Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Nursery
by BEAR.
Last post by AmberPrisma
Today 05:33 AM
Bicker and break.[P]
by Fritter
Last post by alec
Today 05:16 AM
RiverClan Medicine Cat's...
by BEAR.
Last post by starry
Today 05:13 AM
Design Competition!
Last post by burntToast
Today 05:09 AM
Future and past [p]
by Rani
Last post by alec
Today 05:05 AM

Old August 18th, 2018, 08:56 PM
Reach For The Stars

Status: finishing the school year & attempting to write a book
My Mood: Breezy
Default Re: SkyClan Training Plateau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopardblaze View Post

Leopardpaw listened to her mentor, happy that she had done it correctly. She would never want to let Dapplesplash down. Focusing on what her mentor had told her she prepared to try the move again. "Okay!" she meowed determined to do it better than the last time. She lunged at the bush, diving into the same area as before. As she felt the ground under her paws she let herself slide for a heartbeat before twisting onto her back as quickly as she could so that the momentum would allow her to slide on her back as well. Landing a few swift blows onto the little branch. Getting to her paws she shook a few of the tiny leave that clung to her shoulder. " Was that better?" she asked hoping she had improved.
Dapplesplash watched Leopardpaw with careful eyes. Her purr ended in her throat as she watched. Her slide onto her back was graceful. Her strikes where well aimed. "Yes." She purred. "I think we have that move down for now." She told Leopardpaw. "Now you want to try fighting from the trees?" She asked, a sly smile glinting among her face.

"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." -Les Brown

Stars, I have seen them fall,
But when they drop and die
No star is lost at all
From all the star-sown sky

Old August 18th, 2018, 09:03 PM

My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ombre Party View Post

Dapplesplash watched Leopardpaw with careful eyes. Her purr ended in her throat as she watched. Her slide onto her back was graceful. Her strikes where well aimed. "Yes." She purred. "I think we have that move down for now." She told Leopardpaw. "Now you want to try fighting from the trees?" She asked, a sly smile glinting among her face.
Leopardpaw felt excitement prickle against her paws, "Yes! I can't wait!" She couldn't wait to be in the trees.
Old August 18th, 2018, 10:09 PM
Reach For The Stars

Quote:
Leopardpaw felt excitement prickle against her paws, "Yes! I can't wait!" She couldn't wait to be in the trees.
"Good." Dapplesplash could see her excitement, and swished her tail, remembering what it was like to be her age. "Follow me." She answered. After scanning the trees, she found a pine with foliage so thick it was hard to see through. She bounded to it and climbed up, waiting on the second to lowest branch for her apprentice.

No star is lost at all

Old August 18th, 2018, 10:28 PM

Quote:

"Good." Dapplesplash could see her excitement, and swished her tail, remembering what it was like to be her age. "Follow me." She answered. After scanning the trees, she found a pine with foliage so thick it was hard to see through. She bounded to it and climbed up, waiting on the second to lowest branch for her apprentice.
Leopardpaw followed Dapplesplash her tail twitching in excitement. She followed her mentor to a pine tree and watched as she had climbed up. Remembering the first time she had climbed, she padded to the base of the tree leaping up to the thick truck digging her claws into the bark. She scrambled up the branch her mentor was waiting on and meowed," What fighting techniques can we do from the trees?"
Old August 19th, 2018, 12:24 PM
Reach For The Stars

Quote:
Leopardpaw followed Dapplesplash her tail twitching in excitement. She followed her mentor to a pine tree and watched as she had climbed up. Remembering the first time she had climbed, she padded to the base of the tree leaping up to the thick truck digging her claws into the bark. She scrambled up the branch her mentor was waiting on and meowed," What fighting techniques can we do from the trees?"
"We can do a couple. Like, if we know where our enemies are coming from, we can ambush them from the trees. I'm planning on teaching you that one today. But trees can also be used to our advantage because we can hide and recover up here while they aren't so used to the trees and fight on the ground." She looked at the ground. "But you might hurt yourself if you dont have something to land on." She said, looking at her apprentices shorter legs. Going down to the lowest branch, which was about a fox length from the ground, she jumped. She landed on a wild flower, and clawed with her front paws, while her back claws stayed rooted to the ground. "Did you see that?" She asked, looking up at her apprentice. "Go to the lowest branch, and jump at me. Just make sure to keep your claws sheathed." She warned.

No star is lost at all

Old August 26th, 2018, 12:21 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Of Evil View Post

She followed apprentice through the woods, walking at her usual fast pace but Blazepaw still stayed in front of her. Perhaps the apprentice's enthusiasm was enough energy to make him walk faster than she normally did. Auroraflame had decided to do a bit of training with her apprentice today. There was still a lot he had to learn and since she had to juggle her deputy duties along with everything else that a normal warrior did, she didn't want to risk having Blazepaw fall behind the other cats his age.
Auroraflame always kept one eye on her apprentice whilst she let her attention wander to other places at the same time. She focused on her even pawsteps which created a rhythm beneath her. She focused on the gentle breeze that weaved past the trees that stretched high towards the sky, their branches moving outwards and the leaves creating a ceiling that hid the sky. Blue patches of the sky could be seen through the leaves but forest had a green glow to it because of the lush undergrowth.
"Don't go too fast!" She called to Blazepaw. "You'll need your energy for today's lesson!" She was planning on doing some battle training with the tom today. As they entered the training plateau, she noticed that the area was pretty much empty. Auroraflame made her way towards the centre of the plateau. Seeing as no one was here, she may as well embrace the space. She sat down, tucking her paws in beneath her and resting her tail in front of her paws. She waited for Blazepaw to settle down and then she spoke. "Alright, for the lesson we'll be doing some battle training and I'm going to try and cover a few things," Auroraflame started. "First, we'll revise on the moves which use our front paws, and then I'll teach you the 'leap and hold'. Once we've done a bit of work on that we can brainstorm and work on techniques specifically for you if your opponent has you pinned on the ground," she continued. She gave him a few moments to make a comment and then she leaped to her paws and moved a few steps away from the tom. "Okay, I want you to attack me with sheathed paws and try and use your frontal attacks as much as possible. You can use the front paw blow and try and give me a hard knock on my head, or you could use the forepaw slash and try to claw me, or you could surprise me with some other move. Of course, remember to have your paws sheathed," she said, gazing down at him sternly as she said the last part. "At the same time we'll be dodging and focusing on protecting ourselves. Feel free to aim for whatever body part you want, but both of us can only use our front paws to make our attacks. If I believe the way you use your front paws to attack is good enough, we'll move on and think about defense against frontal attacks." She wanted to make sure that they covered everything before they moved onto something new. With that, Auroraflame moved into an attack crouch, baring her teeth and moving her back ankles up and down, ready to reach forward and swipe at her apprentice, but she waited for him to make the first move.

His ears flicked as the slight breeze carried her words to him, and he slowed a little, heeding her words. He wanted to do good at training, and he knew he should respect his mentor. She did know better than him after all. But he still held an air of his own “authority” about him. And he didn’t respect Auroraflame just because she was Skyclan’s deputy and his mentor. He respected her because he knew her. And she was a cat who he deemed earned his respect.
As he entered the training plateau, he paused, waiting for his dark-furred mentor to enter the area and tell him what the plan was for that day. He followed closely behind her as she passed him, walking to the middle of the plateau. As she mentioned what they would be working on today, he gave a smirk, excited about the day’s lesson. “Okay, sounds like a plan!” He meowed, an excited time in his voice as he dug his claws into the ground in anticipation.
As she described what they were going to start with, he nodded, his intense olive green gaze focused on her as his tail waved around in excitement. As Auroraflame repeated having claws sheathed, he sheared his claws which had been digging themselves into the dirt, lifting a paw to show her. “I’ll try my best to keep them sheathed.” He meowed, knowing that he could get carried away with adrenaline and accidentally hurt his mentor.
He listened to the rest of her words, then watched as she went and got into a ready attack stance. Frontal paw attacks.. okay. Auroraflame was a lot bigger then the small orange-furred tom, he hadn’t grown a lot yet, he was still in his younger apprentice moons. So he knew he’d have to use his back legs a lot to balance in while attacking, hopefully to give him some added height he needed to successfully combat his mentor. And I need to steer clear of her front legs. Blazepaw was all about surprising, so he let his eyes wander around for a moment, thinking about his attack.
Abruptly, the tom crouched and propelled himself forward, his large back haunches working to give him fast, long bounds towards the black-furred feline. At the last minute, he dug his front paws into the ground and pivoted, turning his back legs away from Auroraflame before planting them on the ground again, leaping forward at Auroraflame now from a different angle, his paws stretched outwards to attack, though claws safely sheathed.

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.
Old September 8th, 2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:

"We can do a couple. Like, if we know where our enemies are coming from, we can ambush them from the trees. I'm planning on teaching you that one today. But trees can also be used to our advantage because we can hide and recover up here while they aren't so used to the trees and fight on the ground." She looked at the ground. "But you might hurt yourself if you dont have something to land on." She said, looking at her apprentices shorter legs. Going down to the lowest branch, which was about a fox length from the ground, she jumped. She landed on a wild flower, and clawed with her front paws, while her back claws stayed rooted to the ground. "Did you see that?" She asked, looking up at her apprentice. "Go to the lowest branch, and jump at me. Just make sure to keep your claws sheathed." She warned.

Leopardpaw watched Dapplesplash hop down to the lowest branch, noticing her mentor's glance at her shorter legs. Digging her claws into the bark as she nodded as she watched her mentor, with great interest as she demonstrated the battle move. When Dapplesplash had looked back up at her she nodded meowing, "Okay." Climbing down to that lower branch she looked at her mentor, excitement filling her chest. Lowering her body closer to the branch, her shoulder twitching with anticipation before she leaped down at her mentor. She landed on the same patch of flowers, digging her hind claws into the ground rearing up a little bit as she swiped at her mentor, her claws carefully sheathed.
Old September 11th, 2018, 09:35 PM
Reach For The Stars

Quote:
Leopardpaw watched Dapplesplash hop down to the lowest branch, noticing her mentor's glance at her shorter legs. Digging her claws into the bark as she nodded as she watched her mentor, with great interest as she demonstrated the battle move. When Dapplesplash had looked back up at her she nodded meowing, "Okay." Climbing down to that lower branch she looked at her mentor, excitement filling her chest. Lowering her body closer to the branch, her shoulder twitching with anticipation before she leaped down at her mentor. She landed on the same patch of flowers, digging her hind claws into the ground rearing up a little bit as she swiped at her mentor, her claws carefully sheathed.
Dapplesplash, after many moons of training, could not resist to fight back. Keeping her claws sheathed and well aware of what she was about to do, she ducked under her apprentice's paws. She swiped them away as she dove, tumbling her apprentice off balance. Getting up she checked to make sure her apprentice was ok. "You fine?" She purred, her whiskers twitching in amusement. "I may have gotten a little carried away with myself."

No star is lost at all

Old September 11th, 2018, 09:48 PM

Quote:

Dapplesplash, after many moons of training, could not resist to fight back. Keeping her claws sheathed and well aware of what she was about to do, she ducked under her apprentice's paws. She swiped them away as she dove, tumbling her apprentice off balance. Getting up she checked to make sure her apprentice was ok. "You fine?" She purred, her whiskers twitching in amusement. "I may have gotten a little carried away with myself."
Leopardpaw got to her paws chirping, "I'm fine!" She was excited after seeing her mentor showing off her battle moves, knowing an enemy isn't going to sit around and get their ears clawed off they would fight back, she would have to move faster if she was going to be a great warrior one day. She flicked her knowing her mentor was having fun too," It's okay battle training is great! How was my attack?"

Last edited by Leopardblaze; September 11th, 2018 at 09:56 PM.
Old September 18th, 2018, 07:59 PM
Reach For The Stars

Quote:
Leopardpaw got to her paws chirping, "I'm fine!" She was excited after seeing her mentor showing off her battle moves, knowing an enemy isn't going to sit around and get their ears clawed off they would fight back, she would have to move faster if she was going to be a great warrior one day. She flicked her knowing her mentor was having fun too," It's okay battle training is great! How was my attack?"
Letting out a kit-like giggle, she finally was able to calm herself. "Great." Dapplesplash purred encouragingly. "But maybe try to swipe your front paws faster. Also, if you want to try something like that, you can fall down ontop of me and start batting me with your paws as if you were fighting a real enemy." She flicked her tail to the tree. "C'mon, go try."

No star is lost at all