Today 08:32 AM

Old January 29th, 2024, 09:36 AM
burnout senior… for now

Status: I promise I don’t bite… well I do but it’s with love
Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) // 24 - 48 (1 - 2 days) if important <3
My Mood: Angelic

Default Re: Mourning Ruins

{ @~MothDust~ }

Mossfreckle nodded to Dustfur and parted his maw to scent the forest for prey. He took in slow breathes - savouring and categorising the scents that came in. Rotting leaves, dirt, a squirrel. A SQUIRREL !!

He crouched and on silent haunches followed the scent of the squirrel. Quickly his eyes caught up with his nose and he saw the squirrel standing in a small clearing, utterly oblivious and nibbling on a thawed nut. He stealthily crawled forward and pounced when he was close enough. The squirrel heard the whisper of his paws on the leaves as he launched at hit, its head popped up in surprise but it was too late. Mossfreckle finished the squirrel off and trotted back to Dustfur with it dangling in his mouth. He set it gently on the forest floor and pushed some frosty leaves over it.

He turned to Dustfur and meowed almost silently, “Your turn,” his kindess showing through even with the words whispery tones.

{ 1 Squirrel }

Mossfreckle is Shadowclan’s Medicine Cat Apprentice

Mossfreckle’s Tracker // ShadowClan Healing // ShadowClan Herb Storage // Roleplay Tracker

Last edited by ellie; January 29th, 2024 at 09:37 AM.
Old January 29th, 2024, 10:13 AM
death does not define us

Status: ★ umbrae et pulvis sumus ★ ★ PART RAT ★ ~ Forever known as ~MothDust~
Bump Policy: doesn't matter to me :)
My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawnheart<3 View Post
{ @~MothDust~ }

Mossfreckle nodded to Dustfur and parted his maw to scent the forest for prey. He took in slow breathes - savouring and categorising the scents that came in. Rotting leaves, dirt, a squirrel. A SQUIRREL !!

He crouched and on silent haunches followed the scent of the squirrel. Quickly his eyes caught up with his nose and he saw the squirrel standing in a small clearing, utterly oblivious and nibbling on a thawed nut. He stealthily crawled forward and pounced when he was close enough. The squirrel heard the whisper of his paws on the leaves as he launched at hit, its head popped up in surprise but it was too late. Mossfreckle finished the squirrel off and trotted back to Dustfur with it dangling in his mouth. He set it gently on the forest floor and pushed some frosty leaves over it.

He turned to Dustfur and meowed almost silently, “Your turn,” his kindess showing through even with the words whispery tones.

{ 1 Squirrel }

★ Dustfur ★

Dustfur nodded silently. He smelt around as well, following, slightly, of what Mossfreckle had done. He closed his eyes, just focusing on smell. And he caught on to it, rabbit. he opened his eyes and crouched to eye level of the grass. He trotted quietly towards it... leaned back slightly to pounce... and caught it. It wasn't a big rabbit, but it seemed to be enough. It's little legs kicked as he finished it off. He dropped the rabbit next to the squirrel covering it as well.
{+1 rabbit}
(I'll learn slowly how to add more to my roleplaying, )

૮ ྀིྀིྀི₍ ⸝⸝•̥\./•̥⸝⸝ ₎ ྀིა Fawnheart<3 gifted me this fawn and threw flowers on my profile ❀ | TheRadioDemon gave headpats to all here ( T_T)\(^-^ ) | Ravenswings was here :> | Beanz is locked hostage here from Moths duck army | finley.exe is headbanging to mindless self indulgence :0 | Starphobia has showered stars upon everyone. Stars everywhere! | leopard. cats tramped the place... THEY HAVE COME AGAIN! | CrimsonOaks held up two gay cats here and the lion king theme song started. | Nyx's WCO soul is still here
Blaze left her art supplies here ☆♡♤◇♧○□
Art Shop
Old January 29th, 2024, 11:43 AM
burnout senior… for now

{ @~MothDust~ }

Mossfreckle bumped the Tom with his head in silent approval - he was proud of the young warrior’s catch.

Opening his maw once more, Mossfreckle searched the forest for more prey. Scenting the air he smelled rabbit and searched his surrounding to assure that he was not smelling the lingering scents of Dustfur’s catch. He saw the sway of grass and spotted another rabbit that had indeed come out of its warren in search of food. It was a smaller yet plump rabbit that would be a good catch.

He crouched low on his haunches - slow and cautious - one wrong move would spook the rabbit and he would not be able to catch it. He reached a fox-length away from the rabbit and pounced. Mouth full of his catch, Mossfreckle trotted to burry it with his
squirrel.

{ 1 rabbit }

Mossfreckle’s Tracker // ShadowClan Healing // ShadowClan Herb Storage // Roleplay Tracker

Last edited by ellie; January 29th, 2024 at 12:44 PM.
Old January 30th, 2024, 10:17 AM
death does not define us

Quote:
{ @~MothDust~ }

Mossfreckle bumped the Tom with his head in silent approval - he was proud of the young warrior’s catch.

Opening his maw once more, Mossfreckle searched the forest for more prey. Scenting the air he smelled rabbit and searched his surrounding to assure that he was not smelling the lingering scents of Dustfur’s catch. He saw the sway of grass and spotted another rabbit that had indeed come out of its warren in search of food. It was a smaller yet plump rabbit that would be a good catch.

He crouched low on his haunches - slow and cautious - one wrong move would spook the rabbit and he would not be able to catch it. He reached a fox-length away from the rabbit and pounced. Mouth full of his catch, Mossfreckle trotted to burry it with his
squirrel.

{ 1 rabbit }

★ Dustfur ★

He smiled at the other warrior and smelt around again. Some moss, something sweet.. and again, the smell of prey was found. he crouched down and followed the scent, which was led to a mouse, and a bird, nearby it. He watched as the bird eyed the mouse. Which one should he grab? he waited for the crow to peck a bit near the mouse, before grabbing it in it's talons. Almost going to fly off, and he pounced, he got the birds wing, then he brought his other paw down to secure the catch, and the mouse, then finished both off. He had a big smile on his face, two in one.

{+1 mouse} {+1 crow}

૮ ྀིྀིྀི₍ ⸝⸝•̥\./•̥⸝⸝ ₎ ྀིა Fawnheart<3 gifted me this fawn and threw flowers on my profile ❀ | TheRadioDemon gave headpats to all here ( T_T)\(^-^ ) | Ravenswings was here :> | Beanz is locked hostage here from Moths duck army | finley.exe is headbanging to mindless self indulgence :0 | Starphobia has showered stars upon everyone. Stars everywhere! | leopard. cats tramped the place... THEY HAVE COME AGAIN! | CrimsonOaks held up two gay cats here and the lion king theme song started. | Nyx's WCO soul is still here
Art Shop
Old January 30th, 2024, 11:35 AM
burnout senior… for now

{ @~MothDust~ }

Mossfreckle watched as Dustfur trotted over with a grin on his face. He let out a purr - the catch was risky but impressive. “Good job,” Mossfreckle meowed as he crouched once more, his green eyes scanning his surrounding and his ears perked forward to hear the scuffle of small paws or the rustle of wings.

Eyes scanning his surroundings, he finally picked up on a plump large frog nestled in the icy leaves. Mossfreckle stalked over to the frog and pounced. To his surprise a small frog jumped in panic from near the larger one and he quickly swatted at the second frog with his claws out. Mossrexkel trotted back and hurried it with the other prey. He flicked his tail in amusement as he looked over their catch, it was a very productive patrol so far indeed. He enjoyed being able to take care of his clan in whatever way possible so he was glad to have a good cat by his side during the patrol.

{ 1 large frog } { 1 small frog }

Last edited by ellie; January 30th, 2024 at 11:37 AM.
Old January 30th, 2024, 01:34 PM
death does not define us

Quote:
{ @~MothDust~ }

Mossfreckle watched as Dustfur trotted over with a grin on his face. He let out a purr - the catch was risky but impressive. “Good job,” Mossfreckle meowed as he crouched once more, his green eyes scanning his surrounding and his ears perked forward to hear the scuffle of small paws or the rustle of wings.

Eyes scanning his surroundings, he finally picked up on a plump large frog nestled in the icy leaves. Mossfreckle stalked over to the frog and pounced. To his surprise a small frog jumped in panic from near the larger one and he quickly swatted at the second frog with his claws out. Mossrexkel trotted back and hurried it with the other prey. He flicked his tail in amusement as he looked over their catch, it was a very productive patrol so far indeed. He enjoyed being able to take care of his clan in whatever way possible so he was glad to have a good cat by his side during the patrol.

{ 1 large frog } { 1 small frog }

★ Dustfur ★

"You are good at this," he said wearily. then went and hunted again. Repeating what he had done, over and over, to find a mouse. catching it, and finishing it off, before putting it back into the pile they had. "this is a good amount," he said mossfreckle, nodded at it.
{+1 mouse}

Art Shop
Old January 30th, 2024, 10:48 PM
burnout senior… for now

{ @~MothDust~ }
(Short post because I am tired)

Mossfreckle crouched low on his haunches and opened his maw - he was comfortable with the ebb and flow of hunting. Dustfur then him, Dusfur then him, back and forth in the way that was most beneficial to the clan. Shadowclan would always come first, all Mossfreckle did was for his clan.

He stalked thorough the forest and spotted a lizard sunning on a rock and quickly began his approach. Once Mossfreckle was a whiskers length away from his prey, he reached a paw forward with unsheathed claws and batted the lizard swiftly. He felt the prey wriggle beneath his paw for a moment before it subdued. He gingerly picked up the lizard and took it to the pile.

Swiping leaves over his catch, Mossfreckle flicked his tail to tell Dustfur it was his turn.

{ 1 lizard }

Last edited by ellie; January 30th, 2024 at 10:53 PM.
Old January 31st, 2024, 02:08 PM
death does not define us

Quote:
{ @~MothDust~ }
(Short post because I am tired)

Mossfreckle crouched low on his haunches and opened his maw - he was comfortable with the ebb and flow of hunting. Dustfur then him, Dusfur then him, back and forth in the way that was most beneficial way to the clan. Shadowclan would always come first, all Mossfreckle did was for his clan.

He stalked thorough the forest and spotted a lizard sunning on a rock and quickly began his approach. Once Mossfreckle was a whiskers length away from his prey, he reached a paw forward with unsheathed claws and batted the lizard swiftly. He felt the prey wriggle beneath his paw for a moment before it subdued. He gingerly picked up the lizard and took it to the pile.

Swiping leaves over his catch, Mossfreckle flicked his tail to tell Dustfur it was his turn.

{ 1 lizard }

✦ Dustfur ✦

Dustfur noticed the cat didn't really want to talk much, which he respected, but the whole hunting was weary work, and could use a little something to lighten it up. Of course he enjoyed helping his clan, he would do anything. More preferably for more cat then an entire group. Either way, it was fine. He then again, smelt the world around him. He picked up the smell of a.. crow. Another one. He crouched and followed the scent. Finally he slowly and quietly moved to it, pounch length.. And caught it, by the wing. It's other wing flapping violently, as he quietly finished it. He took the dead crow to the pile.

Art Shop
Old January 31st, 2024, 06:10 PM
burnout senior… for now

{ @~MothDust~ }

Mossfreckle continued on with their monotonous routine. He crouched low on his haunches, slow and quiet. Opening his maw he took in the forest, the scents paining a picture in his mind - the damp frosty leaves that covered the forest floor, the sweeping barren trees, the scent of prey heady in the wind. Mossfreckle’s eyes scanned the forest seeking even the smallest movements.

He crouched lower as he say a sparrow flitter to the forest floor. He watched as the bird hopped along seeking its own meal. Slowly, slowly slowly. He crept forward a shadow, he was nothing but a flicker of sunlight through the trees. Once Mossfreckle was close he pounced, there was the soft rustle of feathers as the bird took flight but he quickly batted it out of the sky and landed with his two paws on top. He quickly bite the poor flailing bird to finish it off. He thanked Starclan for the lucky catch and picked it up to carry it to the pile.

With a yawn he turned to Dustfur, “How long have you been a warrior,” he meowed cheerily - this had to be the way to end the drone of the ebb and flow of catch and wait and catch and wait. “I was made a warrior about a moon or so ago, I was younger than most,” he added as a way to break any possible tension.

{ 1 sparrow }

Last edited by ellie; January 31st, 2024 at 06:11 PM.
Old February 1st, 2024, 08:04 AM
death does not define us

Quote:
{ @~MothDust~ }

Mossfreckle continued on with their monotonous routine. He crouched low on his haunches, slow and quiet. Opening his maw he took in the forest, the scents paining a picture in his mind - the damp frosty leaves that covered the forest floor, the sweeping barren trees, the scent of prey heady in the wind. Mossfreckle’s eyes scanned the forest seeking even the smallest movements.

He crouched lower as he say a sparrow flitter to the forest floor. He watched as the bird hopped along seeking its own meal. Slowly, slowly slowly. He crept forward a shadow, he was nothing but a flicker of sunlight through the trees. Once Mossfreckle was close he pounced, there was the soft rustle of feathers as the bird took flight but he quickly batted it out of the sky and landed with his two paws on top. He quickly bite the poor flailing bird to finish it off. He thanked Starclan for the lucky catch and picked it up to carry it to the pile.

With a yawn he turned to Dustfur, “How long have you been a warrior,” he meowed cheerily - this had to be the way to end the drone of the ebb and flow of catch and wait and catch and wait. “I was made a warrior about a moon or so ago, I was younger than most,” he added as a way to break any possible tension.

{ 1 sparrow }

✦ Dustfur ✦

"A moon ago as well," he said with a small smile. He had a funny feeling that if Mossfreckled talked enough he would begin to be a bit more silly then serious. But he wasn't sure. He smelt around him again. It took a few seconds to pick up a scent. He smelt some dry scents. Still nothing. But he saw a toad nearby. Under some frosted leaves and dry dirt. He quietly padded over to the sleeping toad and let his paw down on it through the frosted leaves. Then picked up the now-dead toad, and put it in the pile. It's little legs still kicked but slowly went to a stop.

Art Shop