Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
chilling by the water [rc...
Last post by Morrigan
Today 03:05 AM
Quietpaw Training Thread...
Last post by Morrigan
Today 02:47 AM
ThunderClan Clearing
by dino.
Last post by Morrigan
Today 02:30 AM
ShadowClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Morrigan
Today 02:29 AM
Kit Curriculum Finder
by poppy
Last post by Maybi
Today 02:01 AM

Old May 5th, 2017, 09:54 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Default Re: Calia's Garden [Private]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
The tom shook his head, smiling a little at her friendly words but remaining firm in his decision all the same. "It's alright. I can hunt for myself, I don't want to bother you. I'm... used to being on my own." His voice had gone back to that state that showed he was not to be bothered. Oh Obsidian. Such a mysterious cat, yet he really wasn't that complicated. Anyone who would take the time or so much as bother to figure him out could see that. He would reveal his personality, emotions, and past in layers.

As soon as something uncomfortable happened? All the layers rewrapped themselves around, making an iron bond that was near-to impossible to see through. Annoying. Obnoxious. Something that Obsidian was most definitely bothered with, but what was he going to do about it? Keeping himself guarded was important. So was security. And he wouldn't give it all up for some she cat. Still, in an attempt to give her at least some form of conformation that he wasn't angry with her, he managed a smile. It looked weak, and... to be honest... fake, but it was still there. Barely. "So! Where's the best spot to hunt?" The tom asked, unsheathing and sheathing his claws.

A nervous habit. A silly one too, but what was he to do about it? There wasn't much that he could do. He was supposed to sit back and take everything life threw at him, like he always did. As he always had done. And always would do. Irritating, but that was the way of the world, wasn't it? The way of the world was to do things the way they had always been. The way they would always be. Obsidian glanced at Calia, feeling just the slightest bit bad for ending their spar so early. He wished he had told her it wasn't her fault earlier, but too late now. She'd made a fine partner. It was all his fault for being so guarded, and not wanting to open up and let her in, and all of that stuff. Stuff that Obsidian had been judged for all his life. Perhaps he just wanted it differently this time.
Brightening at the sight of Obsidian's smile - weak or fake, it was still a smile, Calia bounced softly and, despite his previous statement of being able to hunt for himself and not bothering her, she began the short trek to the lush forest behind the cabin. She walked with a bounce in her step, moving carelessly yet confidently. As she guided the way, she hummed a random tune, giggling quietly at herself and her silliness. Finally, she responded to Obsidian, answering his former statement of not bothering her.

``Oh, believe me, you aren't bothering me.`` She glanced over her shoulder, a kit-like twinkle in her vibrant blue eyes. ``I have nothing better to do.`` When bushy treetops began to shelter them overhead, and melting drops of liquid fell upon them from curved leaves, Calia motioned ahead with a flick of her head. ``You can better find prey just by that tree - the big one, with the claw marks on it. Rodents like to feast on the nuts and such that fall around the trunk. Whenever I find a good hunting ground, I mark the area by either clawing up a tree, or leaving some unique building - like a twig sticking out of the ground, or a couple of sticks placed in a way where they form something bizarre.`` She twitched her whiskers and ears, as if proud of her work. ``They remind me to be quiet when I'm in the area, in case prey is around. They also make sure I know where I can go for good hunting!``

She chirped loudly, her ears pricked as she listened to the soothing sounds of nature. Bird call flooded her ears, musky scents interested her nose, and the growing forest caught the attention of her sight. ``I love the forest,`` Calia murmured softly, mainly to herself. After a few moments where she simply stood still, basking in her surroundings, she abruptly meowed, ``Whoever catches the the plumpest prey wins!``

And then she was out of sight.
Old May 6th, 2017, 02:50 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Well, Obsidian could play a game. Why not? It couldn't be that much different then the types of games that he used to play, after all... and it might even be fun. Who knew? Watching the ginger feline dart out of sight, the tom sighed and headed in the other direction. He'd be gone tomorrow. I do like it here, though... he thought, sighing. This was just great. Now he wasn't sure whether he should leave tomorrow or wait another day before going. Either way, it was going to take a while to get to the Syndicate. He hated the thought of traveling further, through more hostile cats' territories, and then getting to a killer's dream place. It sounded like the very center of hell. But then again, according to the starlets and his brother? He had been born in hell. So therefore, why not return to his birthplace? It was all he would ever be good for, all that he would ever be able to imagine.

What an absolutely horrible feeling. But it was the one he'd gotten before. A plump little rodent-- Obsidian wasn't sure which kind-- scurried across the ground before him. He pinned it by the tail, giving it one sharp bite to the neck and watched as it died almost instantly. That was a pretty plump little rodent... and while Obsidian wasn't naturally competitive, probably the reason he hadn't done so well in the 'world of show cats,' he did love to win.

When he could, that was. Obsidian hadn't won anything in a long time, and he carried his prey back to the tree. There were still some droplets of water sticking to him, and he shook them off with a disgusted expression. No cat liked getting wet. It was gross. It made him feel like he was drowning on land, which was a strange feeling... one that he didn't like in the slightest. He put the rodent down and watched it intently, as though he imagined it would just get up and scurry away within seconds. "Sun-- Calia?" What was it with him and calling her sunshine? It was a dumb nickname anyways, and he hated himself for coming up with it. At least he would be gone soon. He would be gone and he would leave the little sunshine behind. For some reason the thought of those tiny water droplets on Calia and how they had sparkled like diamonds entered his mind.

And, with them... how pretty she had looked right then.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.

Last edited by lone; May 6th, 2017 at 02:50 PM.
Old May 12th, 2017, 10:33 PM
i love sussy the bestest

Quote:
Well, Obsidian could play a game. Why not? It couldn't be that much different then the types of games that he used to play, after all... and it might even be fun. Who knew? Watching the ginger feline dart out of sight, the tom sighed and headed in the other direction. He'd be gone tomorrow. I do like it here, though... he thought, sighing. This was just great. Now he wasn't sure whether he should leave tomorrow or wait another day before going. Either way, it was going to take a while to get to the Syndicate. He hated the thought of traveling further, through more hostile cats' territories, and then getting to a killer's dream place. It sounded like the very center of hell. But then again, according to the starlets and his brother? He had been born in hell. So therefore, why not return to his birthplace? It was all he would ever be good for, all that he would ever be able to imagine.

What an absolutely horrible feeling. But it was the one he'd gotten before. A plump little rodent-- Obsidian wasn't sure which kind-- scurried across the ground before him. He pinned it by the tail, giving it one sharp bite to the neck and watched as it died almost instantly. That was a pretty plump little rodent... and while Obsidian wasn't naturally competitive, probably the reason he hadn't done so well in the 'world of show cats,' he did love to win.

When he could, that was. Obsidian hadn't won anything in a long time, and he carried his prey back to the tree. There were still some droplets of water sticking to him, and he shook them off with a disgusted expression. No cat liked getting wet. It was gross. It made him feel like he was drowning on land, which was a strange feeling... one that he didn't like in the slightest. He put the rodent down and watched it intently, as though he imagined it would just get up and scurry away within seconds. "Sun-- Calia?" What was it with him and calling her sunshine? It was a dumb nickname anyways, and he hated himself for coming up with it. At least he would be gone soon. He would be gone and he would leave the little sunshine behind. For some reason the thought of those tiny water droplets on Calia and how they had sparkled like diamonds entered his mind.

And, with them... how pretty she had looked right then.

[ ahh, I'm so sorry for lateness. busy bee xx ]

Calia trotted towards Obsidian just a few heartbeats after he almost mistakenly called her Sunshine. She loved it when he used his nickname for her, actually. She hadn't ever had a nickname before, and it intrigued her as to why Obsidian - just about a complete stranger - decided to give her one. And it confused her as to why he didn't call her by it so freely. She wouldn't laugh, she wouldn't dare embarrass him in any way... So why did he avoid using it?

The thought of Obsidian leaving hadn't even crossed Calia's mind since he arrived. She's been so occupied by her most recent guest - him - that she didn't realize he'd eventually leave. No doubt it would leave her heartbroken when he leaves tomorrow, after she is unexpectedly faced with the obstacle of his leaving. She wouldn't ever recover, as she never does, but she'd push it down. Whenever a guest left her for their travels, she'd spend a few days shoving the feelings they left her with. Then she'd continue with life, ignoring her caged emotions.

Carrying an impressive squirrel, Calia displayed a proud yet playful expression. She had clearly beaten him in their game. However, her squirrel had obviously faced tough times, with a ragged pelt and a few ugly scars across its body. Purring loudly, Calia set the squirrel down, before standing tall and meowing playfully, ``Look! I caught a `bad boy` squirrel! These are rare creatures, y'know. They roam in forests, growling at rival squirrels and impressing females with their rugged appearance.``

Old May 13th, 2017, 09:01 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
[ ahh, I'm so sorry for lateness. busy bee xx ]

Calia trotted towards Obsidian just a few heartbeats after he almost mistakenly called her Sunshine. She loved it when he used his nickname for her, actually. She hadn't ever had a nickname before, and it intrigued her as to why Obsidian - just about a complete stranger - decided to give her one. And it confused her as to why he didn't call her by it so freely. She wouldn't laugh, she wouldn't dare embarrass him in any way... So why did he avoid using it?

The thought of Obsidian leaving hadn't even crossed Calia's mind since he arrived. She's been so occupied by her most recent guest - him - that she didn't realize he'd eventually leave. No doubt it would leave her heartbroken when he leaves tomorrow, after she is unexpectedly faced with the obstacle of his leaving. She wouldn't ever recover, as she never does, but she'd push it down. Whenever a guest left her for their travels, she'd spend a few days shoving the feelings they left her with. Then she'd continue with life, ignoring her caged emotions.

Carrying an impressive squirrel, Calia displayed a proud yet playful expression. She had clearly beaten him in their game. However, her squirrel had obviously faced tough times, with a ragged pelt and a few ugly scars across its body. Purring loudly, Calia set the squirrel down, before standing tall and meowing playfully, ``Look! I caught a `bad boy` squirrel! These are rare creatures, y'know. They roam in forests, growling at rival squirrels and impressing females with their rugged appearance.``
"A bad boy squirrel, huh?" Alright. Maybe he should play along. What harm could it possibly do? Besides, it wasn't like she was suddenly going to get super attached... and Obsidian didn't get attached. Not very easily, anyways. C'mon bud. You owe it to her to be nice. He tried to work up the courage to at least give her a smile, but couldn't seem to do it. What was wrong with him? He knew the answer to that. He was going to be leaving here tomorrow, and he was going to feel horrible for doing it. It was a cruel thing to do, after all. "Well, looks like you won. You're a better hunter then I had thought." His expression was thoughtful, and somewhat worried. Was he being honest here? Yes. Definitely. She was a better hunter then he had thought she was going to be.

Perhaps not the nicest thing to say.

It showed quite a bit of doubt in her abilities, which he hadn't meant to suggest. The day wasn't yet halfway over and Obsidian needed to figure out something to do. He sighed, shifting his weight, looking around somewhat nervously, and thinking about what he wanted to do. The tom didn't so much as glance over at Calia again. He didn't really know what to do now. As long as he could keep himself guarded for just a little longer... just the slightest longer bit of time... he would be fine. And yet, he wasn't ready to leave this beautiful place. He didn't want to go yet. But he knew he would have to. It was for her safety as well as his own... if a twoleg-- or housefolk, as Obsidian knew them, were to come, they might end up taking both cats. The old man that Calia had told him about hopefully didn't know about his brother.

As long as that news stayed put, everything would be fine... for good.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.

Last edited by lone; May 13th, 2017 at 09:01 AM.
Old May 16th, 2017, 03:24 PM
i love sussy the bestest

Quote:
"A bad boy squirrel, huh?" Alright. Maybe he should play along. What harm could it possibly do? Besides, it wasn't like she was suddenly going to get super attached... and Obsidian didn't get attached. Not very easily, anyways. C'mon bud. You owe it to her to be nice. He tried to work up the courage to at least give her a smile, but couldn't seem to do it. What was wrong with him? He knew the answer to that. He was going to be leaving here tomorrow, and he was going to feel horrible for doing it. It was a cruel thing to do, after all. "Well, looks like you won. You're a better hunter then I had thought." His expression was thoughtful, and somewhat worried. Was he being honest here? Yes. Definitely. She was a better hunter then he had thought she was going to be.

Perhaps not the nicest thing to say.

It showed quite a bit of doubt in her abilities, which he hadn't meant to suggest. The day wasn't yet halfway over and Obsidian needed to figure out something to do. He sighed, shifting his weight, looking around somewhat nervously, and thinking about what he wanted to do. The tom didn't so much as glance over at Calia again. He didn't really know what to do now. As long as he could keep himself guarded for just a little longer... just the slightest longer bit of time... he would be fine. And yet, he wasn't ready to leave this beautiful place. He didn't want to go yet. But he knew he would have to. It was for her safety as well as his own... if a twoleg-- or housefolk, as Obsidian knew them, were to come, they might end up taking both cats. The old man that Calia had told him about hopefully didn't know about his brother.

As long as that news stayed put, everything would be fine... for good.
Like the naive molly she was, Calia simply disregarded Obsidian's suggestion that she was a poor hunter. She honestly didn't inhale the comment as an insult, or anything negative. In fact, she puffed out her chest and flashed him a proud grin. She had heard that statement more than once - `you're a better hunter than I thought`. It was given to her often, usually by guests that stayed overnight to experience her hunt. With all the free time on her paws, Calia mainly spent her time perfecting her skills - her hunting skills, that is. She couldn't fight to save her life.

``Yes, a bad boy squirrel,`` Calia meowed thoughtfully, her tail-tip casually twitching behind her. ``Best look out for them - they're the ones that throw acorns at our heads!`` She's been hit in the head by a flying acorn, yes. She genuinely believes squirrels are constantly tossing acorns at her head, like a game. If they hit her between the ears, they earn ten points. If they manage to hit her hard enough to bring her to the ground, fifty points! Calia especially hates it when the pointy end of an acorn hits her. It's bad enough to step on an acorn, why must they be chucked at her head?

``C'mon, let's bring our prey back. Then we can find out what to do next?`` Fluffing out her pelt, Calia lowered her head and scooped her squirrel into her mouth. Her canines gently pressed against the fresh-kill's skin, careful not to pierce it. With a quick flick of her head, the ginger-pelted she-cat lead the way back to the bridge. She gingerly stepped past the stiff stalks of plants until she reached the welcoming shade of her bridge. Smiling behind the bundle of squirrel, Calia stepped into the cool air cast from the bridge's shadow. She set her catch down, in the small patch of grass near her nest.

Abruptly, Calia jumped in the air, twisting, as she bounded to the end of the pond. She brought herself to a crouch beside the water, bringing her nose to the liquid before lapping at it. Refreshing water slid down her throat, immediately cooling her down. With such a thick, long pelt, Calia often got hot quickly. And being so restless didn't help. Her tail swept at the ground behind her, something her body did instinctively when she drank from the pool.

Suddenly, it hit her. With a dramatic gasp, Calia leapt to her paws, facing Obsidian. Each of her four paws were spaces apart, almost as if she had been surprised. Excitement shone in her bright blue eyes. ``Can you swim?``
Old May 17th, 2017, 02:40 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Like the naive molly she was, Calia simply disregarded Obsidian's suggestion that she was a poor hunter. She honestly didn't inhale the comment as an insult, or anything negative. In fact, she puffed out her chest and flashed him a proud grin. She had heard that statement more than once - `you're a better hunter than I thought`. It was given to her often, usually by guests that stayed overnight to experience her hunt. With all the free time on her paws, Calia mainly spent her time perfecting her skills - her hunting skills, that is. She couldn't fight to save her life.

``Yes, a bad boy squirrel,`` Calia meowed thoughtfully, her tail-tip casually twitching behind her. ``Best look out for them - they're the ones that throw acorns at our heads!`` She's been hit in the head by a flying acorn, yes. She genuinely believes squirrels are constantly tossing acorns at her head, like a game. If they hit her between the ears, they earn ten points. If they manage to hit her hard enough to bring her to the ground, fifty points! Calia especially hates it when the pointy end of an acorn hits her. It's bad enough to step on an acorn, why must they be chucked at her head?

``C'mon, let's bring our prey back. Then we can find out what to do next?`` Fluffing out her pelt, Calia lowered her head and scooped her squirrel into her mouth. Her canines gently pressed against the fresh-kill's skin, careful not to pierce it. With a quick flick of her head, the ginger-pelted she-cat lead the way back to the bridge. She gingerly stepped past the stiff stalks of plants until she reached the welcoming shade of her bridge. Smiling behind the bundle of squirrel, Calia stepped into the cool air cast from the bridge's shadow. She set her catch down, in the small patch of grass near her nest.

Abruptly, Calia jumped in the air, twisting, as she bounded to the end of the pond. She brought herself to a crouch beside the water, bringing her nose to the liquid before lapping at it. Refreshing water slid down her throat, immediately cooling her down. With such a thick, long pelt, Calia often got hot quickly. And being so restless didn't help. Her tail swept at the ground behind her, something her body did instinctively when she drank from the pool.

Suddenly, it hit her. With a dramatic gasp, Calia leapt to her paws, facing Obsidian. Each of her four paws were spaces apart, almost as if she had been surprised. Excitement shone in her bright blue eyes. ``Can you swim?``
Obsidian picked up his own catch, following behind. One more day. You can do this. Attachment had always been a problem for Obsidian. Anything solid, anything that he was sure would make a firm foundation, he would rest on. And guess what? Every other time he had been very wrong. Every other time he had gotten everything about a cat wrong, and it had resulted in nothing but disaster for him. Obsidian's expression was worried, cautious, as though he imagined something was going to go wrong just by talking to her. Dropping the creature down beside her squirrel, the black tom half-nervously, half-eagerly shifted his weight in anticipation for whatever was going to happen next. He could feel his body tense, muscles quivering in an anxious manner as he did so. Obsidian had seen things he had previously thought were impossible.

He'd gotten used to it.

Living with a house full of bossy and rude show cats, he'd learned a lot about staying out of the way of those better then him. He'd learned a lot about being careful and watching his step around them. But Calia didn't seem to be one of those bossy, rude cats. On the contrary, she seemed rather nice. Someone that Obsidian could get to know and get along with perfectly fine. He didn't want to get along with her, though. He didn't want to get to know her. He disliked absolutely everything about her. From her soft, ginger fur to her friendly, sparkling hues, Obsidian hated her. Why? No particular reason. He was just scared... and fear led to anger, leading to hatred. It was something he had learned long ago. He'd been scared of being a show cat. Then angry towards those who chose that path, and later hateful.

It was the same thing all over again here.

"Can I swim?" He repeated her question, cocking his head to the side in a puzzled manner. She'd looked so surprised, it had stunned him. "Uh, yes, I can swim. I don't necessarily like it, but I can do it." He shrugged a little, like it was no big deal. Like everyone could swim. And, where he had grown up, water had just been a part of life. With water came swimming lessons-- their father, a friendlier, ordinary cat, had taught Obsidian to swim. He'd gotten his Dad's features. Not the striking ones of his Mother. It was somewhat of a pity but at the same time, he was okay with it. "Why did you want to know?" He was suddenly suspicious of her intentions. This whole time he had been a little suspicious. Honestly, it was strange that she would just invite him into her territory. Or rather, he had come across it, but she was doing more then the average cat! A lot more.

And that, to Obsidian, was odd.

Last edited by lone; May 17th, 2017 at 02:41 PM.
Old May 19th, 2017, 08:28 PM
i love sussy the bestest

Quote:
Obsidian picked up his own catch, following behind. One more day. You can do this. Attachment had always been a problem for Obsidian. Anything solid, anything that he was sure would make a firm foundation, he would rest on. And guess what? Every other time he had been very wrong. Every other time he had gotten everything about a cat wrong, and it had resulted in nothing but disaster for him. Obsidian's expression was worried, cautious, as though he imagined something was going to go wrong just by talking to her. Dropping the creature down beside her squirrel, the black tom half-nervously, half-eagerly shifted his weight in anticipation for whatever was going to happen next. He could feel his body tense, muscles quivering in an anxious manner as he did so. Obsidian had seen things he had previously thought were impossible.

He'd gotten used to it.

Living with a house full of bossy and rude show cats, he'd learned a lot about staying out of the way of those better then him. He'd learned a lot about being careful and watching his step around them. But Calia didn't seem to be one of those bossy, rude cats. On the contrary, she seemed rather nice. Someone that Obsidian could get to know and get along with perfectly fine. He didn't want to get along with her, though. He didn't want to get to know her. He disliked absolutely everything about her. From her soft, ginger fur to her friendly, sparkling hues, Obsidian hated her. Why? No particular reason. He was just scared... and fear led to anger, leading to hatred. It was something he had learned long ago. He'd been scared of being a show cat. Then angry towards those who chose that path, and later hateful.

It was the same thing all over again here.

"Can I swim?" He repeated her question, cocking his head to the side in a puzzled manner. She'd looked so surprised, it had stunned him. "Uh, yes, I can swim. I don't necessarily like it, but I can do it." He shrugged a little, like it was no big deal. Like everyone could swim. And, where he had grown up, water had just been a part of life. With water came swimming lessons-- their father, a friendlier, ordinary cat, had taught Obsidian to swim. He'd gotten his Dad's features. Not the striking ones of his Mother. It was somewhat of a pity but at the same time, he was okay with it. "Why did you want to know?" He was suddenly suspicious of her intentions. This whole time he had been a little suspicious. Honestly, it was strange that she would just invite him into her territory. Or rather, he had come across it, but she was doing more then the average cat! A lot more.

And that, to Obsidian, was odd.

Calia brightened at Obsidian's claim. With a whisk of her tail, the long-haired, ginger-pelted she-cat whipped around and lunged into the pond. The cool water lapped at her lengthy belly fur, the stones at the bottom of the pool slipping into the space between her toes. She could practically hear the light clattering of pebbles clashing against one another, a sound she had always seemed to adore. Calia loved the sounds of anything related to water, such as the gentle rush of the clear liquid over a stepping stone. She especially loved the sound of water when it was being pushed through. When she moved her legs, and felt the weight of the liquid push against her limbs, she listened with pleasure to the noisy, sucking sound of the water.

Her tail had been dragged underwater, and if she were to life it above the surface, it would resemble a rat's tail - with the exception of her damp, hanging fur. Her pelt played a part in keeping her firmly against the pond floor. With such a heavy, thick pelt that absorbed water, she was pulled down. And if she couldn't swim, or if she were smaller than the depth of the water, then she would surely drown. Calia glanced over her shoulder, blinking away the drops of water she had unintentionally splashed onto her face. Her white whiskers sagged slightly, also weighed down by the weight of the water drops. With a loud meow of joy, a kit-like squeal, Calia called to Obsidian, ``C'mon! Join me!`` Her bright blue eyes gleamed with happiness, a silent challenge within her gorgeous eyes, daring him to swim with her.

She highly doubted Obsidian would join her - he seemed like the type to avoid fun. After all, he was purposely on his way to join the Dusk Syndicate - if that doesn't scream `I avoid fun`, then what does? Besides, he'd clearly stated he preferred not to swim, and when they were play-fighting earlier, he had abruptly ended their play. He wouldn't pursue entertainment, and Calia wondered why. Why would anyone cut fun from their lives? Who would turn away fun if they had the chance? Why cut enjoyment from your life? Calia didn't understand cats who struggled in having fun. In such a dark world, she'd think anyone would take a chance to have fun. She certainly would. The fact that Obsidian would be leaving tomorrow did not cross her mind - in that moment, in the water, she came to the conclusion that she would get him to open up to her, and she'd also show him what fun is. She felt he deserved to have fun.

Throwing her head back, a lighthearted laugh escaped past her lips, and she returned her gaze to the softly rippling water all around her. Calia lifted her paw, holding in a giggle brought on by the tickle of the small pebbles slipping between her toes. Holding her foot beside her head, she watched through wide, fascinated eyes as a stream of water connected her paw to the pond. She watched the clear water rush down like an elegant waterfall, hitting the water with a rough splash. The force of the water pulled the fur of her paw with it, almost like it was begging her to bring her paw back into the water. Calia smiled foolishly at this idea, allowing her paw to sink to the bottom of the pool once more.

Her smile slowly faltered. ``Do you ever wish that life could go by as smoothly as this water moves?`` Her eyes were narrowed in thought, as her brain tried to work out just what she was asking. She wore a frown now, flashes of her previous guests appearing in her mind. The fights, the thievery, the work... Was it all worth it? All her past actions brought her to this moment, this moment she shared with Obsidian... But was it worth it? Everything she had done brought her to this moment where she was sheltering a reserved tomcat that couldn't even continue conversation. Responsibility weighed on her shoulders, and she sat down in the water, as if the responsibility was too much to carry. But then she quickly reminded herself that she had willingly welcomed that weight onto her shoulders. She invited strangers into her home, feeding them and offering them a nest. She even endured the rough times where she'd offer a stranger a home, and wake up the next day to find all her prey gone. The question that constantly haunted her mind, however, was, Is it all worth it?

Silently reminding herself that Obsidian was there, Calia straightened her posture. Her shoulders rose, becoming broader, and she held her head high. She adopted a soft smile, closing her eyes as to enjoy the moment. She inhaled and exhaled until she found her anxiety was nearly gone, and she could once again be happy. She chose the life she was currently living, and despise all the hardships, she was happy with her life. Calia was content.
Old May 20th, 2017, 03:18 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Calia brightened at Obsidian's claim. With a whisk of her tail, the long-haired, ginger-pelted she-cat whipped around and lunged into the pond. The cool water lapped at her lengthy belly fur, the stones at the bottom of the pool slipping into the space between her toes. She could practically hear the light clattering of pebbles clashing against one another, a sound she had always seemed to adore. Calia loved the sounds of anything related to water, such as the gentle rush of the clear liquid over a stepping stone. She especially loved the sound of water when it was being pushed through. When she moved her legs, and felt the weight of the liquid push against her limbs, she listened with pleasure to the noisy, sucking sound of the water.

Her tail had been dragged underwater, and if she were to life it above the surface, it would resemble a rat's tail - with the exception of her damp, hanging fur. Her pelt played a part in keeping her firmly against the pond floor. With such a heavy, thick pelt that absorbed water, she was pulled down. And if she couldn't swim, or if she were smaller than the depth of the water, then she would surely drown. Calia glanced over her shoulder, blinking away the drops of water she had unintentionally splashed onto her face. Her white whiskers sagged slightly, also weighed down by the weight of the water drops. With a loud meow of joy, a kit-like squeal, Calia called to Obsidian, ``C'mon! Join me!`` Her bright blue eyes gleamed with happiness, a silent challenge within her gorgeous eyes, daring him to swim with her.

She highly doubted Obsidian would join her - he seemed like the type to avoid fun. After all, he was purposely on his way to join the Dusk Syndicate - if that doesn't scream `I avoid fun`, then what does? Besides, he'd clearly stated he preferred not to swim, and when they were play-fighting earlier, he had abruptly ended their play. He wouldn't pursue entertainment, and Calia wondered why. Why would anyone cut fun from their lives? Who would turn away fun if they had the chance? Why cut enjoyment from your life? Calia didn't understand cats who struggled in having fun. In such a dark world, she'd think anyone would take a chance to have fun. She certainly would. The fact that Obsidian would be leaving tomorrow did not cross her mind - in that moment, in the water, she came to the conclusion that she would get him to open up to her, and she'd also show him what fun is. She felt he deserved to have fun.

Throwing her head back, a lighthearted laugh escaped past her lips, and she returned her gaze to the softly rippling water all around her. Calia lifted her paw, holding in a giggle brought on by the tickle of the small pebbles slipping between her toes. Holding her foot beside her head, she watched through wide, fascinated eyes as a stream of water connected her paw to the pond. She watched the clear water rush down like an elegant waterfall, hitting the water with a rough splash. The force of the water pulled the fur of her paw with it, almost like it was begging her to bring her paw back into the water. Calia smiled foolishly at this idea, allowing her paw to sink to the bottom of the pool once more.

Her smile slowly faltered. ``Do you ever wish that life could go by as smoothly as this water moves?`` Her eyes were narrowed in thought, as her brain tried to work out just what she was asking. She wore a frown now, flashes of her previous guests appearing in her mind. The fights, the thievery, the work... Was it all worth it? All her past actions brought her to this moment, this moment she shared with Obsidian... But was it worth it? Everything she had done brought her to this moment where she was sheltering a reserved tomcat that couldn't even continue conversation. Responsibility weighed on her shoulders, and she sat down in the water, as if the responsibility was too much to carry. But then she quickly reminded herself that she had willingly welcomed that weight onto her shoulders. She invited strangers into her home, feeding them and offering them a nest. She even endured the rough times where she'd offer a stranger a home, and wake up the next day to find all her prey gone. The question that constantly haunted her mind, however, was, Is it all worth it?

Silently reminding herself that Obsidian was there, Calia straightened her posture. Her shoulders rose, becoming broader, and she held her head high. She adopted a soft smile, closing her eyes as to enjoy the moment. She inhaled and exhaled until she found her anxiety was nearly gone, and she could once again be happy. She chose the life she was currently living, and despise all the hardships, she was happy with her life. Calia was content.

"I don't know..."
The tom's voice trailed off at the mention of him joining her, and he looked doubtfully down at the water. She appeared to be having a good time all on her own, without him messing things up. Which, as he had been told, was 'all he was good for.' Stupid housefol- twolegs. He used to call them his housefolk. Now? They were just known as twolegs, nothing special. Horrifying creatures who kicked out out as soon as you were deemed worthless. Stupid creatures. They were ugly, too... Obsidian hadn't liked his twolegs-- his previous housefolk-- at all. And now he was under the opinion that all were the same. All were stupid. All were horrible. All were there to hurt him, that was all there was to it. "You seem to be having a pretty good time all by yourself." He added, though he wasn't sure what benefit that gave his argument of staying out.

Perhaps that it would have no real benefit to her if he were to get in. After all, what possible good could it do? She was playing around, laughing, smiling, giggling like there was no tomorrow. Like the only thing she had to worry about was the moment. Oh, how the black tom wished that were true. But he always had tomorrow to worry about... especially the next day. What was going to happen if he couldn't get to the Dusk Syndicate safely? The tom didn't want to be refrained from continuing on his journey. Softly, he put one paw in the water and swished it around in circles, watching it from above. Ripples spread outwards, making designs on the surface that were gone in an instant. Obsidian wondered why they would appear in the first place if they were just going to disappear just moments later? He didn't get it. Then again, Obsidian didn't get everything.

Being so cautious had it's drawbacks, such as he refrained from hearing news because he would stay away from cats most of the time. Throughout some time he'd been traveling on his own through unclaimed territory. He could have started a new life for himself! He could be living in a place of comfort and ease right now... Obsidian was not an ugly tom, he was, as a matter of fact, quite handsome-- just not up to show standards. Unfortunately. Her words gave him something to think about as he slowly put his other paw in the water. Now he was lying down, staring at his reflection, two blurred black circles beneath the surface showing where his paws actually were. "I don't know. If life was that smooth, we wouldn't ever learn anything." Like to be careful. Like that your so-called friends and allies are your enemies. "If life went by that smoothly, we'd all be weak and helpless." Though some are anyways.

"What about you? Do you wish life was that smooth?"
He guessed she was going to say yes. She seemed like a cat who would prefer comfort to the harder life. Then again, here she was, living on her own... in the middle of nowhere... with a twoleg coming by every once in a while, yes, but for the majority of the time she had either a guest or was on her own. And there was no telling whether the guests were pleasant or not. She's a lot tougher then I gave her credit for. Though he wouldn't say that. To him, she would always be a small ray of sunshine. Again, remembering the nickname, a smile appeared on his features just for a moment. For that one moment, his guard was down, his expression was soft, and his hues seemed to lose their hardness. It gave them depth. Worries, anger, a protectiveness and a fierce, burning fire showed within them all in that one moment.

It sounded strange, but that was what it appeared to be. And then in the next instant, he didn't know what he was doing... but he got in the water. What was he thinking? This was going to break down his guard. She was already slicing away at his barriers, and he was constantly trying to build them back up. No getting through. For anyone. Tomorrow he would be gone, and tomorrow there would be no more danger... because sometime soon, he'd be in the Dusk Syndicate. "Do you know how far the Syndicate is from here?" He asked her in a low voice, his paws touching the smooth pebbles at the bottom of the pond. The water was swirling all around him, which made his muzzle wrinkle in disgust; but at the same time, he kind of liked it. This was the first day in a long time he had allowed himself to have fun. This was the first day in a long time that he felt like he was safe. She wasn't going to hurt him. He was safe.

Old May 20th, 2017, 11:06 PM
i love sussy the bestest

Quote:
"I don't know..."
The tom's voice trailed off at the mention of him joining her, and he looked doubtfully down at the water. She appeared to be having a good time all on her own, without him messing things up. Which, as he had been told, was 'all he was good for.' Stupid housefol- twolegs. He used to call them his housefolk. Now? They were just known as twolegs, nothing special. Horrifying creatures who kicked out out as soon as you were deemed worthless. Stupid creatures. They were ugly, too... Obsidian hadn't liked his twolegs-- his previous housefolk-- at all. And now he was under the opinion that all were the same. All were stupid. All were horrible. All were there to hurt him, that was all there was to it. "You seem to be having a pretty good time all by yourself." He added, though he wasn't sure what benefit that gave his argument of staying out.

Perhaps that it would have no real benefit to her if he were to get in. After all, what possible good could it do? She was playing around, laughing, smiling, giggling like there was no tomorrow. Like the only thing she had to worry about was the moment. Oh, how the black tom wished that were true. But he always had tomorrow to worry about... especially the next day. What was going to happen if he couldn't get to the Dusk Syndicate safely? The tom didn't want to be refrained from continuing on his journey. Softly, he put one paw in the water and swished it around in circles, watching it from above. Ripples spread outwards, making designs on the surface that were gone in an instant. Obsidian wondered why they would appear in the first place if they were just going to disappear just moments later? He didn't get it. Then again, Obsidian didn't get everything.

Being so cautious had it's drawbacks, such as he refrained from hearing news because he would stay away from cats most of the time. Throughout some time he'd been traveling on his own through unclaimed territory. He could have started a new life for himself! He could be living in a place of comfort and ease right now... Obsidian was not an ugly tom, he was, as a matter of fact, quite handsome-- just not up to show standards. Unfortunately. Her words gave him something to think about as he slowly put his other paw in the water. Now he was lying down, staring at his reflection, two blurred black circles beneath the surface showing where his paws actually were. "I don't know. If life was that smooth, we wouldn't ever learn anything." Like to be careful. Like that your so-called friends and allies are your enemies. "If life went by that smoothly, we'd all be weak and helpless." Though some are anyways.

"What about you? Do you wish life was that smooth?"
He guessed she was going to say yes. She seemed like a cat who would prefer comfort to the harder life. Then again, here she was, living on her own... in the middle of nowhere... with a twoleg coming by every once in a while, yes, but for the majority of the time she had either a guest or was on her own. And there was no telling whether the guests were pleasant or not. She's a lot tougher then I gave her credit for. Though he wouldn't say that. To him, she would always be a small ray of sunshine. Again, remembering the nickname, a smile appeared on his features just for a moment. For that one moment, his guard was down, his expression was soft, and his hues seemed to lose their hardness. It gave them depth. Worries, anger, a protectiveness and a fierce, burning fire showed within them all in that one moment.

It sounded strange, but that was what it appeared to be. And then in the next instant, he didn't know what he was doing... but he got in the water. What was he thinking? This was going to break down his guard. She was already slicing away at his barriers, and he was constantly trying to build them back up. No getting through. For anyone. Tomorrow he would be gone, and tomorrow there would be no more danger... because sometime soon, he'd be in the Dusk Syndicate. "Do you know how far the Syndicate is from here?" He asked her in a low voice, his paws touching the smooth pebbles at the bottom of the pond. The water was swirling all around him, which made his muzzle wrinkle in disgust; but at the same time, he kind of liked it. This was the first day in a long time he had allowed himself to have fun. This was the first day in a long time that he felt like he was safe. She wasn't going to hurt him. He was safe.
Calia's ears twitched at the sound of the movement of water. She figured Obsidian would join her. Though her guest was most definitely an incredibly reserved tomcat, he seemed to be a follower. All this time, he's been just a few mouse-lengths behind her. He would lag behind a couple fox-lengths, but then rush to catch up with her like a frightened kit. She found this adorable, but it also proved to her that Obsidian had difficulty following what was true to him. If he were so focused on keeping to himself, why was he still in the garden with her? Why did he follow her to hunt? Why did he offer to spar with her? Sure, he was rather quick to end their spar, but the fact that he suggested such an activity convinced her that he didn't really want to be so secretive. He was hiding something that yearned to be told, but he refused to release it. Why? Calia did not know, but she wanted to.

She considered his answer. If life went by so smoothly, would they learn anything? Calia decided they would not. If life were perfect, there would be nothing to learn from. And if life were perfect... wouldn't life be boring? However, she disagreed with his opinion of weakness and helplessness. But, after all, she was incredibly kind, and to her, the words `weak` and `helpless` seemed mean. Plus, she offered a temporary home to those who were weak and helpless. It was why she did what she did, because some cats weren't strong enough or independent enough to take care of themselves. And maybe they landed themselves in the category of weak and helpless because some other cat looked down at them? Maybe they were once strong and healthy, but then an opposing force waddled along and decided they wanted to be the best?

``I wish nobody had to get hurt,`` Calia meowed softly, her gaze thoughtful as she looked ahead. A soft breeze disturbed the loose leaves on the undergrowth around her, and she watched as the gentle winds moved the water around her ever so slightly. ``I wish everybody had a chance.`` She had heard stories from guests who lost loved ones over something ridiculous. She heard of kits who died at birth. She learned of elders murdered over false words, and cats left to die over crow-food. The world was a cruel place, and Calia still struggled to adjust. She was too kind for the planet she currently resided on. Places like the Dusk Syndicate were much too rough for her. She adopted a soft smirk as she finished, ``I wish life could be a little ray of sunshine.`` Oh, I wish you would call me `sunshine` more freely.

The smirk fell, and she felt her head sharply whip around. She watched Obsidian sink into the water, and she let her head fall back slightly as she let a gentle laugh. She frowned at the mention of the Dusk Syndicate, pawing at the ground below her. The water sucked at her leg as she moved it, and the pebbles moved at her touch. Before answering, Calia giggled once again when the handsome tom wrinkled his nose. Though she knew everyone liked their own things, she wondered why many kits despised water. She actually loved the clear liquid. But with so much time on her paws, she's learned to love lots of things.

Calia brought her rear up from the bottom of the ground slightly, turning herself around until she faced Obsidian. However, she avoided his gaze, staring instead at the water before her. She continued to paw gentle at the pebbles underwater, causing the water to move roughly with her foreleg. ``It's not too far, I guess. I'd say... A two-day journey. At least, that's how long it took me to find this place from my last home. And I used to live very close to the Clans - the Dusk Syndicate has their home just beyond the Clans, beside the ocean. Remember to be careful there, okay?`` She brought her head up, letting her worried gaze fall on her guest. Forget anxiety caused by eye contact! She had to get her point across. Calia knew how vicious the Syndicate was, and she didn't want Obsidian to get hurt, or adopt their harsh ways. ``
Old May 21st, 2017, 05:21 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Calia's ears twitched at the sound of the movement of water. She figured Obsidian would join her. Though her guest was most definitely an incredibly reserved tomcat, he seemed to be a follower. All this time, he's been just a few mouse-lengths behind her. He would lag behind a couple fox-lengths, but then rush to catch up with her like a frightened kit. She found this adorable, but it also proved to her that Obsidian had difficulty following what was true to him. If he were so focused on keeping to himself, why was he still in the garden with her? Why did he follow her to hunt? Why did he offer to spar with her? Sure, he was rather quick to end their spar, but the fact that he suggested such an activity convinced her that he didn't really want to be so secretive. He was hiding something that yearned to be told, but he refused to release it. Why? Calia did not know, but she wanted to.

She considered his answer. If life went by so smoothly, would they learn anything? Calia decided they would not. If life were perfect, there would be nothing to learn from. And if life were perfect... wouldn't life be boring? However, she disagreed with his opinion of weakness and helplessness. But, after all, she was incredibly kind, and to her, the words `weak` and `helpless` seemed mean. Plus, she offered a temporary home to those who were weak and helpless. It was why she did what she did, because some cats weren't strong enough or independent enough to take care of themselves. And maybe they landed themselves in the category of weak and helpless because some other cat looked down at them? Maybe they were once strong and healthy, but then an opposing force waddled along and decided they wanted to be the best?

``I wish nobody had to get hurt,`` Calia meowed softly, her gaze thoughtful as she looked ahead. A soft breeze disturbed the loose leaves on the undergrowth around her, and she watched as the gentle winds moved the water around her ever so slightly. ``I wish everybody had a chance.`` She had heard stories from guests who lost loved ones over something ridiculous. She heard of kits who died at birth. She learned of elders murdered over false words, and cats left to die over crow-food. The world was a cruel place, and Calia still struggled to adjust. She was too kind for the planet she currently resided on. Places like the Dusk Syndicate were much too rough for her. She adopted a soft smirk as she finished, ``I wish life could be a little ray of sunshine.`` Oh, I wish you would call me `sunshine` more freely.

The smirk fell, and she felt her head sharply whip around. She watched Obsidian sink into the water, and she let her head fall back slightly as she let a gentle laugh. She frowned at the mention of the Dusk Syndicate, pawing at the ground below her. The water sucked at her leg as she moved it, and the pebbles moved at her touch. Before answering, Calia giggled once again when the handsome tom wrinkled his nose. Though she knew everyone liked their own things, she wondered why many kits despised water. She actually loved the clear liquid. But with so much time on her paws, she's learned to love lots of things.

Calia brought her rear up from the bottom of the ground slightly, turning herself around until she faced Obsidian. However, she avoided his gaze, staring instead at the water before her. She continued to paw gentle at the pebbles underwater, causing the water to move roughly with her foreleg. ``It's not too far, I guess. I'd say... A two-day journey. At least, that's how long it took me to find this place from my last home. And I used to live very close to the Clans - the Dusk Syndicate has their home just beyond the Clans, beside the ocean. Remember to be careful there, okay?`` She brought her head up, letting her worried gaze fall on her guest. Forget anxiety caused by eye contact! She had to get her point across. Calia knew how vicious the Syndicate was, and she didn't want Obsidian to get hurt, or adopt their harsh ways. ``

The way that she spoke about life moving as smoothly made Obsidian stop and think for a minute. Yes; perhaps it would be nice to have life move that smoothly, that easily. To have no one get hurt. That much would be very nice indeed. But, it wasn't possible. You couldn't change the way the world worked. If anyone could do it, she could. He thought with a slight smile, looking down at the pebbles at the bottom of the pond and moving them under his paw. They rolled just a little bit, and made him smile even more. Why that slight movement gave him pleasure was unknown, but it did. Maybe it was the consistent movement, knowing that they were there... that they would stay there, never changing-- at least not in that moment that Obsidian was standing in the pond. She could probably change the entire Syndicate if she tried to. He thought, another smile coming onto his features.

The thought of Calia putting so much as a paw in a place like the Dusk Syndicate was hilarious. Would she really be able to handle a rough place like that? Nope. But, she could change it. Change had always been hard for the tom. Even saying goodbye to the cats he hated the most had been hard, because they had always been there. Things had never changed with them and yet, he had gone away. So, why was Obsidian headed to the Dusk Syndicate? Because no one asked questions. Because as long as you kept your mouth shut, and were tough enough to handle the fighting, no one bothered you. Because although you might get beaten up, at least you weren't going to be hurt in the same way. Because no one knew anything about you, not unless you wanted them to, and it stayed that way. And yes, perhaps it was just an illusion Obsidian had built up.

But as far as he knew? It was somewhere other then where he had previously resided, and he was glad to be going there. "It might be nice for no one to get hurt," He admitted with a slightly softer expression. Then he never would have had problems. Everything would be fine and he would currently be living in a cat's paradise... only, the inside had been more like a cat hell. For those who didn't belong there. He had never belonged there. It had made most of his life miserable, and he resented his so-called family for that. His so-called brother most of all. The rest of his family hadn't had much to do with him, because he wasn't as desirable as the rest who entered or lived there. Perhaps, if no one got hurt, then things would be different. There would be no fighting. But if there was no fighting... then, when perfection did eventually wear off, as it always did... everyone would be weak and helpless.

A confliction indeed. He brought his head up, slowly, carefully looking at the ginger feline. She was definitely pretty; almost enough to pass as one of the "starlets" that he had known back at his home. But they were refined and poised, graceful, elegant, everything they did they did without failure. Not that Calia wasn't a graceful and elegant feline, she just emitted an air of warmth rather then stuffiness. Those cats were sickeningly sweet-- and it was a false sweetness, everyone knew it. They would sooner kill competition then wish them good luck, even though they were constantly saying 'good luck sweetie!' and other things like that in a way that made Obsidian feel like the competition should be watching their back rather then thanking the devious felines. Perhaps that was another reason he left. Was he really that scared of the long furred, doe-eyed stars of the show?

The answer was yes. They terrified him. He had constantly been scared they might just get rid of him because he wasn't 'show material,' but looking back, he should have been grateful he wasn't. Sure, they had treated him as their own personal toy, but at least they hadn't been too horrible to him. Thank goodness. As she looked up at him, her eyes meeting his own, his expression changed from one of soft interest to one of concern and anxiety. He glanced away, looking anywhere but directly at her. "I don't think you need to worry about me at all." He mewed in a somewhat rough voice, his expression harder then it should be. Just the slightest bit. He appreciated that she was trying to be nice, and that she did care, but really-- it was going to make him feel bad. "Look. The fact that you want me to be careful is nice. It really is, but I would prefer not to know anyone cares." The tom closed his eyes with a slight shudder.

"I don't want to know if anyone cares."
He mewed again, this time making eye contact all on his own. If someone cared, he didn't need to know about it. All his life he was more used to not being cared about, and the fact that Calia might actually care? It was scaring him. He didn't want the comfort of having an idea that someone, someone out there cared whether he lived or died. Cared whether he was okay or hurt. Cared whether he suceeded or didn't. Maybe he was jumping to conclusions, but then again, maybe not. Which was it? That was something he was going to have to decide for himself.