RiverClan Evacuation...
Last post by glitch
Today 10:31 AM

Old April 11th, 2019, 10:17 AM
Amor Omnia Vincit

My Mood: Angelic

Default Toby's barn [Open]

[Open to anyone!]
Toby hadn't noticed how late into the day it was, the large tom having been too busy lazily soaking up the sunlight to care much for anything else. But alas, he had things to do and he knew better than to avoid them much longer. The brown tom rose to his feet slowly, mouth widening as he yawned tiredly. Stretching, his pale eyes scanned his surroundings for anything peculiar, but all they found was an empty barn coated in a golden haze. Toby was more than familiar with the slightly worn down, bright red barn - he'd lived there all his life. His parents had fallen in love here and birthed him and his siblings within these dirtied red walls, they'd played amongst the hay as kits. He often reminisced about those days, when his whole family would spend so much time together. He wasn't sad, nor lonely; Toby had his fair share of friends, some travellers seeking refuge in his barn, others neighbouring loners or kittypets he'd come to befriend. He was a jolly tom, always seeking out the company of others whenever he could. The large Maine coon hopped down from the second floor of the barn, a section dedicated to the storage of hay and other such substances, and made his way towards the large constantly-ajar doors. They were hardly as sturdy as they were moons ago, winter storms having battered them to pieces. He was sure the twolegs would replace them if the need should ever arise, so he didn't worry. As he got close to the doors, however, a tantalising scent hit him and he found himself practically running towards it. He peered outside, pale eyes immediately pleased by what they saw; chicken. "Yes!" The tom-cat celebrated aloud, tucking into the chicken so quickly you'd think he had been starving for moons! "Thank you, twolegs," He praised in a sing-song voice, humming quietly to himself as he enjoyed his meal. It was a nice change not having to share with anyone else, and he doubted it would last long so he savoured what he could of it.
Old April 11th, 2019, 11:37 AM
A Little More Action

My Mood: Chatty

Default Re: Toby's barn [Open]

Quote:
Originally Posted by North View Post
[Open to anyone!]
Toby hadn't noticed how late into the day it was, the large tom having been too busy lazily soaking up the sunlight to care much for anything else. But alas, he had things to do and he knew better than to avoid them much longer. The brown tom rose to his feet slowly, mouth widening as he yawned tiredly. Stretching, his pale eyes scanned his surroundings for anything peculiar, but all they found was an empty barn coated in a golden haze. Toby was more than familiar with the slightly worn down, bright red barn - he'd lived there all his life. His parents had fallen in love here and birthed him and his siblings within these dirtied red walls, they'd played amongst the hay as kits. He often reminisced about those days, when his whole family would spend so much time together. He wasn't sad, nor lonely; Toby had his fair share of friends, some travellers seeking refuge in his barn, others neighbouring loners or kittypets he'd come to befriend. He was a jolly tom, always seeking out the company of others whenever he could. The large Maine coon hopped down from the second floor of the barn, a section dedicated to the storage of hay and other such substances, and made his way towards the large constantly-ajar doors. They were hardly as sturdy as they were moons ago, winter storms having battered them to pieces. He was sure the twolegs would replace them if the need should ever arise, so he didn't worry. As he got close to the doors, however, a tantalising scent hit him and he found himself practically running towards it. He peered outside, pale eyes immediately pleased by what they saw; chicken. "Yes!" The tom-cat celebrated aloud, tucking into the chicken so quickly you'd think he had been starving for moons! "Thank you, twolegs," He praised in a sing-song voice, humming quietly to himself as he enjoyed his meal. It was a nice change not having to share with anyone else, and he doubted it would last long so he savoured what he could of it.
Dandy was taking in the fresh air as he limped comfortably through the forest. His ginger tail twitched as he began humming a little tune to the birds. Suddenly he stopped short, nearly falling over because of his missing leg. There was a curious smell in the air, almost like bird but far more juicy or something. With a shrug he began following the scent. It smelled delicious, but he was already full from an enormous mouse he had caught recently. However, he was far too curious to let the smell be. Soon the smell mixed with the scent of hay and several cats. He deduced that it must a barn that had been visited by plenty of loners like himself. His sharp green eyes soon caught the flash of red that was obviously the roof of the barn. His pace increased slightly and he could soon see the source of the smell. A brown tom was munching something on the ground. Dandy trotted up to him as well as he could and sat down a couple tail-lengths away. “Top of the morning to ya!” He said, dipping his head.

Travel light and see the world right
You’ll never know if you never go

”Who, me? Couldn’t be!”

Reading gives you someplace to go when you have to stay where you are~
Old April 11th, 2019, 01:35 PM
I’m full of it

Bump Policy: Every 2 days!
My Mood: Sleepy

Book marked !!
Will make a reply to later c:

Go here for general finder or here for kit finder

|| Rabbit || Singepaw || Goosecurl ||

“Avoiding unhappiness is not the road to happiness.”
François Lelord

Old April 12th, 2019, 06:34 AM
Amor Omnia Vincit

My Mood: Angelic

| @Browneyedfox |
Toby almost choked, the large tom jumping backwards in fright as an unfamiliar voice addressed him. He coughed, just about managing to get his chicken down his throat without dying. Pale eyes snapped upwards, his fur bristled and his muscles tensed. He looked rather intimidating, besides the fact he was still gasping for air, his large form standing tall. He quickly softened, however, when he realised the innocence of the "intruder", an apologetic expression lighting up his features. "I'm so sorry! You scared me, is all," He explained, forcing his fur to settle and his muscles to relax. "Toby's the name, it's a pleasure to meet you...?" He purred, encouraging the strange feline to offer their name to him - he always loved meeting new cats. "Are you hungry?" He questioned, gesturing to the half-eaten chicken laying a few pawsteps away from him, the tom silently kicking himself for offering it to the stranger so quickly. The twolegs give yoy chicken and you give it away the first chance you get, what is wrong with you Toby?! It sometimes felt as though the voice in his head came from a different cat entirely - it encouraged more selfish behaviour from Toby, but the tomcat could never follow through without feeling an unbearable amount of guilt. A soft breeze swept through his long pelt, ruffling the lengthy brown strands ever so slightly. It was getting warmer each day, and Toby couldn't contain his excitement. Summer had always been his favourite season; swimming in the nearby lake, long walks through the golden-hazed forest, the abundance of mice. Summer was simply brilliant! But this summer Toby had another goal in mind, something he'd dreamt of since he was a young tomkit. This summer, Toby would find love. He was convinced that by the end of summer, he'd have a she-cat to call his own, one whom he could give flowers to and take on long walks. He was a foolishly hopeless romantic, but Toby didn't care. Toby believed in love, and he was certain that this year he'd find love of his own! The large tom realised he was daydreaming and quickly returned his attention to his visitor, eying the tomcat up curiously. I wonder what happened to his leg? Probably best not to ask... He pondered, trying to avoid staring at the missing limb best he could.

[ @jupiter Okay ^^]

Last edited by North; April 12th, 2019 at 06:35 AM.
Old April 12th, 2019, 07:52 AM
A Little More Action

My Mood: Chatty

Dandy nearly leaped back when the tom started choking and bristling at him. His own ginger fur bristled as well, and his claws half slid-out before the tom relaxed. “No, it’s quite alright. I didn’t mean to sneak up on you.” When Toby offered his name, Dandy nodded politely. “I’m Dandy. A pleasure to meet you.” Taking a glance down at the chicken, he shook his head. “No, thank you though. I had a very large breakfast.” Noticing that the much larger tomcat was trying to avoid the sight of his leg, he decided to start up a conversation. “Do you get many loners around here?”
@North

Travel light and see the world right
You’ll never know if you never go

”Who, me? Couldn’t be!”

Reading gives you someplace to go when you have to stay where you are~
Old April 13th, 2019, 09:19 AM

My Mood: Amused

Ashes wandered the local forest, looking for temporary shelter. She sniffed the air, scenting, what smelt like a Vole. Her scents lead her to the bush that was right next to her. She let her claws out, fur bristling. The large, slightly fluffy she-cat pounced upon the rodent, sinking her teeth into the mouse like creature. She picked up her catch, walking off.

While the mostly gray calico looked around for shelter, she caught the scent of some Chicken. She mostly smelt these two-leg food around their nests, however she also picked up the scent of two other cats. She sat up and slowly padded near the cats.

She noticed the two cats were in a conversation, not wanting to interrupt, she jumped up onto the top of a two-leg made structure, that was red, and rocky, and ate her prey, watching the conversation unfold

(By the way, in RP make sure Ashes is unseen during the conversation.)