Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Surprise!
Last post by Dark
Today 04:46 AM
Spring Egg Hunt 2024
Last post by Apollo.
Today 03:48 AM
[LF] kestrelpaw art
by Rose
Last post by Myling
Today 03:23 AM
Beachpaw's Training
Last post by Fawn
Today 02:53 AM
Rate the Avatar!
by blxze.
Last post by hermeswind
Today 02:31 AM

Old December 9th, 2017, 08:14 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: Calia's Garden [Private]

Her words had the dark tom avoiding eye contact, looking down at the ground and shifting his weight nervously. He considered Calia to be an... good acquaintance. Well, maybe a friend. She had done a lot for him after all, the most Obsidian could do was offer some method of friendship in return. He shifted his weight once more, trying to make himself comfortable, before he looked back up at her. "You... are okay though, right? I mean... you... take care of yourself, don't you?" The tom wasn't quite sure how to put it. He had seen depressed cats in horrible states, but Calia was quite... pretty, he supposed was the word for it, for a depressed feline. And she was so sweet and kind, Obsidian didn't understand how she didn't have a good family of her own. She seemed like she would love kits.

And a mate - a good, nice, caring tom who would take care of her and keep her company, and talk to her for hours. Someone who was the exact opposite of him, in his own mind. He, on the other hand, was not the ideal mate for... well... pretty much anyone who knew him. It wasn't so much that he was a bad cat, or that he would be disloyal, but that he struggled with the idea of it. What if something went wrong? Obsidian couldn't handle losing someone he cared for so dearly. Her next words had him, once again, struggling to find something to say. "Yeah, I'm staying someplace near here. It's not far, maybe you would want to come visit sometime?" He found himself saying instead of the general 'yes' or, more likely, 'oh - I'm still finding a territory of my own.'

That wasn't a lie, he was still trying to find someplace to stay, but the area he had already basically claimed as his own (and was planning on staying in) was a good start. So he told her as much. Maybe it was her comment about being depressed that changed his mind, or something else, but Obsidian figured it wouldn't hurt if he saw a little more of the ginger feline. Besides - if things got too rough for him, he would find somewhere else to move. Jinx could have that territory (she could use someone like Calia in her life as well, he supposed, being a former Dusk Syndicate cat too) and he would be free once more.

@AbsurdJinx

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old December 23rd, 2017, 08:53 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

@Lonestar23

``Oh, I'm fine, Obsidian! Honest. I feel better with you around, actually,`` Calia meowed, finishing with a sheepish smile. She was always a very truthful feline and found it difficult to lie to others, especially those she considered friends. Then again, she liked to look at everyone as her friend. So, basically, that means she found it especially challenging to lie to anyone, the only exception is when her lying can prevent pain. ``I'd love to visit! You must have me over sometime.`` Her bright blue eyes were friendly and inviting, adoring when she looked at Obsidian.

``Are you... alone?`` Calia was very much aware that Obsidian preferred solitary, but what he wanted compared to what he needed were two completely different things. Calia knew what being alone meant, and she wouldn't wish that on anyone. She's heard stories of cats who lived alone, cats who went insane, cats who became severely depressed and wished to reunite with their deceased ancestors, all because they had nobody to talk to, no company whatsoever. She didn't want that to happen to Obsidian. She'd visit him everyday if she had to, just so he wouldn't become one of those cats from the stories.

She was actually quite the hopeless romantic - Calia. Every night, before falling asleep, she imagined herself with a loving, respectful mate and adorable, sweet kits prancing at their paws. It was her only dream, the only thing she truly, truly desired. Her mate would adore her, just as she would him - or them - and they would both be the best of friends. They'd do everything together, and when they started a family, they'd do that together too. They'd raise the most polite, kindest, gentlest, strong kits, offspring to be incredibly proud of. Calia wanted a family, but she'd wait all her life and longer for her wish to be granted.

Last edited by AbsurdJinx; December 23rd, 2017 at 08:53 PM.
Old December 26th, 2017, 04:32 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

The dark tom questioned (in his head, of course) whether or not the ginger feline really was fine on her own. Still, if she was saying that it was true, it must be - he had never thought the other cat one to lie. Withholding the truth didn't count to Obsidian, although perhaps that was because he had done it so many times himself, it no longer seemed to hold much kick for him. To him, withholding truth was just a way of sparing yourself or someone else from great pain or discomfort, as was lying. He'd never been one to be squeamish when lying was involved. It wasn't like he was a natural-born manipulator; if he could help it, he would refrain from dishonesty and things like that, not because he cared about becoming a thief and liar, but because he found that generally honesty was easier then lying.

Mainly he would just withhold parts of the truth, or leave out the things that were left unasked. "Yeah, that'd be... nice." I'll show you where it is next time I come to visit, he added silently. There was a tinge of sarcasm in the words, but also some sadness. Obsidian knew that he probably wouldn't be coming again - not to visit like this. He might show her where his territory was, just so she wouldn't be worried - not for himself, no, definitely not. He didn't need Calia there, or so he told himself, and as far as he was concerned, he was doing just fine on his own. Jinx was there, yes, but she basically kept to herself most of the time. They had a sort of understanding - which was kind of nice, if he was really thinking about it.

"There's another cat who hangs around sometimes. Her name's Jinx, she's from the Dusk Syndicate too..." Obsidian's voice trailed off before he said anything else. There was some type of a desperate longing for his old home, like a wish that would never be fulfilled. It seemed whatever he touched automatically fell apart. Maybe that was why he was so reluctant to stay near Calia - would she fall apart too, if he touched her? If he decided to stay near her, was she going to collapse and disappear just like everyone else? Jinx would be fine, she was like him; she seemed to be, anyways. He wasn't as afraid. But Calia, she had so much light and life... the tom was so scared it could be taken away.

@AbsurdJinx

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old December 28th, 2017, 06:22 PM
i love sussy the bestest

@Lonestar23

``That would be lovely,`` Calia commented on Obsidian's offer, bright blue eyes lighting up at the idea. They'd be neighbors now, and she looked forward to visiting him often. Not every day, of course, because she believed he'd need his space, but maybe once every few days. They could hunt together, eat their evening meal together, talk - maybe Obsidian would even spar with her? She was getting all worked up about the idea that she just about missed Obsidian's following statement. She perked up at his claim, suddenly interested in who this `Jinx` was. Based off what Obsidian told her, she was from the Dusk Syndicate - a cat he met during his time there, she figured, but what was her personality like? Would Calia like this Jinx? She liked to think she would - Calia got along with just about any cat, and even if she didn't get along with them she always looked for the good in them.

``When I visit, I must meet Jinx! I'd like to get to know her,`` Calia paused briefly before adding in a softer tone, ``I'm sure she's a pleasant cat.`` The ginger feline rarely said anything bad about anyone, though some Dusk Syndicate cats were exceptions. She only saw the good traits, the ones that she thought truly mattered. She was even capable of twisting a negative or neutral trait and making it good - in her mind, of course. Other cats weren't so willing to agree with her. Calia's logic was that if Obsidian let Jinx stay with him then she must be decent - for a Dusk Syndicate cat, that is.

[ Oh idea!! what if Obsidian brought Calia to his home & when she's being introduced to Jinx, Augustus bursts from the forest all dramatic-like. then all 4 of them will be there ]

Last edited by AbsurdJinx; December 28th, 2017 at 06:22 PM.
Old December 30th, 2017, 09:36 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Watching the ginger feline's eyes light up, a slight smile broke across the former Dusk Syndicate cat's maw. He liked seeing Calia smile. She really was a ray of sunshine, which must have been why he thought of that nickname so quickly - she did seem like one. "Oh, she's alright, I suppose. She gives me my space, I give her hers. She'll be moving on soon I expect. But I'm sure you can meet her before she does," The tom mewed with a shrug. Calia was about the only cat who he actually thought of as truly good to be around, good for him. She was very good for him. Everyone else was okay, but it was nice to be able to smile a little more and feel happier. Except Obsidian knew that he would have to cut off before things started getting too good for him, before the universe decided that he was having too good of a time and destroyed things for him. He tended to look on the darker side of things when he felt he was actually happy, wondering when this was going to end. "I should get going soon." The tom took another bite of his prey, then half-rose, wondering if now was a good time to leave or if he should go ahead and just invite Calia to return with him. The tom was tempted, of course, but he didn't want to leave at the same time. Go back to having an understanding with Jinx, other then the one short - almost non-existent meeting conversation that they had had, it had just been "hello's" and things along that line from then on. No actual conversations. Calia remained the only cat in the last few moons that he had had a real conversation with. It'd been less then a moon since the Dusk Syndicate broke apart, but Obsidian hadn't had too many conversations even when he had been back there. It just hadn't been safe for him. There was safety in routine, but that place could take the optimism from anyone. Obsidian didn't understand how he had met optimistic felines there - it just didn't make sense to him.

@AbsurdJinx

(yesss that sounds amazing! lol Obsidian will be so protective of Calia and really mad at Augustus and confused as to how Jinx knows Augustus)

Old January 9th, 2018, 06:49 PM
i love sussy the bestest

@Lonestar23
[ we should do it cx ]

``Aw, do you have to get going so soon?`` Calia whined, looking up at Obsidian. She wasn't ready to let go of Obsidian yet, especially seeing that she didn't know where he was staying, because if she was being honest could she really expect Obsidian to return to her? The dark-pelted tomcat was a mystery, even to Calia who had plenty of experience with cats of all kinds, cats of all personalities and various histories. She was aware something had happened to him - something bad, obviously, based off his reserved nature. Someone had hurt him, broken his trust, and that's why Obsidian was the way he was - at least, that's what Calia assumed. Suddenly, an idea hit her and she shot to her paws faster than the speed of light. ``Oh, I know!`` she exclaimed, an anxious gleam in her blue eyes. Her ginger fur had bushed up in all the excitement but was returning to its original place. ``Show me where you live now! Then I could meet this lovely Jinx as well as see your territory, just like you said I could.`` Calia was a very genuine feline who very rarely lied. She was truly looking forward to seeing the territory Obsidian claimed, and she was even more interested in discovering who this Jinx was.

Last edited by AbsurdJinx; January 9th, 2018 at 06:49 PM.
Old January 13th, 2018, 12:53 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
@Lonestar23
[ we should do it cx ]

``Aw, do you have to get going so soon?`` Calia whined, looking up at Obsidian. She wasn't ready to let go of Obsidian yet, especially seeing that she didn't know where he was staying, because if she was being honest could she really expect Obsidian to return to her? The dark-pelted tomcat was a mystery, even to Calia who had plenty of experience with cats of all kinds, cats of all personalities and various histories. She was aware something had happened to him - something bad, obviously, based off his reserved nature. Someone had hurt him, broken his trust, and that's why Obsidian was the way he was - at least, that's what Calia assumed. Suddenly, an idea hit her and she shot to her paws faster than the speed of light. ``Oh, I know!`` she exclaimed, an anxious gleam in her blue eyes. Her ginger fur had bushed up in all the excitement but was returning to its original place. ``Show me where you live now! Then I could meet this lovely Jinx as well as see your territory, just like you said I could.`` Calia was a very genuine feline who very rarely lied. She was truly looking forward to seeing the territory Obsidian claimed, and she was even more interested in discovering who this Jinx was.
The dark tom shifted his weight, trying to think of some reason why Calia shouldn't be able to come back with him. Obsidian was normally pretty good at coming up with a convincing excuse - or lie - but this time, he didn't think any of them were good enough. "Okay..." The tom mewed uncertainly, getting to his own paws so that he was almost level with Calia again. He hated feeling like he had to do this, like he was almost beholden to Calia, but it was hard not to. She had taken care of him before, and Obsidian certainly didn't want that on his mind, that she had done it without anything in return. Being in the Dusk Syndicate had turned his mind to the fact that nothing was free... nothing. Calia had given him shelter before, she wanted his companionship in return - right? Yes. Right. It's not free. "She's on the rough side. Just so you know ahead of time." So maybe don't come off as so... perfect. Cats like himself, and Jinx, had seen things that were different. They were rough around the edges, they were less willing to trust, and they were way less "perfect" then Calia seemed to be. The ginger feline was sweet, she was quite motherly, and she was so selfless it made Obsidian frustrated. How could anyone want to spend so much time taking care of other cats, want to be around them so much? How could anyone have that much faith in the goodness of other cats that they would invite them into their home, and take care of them? Obsidian might never get it, but even if that were true... he admired Calia for being that type of a cat. She had shown him kindness before that it would take moons to forget, if ever.

(alright! do you want to ask Sus about it?)
@AbsurdJinx

Old January 14th, 2018, 01:15 PM
i love sussy the bestest

@Lonestar23
[ sussy said she's up for it ]

Calia squealed in excitement the second Obsidian reluctantly agreed. She jumped up and rushed past the dark-pelted tomcat, forgetting about the half-eaten fresh-kill. It wasn't the first time she'd left prey out, partly eaten, and it most certainly would not be the last. The only downside was that it could draw predators, but not many preferred to near a twoleg den and those who did approach didn't stick around. ``I'll try to tone it down a little,`` Calia promised. She would hold back on squealing and just being loud in general, and she would not forcefully push anything on the suspecting Jinx. But until they got to Obsidian's territory, she didn't have to tone it down. ``Let's go!`` the ginger tabby feline cheered, marching in the direction in which she'd found Obsidian. She hadn't conversed with a cat since Obsidian left and was very eager to be gifted with the chance to socialize again.

Last edited by AbsurdJinx; January 14th, 2018 at 01:15 PM.