Last post by Fish
Today 12:03 AM

Old November 27th, 2017, 10:16 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

Default Re: SkyClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
(I knew Specklespring sounded familiar! She was Shine's second to last apprentice).

"You bet your tail, Specks," The old tom said with a friendly purr. Specklespring had been Shinefang's third apprentice during his long career as a warrior. The old fleabag had a special place in his heart for all of the cats he'd gotten to help grow into warriors, but what he had liked the most about the spotted she-cat was the way she'd been able to work hard fort her clan and rarely complain. He appreciated that in any cat, especially a young cat. She'd been smart too. Very meticulous when it came to her hunting and battle techniques. It made her a quick study, which the tom had also liked. He couldn't suffer fools. "You look like your just about ready to pop. Mind if i check on how those bugs in your belly are doing?" he asked, lifting a paw to place on her belly as soon as she gave him to ok. Though he carried on in a pleasant manner, Shinefang was actually quite nervous about this part of his new job. The reasons were obvious enough to him. Kitting is how he'd lost his mate and their three kits all in one terrible day. As much as he tried be positive about this kitting and all the factors in Specklespring's favor: like all the help she'd be expecting from her older kits and the fact that she'd given birth before, the truth that leafbare was coming, problems could happen in any birth, and Shinefang himself had never delivered kits overshadowed that cozy optimism.

(Yeah, also Shine's sister-in-law.)
Purring at the older tom's response, Speckledspring shifted in her nest a bit so she could face him better. Once he asked to feel her stomach, she nodded and shifted a bit more, curling her tail around her hind paws. "I feel like I am going to pop." She laughed, licking a forepaw and running it over her ears. "I can't believe I did this twice before!" Speckledspring remembered her first litter. It had been a large litter of five kits, all of them full-grown warriors now, but she remembered when they had been itsy-bitsy kittens. She still thought of them as kits from time to time, something she knew they didn't appreciate much. She was grateful that the kits from her second litter, Silverpaw and Flickerpaw, didn't mind much when she treated them like her kits, snuggling with them and grooming them. She knew Flickerpaw kind of cared, but really only around his friends.

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.
Old November 28th, 2017, 07:35 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post

(Yeah, also Shine's sister-in-law.)
Purring at the older tom's response, Speckledspring shifted in her nest a bit so she could face him better. Once he asked to feel her stomach, she nodded and shifted a bit more, curling her tail around her hind paws. "I feel like I am going to pop." She laughed, licking a forepaw and running it over her ears. "I can't believe I did this twice before!" Speckledspring remembered her first litter. It had been a large litter of five kits, all of them full-grown warriors now, but she remembered when they had been itsy-bitsy kittens. She still thought of them as kits from time to time, something she knew they didn't appreciate much. She was grateful that the kits from her second litter, Silverpaw and Flickerpaw, didn't mind much when she treated them like her kits, snuggling with them and grooming them. She knew Flickerpaw kind of cared, but really only around his friends.
"Mmmhmm. It looks uncomfortable. Don't think I'd go back for seconds if I was born a shecat," Shinefang mused, moving his paw gently along Specklespring's engorged belly. He could feel tiny shapes within. One shifted under his paw as he probed. "Sorry little one," he muttered. "One, two, three... and here's a fourth. Four kits, Specks. You're gonna have your paws full," he said giving her belly a gentle pat as he backed up to let her know he was finished checking on her. "Any problems happening? Bleeding? Nausea? Appetite problems?"

Old December 7th, 2017, 12:11 AM
I’m full of it

Bump Policy: Every 2 days!
My Mood: Sleepy

Citrusbreath sat in her nest. Her golden and wispy fur hanging off the edges if her nest and spilling out onto the floor in spools. She looked so graceful there her chin raised and the glare if the sun reflecting off her fur so perfectly in the moment. Her striking green eyes dazzling the light. She seemed like a statue situated just so it looked pretty. The only abnormal thing was her swollen stomach, to which she had a paw laid over it protectively. A moment later her head stooped down and she gently laid it into the moss shutting her eyes.

As she slightly rested the burden of her kittens off, the voice of shinefang entered the nursery, trying her best to ignore the irregular sounds of a toms voice as she made efforts to drift to sleep. But when his voice grew demanding over the peace and quiet she sat up and examined as he moved from queen to queen. It was good to see somebody so devoured to taking care if the queens, ebonypaw wasn't exactly as experienced as she had hoped she would be and shinefang seemed to settle in so nicely she couldn't help but rest assured the clan was being watched. Finally she tried to flag him down raising up her long tail and waving it in his direction, "Shinefang, shinefang over here" she cooed from her best. Shuffling ever so slightly that she was sitting up.

@Charmer

Go here for general finder or here for kit finder

|| Rabbit || Singepaw || Goosecurl ||

“Avoiding unhappiness is not the road to happiness.”
François Lelord

Old December 7th, 2017, 07:48 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
Citrusbreath sat in her nest. Her golden and wispy fur hanging off the edges if her nest and spilling out onto the floor in spools. She looked so graceful there her chin raised and the glare if the sun reflecting off her fur so perfectly in the moment. Her striking green eyes dazzling the light. She seemed like a statue situated just so it looked pretty. The only abnormal thing was her swollen stomach, to which she had a paw laid over it protectively. A moment later her head stooped down and she gently laid it into the moss shutting her eyes.

As she slightly rested the burden of her kittens off, the voice of shinefang entered the nursery, trying her best to ignore the irregular sounds of a toms voice as she made efforts to drift to sleep. But when his voice grew demanding over the peace and quiet she sat up and examined as he moved from queen to queen. It was good to see somebody so devoured to taking care if the queens, ebonypaw wasn't exactly as experienced as she had hoped she would be and shinefang seemed to settle in so nicely she couldn't help but rest assured the clan was being watched. Finally she tried to flag him down raising up her long tail and waving it in his direction, "Shinefang, shinefang over here" she cooed from her best. Shuffling ever so slightly that she was sitting up.

@Charmer
What remained of Shinefang's ears perked up at the sound of a soft voice calling his name. "That'd be Citrusbark," he said to himself, shuffling along the the deeper part of the nursery where the queen had no doubt hoped to get a little bit of rest. "'Morning," glancing over the younger shecat, he saw that she was getting bigger, her belly swelling with kits. "You don't look quite like you're ready to pop yet, but you're getting there," he murmured, moseying up to sit beside the queen. "How are you feeling today? and nausea or pain?" he asked, holding up a paw as an unspoken request to feel her belly to check on how the kits were growing.

(Would she be far enough along that he'd be able to give a count?)

Old December 8th, 2017, 01:43 PM
I’m full of it

Bump Policy: Every 2 days!
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
What remained of Shinefang's ears perked up at the sound of a soft voice calling his name. "That'd be Citrusbark," he said to himself, shuffling along the the deeper part of the nursery where the queen had no doubt hoped to get a little bit of rest. "'Morning," glancing over the younger shecat, he saw that she was getting bigger, her belly swelling with kits. "You don't look quite like you're ready to pop yet, but you're getting there," he murmured, moseying up to sit beside the queen. "How are you feeling today? and nausea or pain?" he asked, holding up a paw as an unspoken request to feel her belly to check on how the kits were growing.

(Would she be far enough along that he'd be able to give a count?)

[ I wouldn't think so but your welcome to have shinefang try?? ]

Citrusbreath smiled happily at shinefang and swept her tail over her leg happily. "I just hope they would hurry up in there" she meowed with a joking smile. She than lowered her head onto her paws and stretched out her torso for a good moment. "Well. I've been actually quite concerned" she meowed rubbing her head with her paw. "I have had the appetite of a starving badger" she meows looking down at her belly with a concerned expression. "Does that mean I can over feed the kits? I just can't stop myself" she said with a nervous laugh. She moved her paw allowing him to fully inspect her stomach as she laid back to give him more room.

Go here for general finder or here for kit finder

|| Rabbit || Singepaw || Goosecurl ||

“Avoiding unhappiness is not the road to happiness.”
François Lelord

Old December 8th, 2017, 07:24 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial View Post

[ I wouldn't think so but your welcome to have shinefang try?? ]

Citrusbreath smiled happily at shinefang and swept her tail over her leg happily. "I just hope they would hurry up in there" she meowed with a joking smile. She than lowered her head onto her paws and stretched out her torso for a good moment. "Well. I've been actually quite concerned" she meowed rubbing her head with her paw. "I have had the appetite of a starving badger" she meows looking down at her belly with a concerned expression. "Does that mean I can over feed the kits? I just can't stop myself" she said with a nervous laugh. She moved her paw allowing him to fully inspect her stomach as she laid back to give him more room.
Shinefang's whiskers gave a twitch as a small, amused mrrow escaped him. "This is your first litter, huh?" he guessed, laying a paw gently on he belly. "You couldn't overfeed them if you tried, Citrusbirch. That hunger is just your body making sure you're eating enough for yourself and the kits. And with leafbare coming, the more weight those little ones can put on, the more they're be able to stand the cold. You keep eating as much as you like. Don't force yourself to have more than you can stand either. Eat when you're hungry and your kits should grow strong and healthy." Shinefang felt along the shecats belly as she spoke. He pregnancy was still too early for him to count the kits, but her belly was full and radiated warmth. "Everything is looking good so far," he said, taking his paw back.

Old December 11th, 2017, 05:25 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

Quote:
"Mmmhmm. It looks uncomfortable. Don't think I'd go back for seconds if I was born a shecat," Shinefang mused, moving his paw gently along Specklespring's engorged belly. He could feel tiny shapes within. One shifted under his paw as he probed. "Sorry little one," he muttered. "One, two, three... and here's a fourth. Four kits, Specks. You're gonna have your paws full," he said giving her belly a gentle pat as he backed up to let her know he was finished checking on her. "Any problems happening? Bleeding? Nausea? Appetite problems?"

Four kits? Great Starclan.... Speckledspring didn't know if she would be able to handle that many kits. She remembered her rambunctious first litter, it had been a while since she had cared for so many kits at once. "You are surely right, four kits is going to give me a headache!" She joked, flicking her tail. At the medicine cat's next questions, Speckledspring took a moment to think. "No, not at all. I'd have to say that I have been perfectly healthy through this!"

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.
Old December 11th, 2017, 08:51 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post

Four kits? Great Starclan.... Speckledspring didn't know if she would be able to handle that many kits. She remembered her rambunctious first litter, it had been a while since she had cared for so many kits at once. "You are surely right, four kits is going to give me a headache!" She joked, flicking her tail. At the medicine cat's next questions, Speckledspring took a moment to think. "No, not at all. I'd have to say that I have been perfectly healthy through this!"
"Good. Very good. That's what we're going for," he said. The shecat may not have looked like his former mate, but the two were kin. And though he'd never show it, the old tom harbored a desperate hope that her kitting would go well. He didn't know how he'd face his mate in Starclan if he couldn't assure Slatepelt's sister a safe kitting. "If anything changes. Send for me, right away, alright?" he said, his nervousness not quite concealed.

(Want to RP the birth later on? Not everyone likes to RP that part, but Shine is all yours if you want to)

Old January 3rd, 2018, 10:52 PM
Angelique's Brother!

My Mood: Fanatic

@Edmia | @Timbergrowl | @PhantomRiderYT

Morningbreeze walked into the nursery after spending some time out of camp. The queen looked over at her kits, letting out a light purr. She made her way over to the mossy nest, sitting down beside her babies.

Please know that your perfect no matter what gender, sexuality, etc is.

I'll only be on from 10:00 pm to 1:00 am my time.
Old January 4th, 2018, 01:09 PM

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan View Post

Morningbreeze walked into the nursery after spending some time out of camp. The queen looked over at her kits, letting out a light purr. She made her way over to the mossy nest, sitting down beside her babies.
Cypresskit snuggled closer to the warm body of his mother before he began to lightly snore. The little tom twitched in his sleep, still happy to finally be warm.