Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > OOC > Warriors Discussion

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cats:

Lostspark, Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Dreamingbloom adoption
Last post by ChaosBringer.
Today 04:45 PM
Lost and Found
Last post by FruitBatz
Today 04:41 PM
Saltmeadow Marsh
by BEAR.
Last post by finley !!
Today 04:37 PM

Old October 2nd, 2022, 04:44 PM

My Mood: Yeehaw
Default anyone else absolutely hate spottedleaf?

I know quite a bit people dislike her but does anyone else hate her as much as me?
(btw these are just my opinions you can think the exact opposite if you want)

in forest of secrets for some reason she's the one giving fireheart a bunch of prophecies for some reason? Why not lionheart? also 2 of the prophecies are just pointless. The worst in my opinion is "beware a warrior you cannot trust" this is pointless because he's already suspicious of tigerclaw, and all this does makes fireheart more suspicious of greystripe. and "beware an enemy who seems to sleep" is basically the same thing. (I could go on and on about how dumb the prophecies she gives to fireheart are but instead I'll move on to my other reasons why I don't like her)
another thing is how firestar (and thunderclan kind of) in fire & ice and forest of secrets (it's not as bad in forest of secrets) he mourns her death more than anything else. I also feel like lionheart would've been better for giving the prophecies to fireheart in forest of secrets. in conclusion, I think spottedleaf is a mary sue that did the bare minimum that a medicine cat could and then died. And then she just shows off while saying confusing things in people's dreams.
Old October 3rd, 2022, 07:16 AM

My Mood: Bashful
Default Re: anyone else absolutely hate spottedleaf?

I dont HATE her im just not a fan of what they decided to do with her, I've never been a fan of how like a boy and a girl cant be friends or care deeply about eachother without them being romantically involved and even having reread the first series recently I just didnt understand firestars attatchment to her. it never implied spottedleaf EVER was interested in firepaw in any way that wasnt the regular way a medicine cat concerns over her clanmate (let alone a cat she knows is part of a prophecy)

It just feels like the spottedleaf in firestars dreams is just some over-fantastical fantasy of his lmao... if anything she was kind of mean to him when she was alive like she never showed any interest towards him. like literally the entire series works completely fine if we get rid of every romantic implication of spottedleaf. like he can just CARE about her firestar cares about literally everyone for no reason so its so needless that he's in love with her just bec she smells good lol.

I personally think Redtail would be a good contender of prophecy dreams too because since we never see him it would give us a good idea of his personality, but i do think Lionheart would also work-- honestly the IDENTITY of the starclan cat isnt important to begin with and if we just kept it a mystery who was talking to him it would be the exact same (and maybe we could reveal it later to be spottedleaf or something...)

(not sure how far you are so below is a spoiler for the darkest hour/the last book in the first series and also firestars quest a bit)

also im REALLY weirded out how they made it a point where firestar was like "im glad she approves of sandstorm and i dont need to worry about not being faithful to spottedleaf >_<" LIKE? SPOTTEDLEAF AND HIM NEVER DATED THIS IS SOO WEIRD. he shouldnt have to worry about a dead cat he never even dated worrying about him dating a living cat.... like i know its entirely the writings fault for making spottedleaf like that but I feel so bad for sandstorm that her boyfriend is a main character with an over dramatic ghost girlfriend that he cant get over and cant stop obsessing over LMAO.
Old October 3rd, 2022, 07:20 AM
don't eat me

Bump Policy: If I've failed to respond in a timely manner, please know that I'm trying very hard to be a person
My Mood: Lurking

I don't really know what I think of Spottedleaf... Silver does give a good point for the last book tho... I AM UNBIASED ;-;

GOOD MOOOOOORNING!! Are you ready to complete your contractual obligations?
pronouns || please validate my art
Old October 5th, 2022, 05:09 PM

My Mood: Yeehaw

I get why redtail would be a good choice to give fireheart the prophecies, especially the one warning fireheart about tigerclaw before tigerclaw gets exiled from thunderclan since tigerclaw killed fireheart. Another thing I don't like about spottedleaf that I didn't mention is how firestar acts like him and spottedleaf were incredibly close to eachother yet they only interacting 2 or 3 times before she died, yet when greystripe leaves to riverclan the day after that fireheart acts like nothing happened. cinderpelt even mentions fireheart's love for spotted leaf in the rising storm saying "you act like she's alive!". Spottedleaf's only use is for problem's to be made with her prophecies, and fireheart loving her after her death, And it's just really bad filler. I've noticed that the books will waste a stupid "journey" it's normal until something happens that stops a key detail from happening in the book, these have lasted for almost a chapter if not a chapter or more. And the only reason spottedleaf gets in between sandstorm's and firestar's love is for more filler and they needed something Interesting happening, But they easily could've made one of them do something like break the warrior code, the other finds out, they don't like eachother for a bit, they make up and whatever. (but ya know the characters actually change a lil after all that UNLIKE WHAT THEY DID WITH SPOTTEDLEAF)
Old October 7th, 2022, 12:14 PM

My Mood: Bored

I don't hate her- my bff loves her but i do agree. THE PROPHECYS ARE USELESS
Old October 27th, 2022, 07:35 PM

My Mood: Chatty

I agree. She was also horrible in Firestar's quest as well. I remember there was a line where she whispered to firestar "Sometimes i wish things could have been different". The whole book she is basically trying to flirt with him even though she knows that firestar and sandstorm are married and literally had kits. Not to mention she was like stalking leafpool and misguided her into thinking that starclan approved of her and crowfeather being with each other; which almost got leafpool sent to the dark forest.
Old October 28th, 2022, 11:39 AM
pastel king

Bump Policy: 24 Hours w/ Due Date, 72 if no Due Date
My Mood: Adorable

GODS YES I HATE HER ;-;

Sign my Sig, Stinky Staff Members!
If non-staff is interested, VM me and I'll add you <3
Old October 28th, 2022, 03:39 PM

My Mood: Kingly

Not to mention, she crushed on Firestar from my understanding, while he was so young??

Old October 28th, 2022, 03:45 PM
Love gets you hurt

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Devilish

Yea, Spottedleaf was a whole-ass adult and Firepaw was a child.
Old October 28th, 2022, 03:51 PM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Hopeful

For me I didn't understand where the love even came from. They interacted like twice when she was alive and bam they love each other. It makes no sense to me and she's pretty useless.

Marigoldleap is a pretty active Riverclan warrior and I really want her to be as active as possible, so if there is ever a plot Idea and you need an extra cat feel free to reach out to me. Her and me would love to have something to do