Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!

Need a helping hand? Check out this thread for info on how to get some egg hunt hints!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
"I've Seen Fire, and I've...
by blxze.
Last post by hermeswind
Today 06:00 AM
Picture sizes
by blxze.
Last post by blxze.
Today 05:52 AM
Cattail Pond
by BEAR.
Last post by BEAR.
Today 05:30 AM
Velli's Pop-Up Egg Hint...
Last post by blxze.
Today 04:52 AM
Our Little Warriors:...
by blxze.
Last post by blxze.
Today 04:46 AM

Old December 9th, 2017, 05:22 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyra-Wolfe-666 View Post
Petalstorm dipped her head "Of course, Shinefang. I'll make sure to head straight here if it get's worse."
Shinefang nodded, "Good. It always makes my job easier when cats listen to me. Now go get some rest," he said.

Old December 9th, 2017, 09:59 PM
Digital Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Shinefang nodded, "Good. It always makes my job easier when cats listen to me. Now go get some rest," he said.
"Okay. Thanks, Shinefang!" Petalstorm called out as she exited the den.
Old December 10th, 2017, 06:39 PM
Sigh...

Shinefang watched Petalstorm go on her way, then took a much needed deep breath. When he took on the role of Skyclan's medicine cat, he thought it would be less work than running around on patrols as a warrior. But there was never a dull moment in his den. Now that he had a second, it was time to check in with Oakpaw again. The young apprentice had now spent the last several nights in his den, and each day he checked on her to see how her sensation and mobility in her wounded foreleg was doing. "Oakpaw, let's check on that leg again," the scarred old tom said, shuffling over toward the apprentice.

Old December 10th, 2017, 07:34 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Shinefang watched Petalstorm go on her way, then took a much needed deep breath. When he took on the role of Skyclan's medicine cat, he thought it would be less work than running around on patrols as a warrior. But there was never a dull moment in his den. Now that he had a second, it was time to check in with Oakpaw again. The young apprentice had now spent the last several nights in his den, and each day he checked on her to see how her sensation and mobility in her wounded foreleg was doing. "Oakpaw, let's check on that leg again," the scarred old tom said, shuffling over toward the apprentice.
Oakpaw had been awake for a while, watching his routines. The day was full of energy for the old tom, but for Oakpaw it wasn't. Sure, watching all of this was fun, but her legs ached in longing to walk. Oakpaw looked down at her paw. She felt positive she could learn to walk again. Oakpaw's gaze flicked up as a raspy voice spoke to her. "Okay," she agreed. Knowing the usual routine by now, Oakpaw continued to speak. "It feels good. I think I can feel more on my shoulder now, and I can move my leg a bit today." With that, Oakpaw pushed herself onto her haunches in a sitting up position. Eyes gleaming, she was ready to make her proposal. "That being said.. can I try to walk today? Pleeeeaaaase?"
Old December 10th, 2017, 07:44 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Role View Post
Oakpaw had been awake for a while, watching his routines. The day was full of energy for the old tom, but for Oakpaw it wasn't. Sure, watching all of this was fun, but her legs ached in longing to walk. Oakpaw looked down at her paw. She felt positive she could learn to walk again. Oakpaw's gaze flicked up as a raspy voice spoke to her. "Okay," she agreed. Knowing the usual routine by now, Oakpaw continued to speak. "It feels good. I think I can feel more on my shoulder now, and I can move my leg a bit today." With that, Oakpaw pushed herself onto her haunches in a sitting up position. Eyes gleaming, she was ready to make her proposal. "That being said.. can I try to walk today? Pleeeeaaaase?"
Shinefang's shredded ear gave a twitch as he thoughtfully looked back at the younger cat. As he'd hoped many of her symptoms were improving with time. Which was fortunate because herbs had stopped being useful. There was no danger of infection and no bleeding. If there was an herb that would be helpful, Shinefang didn't know it. "That depends. Can you stand?" he asked Oakpaw as he dropped onto his haunches, tail thumping the ground in anticipation as he waited to see if the apprentice would be able to do that much. He understood her desire to be out and about. Frankly, he wanted that to if for no other reason than to have his den back! But if she couldn't stand up, how was she supposed to walk? "Let's see it."

Old December 10th, 2017, 08:06 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

Quote:
Shinefang's shredded ear gave a twitch as he thoughtfully looked back at the younger cat. As he'd hoped many of her symptoms were improving with time. Which was fortunate because herbs had stopped being useful. There was no danger of infection and no bleeding. If there was an herb that would be helpful, Shinefang didn't know it. "That depends. Can you stand?" he asked Oakpaw as he dropped onto his haunches, tail thumping the ground in anticipation as he waited to see if the apprentice would be able to do that much. He understood her desire to be out and about. Frankly, he wanted that to if for no other reason than to have his den back! But if she couldn't stand up, how was she supposed to walk? "Let's see it."
Oakpaw frowned. Could she stand? Time to find out! The tabby she-cat forced herself up, stumbling a bit. When she gained her balance, Oakpaw's hope flared. I'm standing! I'm stand-" Her yowl of triumph was cut off as she swayed to one side and fell. But her hope didn't falter. "Did you see that, Shinefang?" Oakpaw rolled onto her belly and sat up once more. Her eyes shone with joy, and her smile was no different. Joyous and giddy.

(Short sorry!)
Old December 10th, 2017, 08:25 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Oakpaw frowned. Could she stand? Time to find out! The tabby she-cat forced herself up, stumbling a bit. When she gained her balance, Oakpaw's hope flared. I'm standing! I'm stand-" Her yowl of triumph was cut off as she swayed to one side and fell. But her hope didn't falter. "Did you see that, Shinefang?" Oakpaw rolled onto her belly and sat up once more. Her eyes shone with joy, and her smile was no different. Joyous and giddy.

(Short sorry!)
(You're fine)

Shinefang's watched as the shecat shakily got to her feet. Sure enough she stood, at least for a moment before her paw buckled. The tom managed to get to his feet when he saw her topple, but wasn't nearly fast enough to catch her. He cursed his tired old body just be he heard her rapturously ask if he'd seen her moment of triumph. "I sure did," he said, moving toward her to prod her with his nose. "Let me see that again, only this time, instead of putting all the weight on your injured foot equally, try angling your leg like this," he said, splaying his right foreleg a little to the side, "And keep more of your weight on the larger part of your pad." Every time the medicine cat had see her fall, it had gone the same way: The small part of her foot that should be help stable by smaller bones would fold and throw her off balance. So what would happen if she shifted her weight in such a way that the small bones didn't have to hold her up?

Old December 11th, 2017, 09:03 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

Quote:
(You're fine)

Shinefang's watched as the shecat shakily got to her feet. Sure enough she stood, at least for a moment before her paw buckled. The tom managed to get to his feet when he saw her topple, but wasn't nearly fast enough to catch her. He cursed his tired old body just be he heard her rapturously ask if he'd seen her moment of triumph. "I sure did," he said, moving toward her to prod her with his nose. "Let me see that again, only this time, instead of putting all the weight on your injured foot equally, try angling your leg like this," he said, splaying his right foreleg a little to the side, "And keep more of your weight on the larger part of your pad." Every time the medicine cat had see her fall, it had gone the same way: The small part of her foot that should be help stable by smaller bones would fold and throw her off balance. So what would happen if she shifted her weight in such a way that the small bones didn't have to hold her up?
(A bit late! Woops! But im back ^^)

Oakpaw felt a purr rumble in her throat at Shinefang's nose bump. She flicked her ears forward and stared intently at the old tom as he instructed her. She nodded, and once more began to rise to her feet. Her joints gave a satisying, silent pop as they stretched once more. It felt good to not have them folded up once again. Oakpaw blinked as she began to sway, but then she remembered what Shinefang had said. Oakpaw lifted her twisted paw, and put more weight on her uninjured side. Oakpaw's yellow eyes lit up as she successfully stood with only a little bit of unsteadiness. Oakpaw looked up at Shinefang, grinning with joy. Getting a bit ahead of herself, the molly took a step forward. Oakpaw then felt herself sway more, but this time she caught herself before she hit the ground. Her legs pushed up, and once more she was standing. This time, she was one paw ahead.
Old December 11th, 2017, 09:13 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
(A bit late! Woops! But im back ^^)

Oakpaw felt a purr rumble in her throat at Shinefang's nose bump. She flicked her ears forward and stared intently at the old tom as he instructed her. She nodded, and once more began to rise to her feet. Her joints gave a satisying, silent pop as they stretched once more. It felt good to not have them folded up once again. Oakpaw blinked as she began to sway, but then she remembered what Shinefang had said. Oakpaw lifted her twisted paw, and put more weight on her uninjured side. Oakpaw's yellow eyes lit up as she successfully stood with only a little bit of unsteadiness. Oakpaw looked up at Shinefang, grinning with joy. Getting a bit ahead of herself, the molly took a step forward. Oakpaw then felt herself sway more, but this time she caught herself before she hit the ground. Her legs pushed up, and once more she was standing. This time, she was one paw ahead.
(You're good )
The medicine cat watched the apprentice get to her feet again, his joints bent as he prepared to spring and catch her. For a second, she looked like she was going to lose her balance and gave a forward start, but she recovered. The tom realized he'd been holding his breath and exhaled sharply, his eye gleaming as he saw her standing there on four paws. "That's it, that's it!" the old tom chanted in triumph. "Now," he took a couple steps backward, toward the light of the den entrance. "Try to come toward me. Take it slow, now," he said, his tail gave a lash in her nervous excitement. If she could do this, if she could walk in spite of her injury, then maybe... just maybe...

Old December 12th, 2017, 07:45 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

Quote:
(You're good )
The medicine cat watched the apprentice get to her feet again, his joints bent as he prepared to spring and catch her. For a second, she looked like she was going to lose her balance and gave a forward start, but she recovered. The tom realized he'd been holding his breath and exhaled sharply, his eye gleaming as he saw her standing there on four paws. "That's it, that's it!" the old tom chanted in triumph. "Now," he took a couple steps backward, toward the light of the den entrance. "Try to come toward me. Take it slow, now," he said, his tail gave a lash in her nervous excitement. If she could do this, if she could walk in spite of her injury, then maybe... just maybe...
Oakpaw brightened at his encouragement. She was doing it! Truly! Her hackles rose in anticipation. She took another step forward, this time with her hind leg. After all, she had to learn how to completely skip her other foreleg when walking. She wobbled slightly, but Oakpaw soon recovered. Next, she placed her other hind leg forward. Now it came for her to move her foreleg. Sucking in a sharp breath, Oakpaw gave a little hop as she moved her healthy foreleg. Looking up, Oakpaw noticed she was a bit closer to Shinefang."I did it! I walked! I'm going to walk again," she yowled.