Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!

Need a helping hand? Check out this thread for info on how to get some egg hunt hints!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
"I've Seen Fire, and I've...
by blxze.
Last post by Bean
Today 06:19 AM
Picture sizes
by blxze.
Last post by blxze.
Today 05:52 AM
Cattail Pond
by BEAR.
Last post by BEAR.
Today 05:30 AM
Velli's Pop-Up Egg Hint...
Last post by blxze.
Today 04:52 AM
Our Little Warriors:...
by blxze.
Last post by blxze.
Today 04:46 AM

Old December 9th, 2016, 04:20 PM
Cuddle Lord

My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: SkyClan Leader's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
As patient as ever, he allowed the other tom to take some time before answering his question, figuring it was a lot to process at once and that really, any question he asked might be needed to be given a moment for thought. So as he waited for Mapledash to answer him, Grousestar uttered a soft yawn and gently began to rasp his tongue over his shoulder, gaze still focused on the cat before him, not at all attempting to give the cat the feeling that he was being rushed. The leader may like to live a fast paced life, but he would never rush another cat in anything. Though I can't help but wonder what he's thinking about. Is it perhaps some secret hideout that he doesn't want me to know about? A secret hideout of strange loners that have gathered somewhere past Twoleg place who have heard of Skyclan and chose to believe in them and take on warrior names? Oh the possibilities, it's so exciting! What will he reveal to me? Surely it'll be something interesting if he's taking so long to think it over! Grousestar couldn't quite help the tip of his tail from quivering in his excitement and forced himself to take a deep breath. The answers will come in due time, do not rush this cat. You would not want to be rushed if you were in his position. His mind scolded himself quietly, causing him to flick an ear in dismissal.

And finally the tom began to speak, the brown tabby stopping his short grooming session to focus purely on Mapledash and what he was going to tell him, unable to hide the excitement that coursed through him as to the answer to this strange mystery regarding this cat's origin, where he had traveled from. As the cat in front of him spoke, his head slowly began to tilt sideways, his emerald eyes glancing away in thought as he tried to process what this cat was saying to him. There's.. Another clan? Wait four other clans? And he was sent here by his clan because they need help... His eyes looked back at Mapledash as he continued to speak, explaining the troubles that the four clans are going through before he looked away again, his smile gone as a thoughtful, contemplative look took it's place, a strange look on the usually happy, excited, cheerful cat that everyone see's. I'm not quite sure anyone has seen him like this. Cats took over the clans, the new leaders, they ban the worship of Starclan, even going so far as to rejecting the suffix star and replacing it with night. Preventing medicine cats from meeting as well.. Threatening cat's who oppose them. Wrinkling his nose, he could feel a small headache coming on, this was a lot to process at once, his gaze focusing on his paws.
So there's four clans I've never heard about. That's where he's from.. And he came here in search of help because those clans are taken over by cats who greatly oppose Starclan and threaten all who oppose them, ruling with an iron paw I assume. And he... Expects me to help them.

Grousestar had remained silent the entire time, his gaze mostly focused elsewhere from the tom in front of him, but finally, his green gaze focused on Mapledash again. Looking over his demeanor, his facial features, the emotions in his eyes before slowly looking at his paws again, blinking and flicking the tip of his tail in thought.
"So... Let me get this straight Mapledash. There are four other clans, in which I've never heard about, that no other cat in Skyclan has heard about, and you are from one of them. You came here.. Looking for help for those clans because of evil cats that took over each of them and outlawed any worship of Starclan and threaten all who oppose there rule... Correct?" For once, Grousestar spoke relatively slow as he tried to piece this together correctly, his eyes still focused on his paws.
Should I believe this cat who showed up in my territory not too long ago? The fate of this clan rests on this decision, many could die if I decide to take a chance and trust this cat. The journey will be hard, especially if he said it's practically a quarter of a moon walk to them. And what if he's lying? I would never call a cat a liar without proof, but.. If he's lying, then we could have walked all of that way for nothing, lost lives over nothing.. But if he's telling the truth.... I could be saving their lives..
Taking a deep breath, the leader mulled it over in silence. This was the first big decision he had to make for this clan, the clan he loved so dearly. And never would he imagine that it would come so soon, nor come with such gravity in either choice.
Mapledash hesitated a moment before agreeing, not sure if the leader believed him at all. He gathred all the confidence he could, and noded to the leader. "I know this is a lot at once for you, and I am as surprised as you that clans exist so far from eachothers, but all of this is true. Please! We need the help of skyclan, cats who still have a strong belief in starclan to inspire the few believers back in our territory. They have to escape the fear, to fight back, and right now they can't." He didn't know if he convinced the leader, he was aware that from his point of view, this story made no sense, but as sincere as he was, he had to believe him. "Our fate is up to you." he added, lowering his head. He felt as if he was awating for his judgement, as if the leader was going to claw him pelt out and chase a crazed cat out of the territory. He would accept his fate, even if it broke his heart. The only thing keeping him in place right now was the mere hope that grousestar would believe him.

(I got no material and I'm out of sleep, so this might be short. I'll log off for a few, family stuff. Later.)

Please make sure to use "quote" or "mention" if you want me to look back at the roleplay quickly, it is highly appreciated and will make it easier for me to reply. Thanks! *hugs* <3 lots of love for everyone to share with!

Character site

Kindness is here.

~ Meet the family. ~
Old December 9th, 2016, 06:05 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapledash View Post
Mapledash hesitated a moment before agreeing, not sure if the leader believed him at all. He gathred all the confidence he could, and noded to the leader. "I know this is a lot at once for you, and I am as surprised as you that clans exist so far from eachothers, but all of this is true. Please! We need the help of skyclan, cats who still have a strong belief in starclan to inspire the few believers back in our territory. They have to escape the fear, to fight back, and right now they can't." He didn't know if he convinced the leader, he was aware that from his point of view, this story made no sense, but as sincere as he was, he had to believe him. "Our fate is up to you." he added, lowering his head. He felt as if he was awating for his judgement, as if the leader was going to claw him pelt out and chase a crazed cat out of the territory. He would accept his fate, even if it broke his heart. The only thing keeping him in place right now was the mere hope that grousestar would believe him.

(I got no material and I'm out of sleep, so this might be short. I'll log off for a few, family stuff. Later.)
Still in thought, Grousestar glanced at Mapledash as he spoke up, confirming what he said was right. Head bobbing slowly in a nod, the brown tabby fell quiet again, growing completely still, weighing everything that could come out of this decision.
Why would this tom have traveled all of that way for nothing? Or to lead us into a trap, though that's highly unlikely considering he's showed no signs of previously knowing about Skyclan. Why would he go through all of that trouble to tell me a blatant lie and get us to come along with him? He has to be telling the truth. It may seem completely strange what he's saying, but there's truth there. You've never been one to call any cat a liar without proof, and there is no proof here that he's a liar. This cat seems absolutely genuine about what he's saying. So either he's telling the truth, or he's a very good liar.
Once more his green eyes focused on Mapledash again. An almost pained look on the leaders face.
This is such a big decision for the clan.. What if I'm wrong?
Blinking, a look of determination spread over him and he flicked his tail.
You have never doubted yourself Grousestar, nor have you doubted another cat. You are an optimist and always have been an optimist, there is no reason to have a sudden change in thought. This cat. He is telling the truth.
And almost like the flip of a switch, a bright grin curled onto his lips and he nodded his head, suddenly completely sure in his choice. He was going to help this cat and his clans, he couldn't idly sit by knowing that they were suffering under the rule of evil cats. Warriors needed Starclan, to be deprived of them would be to deprive cats of a life necessity.

"I'll help you and your clans Mapledash. I believe that you are telling the truth and that your clans need our help, I will be more than happy to provide it."

Clearing his throat, the brown tabby would rise from his nest.
"Thank you for telling me this, I will go inform the clan now that we will be traveling to the clans in one days time so that they have time to prepare themselves for the journey. You may join the clan in the clearing."

Flicking the Thunderclan warrior's shoulder with his tail, the leader would pad towards the entrance of the den, glance over his shoulder a moment, before exiting to call a clan meeting.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?

Last edited by The Cannibal; December 9th, 2016 at 06:36 PM.
Old December 10th, 2016, 12:44 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

@Duskflight

The Clan meeting and subsequent announcement from Grousestar had left Rabbitfluff confused, perplexed, even shocked--any variation of the word. Although he was skeptical of additional Clans existing in the first place, the true cause for worry was how easily the leader seemed convinced and willing to pick up the majority of the Clan, then bring them to the aid of these other Clans, despite how little they knew of the situation and the strange cats. Uneasiness had settled in in the pit of his stomach, the fear of being stranded somewhere or walking into a trap gripping the young warrior as he contemplated what this would mean for him and the rest of SkyClan. It wasn't that he wished to deny them help, but he considered this a chance at endangering their ranks with very nothing to gain from it, and he didn't comprehend Grousestar's willingness when the likelihood of it bringing more trouble than good was ever-present in his mind.

Appearing in the mouth of the den, Rabbitfluff looked a bit spooked, eyes glazed with distant anxieties that were swimming in his thoughts, so many that they were difficult to sort. He usually didn't allow anyone, including his remaining family, to witness him in such a vulnerable state, but he determined there was not a second to spare in this matter since Grousestar had elected to set off on their journey soon. Swallowing hard, Rabbitfluff dragged his focus to Grousestar and prepared to speak, but he fell silent again as the disorganization of his ideas caught up with him. "Why?" was what he rather ungracefully blurted out, not judgmental or accusatory, but simply puzzled, perhaps afraid.

Upon realizing that didn't quite make sense on its own, he amended it by quickly going on, "Grousest-- Grouse," he corrected himself, recalling his preference to be addressed informally, "I respect you and your authority as the leader of SkyClan, however I fail to see the appeal in embarking on a treacherous excursion solely to receive.. gratitude? Please don't think me uncharitable," Rabbitfluff rambled, words bleeding together, "but if there is reason for concern, who's to say we are a large enough force to handle it without major losses and frankly I don't believe it would be wise of us to interact with these other Clans when we have lived in relative isolation for countless moons--" his pace began to speed up, the panic evident in his tone, "and it has served us well, kept us safe from outside threats, andwhileIunderstandthedesiretochangethismaybearisk," he finished, taking in a much-needed breath after all that.

everything about us is going to be wonderful

Last edited by Fawn; December 10th, 2016 at 12:44 PM.
Old December 10th, 2016, 01:22 PM
Lovable Cannibal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raywood View Post
@Duskflight

The Clan meeting and subsequent announcement from Grousestar had left Rabbitfluff confused, perplexed, even shocked--any variation of the word. Although he was skeptical of additional Clans existing in the first place, the true cause for worry was how easily the leader seemed convinced and willing to pick up the majority of the Clan, then bring them to the aid of these other Clans, despite how little they knew of the situation and the strange cats. Uneasiness had settled in in the pit of his stomach, the fear of being stranded somewhere or walking into a trap gripping the young warrior as he contemplated what this would mean for him and the rest of SkyClan. It wasn't that he wished to deny them help, but he considered this a chance at endangering their ranks with very nothing to gain from it, and he didn't comprehend Grousestar's willingness when the likelihood of it bringing more trouble than good was ever-present in his mind.

Appearing in the mouth of the den, Rabbitfluff looked a bit spooked, eyes glazed with distant anxieties that were swimming in his thoughts, so many that they were difficult to sort. He usually didn't allow anyone, including his remaining family, to witness him in such a vulnerable state, but he determined there was not a second to spare in this matter since Grousestar had elected to set off on their journey soon. Swallowing hard, Rabbitfluff dragged his focus to Grousestar and prepared to speak, but he fell silent again as the disorganization of his ideas caught up with him. "Why?" was what he rather ungracefully blurted out, not judgmental or accusatory, but simply puzzled, perhaps afraid.

Upon realizing that didn't quite make sense on its own, he amended it by quickly going on, "Grousest-- Grouse," he corrected himself, recalling his preference to be addressed informally, "I respect you and your authority as the leader of SkyClan, however I fail to see the appeal in embarking on a treacherous excursion solely to receive.. gratitude? Please don't think me uncharitable," Rabbitfluff rambled, words bleeding together, "but if there is reason for concern, who's to say we are a large enough force to handle it without major losses and frankly I don't believe it would be wise of us to interact with these other Clans when we have lived in relative isolation for countless moons--" his pace began to speed up, the panic evident in his tone, "and it has served us well, kept us safe from outside threats, andwhileIunderstandthedesiretochangethismaybearisk," he finished, taking in a much-needed breath after all that.
After the meeting, the tom had retired to his den to have a much needed meal and quiet time to think and rest up before the journey he planned to commence the following day. To be truthful with himself, he hadn't expected any cat to come to his den after the meeting, he figured they'd be mulling over the information, maybe asking his deputy a few questions before going on with their duties and such, not quite expecting any to come directly to him to ask him questions. Ever since he became leader, he found that cat's had a hard time approaching him to ask him questions, no matter how friendly and cheerful and nonjudgmental he was. He couldn't explain why they did this, but he wanted cat's to know that he was just like another warrior, just like them, they they could talk to him.. That's why he preferred to be called Grouse, it was informal, he felt like it made cat's more relaxed around him, maybe made them forget he was leader, that he was just another kind cat they could easily talk to. So when he heard a voice at the entrance of the den, he looked up from his meal in surprise, finding Rabbitfluff there, not having caught his questions. "Hm?"

Immediately his emerald gaze surveyed the tailless tom's demeanor and realized that he looked rather spooked, anxious even and got the notion that this was about his order for the journey, or had something to do with what he had said on the Skyrock. Now this, this was something he expected, at least a few cat's would be looking like this and he, in the back of his mind, knew that it wasn't unlikely for Rabbitfluff to be one of those cat's. "Come in, come in Rabbitfluff, don't just stand there looking like a mouse caught by the tail." Chuckled out the tom in his usual lighthearted tone.

Though the smaller tom immediately started to blurt out the thing that was on his mind, Grousestar shutting his mouth and offering a smile as he listened to the rather light-furred tom. What the warrior was saying was exactly what his mind had nagged on about, that it was a dangerous and that they would really get nothing out of it, this was a reckless endangerment of lives and that he should turn these cat's away and go back to the relatively peaceful and solitary life they had been living. But his heart? It said otherwise.
"Slow down Rabbitfluff, you might accidentally bite your tongue speaking that fast, take a seat."
Pushing his meal a way, the brown tabby crossed his paws and waited for the other to sit down, not speaking until he had.

"I understand your fear and discomfort for my decision. But Rabbitfluff. These cat's? They need our help. I don't know about you, but I would not be able to stand myself if I sat by knowing that there were cat's needing our help, and we turned them away because I got nothing in return, or that I wanted to remain leading my life in solidarity without contact with other clan's. We don't need anything in return. I'm just fine with the satisfaction of knowing that I was able to help, that I did something and you know what? Maybe it's time for some change. Perhaps it's time for Skyclan to not live in isolation. We've lived in isolation for many, many generations, I believe it is time, if these two cat's are correct, to expose us to other clan's. It may be dangerous, but Skyclan is not made of cowards. We are made of warriors."
All the while speaking, the tom spoke slowly, confidently, all whilst smiling. He believed in his words wholeheartedly and would continue to stand by them because it is what his heart told him to do.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old December 10th, 2016, 01:54 PM
the stars are aligned

Quote:
After the meeting, the tom had retired to his den to have a much needed meal and quiet time to think and rest up before the journey he planned to commence the following day. To be truthful with himself, he hadn't expected any cat to come to his den after the meeting, he figured they'd be mulling over the information, maybe asking his deputy a few questions before going on with their duties and such, not quite expecting any to come directly to him to ask him questions. Ever since he became leader, he found that cat's had a hard time approaching him to ask him questions, no matter how friendly and cheerful and nonjudgmental he was. He couldn't explain why they did this, but he wanted cat's to know that he was just like another warrior, just like them, they they could talk to him.. That's why he preferred to be called Grouse, it was informal, he felt like it made cat's more relaxed around him, maybe made them forget he was leader, that he was just another kind cat they could easily talk to. So when he heard a voice at the entrance of the den, he looked up from his meal in surprise, finding Rabbitfluff there, not having caught his questions. "Hm?"

Immediately his emerald gaze surveyed the tailless tom's demeanor and realized that he looked rather spooked, anxious even and got the notion that this was about his order for the journey, or had something to do with what he had said on the Skyrock. Now this, this was something he expected, at least a few cat's would be looking like this and he, in the back of his mind, knew that it wasn't unlikely for Rabbitfluff to be one of those cat's. "Come in, come in Rabbitfluff, don't just stand there looking like a mouse caught by the tail." Chuckled out the tom in his usual lighthearted tone.

Though the smaller tom immediately started to blurt out the thing that was on his mind, Grousestar shutting his mouth and offering a smile as he listened to the rather light-furred tom. What the warrior was saying was exactly what his mind had nagged on about, that it was a dangerous and that they would really get nothing out of it, this was a reckless endangerment of lives and that he should turn these cat's away and go back to the relatively peaceful and solitary life they had been living. But his heart? It said otherwise.
"Slow down Rabbitfluff, you might accidentally bite your tongue speaking that fast, take a seat."
Pushing his meal a way, the brown tabby crossed his paws and waited for the other to sit down, not speaking until he had.

"I understand your fear and discomfort for my decision. But Rabbitfluff. These cat's? They need our help. I don't know about you, but I would not be able to stand myself if I sat by knowing that there were cat's needing our help, and we turned them away because I got nothing in return, or that I wanted to remain leading my life in solidarity without contact with other clan's. We don't need anything in return. I'm just fine with the satisfaction of knowing that I was able to help, that I did something and you know what? Maybe it's time for some change. Perhaps it's time for Skyclan to not live in isolation. We've lived in isolation for many, many generations, I believe it is time, if these two cat's are correct, to expose us to other clan's. It may be dangerous, but Skyclan is not made of cowards. We are made of warriors."
All the while speaking, the tom spoke slowly, confidently, all whilst smiling. He believed in his words wholeheartedly and would continue to stand by them because it is what his heart told him to do.
When he was invited into the den, Rabbitfluff hesitated, peering over his shoulder at the rest of the clearing to ensure no one had spotted him, as he surely didn't want rumors spreading in reference to his visit to Grousestar. This was strictly business when he had concerns to voice, ones he imagined Grousestar had already weighed in his decision to go along with the strangers, yet he was wondering why the leader opted to push them aside in favor of helping them. Although he liked to envision he was, he recognized that he wasn't the most intelligent member of SkyClan and therefore was open to the possibility that Grousestar had identified something worthwhile in the conquest to free the Clans of the evil that gripped them, if there were Clans at all. Determining that nobody was acting as a witness, Rabbitfluff stepped inside a few paces but didn't shuffle too far, offering an explanation, "I don't plan on staying long." He doubted Grousestar would be changing his mind anytime soon, nor did he believe either of them would make strides of progress by talking at length; this was to be a brief conversation, a voicing of fears about the future.

Meanwhile, he wasn't sure what to think of Grousestar, who seemed perfectly content this evening with no regard for the huge journey ahead of them. Depending on the danger they might encounter, that alone could be what ended the majority of SkyClan, or worse, the travelers would go missing and never heard from again. "Please understand," his meow wavered slightly with emotion before he cleared his throat, removing the lingering trace of self-consciousness, "as a warrior who has lost over half his family, this is difficult for me," a pause, something in his tone softening, "and I can imagine it is difficult for you as well." Not only did Grousestar had the safety of the entire Clan in his paws, but he was basing this off of two personal stories. The bright side of it was that he didn't have a lot to lose, serving as a double-edged sword--he had to protect what little he had left, which was his sister (who he regretfully didn't know well) and the Clan that'd been here for him since he was a kit. Both of those were at stake and he knew he'd have to learn to accept that, yet it was a terribly painful thing to acknowledge.

"Alright," Rabbitfluff started with a hint of a sigh clinging, "I suppose that's fair. We don't need any form of reciprocation from them, but with that said, this could result in neutrality or a complete disaster, should the stranger be dishonest or trying to trick us or lead us into a trap." He didn't see where the positive could lie because they would gain nothing, or they would face negative consequences. Flicking his gaze to Grousestar's, the tremble returned, "You care about your clanmates, you've said it yourself and prove it everyday." And with that said, he was certain Grousestar wouldn't intentionally expose them to threats, but it was an immensely brave risk to take when there was so much that could twist it into misfortune. Living in isolation had served them well, but he guessed he couldn't comment on that aspect when he hadn't the experience to claim it would be a foolish move, not having resided anywhere else.

Shame nagged at him, and he lowered his eyes. "I recognize we're not cowards, collectively speaking." It was tempting to remain behind and forfeit his place on the journey, since he wasn't confident his presence would aid them; in fact, it could do the opposite. Guarding the camp wasn't appealing, but he wondered if it would be better than the alternative.

Old December 10th, 2016, 06:13 PM
Lovable Cannibal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raywood View Post

When he was invited into the den, Rabbitfluff hesitated, peering over his shoulder at the rest of the clearing to ensure no one had spotted him, as he surely didn't want rumors spreading in reference to his visit to Grousestar. This was strictly business when he had concerns to voice, ones he imagined Grousestar had already weighed in his decision to go along with the strangers, yet he was wondering why the leader opted to push them aside in favor of helping them. Although he liked to envision he was, he recognized that he wasn't the most intelligent member of SkyClan and therefore was open to the possibility that Grousestar had identified something worthwhile in the conquest to free the Clans of the evil that gripped them, if there were Clans at all. Determining that nobody was acting as a witness, Rabbitfluff stepped inside a few paces but didn't shuffle too far, offering an explanation, "I don't plan on staying long." He doubted Grousestar would be changing his mind anytime soon, nor did he believe either of them would make strides of progress by talking at length; this was to be a brief conversation, a voicing of fears about the future.

Meanwhile, he wasn't sure what to think of Grousestar, who seemed perfectly content this evening with no regard for the huge journey ahead of them. Depending on the danger they might encounter, that alone could be what ended the majority of SkyClan, or worse, the travelers would go missing and never heard from again. "Please understand," his meow wavered slightly with emotion before he cleared his throat, removing the lingering trace of self-consciousness, "as a warrior who has lost over half his family, this is difficult for me," a pause, something in his tone softening, "and I can imagine it is difficult for you as well." Not only did Grousestar had the safety of the entire Clan in his paws, but he was basing this off of two personal stories. The bright side of it was that he didn't have a lot to lose, serving as a double-edged sword--he had to protect what little he had left, which was his sister (who he regretfully didn't know well) and the Clan that'd been here for him since he was a kit. Both of those were at stake and he knew he'd have to learn to accept that, yet it was a terribly painful thing to acknowledge.

"Alright," Rabbitfluff started with a hint of a sigh clinging, "I suppose that's fair. We don't need any form of reciprocation from them, but with that said, this could result in neutrality or a complete disaster, should the stranger be dishonest or trying to trick us or lead us into a trap." He didn't see where the positive could lie because they would gain nothing, or they would face negative consequences. Flicking his gaze to Grousestar's, the tremble returned, "You care about your clanmates, you've said it yourself and prove it everyday." And with that said, he was certain Grousestar wouldn't intentionally expose them to threats, but it was an immensely brave risk to take when there was so much that could twist it into misfortune. Living in isolation had served them well, but he guessed he couldn't comment on that aspect when he hadn't the experience to claim it would be a foolish move, not having resided anywhere else.

Shame nagged at him, and he lowered his eyes. "I recognize we're not cowards, collectively speaking." It was tempting to remain behind and forfeit his place on the journey, since he wasn't confident his presence would aid them; in fact, it could do the opposite. Guarding the camp wasn't appealing, but he wondered if it would be better than the alternative.
Green eyes filling with a bit of confusion as he saw that Rabbitfluff was hesitating to come into his den, he again thought back to the idea that cat's treat him different now that he was leader. The tom wasn't nervous to speak to him, just because he was a leader right? He certainly hoped not, he wanted his warriors to be as open as possible to him, not nervous to speak to him because he held the title of 'leader'. Perhaps it was something else, Rabbitfluff didn't seem like the type of cat that would shy away from speaking to a cat of higher rank, but the thought was still in his brain.
At hearing that the warrior wouldn't be staying long, he simply dipped his head, respecting that he likely wished to be doing something else rather than speaking to him. "I understand, but please make yourself comfortable while you're here." Lifting his head now, he would curl his tail close to his side, ready to continue on with the conversation.

Despite what cat's may think, Grousestar wasn't an open book, he didn't freely express his emotions like other cat's might believe. Yes, he is always happy, cheerful, polite, but those were not the only emotions this cat could feel. Just because he didn't show fear, nervousness, apprehension, outwardly, did not mean that he didn't feel them, he just knew that, as a leader, you must keep a mask for the better of a clan. If he went around showing that he was scared that this journey might be right, if he showed any hint of doubt, then the cat's of the clan would notice and would immediately feel doubtful as well.
Grouse believed that they would pull through this on top, but that did not mean that he wasn't worried about the journey.
Ears perking up as Rabbitfluff spoke, he maintained a smile as he politely listened to him, nodding his head in understanding. "I understand your fear Rabbitfluff, trust me I do. You're more than welcome to stay in the camp if you wish, it will be safer here." His tone was as soft as ever as he spoke to the warrior and the look in his eyes carried a deep tone of understanding. "I have lost much of my family as well, including one of my most dearest of friends, so I know that fear of losing even more, I understand it, and no one would blame you if you wanted to stay here in camp."

Flicking the tip of his tail as the conversation moved on, he nodded his head and glanced away momentarily at what Rabbitfluff brought up next. And for a second, Grousestar had nothing to say. It was chipping at his confidence a bit, but he forced it away. He couldn't doubt himself, not with the journey tomorrow. He needed to be confident in his choice for the clan. "They are telling the truth. I can feel it and I can see it. And I think you forget Rabbitfluff, if we save these cat's and restore order to their clans.. They will be our allies. Should we ever need assistance for some reason, they could be there for us. While I don't particularly like to think about it, these cat's.. They would be in our debt. So in a way, there is a 'prize' in doing this if you may call it that. If that eases your mind any."
That was one thing that Grousestar hated, doing something good for another cat and holding it over their head, waiting for payback, but he's recognized that many cat's like to do this. A reward for their good deeds, and if that helps to calm the nerves of some of his warriors about his decision, he would mention it. But never would he do that to the clans. He didn't want them in his debt, he simply wanted to help, he didn't want them repaying their 'debt' to him.

"No, we're not, not you, not me, not any warrior, apprentice, queen, kit or elder. So again, if it would calm your nerves any, you have the opportunity to stay back and guard the camp. That will not make you a coward, I promise you. If anything, it takes guts to chose that rather than going off into battle. Heck, maybe I'll even put you in charge of the camp while we're gone." Purred out the tom, his meal getting colder the longer he spoke.

Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old December 12th, 2016, 07:08 PM
the stars are aligned

Quote:
Green eyes filling with a bit of confusion as he saw that Rabbitfluff was hesitating to come into his den, he again thought back to the idea that cat's treat him different now that he was leader. The tom wasn't nervous to speak to him, just because he was a leader right? He certainly hoped not, he wanted his warriors to be as open as possible to him, not nervous to speak to him because he held the title of 'leader'. Perhaps it was something else, Rabbitfluff didn't seem like the type of cat that would shy away from speaking to a cat of higher rank, but the thought was still in his brain.
At hearing that the warrior wouldn't be staying long, he simply dipped his head, respecting that he likely wished to be doing something else rather than speaking to him. "I understand, but please make yourself comfortable while you're here." Lifting his head now, he would curl his tail close to his side, ready to continue on with the conversation.

Despite what cat's may think, Grousestar wasn't an open book, he didn't freely express his emotions like other cat's might believe. Yes, he is always happy, cheerful, polite, but those were not the only emotions this cat could feel. Just because he didn't show fear, nervousness, apprehension, outwardly, did not mean that he didn't feel them, he just knew that, as a leader, you must keep a mask for the better of a clan. If he went around showing that he was scared that this journey might be right, if he showed any hint of doubt, then the cat's of the clan would notice and would immediately feel doubtful as well.
Grouse believed that they would pull through this on top, but that did not mean that he wasn't worried about the journey.
Ears perking up as Rabbitfluff spoke, he maintained a smile as he politely listened to him, nodding his head in understanding. "I understand your fear Rabbitfluff, trust me I do. You're more than welcome to stay in the camp if you wish, it will be safer here." His tone was as soft as ever as he spoke to the warrior and the look in his eyes carried a deep tone of understanding. "I have lost much of my family as well, including one of my most dearest of friends, so I know that fear of losing even more, I understand it, and no one would blame you if you wanted to stay here in camp."

Flicking the tip of his tail as the conversation moved on, he nodded his head and glanced away momentarily at what Rabbitfluff brought up next. And for a second, Grousestar had nothing to say. It was chipping at his confidence a bit, but he forced it away. He couldn't doubt himself, not with the journey tomorrow. He needed to be confident in his choice for the clan. "They are telling the truth. I can feel it and I can see it. And I think you forget Rabbitfluff, if we save these cat's and restore order to their clans.. They will be our allies. Should we ever need assistance for some reason, they could be there for us. While I don't particularly like to think about it, these cat's.. They would be in our debt. So in a way, there is a 'prize' in doing this if you may call it that. If that eases your mind any."
That was one thing that Grousestar hated, doing something good for another cat and holding it over their head, waiting for payback, but he's recognized that many cat's like to do this. A reward for their good deeds, and if that helps to calm the nerves of some of his warriors about his decision, he would mention it. But never would he do that to the clans. He didn't want them in his debt, he simply wanted to help, he didn't want them repaying their 'debt' to him.

"No, we're not, not you, not me, not any warrior, apprentice, queen, kit or elder. So again, if it would calm your nerves any, you have the opportunity to stay back and guard the camp. That will not make you a coward, I promise you. If anything, it takes guts to chose that rather than going off into battle. Heck, maybe I'll even put you in charge of the camp while we're gone." Purred out the tom, his meal getting colder the longer he spoke.
Although he wasn't opposed to lingering in the leader's presence, but he didn't think it would be very polite to bother Grousestar over extremely trivial matters, ones that wouldn't make a difference when the sunshine splashed across SkyClan's camp tomorrow; by then, the plan would already be in motion and whatever resulted from it would simply be. He still didn't expect to change Grousestar's opinion by the end of this conversation but hoped he managed to voice something of value to him in hopes they would proceed with caution on their journey.

"Will it?" he meowed indecisively, questioning the logic but understanding where Grousestar was coming from. "While I don't have a solid grasp on who will be staying and who will be leaving, the camp would hardly be securing if it is nobody but myself and a few other warriors. It would be a decent opportunity for loners, rogues, or..other ..undesirables, to launch and attack." On one side, at least a battle within camp would be familiar on some level, whereas dangers they encountered on the journey could take them by surprise.

It wasn't that Rabbitfluff felt shy around authority, but it was the nature of his visit that held him back; there was a careful boundary between expressing his worries and insulting Grousestar's intelligence, the latter being what he wanted to avoid for the moment (there was a time and a place, and this wasn't it.) Despite the tom's outward obliviousness and cheerful attitude that never appeared to waver, he didn't question his mental capabilities and apparently, StarClan didn't either when they decided he was the one fit to be leader. On the topic, Rabbitfluff inquired, "Has StarClan spoke to you or Ebonypaw recently?" He wouldn't press for an answer, aware certain pieces of information were better omitted when he didn't have the same connection to their ancestors as a leader and a medicine cat did. Returning to what Grousestar offered, the young warrior finally shrugged his shoulders, feeling trapped and defeated by the choiceless choice that was handed to him on a silver platter. Stay and be in danger, or leave and be in danger. There was no right decision, and it seemed to be luck and chance. "I've not determined what I'd prefer to do, though I continue to fear I'd struggle to pull my weight." With that in mind, perhaps he'd decline on traveling.

With not much else to say on the issue since Grousestar had already drawn the conclusion they were telling him the truth, Rabbitfluff opted to let that go since he supposed he would have to put faith in his judgment until proven it was faulty. It was true he hadn't led SkyClan astray before, but then again, he hadn't been leader for more than a moon. "I don't know them well, I must confess," he meowed after a pause, "so I don't have enough experience with them to beg to differ." The thought of allies was appealing, sort of, his hesitance stemming from the geographical barriers. "These allies would be quite far away, and.. with this alone as an indication, we will be coming to their aid far more than what they will have to come to ours." It was a neutral statement, and he didn't mean anything by it aside from pointing out the nature of the impending relationship. "Or if we do relocate closer to them..." he trailed off, shaking his head. That would usher in a new age of problems that they could face when or if it happened.

Fur fluffing in alarm, his reply was a short, stern, and semi-panicked, "No." Being in charge of those who didn't travel would prove to be an impossible and stress-inducing task, and he didn't want to be responsible. Clearing his throat once more, Rabbitfluff elaborated, "I believe you could appoint someone better qualified than me, but I appreciate the gesture." It would be the perfect job for Auroraflame, being the deputy, but he would understand if Grousestar would rather have her company on the journey than forcing her to stay behind.

Old January 1st, 2017, 04:17 PM
Lovable Cannibal

@Lunacross

With a rather scrawny in tow, the current leader of Skyclan pushed his way into his new den, he had done great work in making the originally cold, vacant place a really warm and comfortable one that he enjoys coming into and even enjoys others coming in to join him with his meal.
But today, no cat was joining him for dinner, not that he didn't mind it, he was far from lonely. If anything, it gave him some nice quiet time to think over what he's decided for his clan. Ever since he was forced to step up and take Lemonstar's position as leader, he's had to make several very large decisions in such a short time and has hardly had the time to really sit down and think about what he's done. At the time he had to make decisions, they felt rushed and he could only go with his gut instinct and just had to pray that Starclan was guiding him and so far, it seemed that those choices had been correct. Or so he thinks so anyways, it seems that way. He hadn't lost too many warriors during the liberation, he had only lost one life {albeit it was sooner than he had expected}, and they had managed to drive out all of the dark forest worshiping cats and "save" the clans, that's how he wanted to see it. He didn't want to see it as them coming in out of the blue, running up and destroying their leaders and leaving the clans to fend for themselves afterwards, leave them to elect new leaders and just move on with their lives.

As he settled into his nest, he placed the squirrel between his paws, dipped his head, closed his eyes and muttered his thanks to his ancestors for the meal before happily beginning to dig in.
He was sure he made the right decision in liberating the clans, there was no question about that, he had assured himself as soon as he liberated the last one, the only cats that had hated Skyclan coming in were the ones being driven out meaning that, well, obviously it was the correct choice.
What was worrying him thought was moving his entire clan. Had he made the correct decision in doing that? They had come out of their safety and was now living with four other clans, for what? Just because he knew they lived here? This was a whole new territory and while the forest did sort of resemble Skyclan territory, they were not in the mountains, there were not boulders and rocks everywhere, this was just forest. And besides, what if the other four clans decide that after a while, they are sick of Skyclan's presence near their homes which they've lived in for probably many many generations, just as Skyclan had lived in isolation for many many generations. What then?
These thoughts crossed the toms mind, but even though they were doubtful, he was still optimistic, he was positive that they could pull through this even if it wasn't the right choice. He still wore a smile on his face because even doubt in his decisions couldn't take his happiness away because he was in charge of the clan he loved. He was surrounded by cats that he cared for more than his own life, cats that he would die for on any given day just to make sure they were safe. Because that. Was Grousestar.

Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old January 1st, 2017, 11:38 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

@Duskflight

Discomfort pricked Aconiteheart's pelt as he slipped into the den. With the change in camp and territory locations, the entity found himself getting lost more often than naught. The transition was hard on the earthbound tom, struggling to adapt to unfamiliar territory and the loss of his knowledge on precious herb locations. It was a feeling similar to when DuskClan and DawnClan were forced to move, driven out by the fiery wrath of StarClan. He could still hear the phantom crackling of flames as they fled their forest home, the stench of smoke and death clinging to the air. The thought was unsettling.

Pausing in place, Aconiteheart gazed at the tabby form of Grousestar. They had met once before, albeit brief, when he escorted Grousestar and Rabbitfluff to the Whispering Cave. At the time Aconiteheart had been preoccupied with other matters, and he'd been in a hurry to get back to his duties. Now that he was free beyond Ebonypaw, however .. he didn't mind hanging around. For the moment, Grousestar seemed to be distracted by the combination of eating and thought, and Aconite took a seat across from the younger tom. He could wait for the leader to finish. Patience was a valuable virtue.

Last edited by BEAR.; January 1st, 2017 at 11:39 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2017, 07:29 PM
Lovable Cannibal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacross View Post
@Duskflight

Discomfort pricked Aconiteheart's pelt as he slipped into the den. With the change in camp and territory locations, the entity found himself getting lost more often than naught. The transition was hard on the earthbound tom, struggling to adapt to unfamiliar territory and the loss of his knowledge on precious herb locations. It was a feeling similar to when DuskClan and DawnClan were forced to move, driven out by the fiery wrath of StarClan. He could still hear the phantom crackling of flames as they fled their forest home, the stench of smoke and death clinging to the air. The thought was unsettling.

Pausing in place, Aconiteheart gazed at the tabby form of Grousestar. They had met once before, albeit brief, when he escorted Grousestar and Rabbitfluff to the Whispering Cave. At the time Aconiteheart had been preoccupied with other matters, and he'd been in a hurry to get back to his duties. Now that he was free beyond Ebonypaw, however .. he didn't mind hanging around. For the moment, Grousestar seemed to be distracted by the combination of eating and thought, and Aconite took a seat across from the younger tom. He could wait for the leader to finish. Patience was a valuable virtue.
Considering that the other cat was merely just a spirit, the tabby picked up no sound when he padded into his den, though he did catch a slight whiff of a vaguely familiar scent, though couldn't put a name to it and simply dismissed it as a smell coming from somewhere in the camp, after all, there were many cats in Skyclan. That's one thing Grousestar found out when he became leader, just how many cats that were in this clan, he just simply hadn't realized it when he was a warrior, and really, as a deputy he felt much too busy to really realize it at that time. But the amount of cats was no problem for him, he liked other cats in general and liked to think of every one of them as a friend that has yet to have been formerly met, though he did try to speak to others as often as possible, asking how they were doing, making sure everything was okay because he felt like as a leader, that he should be responsible for every cat's well being, not just the general populous.
Crunching through the squirrel, it didn't take very long for the tom to finish it, the fur neatly placed in a pile and the bones placed in a separate one that he would take out to bury at a different time, for at the moment, he didn't quite feel like getting back up. He was exhausted.

After a breathy sigh, the leader blinked a bit, letting go of his thoughts for now and clearing his vision to find that he was staring at his paws. Flicking an ear slightly, he licked them a bit and went to lay his head on them before stopping, his eyes falling on Aconiteheart who was seated right before him, a surprised look crossing his face.
I didn't hear him come in! Oh- Well duh, he's a bit see-through, he's a Starclan cat... That looks familiar.. Slowly lifting his head back up, Grousestar didn't quite say anything yet, still trying to piece together who this other cat was.
I don't know very many Starclan cats, so I don't have many to chose from.. A look of realization struck his face. That's the cat that escorted me and Rabbit to receive my nine lives! Oh jeez, what's his name again..?
"Oh, hello there! I haven't kept to waiting have I? If so I apologize, this is the only time I really get to be with my thoughts." Immediately his usual smile sprouted onto his lips as he gazed at the spirit, tucking his tail close to his side and allowing the usual friendly glimmer to appear in his eyes.
I think it was something along the lines of Aconiteheart..

Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?