Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ShadowClan > ShadowClan Events

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
How does WCO see you?
Last post by hermeswind
Today 02:05 AM
Secrets of Past Generations
Last post by Rustleaf
Today 01:44 AM
The House of Horrors...
by Dust
Last post by Dust
Today 01:31 AM
Converting your YouTube...
by nyx
Last post by Seamrog
Today 01:12 AM
Cutest Warrior Name?
by blxze.
Last post by rubberRatroom
Today 01:03 AM
Closed Thread

Old August 4th, 2017, 01:24 PM
WAFFLE TIME!

My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: ShadowClan Evacuation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyFlossCat View Post
@Silentshade
(I'm gonna say they're still on the little overhang from where we left off)

Vixenpaw still clung to the overhang, her eyes scanning the area around them for a way to get out of this place. Her heart was pounding loudly in her chest as she turned to Stormpaw. Wincing, she decided her plan. "We may have to swim to the exit of camp and follow the path everyone is taking, towards RiverClan!" She mewed to him, giving a tiny smile. "I'll help you, if you'll need it." She promised, determination to get out of camp shining in her eyes as she calmed her nerves. Vixenpaw wasn't one to get too nervous about things, but this, this was serious. Wails seemed to echo around her as she blinked and swallowed. Almost everyone was helping or evacuated, and she turned to Stormpaw. "Ready?" She asked, unwilling to leave without him.
Stormpaw nodded as he prepared to get back into the swirling water. "I'm- I'm ready, but the question is are you?" He make a feeble attempt at a joke, but his paws felt so heavy he didn't press it on. He scooted over so his black and gray pelt pressed up against her light ginger. It wasn't a huge comfort, seeing that they was both soaked, but there was still comfort. " Come on, if we want to make it, we have to go now. Death or getting sick doesn't wait for you to get dry and cozy." He mewed. Closing his eyes, he leaped. Cold! He hissed in his mind as the water struck his fur, yet again. The small apprentice felt himself start to be pulled away from Vixenpaw, the swirling water tugging at his fur. Help, help me! I'm not strong enough to fight the pull of the water! Suddenly another voice, calm and soothing, was in his head. "keep your head up, it's like running from the angry warriors, let your shoulders tighten, it will help you." Stormpaw did as the strange voice instructed, pretending he was running alongside Vixenpaw. Hey, strange voice, can you help me more? he thought as he squared his jaw, and began paddling to Vixenpaw's location. The voice was gone, and he was soon back at Vixenpaw's side. " Come on, I think I see where we can get out!" He said, waving his tail to where he could smell soaked cats from his clan.

And no that voice wasn't Starclan it was just his calmer side telling him what to do so he wouldn't be joining starclan
Old August 4th, 2017, 01:59 PM
chirps

Quote:
Originally Posted by woly View Post
Normally Daypaw would have made a snarky retort to Minkpaws words, snapping at them for even speaking to them that way. But every last bit of energy of Daypaw was being drained quickly. They let water ooze out of their mouth as Minkpaw pressed their paws against their chest. They avoided her gaze. They didnt speak, didnt say anything. What was there to even say? SO much was happening at the moment. They could feel the vibrations in the ground from the thunder, they could feel the rain splatter against their pelt and run down their fur. They fell limp under Minkpaws touch. There was no drive in them anymore. But soon enough,the enbys back arched, lungs heaving as they threw up nothing but dark brown,murky water. Not one piece of food. It only kept raining, and Daypaw knew if they didnt get to higher ground the stable place they were on would soon be flooded too. They laid on their side now, face against the cool mud, amber eyes lidded. Water was still in their lungs, but enough was out that they could now breath. Their sides rising and falling weakly.¨Go ahead without me.¨ their voice trembled. They had no point to live anymore. What was the point in living if there was nothing to live for? Their father? Dead. Their mother? Disowned because of their own pettiness. Their siblings? To busy with themselves, and Daypaw couldnt blame them. What was the point in living? So the clan can be healed by you? Use your skills in order to heal themselves and get better, but bash you the next moment. In the few moons they have been a medicine cat they faced many discriminating cats. Cats who hated them and gave them a bad time simply because of what Daypaw felt. It hurt. To be forced to heal a cat that hated you for being yourself. To be able to barely sleep at night, and when you do youre faced with nothing but nightmares and no one for comfort? They had never felt more alone. The back of their head throbbed, blood trickling down from under their left ear. They closed their eyes. ¨You´ll have more of a chance to live if youre not carrying me on your back. Theres no point.¨ Their tone wasnt somber but matter of fact, furrowing their brows and trying not to breakdown. Minkpaw shouldnt waste their energy on them. They are nothing. They are nothing but a screw up who cant do anything right and pushes cats away because they get scared. They were nothing but a low life molly who claims to be non binary, an unnatural way of life that they would never hear the end of. Minkpaw was an apprentice, she had a mentor, she had training to do, she would be a warrior and maybe have kits one day. She had so much to live for. The only thing Daypaw had to live for died.

Minkpaw scrunched her face up, nose withdrawing back and ears flattening slightly. She was horrified at the pure lack of will that wept from Daypaw’s words. Each syllable was laced with distraught and hopelessness. She didn’t know the medicine cat too well, but they were Kestrelberry’s successor, her uncle, and she felt some strong desire to help them. She herself didn’t have a lot of friends in the Clan – a side effect of speaking her mind even when she had the unpopular opinion – and most cats avoided her. Rarely did anyone stay long enough to see past the rough edges and the jagged points of her personality. But something struck inside of her that Daypaw might be feeling a bit of that too. It took someone who pushed others away to know the same; this was clearly the case with Daypaw. And if I’m wrong, well, StarClan knock me dead, she thought with a small chuckle.

“Listen up,” she snapped, her tone taking over one of authority and sternness. “There is no way I am leaving you here to drown. You got that? So stop whining.” With that, she let out a huff and lowered herself down parallel to them. Minkpaw took a few deep breaths – mostly to warn her muscles of the trails that lay ahead for them – before sinking down and sliding her back underneath the medicine cat. She turned her head, locking her sharp teeth into their scruff once more and pulling back diagonally, evenly positioning the apprentice onto her back. They still felt rather limp, and Minkpaw worried for a second whether or not Kestrelberry could help her – after all, her knowledge of herbs was slim to none.

“Alright, you ready?” she asked, breathing heavily and not really expecting an answer from the half-drowned feline. A small growl left her maw as she heaved herself upwards, muscles once more shaking as she lifted the practically lifeless apprentice on her back. Once she was up and took a few steps, the momentum made it easier to carry Daypaw, and she didn’t let her mind stick on the few times she almost lost her footing; instead, Minkpaw kept her gaze fixated forward, a determined look flashing in her eyes like lightning. “Hey, when we get to RiverClan we could try to push the RiverClan apprentices in the river,” she mewed, a tiny laugh accompanying the sentence. She wasn’t one to normally make jokes to lighten the mood, but she didn’t want the ShadowClan medicine cat to feel as though they were alone in this dire situation; if it was the last thing Minkpaw did, she would get them out of here safe and alive.

After a couple pawsteps, she felt the ground begin to harden and slope upwards. It was getting harder to carry the apprentice on her back as their weight, along with the mud caked in her own fur, weighed her down significantly. She barred her teeth, blinking against the tiny rain droplets that landed above her eyes. “Okay, Daypaw, gonna need you to help out a bit. You up for that? It’s just a few pawholds until the top. I can be right behind you if you slip.” Minkpaw turned her head to look at the glazed apprentice, a look of faith crossing her gaze. “I know you still have some fight in you; you’re a ShadowClanner! You have to have fight,” she gasped, hoping that Daypaw would hear the sincerity in her voice. It was an uncomfortable situation for Minkpaw to be in since she rarely was ever friendly or nice, but something felt different. Almost as if an invisible force was calling out to her to save Daypaw…
Old August 4th, 2017, 02:31 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost View Post

Escaping a flood was difficult enough for a cat with sight. They had at least a faint idea of where they were heading, but Lostpaw was completely clueless. She had no idea where she was, if anyone else was around her. She could feel water pooling around her, trying to knock her over and drown her. It was nearing her shoulders, as she was shorter than most cats. She was shivering, partly from cold but mostly from fear.
At first she had managed to keep up with everyone else and rush out of camp and follow the splattering footsteps. But then she tripped, and no one had noticed. She tried to go in the direction she thought she heard cats moving, but the water was starting to build up, and the rain was pelting and drowning out her hearing. She was deaf as well as blind. Every cat was soaked and thus it was extremely hard to scent anyone. If she focused she could, but it was so hard to focus.
The only thought racing through her mind was that she would die. She also thought of Badgerpaw, wondering if he had made it to safety. She hoped he did, that he would be alright. If she died, he had to make it. He was destined for great things, not her.
After standing in one place long enough for the water to reach her shoulders, she finally started to try and move. It was hard to keep steady and race against the water but she found a way to keep moving at a slow pace. It wasn't fast enough to make enough progress that she stood a chance at saving herself. She was probably heading closer to the flood, not away from it.
And then there was this noise in the distance, not far in front of her at all. A simple name being shouted above the roar of noise that Lostpaw was drowning in.
A cat was calling her name. It was Badgerpaw.
What is he doing? He should be trying to escape! It was weird, but the first thing she felt was anger. How could he risk his life to come back for her? He could die, along with her. He had to get out. But then she was relieved, because there was actually a cat that was concerned about her in this mess.
A new energy went through her and she picked up her pace, stumbling a bit at first but starting to go faster to reach her best friend. "Badgerpaw!" She cried out, suddenly finding a root and stumbling. She was terrified she was going to fall, knowing that if she did there would be no stopping her from disappearing and drowning.
Somehow she managed to stay standing, but she had to stop walking to compose herself once more. With the knowledge that her friend was on his way, she wasn't as scared, but she was still shaken. She had no idea where she was, or where anything would be when she moved a muscle. She was frozen again, but the next step she took could be her lost.
"Badgerpaw!" She called out again, her voice breaking as she said his name. The terror she was feeling was clear in that simple name.
Even Badgerpaw felt blind in that rain. The haze made it almost impossible to see through, and he felt as though he were getting a glimpse into what things must be like for Lostpaw. The noise was deafening, fear scent was everywhere along with a disgusting muddy scent that made the black and white feline wrinkle his nose in disgust. "Lostpaw!!" He called out again, trying to find his friend. She must be terrified. Probably more then he was, which was saying something. He heard his name called through the rain and the shouts of the frightened warriors, apprentices and kits... he could hear the terror behind the voice. Lostpaw. Without another thought, the tom padded quickly along the slippery ground, hoping that he wouldn't slip at any second. His fur was still dirty and gross, and before he might have stopped in hopes that the rain would clean it, but he was not only smarter now - he was more willing to help others. There were cats who could use help in this type of weather.

But right now, Lostpaw was the only one he cared about finding. They all had other friends. He only had Lostpaw. She was his best friend, and if he lost her... life would begin to lose it's shine. As it had those few moons ago. The apprentice blinked water out of his yellow eyes, searching, hoping he could find her... there! She was frozen, and he heard her call him again. Badgerpaw wanted to run towards her, but even in his fear for her, there was common sense that if he did so he would most likely slip into the water below. And getting both of them out of this alive was his goal here.

"I've got you... I've got you, Lostpaw, I've got you..."

His voice was calm, gentle, soothing as he came up alongside the grey apprentice. He had her. He wasn't about to let her slip and fall, and he wasn't going to let anything happen to himself either. They needed each other. If he fell, Lostpaw would be sad and his hope to save her wouldn't have much meaning anymore, and if she fell, then he would lose the shine in his life. They both would make it out of here alive. This was the type of experience that grew bonds, that resulted in lifelong friendships. Badgerpaw already thought of Lostpaw as his friend for life, but this would grow that bond even more. His yellow eyes searched her expression for anything. Any sign of anything.

"I've got you. You aren't going to fall, c'mon, we have to go..."

He told her, his voice sounding less confident then it had a little while ago. He didn't feel very confident whatsoever. He was nervous. He was anxious. He could feel the fear bubbling up in his chest and he was doubting that they were going to get out of this alive... but if they didn't... maybe he could find the courage to tell her in StarClan that he liked her. A lot. That he loved her, even, that he wished he had had the courage on earth... no. They couldn't die. They couldn't. He had to tell her before they died, and if something were to happen - perhaps he should tell her now? Or should they concentrate on getting out of here? Badgerpaw stood, waiting for Lostpaw to be unfrozen so the two of them could make it out of here.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old August 4th, 2017, 03:08 PM
help i'm lost

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Even Badgerpaw felt blind in that rain. The haze made it almost impossible to see through, and he felt as though he were getting a glimpse into what things must be like for Lostpaw. The noise was deafening, fear scent was everywhere along with a disgusting muddy scent that made the black and white feline wrinkle his nose in disgust. "Lostpaw!!" He called out again, trying to find his friend. She must be terrified. Probably more then he was, which was saying something. He heard his name called through the rain and the shouts of the frightened warriors, apprentices and kits... he could hear the terror behind the voice. Lostpaw. Without another thought, the tom padded quickly along the slippery ground, hoping that he wouldn't slip at any second. His fur was still dirty and gross, and before he might have stopped in hopes that the rain would clean it, but he was not only smarter now - he was more willing to help others. There were cats who could use help in this type of weather.

But right now, Lostpaw was the only one he cared about finding. They all had other friends. He only had Lostpaw. She was his best friend, and if he lost her... life would begin to lose it's shine. As it had those few moons ago. The apprentice blinked water out of his yellow eyes, searching, hoping he could find her... there! She was frozen, and he heard her call him again. Badgerpaw wanted to run towards her, but even in his fear for her, there was common sense that if he did so he would most likely slip into the water below. And getting both of them out of this alive was his goal here.

"I've got you... I've got you, Lostpaw, I've got you..."

His voice was calm, gentle, soothing as he came up alongside the grey apprentice. He had her. He wasn't about to let her slip and fall, and he wasn't going to let anything happen to himself either. They needed each other. If he fell, Lostpaw would be sad and his hope to save her wouldn't have much meaning anymore, and if she fell, then he would lose the shine in his life. They both would make it out of here alive. This was the type of experience that grew bonds, that resulted in lifelong friendships. Badgerpaw already thought of Lostpaw as his friend for life, but this would grow that bond even more. His yellow eyes searched her expression for anything. Any sign of anything.

"I've got you. You aren't going to fall, c'mon, we have to go..."

He told her, his voice sounding less confident then it had a little while ago. He didn't feel very confident whatsoever. He was nervous. He was anxious. He could feel the fear bubbling up in his chest and he was doubting that they were going to get out of this alive... but if they didn't... maybe he could find the courage to tell her in StarClan that he liked her. A lot. That he loved her, even, that he wished he had had the courage on earth... no. They couldn't die. They couldn't. He had to tell her before they died, and if something were to happen - perhaps he should tell her now? Or should they concentrate on getting out of here? Badgerpaw stood, waiting for Lostpaw to be unfrozen so the two of them could make it out of here.
At first, she didn't know he was there at her side. She was drowning in her fear, trying to work up the courage to take a step forward. But suddenly his voice filed her ears, drowning everything out. He was there. He was with her. He had her, he wouldn't let her fall, he would keep her safe. And as soon as she processed that he was here now, she relaxed. The fear started to fade, and her senses started to recover.
He's here.... He's here.
The thought overcame her for a moment and she found herself stumbling to him, pushing her head into his soaked fur and holding back a choked sob. Being with him was forcing her to emotions to spill over, and she could only cry in an insane relief that he was there now.
"Badgerpaw, thank StarClan." She was shaking terribly now. "Badgerpaw, I was so scared. I didn't... I couldn't figure out where I was, where anyone was. I can't see, I can hardly hear. The rain and overwhelming fear is blocking my nose... Oh, Badgerpaw. Thank StarClan you are here." She was rambling, trying to express her relief that he had come for her, but not sure how to exactly word it. perhaps she should have waited to tell him how excited she was for when they were safe, but nothing was making sense and she was clueless.
After a few more moments of hiding her face in his pelt, she finally pulled away carefully. "Okay... okay. We need to go, right? Let's... Let's go." She didn't move though, knowing any step could be her last she had to wait for Badgerpaw to lead her along. With him at her side, she would be able to make her way out of this chaos.
She was still rather blind to everything, but all of her senses were locked onto Badgerpaw. Even though he was soaked and his emotions were pooling from him, she could locate him in a heartbeat. As long as he was there, she could see at last a little.
Would he always be by her side? She wished he would be, but there would be a time when another cat needed him more... A she-cat, his future mate. And then his kits later on. They wouldn't be as close anymore, when he has to focus his attention on his family. Unless she was his future mate. She desperately wished that it was her that would be his family. Perhaps she should tell him now, in case she does get taken by the flood. So he would at least know she loves him. But... would it be worth it? If she lives, everything will be awkward if she tells him how she feels.
Old August 4th, 2017, 03:28 PM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

Bump Policy: if i ever actually post again
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentshade View Post
Stormpaw nodded as he prepared to get back into the swirling water. "I'm- I'm ready, but the question is are you?" He make a feeble attempt at a joke, but his paws felt so heavy he didn't press it on. He scooted over so his black and gray pelt pressed up against her light ginger. It wasn't a huge comfort, seeing that they was both soaked, but there was still comfort. " Come on, if we want to make it, we have to go now. Death or getting sick doesn't wait for you to get dry and cozy." He mewed. Closing his eyes, he leaped. Cold! He hissed in his mind as the water struck his fur, yet again. The small apprentice felt himself start to be pulled away from Vixenpaw, the swirling water tugging at his fur. Help, help me! I'm not strong enough to fight the pull of the water! Suddenly another voice, calm and soothing, was in his head. "keep your head up, it's like running from the angry warriors, let your shoulders tighten, it will help you." Stormpaw did as the strange voice instructed, pretending he was running alongside Vixenpaw. Hey, strange voice, can you help me more? he thought as he squared his jaw, and began paddling to Vixenpaw's location. The voice was gone, and he was soon back at Vixenpaw's side. " Come on, I think I see where we can get out!" He said, waving his tail to where he could smell soaked cats from his clan.

And no that voice wasn't Starclan it was just his calmer side telling him what to do so he wouldn't be joining starclan

Vixenpaw swallowed, unsure if she could answer the question he asked. "Y-Yeah, I think so." The ginger female spoke, nodding slightly. She smiled at his little attempt, but it was weak and shakey. Vixenpaw shook off her nerves, determiened to be alive. She turned, her smile growing ever-so-slightly. It gave her a tiny bit of comfort, usually it'd do much more, but it was an effort she appreciated. "Right" she mewed, the other options were unappealing. Death was the worst, and she shuddered and gave a tiny nod. COLD COLD COLD! She thought, biting her bottom lip. Her fur was plastered to her sides, her ears were pinned back and her limbs flailing in the water. She turned to Stormpaw, taking a deep breath and trying to reach Stormpaw. She swam as best as she could but she wasn't the greatest. "Stormpaw!" She wailed, her eyes closed as water sloshed at his face. She bit her lip, glancing around as her limbs flailed quickly in the water. Vixenpaw took her chances and continued towards her best friend, swallowing her doubts. The young ginger met up with him soon, smiling slightly that he was safe and continuing to swim at a decent place. Vixenpaw could almost see the exit in her mind, grassy and solid ground under her paws. "Good!" She wailed, following him and chewing on her cheek. She smelled ShadowClan, grateful.
Old August 4th, 2017, 05:55 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:

At first, she didn't know he was there at her side. She was drowning in her fear, trying to work up the courage to take a step forward. But suddenly his voice filed her ears, drowning everything out. He was there. He was with her. He had her, he wouldn't let her fall, he would keep her safe. And as soon as she processed that he was here now, she relaxed. The fear started to fade, and her senses started to recover.
He's here.... He's here.
The thought overcame her for a moment and she found herself stumbling to him, pushing her head into his soaked fur and holding back a choked sob. Being with him was forcing her to emotions to spill over, and she could only cry in an insane relief that he was there now.
"Badgerpaw, thank StarClan." She was shaking terribly now. "Badgerpaw, I was so scared. I didn't... I couldn't figure out where I was, where anyone was. I can't see, I can hardly hear. The rain and overwhelming fear is blocking my nose... Oh, Badgerpaw. Thank StarClan you are here." She was rambling, trying to express her relief that he had come for her, but not sure how to exactly word it. perhaps she should have waited to tell him how excited she was for when they were safe, but nothing was making sense and she was clueless.
After a few more moments of hiding her face in his pelt, she finally pulled away carefully. "Okay... okay. We need to go, right? Let's... Let's go." She didn't move though, knowing any step could be her last she had to wait for Badgerpaw to lead her along. With him at her side, she would be able to make her way out of this chaos.
She was still rather blind to everything, but all of her senses were locked onto Badgerpaw. Even though he was soaked and his emotions were pooling from him, she could locate him in a heartbeat. As long as he was there, she could see at last a little.
Would he always be by her side? She wished he would be, but there would be a time when another cat needed him more... A she-cat, his future mate. And then his kits later on. They wouldn't be as close anymore, when he has to focus his attention on his family. Unless she was his future mate. She desperately wished that it was her that would be his family. Perhaps she should tell him now, in case she does get taken by the flood. So he would at least know she loves him. But... would it be worth it? If she lives, everything will be awkward if she tells him how she feels.
"Shh, it's okay, it's okay. I've got you. It's going to be okay." He needed to soothe Lostpaw's fear somehow. He needed to make her feel as though he were protecting her, keeping her safe, and giving her the love that she deserved. Someday she would have a mate. A good mate who would take care of her and give her what she needed. Someday she would have kits who would follow in her pawsteps, and they would be just as perfect as she was to him. Badgerpaw would have a family as well, a mate whom he hoped was just as amazing as Lostpaw was - if that was possible - and kits whom he hoped would be able to have good relationships. Whom he hoped wouldn't make the mistake of ever letting their best friends go.

He remembered making that mistake. It was something that shouldn't have happened, and it might have resulted in wrecking his future relationship. Even though he felt like their relationship was strong, was it? He wanted it to be. He wanted to believe that even when they had families, even if they went their seperate ways... they could be close. Badgerpaw didn't really want another mate. He wanted to be with her. Just her. He wanted his kits to be theirs, to have Lostpaw's beauty and fun-loving personality and his yellow eyes... for them to have his black and white pelt would not be objected against, either.

"Yeah." Was the only word that he could manage to say as he kept by her side. The whole time he curled his tail around her own, doing his best to make her feel secure even in this frightening situation. The whole time he kept his pelt pressed against hers, grimy and drenched though it was, in an attempt to have her know that he was there for her. The whole time his yellow hues were fixed ahead, his ears struggling to hear where other cats were and tired body wishing he could just lay down and sleep, but his heart and mind stayed with Lostpaw. Focusing on her. Thinking about her. Thinking about if she was okay and if she felt like she could make it. Heck, if Badgerpaw needed to, he would lift her up and carry her to RiverClan himself. Anything to make sure that his best friend and himself made it. They needed to make it. While he was willing to die for her in a heartbeat, that wasn't going to help anyone here. Thinking logically, it would probably end up killing her... because she had told him over and over how special he was to her. And he knew if Lostpaw were to die, it would slowly kill him as well.

No one could fill the bond that he and Lostpaw had forever, and while he might be able to fill it in partly for a long while or fully momentarily, it wouldn't be able to stay that way for very long. Badgerpaw knew it. He was just going to have to be careful with the cat who meant so much to him and himself. At this point, they were both fragile. They could both be broken. And he wanted to make sure that wouldn't happen.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old August 4th, 2017, 09:00 PM
help i'm lost

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
"Shh, it's okay, it's okay. I've got you. It's going to be okay." He needed to soothe Lostpaw's fear somehow. He needed to make her feel as though he were protecting her, keeping her safe, and giving her the love that she deserved. Someday she would have a mate. A good mate who would take care of her and give her what she needed. Someday she would have kits who would follow in her pawsteps, and they would be just as perfect as she was to him. Badgerpaw would have a family as well, a mate whom he hoped was just as amazing as Lostpaw was - if that was possible - and kits whom he hoped would be able to have good relationships. Whom he hoped wouldn't make the mistake of ever letting their best friends go.

He remembered making that mistake. It was something that shouldn't have happened, and it might have resulted in wrecking his future relationship. Even though he felt like their relationship was strong, was it? He wanted it to be. He wanted to believe that even when they had families, even if they went their seperate ways... they could be close. Badgerpaw didn't really want another mate. He wanted to be with her. Just her. He wanted his kits to be theirs, to have Lostpaw's beauty and fun-loving personality and his yellow eyes... for them to have his black and white pelt would not be objected against, either.

"Yeah." Was the only word that he could manage to say as he kept by her side. The whole time he curled his tail around her own, doing his best to make her feel secure even in this frightening situation. The whole time he kept his pelt pressed against hers, grimy and drenched though it was, in an attempt to have her know that he was there for her. The whole time his yellow hues were fixed ahead, his ears struggling to hear where other cats were and tired body wishing he could just lay down and sleep, but his heart and mind stayed with Lostpaw. Focusing on her. Thinking about her. Thinking about if she was okay and if she felt like she could make it. Heck, if Badgerpaw needed to, he would lift her up and carry her to RiverClan himself. Anything to make sure that his best friend and himself made it. They needed to make it. While he was willing to die for her in a heartbeat, that wasn't going to help anyone here. Thinking logically, it would probably end up killing her... because she had told him over and over how special he was to her. And he knew if Lostpaw were to die, it would slowly kill him as well.

No one could fill the bond that he and Lostpaw had forever, and while he might be able to fill it in partly for a long while or fully momentarily, it wouldn't be able to stay that way for very long. Badgerpaw knew it. He was just going to have to be careful with the cat who meant so much to him and himself. At this point, they were both fragile. They could both be broken. And he wanted to make sure that wouldn't happen.
His reassurance that everyone would be okay made her feel even better, and she found a new confidence to press on wards, sticking close to him as they begun to move. Perhaps she was a bit too close to him, but she didn't care. In fact, she would have moved closer if it wouldn't have made traveling difficult.
Taking a deep breath, his scent teased her nose and a small smile formed on her face for a short while. The fact that he was at her side was calming her nerves immensely. Being with him always was an amazing experience, but after today things seemed to have changed. It was as if she needed him in order to feel secure, in order to forget about the world and live a happy life. Without him, she was nothing. This experience just proved the fact.
Turning her heads towards him, her eyes would be narrowed in deep concentration if they were present. There was a debate going on inside her head as she was trying to figure out what to say. Should she tell him what he has done to her, what he makes her feel? She should thank him for coming back for her. That would be a start.
"Uhm.. Badgerpaw, thank you. Thank you for coming back for me." She paused, trying to think of what to say. Suddenly she started rambling at a fast rate. "And, I guess. Thanks for always being there for me, it really means a lot. Because you mean so so much to me, and it's a great feeling to have you by my side at any given time. This probably isn't the right time to say this stuff but I'm extremely nervous for a lot of reasons. But anyway, you make me really happy and I really want to have you by my side for the rest of my life. And you are an amazing cat, so thank you for saving me. Even though we aren't exactly safe from the flood yet. Just... thank you, Badgerpaw. For everything."
Lostpaw had no idea what she even said in that fast ramble, but she was sure it was something she shouldn't have said.
Old August 4th, 2017, 09:11 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post

Minkpaw scrunched her face up, nose withdrawing back and ears flattening slightly. She was horrified at the pure lack of will that wept from Daypaw’s words. Each syllable was laced with distraught and hopelessness. She didn’t know the medicine cat too well, but they were Kestrelberry’s successor, her uncle, and she felt some strong desire to help them. She herself didn’t have a lot of friends in the Clan – a side effect of speaking her mind even when she had the unpopular opinion – and most cats avoided her. Rarely did anyone stay long enough to see past the rough edges and the jagged points of her personality. But something struck inside of her that Daypaw might be feeling a bit of that too. It took someone who pushed others away to know the same; this was clearly the case with Daypaw. And if I’m wrong, well, StarClan knock me dead, she thought with a small chuckle.

“Listen up,” she snapped, her tone taking over one of authority and sternness. “There is no way I am leaving you here to drown. You got that? So stop whining.” With that, she let out a huff and lowered herself down parallel to them. Minkpaw took a few deep breaths – mostly to warn her muscles of the trails that lay ahead for them – before sinking down and sliding her back underneath the medicine cat. She turned her head, locking her sharp teeth into their scruff once more and pulling back diagonally, evenly positioning the apprentice onto her back. They still felt rather limp, and Minkpaw worried for a second whether or not Kestrelberry could help her – after all, her knowledge of herbs was slim to none.

“Alright, you ready?” she asked, breathing heavily and not really expecting an answer from the half-drowned feline. A small growl left her maw as she heaved herself upwards, muscles once more shaking as she lifted the practically lifeless apprentice on her back. Once she was up and took a few steps, the momentum made it easier to carry Daypaw, and she didn’t let her mind stick on the few times she almost lost her footing; instead, Minkpaw kept her gaze fixated forward, a determined look flashing in her eyes like lightning. “Hey, when we get to RiverClan we could try to push the RiverClan apprentices in the river,” she mewed, a tiny laugh accompanying the sentence. She wasn’t one to normally make jokes to lighten the mood, but she didn’t want the ShadowClan medicine cat to feel as though they were alone in this dire situation; if it was the last thing Minkpaw did, she would get them out of here safe and alive.

After a couple pawsteps, she felt the ground begin to harden and slope upwards. It was getting harder to carry the apprentice on her back as their weight, along with the mud caked in her own fur, weighed her down significantly. She barred her teeth, blinking against the tiny rain droplets that landed above her eyes. “Okay, Daypaw, gonna need you to help out a bit. You up for that? It’s just a few pawholds until the top. I can be right behind you if you slip.” Minkpaw turned her head to look at the glazed apprentice, a look of faith crossing her gaze. “I know you still have some fight in you; you’re a ShadowClanner! You have to have fight,” she gasped, hoping that Daypaw would hear the sincerity in her voice. It was an uncomfortable situation for Minkpaw to be in since she rarely was ever friendly or nice, but something felt different. Almost as if an invisible force was calling out to her to save Daypaw…
Daypaw gave a small huff at the feeling of being thrown onto the apprentices back. They let their limbs dangle limply as they were carried. She cracked jokes, Daypaw didnt respond. Instead relaxing and closing their eyes. They wanted out. They wanted to be useful to the clan. They wanted to go back with what they were meant to be for. A warrior. They focused on the rain digging in their pelt, the ice cold chill that ran down their spine. Daypaw, the cat that always had something to say back, that was snappy but put other cats lives before theirs, couldnt come up with words. They didnt know why Minkpaw was saving them. They werent worth being saved. It wasnt worth Minkpaw risking her life for them because they were being difficult. They gave a small groan when being let down, paws feeling the familiar mud. They were standing now, legs slightly shaking. Their paw ached from the claw missing, blood mixing with the mud. They looked up.

They saw the familiar top of the hill. They only saw it moments ago before they fell off of the hill. It felt so familiar. Digging their claws in the mud they said nothing to Minkpaw. They didnt say thank you or any reassurance. They were embarrassed. Embarrassed that Daypaw had a cat almost risk their life for them because they didnt want to live. They were selfish. Their tail twitched, giving them balance against the mudslide they had to climb up again. They closed their eyes and let out a shaky breath. Unlacthing one of their paws they took another step upwards, hauling their body with them. They let out a hiss of pain each time, eyes lidded trying to block out the rain pouring against them. It seemed impossible. They wanted to just let go again. To let the wind thread through their fur as they would fall back again into the murky water. But they knew if they let go again and fell Minkpaw would go after them.

They closed their eyes, ears pinned back to their head as they focused on their mind. They focused on Cricketpaw. She would be at the top,right? She had to be. She had to. Daypaw thought of Lucky, a shecat they had rescused awhile ago and have been growing fond of. They thought of their siblings, they loved them so much. Even if Daypaw didnt know it anymore. They hauled themselves up once more, letting out a sound that was a mixture of a yelp and a whimper. Their head pounded. Their claws felt like they were going to fall out, one by one. Their lungs still felt heavy, each time they took a breath it gargled, water dripping from their mouth still. Their body was exhausted form how many times they climbed up and down this hill, getting cats to safety and their patients to higher ground. They didnt care. They werent doing this for themselves, they were doing this because it seemed that every other cat wanted them to live. They hauled themselves up once more, a few more steps until they were at the top.
Old August 4th, 2017, 09:39 PM
chirps

Quote:
Originally Posted by woly View Post
Daypaw gave a small huff at the feeling of being thrown onto the apprentices back. They let their limbs dangle limply as they were carried. She cracked jokes, Daypaw didnt respond. Instead relaxing and closing their eyes. They wanted out. They wanted to be useful to the clan. They wanted to go back with what they were meant to be for. A warrior. They focused on the rain digging in their pelt, the ice cold chill that ran down their spine. Daypaw, the cat that always had something to say back, that was snappy but put other cats lives before theirs, couldnt come up with words. They didnt know why Minkpaw was saving them. They werent worth being saved. It wasnt worth Minkpaw risking her life for them because they were being difficult. They gave a small groan when being let down, paws feeling the familiar mud. They were standing now, legs slightly shaking. Their paw ached from the claw missing, blood mixing with the mud. They looked up.

They saw the familiar top of the hill. They only saw it moments ago before they fell off of the hill. It felt so familiar. Digging their claws in the mud they said nothing to Minkpaw. They didnt say thank you or any reassurance. They were embarrassed. Embarrassed that Daypaw had a cat almost risk their life for them because they didnt want to live. They were selfish. Their tail twitched, giving them balance against the mudslide they had to climb up again. They closed their eyes and let out a shaky breath. Unlacthing one of their paws they took another step upwards, hauling their body with them. They let out a hiss of pain each time, eyes lidded trying to block out the rain pouring against them. It seemed impossible. They wanted to just let go again. To let the wind thread through their fur as they would fall back again into the murky water. But they knew if they let go again and fell Minkpaw would go after them.

They closed their eyes, ears pinned back to their head as they focused on their mind. They focused on Cricketpaw. She would be at the top,right? She had to be. She had to. Daypaw thought of Lucky, a shecat they had rescused awhile ago and have been growing fond of. They thought of their siblings, they loved them so much. Even if Daypaw didnt know it anymore. They hauled themselves up once more, letting out a sound that was a mixture of a yelp and a whimper. Their head pounded. Their claws felt like they were going to fall out, one by one. Their lungs still felt heavy, each time they took a breath it gargled, water dripping from their mouth still. Their body was exhausted form how many times they climbed up and down this hill, getting cats to safety and their patients to higher ground. They didnt care. They werent doing this for themselves, they were doing this because it seemed that every other cat wanted them to live. They hauled themselves up once more, a few more steps until they were at the top.
(tbh i am really excited to develop this lil friendship between the two eeeep)

Minkpaw turned her heard to one side, watching with pride as Daypaw began to regain a little of their gusto, a little bit of life flowing back into their expression. "There you go," she breathed, heart thumping in her chest as she clung to the vision of them both making it to the top of the hill, being safe and standing with the rest of the Clan. Both were strong apprentices in their own right - Minkpaw with her warrior training, and Daypaw with their ability to endlessly give - and deserved to be standing up there, regardless of what the medicine cat had previously thought. She felt into line behind him, taking slow pawsteps up the side of the muddy hill, ears flat and eyes narrowed in concentration, making sure each paw had ahold of the brown surface before hauling herself up.

Despite the concentration that was needed to complete the daunting task still ahead of her, Minkpaw couldn't help but feel a trickle of grief slip down her heart. Their home, their way of life, had just been wiped out by a flood. It had barely been raining the day before - if anything, yes it was a little unusual for Greenleaf. But never in her wildest thoughts had the she-cat thought they would be forced out of their home by the one thing that provided the life all around them. I wonder what StarClan is thinking... she thought to herself, pausing a bit on her ascent up the hill. It bothered her that their ancestors had been relatively silent during this whole torrential storm - Daypaw hadn't spoken a word of confirmation that the starry furred cats even knew of the wreckage. Her heart hardened a bit, and each muscle flexed involuntarily at a surprise wave of anger that overtook her.

Not realizing that her back foreleg wasn't as sturdy as it should be, the dark furred she-cat tried to push up, only to find herself falling backwards. She let out a yelp as her other back leg arched up, forepaws scrambling to keep her from falling completely back down. It didn't take long for Minkpaw to secure her grip on the muddy wall once more. Her heart pounded in her chest as blood rushed to her head, making her a bit dizzy and lightheaded. "Focus," she told herself, slowly reopening her eyes and looking ahead. Daypaw had almost made it to the top, and she wasn't about to let them get there alone. Using the last ounce of strength she had left, the apprentice surged forward, coming right up to Daypaw's side. "We got this, I believe in you," she huffed through barred teeth, casting a firm glance the medicine cats way before looking back. One last reach upwards, and she was scrambling onto even ground. Higher ground. She blinked, allowing herself to stand. "We did it..." she whispered, mostly to herself, before looking over her shoulder to make sure Daypaw wasn't in need of any assistance.

A sadness seemed to hang over Cricketpaw as she watched the ShadowClanners scramble for safety. Kits and elders wailed out for help, while warriors and apprentices worked tirelessly together to get every cat to higher ground. Each time a patch of dirt broke loose, or some cat lost their footing, a shriek would echo through the now crumpled camp walls, traveling out into the forest and territory beyond. Everywhere she looked was destruction, and anger swirled deep within her that her healing skills were useless. Her heart ached from the heavy amount of guilt she felt; once the remaining survivors reached RiverClan's camp, Geckoleaf would be all alone treating them. "I should've fought harder to stay... I shouldn't be letting her handle this on her own," she murmured, to no one in particular. It didn't necessarily matter; no cat would be able to hear her anyway. The sky seemed to be getting darker with each passing moment, and as the Bengal looked up, she could no longer see her home; StarClan. Being relatively new to the "afterlife", she couldn't quite grasp the fact that in no way could the starry ancestors intervene. They couldn't offer their services, or at least warn the Clan's medicine cats of the coming destruction. It rocked her formerly solid beliefs to the core, and was thankful that at least Northpath seemed to share a bit of the same confusion as her.

Cricketpaw let a soft sigh slip from her closed maw, ears drooping a bit at the tragedy that was staring down the once formidable cats of ShadowClan. She swept her gaze across, trying to catch sight once more of Daypaw and Minkpaw. Fortunately, her attempt to make the apprentice notice the struggling medicine cat had succeeded, and a bit of relief washed over her as she now saw them both struggling up the side of the last hill. "Come on Daypaw! Fight!" she yowled, bounding over to them in a flurry of spotted fur. Not an inch of mud was on her, and she almost felt bad at how freely she could practically prance over to the top of the hill that the two apprentices were working to tackle. She stared down at them, blue eyes shimmering with admiration - mainly, though, they were focused on Daypaw. She knew of their nightmares - she was in StarClan, after all - and her heart weighed heavily with guilt that she could do nothing to stop them. But watching them fight to live, fight to get back to helping their Clan... A smile formed on the deceased medicine cat apprentice's face. I knew you could do it. Don't worry, StarClan isn't coming for you just yet, she thought, her smile growing wider until she was practically beaming.

Once Minkpaw had made it up, sides heaving with the effort it took, the StarClan apprentice stepped back, not wanting to test the fact of them knowing she was there by occupying the same living space as them. She observed as Minkpaw glanced behind her, worry crossing the apprentices gaze as she waited for Daypaw. The same fretful feeling fluttered like butterflies in Cricketpaw's chest as she eagerly awaited Daypaw's head to pop up over the top, for them to pull themselves onto the same stable ground. She knew she was pushing the limits by remaining in the living world for so long, but she had to be sure that her old friend was safe before anything else. She'd probably get an earful from the older StarClan warriors once she returned, but for now the only thought on her mind was seeing Daypaw through this real-life nightmare. I may not have any control over the nightmares behind their closed lids, she thought, eyes narrowing slightly as they remained unmoving from the edge of the hill, but Daypaw will not perish in a storm, not under my watch.

Last edited by spade; August 4th, 2017 at 10:31 PM.
Old August 5th, 2017, 10:18 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:

His reassurance that everyone would be okay made her feel even better, and she found a new confidence to press on wards, sticking close to him as they begun to move. Perhaps she was a bit too close to him, but she didn't care. In fact, she would have moved closer if it wouldn't have made traveling difficult.
Taking a deep breath, his scent teased her nose and a small smile formed on her face for a short while. The fact that he was at her side was calming her nerves immensely. Being with him always was an amazing experience, but after today things seemed to have changed. It was as if she needed him in order to feel secure, in order to forget about the world and live a happy life. Without him, she was nothing. This experience just proved the fact.
Turning her heads towards him, her eyes would be narrowed in deep concentration if they were present. There was a debate going on inside her head as she was trying to figure out what to say. Should she tell him what he has done to her, what he makes her feel? She should thank him for coming back for her. That would be a start.
"Uhm.. Badgerpaw, thank you. Thank you for coming back for me." She paused, trying to think of what to say. Suddenly she started rambling at a fast rate. "And, I guess. Thanks for always being there for me, it really means a lot. Because you mean so so much to me, and it's a great feeling to have you by my side at any given time. This probably isn't the right time to say this stuff but I'm extremely nervous for a lot of reasons. But anyway, you make me really happy and I really want to have you by my side for the rest of my life. And you are an amazing cat, so thank you for saving me. Even though we aren't exactly safe from the flood yet. Just... thank you, Badgerpaw. For everything."
Lostpaw had no idea what she even said in that fast ramble, but she was sure it was something she shouldn't have said.
The words Lostpaw said made Badgerpaw feel warm, happy, and welcomed. Wanted. Contented. His yellow hues sparkled as he looked at his friend, and he swallowed as an uncomfortable heat came over him. How could he say anything after that? What was there to say? I really like you. I think... I think I might even love you. I think I do love you. Those were the thoughts that came to mind. Tell her. Tell her now. Before it's too late, tell her. But it would never be too late for Badgerpaw. Because he would always put this off. Wait until the last possible moment to tell her how much she meant to him, if he would actually get around to it this time. Last time he had waited too long and he had lost her. He wouldn't lose her again. He couldn't. So he stood there, watching Lostpaw with his unspoken emotions shining in his yellow hues before he lowered his head and lightly touched his nose to her ear.

"You're welcome."

Somehow, it seemed appropriate, and Badgerpaw had to bite his lip to keep the rest of thoughts from tumbling out of his mind. Yet, some of them came anyways. The ones that he didn't keep carefully locked away where they wouldn't hurt him or her. "You're incredible, you know that? I mean... getting around the way you do, and being as smart and... and as p - pretty..." That word didn't slip out as easily. He felt as though he were choking on it, like it was going to kill him to compliment his best friend. This is what best friends did, though! They complimented each other! "You're just amazing." Now was not the time or place for Badgerpaw to suddenly decide to confess his adoration for his crush, but it seemed as though he might not get another chance.

If this rain were to claim them both, he would regret never getting to tell her how he felt. Bright yellow eyes stared at her for another moment before he kept close to her, his tail around her, helping her to move fowards through this frightening new territory. It was scary. The fact that they were going to a new Clan, a new territory, a new place... everything about it was scary. And Badgerpaw wasn't sure whether they would ever get there. Would the unforgiving waters wipe out an entire Clan? His yellow eyes shone with fear and worry as he looked up at the dark, hazy sky. Halestar and Goldeneye would get them there. He had to believe that, he had to believe that they would. They were going to be okay. They... had to be okay.

Closed Thread