somewhere deep within Surgestorm's chest at her enthusiastic answer, amusement and affection twinkling in his yellow orbs. He let a moment of silence pass, letting her answer sink into the surroundings - making sure StarClan heard how much she wanted this role. After a moment, his smile widened and he continued the ceremony. "Then come forward," He meowed, his gaze following her until they were both standing in front of the moonstone. The medicine cleared his throat, his gaze turning to the stone in front of him. He addressed it now. "Warriors of StarClan, I present you this apprentice. She has chosen the path of medicine cat. Grant her your wisdom and insight so that she may understand your ways and heal her clan in accordance to your will." His words echoed once again, but in what seemed like a more powerful way. The low hum grew louder, the glow of the rock steady and sure. The medicine cat smiled at Oriolepaw and gave her shoulder an encouraging nudge. "Now, we dream..." He meowed before leaning forward and touching his nose to the stone. The ebony tom lowered down onto his stomach, closing his eyes once he made sure Oriolepaw was doing the same.

Old March 28th, 2018, 07:45 AM
Somewhere in Space

Quote:

A rumble of laughter rose from somewhere deep within Surgestorm's chest at her enthusiastic answer, amusement and affection twinkling in his yellow orbs. He let a moment of silence pass, letting her answer sink into the surroundings - making sure StarClan heard how much she wanted this role. After a moment, his smile widened and he continued the ceremony. "Then come forward," He meowed, his gaze following her until they were both standing in front of the moonstone. The medicine cleared his throat, his gaze turning to the stone in front of him. He addressed it now. "Warriors of StarClan, I present you this apprentice. She has chosen the path of medicine cat. Grant her your wisdom and insight so that she may understand your ways and heal her clan in accordance to your will." His words echoed once again, but in what seemed like a more powerful way. The low hum grew louder, the glow of the rock steady and sure. The medicine cat smiled at Oriolepaw and gave her shoulder an encouraging nudge. "Now, we dream..." He meowed before leaning forward and touching his nose to the stone. The ebony tom lowered down onto his stomach, closing his eyes once he made sure Oriolepaw was doing the same.

Oriolepaw padded forward like he said. She watched every move he made so that she knew just what to do and how to do it perfectly. Once she was just a nose length away from the jagged stone she lay down on the cool ground and tucked her paws beneath her. She shivered slightly at the touch of the cool dirt that luckily for her was not wet soupy mud. She listened to his words and watched him reach forward to touch his nose to the stone. She did the same, knowing already that that was the way to connect with their ancestors. She touched her nose to the stone and closed her eyes just as she had watched him do. Oriolepaw's excitment bubbled in her stomach, but she stayed calm as she began to dream.

[Sorry it's short]
Old March 29th, 2018, 04:08 PM
AHHH

Quote:

Oriolepaw padded forward like he said. She watched every move he made so that she knew just what to do and how to do it perfectly. Once she was just a nose length away from the jagged stone she lay down on the cool ground and tucked her paws beneath her. She shivered slightly at the touch of the cool dirt that luckily for her was not wet soupy mud. She listened to his words and watched him reach forward to touch his nose to the stone. She did the same, knowing already that that was the way to connect with their ancestors. She touched her nose to the stone and closed her eyes just as she had watched him do. Oriolepaw's excitment bubbled in her stomach, but she stayed calm as she began to dream.

[Sorry it's short]
[I'm going to timeskip the dreaming because I have nothing set up for it. You may include it in your post if you had one planned]

Surgestorm's mind went blank as all settled and everything became quiet as they laid there next to eachother. It only took a few seconds for him to doze off, as if some other force was easing him into the slumber.
[Timeskip]
The medicine cat awoke slowly from his dream, his yellow eyes blinking open. He looked confused for a moment before he remembered where he was and what he had been doing. Yawning, the ebony tom slowly stood up and arched his back in a long stretch. His dream had had nothing of dire importance, but it had been exciting since it was Oriolepaw's first dream with StarClan. Speaking of... He looked over to where she still lay with her nose pressed into the stone, smiling affectionately. The tom squinted his eyes, seeing if she was drooling - she always seemed like she would be the type to drool when she was really out. He turned his gaze back to the stone after a moment, watching it glow softly, casting shadows everywhere in the cavern. It might have seemed creepy to anyone else, but Surgestorm felt soothed - knowing his ancestors were nearby. He sat back on his haunches, waiting for Oriolepaw to wake up.

Last edited by Zero; March 29th, 2018 at 04:08 PM.
Old March 31st, 2018, 08:17 AM
Somewhere in Space

Quote:

[I'm going to timeskip the dreaming because I have nothing set up for it. You may include it in your post if you had one planned]

Surgestorm's mind went blank as all settled and everything became quiet as they laid there next to eachother. It only took a few seconds for him to doze off, as if some other force was easing him into the slumber.
[Timeskip]
The medicine cat awoke slowly from his dream, his yellow eyes blinking open. He looked confused for a moment before he remembered where he was and what he had been doing. Yawning, the ebony tom slowly stood up and arched his back in a long stretch. His dream had had nothing of dire importance, but it had been exciting since it was Oriolepaw's first dream with StarClan. Speaking of... He looked over to where she still lay with her nose pressed into the stone, smiling affectionately. The tom squinted his eyes, seeing if she was drooling - she always seemed like she would be the type to drool when she was really out. He turned his gaze back to the stone after a moment, watching it glow softly, casting shadows everywhere in the cavern. It might have seemed creepy to anyone else, but Surgestorm felt soothed - knowing his ancestors were nearby. He sat back on his haunches, waiting for Oriolepaw to wake up.

Oriolepaw's eyes fluttered open and she jumped up with excitment. She was now officialy the medicine cat apprentice. She felt a sort of wet slime drip down her jaw and she pawed at it. She had been drooling?! Was she always going to do that? Did Surgestorm drool? Did other medicine cats drool when they dreamed? Did any medicine cat apprentices? She was pretty sure she was the only medicine cat apprentice in all the five clans but she couldn't be sure. For all she knew there could be an apprentice who was going to travel to the moonstone very soon to become a medicine cat apprentice. Maybe than she could have a friend her age! A friend in another clan? That would be cool! Oriolepaw knew that being a medicine cat offered new opurtonities and she wanted to grasp each one. "That was cool!" Oriolepaw purred happily.
Old April 2nd, 2018, 07:22 PM
AHHH

Quote:

Oriolepaw's eyes fluttered open and she jumped up with excitment. She was now officialy the medicine cat apprentice. She felt a sort of wet slime drip down her jaw and she pawed at it. She had been drooling?! Was she always going to do that? Did Surgestorm drool? Did other medicine cats drool when they dreamed? Did any medicine cat apprentices? She was pretty sure she was the only medicine cat apprentice in all the five clans but she couldn't be sure. For all she knew there could be an apprentice who was going to travel to the moonstone very soon to become a medicine cat apprentice. Maybe than she could have a friend her age! A friend in another clan? That would be cool! Oriolepaw knew that being a medicine cat offered new opurtonities and she wanted to grasp each one. "That was cool!" Oriolepaw purred happily.
Surgestorm chuckled, his yellow orbs brightening at her simple exclamation. It was amazing how one cat could make another feel so excited - the most excited he had been in moons. Had Turtleback been this proud and happy in this moment as he was now? He hoped so at least, because it was an amazing feeling even though it was an unknown road ahead. So many possibilities. If he was proud of just this simple situatipn now, he couldn't imagine when this bright she-cat began the real hardships of following in his pawsteps. It was going to be a long and hard road, but he had a strong and sure feeling that Oriolepaw was going to make it through with shining colors. She'd have her fair share of bumps along the way, Surgestorm would too, but they would make it through them together. Together... A concept he hadn't had the pleasure of knowing since he became the full medicine cat of WindClan. The medicine cat touched his nose to hers with a large grin. "The first of many cool experiences, I hope!" He meowed. "Shall we go home and get some sleep? We'll need plenty of shuteye for showing you the territory tomorrow morning... I know you've seen a bit of it, but that was just the tail of the mouse."

Old April 22nd, 2018, 03:36 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

@king kaleb!

(Does Daydream know about Juniperpaw disappearing? Don't think Shinefang would have heard.)

The air was thick with the promise of rain to come in the early morning. Shinefang gritted his teeth against the ache in his joints. He'd taken and used every herb he knew to take the edge off. As a fairly new medicine cat, the old tom was all too familiar with the truth that herbs were only able to do so much. Still, tonight he'd make an oath to do his best for his clanmates using the knowledge he had earned over these moons. He slipped into the cave and turned to look out at the field in front. The long blades of grass shimmered in the half-moon light like long stars, and the old tom sighed as he soaked in the stillness of the night.