Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Medicine Cat's...
by BEAR.
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 02:33 PM
tracker stuff
by starry
Last post by starry
Today 02:32 PM
RiverClan Elders' Den
by BEAR.
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 02:28 PM

Old April 15th, 2018, 09:14 PM
stardust memories

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: RiverClan Training Cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
wolfdancer had to use her paw to block her mouth to cover her growing smile. she was an apprentice, wolfdancer knew she wasnt going to get everything on the first try, hell no one would. not even the finest leader. she playfully sighed, standing up and padding over to where dawnpaw had fallen. she bent down, a reassuring smile on her face,"you okay down there? that seemed like a mighty fall from the dust in the air." she teased lightly,"but its okay, im sure youll get it the next time. second times a charm you know," she chuckled, sitting up more. "Maybe for now, so you dont miscalculate again ill place moss on the ground where youre suppose to swipe. you can catch it in your grip too to provide a more real affect, okay?" she didnt want dawnpaw to get too overwhelmed after all this was her first time out fo the nursery. and there was so much to do after this today. but wolfdancer wasnt worried, she knew dawnpaw was eager to learn and would get it eventually.
Although her head now ached, and the black dots were just now beginning to clear from her vision, Dawnpaw nodded, forcing herself to her paws. She looked up at Wolfdancer and let out a little nervous laugh, her fur coated in the training cave dust. "I guess I must've gotten too excited," she breathed as the dust settled back onto the ground. She gave her white coat a shake and readied herself. "Okay, let's try again," she mewed, a determined look in her eyes as she marched back to the starting point. Dawnpaw turned and settled back down, her belly barely brushing the ground and tail sticking out straight. "I'm ready!" she called to Wolfdancer, waiting patiently for her to place the moss ball in place of where the enemy or prey would be.

(Ohp here is my last post with Dawnpaw and Wolfdancer! ^^ @king kaleb!)

Last edited by Mauve; April 23rd, 2018 at 04:10 PM.
Old April 24th, 2018, 07:26 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauve View Post
Although her head now ached, and the black dots were just now beginning to clear from her vision, Dawnpaw nodded, forcing herself to her paws. She looked up at Wolfdancer and let out a little nervous laugh, her fur coated in the training cave dust. "I guess I must've gotten too excited," she breathed as the dust settled back onto the ground. She gave her white coat a shake and readied herself. "Okay, let's try again," she mewed, a determined look in her eyes as she marched back to the starting point. Dawnpaw turned and settled back down, her belly barely brushing the ground and tail sticking out straight. "I'm ready!" she called to Wolfdancer, waiting patiently for her to place the moss ball in place of where the enemy or prey would be.

(Ohp here is my last post with Dawnpaw and Wolfdancer! ^^ @king kaleb!)
"Its okay, any apprentice would get too excited after leaving camp for the first time." they chuckled, cuffing up a moss ball and rolling it into place infront of dawnpaw. they sat next to the molly now but giving her enough space to repeat the move once again. even if it was only the begining, wolfdancer still felt a rush of joy to see her apprentice so eager to do her best.
Old April 25th, 2018, 02:19 PM
stardust memories

Quote:
"Its okay, any apprentice would get too excited after leaving camp for the first time." they chuckled, cuffing up a moss ball and rolling it into place infront of dawnpaw. they sat next to the molly now but giving her enough space to repeat the move once again. even if it was only the begining, wolfdancer still felt a rush of joy to see her apprentice so eager to do her best.
Her eyes followed the ball being placed a a few steps ahead of her in the pathway as Dawnpaw settled back into the "undergrowth" that she was pretend hiding in. Her blue eyes trained on the moss ball in front of her now, the she-cat drew back her forepaw, tight against her chest. She drew in a slow breath before swiping outwards, the tips of her unsheathed claw snagging the moss ball and dragging it back towards her. "I did it!" the ragdoll feline squealed in excitement, her tail sticking straight up in the air. She turned her attentiont to Wolfdancer, a grin evident on her maw.
Old April 28th, 2018, 06:55 PM
whats up danger?

Quote:
Her eyes followed the ball being placed a a few steps ahead of her in the pathway as Dawnpaw settled back into the "undergrowth" that she was pretend hiding in. Her blue eyes trained on the moss ball in front of her now, the she-cat drew back her forepaw, tight against her chest. She drew in a slow breath before swiping outwards, the tips of her unsheathed claw snagging the moss ball and dragging it back towards her. "I did it!" the ragdoll feline squealed in excitement, her tail sticking straight up in the air. She turned her attentiont to Wolfdancer, a grin evident on her maw.
wolfdancer watched as she pulled her paw close to her chest, sweeping it out and catching the moss ball perfectly. it was always easier to follow out a move if you had a visual target on mind. she gave a rumbling purr, leaning down to swipe dawnkits head with her tongue,"Im proud of you, only on your second try too." she praised.

"Now im going to teach you how to pounce. this you can both use in battles and for hunting." she explained briefly before getting in position. she crouched down close to the ground like before, resting all of her weight on her back paws like before. "Youre going to do the same as you did before, resting allof your weight on your back paws," she explained out loud,"You rest you rest your front paws under you as far back as you can, and then-" she shimmied her butt a bit in preparation before leaping forward, her front legs extending as far out as she could go. which was a lot considering her size, and landing gracefully on her front paws, and turning midlanding to face dawnpaw,"you land on your front paws. instead of landing on your paws youd land on an attacker, try on your moss ball."
Old April 30th, 2018, 06:54 PM
stardust memories

Quote:
wolfdancer watched as she pulled her paw close to her chest, sweeping it out and catching the moss ball perfectly. it was always easier to follow out a move if you had a visual target on mind. she gave a rumbling purr, leaning down to swipe dawnkits head with her tongue,"Im proud of you, only on your second try too." she praised.

"Now im going to teach you how to pounce. this you can both use in battles and for hunting." she explained briefly before getting in position. she crouched down close to the ground like before, resting all of her weight on her back paws like before. "Youre going to do the same as you did before, resting allof your weight on your back paws," she explained out loud,"You rest you rest your front paws under you as far back as you can, and then-" she shimmied her butt a bit in preparation before leaping forward, her front legs extending as far out as she could go. which was a lot considering her size, and landing gracefully on her front paws, and turning midlanding to face dawnpaw,"you land on your front paws. instead of landing on your paws youd land on an attacker, try on your moss ball."
As Wolfdancer's sandpaper tongue ran itself across her head, a purr erupted from Dawnpaw, closing her eyes as she let the praise soak her fur like the midday sun. She felt proud that she was catching on, and proud that Wolfdancer was just as excited as her to start their training journey.

Dawnpaw now opened her eyes and nodded as the older warrior spoke. She watched her, silently mouthing to herself to keep track of the steps. It seemed easy enough, and with a grin of excitement the white and cream she-cat placed the moss ball back into the clearing, this time a little bit further away from her. "Okay, I think I can do it," she mewed with a determined look crossing her expression. Once again, she crouched back where she'd been "hiding" the first time, settling into the crouch that her mentor had showed her. One... two... three... she thought, wriggling her back haunches. After she had reached 'three' in her head, Dawnpaw opened her eyes, locking them on her target and launching herself through the air. She sailed through, whiskers flat against her cheek, and landed with both paws pressed down on the moss ball. Surprise lit her gaze and she blinked, her jaw dropping open. "I... I did it!" she gasped, looking up at Wolfdancer.
Old May 3rd, 2018, 08:29 PM
whats up danger?

Quote:
As Wolfdancer's sandpaper tongue ran itself across her head, a purr erupted from Dawnpaw, closing her eyes as she let the praise soak her fur like the midday sun. She felt proud that she was catching on, and proud that Wolfdancer was just as excited as her to start their training journey.

Dawnpaw now opened her eyes and nodded as the older warrior spoke. She watched her, silently mouthing to herself to keep track of the steps. It seemed easy enough, and with a grin of excitement the white and cream she-cat placed the moss ball back into the clearing, this time a little bit further away from her. "Okay, I think I can do it," she mewed with a determined look crossing her expression. Once again, she crouched back where she'd been "hiding" the first time, settling into the crouch that her mentor had showed her. One... two... three... she thought, wriggling her back haunches. After she had reached 'three' in her head, Dawnpaw opened her eyes, locking them on her target and launching herself through the air. She sailed through, whiskers flat against her cheek, and landed with both paws pressed down on the moss ball. Surprise lit her gaze and she blinked, her jaw dropping open. "I... I did it!" she gasped, looking up at Wolfdancer.
the warrior watched her make a successful pounce on the first try, feeling reoccurring pride rumble in her chest. "Im proud of you getting that on your first try! its one of the most important and used moves in all the clans." she mewed,"When it warms up i cant wait to take you out to the rivers where youll learn even more moves, but right now well focus on land battle moves, seeing as sometimes we cant use the river." she mewed, obviously because of the colder seasons. in her mind riverclan was some of the most resilient, having both land and water moves to showcase their skills. "I want you to try the same move on me, without your claws of course. I'll stay still while you do it, i want you to get used to using your moves on things besides mossballs." she chuckled, padding out more so she was infront of dawnpaw. there was a large size difference, wolfdancer being a mainecoon and all, so she crouched down to be more level height. "When pouncing on someone always look in the opposite direction youre going to pounce because if i look in your eyes and see it, itll be easier to block you if it were a real battle," she commented,"and always try and aim for the chest. itll know the attacker backwards."
Old May 9th, 2018, 01:15 PM
stardust memories

Quote:
the warrior watched her make a successful pounce on the first try, feeling reoccurring pride rumble in her chest. "Im proud of you getting that on your first try! its one of the most important and used moves in all the clans." she mewed,"When it warms up i cant wait to take you out to the rivers where youll learn even more moves, but right now well focus on land battle moves, seeing as sometimes we cant use the river." she mewed, obviously because of the colder seasons. in her mind riverclan was some of the most resilient, having both land and water moves to showcase their skills. "I want you to try the same move on me, without your claws of course. I'll stay still while you do it, i want you to get used to using your moves on things besides mossballs." she chuckled, padding out more so she was infront of dawnpaw. there was a large size difference, wolfdancer being a mainecoon and all, so she crouched down to be more level height. "When pouncing on someone always look in the opposite direction youre going to pounce because if i look in your eyes and see it, itll be easier to block you if it were a real battle," she commented,"and always try and aim for the chest. itll know the attacker backwards."
Once again, Dawnpaw felt the praise wash over her, though she didn't dwell on it for the same amount of time. Instead, the gears in her head shifted to pay attention to the new task at paw. Practicing on her mentor made the feline a bit uneasy - after all, the last person she wanted to face in a battle was her mentor. But this was training, and Dawnpaw was certain she wouldn't ever have to face the mainecoon in a real life fight. "Okay!" the apprentice chirped, backing up and glancing over her shoulder to make sure she wasn't about to run into any of the surrounding undergrowth bushes or thickets. She'd seen several cats going in and out of the medicine den recently with thorns clinging to their pelts, and she didn't want to be next in that long line. As she reached the starting point, Dawnpaw crouched down, examining the space between herself and Wolfdancer, and Wolfdancer herself. With Dawnpaw being the runt of her litter and just a smidge tinier than her littermates, her mentor was already easy larger than her. But the ragdoll molly easily pushed the thought down, determination narrowing her gaze. She made sure her claws were sheathed before repeating the moves - rocking back on her haunches, giving them a wiggle, keeping her tail still - until she felt ready. "Here we go," she whispered to herself. She lept forward, racing across the short distance. She averted her gaze to the left, hoping it was enough to convince Wolfdancer that she was going to attack there, when in reality she was going to strike from the right. But the timing hadn't been calculated quite right, and as Dawnpaw went to leap upwards, she started to fall short, her paws coming down onto the ground right in front of Wolfdancer instead of on her chest. The momentum curled the apprentice into a ball that aimed for the side of Wolfdancer, Dawnpaw reduced to a flurry of dust and fur as she rolled.
Old June 3rd, 2018, 11:55 AM
whats up danger?

Quote:
Once again, Dawnpaw felt the praise wash over her, though she didn't dwell on it for the same amount of time. Instead, the gears in her head shifted to pay attention to the new task at paw. Practicing on her mentor made the feline a bit uneasy - after all, the last person she wanted to face in a battle was her mentor. But this was training, and Dawnpaw was certain she wouldn't ever have to face the mainecoon in a real life fight. "Okay!" the apprentice chirped, backing up and glancing over her shoulder to make sure she wasn't about to run into any of the surrounding undergrowth bushes or thickets. She'd seen several cats going in and out of the medicine den recently with thorns clinging to their pelts, and she didn't want to be next in that long line. As she reached the starting point, Dawnpaw crouched down, examining the space between herself and Wolfdancer, and Wolfdancer herself. With Dawnpaw being the runt of her litter and just a smidge tinier than her littermates, her mentor was already easy larger than her. But the ragdoll molly easily pushed the thought down, determination narrowing her gaze. She made sure her claws were sheathed before repeating the moves - rocking back on her haunches, giving them a wiggle, keeping her tail still - until she felt ready. "Here we go," she whispered to herself. She lept forward, racing across the short distance. She averted her gaze to the left, hoping it was enough to convince Wolfdancer that she was going to attack there, when in reality she was going to strike from the right. But the timing hadn't been calculated quite right, and as Dawnpaw went to leap upwards, she started to fall short, her paws coming down onto the ground right in front of Wolfdancer instead of on her chest. The momentum curled the apprentice into a ball that aimed for the side of Wolfdancer, Dawnpaw reduced to a flurry of dust and fur as she rolled.
wolfdancer prepared herself for the pressure that was going to be against her chest but found a...lack of them. instead, a dusted over dawnpaw who face planted on the ground. it took her everything in her not to giggle at the sight, leaning down to nudge the side of the mollys face,"Oh honey, are you okay? that was quite a fall." she said softly, golden eyes wandering all over her body to make sure she didnt hurt herself. maybe they should try out more hunting moves instead, atleast then dawnpaw would be more focused on a more smaller target than her, and could learn off of those moves into battle ones.
Old June 6th, 2018, 01:04 PM
stardust memories

Quote:
wolfdancer prepared herself for the pressure that was going to be against her chest but found a...lack of them. instead, a dusted over dawnpaw who face planted on the ground. it took her everything in her not to giggle at the sight, leaning down to nudge the side of the mollys face,"Oh honey, are you okay? that was quite a fall." she said softly, golden eyes wandering all over her body to make sure she didnt hurt herself. maybe they should try out more hunting moves instead, atleast then dawnpaw would be more focused on a more smaller target than her, and could learn off of those moves into battle ones.
As the dust filtered into Dawnpaw's lungs, she found herself coughing up a storm, her shoulders heaving as she struggled to stand up. Her eyes stung like bee stings, but the young apprentice was certain she was fine - she had just never hit the ground that hard before. All of her momentum had been put into attacking Wolfdancer, and because of her miscalculation, had been thrown into her hitting the dirt. "I-I think so," she breathed, opening her blue eyes wide as if to get the dust to fall out that way. Her usually fluffy white pelt was now a light brown and she gave herself a shake, most of the debris flying off. Most cats might've been embaressed, but Dawnpaw simply laughed, shaking her head. "Maybe my warrior name should be Dawnfall; I can't seem to stay on my paws," she joked, humor lighting up her gaze as she looked at Wolfdancer.
Old June 9th, 2018, 04:42 PM
whats up danger?

Quote:
As the dust filtered into Dawnpaw's lungs, she found herself coughing up a storm, her shoulders heaving as she struggled to stand up. Her eyes stung like bee stings, but the young apprentice was certain she was fine - she had just never hit the ground that hard before. All of her momentum had been put into attacking Wolfdancer, and because of her miscalculation, had been thrown into her hitting the dirt. "I-I think so," she breathed, opening her blue eyes wide as if to get the dust to fall out that way. Her usually fluffy white pelt was now a light brown and she gave herself a shake, most of the debris flying off. Most cats might've been embaressed, but Dawnpaw simply laughed, shaking her head. "Maybe my warrior name should be Dawnfall; I can't seem to stay on my paws," she joked, humor lighting up her gaze as she looked at Wolfdancer.
wolfdancer padded closer to her, licking a bit of dust off of the mollys head. "to stay on the positive side, i vote dawnflight, for how you just soared in the air just then." she chuckled, keeping the mood light. all apprenticed messed up, but thats what made them get better just as fast. "I think we should go to the territory and try some hunting moves, theyll get you used to aiming for a target and help you with your battle moves. ones for catching prey and anothers catching an attcker, to look at it that way." they explained. "plus, i bet youll be strong enough to catch something on your first day for the clan, too."