Today 03:40 AM

Old April 17th, 2017, 03:17 PM
Contact me via Discord

My Mood: Queenly

Default Darkness Falls in WCO

Darkness in WCO falls once more...
☽☠☾
Round 1 is accepting.

"Oh dear, oh dear... Things just keep getting scarier and scarier! Oh - I'm sorry! I'm Serenity, the mayor here in New-New WCO. The old WCO, are, um a long story. Anyway - not to scare you or anything - but we think a clan of werecats has moved somewhere nearby! And cats have been disappearing in the middle of the night, those darn werecats are picking off cats to join their pack! Oh, this is so terrible. New-New WCO is known for being a tourist destination, not a tourist death trap! Don't worry, though, you're just one townsperson among many... I'm sure you'll be fine... Right?"

GAME NEWS

☽ Day One ☾
Arc has disappeared! @Strobelight
Moonbeam was banished! @Mousy
☽ Day Two ☾
Stellargaze has disappeared! @xxJaggededgexx
☽ Day Three ☾

☽ Day Four ☾

☽ Day Five ☾

☽ Day Six ☾

☽ Day Seven ☾

Townsfolk left: 9

PLOT
You are one of many townsfolk in New-New WCO. As Mayor Serenity has told you, a pack of werecats have moved into the area and are picking off townsfolk one by one. However, the werecats look like normal cats in the daytime, so it is the job of the townsfolk to find out which of them are the werecats, and banish them from the town for good. The friendly (and not so friendly) NPCs of the town will leave clues and riddles for you to solve that will help you root out the werewolves. Be careful, though, not all of them are trustworthy...

HOW TO PLAY
The werecats can make one cat disappear each night. In the morning, there will be clues left around the town. It is up to you and the other townsfolk (who might possibly be werecats in disguise!) to figure out what happened and who is responsible.

THE GOAL OF THE TOWNSFOLK IS:
To chase the were at clan away.

THE GOAL OF THE WERECATS IS:
To make all of the townsfolk disappear one by one without getting caught.

Everyone discusses who might be the werecat(ves) throughout the game. Each day the townsfolk may vote on which werecat suspect to banish that night from the game. One day in-game lasts from 12:00 am Mountain time to 11:59 pm Mountain time - daily votes may be posted any time during that window but most be posted in bold. The cat with the most votes is banished into the forest at the end of the day, thus eliminating them from the game.

THE GAME ENDS WHEN:
Either all of the townsfolk have disappeared or all of the werecats have been banished or caught.

Then, the game starts over with new players.

RULES

1. Follow all WCO Rules. This includes no cursing, excessive gore, or violence.

2. Whatever happens, always listen to the current Mayor in charge.

3. While this is a somewhat roleplay-based game, do NOT roleplay "off topic" - your cats are not here to overcome their traumatic past or start a family, they are here to solve a werecat mystery!

4. You need to post to play once every day, this game goes by very fast. If after 2 days you are inactive, it is assumed your cat has run off into the woods to join the werecats themselves (you will not be allowed to rejoin that round). I can excuse absences for up to 2 days but no more. If the werecats fail to decide on their action for 2 nights in a row, they forfeit the game and the townsfolk win.

5. In order for the werecats to chat together, Darkness Falls in WCO uses PM.

6. 1-3 sentences of your cat wandering around New-New WCO and talking with other cats will do. Copious amounts of description or dialouge are not encouraged. In fact, simply posting a line or two of dialogue will suffice enough - it does not take a whole lot of writing to play the game. Although you are expected to not use text talk.

7. Players cannot make clues up. Your cat can say, "That tuft of brown fur Mayor Serenity showed us sure does look like Mister Apollo's! Maybe he did it?" and discuss theories (the more extensive the theories, the better). Occasionally, the mayor might drop more clues for your cat to find, and they will be allowed to ask the NPCs questions.

8. Players are not allowed to tell others what their role is. The only public role is Cop so it is not a secret. Discussing theories is fine, but blatantly stating "I am a cat/the PI (or any other role)" is not allowed. Acting suspicious of being a certain role is fine since this is a game of deceit. If you do spill the beans you will be eliminated from the game and not be allowed to return for later rounds. When players are eliminated from the game, they won't be told who the werecats are, either. Whenever the mayor is active, they'll be the only role confirming NPCs. While they can confirm if a role is still in the game, it will not be stated who that person is. Cooper's riddles are the only way to find out which role belongs to who, but it will never be blatantly stated.

9. Non-players (banished/disappeared included) are not allowed to discuss clues or theories on the thread until the current round is over.

10. Please do not hog up the questions in one post. The NPCs are there to help, but not to be a complete crutch. This game is about your cats’ thinking about this mystery. I want you guys to be the main game players. Additionally, having an NPC answer a question requires 2 or more cats agreeing on the questions to ask. If an NPC question is not asked in bold, it will not be answered.

11. Lastly, your account must have had at least 2 weeks active join and the cat you enter must have at least one accessory. Don't forget to have fun!

ROLES OF THE GAME
A role is a type of playing mechanic that gives your character certain powers within the game. You will not know what role you have been given until the game starts. Because all of the roles except Cop are secret, giving away your identity is strictly forbidden.

THE ADMIN TEAM
@Splashie @Serendipity

The admin team keeps the game running and play as NPCs. If you have any concerns or questions, they should be directed to us! You can call us the Leader Werecats or Godfathers. Occasionally the admin team may cycle in and out members. Only admins may leave clues so pay attention to what they say as NPCs!

THE WERECATS
The werecats get to decide on one turn a night. They can choose to either make a player disappear overnight or wait a turn. They are encouraged to lie to others and pretend to be a part of the townsfolk in order to stay hidden. Among the werecats is a player called the Fake Townie, described below.

The werecats have a secret lair over PM where they discuss all of their suspicious activity.

THE FAKE TOWNIE
The Fake Townie (FT) is a werecat-aligned role, however the identity is unknown to the player that it has been assigned. Any clues left by the FT werewolf will turn up false if checked if it is a genuine werewolf clue. The identity of the FT can be determined through NPCs such as riddles from Harrison and clue checking by various NPCs. FT clues can be obtained from the werewolves or a Sigmund swap. If this player is checked by the cop, they will be confirmed to be a townsfolk.

THE TOWNSFOLK
As a whole, all the players in the game are considered "townsfolk" until proven otherwise. Each member of the townsfolk can place one vote a day to banish another member of the townsfolk from the game; the result from the voting will be posted in the morning. They are allowed to openly discuss their theories and what they think or want to do on the thread - because of this they are encouraged to work together and share any ideas or theories they have. It is their job to Scooby Doo their way into finding out who is a werecat and who is not! Some of the townsfolk (but not all), may have different roles and abilities, listed below. Among the townsfolk is also the black sheep, which is described below.

THE SCAPEGOAT
The Scapegoat is a townsfolk aligned-role, however the identity is unknown to the player that it has been assigned. Any clues left by the Scapegoat will turn up true when checked if it is a genuine werecat clue. The identity of the Scapegoat can be determined through NPCs such as riddles from Cooper and clue checking by various NPCs. Scapegoat clues can be obtained from a Karison swap. If this player is checked by the cop, they will be confirmed to be a werecat.

THE DOCTOR
The Doctor may protect one cat every night. Whomever the doctor chooses is protected from being followed by the Private Eye, being staged, or disappearing. This does not include banishment, for the doctor cannot protect against being voted out. The Doctor is protected from disappearing the first night of the game; while the doctor can protect themselves, they cannot protect the same person twice in a row.

This role is secret. Whomever the doctor chooses to protect must be PMed to Serendipity.

THE COP
The Cop is the only public role in the game. They are allowed to ask the admins one question each night: either if a clue left in any of the previous days is legitimate, or if a player if a part of the werecats. This information may be shared with all the other players on the thread. Because of this the Cop is protected from disappearing the first night of the game.

Whatever question the Cop wants answered can be PMed to anyone on the admin team.

THE VIGILANTE
The vigilante is allowed to make one cat disappear each night. This is a townsfolk-aligned role: the vigilante is trying to remove who they think is a werecat from the game and protect the town. This role is a secret.

The name of the victim the vigilante chooses each night must be PMed to Serendipity.

THE ROLEBLOCKER
The Roleblocker is also a townsfolk-aligned role. The roleblocker may chose one cat every night to "block" - if the cat they chose had a role, it will not be fulfilled the following morning. If the roleblocker chooses to block the doctor, the person the doctor protected will not be protected. If the roleblocker chooses to block a werecat, the whole werecat clan is blocked and they do not get to fulfill their turn. They may not block the same person twice in a row.

THE PRIVATE EYE
The Private Eye (Private investigator or PI for short) is a towns-folk aligned role. The PI gets to follow one cat every night and see who that person targeted - not the action! If the PI follows the doctor, they will get the name of the person that the doctor protected (not that the doctor chose to protect them). If the PI follows a werecat, they will see the name of the person the werecats targeted that night (not if they were targeted by the werecats). If the PI follows someone without a role (or the joker or someone who has been roleblocked) they will not get a name (no result).

This role is a secret. When the Private Eye chooses to follow someone, they must PM their choice to Serendipity.

THE JOKER
The Joker is a wildcard role, meaning that they are aligned with neither the townsfolk nor the werecats. The goal of the joker is to leave fake clues confusing everybody and muddling things up. The Joker is considered a third party in the fact that they can win the game if the game comes down to two players: them (the joker) and one townsfolk left. The clues the joker leaves MUST come from cats that are currently alive in the game. They may be in the form of accesories, fur, etc.

This role is a secret. The Joker is responsible for PMing what clues they want left and where to Serendipity.

NPCs
NPC stands for 'Non Playable Character'. The NPCs leave clues and are only played by the admin team:
@Serendipity

SERENITY, THE MAYOR

Serenity always seems to know what's what in WCO, so her hints are always reliable. Unlike the other residents, Serenity is pretty straightforward. You may ask her one question every day.

COOPER, THE WITCH DOCTOR

Cooper is a little spooky but always has reliable clues. He always talks in rhymes and riddles which makes him difficult to understand. Riddles he gives can be about any roled character in the game (werecats, private eye, cop, joker, etc). You can ask him for one riddle per day, and one other question per day.

NILIOX, THE WERECAT EXPERT

Niliox is the werecat expert. Being one of the famous werecats to have never been caught and voted off, she knows everything there is to know about werecats since she is one herself. You can ask Niliox a question about a clue about something, and she will tell you if it is a clue or not. If it is a correct clue to a werecat, she will tell you either a fur colour or accessory the werewolf possesses. You may ask her one question every day.

ROSA RAVENE, THE ALCHEMIST

Rosa Ravene is the alchemist; and one of the best around. After Scientist Canuka decided to take a vacation from WCO, Rosa stepped in to take her place. She is able to authenticate a clue, but the players must sacrifice an "untouched" clue to her cauldron. The sacrificial clue can't have been looked at by any of the other NPCs. Once an untouched clue is sacrificed, that clue becomes null and no other NPCs can look at it. You may ask her to look at 2 clues every day.

SIGMUND SANSBURY, THE WERECAT RESEARCHER
7617397.png?m=1488383802

Dr Sigmund Sansbury is taking a break from his usual day job to look into the periodical werecat events plaguing New-New WCO. During his independent research, he has come across what he believes are clues related to these incidents. He is willing to trade one of his own samples for a single clue (anything except for pawprints) that was found by the town once a day. Clues received from Sigmund can come from any individual and may be useful in investigating both townsfolk roles and werecats. Occasionally, he may remark on the given clue, though his comments may range from being helpful to pure nonsense.

ELAINE, THE FOREST FAIRY
link bc image is huge
Elaine is the Fairy Forest princess. She is very powerful with her magic and can confirm if certain roles are still in town. Since this takes so much magic, though, you can only verify one role per day.

PLAYERS
All the townsfolk of the current round. Players will not be removed once they are banished or disappear.
1. Image too Large
Moonbeam @Mousy
Smoke @Shadomaru
(Bandanna around neck)
Stone @winter
Wildmoon @Brambleflight
Stellargaze @xxJaggededgexx
Moon @Spottedheart
Canary @Cherry Cola
Starlight @Hollystorm4eva
9. Image Too Large
Arc @Strobelight
10. Image Too Large
Didi @Serendipity

HOW TO JOIN

Simply post "I want to find those werecats!" along with the name and link of the cat you wish to enter.

Round 1 is bot accepting.

PREVIOUS ROUNDS
Round 0 - PG 1 - 10
Round 1 - PG 11 - ??

Last edited by Crumbleless; May 3rd, 2017 at 08:11 AM.
Old April 17th, 2017, 03:30 PM

My Mood: Sleepy
Default Re: Darkness Falls in WCO

((Wowza that a lot of stuff to read, now my eyes hurt...))
I shall conquer those filth-ridden maggot werecats!

Mistwhisper

((It's a character that is a kit right now but I don't have any warriors that I want to play with...))
Old April 17th, 2017, 04:39 PM
Contact me via Discord

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKShift View Post
((Wowza that a lot of stuff to read, now my eyes hurt...))
I shall conquer those filth-ridden maggot werecats!

Mistwhisper

((It's a character that is a kit right now but I don't have any warriors that I want to play with...))
That's ok! I'm just grateful at least one person joined.

Clickity Clackity
Old April 17th, 2017, 06:59 PM
mapless wanderer

I shall vanquish thine dreadful and evil vermin so cruel and known as werecats! For Narniaaaa!!

[Dunedrift]
got wrecked by starless nights
but let my heart be wrecked by hurricanes
and my ship by stormy weather
i know i am a hero
and a hero is forever
Old April 17th, 2017, 07:09 PM
20 y/o grill dad

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Yeehaw

Old April 17th, 2017, 07:38 PM
the skeleton girl

My Mood: Mysterious

I want to find those werecats!

sparrow (cant do what others can lol and I need to work on his page yet)

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...6a/Redtail.png only with a bandage over his front right paw

profile pic is not owned by me.
Old April 17th, 2017, 07:39 PM
it be like that sometimes

My Mood: Unpredictable

Enjoy the good times <3 because something terrible is probably about to happen

Old April 17th, 2017, 07:44 PM
The lone mouse

My Mood: Relaxed

I want to get those Werecats!
Mouseheart
Hi! If you ever need someone to talk to or anything, you can always come to me! I'll always try to respond. If your ever afraid to say your opinion, just remember, there was someone who said "Let's make a movie about a tornado.. Full of sharks.

NYEH!

Charries~
Old April 17th, 2017, 07:45 PM
I shall be very inactive

My Mood: Amazed

@Serendipity I want to find those werecats!!!!!!
My cat:
Name: Flame
Looks:http://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp...6880b__700.jpg

Come check out my forum game!

Last edited by Tigress; April 17th, 2017 at 07:46 PM.
Old April 17th, 2017, 08:12 PM
the skeleton girl

My Mood: Mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollystorm4eva View Post
@Serendipity I want to find those werecats!!!!!!
My cat:
Name: Flame
Looks:http://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp...6880b__700.jpg
Flame is so cute!!!

profile pic is not owned by me.