by BEAR.
Last post by Rowan
Today 07:52 AM

Old October 14th, 2019, 04:14 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: RiverClan Leader's Den

@BILL.

The somewhat colder weather was beginning to take effect on Grousestar's bones, they ached in the early morning and the quiet reaches of night, but he never considered it worrisome enough to take a trip to Shiverpetal. It was just something he dealt with, kept it to himself, let no one know but himself.
Fallenstar had just announced his resignation, not explaining why, and the brown tabby truly hoped that he was okay. That he wasn't dying of something incurable and was just trying to keep it covered so he could live the rest of his days in peace. He wasn't sure if he could handle anymore death. It seemed all the cats he knew, befriended, at one point cared for, were dying around him. Auroraflame, Shinefang, his parents though they died long ago, other leaders he's hardly had a chance to know. Sometimes he felt like all he had in this world now, was himself. Himself with his aching bones in the morning. He couldn't remember the last time he had seen or spoken to Rabbitfluff. Did he have friends anymore? The prey social helped to brighten his mood, as do most social events, but most of the time it seemed his warriors stuck to themselves, as with the Riverclan warriors. There were groups, cliques, and if you weren't one of the members, they wouldn't talk to you. And so most of the time, he sat alone, not quite feeling a part of them even though he was the cat that led them, if only partially.
Sinking into his nest, a shaky sigh escaped the older leader. White hairs began to dot his muzzle, a sign of his age that he didn't want to accept. He felt there was still much he had to teach Frostflight, to teach Skyclan even if they weren't really Skyclan anymore.
He was tired, physically, mentally, and as he sunk into his nest, he found his eyes focusing on the interest. Lionstorm would make his way here eventually and the two would need to talk. The headstrong, loyal golden tabby of Riverclan would need to take the reigns and Grousestar would try and help him to the best of his ability, but he was getting older every day. Time would never slow, no matter how much you wished it to. That was beyond the powers of even Starclan.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old October 15th, 2019, 04:21 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

This was.. odd.

Lionstorm thought he had more time. There was so much left undone with his duties, and everything felt at a standstill with the sudden resignation of Fallenstar. He wasn't ready. Or at least, it didn't feel like he was-- the world wasn't moving anymore. It was held in place, suspended by the uncertainty of-- what next?

Grousestar hardly left his den anymore, and it made finding the old tabby easy as Lionstorm entered the den.

His ears were flattened back, scanning Grousestar's face for anything beyond just.. exhaustion. "What are we going to do?" he prompted without hesitation. "No offense, but I doubt you can handle both the Clans right now." Grousestar looked worse than hell, and anymore stress might be the end of the old tom.

Were all SkyClan ranks so old? With the exception of Frostflight. No wonder they were dropping like flies.
@The Cannibal

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old October 17th, 2019, 01:25 PM
Lovable Cannibal

@BILL.

It wasn't hard to predict that Lionstorm would come looking for him here, Grousestar would admit it was hard to leave the den some of the colder days. The thought that he spent so much time in here though twisted his stomach in knots, he used to go on daily walks around the territory, runs even. Like he was scared of becoming sedentary because there was a moment in your life when you stopped doing those things. And that's when you knew that life was on a decline, a decline that ended with Starclan. He didn't like to think about it. There were still things he wanted to do, like have a family. Something that he hadn't thought of too much during his leadership, a leadership that has taken up nearly the entirety of his life it seemed.
Fixating his emerald eyes upon the younger tom, he took note of the flattened ears and general demeanor he had. Nervous, and Grousestar could understand why. The resignation seemed to come before anyone expected, before anyone was ready, but then again, did those things ever come when you were ready for them?

A soft chuckle of lightheartedness escaped the brown tabby at Lionstorm's comment, his head nodding in agreement. "You are very right Lionstorm." There was a brief pause as slowly the tom brought himself to sit up in his nest, a soft exhale escape him as he sat up straight, head level. And for just a brief moment, he looked like his younger self. "Though Fallenstar has resigned, I don't imagine things should change too much. You will take his place as leader, choose a deputy, and lead your part of the clan. Well.. At this point, I don't think there's much separation. It is a single clan, Skyclan was crossed out the minute we were taught to swim and catch fish." Clearing his throat softly, he'd offer a light smile.

"The best thing to do right now is get your thoughts in order. It is a time for asking questions and receiving answers."

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old October 17th, 2019, 02:13 PM
work is never done

"If the Clans are one, then why would I appoint another deputy?"

It was the first thing that came to mind after Grousestar spoke, his eyes narrowing at the thought. "I didn't care for the two deputies to begin with." It hardly felt like Frostflight did anything beyond obey Lionstorm, which was fine if Frostflight was a normal warrior-- but he was supposed to be a deputy. "The Clans are still segregated. SkyClan cats want to identify as SkyClan, even though there's hardly anything left of that Clan." It was frustrating, almost-- Grousestar was the only thing left of SkyClan, and that wasn't saying much.

"As long as Frostflight gets himself together and doesn't pull another treacherous move, he will remain as the only deputy." Lionstorm wasn't fond of him, but.. he'd try to tolerate him for now. "I guess I should announce Fallenstar's resignation, and let the Clan know I'm heading to the Starcave." Not that Lionstorm believed anything would come from that visit. StarClan wasn't real, even if it made the Clan feel better.

@The Cannibal

Old October 17th, 2019, 02:27 PM
Lovable Cannibal

@BILL.

The question caught the older tom off guard, it wasn't something he even considered.
"Ah.. That.. Is a good point." Flicking an ear, Grousestar glanced away, face furrowing in thought before he looked back to the golden tom as he continued.
"Very well, if that's what you think is best. I just hope that he can handle all of the patrols and what not on his own. There are more cats here than a normal clan should have." Tip of his tail flicking as if to signify that the thought would be swept away, at least until he had more time to think on it. Maybe he should talk to Frostflight and see if the tom could handle it.. He had faith that it was possible, but he didn't want his deputy to be too stressed out. Being a deputy could be hard enough.
"That would be a good thing to do, do you plan on taking the journey with Shiverpetal?" It was a question he needed to ask. Shiverpetal didn't exactly have an apprentice and they were the clans only medicine cat. It'd be different if Shinefang were still alive, only one of the medicine cats would have to go with him and the clan would be left with one as well. But the idea of taking the clans only medicine cat for the journey to the Starcave.. What if there was an emergency?

Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old October 17th, 2019, 02:46 PM
work is never done

Lionstorm shrugged in response to Grousestar's comment on the Clan's size. "Frostflight can figure it out. SkyClan's numbers were few when you brought your Clan here. Their attitudes are bigger than the surge of cats in our ranks." There were few polite SkyClan cats. Most of the ones Lionstorm had met were rude.

"No," he said almost dismissively as he made his way to the mouth of the den. "Fallenstar is accompanying me. He wanted to uh, speak with StarClan regarding his remaining leader life." Or something. Lionstorm didn't care. "Most of his injuries have healed, but the trauma of almost ceasing to exist has weighed heavily on him. Going to SkyClan's territory for resources was a mistake."

With these words, Lionstorm departed, vanishing through the den entrance.
@The Cannibal

Old October 24th, 2019, 11:29 PM
work is never done

With his leader ceremony complete and a Clan meeting pending, Lionstar was quick to detour to the leader's den. He knew Grousestar would be here-- it was rare when the old tabby wasn't, and Lionstar had plans in the works.

Most importantly, he wanted to re-determine the outdated Clan joining rules, and he needed to ensure Grousestar was on the same page he was. From there, he'd announce it to the Clan. "Grousestar! We need to talk."
@The Cannibal

Last edited by BEAR.; October 24th, 2019 at 11:29 PM.
Old October 24th, 2019, 11:40 PM
Lovable Cannibal

@BILL.

The new leader's guess wasn't wrong, the den was precisely where the old Skyclan leader lay, just finishing up a nap. Still sleepy-eyed, he raised his head as the other tabby came padding into the den. Quietly he was embarrassed that the other came in on him napping, he shouldn't be napping, he should be out.. Doing things. He just couldn't help it though, he was tired and the den was comfy- Grousestar quickly cleared his mental ramblings as he heard Lionstar.
"What is it that you'd like to talk about Lionstar?" Bringing himself to sit up in his nest, the Skyclan leader did his best to shake away the last ounces of tiredness.

Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old October 24th, 2019, 11:47 PM
work is never done

"About joining." Lionstar's ears twitched at the sound of his new name, pleased he didn't even have to announce that his ceremony had been successful to gain the recognition. He was Lionstar.

"Fallenstream's restrictions are outdated. His feud with WindClan has long since been dead, WindClan hardly patrols their borders as it is." Perhaps they'd become like SkyClan-- dead, clinging on with just a few survivors. "I propose we remove the ban on those cats, and instead place it on ShadowClan. Those frog-lickers have been nothing but a thorn in our side since the moment they altered the border." With Windystar's refusal to cooperate, Forestshade's shadiness, the disrespect they received when confronting them, and now.. that black she-cat's intrusion of their camp. They hadn't earned the right to be graced by a position in RiverClan.

@The Cannibal

Last edited by BEAR.; October 24th, 2019 at 11:48 PM.
Old October 24th, 2019, 11:58 PM
Lovable Cannibal

@BILL.

Grousestar nodded his head as the other leader stated what he wanted to talk about, fully expecting Lionstar to have something thought out and that it wouldn't be an open-ended conversation. That's typically how Lionstar was, at least in Grousestar's find. A tom with a strong, thick head full with ideas. Ideas that were always for the benefit of Riverclan.
Listening to his proposal, the brown tabby flicked the tip of his tail in thought. "I do agree with you, Shadowclan cannot be trusted. They're too unstable and I don't like the actions they've done in the past. Though perhaps we can keep a ban on both clans? Just to better ensure that there are no traitors. I've had my life's share of betrayals and would prefer if I didn't have to experience anymore."

Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?