Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
foggy dreams and bone deep...
by alec
Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 02:53 PM
WindClan Clearing
by Ian
Last post by CloudlessEve
Today 02:52 PM
Why did they take you...
Last post by Morrigan
Today 02:48 PM
RiverClan Patrols
by Estelle
Last post by ChaosBringer.
Today 02:46 PM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by Silverfur & Co
Today 02:39 PM

Old November 29th, 2017, 07:03 PM
constantly tired

My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: SkyClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Closed RP

@seasalt @mompaws @Okapi @AbsurdJinx

Shinefang dragged his herb-ladden oakleaf as he walked backwards out of his den. It was late morning in Skyclan, and the day was beginning to warm, giving his old joints a break. Now was a good time of the day to catch cats back from border and hunting patrols. Not to mention, it gave Juniperpaw time to make her way here from Riverclan. Standing in the clearing, to grizzled old tom cleared his throat. "Listen up! I need some cats to listen to me moan and groan about how old I am. Any cats who make me feel like they're listening will be rewarded with a seemingly genuine compliment about how kind, smart or whatever they are. Any takers? Come on, seriously, step right up. You, Fennelheart, come listen to your old mentor gripe. Owlwing! Pipitchirp, you too!"
@mompaws @Okapi @AbsurdJinx @Charmer
The white and gray tabby was somewhere in the clearing, looking like she was about to get up for something. Owlwing thought about going hunting for a bit before the morning warmth went away, but hesitantly froze moments before. Her amber optics looked toward the elderly medicine cat, filled with confusion for a moment, then a bit of hesitation, as she lifted herself from the ground, stretching out her limbs for a moment, before the tabby glanced at Shinefang, a thoughtful expression. Owlwing didn't mind listening to an elder ramble, she thought it was a worth thing in her day, to be completely honest. And, that they could have quite interesting stories. The warrior made his way to him, ears twitching as she did so, and stopped, not saying much then a, "Sure." Owlwing didn't speak much with those who she didn't know, only small little words, or a lot of words, depending on what she wanted to say, or not. She was known for being rather quiet anyways, but only by cats who didn't know her. She wasn't very talkative really with any of her friends either, but she talked more than she usually did with cat's she didn't know.

Last edited by seasalt; November 29th, 2017 at 07:05 PM.
Old November 30th, 2017, 07:53 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crybaby (At the Disco) View Post
Turtleshell blinked apologetically. Not meaning to startle him, and unsure if she was interrupting, she mumbled another quick “sorry”. Turtleshell sat, tail wrapping around her paws as she tried to locate where she thought his face would be based on the sound he made. This time, her gaze met his, and she cast a small smile in his direction. She hoped she wasn’t smiling at a tree, and he was the other way, but she was pretty sure she was looking at him. Pretty sure being the key words. Her glassy eyes reflected slightly, shining brightly. The pupils seemed permanently dilated, large and taking up a majority of her eyes. Turtleshell curled her tail, taking a small bite of her prey. She wished she could hunt for herself or her Clan, but her inability to see limited her abilities during both fighting and hunting, so that was wishful thinking. She smiled, glad he wasn’t angry..or at least, he didn’t seem angry, so she relaxed slightly. Now came making conversation, which she was somewhat good at. She was cheerful to say the least, and tended to ramble slightly. She hoped it wasn’t rude she didn’t make eye contact, because, well, she really couldn’t help it! She didn’t know where his eyes were, she had to judge off his short mews and occasional noises. Turtleshell dipped her head, wondering if that was the truth, but not pushing the subject, she didn’t want to upset him. He seemed to become a bit happier for a moment, but then turned sad again. She wondered why he seemed so sad. “That’s a nice name!” She mewed. Yarrowpounce sounded energetic to her, something that didn’t match his attitude currently. Turtleshell decided it was her mission to sort of befriend this tom, because he seemed like he needed a friend. When he said that, she gave a tiny shrug. “Well, I don’t know many other cats, and you seem like you could use some company.” She mewed honestly, hoping it didn’t come across another way. Was it rude? She didn’t intend for it to be, but she didn’t know if he interpreted it that way. She took another small bite, waiting for his reply.
The mostly white tom's ears swiveled as he heard her quickly mumbled apology, his mouth moving as if to say 'it's okay', but no words actually coming out so he simply shut his mouth again. His eyes blinked slowly as he watched her sit, an inward sigh escaping him as he realized he would be forced to acknowledge his own social awkwardness yet again. It was part of the reason he stopped trying to talk to others of the clan. Earlier on, before he met Willowrain, while he was awkward, he didn't generally try to hold back from trying to speak to others. Now he pretty much tried to avoid it altogether.
Their gazes met briefly, Yarrowpounce trying to offer her a small smile back seeing that she was smiling at him, before slowly looking away. Direct eye contact had always made him feel weird and he could usually only hold it for so long. But when he had looked directly in her eyes they seemed a bit weird.. He couldn't quite place it at the moment, but something did seem slightly off. Silence seemed to settle between the two as she took the first bite of her food, the smell hitting his nose and making his stomach twist and tear in hunger, his jaws clenching slightly. He usually couldn't even feel his own hunger, to actually feel it was a little bit of a surprise. Most of the time he felt numb in his own skin, glued to the ground he laid, not even feeling hungry, just tired but not able to sleep.
His yellow eyes flickered to look back at Turtleshell as she complimented his name, the tip of his tail just barely flicking. "I.. didn't exactly uh.. P-Pick it but thanks." He said quietly, trying to offer another smile again before looking away.
When the she-cat responded to him mentioning that there was probably better cats to share their food with, he seemed to fall quiet for a moment before also responding.
"I'm surprised t-that someone actually noticed me. I was content to rot here by myself." A somewhat rattly chuckle escaped him before he stopped it short. "I apologize. That's not something I should be l-laughing about."

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old December 1st, 2017, 06:37 PM
constantly tired

My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
The fight at the Gathering. Greystep hadn't been there, but he had heard about the horrors that had happened. The Dusk Syndicate was gone now, though - wasn't that a good thing? They wouldn't be returning, at least he hoped not, and a shudder went down his spine at the thought of all the fighting that had happened recently. It seemed a lot had taken place since he and Owlwing had last spoken, but he couldn't quite find the words to describe why he wished they could have spoken sooner, and more. Maybe it was just a friendly wish - yes, that seemed logical enough. A friendly wish that he could see his friend more often. Hopefully that wish would be granted soon. "I - I wasn't th - there, s - sadly... to help... but, um, I - uh - I'm glad it, err, went w - well." He cleared his throat awkwardly, shifting his weight and looking down at the ground, doing his best to avoid eye contact with Owlwing, and not saying anything else for a while until he felt like he should respond to her question. "Oh, I've been - been good, um... I - I avoided th - the Gathering, like I - like I said, so no... no problems there." It was less of a stammer and more of just stumbling over his words semi-dumbly, which was good. That meant he was one step closer to talking without a stammer to Owlwing. He had done it with Splotchfeather quite easily, but she had been so cheery and excited all the time that it had been impossible for him to remain nervous around her.
Owlwing had a difficult time fighting at the gathering. It was hard to avoid the fighting, and the Dusk Syndicate held a grudge against her clan, so that was very bad plus. Moving around the conflict with words was.. quite difficult in the circumstances of what she had gotten her paws into. And Owlwing was absolutely terrible at fighting. And... the Dusk Syndicate was a vicious bunch, so no mercy was expected from them, none at all. She had gotten pretty nasty wounds on one of her legs, one of her back legs to be exact, and hunting was pretty hard at the moment, she couldn't really do anything about it. And the rest of her wounds, had been also a little bit on the bad side, but.. she was fine now. They had healed, save for her leg. But, that was healing pretty good, so she had gotten lucky, she had supposed. Which, was sorta true. The she-cat nodded, her smile falling a bit as she thought about the fight at the seastones, her amber optics narrowing a bit, before going to normal. It appeared things had been.. not so good for the white tabby she-cat. But Owlwing didn't want to show it. She knew Graystep would worry. "I'm glad you didn't." Was all the she-cat said. What else was their to say? She didn't want to make him feel like he wasn't strong enough to fight in the gathering if he had went. Owlwing wanted to be careful of her words, to not upset her friend. She was afraid of doing so. She didn't want to upset anyone, and she meant anyone. Even cats she didn't know. But, Owlwing was pretty good with words, so it wouldn't really be a problem. But.. sometimes she did make herself have a hard time trying to find the right words to say. Probably because she barely talked with anyone save cats she fought with to avoid conflict, Graystep, or some of her friends she didn't talk with often. She shouldn't worry about it, but she did. She knew Graystep would be rather upset if she didn't pick her words right. Or, thought. She really needed get to know him better. "Do you want to go on a walk maybe later?" The gray tabby asked, "It would be nice to chat and walk through the territory for a bit, it would be good to stretch out our legs anyways. And.." The she-cat paused, smiling a bit as she spoke. "It's a bit cold, isn't it?"
Old December 2nd, 2017, 03:28 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasalt View Post
Owlwing had a difficult time fighting at the gathering. It was hard to avoid the fighting, and the Dusk Syndicate held a grudge against her clan, so that was very bad plus. Moving around the conflict with words was.. quite difficult in the circumstances of what she had gotten her paws into. And Owlwing was absolutely terrible at fighting. And... the Dusk Syndicate was a vicious bunch, so no mercy was expected from them, none at all. She had gotten pretty nasty wounds on one of her legs, one of her back legs to be exact, and hunting was pretty hard at the moment, she couldn't really do anything about it. And the rest of her wounds, had been also a little bit on the bad side, but.. she was fine now. They had healed, save for her leg. But, that was healing pretty good, so she had gotten lucky, she had supposed. Which, was sorta true. The she-cat nodded, her smile falling a bit as she thought about the fight at the seastones, her amber optics narrowing a bit, before going to normal. It appeared things had been.. not so good for the white tabby she-cat. But Owlwing didn't want to show it. She knew Graystep would worry. "I'm glad you didn't." Was all the she-cat said. What else was their to say? She didn't want to make him feel like he wasn't strong enough to fight in the gathering if he had went. Owlwing wanted to be careful of her words, to not upset her friend. She was afraid of doing so. She didn't want to upset anyone, and she meant anyone. Even cats she didn't know. But, Owlwing was pretty good with words, so it wouldn't really be a problem. But.. sometimes she did make herself have a hard time trying to find the right words to say. Probably because she barely talked with anyone save cats she fought with to avoid conflict, Graystep, or some of her friends she didn't talk with often. She shouldn't worry about it, but she did. She knew Graystep would be rather upset if she didn't pick her words right. Or, thought. She really needed get to know him better. "Do you want to go on a walk maybe later?" The gray tabby asked, "It would be nice to chat and walk through the territory for a bit, it would be good to stretch out our legs anyways. And.." The she-cat paused, smiling a bit as she spoke. "It's a bit cold, isn't it?"
Greystep smiled at the she cat, glad for her support. He hadn't gotten a lot from his clanmates - it seemed that they found him to be more of a coward then before. The Maine Coon was already scorned for being of kittypet blood, by some of the cats whose family trees stretched over generations of clanborn cats. And not half-Clan, either... just plain clanborn cats who were perfectly "normal" in the sense of the word. Greystep wasn't sure how big the Clans would be if they were made up of just plain, 'normal' cats. Ordinary was more like it, although the Maine Coon was pretty sure he would be set upon by a pack of angry clanborn cats if he were to call them perfectly ordinary. No, normal was the nicer thing to refer to them as. "Thank you." It was the first full sentence that Greystep had said that didn't involve any stammering, or repeating of words since the beginning of this conversation.

But, since he knew Owlwing, it was easier for him to pull himself back from "the brink" then it would be with, say, a she cat that he was just meeting. In Acornflash's case, it hadn't felt like that long before they became friends, and the same with Splotchfeather. With Owlwing it had been pretty good, but not perfect. It seemed that toms were an easier target for him, or younger cats. Cats his age? They were more difficult to talk to. They'd seen and done a lot of the same things as he had, and that meant that he was going to have to actually speak on the matter. Which he was not very good at at all.

"A walk sounds... sounds nice, um..." The grey tom's voice trailed off as he smiled, and just in time since Owlwing continued her thought right after he had finished. "It is cold," The tom agreed, with another small smile. His voice was getting somewhat steadier. He was doing better with short sentences. As for long ones? Well, that was something he was still working on. Eventually he would be more comfortable around Owlwing again and then everything would be perfect. If Acornflash came back, that was. Once he had all his friends again (and crushes, which would make things more complicated but oh well) he would be happy.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old December 2nd, 2017, 03:50 PM
sushi

My Mood: Unpredictable

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
he thought about the question. in reality, there wasnt a moment the tom wasnt stressed. he had a habit of worrying about the littlest of things, and stressing about everything. with the whole thing between windclan and thunderclan only made arrowpaw nervous. it could possibly get straclan involved, and that only made him more nervous! he wasnt a fighter, but a lover. he wanted peace and harmony. but instead of spweing all of these thought he gave a small shrug,¨im okay right now, just enjoying the morning before its gone.¨ he mewed. he always liked mornings. they were always quiet, like him. peaceful. ¨its so pretty during leaf fall.¨
Vulturepaw tugged her lips upwards into the general direction of the tom, nudging her paw towards his side in a friendly manner. The long-haired female closed her eyes, indulging in the crisp winter air as she inhaled through her nostrils. Her tail curled up around her hind, not that it was felt by her. Through her thick amounts of mainly-grey fur, the she-cat was basically immune to the soft movements of her own body; including foliage being snagged onto the down-like hairs. She reopened her globes slowly, but the grin still remained on her charming face. "Well, I'm glad for that. Y'know, if you ever feel upset you can always come to me. I've been told I'm a good listener." Vulturepaw spoke at an even pace, not wanting to seem exciteable or over-energetic; she was neither of those things. The femme just wanted to make Arrowpaw aware that she was there for him ,and anyone else. If someone needed to rant or vent, then the she-cat was always there to hear it. "Agreed," she began, tossing her gaze towards the leaf-littered ground, "I like how the nights are longer. It gives me more time to think."
i slithered here from eden just to sit outside your door

♡━━━━━━━site━━━━━━━♡

Last edited by mvoxhu; December 2nd, 2017 at 04:17 PM.
Old December 2nd, 2017, 11:48 PM
I am a Niffler

My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undercover View Post
((No problem; my posts are gonna be short and spaced farther apart for awhile))
Purekit flicked an ear as she hurried after him. Hey! He has longer legs! Waaayyy longer legs for sure. She smiled, despite the fact that she had to trot to keep up with the tom cat's long stride. The she-cat brushed up her fur as another gust of wind threatened to pick her up off the ground. "Oh," she replied, flashing a small smile. "Okay. Thanks for telling me." Her tail twitched, It's nice of him to help me out., she thought to herself, blinking once. As she studied his prey, the female plopped onto her silver-furred haunches and watched him eat. Her blue orbs met his own as she listened to him speak. Tell me about yourself, Purekit. She frowned in concentration, her muzzle screwed up. What was there to tell? She was only three moons. Shrugging, Purekit began, not sure exactly how to answer. "Well," she meowed, blinking in a rather stupefied way; a smile began a to creep back onto her maw. "I'm three moons old. I have a mousebrained stomach that basically hates everything my mouth sends down to it and I sometimes like to play with the other kits. I'm small for my age, and I don't like the nursery; it's crowded." Purekit took a deep breath; maybe she had more to talk about than she assumed before. "My brother is Tawnykit, and my mother is Swanheart." The she-kit sighed, her smile vanishing. "I don't know who my father is." At this, her tail twitched with dissatisfaction.
(Bump : ) )

"The guilt invested will in time pay wisely" -Falsettos

|Character List|Profile Picture|

Old December 3rd, 2017, 03:18 PM
predictably unpredictable

My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Ashfeather had been depressed ever since her mate died. Ashenstorm had been pretty much the only light in her life, and now that he was gone, the she cat was alone once more. They'd never gotten to start the family they'd talked about. He had been taken from her, dead as far as she knew, possibly still alive, but either way he was gone. And if he ever came back, that would bring that light back into her life, but until then... Ashfeather was likely to remain depressed. A sigh escaped the she cat as she sank down, her tail curled around her hindquarters, head resting gently on her front paws, a look of utter distress written on her features.

Yes, Ashfeather appeared to have almost given up on life. It was like all she wanted to do was lie down and keep still and hope that she wouldn't be noticed. Ashfeather didn't feel much like eating, or hunting - a bird lay in front of her, one that had been given to her along with the comment 'you need to eat,' but somehow that was the last thing Ashfeather felt like doing.

What did anyone know about this, anyways? Did that cat know what it was like to be in love? To have lost love? Ashfeather sincerely doubted it, although she never would have said that to their face. Her blue eyes scanned the clearing, the life gone from them. She didn't even feel shy anymore, she just felt... empty. She'd felt this way for a while now. More then anything else she felt like a burden to the Clan, but there was nothing she could do about it. She was nothing more then a burden to the Clan at this point, just sitting around and doing nothing. I really shouldn't be here. SkyClan didn't even feel like her home anymore, more like just some place where she had been born and raised. It might have been her home by definition, but it wasn't in her mind.

It wasn't a place that she would miss if she left, and it wasn't a place that would miss her. What sort of a home was that? Ashfeather sighed, shifting her weight again so that she was lying on her side now. The bird remained untouched in front of her. Everything reminded her of Ashenstorm at this point, especially this bird. The first time she had gone hunting with her mate, she had caught a bird - something she remembered clearly. And yet she had released it. She hadn't wanted to take the life of something so beautiful.

This only made her miss Ashenstorm more, and she could feel tears almost welling up in her soft blue eyes. But Ashfeather didn't want to cry. That would make things so much worse. She didn't want anyone to know that she was hurt, because she didn't want to talk about Ashenstorm. She never wanted the memory of her mate to be forgotten, yet she refused to speak of him. She was terrified to speak of him, but she wanted so badly for everyone to remember.

@Hexict
A brown tabby pushed through the entrance to the camp and made his way towards the fresh-kill pile. Ferretnose has gone out to hunt by himself, wishing for some fresh air. The warrior felt like so much was happening. He was still uncertain about the four other clans - and still having a difficult time believing that they existed all along yet Starclan never informed them before - then there was that Syndicate, the villainous group of cats that hated Skyclan and eventually tried to attack all the clans. The tom's pelt prickled every time he thought about the remnants of that group. He even distrusted the other clans! Who's to say they aren't as power-hungry as the Syndicate? Even he was aware of the tensions between Windclan and Thunderclan. Would that break into a fight? Would it be like the Syndicate's attack? How many cats would be killed?

Plus, the tom had lost his two kits on the journey while Skyclan traveled here. Quailkit had been killed during the move, while Hickorykit had suddenly disappeared. Ferretnose prayed everyday that Hickorykit was still alive, was finding their way back, that the two of them was going to the reunited. But they were just a small kit. They were only a few moons old... why would they separate from the group? And if they were alive, why hadn't they found the clan yet? The warrior shook his head to rid himself of these dark thoughts. He refused to believe his kit was dead. Instead, he clung onto the little hope that he had - the hope they would one day see each other again.

As he reached the pile, Ferretnose placed the two squirrels that he caught on top. Though as he did so, the warrior's stomach growled in opposition to the motion. He quickly snatched one of the squirrels off the pile again and turned to find a spot in the clearing to settle down and eat. His yellow orbs' attention was caught by a molly who laid by herself, fresh-kill untouched and neglected. hesitating for a moment, the tabby decided to go over to her. At first, he believed that he didn't want to get into a whole thing - and she seemed like there was a whole thing going on with her - but he realized that he had nothing better to do. He didn't have much people to talk to now a days, and had little to do... so why not? As he neared her, he recognize her as Ashfeather. The warrior who had recently lost her mate in a similar fashion as his had lost his own kits. For a moment the warrior wondered if it wasn't a good idea to start a conversation, but found himself not looking for an escape.

Instead, he felt more motivated to speak with her.

Ferretnose dropped the squirrel in front of him as he settled down about a tail length from the molly. Swishing his tail across the ground, he looked her over once more. "Now hungry?" The brown tom questioned as he nodded towards the bird. Ferretnose himself could understand where her mind was at. He could understand why she wasn't eating. But that didn't make it any better for her.

character siteroleplay trackerdeviantart
┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛
Old December 3rd, 2017, 05:59 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
@seasalt (don't forget, try to keep to one response per day for the duration of the roleplay and no going more than 48 hours.)

As two of the cats began to come closer, almost as if right on schedule, none other than Juniperpaw came bounding into the clearing with her usual energy. "Junebug," you may it," said Shinefang, grinning at the young she cat. "Everyone, in case you didn't already know. This is Juniperpaw from Riverclan. She's here as my guest today. I'll explain more of that in a moment. Owlwing! Come and join us already!" He called after the last shecat, his whiskers twitching. He turned to Pipitchirp next. "That's good, because I have a doozy of a complaint. Leafbare is coming, I'm older than some trees, and I'm Skyclan's only medicine cat. Now when Ebony frost left and I took over, it wasn't because I'd been properly trained as a medicine cat. It was because I managed to spend so much time in the medicine den that I managed to pick up just enough to almost get by. But I'm still not even close to knowing everything so I can't very well train an apprentice. Well, not a medicine cat apprentice. Fennelheart heart was my warrior apprentice once but that's beside the point. If something happens to me, I don't want Skyclan starting from nothing with a new medicine cat. Today I'm going to teach you all the basics of healing battle wounds and keeping them from getting infected. You won't be medicine cats or anything by the time we're done, but you may be able to help out a wounded cat in a pinch. However, please please please come and find me or another medicine cat if what you learn today isn't going to cut it. If you waste time trying to heal in ways you can't, you won't be doing the cat you're tying to help any favors. We clear?" Shinefang asked, looking around to make sure everyone seemed to understand. "Good. Now to do this properly, I'll need a volunteer to be my 'injured cat.' Who's up for it?"
(My mentality is screaming volunteer and my cat would never volunteer)
Fennelheart was more of one to observe rather than volunteer. She whispered,” Maybe Juniperpaw should. Or you should let Juniperpaw demonstrate on you.” She meowed as she didn’t see how it might be useful for a warrior to know herbs So is he arranging it so if he dies, the four of us will be forced to bicker amongst ourselve on who will have to give up our mates and kits and become a medicine cat...

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old December 4th, 2017, 05:53 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

@king kaleb!

Gingerly sticking his nose into the fresh kill pile, the Skyclan leader pulled in the different scents, looking for one in particular even though it was getting to the season where he couldn't really be picky about what he hate. Regardless, he had his hopes on there being a rabbit, as rare as they were in this territory. But he'd be satisfied with a squirrel as well.
It might have looked comical now, his head nearly completely buried in the meager pile, searching for what he wanted before finally a chuff of delight escaped him, his jaws latching around a scrawny rabbit, pulling it out from nearly the center of the food pile.
A look of triumph was placed on his muzzle and his tail was raised high in the air. A small victory, but one that could put a smile on his face any day. Then again, there were many things that could put a smile on this tom's muzzle.

With his meal now firmly grasped in his mouth, Grousestar settled himself in a sunny little spot in the clearing. Sure it was getting colder out and the suns light didn't seem to provide as much warmth as it usually did, he still enjoyed being able to lay down in the rays of light, he couldn't quite explain it. It was like a moth being drawn to light, he just couldn't help it.
Setting the scrawny rabbit down, he began to carefully pluck the fur off of it, as he usually did before he chowed down. He didn't overly enjoy eating mouthfuls of the coarse fur that it was covered in. And as he did this, he allowed his emerald gaze to slowly sweep over the clearing, watching the cats that were in it, getting a general feel for how the mood of the clan was. It seemed well, but quietly he always worried that there were some cats that felt left out, like they didn't belong in this clan, and he wished that he knew who they were so that he could talk with them. He found all of his warriors useful, and just about every cat could be useful to the clan in their respective ways {though there were still a few very rare cases, but those hardly crossed the leaders mind for they were so rare}.
Sighing out, the brown tabby continued to watch the clearing as he finished up plucking off the fur from the rabbit, a gentle purr rumbling in his chest.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old December 4th, 2017, 06:42 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
@king kaleb!

Gingerly sticking his nose into the fresh kill pile, the Skyclan leader pulled in the different scents, looking for one in particular even though it was getting to the season where he couldn't really be picky about what he hate. Regardless, he had his hopes on there being a rabbit, as rare as they were in this territory. But he'd be satisfied with a squirrel as well.
It might have looked comical now, his head nearly completely buried in the meager pile, searching for what he wanted before finally a chuff of delight escaped him, his jaws latching around a scrawny rabbit, pulling it out from nearly the center of the food pile.
A look of triumph was placed on his muzzle and his tail was raised high in the air. A small victory, but one that could put a smile on his face any day. Then again, there were many things that could put a smile on this tom's muzzle.

With his meal now firmly grasped in his mouth, Grousestar settled himself in a sunny little spot in the clearing. Sure it was getting colder out and the suns light didn't seem to provide as much warmth as it usually did, he still enjoyed being able to lay down in the rays of light, he couldn't quite explain it. It was like a moth being drawn to light, he just couldn't help it.
Setting the scrawny rabbit down, he began to carefully pluck the fur off of it, as he usually did before he chowed down. He didn't overly enjoy eating mouthfuls of the coarse fur that it was covered in. And as he did this, he allowed his emerald gaze to slowly sweep over the clearing, watching the cats that were in it, getting a general feel for how the mood of the clan was. It seemed well, but quietly he always worried that there were some cats that felt left out, like they didn't belong in this clan, and he wished that he knew who they were so that he could talk with them. He found all of his warriors useful, and just about every cat could be useful to the clan in their respective ways {though there were still a few very rare cases, but those hardly crossed the leaders mind for they were so rare}.
Sighing out, the brown tabby continued to watch the clearing as he finished up plucking off the fur from the rabbit, a gentle purr rumbling in his chest.
it felt....odd to be in skyclan camp. it was much different then theirs. they had the tall trees, not the shadowing pines and flooded puddles every where. it felt nice. they of course had been helping shinefang out with something, or else they wouldntve had a real reason to be in skyclan in the first place. slipping out the medcat den,their eyes went into slits when adjusting to the light. they felt the subtle chill seep into their skin, beyond their short fur, but it was welcomed.

they felt old. older then they really were. they were helping both juniperpaw and shinefang with things, and they were planning to check in on the newest medcat, calicapaw. maybe it was because they never had a proper mentor. kertrelberry seemed to fade, northpath wouldnt come to them, and geckoleaf...well...she went missing. they could still feel a pang in their chest. they were taking on a lot, they were now the second oldest medcat, one that has been ranked the longest that is. and it wasnt even that long ago when they were the newest of the bunch. they were still young, yet had been through and learned so much, they felt ageless, yet old beyond their years at the same time.

they looked towards the freshkill pile, deciding to not take a piece. afterall, this wasnt their home, it was only polite. instead, they were taking a break from the den, getting a breath of fresh air that wasnt herb scented. it laid themselves down in a sunny spot in the clearing, somewhat near grousestar, they honestly truely hadnt even noticed the leader was there until they settled themselves down, tucking their paws under their body neatly.