Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > The Dark Forest

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
How does WCO see you?
Last post by Morrigan
Today 04:00 AM
Secrets of Past Generations
Last post by Rustleaf
Today 01:44 AM
The House of Horrors...
by Dust
Last post by Dust
Today 01:31 AM
Converting your YouTube...
by nyx
Last post by Seamrog
Today 01:12 AM
Cutest Warrior Name?
by blxze.
Last post by rubberRatroom
Today 01:03 AM

Old November 29th, 2020, 05:34 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Default A Shrew as Black as Midnight(Private)

Shrewpaw was here again. He wasn't sure why he kept being called, brought, transported to this forest of shadows, but it had happened once again and this time it felt.....different. It wasn't as unwelcoming, as forbidden now. The mist was lighter, and he could see the twinkle of Starclan territory in the distance, something he had never seen before. It made him feel less scared, more secure. So he took the chance, upon scenting someone, calling out Hello? Who's there? his guard still up, claws unsheathed.

And when Blackhaze emerged from the gloom, looking every bit a spirit, you could have knocked him over with a feather, a single, solitary feather. He was.....DEAD? He had always assumed he would return soon, probably after things had cooled down, but......DEAD? And in the Dark Forest? All he could say was No. You're not dead. Are.....are you? he didn't want to believe it, would refuse to until Blackhaze told him himself likely. @Exis
Old November 30th, 2020, 06:37 AM
sadly, I exist

My Mood: Dark

Default Re: A Shrew as Black as Midnight(Private)

Blackhaze soled sadly down at Shrewpaw. It was painful to do this one, being the nature of their relationship meant they were close.

“Yes I’m dead. I was killed by...” If he told the truth would Shrew get himself in trouble? Probably. “By a savage dog. I was trying to get home but... it just didn’t work. Anyway stop and chat, how is everyone?” he asked as he nodded for them to start walking. Just like old times.
@gs29513

Credit for my avatar goes to @Redtalon.
Old November 30th, 2020, 02:05 PM
You're stuck with me

He was dead. He was dead. Blackhaze was dead. Somehow Shrewpaw had never imagined it possible, but he couldn't exactly do anything about it now. He had to accept it, and at least he could talk to him, but it was still so, so painful. He supposed he would have to tell Foggybrook. That would be awful, to have to tell her. Blackhaze's words were strange, as he hesitated before telling Shrewpaw why he had died. There were dogs yes, but how far had he gone? He wasn't going to argue now though, nodding before falling in beside his friend. Everyone is alright I guess. Me and Foggybrook are fine anyway.
I'm close to being a warrior. But Dawnstar is scary. She......got mad at Thornscratch since her apprentice died, and renamed her Failpaw. And no one was allowed to talk to her. And it was awful. And I'm scared, but I have to pretend I'm not because a lot of cats love her and would rat anyone who might not be loyal out.
It was a lot of words, but no one was here. No one would know what was said here, unless he told them. It made him feel safe to open up actually. The fact he wouldn't see Blackhaze except in dreams was still not fully absorbed, since he had seen living cats here before, and Blackhaze himself wasn't very upset seemingly. @Exis
Old November 30th, 2020, 05:07 PM
sadly, I exist

Blackhaze shook his head, this was no way for his family to live. “Shrewpaw... have you ever thought of leaving? I don’t want you and Foggy leaving to Starclan anytime soon.” He mewed cautiously, he didn’t want to ruffle fur but... but he was scared.

On another paw, there was still the ordeal of this cat is still dating his sister he believed. “Anyway, you and Foggy huh?” This conversation felt familiar.
@gs29513

Old December 1st, 2020, 06:47 AM
You're stuck with me

Shrewpaw had never considered leaving, not ever. He had assumed once he was a warrior he could protect everyone he cared about, hunt enough, fight well enough that they would just......be alright. He thought Blackhaze would understand that, with how much hunting he had done. But......leave? He couldn't take EVERYONE he cared about! Ebonyfang was the medicine cat! So he mewed, a bit hesitantly as if it might be the wrong answer No? I hadn't considered it actually. But I agree on the not-wanting-to-join-Starclan thing. Happy to leave that topic behind, at the question of him and Foggy, which he thought Blackhaze had figured wasn't going away but maybe not, maybe not. A bit of happiness entering his voice, he mewed Yes, me and Foggy. Still a thing. And hopefully a thing for a long time to come, if he was right. @Exis

Last edited by gs29513; December 1st, 2020 at 06:47 AM.
Old December 1st, 2020, 04:00 PM
sadly, I exist

Blackhaze shook his head, he’d been there. Where Shrew was, he’d been there in his shoes and it had killed him in the end. “By the way, make sure it’ll be Starclan you join. Don’t be me.”

Next topic, perfect. He accepted this a bit happily because, he liked Shrew, he trusted him to take care of Foggy. “That’s good. That’s really good. I’m happy for you both. I mean, I couldn’t think of anyone I’d rather have a ‘thing’ with Foggy.”
@gs29513

Old December 2nd, 2020, 09:29 AM
You're stuck with me

He hoped it would be Starclan, but it didn't seem the Dark Forest was all that bad to him. He knew he shouldn't be thinking this way, not at all, but at least Blackhaze could talk to him. Starclan cats couldn't leave Starclan, at least he didn't think they could. But Dark Forest cats couldn't really see each other. Plus, no one really wanted to be known as an evil cat. Glad that Blackhaze was alright with, approved of his crush on Foggybrook, Shrewpaw nodded happily. Thank you. There's no one I'd rather have a thing with than Foggy! his wonderful hug monster. Something was tickling in the back of his brain though, the hesitation that Blackhaze had had when telling him he was attacked by a dog. Hesitantly, he asked Where was the dog that killed you? Should the clan be worried about it? If there was a lack of details, that might mean it wasn't a dog after all. He didn't want to doubt his friend, but something wasn't really right. @Exis
Old December 2nd, 2020, 11:16 AM
sadly, I exist

Blackhaze almost snarled, but he didn’t, or maybe he did. “The dog is within the clan already Shrewpaw. Tread lightly within your rank. You cannot fail your assessment.” The rage of his words dripped like venom from a snake’s fang. Looking at Shrewpaw he realized the cat was in dire need of a bit of extra help. The only dire thing was that of the consequences. “You need to train more, everything you know depends on it.”

@gs29513

Last edited by Exis; December 2nd, 2020 at 11:20 AM.
Old December 2nd, 2020, 01:22 PM
You're stuck with me

Jumping in surprise as Blackhaze snarled, Shrewpaw took a hasty step back as he listened. It wasn't a real dog, that much was clear. A dog in the clan would have DEFINITELY been noticed and slaughtered by now. It sounded almost like a cryptic prophecy, the kind Starclan would give, but it wasn't. It was a warning of someone who didn't want to say to much. But he wasn't about to blow it off, not with the anger that was in Blackhaze's voice. Shrewpaw wanted to ask more, he knew there was more information he could learn. He had to keep everyone safe!

Something touched his leg. Whirling around, he saw nothing there. He felt it again. Still nothing. He could feel it, and he reached out at it, pawing at his leg. He closed his eyes and opened them again, trying to see the thing. But it was light. Everything was bright, so bright after the dark of the forest. He could see his mentor standing over him, hear her telling him to hurry up and follow her. He wanted to say something, try and go back, but he remembered the warning. "You need to train more, everything you know depends on it". (DRAMATIC ENDING!) @Exis (Sorry, couldn't resist)

Last edited by gs29513; December 2nd, 2020 at 01:22 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2021, 03:14 PM
sadly, I exist

Blackhaze focused, if he focused hard enough he could do it. He could bring Shrewpaw to him in his sleep. He’d need to practice this skill more if this whole thing was going to work. Blackhaze focused his attention on the now sleeping Shrewpaw. “Come home my son.” he spoke without actually speaking. Using a voice that wasn’t quite his, more the voice of his spirit. “Come home.”
@gs29513 (I wanted to make him as guru-i as possible)