Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > OOC > Warriors Discussion

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cats:

Lostspark, Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Another Day, Another Slay
Last post by kenjaku
Today 02:21 AM
FIND-IT-ALL ☆ SALAMANDERKIT
by kenjaku
Last post by kenjaku
Today 02:13 AM
ShadowClan Nursery
by BEAR.
Last post by kenjaku
Today 01:44 AM
Character of the Month...
by marshy
Last post by alec
Today 01:43 AM
LionFlop Victims Finder
Last post by hermeswind
Today 01:25 AM

Old November 16th, 2022, 09:42 AM
I Love You!

Bump Policy: 1 Day! (24 hours approximately!)
My Mood: Tired

Default I Hate TigerStar(TPB) As A Character! Let Me Tell You Why!

TigerClaw/Star... Where do I Begin?

TigerStar was horribly written... Like really horribly written... Like The WORST WRITTEN CHARACTER!
His personality is strictly being evil and that whole "He was born evil" thing literally sucked. They tried to write him as a character with a backstory to his evilness but ultimately failed because they introduced him as the big bad. You cannot go back on your words once you put something in place like that. Also, they gave him an evil mentor and- UGH!
They Tried To Give Life To A Character That Was Written Strictly To Be An Antagonist And Did It Bad.
I'm angry about this. Okay?

Am I missing anything?
Old November 16th, 2022, 09:45 AM
cynonari and kavetham <3

Bump Policy: ✧ 2 weeks
Default Re: I Hate TigerStar(TPB) As A Character! Let Me Tell You Why!

- You forgot the fact that Tawnypelt literally moved in with him
- Bramblestar got blamed because he just existed and was related to him
- Firestar was hella scared of Bramblestar just because they looked the same
- He died to SCOURGE. A GERM. A GERMMMM.
Old November 16th, 2022, 09:59 AM
Bite, maim, kill...♛

Bump Policy: ✰72hrs
My Mood: Dark

bruh.... i cant agree more-
I get he's supposed to be the big bad cat, but he seems to falter in comparison with the other villains.
like, he wants to be leader and will do ANYTHING to get there? cool ig, so did Broken'star and a whole bunch of others...
Hes wants revenge on those who did him wrong? wow- so did Maple'shade...
And then they expect us to believe that the seasoned and highly skilled warrior was killed by an edgy emo gremlin... c'mon now-

"All aboard the octrain!"
----ϟ----
Characters

Kat, Vampire, Darl... These are my prisoners... They will never escape...

Last edited by elaif; November 16th, 2022 at 10:01 AM.
Old December 8th, 2022, 09:17 AM
rararara

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Dreaming

> @Miss Christmas Spirit
this is an older thread, but as a resident Tigerstar fan I wanted to give my opinion on this! Yes, he was evil. But there is also the part of his character that wanted to become leader so he could improve the clan in a way he saw it fitting of (not that the way he would have led would have been amazing, but he wasn't just power hungry). His character was made in a way where upon first read you werent sure if he was EVIL evil or just an incredibly mean and standoffish character. He was manipulative, and that shows during his exile from ThunderClan as well as in his novella (which is actually really good imo, highly recommend reading it if you can). He knew how to get his way, drawing people in and making them believe that, hey, maybe he really did just want the best for the clan. He grew an attachment to those who initially helped him BECAUSE he thought they could be trusted to help guide the 'new' era of ThunderClan he was hoping to start.

He actually wasn't reallyyy born evil imo, the way he was raised led to his morals deteriorating. He was humiliated by his father abandoning the clan to become a kittypet, someone who he looked up to and wanted to be like in the future. He is the way he is was partly because of the way his mind was molded by his mentor, as would happen to pretty much any young and impressionable kit.

I think that because of how evil he is during the main series books, it really fits the setting. This is the first arc of a series with dozens of books, and it would just be confusing for the reader if we were thrust in with a villain similar to, say, Sol for example. We arent familiar with the clans, their rules, and what their members are like. We see Tigerclaw, a trusted warrior of the clan Firepaw joined so eagerly, and WANT to believe that he isnt evil. But when his betrayal of Bluestar comes to light, we arent surprised. Not because it was a poor reveal, but because the signs were THERE. We could see where his story didnt quite line up when before we just accepted it.

He is a very fitting contrast to Firestar, someone who is portrayed as a character who is good through and through. Tigerstar is nearly the exact opposite because we are seeing him through the pov of a lawful-good character. Firestar never quite believed his lies, and because of this some may see him as a poorly written character despite what he was actually like. If the mc was a character who had known him as a respectable warrior, I feel like him being evil wouldnt have been such a poorly received thing BECAUSE of the character we are seeing him through.

anyways sorry if this doesnt make much sense, im mostly going off of memory here lmao

base credits go to Chuwigirls on DA!

--> | Goldenpaw [tc] | <--
-->TH profile<--
Old December 8th, 2022, 09:19 AM
Dabi Obsessed

Bump Policy: "Burn Like Kindle For My Flames" - Dabi
My Mood: Lonely

i agree though i do wonder if Pinestars Leaving Him as a Kit to go live a life as a kittypet has something to do with Tigerstars hate of kittypets and halfclan cats...

Pet's name: Zeki Of The Frozen Dawn
Old December 8th, 2022, 10:09 PM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Hopeful

I like him... not as much as Mappleshade or my boi Snowtuft(who I don't see as truly evil, that's a whole other story), but I do like him. I just wished in the first series that hyped him a bunch and at the end he just died to one singular cat. Scourge is great don't get me wrong, but I would of liked for him to have a more better death than what happened. Now his second death to me was at least better. They didn't hype him up as much. I always thought Firestar would kill him rather than the cat that did.

Marigoldleap is a pretty active Riverclan warrior and I really want her to be as active as possible, so if there is ever a plot Idea and you need an extra cat feel free to reach out to me. Her and me would love to have something to do