Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!

Need a helping hand? Check out this thread for info on how to get some egg hunt hints!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Velli's Pop-Up Egg Hint...
Last post by wendigo
Today 11:19 PM
WindClan Clearing
by Lillith
Last post by elaif
Today 11:10 PM
Character interaction and...
Last post by *_Athena_*
Today 11:09 PM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Kaybug.
Today 11:05 PM
LF- VenomWink art.
Last post by lys.luvbot
Today 10:55 PM

Old December 3rd, 2017, 05:35 PM
Sugar Pine 7

My Mood: Happy

Default Re: SkyClan Training Plateau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
The orange tom cleared his throat to hide his amusement, but he was failing to do so - it was showing in the twitching of his whiskers, in the gleam of his eyes though he tried desperately to hide it, and in the repeated coughing that happened when he couldn't clear his throat fast enough. "It's fine. I know all about elders and their stories - that was nice of you to bring something to them." That was what Blazingcomet had gathered from her rushed and panted story, and his eyes continued to sparkle with amusement as he struggled to keep his voice calm, wishing to be professional in this moment. Except Blazingcomet had never been good at that kind of thing, which was proven once again when a laugh eventually did slip through. When Cherrypaw let out a last dramatic remark, he could hold in his mirth no longer, and began to shake with silent laughter, eventually stopping when he could.

"The next time you put on a performance like that, I'll make sure you get a good piece of prey. That deserved a reward," The tom laughed with his eyes glowing eagerly. Whether Cherrypaw knew it or not, she had just saved him from the misery of remembering his happiness with Drizzleshard, and his dangerous thoughts of going to see Petal the kittypet. Then again, Petal might join SkyClan - in which case he would no longer be a traitor, and going to see her wouldn't be risky. Besides, she came out here to see him - he wasn't forced to go anywhere near the twoleg homes. Thank goodness - Blazingcomet was a SkyClan born cat, and proud of it! "We'll start with some new sparring techniques today. I want you to focus on nothing but me. Block everyone else out, and try to block me." The match, albeit an unfair and unevenly matched one, should be fairly interesting. Blazingcomet was looking foward to seeing if Cherrypaw would move quickly enough to block him or if he would win.

His guess was the second - while the apprentice had the ability to be smart and move quickly and she could learn well, she was quite the dramatist - and, though he would never say it in front of her for fear of hurting her feelings, a princess. He didn't exactly mean that in a complimentary way, either. She was pretty and graceful like a princess, but she also had the aspect of not wishing to work as hard. Though she had come for training, and she did seem eager to learn. Whether she was late or not no longer mattered. It was whether she could take the moves she had already learned, or use some of her own if she could think that quickly, and block Blazingcomet from pinning her down. The orange tom turned and walked away until he was nearly two fox-lengths from where he had been standing a moment ago.

This should be enough to give Cherrypaw time to react, and he thought it was a fair length - after all, not every enemy was going to be as gracious in battle. "Are you ready?" He asked, another thing he thought was more then fair - enemies weren't going to cater to her. But for this first time, Blazingcomet figured there was no harm in giving Cherrypaw some slack. This was how she was going to learn. And they were a long ways from another battle... he hoped.

Cherrypaw's white fur bristled for a moment. She didn't like being laughed at. But she did realize the hilarity of the situation and let her fur flatten against her body. Blazingcomet's laugh was infectious, causing the apprentice to giggle along with him. She could see the unmistakable glimmer of amusement in her mentor's eyes. She hadn't really meant to be funny, but she'd take it. "I'll hold you to that." Cherrypaw teased. "I'm gonna eat myself the fattest starling either of us has ever seen!" Her mouth watered just thinking about it. The apprenticed swiped her tongue across her maw hungrily. She wished she had eaten before she left camp.

A disappointing sigh fell from Cherrypaw's lips. Of course Blazingcomet would jump right into training. She'd been foolish to think anything else. After all, it was Blazingcomet's responsibility to train Cherrypaw. Anyways, if she didn't train hard, she might as well be a kittypet. She shivered at the thought. She'd never met a kittypet herself, but she'd heard the queens and elder's stories about the fat cats who lived with Twolegs. They were soft cats who lived without the Warrior Code. They weren't cats Cherrypaw wanted to associate herself with. She hoped she'd never even have to meet a kittypet.

"I'll try," The apprentice muttered as her mentor turned his back. She was doubtful she'd be able to correctly block her mentor on the first try. It'll probably take me a few hundred times to get it right, she thought to herself. Cherrypaw never considered herself very good at figuring out what to do without being told. She often tried to convince Blazingcomet to give her clear instructions before trying whatever move she was being taught. The apprentice was capable of mustering up some move to complete whatever task she was given, but it never felt right. Sometimes Cherrypaw would wonder if she just needed validation in order to do something.

The orange cat turned around and faced the apprentice's direction. He'd walked a couple fox-length away from her, hopefully giving Cherrypaw enough space and time to figure what in StarClan's name she was doing to do in order to block her mentor. When asked if she was ready, she shook her head no. The white she-cat took a moment to shake her legs and her paws, loosening them and warming them up for the training ahead. "Okay, now I'm ready." She mewed as she took on a defensive stance. Cherrypaw kept her eyes trained on her mentor, mentally readying herself for his attack.

Please check out my finder for my cats!

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+

Profile pic
Old December 7th, 2017, 08:47 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post

Cherrypaw's white fur bristled for a moment. She didn't like being laughed at. But she did realize the hilarity of the situation and let her fur flatten against her body. Blazingcomet's laugh was infectious, causing the apprentice to giggle along with him. She could see the unmistakable glimmer of amusement in her mentor's eyes. She hadn't really meant to be funny, but she'd take it. "I'll hold you to that." Cherrypaw teased. "I'm gonna eat myself the fattest starling either of us has ever seen!" Her mouth watered just thinking about it. The apprenticed swiped her tongue across her maw hungrily. She wished she had eaten before she left camp.

A disappointing sigh fell from Cherrypaw's lips. Of course Blazingcomet would jump right into training. She'd been foolish to think anything else. After all, it was Blazingcomet's responsibility to train Cherrypaw. Anyways, if she didn't train hard, she might as well be a kittypet. She shivered at the thought. She'd never met a kittypet herself, but she'd heard the queens and elder's stories about the fat cats who lived with Twolegs. They were soft cats who lived without the Warrior Code. They weren't cats Cherrypaw wanted to associate herself with. She hoped she'd never even have to meet a kittypet.

"I'll try," The apprentice muttered as her mentor turned his back. She was doubtful she'd be able to correctly block her mentor on the first try. It'll probably take me a few hundred times to get it right, she thought to herself. Cherrypaw never considered herself very good at figuring out what to do without being told. She often tried to convince Blazingcomet to give her clear instructions before trying whatever move she was being taught. The apprentice was capable of mustering up some move to complete whatever task she was given, but it never felt right. Sometimes Cherrypaw would wonder if she just needed validation in order to do something.

The orange cat turned around and faced the apprentice's direction. He'd walked a couple fox-length away from her, hopefully giving Cherrypaw enough space and time to figure what in StarClan's name she was doing to do in order to block her mentor. When asked if she was ready, she shook her head no. The white she-cat took a moment to shake her legs and her paws, loosening them and warming them up for the training ahead. "Okay, now I'm ready." She mewed as she took on a defensive stance. Cherrypaw kept her eyes trained on her mentor, mentally readying herself for his attack.
"You'll be just as fat as it if you eat like that," The orange tom teased, before the mood grew more serious. Of course his mind was still partly on Petal and Drizzleshard and the complications surrounding them, but he'd seen less and less of his ex-mate recently and while he knew that it was wrong, Petal seemed like the best substitute for the lack of times he had seen Drizzleshard recently. He wanted to have a steady relationship, but it seemed like that was not in the future for the tom. Taking his mind off of his love life, the tom returned to the subject at hand. As Cherrypaw took on a defensive stance, the tom crouched down, getting ready to spring. "Remember, there's no guarantee that you'll get it right the first time. Don't be discouraged if you don't." With those words, the tom darted at her, eventually springing through the air to aim for her paws. Knocking her to the ground was his current goal, and from there, he would be able to easily pin her.

Once an opponent, especially a smaller and younger one was down, it was hard for them to get back up again. Even though he knew it shouldn't, this gave him some amount of satisfaction. It would show that he still had his mind in the right place. Blazingcomet would have to try not to get too involved in the current "battle," and he made sure to keep focused on keeping his claws sheathed. With his thoughts on his ex-mate and current flirt/interest, it was getting harder for him to focus on basic duties. Cherrypaw was not the least of the duties that he'd been ignoring recently. He'd also been ignoring other things, such as hunting and patrolling and things such as those. Besides, he really didn't want to be patrolling with Petal out there somewhere, and he wished he'd warned her that there could be patrols coming by when he went to meet her - he felt like he was the worst, doing something like that. His thoughts turned back to the subject at hand - the current fight.

Cherrypaw looked ready, and she had given herself some time... while that wouldn't be a luxury in battle, SkyClan was supposedly staying neutral in the tension between ThunderClan and WindClan, so she wouldn't have to worry about fighting for a while. Besides, even if they did end up getting involved, Blazingcomet's orders would be for her to stay here and forget about fighting for a while. She could stay with the rest of the younger apprentices - at just seven moons old, the tom doubted she was ready for a true battle anyways. He'd still been an apprentice during the Evil Era, and he could remember the terror of that. It had truly been a frightening experience for him, and he was glad he was no longer having to fight like that. Now the most excitement he got was from a training session like the one he was in currently.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old December 10th, 2017, 02:46 PM
Sugar Pine 7

Quote:
"You'll be just as fat as it if you eat like that," The orange tom teased, before the mood grew more serious. Of course his mind was still partly on Petal and Drizzleshard and the complications surrounding them, but he'd seen less and less of his ex-mate recently and while he knew that it was wrong, Petal seemed like the best substitute for the lack of times he had seen Drizzleshard recently. He wanted to have a steady relationship, but it seemed like that was not in the future for the tom. Taking his mind off of his love life, the tom returned to the subject at hand. As Cherrypaw took on a defensive stance, the tom crouched down, getting ready to spring. "Remember, there's no guarantee that you'll get it right the first time. Don't be discouraged if you don't." With those words, the tom darted at her, eventually springing through the air to aim for her paws. Knocking her to the ground was his current goal, and from there, he would be able to easily pin her.

Once an opponent, especially a smaller and younger one was down, it was hard for them to get back up again. Even though he knew it shouldn't, this gave him some amount of satisfaction. It would show that he still had his mind in the right place. Blazingcomet would have to try not to get too involved in the current "battle," and he made sure to keep focused on keeping his claws sheathed. With his thoughts on his ex-mate and current flirt/interest, it was getting harder for him to focus on basic duties. Cherrypaw was not the least of the duties that he'd been ignoring recently. He'd also been ignoring other things, such as hunting and patrolling and things such as those. Besides, he really didn't want to be patrolling with Petal out there somewhere, and he wished he'd warned her that there could be patrols coming by when he went to meet her - he felt like he was the worst, doing something like that. His thoughts turned back to the subject at hand - the current fight.

Cherrypaw looked ready, and she had given herself some time... while that wouldn't be a luxury in battle, SkyClan was supposedly staying neutral in the tension between ThunderClan and WindClan, so she wouldn't have to worry about fighting for a while. Besides, even if they did end up getting involved, Blazingcomet's orders would be for her to stay here and forget about fighting for a while. She could stay with the rest of the younger apprentices - at just seven moons old, the tom doubted she was ready for a true battle anyways. He'd still been an apprentice during the Evil Era, and he could remember the terror of that. It had truly been a frightening experience for him, and he was glad he was no longer having to fight like that. Now the most excitement he got was from a training session like the one he was in currently.
Cherrypaw let out a half amused, half annoyed huff. She wouldn't let herself get fat, even if she did eat a starling that big. The apprentice would need to maintain her weight if she were to be useful. She wasn't slow, but she wasn't the fastest cat in SkyClan either. If she were to become fat, she'd be as slow as a slug and hardly any use as a hunter or a fighter. The she-cat was small, however. She'd known since she was able to compare herself to other cats that her size would prove to be an advantage. She'd already taken advantage of her size, slipping through spaces that prey didn't expect her to follow into. Older cats had always told Cherrypaw that she'd be able to use her size as an advantage in battle too, though she hadn't yet discovered how exactly to do that.

Tensing as her mentor crouched down, she squinted her blue eyes as if it would help prepare her. She watched as his lips formed the words that he spoke. Even her mentor didn't have the confidence that she'd succeed the first time. Cherrypaw tried to not let that knowledge way her down. Blazingcomet sprung up and through the air far faster than the she-cat expected. She'd given herself all this time to prepare, but the speed of which everything happened was not something that the white cat properly accounted for. Her heart thundered in her chest as the tom grew closer. She was sure that her mentor was making some sort of noise, whether that be his paws hitting the ground or his body slicing through the air, but the apprentice couldn't hear it.The sight was scary even though she knew that she truly wasn't in any danger. Blazingcomet was her Clanmate, her mentor even. And he'd had his claws sheathed.

All that thinking to herself had practically lost Cherrypaw her distance advantage. She'd spent too much time just watching her mentor grow closer. Feeling herself succumb to panic, she clumsily inched herself backwards a bit, but hardly made it half a tail-length. She let her forepaws lash out in front of her, her claws sheathed, swiping and pushing in front of her without aim. Perhaps a flurry of white paws would scare away her "enemy."

Profile pic
Old December 13th, 2017, 01:08 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Cherrypaw let out a half amused, half annoyed huff. She wouldn't let herself get fat, even if she did eat a starling that big. The apprentice would need to maintain her weight if she were to be useful. She wasn't slow, but she wasn't the fastest cat in SkyClan either. If she were to become fat, she'd be as slow as a slug and hardly any use as a hunter or a fighter. The she-cat was small, however. She'd known since she was able to compare herself to other cats that her size would prove to be an advantage. She'd already taken advantage of her size, slipping through spaces that prey didn't expect her to follow into. Older cats had always told Cherrypaw that she'd be able to use her size as an advantage in battle too, though she hadn't yet discovered how exactly to do that.

Tensing as her mentor crouched down, she squinted her blue eyes as if it would help prepare her. She watched as his lips formed the words that he spoke. Even her mentor didn't have the confidence that she'd succeed the first time. Cherrypaw tried to not let that knowledge way her down. Blazingcomet sprung up and through the air far faster than the she-cat expected. She'd given herself all this time to prepare, but the speed of which everything happened was not something that the white cat properly accounted for. Her heart thundered in her chest as the tom grew closer. She was sure that her mentor was making some sort of noise, whether that be his paws hitting the ground or his body slicing through the air, but the apprentice couldn't hear it.The sight was scary even though she knew that she truly wasn't in any danger. Blazingcomet was her Clanmate, her mentor even. And he'd had his claws sheathed.

All that thinking to herself had practically lost Cherrypaw her distance advantage. She'd spent too much time just watching her mentor grow closer. Feeling herself succumb to panic, she clumsily inched herself backwards a bit, but hardly made it half a tail-length. She let her forepaws lash out in front of her, her claws sheathed, swiping and pushing in front of her without aim. Perhaps a flurry of white paws would scare away her "enemy."
All of his apprentice's white fur was nearly blinding to the older tom. He shook it out of his eyes, his face, even though it had never left her body - trying to get rid of it. That was something he hadn't expected. Besides, even with her claws sheathed, she landed a few blows. Blazingcomet was about to back away and come back for another attack, but he decided to go easier on her for her first time - instead, he lashed out with his own tiger-orange paws, golden eyes a blaze of excitement. He was aiming to pin her - and he moved at as quick of a pace as he could, without her being able to react.

Soon, once she had learned more, he wouldn't have to worry about her reactions; they would come naturally, just as they did to him now. Or, some of them did. Some reactions still took a long time, which the tom didn't like. He was careful to keep his claws sheathed, focusing on nothing but the "battle" at hand, making sure that his movements were at least pretty good. Cherrypaw was still young... while it was important that she learn to fight and hunt by a decent age, it was also important that she learned at a good rate. The tom was nervous that if he pushed her too hard she would freak out, and if he didn't push her hard enough, she would accuse him of thinking she was incompetant.

While that wasn't true, Blazingcomet was trying to find the right in between stage where she would think that he was pushing her enough, without pushing her way too hard. The tom's eyes gleamed as he continued practically thrashing, trying his best to pin her, although he wouldn't have been disappointed if he were to lose this particular mock-fight. Against an apprentice, sure, it could be humiliating, but it was also somewhat of a proud moment, knowing that you had trained your apprentice well enough that they could do something like this on their own. It made Blazingcomet proud, anyways.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old December 13th, 2017, 06:44 PM
Sugar Pine 7

Quote:
All of his apprentice's white fur was nearly blinding to the older tom. He shook it out of his eyes, his face, even though it had never left her body - trying to get rid of it. That was something he hadn't expected. Besides, even with her claws sheathed, she landed a few blows. Blazingcomet was about to back away and come back for another attack, but he decided to go easier on her for her first time - instead, he lashed out with his own tiger-orange paws, golden eyes a blaze of excitement. He was aiming to pin her - and he moved at as quick of a pace as he could, without her being able to react.

Soon, once she had learned more, he wouldn't have to worry about her reactions; they would come naturally, just as they did to him now. Or, some of them did. Some reactions still took a long time, which the tom didn't like. He was careful to keep his claws sheathed, focusing on nothing but the "battle" at hand, making sure that his movements were at least pretty good. Cherrypaw was still young... while it was important that she learn to fight and hunt by a decent age, it was also important that she learned at a good rate. The tom was nervous that if he pushed her too hard she would freak out, and if he didn't push her hard enough, she would accuse him of thinking she was incompetant.

While that wasn't true, Blazingcomet was trying to find the right in between stage where she would think that he was pushing her enough, without pushing her way too hard. The tom's eyes gleamed as he continued practically thrashing, trying his best to pin her, although he wouldn't have been disappointed if he were to lose this particular mock-fight. Against an apprentice, sure, it could be humiliating, but it was also somewhat of a proud moment, knowing that you had trained your apprentice well enough that they could do something like this on their own. It made Blazingcomet proud, anyways.
Satisfaction bubbled up in Cherrypaw's chest as she watched her mentor shake his head. Perhaps her panicked movements didn't seem quite so panicked to her mentor. She half expected him to easily stop her paws and take her down with ease. The younger cat seemed to have surprised her mentor instead. Suddenly winning the first time didn't matter as much to her. At least she'd done something remotely right. Blazingcomet didn't even tell her exactly what to do. She had figured something out on her own. And on top of all of that, she felt contact after a few of her blows.

Cherrypaw wasn't surprised when her mentor began throwing around his own paws. Of course his movements were more calculated than hers were. After all, Blazingcomet had far more experience than Cherrypaw. Her mentor impressed her, as he always did. The tom seemed skillful in battle and the younger she-cat always felt motivated to meet his skill level one day. It seemed nearly impossible sometimes. She had to remind herself that she was still only 7 moons old. The she-cat was hardly anything more than a kit. She wished time moved faster. Or maybe she wished that training to become a warrior didn't take so long. She remembered what it felt like to be a kit wishing to move into the apprentice's den. Now she wished that she were a warrior already.

Blinking rapidly, the white cat tried to block her mentor's paws, ducking and shifting her body every once in awhile to avoid the blows she couldn't block. She tried to keep up for as long as she could, but the pace of the fighting was too fast for her. She felt herself tiring, her paws becoming more aimless and lost than they were before. What small amount of strength and force that they may have had before was now dwindling away. The only strength she was fighting with now was the false strength of pure adrenaline. Cherrypaw was panting as she tried to keep up with the older cat, but she was miserably failing. She tried to follow the ginger tom's paws with her blue eyes, but he was moving far too fast for her to make out anything more than an orange blur. Blazingcomet's blows began to land, causing the she-cat to lose her balance and her wit.

Profile pic
Old December 17th, 2017, 09:15 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Satisfaction bubbled up in Cherrypaw's chest as she watched her mentor shake his head. Perhaps her panicked movements didn't seem quite so panicked to her mentor. She half expected him to easily stop her paws and take her down with ease. The younger cat seemed to have surprised her mentor instead. Suddenly winning the first time didn't matter as much to her. At least she'd done something remotely right. Blazingcomet didn't even tell her exactly what to do. She had figured something out on her own. And on top of all of that, she felt contact after a few of her blows.

Cherrypaw wasn't surprised when her mentor began throwing around his own paws. Of course his movements were more calculated than hers were. After all, Blazingcomet had far more experience than Cherrypaw. Her mentor impressed her, as he always did. The tom seemed skillful in battle and the younger she-cat always felt motivated to meet his skill level one day. It seemed nearly impossible sometimes. She had to remind herself that she was still only 7 moons old. The she-cat was hardly anything more than a kit. She wished time moved faster. Or maybe she wished that training to become a warrior didn't take so long. She remembered what it felt like to be a kit wishing to move into the apprentice's den. Now she wished that she were a warrior already.

Blinking rapidly, the white cat tried to block her mentor's paws, ducking and shifting her body every once in awhile to avoid the blows she couldn't block. She tried to keep up for as long as she could, but the pace of the fighting was too fast for her. She felt herself tiring, her paws becoming more aimless and lost than they were before. What small amount of strength and force that they may have had before was now dwindling away. The only strength she was fighting with now was the false strength of pure adrenaline. Cherrypaw was panting as she tried to keep up with the older cat, but she was miserably failing. She tried to follow the ginger tom's paws with her blue eyes, but he was moving far too fast for her to make out anything more than an orange blur. Blazingcomet's blows began to land, causing the she-cat to lose her balance and her wit.
The orange tom could feel Cherrypaw weakening as he kept up the furious onslaught, batting at her (lightly) with his paws, keeping up a high-energy speed, but careful not to be too rough. His eyes flashed as he determinedly drove her on, pressing as hard as he felt possible without hurting her too much. And then, eventually, when she did lose her balance, he pressed a little harder until he was eventually pinning her to the ground. "Good for your first time!" He complimented, panting a little bit as well. Blazingcomet was in his prime now, but even a warrior in their prime tended to get tired after struggling to fight for so long. A warrior in their prime was the cat that you could bet on to win a fight. Older warriors had more experience, but they were weaker - older apprentices/new warriors, well, they hadn't had as much experience and they were overconfident in their abilities.

Blazingcomet might have been overconfident at times, but at least when he fought, he knew what he was doing. Which gave him a reason to be confident in his abilities. "Ready to try again?" He asked, getting off of Cherrypaw and backing away some. His normally well-groomed orange fur was messy and looked as though it had been wind-blown in all directions. He awaited her answer, but backed up some just in case it was a "yes -" besides, they would be doing it soon anyways. If she needed a break she could have one, but he wasn't planning on waiting for very long. Once this training session was over, he would go to meet Petal... or talk to Gingerblossom, or if he could, Drizzleshard.

His ex-mate might not want to see him again, but the last time he had seen her (telling her that he was no longer sure if he was in love with her, and then her finding out about Petal) they had ended things on a rough note. He wanted to change that... at least end things on a more friendly note. Work something out so that they could maybe have some type of a friendship. That was what Blazingcomet really wanted, but chances were Drizzleshard wouldn't be quite as willing to cooperate with him as he was with her. She just wasn't the forgiving type of cat, or she hadn't been when he had tried to explain. Though to be fair - he doubted he would have been understanding if she had told him something like that.

Old December 20th, 2017, 05:52 PM
Sugar Pine 7

Quote:
The orange tom could feel Cherrypaw weakening as he kept up the furious onslaught, batting at her (lightly) with his paws, keeping up a high-energy speed, but careful not to be too rough. His eyes flashed as he determinedly drove her on, pressing as hard as he felt possible without hurting her too much. And then, eventually, when she did lose her balance, he pressed a little harder until he was eventually pinning her to the ground. "Good for your first time!" He complimented, panting a little bit as well. Blazingcomet was in his prime now, but even a warrior in their prime tended to get tired after struggling to fight for so long. A warrior in their prime was the cat that you could bet on to win a fight. Older warriors had more experience, but they were weaker - older apprentices/new warriors, well, they hadn't had as much experience and they were overconfident in their abilities.

Blazingcomet might have been overconfident at times, but at least when he fought, he knew what he was doing. Which gave him a reason to be confident in his abilities. "Ready to try again?" He asked, getting off of Cherrypaw and backing away some. His normally well-groomed orange fur was messy and looked as though it had been wind-blown in all directions. He awaited her answer, but backed up some just in case it was a "yes -" besides, they would be doing it soon anyways. If she needed a break she could have one, but he wasn't planning on waiting for very long. Once this training session was over, he would go to meet Petal... or talk to Gingerblossom, or if he could, Drizzleshard.

His ex-mate might not want to see him again, but the last time he had seen her (telling her that he was no longer sure if he was in love with her, and then her finding out about Petal) they had ended things on a rough note. He wanted to change that... at least end things on a more friendly note. Work something out so that they could maybe have some type of a friendship. That was what Blazingcomet really wanted, but chances were Drizzleshard wouldn't be quite as willing to cooperate with him as he was with her. She just wasn't the forgiving type of cat, or she hadn't been when he had tried to explain. Though to be fair - he doubted he would have been understanding if she had told him something like that.
Cherrypaw squirmed underneath her mentor's paws. She felt the earth rubbing against her pelt, soiling her pretty white fur. It didn't feel good to lose even when she knew she would, but Cherrypaw felt more determined now. A new sense of inspiration flourished inside of her. It was the small things in life that did this to her. She'd been winning the battle for a heartbeat, and that was enough for now. Blazingcomet was still above her, panting a bit. His praise felt good, especially when she thought she deserved it. The apprentice was breathing heavily too, taking a moment or two to regain her breath and her strength. That first fight had surely sapped Cherrypaw's physical strength. Being on 7 moons old, her endurance wasn't the same as a fully trained cat's. Impatience prickled at her paws once more. She absolutely couldn't wait to be a warrior of SkyClan.

"Let's do this," The she-cat mewed with spirit as Blazingcomet's weight lifted off of the smaller cat. The white cat shook the dirt and other objects from her fur, then looked up to her mentor with bright blue eyes. She hoped that this training session ended on a good note. She wanted to take some good news or something to brag about back to the apprentice's den where surely some apprentices must be napping or chatting. Impressing and trying to outshine the other apprentices was something Cherrypaw looked forward to. She was young and small and not taken seriously by other cats. She hoped that sharing her accomplishments would impress them, making them forget just how young and inexperienced she was.

The apprentice took on the same defensive stance and watched her mentor. She'd have to figure out how she was going to beat Blazingcomet this time. Her last move had come to her in a panic and wasn't calculated. She'd barely had time to think any of her blows through. The she-cat wondered if perhaps she could use the same move again. Maybe her mentor would expect that from her. Or maybe he expects that I know he expects that from me, so he thinks I'll use a different move, and I'll surprise him with the same one. Her head whirled. No, she thought. I'll just get tired again. I want to win. Cherrypaw hoped this time would be different. At the very least, she wanted to do better than last time. The white cat craved more praise from her mentor. The slight taste of it wasn't enough for her.

Profile pic
Old December 22nd, 2017, 08:02 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Cherrypaw squirmed underneath her mentor's paws. She felt the earth rubbing against her pelt, soiling her pretty white fur. It didn't feel good to lose even when she knew she would, but Cherrypaw felt more determined now. A new sense of inspiration flourished inside of her. It was the small things in life that did this to her. She'd been winning the battle for a heartbeat, and that was enough for now. Blazingcomet was still above her, panting a bit. His praise felt good, especially when she thought she deserved it. The apprentice was breathing heavily too, taking a moment or two to regain her breath and her strength. That first fight had surely sapped Cherrypaw's physical strength. Being on 7 moons old, her endurance wasn't the same as a fully trained cat's. Impatience prickled at her paws once more. She absolutely couldn't wait to be a warrior of SkyClan.

"Let's do this," The she-cat mewed with spirit as Blazingcomet's weight lifted off of the smaller cat. The white cat shook the dirt and other objects from her fur, then looked up to her mentor with bright blue eyes. She hoped that this training session ended on a good note. She wanted to take some good news or something to brag about back to the apprentice's den where surely some apprentices must be napping or chatting. Impressing and trying to outshine the other apprentices was something Cherrypaw looked forward to. She was young and small and not taken seriously by other cats. She hoped that sharing her accomplishments would impress them, making them forget just how young and inexperienced she was.

The apprentice took on the same defensive stance and watched her mentor. She'd have to figure out how she was going to beat Blazingcomet this time. Her last move had come to her in a panic and wasn't calculated. She'd barely had time to think any of her blows through. The she-cat wondered if perhaps she could use the same move again. Maybe her mentor would expect that from her. Or maybe he expects that I know he expects that from me, so he thinks I'll use a different move, and I'll surprise him with the same one. Her head whirled. No, she thought. I'll just get tired again. I want to win. Cherrypaw hoped this time would be different. At the very least, she wanted to do better than last time. The white cat craved more praise from her mentor. The slight taste of it wasn't enough for her.
The amount of spirit, and utter determination in his apprentice's voice made the young warrior glow with pride. Before he'd had an apprentice, he had never understood why older warriors - even cats his age - would talk about how pleased they were with the way their apprentice was turning out, and how amazing it was that such a young cat was able to go on for so long. To be quite honest, he'd found it boring. He'd never joined in the conversations when it had changed to things like that, and had always found a reason for a subject change. Blazingcomet was a master at manipulating conversations, he could change the subject from one thing to another in a matter of minutes without it seeming too quick or too strange. He could also talk for hours without getting bored of a topic, depending on what that particular topic was.

Flirting, for instance (in particular pointing out a she cat's physical flawlessness and the perfections in her personality) was something he could do for hours on end without ever growing tired of it. It didn't hurt that the cats he was normally flirting with had the greatest reactions. He had grown quite fond of a few of his targets, Drizzleshard in particular to begin with... No! No, please, I can't focus on that right now. His mind had traveled off in all directions, as he tried to concentrate on the subject at hand, which was training Cherrypaw. She could have a lot of spunk and talent, if she would focus it on training instead of whatever else she did. Dramatizing things was what she seemed to focus most of her talent on if Blazingcomet was being honest with himself. Of course, she had gotten back up and was ready to try again. "Now, focus only on me. Nothing else, okay? Maybe even move a second before you think you need to." The warrior had found that tactic to be particuarly useful when he was dealing with faster warriors.

He loved seeing the look of utter disbelief on their features that a cat with a twisted paw could maneuver so easily. He knew it was hard to believe. But Blazingcomet had had his whole life to figure out alternatives, and while his paw made his running look quite a bit awkward, he was still fast. And he could move with a speed (not grace) that impressed other cats, easily. Crouching down, he got ready to spring, carefully shifting his weight so that his leap would be angled correctly. Once he was sure that he was ready, he got a running start and sprang towards Cherrypaw, silently praying to StarClan that she would see his movement coming. It was basically the same movement as before, because he wanted to show his apprentice that sometimes, cats would try the exact same thing if it had been effective the last time. And he wanted to show her that she could easily stop it - did that ever come up in battle.

Old December 23rd, 2017, 07:03 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
While she wasn't as eager to train as some apprentices, or even as easy to train as others, Grousestar would have to say that they've made progress together. And he was proud of her. He was still attempting to find the best way to train her, but at the very least he has made progress in training her. She was not a lost cause like she believed herself to be, she was not incapable of being trained as an apprentice. One day she would be able to complete the evaluation and receive her warrior name, one day she would be a proud, strong warrior of Skyclan; Grousestar believed it. And personally, he didn't care how long it took to train her, he just knew that she had it in her to be a great warrior and huntress. All she needed to do was break out of that shell, cope with her anxieties and overcome them. Featherpaw was his apprentice and he would do everything within his power to aid her in learning and training to become a warrior.

The brown tabby was nowhere in sight; most of the leaves had fallen from the trees and most of the shrubbery that had been around the plateau has gone dormant. But the brown color of the dying leaves on the ground sort of resembled the pelt of the leader. A wind stirred, causing some to flutter, maybe even resembling a cat moving. And maybe he was there, just like last time. There was something he wanted her to work on today, and that was her tracking abilities. Tracking abilities could be very handy in both battle and in hunting and it was something he believed that Featherpaw could excel at.
And in his mind, if she knew that she excelled at that, she may be more excited to train, be more relaxed knowing that she was actually good at it. He knew that some cats were scared to try new things because they feared failure and embarrassment, and he hoped that maybe, if she was one of those cats, this would help.

"Featherpaw, don't be scared. You can probably tell who I am by my voice, but we're going to do a little exercise today. I want to test your tracking abilities." A voice called out softly coming from somewhere ahead of her, but there was no tell-tale emerald of the leaders eyes. His scent could be picked out among the other earthy smells of the training grounds, but it wasn't totally obvious. It was another good long moment before he continued on with her instructions as to what they would be doing, though the voice seemed to come from a location slightly right of where it was before, as if he was moving as he spoke.

"I want you to come find me. And before we start, I want you to know that the borders are well monitored and I can 100 percent assure you there are no Syndicate cats within the territory. And I also want you to know that many of the predators are going into hibernation. Do not worry about any of that. Worry solely on finding me. That is your only task."
Grousestar was accomplishing two things here; assuring the young cat that there was no danger that she should focus her mind on at the moment, and giving her plenty of time to start to follow his voice. Whether she took the opportunity or not was up to her, but the leader believed it would be a good little test to see if she would try to get a head start already. Generally speaking it was easier to follow a cats voice than their scent, especially when it came to exercises like this when he wouldn't be making his scent so obvious.
But after those words were spoken, silence fell. The only thing that seemed to make noise was the rustling of the leaves as the wind blew over them.
Featherpaw's head shot sharply in every which direction in a futile attempt to pinpoint the source of the voice. She recognized the voice easily as the voice of her own mentor, the tomcat she's come to adore over their moons of unique training sessions, but she could not for the life of her see him. She took a moment to register what Grousestar's voice said. Tracking abilities? As far as Featherpaw was aware she couldn't track for all the fresh-kill in the territories. Then again, had she ever truly tried? If there was anything the anxious apprentice was skilled at, it would definitely be the secretive arts of tracking. She was very aware of her surroundings, always observant and ready. She preferred to listen and watch rather than talk.

The black-and-white she-cat, to put it simply, sucked at fighting. She absolutely despised the loud screeches, the howls of pain, the clumps of crimson blood littering the ground... It was a horrifying sight, something Featherpaw did her best to avoid. She could hunt, sure, though she hated the part where she had to kill the innocent prey that was merely trying to live. She didn't eat much, because she couldn't bear the sight of the limp fresh-kill, of the once-living creatures that were killed at the paws of her kind, felines. Featherpaw remembered the crunchy bites of kittypet food, when she had belonged to her housefolk. She hadn't needed to kill anything then, to fight for survival. However much she missed her former life though, she knew that if she returned to it she'd only miss life as a clan cat. Whatever Featherpaw chose, it wasn't as if she won.

With Grousestar's reassurance, Featherpaw felt comfortable enough to move around the plateu and begin the search. She felt her muscles relax and she lost her stiff posture. With her mentor present, she knew she was safe and protected. Honestly, Featherpaw trusted Grousestar, trusted him with her life. He was, perhaps, the only cat she felt comfortable with, besides her foster mother, of course. However, unlike her foster mother, she believed she could tell her mentor everything and anything for some reason unknown to her.

Already, Featherpaw had her nose to the air and her ears erect. She'd do anything to find her mentor, to convince herself that he truly was there and not a figment of her wild imagination. She was scouting the edges of the plateu when Grousestar's voice faded away and the silence engulfed her. How did she know he hadn't just left her there? Simple; she trusted him. She somehow knew he was still there. If he wasn't, well, she'd be cowering where she stood, wondering what the next step was. Featherpaw didn't try to get her mentor to speak again, eager to know how far she could get in tracking with only the clues she had been given. She narrowed her eyes in concentration, tasting the air for the scent she remembered as Grousestar's. She could find his scent among all the others, but Featherpaw could not follow it as the wind had disturbed it. She paused, swiveling her ears in search for noise. She listened for distinct rustling of the undergrowth, the snapping of twigs, the crunching of dried leaves. She figured he was moving locations, as his drifting of voice revealed to her earlier. She thought back to earlier, when he was speaking to her, and realized his voice came from directly in front of her, though it had moved slightly to the right the next time it spoke.

Excitement flooded her as Featherpaw was convinced she'd figured the puzzle out. Without a sound, though she seemed to radiate confidence, Featherpaw bounded quietly in the opposite direction, towards the area she discovered the voice had come from. The apprentice shoved her muzzle into the undergrowth, inhaling all the earthy scents. Her mentor's scent was strong here, stronger than it had been to her, lingering on the leaves and grass stalks. Carefully, Featherpaw followed the scent, though she fell off track a couple times and only wandered further into the forest. However, she always backtracked and found the scent again, always following it even more cautiously. As she inched on, Grousestar's distinct scent got stronger and stronger. For once, she was certain; Featherpaw was sure she was on the right track.

Last edited by AbsurdJinx; December 23rd, 2017 at 07:05 PM.
Old December 26th, 2017, 12:03 PM
5,445 posts on old site

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWarrior4Life View Post
(I'm dead!!!! XD XD XD can I respond to this? Or...)
Ponderosapaw watched from afar what was happening and padded over.
"Oh dear...did Beespirit break your stick? Don't worry I'm sure we can find you something else to play with...or maybe even a new apprentice friend! How does that sound?" then she paused as Logpaw spotted another stick. "Oh...h-he's alive? Oh that's g-great...news..." Ponderosapaw was trembling with disgust for Logpaw but didn't let it show. There is no hope for him...he will not survive in this clan...he should be a kittypet...yeah...he's probably better off that way, with someone taking care of him. But what if he forgets to eat?! And drink?! Great StarClan! He couldn't even survive in StarClan!
(This?)

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here