It all falls down [SHC...
Last post by Aroogi
Today 06:41 AM

Old May 2nd, 2022, 05:50 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Dreaming

Default Re: ShadowClan Medicine Cat's Den

~ IVYSNAKE OF SHADOWCLAN ~

Pawsteps alerted the young warrior. Pricking her dark brown ears, Ivysnake turned to see - yep - Ebonyfang entering the den. Seriously, what was it with high ranks running off? If Ivysnake ever got a high-ranking position, she would never do anything like that. She would act like a true ShadowClan cat should and actually remain strong and competent for her Clan. Ivysnake just nodded at Ebonyfang - although the tom was a warrior now, he actually stepped in to help when he could. That was true Clan loyalty. Although she wasn't sure why he'd stepped down from his position, she wasn't going to ask. Instead, she let him do his thing, acknowledging the "you too" comment with a flick of one ear. "That stupid WindClan warrior hardly put up a fight," she muttered. "Maybe one day I'll fight an opponent that knows what they're doing." Seriously, everyone she fought against was inexperienced.

Ivysnake let Ebonyfang finish treating her. Then when he was done, she asked, "Am I allowed to leave?"

@Bliss.

New and Improved Character Bios!
Old May 4th, 2022, 07:24 PM
Love gets you hurt

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Devilish

Badgerscar let out an annoyed huff but licked at the gash as Ebonyfang directed. He wasn't truly upset at the medicine cat, more so that this injury was bad enough he'd probably have to be on light duty for a few days at least. The fluffy tom did not do light duty.

Once he finished making sure the gash was clean he lifted his head so Ebonyfang could do whatever he needed to do. "How bad is it?"

@Bliss.
Old May 12th, 2022, 06:39 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliss. View Post
–>Ebonyfang<--
// @Slushie; for Owlhum \\
Right after Whiterose came another cat that had been called to the battle. He was pretty much prepared for this, thankful to himself for sending out herb patrols. Without him those cats probably would have died of infection. Shadowclan seemed to have good luck with him still around. Ebonyfang watched the other warriors every move and saw there was something wrong. Was there something wrong with her legs?

“I want you to tell me exactly what you did to make your legs act up? They look like you pulled something in your legs.”, he meowed. Ebonyfang moved over towards her and pressed one of his paws onto her leg. It seemed they had pulled a muscle in both of their legs. He just needed to know exactly what they did in order for him to help her.
// this is late and ick i apologize

>Owlhum<
Owlhum shot the tom a withering glare that quickly melted into a pained grimace as his paw pressed into her leg. "Missed a kick," she hissed through gritted teeth. "Pulled something real bad. Can barely walk."
Old May 30th, 2022, 11:25 AM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive
My Mood: Pensive

**Elmshadow**

The new medicine cat had spent a lot of his time working out how to learn everything he needed to and so little time in his new den. He still didn't know enough but he figured he had the tools he needed to get started. He walked back to the herb storage which had been largely left untouched since his appointment as medicine cat. The dandelion was new and fresh but so much of the rest was beginning to go dry and useless. What had once been long, broad green leaves were now shriveled and flaky and smelled dusty over the scent they once carried, he pulled them and set them aside ( -4 borage leaves ). Another once-green herb with a fleshy stalk and bristly stems had yellowed and turned brittle so he tossed the beside the leaves ( -1 horsetail ). He recognized the poppy flowers for their little black seeds and, while the flowers were dry and brittle, the little seeds inside seemed to still be well-kept and intact. Another purple flower was also growing brittle and dry but the aroma wafting from it was strong so he decided to leave it for now, not knowing what it may be used for. And a drying root was left. Elmshadow wasn't sure what the root was for and how fresh it needed to be so he left that as well for the time being. Gathering the leaves and yellowed bristle, he carried them first to the patrol place. He didn't yet know what they were but he figured they could use more of it as he was throwing these out.

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old June 3rd, 2022, 12:45 AM
I am the reinforcements.

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Hungry

@Ravensong @TheNyanCatMinecart

Robinscratch uneasily entered the medicine den, her belly heavy. Was it actually her belly, or was it nerves? Quit being nervous!, she thought to herself,What could go wrong? Robinscratch pulled herself together and spoke. “Uhhhh, Elmshadow, Ivysnake? I-I think I’m expecting kits. My belly hurts, I always vomit and I feel fat.”

*awkward silence*

"Er... no." - Ravenpaw
Old June 4th, 2022, 05:44 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

@Ravensong @lonely.lilyx [apologizes for the delay]
Dawnstar grumbled something low underneath her breath as her massive paws ate up the distances between herself and the medicine den. The huge she-cat trusted her head instead of the den and gently set down a kit between her front paws. "Elmshadow, Mistkit's leg needs attention." Dawnstar called for the ShadowClan medicine cat as her yellow eyes darted around the den.

"I found her outside of the camp, she ran into a mother badger and her young and got a bite for it." Dawnstar dipped her head to lightly nudge the hairball closer to the tom. "If you can tell me whether she'll be able to use the leg or not." It might be a good idea to give her to Pigonstep in the future if her leg becomes lame.

Purrks
Dawnstar: Beefed Up Tier 3 || Mindreader
Leechscar: Master Scout || Ultimate Predator

Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder
Old June 4th, 2022, 09:11 PM
canonically the 51%

Bump Policy: three days. 24 hours for time sensitive ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Dawnstar grumbled something low underneath her breath as her massive paws ate up the distances between herself and the medicine den. The huge she-cat trusted her head instead of the den and gently set down a kit between her front paws. "Elmshadow, Mistkit's leg needs attention." Dawnstar called for the ShadowClan medicine cat as her yellow eyes darted around the den.

"I found her outside of the camp, she ran into a mother badger and her young and got a bite for it." Dawnstar dipped her head to lightly nudge the hairball closer to the tom. "If you can tell me whether she'll be able to use the leg or not." It might be a good idea to give her to Pigonstep in the future if her leg becomes lame.

Mistkit tried to shuffle forward a little, yelping at the pain in her leg. She eyed the gray medicine cat, eyes darting back and forth.

@Ravensong

" nothing you can take was ever worth keeping. "
Old June 5th, 2022, 11:46 AM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonely.lilyx View Post
Mistkit tried to shuffle forward a little, yelping at the pain in her leg. She eyed the gray medicine cat, eyes darting back and forth.

@Ravensong

**Elmshadow**
@TheNyanCatMinecart [For reference, if you’d like Ivysnake to join.]
[@/lonely.lilyx We can add onto this in a couple days so Elmshadow can check over the wound(and possibly learn about swelling) and apply some herbs once they get in from the patrols.]

The dark tom was organizing what he could. There wasn’t much for herbs but he should have more coming in. He didn’t know many herbs either to be filling the stocks but that was also gradually changing. He took a deep breath, still acclimating to the permanent herb smell of his new den. He turned as he heard Dawnstar’s voice. Stepping out of the shadows of the herb stores, he looked down at Mistkit. Another kit wandering where they weren’t supposed to be and using up clan resources. He narrowed his green eyes slightly but leaned down and sniffed the wound. He couldn’t remember if he’d ever had an infected wound and so far into his traijing he hadn’t gad one get infected but the kit’s wound seemed to looked and smell similar to every other wound he’d encountered; he took that as a good sign of no infection, though he made a mental note to try finding some way to experiment with detecting early signs of infection. If he could detect infection with his knowledge now it likely wouldn’t be till it was dire. Though infection didn’t seem like this kit’s only concern. The way she was holding it made Elmshadow think of the outsider he’d come across.

Elmshadow dipped his head to Dawnstar, “I can’t say right now. It doesn’t yet seem infected but it looks like it may have broken to some extent. I’ll do what I can.” The dark tom leaned down and lifted the kit to carry her to a nest. Setting her down gently, he turned back to his stores. He knew he needed marigold but that wasn’t yet back. He sighed and shook out the poppy flower to drop a little black seed out. He slid half of the seed in front of Mistkit. For injuries in warriors, he was often given only one so for a little kit a half should be enough to dull the pain, otherwise he’d give her more later. “Eat that. And clean the wound.” He turned to grab cobwebs then returned. He leaned down and gave the wound another cleaning, not trusting the kit to clean it well enough, before wrapping a layer of cobwebs over the wound. He placed one paw beneath the injured leg and another over the top. Gently working his paws over the leg he made out a weakened spot where there wasn’t a joint, though it was less severe than Queenie’s and he didn’t maneuver it to get a better idea of the injury as he had the she-cat’s, not wanting to risk further injuring the kit.

Elmshadow grabbed the stick the cobwebs had been wrapped in and cut it down so the thinner side was the length of the kit’s leg. He wrapped another tighter layer of cobwebs around the hind leg to cushion it before setting the stick against the wrapping, ensuring the leg was straight, then wrapping more cobwebs to keep the stick in place against Mistkit’s leg. He sat back to admire his work. It was maybe extra for a minor break but it was also a kit that wouldn’t be made to sit still easily. “Stay off that leg and come back in tomorrow so I can clean it and put some herbs on it to keep it from getting infected.” Turning away from the kit, Elmshadow set to work cleaning up the mess he’d made getting everything together for the kit.

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old June 5th, 2022, 04:34 PM
canonically the 51%

Bump Policy: three days. 24 hours for time sensitive ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensong View Post

**Elmshadow**
@TheNyanCatMinecart [For reference, if you’d like Ivysnake to join.]
[@/lonely.lilyx We can add onto this in a couple days so Elmshadow can check over the wound(and possibly learn about swelling) and apply some herbs once they get in from the patrols.]

The dark tom was organizing what he could. There wasn’t much for herbs but he should have more coming in. He didn’t know many herbs either to be filling the stocks but that was also gradually changing. He took a deep breath, still acclimating to the permanent herb smell of his new den. He turned as he heard Dawnstar’s voice. Stepping out of the shadows of the herb stores, he looked down at Mistkit. Another kit wandering where they weren’t supposed to be and using up clan resources. He narrowed his green eyes slightly but leaned down and sniffed the wound. He couldn’t remember if he’d ever had an infected wound and so far into his traijing he hadn’t gad one get infected but the kit’s wound seemed to looked and smell similar to every other wound he’d encountered; he took that as a good sign of no infection, though he made a mental note to try finding some way to experiment with detecting early signs of infection. If he could detect infection with his knowledge now it likely wouldn’t be till it was dire. Though infection didn’t seem like this kit’s only concern. The way she was holding it made Elmshadow think of the outsider he’d come across.

Elmshadow dipped his head to Dawnstar, “I can’t say right now. It doesn’t yet seem infected but it looks like it may have broken to some extent. I’ll do what I can.” The dark tom leaned down and lifted the kit to carry her to a nest. Setting her down gently, he turned back to his stores. He knew he needed marigold but that wasn’t yet back. He sighed and shook out the poppy flower to drop a little black seed out. He slid half of the seed in front of Mistkit. For injuries in warriors, he was often given only one so for a little kit a half should be enough to dull the pain, otherwise he’d give her more later. “Eat that. And clean the wound.” He turned to grab cobwebs then returned. He leaned down and gave the wound another cleaning, not trusting the kit to clean it well enough, before wrapping a layer of cobwebs over the wound. He placed one paw beneath the injured leg and another over the top. Gently working his paws over the leg he made out a weakened spot where there wasn’t a joint, though it was less severe than Queenie’s and he didn’t maneuver it to get a better idea of the injury as he had the she-cat’s, not wanting to risk further injuring the kit.

Elmshadow grabbed the stick the cobwebs had been wrapped in and cut it down so the thinner side was the length of the kit’s leg. He wrapped another tighter layer of cobwebs around the hind leg to cushion it before setting the stick against the wrapping, ensuring the leg was straight, then wrapping more cobwebs to keep the stick in place against Mistkit’s leg. He sat back to admire his work. It was maybe extra for a minor break but it was also a kit that wouldn’t be made to sit still easily. “Stay off that leg and come back in tomorrow so I can clean it and put some herbs on it to keep it from getting infected.” Turning away from the kit, Elmshadow set to work cleaning up the mess he’d made getting everything together for the kit.

Mistkit chewed the seed, swallowing. She watched the older tom create the splint for her leg, interest and awe glimmering in her eyes. So that was how splints were created. She stored the information in her mind as so to not be entirely useless when she got older.

She meowed her thanks to the medicine cat, happy to get out of his way. She felt like an idiot, going out beyond camp by herself. She turned back to Dawnstar, thanked her, gave her an apology, and wobbled away.

@Undertaker

" nothing you can take was ever worth keeping. "

Last edited by sol.; June 5th, 2022 at 04:35 PM.
Old June 6th, 2022, 06:20 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Dreaming

[Even though Elmshadow's already done everything, I just thought I'd drop Ivysnake in here. She'd like to watch Elmshadow, and observe what she can from him.]

~ IVYSNAKE OF SHADOWCLAN ~

Ivysnake poked her head in to see Elmshadow with Dawnstar and a kit, Mistkit. He was already treating her, so Ivysnake decided to watch and observe. He checked the wound, gave his feedback, and... right, there weren't many herbs. The herb patrols should be back soon, hopefully, to give the herbs they needed. Also... it didn't help that Ebonyfang wasn't here, because Ivysnake and Elmshadow really needed more training from him. When Elmshadow had finished, Ivysnake padded forward. "You seemed to have it handled, so I watched to perhaps learn something, without getting in the way," she meowed. "When we have more herbs, I can help more with the kit, and any other patients. I don't want to stand around and do nothing. If anyone else comes in, I can help." Ivysnake began to help her mentor clean up, and dipped her head respectfully to Dawnstar.

@Ravensong @Undertaker (Ivysnake can help with Robinscratch once their healing request is out!)

New and Improved Character Bios!

Last edited by TheNyanCatMinecart; June 6th, 2022 at 06:21 PM.