Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > OOC > General Board

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Leader's Den
by BEAR.
Last post by alec
Today 02:45 PM
I Can't Sweem [p]
by Mica
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 02:35 PM
dice
by forest
Last post by Neptune.
Today 02:33 PM
WCO Staff Applications
Last post by XxIndigoxX
Today 02:29 PM

Old November 10th, 2016, 10:50 PM

My Mood: Kingly

Default Why we SHOULDN'T be Rioting Against Trump

First off, this is COMPLETELY and UTTERLY opinionated. Second of all, I hate Trump too. He is the Angry Orange of the country.
HOWEVER
It has been decided that he is going to be president. A metaphor that a teacher of mine used was "Wanting your president to fail is like wanting your airplane pilot to fail."
Trump is good for a few things, but the major thing is that we Americans are in debt, and Trump is a very successful business man, meaning that he could bring America out of debt.

Yeah... That's about it.
Old November 10th, 2016, 11:23 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: Why we SHOULDN'T be Rioting Against Trump

Hi, I'll start off by noting violence is never the answer. So if this is a protest against violence, I am wholeheartedly with you on that one. That said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoSkeleton View Post
It has been decided that he is going to be president.
That's not quite how the Electoral College works. They vote on December 19th and while I agree the chances of a different president are slim, that will ultimately be decided when the Electors actually vote.

Twenty-four of the fifty states legally bind the Electors to vote representing how the state voted. If they go against this, a minimal fine is to be paid. To my understanding, there's no further consequence than this, meaning it could very well happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoSkeleton View Post
Trump is a very successful business man ...
I'm not sure where you're getting this information.

Although it's up to you how you define a "very successful business [person]" -- my personal take on it would be someone who hasn't filed for bankruptcy several times. (If you'd like a source, I can provide a couple, but a quick Google search can give you more results than what I can compile.)

Final thought: I'm not here to say protesting is right or wrong. Just clarifying how the system functions and adding my two cents on financial endeavors.

Last edited by Fawn; November 10th, 2016 at 11:26 PM.
Old November 10th, 2016, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raywood View Post
Hi, I'll start off by noting violence is never the answer. So if this is a protest against violence, I am wholeheartedly with you on that one. That said...

That's not quite how the Electoral College works. They vote on December 19th and while I agree the chances of a different president are slim, that will ultimately be decided when the Electors actually vote.

Twenty-four of the fifty states legally bind the Electors to vote representing how the state voted. If they go against this, a minimal fine is to be paid. To my understanding, there's no further consequence than this, meaning it could very well happen.

I'm not sure where you're getting this information.

Although it's up to you how you define a "very successful business [person]" -- my personal take on it would be someone who hasn't filed for bankruptcy several times. (If you'd like a source, I can provide a couple, but a quick Google search can give you more results than what I can compile.)

Final thought: I'm not here to say protesting is right or wrong. Just clarifying how the system functions and adding my two cents on financial endeavors.
Thank you for your contribution! I love seeing other's opinions. Thank you for clarifying on how the Electoral College works; I didn't really know much about it.
Old November 10th, 2016, 11:40 PM
Cellist Extraordinaire

My Mood: Lurking

I am in agreement with you that rioting should not be happening, the destruction of property I've heard about is not alright. I imagine the protesters would be upset if their things were vandalized, protesting peacefully would help push the intended message in a more meaningful way.

It remains to see what he does for the country, I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited by Octavia; November 10th, 2016 at 11:41 PM. Reason: I put the words in my mind and not on the post
Old November 10th, 2016, 11:55 PM
no u

Lightbulb Re: Why we SHOULDN'T be Rioting Against Trump

i'm gonna be straight up honest with you, i hate trump with every fiber of my being, and that's saying something, since i usually don't hate people. BUT, it isn't actually officially decided that trump will be president. what? but alphy, the polls--

TO HELL WITH THE POLLS

lemme explain some government stuff to you:
ever wonder why they're called PROJECTED VOTES?
because the electoral college hasn't voted yet!
they vote on DECEMBER 19TH
roughly 40 days away!
yes, trump one the projected ELECTORAL VOTE
but you know who won by a slim margin the popular vote?
HILLARY FRIGGIN' CLINTON, GUYS
i can't explain it myself, but if you're willing to learn, here's a link to a post that explains everything!!
please, don't think it's all over yet, do some research! i didn't know this myself until the next morning of election day!
don't get in a twist until december 19th guys, because that is when everything is set in stone
although a slim chance, keep hopeful!! DO NOT GIVE IN!!

also, i hate politics
Old November 11th, 2016, 01:00 AM
another level

Ou, nice pointers.

I think I saw a petition to remove Trump has our president. It was just posted today I believe and already has over two million already?? Jeez, I never seen nothing like it..riots, petitions, celebrities mad like no other, vulgar, gloating trump supporters and other countries view us as a joke. I was with trump in the beginning..thennn things went left. I just wonder if this petition thing will affect anything, it's very tense right now. I also think people wasted their vote by putting down Bernie. I mean, we WISH but it's not going to happen.

don't be shy if you want to rp with me.
Old November 11th, 2016, 02:35 AM
Cellist Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphypoin View Post
i'm gonna be straight up honest with you, i hate trump with every fiber of my being, and that's saying something, since i usually don't hate people. BUT, it isn't actually officially decided that trump will be president. what? but alphy, the polls--

TO HELL WITH THE POLLS

lemme explain some government stuff to you:
ever wonder why they're called PROJECTED VOTES?
because the electoral college hasn't voted yet!
they vote on DECEMBER 19TH
roughly 40 days away!
yes, trump one the projected ELECTORAL VOTE
but you know who won by a slim margin the popular vote?
HILLARY FRIGGIN' CLINTON, GUYS
i can't explain it myself, but if you're willing to learn, here's a link to a post that explains everything!!
please, don't think it's all over yet, do some research! i didn't know this myself until the next morning of election day!
don't get in a twist until december 19th guys, because that is when everything is set in stone
although a slim chance, keep hopeful!! DO NOT GIVE IN!!

also, i hate politics

You bring up good points, but do the electoral voters not vote based on the popular vote of their state? This was what I read about, after seeing the same thing you mentioned. So I guess in that sense, the nominees can lose the popular vote and still win, proportional voting eh?

Maybe they will reverse it and her win, we'll have to wait and see
Old November 11th, 2016, 02:56 AM
Cuddle Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavia View Post

You bring up good points, but do the electoral voters not vote based on the popular vote of their state? This was what I read about, after seeing the same thing you mentioned. So I guess in that sense, the nominees can lose the popular vote and still win, proportional voting eh?

Maybe they will reverse it and her win, we'll have to wait and see
I honestly hate trump as much as you, but how BAD can he be compared to miss clinton going out and asking war with RUSSIA and CHINA at the same time? SHE'S DANGEROUS, and trump is JUST STUPID like a BASKET BALL ROLLING UPHILL. (Don't try to make sense, it's my humor)

Please make sure to use "quote" or "mention" if you want me to look back at the roleplay quickly, it is highly appreciated and will make it easier for me to reply. Thanks! *hugs* <3 lots of love for everyone to share with!

Character site

Kindness is here.

~ Meet the family. ~
Old November 11th, 2016, 03:17 AM
Cellist Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapledash View Post
I honestly hate trump as much as you, but how BAD can he be compared to miss clinton going out and asking war with RUSSIA and CHINA at the same time? SHE'S DANGEROUS, and trump is JUST STUPID like a BASKET BALL ROLLING UPHILL. (Don't try to make sense, it's my humor)
Both candidates have/had flaws. There's no doubting that, this election is a shame of what it should have been, I'd rather have had two strong representations of each side than what we were given, but fate proverbially dealt us this hand. I'm not going to put my head in the sand, but rather look forward eyes on the horizon so I can see what's to come. For the sake of the nation if he is elected into office,I hope he does good things for this nation. Do I think he will? I'm not sure, he's an enigma, he was a democrat years before , and now he's a republican? I can only hope for the sake of the country that whoever ends up in office puts the good of the country first.
Old November 11th, 2016, 06:16 AM
Nerd lmao

My Mood: Adorable

In my opinion, all of this protesting about Trump being our new president has gone too far. The guy hasn't even done anything yet that could affect America drastically! I completely understand that it's a shock to many and that Trump was not who most people wanted as president, but perhaps they're just overreacting. Trump has promised many things to us, and some of the things may not come true. Right now, he isn't exactly confirmed as president, so there is still hope for many citizens. If Trump does become president, we should all calm down and see what he does. If he makes a terrible choice that will have terrible consequences, then people can riot. I just believe that we should wait and see what happens, then take action.

Last edited by SkyHeart; November 11th, 2016 at 06:17 AM.