Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!

Check out our May 4th Rapid-Paced Lottery!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
ThunderClan Medicine Cat's...
by dino.
Last post by iliri
Today 09:01 PM
Whac-A-Mink [WC/ShC]
Last post by gs29513
Today 08:42 PM
The Shadowledge
by BEAR.
Last post by Morrigan
Today 08:41 PM
Boredom Brings New Friends
by Foxine
Last post by Foxine
Today 08:35 PM
healing request for...
by ellie
Last post by Alchemist Kitsune
Today 08:29 PM

Old July 7th, 2020, 04:25 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
*Dark-kit woke up. It diddnt hurt as bad. He managed to sit up, Kinda.* Fawn-squeak? How long am I going to be in here. Im not trying to annoy you if I am im sorry. @Dipper
Examining his own dressing of the wound, Fawnsqueak tilted his head and resisted the urge to jostle the cobwebs to ensure they were on tightly. "I mean, you don't.. have to stay in here," he responded, distant to his thoughts as an idea hatched. He held the stare for a heartbeat longer before thoughtfully rummaging through the storage to produce a marigold, soon chewed into a poultice that was applied carefully around the dressing so to not damage or loosen it. "Might.. sting, maybe? A little? I'm not sure. The infection, uh, would hurt worse, so..."

None of that answered Darkkit's question of how long he'd be in here, partly because Fawnsqueak didn't know the response to that. It depended on a handful of factors, none including him anymore. "I don't really want to keep you in here, but..." he hesitated, "kits are kind of prone to play-fighting and stuff, and if your wound dressing came off, you'd have to come back anyway."

everything about us is going to be wonderful
Old July 7th, 2020, 04:40 PM
the stars are aligned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau View Post
[ @Dipper ]

Cormorantpaw weakly pulled himself to his paws and managed to trudge tremblingly back into the den. His paws burned fiercely and his head was dizzy- only being able to see out of one eye didn’t help. Coughing roughly, the muscular apprentice managed to drag himself back to where he’d been laying down but this time he only sat. Even through the fog of poppy and pain, Cormorantpaw knew he had to find Buckbranch and Sweetpaw, not to mention Eveningpaw and Ravenpaw.

Swaying dangerously, Cormorantpaw coughed again and peered weakly up at Fawnsqueak as the Riverclan medicine cat spoke to some other cats. How had he gotten here? Where was everyone else? The warrior he’d dragged out of Thunderclan’s camp was there and she seemed to be mostly awake but he didn’t really recognize anyone else. Fawnsqueak and Lionstar he could recognize from gatherings but the rest of the den seemed full of other Riverclanners whom he didn’t know- which Cormorantpaw supposed made sense since he was in Riverclan.

“Fawnsqueak,” he croaked, throat clenching painfully, “w-what happened? How did I get here? Where’s Buckbranch? W-why can’t I see right?”

Each question hurt him but he needed to know. Panic was still fresh in his veins and he was desperate to figure out why he couldn’t open his eye and where his mentor and friend were.
"Hm--? Wait, where are you going?" Fawnsqueak asked and suppressed the laugh at his own surprise, how completely startled he'd sounded from a patient he'd assumed was fairly immobile.. getting up and walking around? The sound had acquired his attention, now directed to the antsy Cormorantpaw who'd apparently made it back to the nest, but Fawnsqueak stood over him. Perplexed. Squinted down at him.

Gaze traveling over his injuries, he analyzed how it was healing, how he might need to reapply the final dandelion in storage. A run for more wouldn't hurt, though. "...How're you feeling?" he asked when he determined it was probably strange not to, and it'd be a good gauge of where they needed to go next with this. "Does it still hurt, or.." Maybe Cormorantpaw was just weak, and that thought alone had him retreating to grab the moss ball, soak it in water, and return it to Cormorantpaw as if in an offering.

That was approximately when.. he.. made a noise. A noise that distinctly sounded like his name and it sent weird chills up Fawnsqueak's spine. Visibly alarmed, he was motionless. It was definitely his name. That wasn't some sort of odd pain-noise, it was his name and this .. possibly-apprentice knew his name and that was not only unexpected, but a little unnerving.

Recovering from his momentary shock, Fawnsqueak blinked himself from the stupor to ask, "How do you.. know who I am? I-- have we met?" Oh stars, he already could feel the embarrassment of forgetting someone creeping up. Although aware his name had been announced at the gatherings a few times, even in reference to being a medicine cat, he found it a daring leap to assign a name to a stranger whose appearance wouldn't match the pronouns. The rest of the questions were on hold, despite taking note of them, too concerned he was reuniting with a past encounter -- and he was flustered that he couldn't recall who Cormorantpaw was.

((i wanted to do a separate reply for lion/otter where fawn can focus on only that convo [it's p important!] so i won't be merging those ;0 @Beau ))

Last edited by Fawn; July 7th, 2020 at 04:40 PM.
Old July 7th, 2020, 04:42 PM
hunting from the shadows.

Bump Policy: 4 days [time sensitive: 2 days]

*dark-kit looked at the med cat* I know..Its not really a kits thing to be in here anyway.

when does man become a monster?
i am your darkest moment
the monster that always draws near
any last words?

✰ [ stag’s carrd ]✰

kat sneaks away from aries... and runs into carmen
Old July 7th, 2020, 04:49 PM
the stars are aligned

Quote:
*dark-kit looked at the med cat* I know..Its not really a kits thing to be in here anyway.
The non-sequitur would've puzzled Fawnsqueak if not for the source being Darkkit, a.. kit. Kits didn't have to make sense, and in his experience, they often didn't. So he flippantly replied, "It's kind of not anyone's 'thing' to be in here, honestly. But unless you have a parent who's going to watch over you and make sure that doesn't come off--" he broke to indicate the cobwebs and marigold, "--you should wait until it's a bit more healed."

Old July 7th, 2020, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipper View Post

The non-sequitur would've puzzled Fawnsqueak if not for the source being Darkkit, a.. kit. Kits didn't have to make sense, and in his experience, they often didn't. So he flippantly replied, "It's kind of not anyone's 'thing' to be in here, honestly. But unless you have a parent who's going to watch over you and make sure that doesn't come off--" he broke to indicate the cobwebs and marigold, "--you should wait until it's a bit more healed."
Am I annoying you? If I am , Im sorry I can stop talking.. I kept you from going to like any where... *Dark-kit went silent* Also I dont really have parent expect my uncle Redspot whos at the gathering.

i am your darkest moment
any last words?

✰ [ stag’s carrd ]✰

Last edited by stag; July 7th, 2020 at 04:58 PM.
Old July 7th, 2020, 05:06 PM
all that i’ll ever need

[ @Dipper- makes sense! It would be pretty odd for a TC apprentice to witness the whole resigning/firing thing haha ]
(also, in regards to Corm- he’d originally dragged himself out of the den to puke and managed to sorta walk back in so he’s not like prancing around haha just cause I don’t want him to be like a superhero or something- he’s still pretty weak and I don’t think he’d be able to actually walk somewhere for real)

Cormorantpaw had ignored the voice behind him as he dragged his weak body outside to throw up an ashen, toxic mixture. He figured the medicine cat would appreciate having to clean up that nasty excretion. The apprentice was far too foggy and pained to really care to look at his facial expressions or try to gauge his mood either so any emotions that Fawnsqueak experienced at the sight of the disheveled apprentice half walking/ half dragging himself back to the nest were lost on him.

As for the question of how he was feeling, Cormorantpaw blinked at the cat before him like he had three heads. Yes it still hurt- everything hurt! His mind was just working enough to process a feeling of incredulity at the question and he wondered briefly if he’d gotten it wrong and this wasn’t the medicine cat. The black and grey apprentice didn’t want to be rude despite his pessimistic thoughts so he rasped,

“My paws hurt and my lungs hurt and my face hurts a lot but aside from that I think I’m fine. Do you know what’s up with my eye?”

Cormorantpaw noticed with some irritation that Fawnsqueak skipped over his questions to ask his own and the apprentice raised a brow at the surprise that he registered on the other cat’s face. So he had been right, this was the medicine cat. Why was he so surprised he knew his name? Surely a Riverclan cat would be able to name Thunderclan’s medicine cat. Still, Cormorantpaw provided an answer.

“Uh... I mean, you’ve been to gatherings and Lionstar has said your name a bunch. Plus, I’m in the Riverclan medicine den and you’re the only one here so I figured you’re probably Fawnsqueak. But... no, we haven’t met.”

Now that Fawnsqueak had been weirded out by him knowing his name, Cormorantpaw realized that it could’ve been a stretch to immediately call the cat before him Fawnsqueak but he wasn’t really in the mood to wonder whether the cat in the medicine den was the medicine cat before he had started speaking.

Feeling his throat start scratching more painfully, Cormorantpaw paused to take a drink from the moss he’d been provided, nodding his thanks to Fawnsqueak. Truthfully, if he’d been in a better mindset and physical condition he might have been more questioning when addressing the cat before him rather than assuming their identity, but his pain addled brain just couldn’t process social uncertainty on top of everything else. Even at that moment all the talking was making him feel dizzy again and he was swaying harder as though he might crumple back to the ground. His voice sounded alright to him- aside from the coarse raspiness of it- but he suddenly found himself with the strange thought that he might have been nearly unintelligible. His weakness and raspiness and the fogginess of just regaining consciousness likely made him hard to understand. Yet, there were things he had to know.

“Do you know where my mentor is?”

[ I’m planning on Corm being half blind because of the branch hitting his eye- which is why he can’t see out of it rn c; also, sorry that this is super long!! ]

Last edited by dionysus; July 7th, 2020 at 05:07 PM.
Old July 7th, 2020, 05:07 PM
the stars are aligned

Quote:
Um FawnSqeuk Ive got a few herbs. for ya.*He looked at his son and looked away.* Here. *He pushed fawn a few poppy seeds, a stick and some cobwebs* I think your gonna need it @Dipper http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/...?t=32&page=737
2+Cobwebs
3+Poppy seeds
1+Stick
Fawnsqueak caught a glimpse of a cat coming in and was there to greet Riverwhisker, albeit less cordially than he would've liked to since he could only spare a nod. Upon realizing he had material sacrifices to make, he said, "Oh, thanks.. Yeah, there is fine." in reference to where he'd dropped them off. A spare moment's break allowed Fawnsqueak to nose over the herbs with interest, supposing it was fairly run-of-the-mill stuff but no less useful. A couple cobwebs, a few poppy seeds, and a stick. They soon joined the rest of the herbs in storage.

((sorry this was a bit delayed ;; ))

Old July 7th, 2020, 05:10 PM
the stars are aligned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL. View Post
Once they had made it back to camp, Thistlestep immediately went into his brother's den. "Hey Fawn," he mumbled through the stick in his mouth, "got some stuff for you."

Carefully, he set the stick wrapped in cobwebs down against one of the nests and looked expectantly at Blizzardpaw so he'd drop off his flower collection. It was strangely familiar.. it felt like an echo of his trip with Firehawk.

[ @Dipper, @Zesty Mango;; the haul: 1 stick, 3 cobwebs, 1 poppyhead, 1 dandelion ]
Fawnsqueak could seriously be thanking the stars right now for the supply drops that were essentially landing on his doorstep, even if he planned to venture out to fill the gaps of what they didn't have in storage later. "Thanks, Thistle," he said, appreciative. "We pretty much need all of this right now." Cobwebs and poppy seeds were always good, and the dandelion was particularly needed with ThunderClan's burns. While he still had no clue if that was the right treatment, at least it would keep the pain from being too much of a bother.

((sorry this was a bit delayed as well;; ))

Old July 7th, 2020, 05:11 PM

*He left quietly* Bye Dark-kit.

*Dark-kit smiled*

i am your darkest moment
any last words?

✰ [ stag’s carrd ]✰

Old July 7th, 2020, 05:30 PM
the stars are aligned

In the herb storage, Fawnsqueak debated the best method of removing the poppy seeds from the poppyhead... or if he should at all, since the poppyhead could've been keeping them fresher. But that innocent and small-issue train of thought was interrupted by the muffled voice of Lionstar near the den entrance. At first, he hadn't bothered to go over there; he was calling for Otterstone, and he imagined it would be another pouting rant about how she was letting him down. Business as usual, except for Lionstar's lack of screeching.

That .. was weird. Super unusual. If Lionstar was upset, there'd be a tantrum and it was going to be loud. Curious, Fawnsqueak began to listen in to catch snippets of the conversation that blew his earlier theory out of the water about the nature of this talk, and he was blindly walking forward into the confrontation before he even registered that he was moving. Standing there, like some awkward bystander who was witnessing something they shouldn't.

Face draining of color, Fawnsqueak peered at Lionstar and waited for him to demonstrate his lack of thought. His recklessness, how this was all a mistake, and he'd come back in a bit to begrudgingly admit to that. The tired, calculated tone of his announcement didn't align with his typical heat-of-the-moment decision making, and that combined was making Fawnsqueak jittery with anxiety, his legs trembling to the point where he debated crouching down to make that less obvious. He was trapped in a stony silence, had nothing to even say to this but could merely watch through wide-eyes.

On the tip of his tongue was a rejection of this, a proposal to help build her warriors' den nest, an admission he didn't do great either at this, a farewell, anything. Yet he could only sputter out unintelligible noises --not even words-- that were attempted formations of something coherent but were a far reach from that.

Fawnsqueak peered to Lionstar, the movement a subconscious cry for help in understanding how to deal with this or what he was supposed to say at this point since Lionstar had always been superior in resolving these matters diplomatically. And Fawnsqueak? Fawnsqueak was standing there, making broken sounds, and looking dumb while feeling rotten. He'd never thought he'd actually be in this situation.

"Medicine cat?" was what he finally choked out, repeating it in disbelief. "I..."

@BILL. [ @CheetahPelt just in case]

Last edited by Fawn; July 7th, 2020 at 05:31 PM.