Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by Forgetfulshape
Today 02:29 AM
Introducing Myself
Last post by kittycatburmise
Today 12:07 AM
going back to our watery...
Last post by Silverfur & Co
Yesterday 11:57 PM
homeward bound. [p]
by silver.
Last post by occultation
Yesterday 11:53 PM
a maple tree and a basil...
by ramen
Last post by ramen
Yesterday 11:51 PM

Old June 4th, 2019, 01:58 PM
definitely NOT an alien

My Mood: Thirsty

Default Re: Skyclan Dog Patrols

@Dust @.:Virgo:. @Nebby @Aquilex @The Cannibal

((Ah, okay. I guess Glazewing is just hangin around then.))

Glazewing reached a tree that looked suitable to hide in and crouched down, muscles tensed as he prepared to jump. A determined look in his mismatched eyes, the white tom launched upward, digging his claws deep into the bark of the tree. He propelled himself up with strong pushes from his hind legs until he reached the lowest branches. He hoisted himself up into the branches until he reached up high enough that he was hidden by the leaves. He held tight to the branch below him, shivering slightly as he gazed down through the foliage. He was worried as he watched Wolfspark and Regalstorm search for prey to lure the dogs. Was everything going to work out? Would the dogs see they were up here?
Old June 4th, 2019, 03:14 PM
I'm a group of stars

My Mood: Distracted

@Delta @Nebby @Aquilex @The Cannibal
Raining had already scrambled up a tree, a sycamore and waited for her clanmates to come back. She was terrified of the dogs, and even more terrified of losing her clan. The dark grey-blue molly tensed her muscles waiting for her friends to get back.

Last edited by .:<Ghoulie>:.; June 4th, 2019 at 03:18 PM.
Old June 4th, 2019, 03:49 PM
I. Am Checkmate :)

My Mood: Cheerful

@The Cannibal @|:| Tundra |:|

Onionshell flicked her ears at what Brindlenose said which was followed by a slow nod everyone thinks they're monsters..... then she caught what the rest of the patrol said only for her to give Hootnose a cold glare who flinched before giving a look of confusion , and for her to just sigh after . That didn't stop Grousestars words from hitting both of their ears though , what the leader said just made Onion snort with a small smile before raising her head "of course not. This just shows the other clans that they are wrong . This shows our bravery " she meowed with a twitch of her whiskers . Hootnose gulped not all of us are brave ..... but he just gave a smile and a nod only to ask another question "a-any who, is anybody catching any thing?" he asked curiously . This lead to Onionshell humming and lifting her nose in the air only to sniff it a few times "it's stale, very stale . But they've been here. What about you guys?" she asked as she looked at yarrowpounce.

Characters -Claudius ( Rogue )

Last edited by Leucos; June 4th, 2019 at 03:50 PM.
Old June 4th, 2019, 04:19 PM
Previously Troutleap124!

My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cannibal View Post
@Troutleap124 and @Pluto

There was a slight air of relief that washed over Yarrowpounce as the others of the patrol, aside from the clan leader, picked up on his conversation seed. His pale yellow eyes focusing first on Onionshell, head nodding as his paws carried him swiftly behind his leader and other patrol partners. "I don't think I've ever seen their young.. But I wouldn't want to get close enough to see one anyways. Their mother is bound to be around somewhere." A few moments later, the mostly white tom would turn his head to look back at Hootnose, finding himself agreeing wholeheartedly with the tom's fear for the hounds. Before the question was asked, he was able to hear Brindlenose's input and was slightly glad to know that at least someone was experienced in combat directly opposing a dog. It evened the odds in their favor, not to say he had any doubts about any of his partners prowess in battle.. He just couldn't help but worry. Then the question was asked by Hootnose and Yarrowpounce found his head swiveling back forward, nervously waiting for Grousestar's answer.

As the question reached the brown tabby's ears, the clan leader would glance backwards at his patrol, looking each of them once in the eye before turning his head back forward. He didn't say anything at first, the patrol running in silence as he led them on before he finally spoke.
"Our mission is to seek out the dogs and drive them from our territory. The very goal of this patrol is to find dogs, as is the goal of every large patrol I've put together. They pose a threat to the camp and we must deal with it promptly. I know that dogs are scary and they're not something we have to deal with often, but you all are Skyclan warriors. And Skyclan warriors will not let dogs best them. Right?" Turning his head back, he flashed his warriors a warm smile, hoping he could at least empower them and get their head in the game before they actually found one of the beasts.

-------------------------

@Dust @.:Virgo:. @Delta @Aquilex @Nebby

Barbedfall, the sturdy, long-furred she-cat let out a small yawn as she convened with the patrol she was assigned to. Thankfully her fractured leg had healed nicely and she could walk around without so much as a limp. She was eager to get back into the fray of things! That was the purpose of being a warrior after all, serving your clan, going out and doing things that were sometimes dangerous.
"You know, I think it's a great day for dog-chasing guys. There's something about hearing them barking that gets my blood pumping and my claws itching for a fight, am I right? Finally get to use some battle training on things other than stinky ole badgers and foxes." The she-cat began to ramble on about how she remembered when she was an apprentice and how she thought that battle would be more of a common thing than what happened in reality and yada yada. It seemed she just liked talking to hear her own voice and if no one else was going to interrupt her, she would probably just go on to talk about more off-topic things.
Regardless she never once stopped moving, her paws carrying her out into the first whether she was the patrol leader or not. There was an air of 'don't mess with me' around this she-cat, likely because of her looming size and bulky muscles beneath that long fur of hers. Perhaps even the tone of her voice. But it would be an interesting patrol with her in it.
@Pluto
Brindlenose sniffed the air. You're right, they've definitely been here. The musky scent of dogs filled the air, though it was partially stale. Still, a bit of sharpness lingered. Brindlenose lowered her snout to the ground, trying to track the fresh scent trail. If they had been here, they had to have gone in some direction. Her eyes landed on a small sapling, trampled to the ground. She padded over and sniffed it, trying to pick up a scent. The sharp, musky scent was a dead giveaway.

Dogs. This way.

She flicked her ears toward the trampled path. "They went this way," she breathed. The more she looked at the dogs' path, the clearer it was that this was their route. Small branches had been snapped from surrounding trees. Weeds and flower stems lay snapped in the path, and, most importantly, hug pawprints littered the mud. From the looks of it, there were two dogs of large size, possibly even three. Her heart sank with dread. Three dogs? How in the name of StarClan are we going to deal with three dogs? She took a deep breath. Our patrol is big enough; we can handle them. Even if they're as big as I think they are... She shuddered, then turned to face her clanmates. "They definitely went this way," she announced. "And it looks like there might be a few of them. We need to be careful." She turned to Grousestar, waiting for his signal to follow the hounds.

|:| Formerly Troutleap124! |:|

|:| My Character Bios |:|
Troutleap |:| Skipper |:| Otterpaw |:| Doveshade
Signature Image Credit

Last edited by |:| Tundra |:|; June 4th, 2019 at 04:22 PM.
Old June 4th, 2019, 08:08 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

@|:| Tundra |:| and @Pluto

The inspiring words of the leader were pleasant enough, and Yarrowpounce found the smile of the brown tabby comforting, but it didn't ease the dull ache of his stomach as his fears were fully confirmed. They were actively seeking the dogs, not just patrolling about. They were seeking them out to fight them and drive them off. He didn't speak after Grousestar had spoken and instead glanced towards Onionshell who didn't seem bothered at all by the fact that they were marching head first into danger. They seemed ready and welcoming for the action. Yarrowpounce, not so much. But he couldn't say that, not in front of the others and especially not in front of his leader. So instead, he remained silent and kept his jaws slightly parted, paying strict attention to the scents. Thankfully hunting was one of his strong suites. "This one doesn't seem so stale.."
Seconds after he said that, Brindlenose pipped up that she had a pretty clear indication of where some dogs were currently headed now. 'She's got a good nose.' The thought surfaced in his mind, but his nerves were to wound to fully bring himself to say it.

Grousestar himself was silent as well, back to focusing on the scents of the forest, his paws slowing and then stopping as the patrol began to focus in on more recent scents before one of them, Brindlenose, finally queued in on the most recent bunch of scents.
"Lead the way then Brindlenose. Keep a tight formation and keep sound to a minimum. We will hopefully have the element of surprise and be able to devise a plan before the beasts even knew what hit them. You see one of your patrol members in trouble, you help them. Use the trees to your advantage and distractions will be useful to break up the trio. One dog is easier to handle than three at a time." Nodding his head, Grousestar would wait for the she-cat to lead the way along the scent trail.

---------------------

{As Delta said, please keep a posting order. There are 6 members of this patrol and not everyone has had a chance to post yet. I ask that we pause until Dust is able to post for their character.}

After being told to quiet down, Barbedfall grew quite irritable and wore a very apparent look of anger on her face, though she did clamp her jaws shut as the patrol of 6 moved out from camp and into the forest. Occasionally her paws would through up a leaf or a stick as she batted them out of her way. 'Who do they think they are, telling me to be quiet? I have rights too you know! I can talk whenever I want! The nerve of some cats..
The she-cat's angry thoughts continued on, effectively blocking out whatever the others of the patrol were discussing, and also distracting her from the true intention of the patrol, which was to find dogs and drive them away. She wasn't even scenting for them at this point, much less listening to anyone. So when Regalstorm walked up to her to inform her of the smell of canine, it went in one ear and out the other, in fact, she didn't even turn her head to look at him. When they stopped to discuss the plan, she stopped as well, her gaze sweeping over them as she just started to tune in to what they were saying. "What are we trying to do, feed our enemies? That's a terrible idea! No, we are not giving prey to these dogs. That's a waste of food that we can use back at the clan, even if it is Greenleaf. I'm fine with the ambush idea, the stupid mutts can't climb and won't immediately notice us, but we need a cat that will get their attention and have them run beneath the trees. Any volunteers?" A little bit of the anger left her gaze as she looked in turn to all of the patrol members, eager to get the plan into motion. If there were no takers, she would be the distraction. She didn't care, Barbedfall wasn't scared of dogs, she liked the challenge.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old June 4th, 2019, 09:29 PM
Previously Troutleap124!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cannibal View Post
@|:| Tundra |:| and @Pluto

The inspiring words of the leader were pleasant enough, and Yarrowpounce found the smile of the brown tabby comforting, but it didn't ease the dull ache of his stomach as his fears were fully confirmed. They were actively seeking the dogs, not just patrolling about. They were seeking them out to fight them and drive them off. He didn't speak after Grousestar had spoken and instead glanced towards Onionshell who didn't seem bothered at all by the fact that they were marching head first into danger. They seemed ready and welcoming for the action. Yarrowpounce, not so much. But he couldn't say that, not in front of the others and especially not in front of his leader. So instead, he remained silent and kept his jaws slightly parted, paying strict attention to the scents. Thankfully hunting was one of his strong suites. "This one doesn't seem so stale.."
Seconds after he said that, Brindlenose pipped up that she had a pretty clear indication of where some dogs were currently headed now. 'She's got a good nose.' The thought surfaced in his mind, but his nerves were to wound to fully bring himself to say it.

Grousestar himself was silent as well, back to focusing on the scents of the forest, his paws slowing and then stopping as the patrol began to focus in on more recent scents before one of them, Brindlenose, finally queued in on the most recent bunch of scents.
"Lead the way then Brindlenose. Keep a tight formation and keep sound to a minimum. We will hopefully have the element of surprise and be able to devise a plan before the beasts even knew what hit them. You see one of your patrol members in trouble, you help them. Use the trees to your advantage and distractions will be useful to break up the trio. One dog is easier to handle than three at a time." Nodding his head, Grousestar would wait for the she-cat to lead the way along the scent trail.

---------------------

{As Delta said, please keep a posting order. There are 6 members of this patrol and not everyone has had a chance to post yet. I ask that we pause until Dust is able to post for their character.}

After being told to quiet down, Barbedfall grew quite irritable and wore a very apparent look of anger on her face, though she did clamp her jaws shut as the patrol of 6 moved out from camp and into the forest. Occasionally her paws would through up a leaf or a stick as she batted them out of her way. 'Who do they think they are, telling me to be quiet? I have rights too you know! I can talk whenever I want! The nerve of some cats..
The she-cat's angry thoughts continued on, effectively blocking out whatever the others of the patrol were discussing, and also distracting her from the true intention of the patrol, which was to find dogs and drive them away. She wasn't even scenting for them at this point, much less listening to anyone. So when Regalstorm walked up to her to inform her of the smell of canine, it went in one ear and out the other, in fact, she didn't even turn her head to look at him. When they stopped to discuss the plan, she stopped as well, her gaze sweeping over them as she just started to tune in to what they were saying. "What are we trying to do, feed our enemies? That's a terrible idea! No, we are not giving prey to these dogs. That's a waste of food that we can use back at the clan, even if it is Greenleaf. I'm fine with the ambush idea, the stupid mutts can't climb and won't immediately notice us, but we need a cat that will get their attention and have them run beneath the trees. Any volunteers?" A little bit of the anger left her gaze as she looked in turn to all of the patrol members, eager to get the plan into motion. If there were no takers, she would be the distraction. She didn't care, Barbedfall wasn't scared of dogs, she liked the challenge.

Brindlenose nodded. "Right. I'll do my best." But what if your best isn't enough? a voice inside her nagged. She shook away the anxious thoughts clouding her head. You'll be fine, she told herself. Looking behind her to make sure the rest of the patrol was following, she bounded towards the dog trail, leading them into the dense forest.

The trail was easy enough to follow, as the dogs had trampled a clear path through the underbrush. Other than a few stray branches, the path was cleared of large debris by the dogs' huge frames barging through earlier. As she continued, the scent of dogs grew sharper and sharper. Finally, she burst through the trees and into a large clearing, where her worst fears were confirmed. Three huge dogs stood in the clearing, their brindled frames as large as mountains, or so it seemed. This was far from the ideal battleground; the terrain was rough and the clearing, though quite large, was smaller than Brindlenose would have hoped for. It would be hard to isolate the dogs here. All we can do is try, she thought with determination. She turned her head to make sure the rest of the patrol had followed.

@Pluto

Signature Image Credit
Old June 4th, 2019, 10:03 PM
I. Am Checkmate :)

My Mood: Cheerful

Hootnose's eyes widened as he spotted the beasts , his pelt bristling with fear as he pressed his body as close to the ground as he could his tail wrapped around himself and his ears pressed against his head . Shadowstalker please help me! Starclan , anyone! Just pls don't let me die today..... he gulped as he looked up at Grousestar and Brindlenose and already he felt embarrassed but then again he didn't care what he looked infront of his leader.....he was only 16 moons old! He then looked back at Onionshell who he was hiding behind ,only for the white and brown splotched she cat to bare her teeth slightly at the dogs, we have a mission onion.....stay focused ....and keep your head. That's what Runningbrook would want...right? For you to stay safe.... although as she began to think of her riverclan love interest she did give a small hiss at hoot who quickly stood back up on his paws "c'mon now be a tom! Skyclan cats aren't cowards " she whispered growled which made him nod with a small shake. After that she looked back at the others "what's our plan of attack?" she asked in a whisper as to not alert the dogs.

Characters -Claudius ( Rogue )

Old June 4th, 2019, 10:44 PM
Previously Troutleap124!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto View Post

Hootnose's eyes widened as he spotted the beasts , his pelt bristling with fear as he pressed his body as close to the ground as he could his tail wrapped around himself and his ears pressed against his head . Shadowstalker please help me! Starclan , anyone! Just pls don't let me die today..... he gulped as he looked up at Grousestar and Brindlenose and already he felt embarrassed but then again he didn't care what he looked infront of his leader.....he was only 16 moons old! He then looked back at Onionshell who he was hiding behind ,only for the white and brown splotched she cat to bare her teeth slightly at the dogs, we have a mission onion.....stay focused ....and keep your head. That's what Runningbrook would want...right? For you to stay safe.... although as she began to think of her riverclan love interest she did give a small hiss at hoot who quickly stood back up on his paws "c'mon now be a tom! Skyclan cats aren't cowards " she whispered growled which made him nod with a small shake. After that she looked back at the others "what's our plan of attack?" she asked in a whisper as to not alert the dogs.
@Pluto

Brindlenose turned to look at Onionshell, who seemed to be quaking with fear. The dappled warrior felt like turning tail as well, but she dug her claws into the ground, instinctively standing at the head of the patrol. She thought about the she-cat's question. What is our plan of attack? she thought urgently. The dogs would notice them any moment; they had to be fast. "We'll try to separate them," she whispered. "Onionshell, you and Hootnose can take the one on the left," she said, flicking her ears toward the brindled hound on the far left of the clearing. She promptly turned around to look at Grousestar. "I'd like you and Yarrowpounce to take on the middle one," she requested. She took a deep breath. "And I've got the one on the right," she breathed, adrenaline already clouding her thoughts. The dog on the far right snapped its head around. As it caught her eye, Brindlenose stepped defiantly into the clearing, head held high, eyes blazing with ferocity. Now alerted, the other dogs turned to look at the patrol, ready to unleash their wrath on the warriors. Brindlenose stared them down for a heartbeat, then lunged at the hound on the right, yowling fiercely.

It's now or never.

Signature Image Credit
Old June 5th, 2019, 01:54 AM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

@Okapi @Fuzzyfeline @Calliecat @Dovekit12
[Is there any set order we wanna go in? ]
The senior warrior strode along silently beside his clanmates, tail flicking back and fourth as he looked from one clanmate to another. "The last patrol said they spotted the dogs. Are we checking to see if they moved?" he asked, the question mainly pointed towards Fennelhart, seeing as how they were the patrol leader.

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us
Old June 5th, 2019, 08:50 AM
Moss, Mk, Micaiah...

My Mood: Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfall View Post

@Okapi @Fuzzyfeline @Calliecat @Dovekit12
[Is there any set order we wanna go in? ]
The senior warrior strode along silently beside his clanmates, tail flicking back and fourth as he looked from one clanmate to another. "The last patrol said they spotted the dogs. Are we checking to see if they moved?" he asked, the question mainly pointed towards Fennelhart, seeing as how they were the patrol leader.
Russetglare's claws worked into the ground. It had been several days since he'd been out on patrol and as he stood beside Fennelheart, he couldn't help but feel a mixture of excitement and anxiety burn in his chest. With a flicking tail he eyed the warriors around him and wondered whether they would really be enough to chase off any dogs - I mean, how big were the dogs anyway?

It doesn't matter how big they are, he thought determinedly, It's my task as a SkyClan warrior to chase them away, and that's what I'll do.
Like maybe not your dream job, but a really solid second choice with a smaller salary
And I know one day you'll meet a girl
I bet she'll be dumb, and average looking
so when I compare myself to her I won't feel so sad about what we might've had
That would make me happy!
~~~Happy by Beth Crowley~~~

Last edited by Calliecat; June 5th, 2019 at 08:50 AM.