Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
|`Ollie's Territory`|...
Last post by CrimsonOaks
Today 10:30 AM
How Well-Known Are You On...
Last post by Morrigan
Today 10:28 AM
need a header for Snowleaf
Last post by Snowyfeathr
Today 10:27 AM
Family Gathering
Last post by JackHunt_17
Today 10:24 AM

Old December 13th, 2017, 10:18 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default - Tori's Hiding Place -

The silver Bengal felt like she had been walking for moons. Anything to get away from the Dusk Syndicate and their cruelty. Now that she was out of it, she didn't know where to go. She had come across this area - it was nice looking, with a brook running through it and trees everywhere. It was a place to hide. A place to feel safe for the moment, even though Tori wasn't sure if it was going to turn out okay. Her tail twitched uncomfortably, soft blue eyes glancing down at the ground as she settled under one of the trees. Another cat could be anywhere. Tori hadn't had a lot of friends in the Syndicate, mainly bullies. She had been a little too shy and sweet for their standards. Even her parents and siblings had been ashamed of her. What had happened to them, Tori didn't know. She most likely would never see them again. The leaves above her rustled as wind blew through them, and even though it wasn't cold, her pelt was thin enough that it did send a chill through her. Not to mention that she was nervous enough already. Her tail was curled around her like a blanket, though it wasn't anywhere near fluffy enough to shield her, but it made Tori feel more comfortable anyways. Being outside of the Dusk Syndicate, at least she didn't have to worry about being attacked when she was doing nothing but sitting now. However, she wasn't sure how much better it was being outside of it when she didn't know what to expect. Right now, she was totally unguarded. There, she had at least had one or two friends; enough so that she felt semi-protected. But now? Tori wasn't sure if she would be able to protect herself at all.

@Deranged Llama

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old December 13th, 2017, 11:47 AM
💙🦌💙

My Mood: Incognito

Default Re: - Tori's Hiding Place -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
The silver Bengal felt like she had been walking for moons. Anything to get away from the Dusk Syndicate and their cruelty. Now that she was out of it, she didn't know where to go. She had come across this area - it was nice looking, with a brook running through it and trees everywhere. It was a place to hide. A place to feel safe for the moment, even though Tori wasn't sure if it was going to turn out okay. Her tail twitched uncomfortably, soft blue eyes glancing down at the ground as she settled under one of the trees. Another cat could be anywhere. Tori hadn't had a lot of friends in the Syndicate, mainly bullies. She had been a little too shy and sweet for their standards. Even her parents and siblings had been ashamed of her. What had happened to them, Tori didn't know. She most likely would never see them again. The leaves above her rustled as wind blew through them, and even though it wasn't cold, her pelt was thin enough that it did send a chill through her. Not to mention that she was nervous enough already. Her tail was curled around her like a blanket, though it wasn't anywhere near fluffy enough to shield her, but it made Tori feel more comfortable anyways. Being outside of the Dusk Syndicate, at least she didn't have to worry about being attacked when she was doing nothing but sitting now. However, she wasn't sure how much better it was being outside of it when she didn't know what to expect. Right now, she was totally unguarded. There, she had at least had one or two friends; enough so that she felt semi-protected. But now? Tori wasn't sure if she would be able to protect herself at all.

@Deranged Llama
Toren's sea green gaze slid from tree to tree, his paw steps carrying him ever so swiftly through the darkness, winding between obsticals that lay in the shadowy forest. He didn't know where he was, and, for the first time since he left his cozy home with his mother and father, the tom cat felt a twinge of loneliness in his belly. As he continued on, hardly aware of his surroundings, the male reached the edge of the forest and emerged, blinking, in the sudden sunlight. Shocked by the sudden end to his shadowy path, Toren stopped himself, digging his claws into the peaty earth. Whiskers twitching, he picked up his head from it's hanging position and reluctantly looked around at his surroundings with a baleful, sullen gaze.

A winding creek lay to his left, and it bubbled and chuckled merrily at him as he fixed his orbs on it. Toren flicked his tail, senses on high alert. He had the sudden realization that he was not alone, and the thought unnerved him; the cat ha left, yearning for peace and quiet and time to be alone for a while. The dirty white fur prickled along the small cat's spine, and his eyes narrowed, concentrating on watching for any movement that showed signs of life. His whiskers twitched, and the fur on his pelt began to rise, an instinctive reaction. As he looked around, a puff of white caught the fleeting attention his sea green eyes. Upon closer inspection, Toren realized it was another feline, not much older than himself. Realizing she could be dangerous, the tom hunched his back in a threatening pose. The last thing he wanted was trouble, but he wasn't going to hurt this cat if they didn't strike first. "Who are you?" Despite the harshness that he attempted to poison his words with, a brighter, more sincerely polite tone of inquisitation and curiosity tempted it's way in. He lashed his tail, furious at his natural nature to appear peace rather than harsh and able bodied. The soft never lasted long by themselves, he knew from experience.

Last edited by Jynx; December 13th, 2017 at 11:50 AM.
Old December 13th, 2017, 12:45 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deranged Llama View Post

Toren's sea green gaze slid from tree to tree, his paw steps carrying him ever so swiftly through the darkness, winding between obsticals that lay in the shadowy forest. He didn't know where he was, and, for the first time since he left his cozy home with his mother and father, the tom cat felt a twinge of loneliness in his belly. As he continued on, hardly aware of his surroundings, the male reached the edge of the forest and emerged, blinking, in the sudden sunlight. Shocked by the sudden end to his shadowy path, Toren stopped himself, digging his claws into the peaty earth. Whiskers twitching, he picked up his head from it's hanging position and reluctantly looked around at his surroundings with a baleful, sullen gaze.

A winding creek lay to his left, and it bubbled and chuckled merrily at him as he fixed his orbs on it. Toren flicked his tail, senses on high alert. He had the sudden realization that he was not alone, and the thought unnerved him; the cat ha left, yearning for peace and quiet and time to be alone for a while. The dirty white fur prickled along the small cat's spine, and his eyes narrowed, concentrating on watching for any movement that showed signs of life. His whiskers twitched, and the fur on his pelt began to rise, an instinctive reaction. As he looked around, a puff of white caught the fleeting attention his sea green eyes. Upon closer inspection, Toren realized it was another feline, not much older than himself. Realizing she could be dangerous, the tom hunched his back in a threatening pose. The last thing he wanted was trouble, but he wasn't going to hurt this cat if they didn't strike first. "Who are you?" Despite the harshness that he attempted to poison his words with, a brighter, more sincerely polite tone of inquisitation and curiosity tempted it's way in. He lashed his tail, furious at his natural nature to appear peace rather than harsh and able bodied. The soft never lasted long by themselves, he knew from experience.
The fur on the back of the feline's neck had just settled when she saw another cat. But she remained crouched on the ground, in a submissive and terrified position. Calm, calm, calm, stay calm, calm, calm... She repeated over and over in her head, trying to do what she remembered working before, but somehow this time - it just wasn't working for her. It felt like she was suffocating, unable to breathe or move or do anything properly. It felt like she was about to drown in a sea of fear. "To... Tori," She mewed anxiously, doing her best to remain still. That, surprisingly, wasn't too much of a problem. Her body was shaking too much for her to get up right. She had thought she was safe here. Her only condolence was that this strange tom didn't carry the scent of the Dusk Syndicate with him.

That scent was beginning to fade from her pelt, but she still carried it wherever she went, a reminder that she might never be able to fully seperate herself from her past. The other tom didn't look like he would attack her without warning. He seemed to be more honorable then that. And yet, Tori was used to being teased and tormented without warning - cats could appear beside her, torment her to their heart's content, and then walk away without another word. "Wh - who are... who are you?" The words sounded shaky, unsure, unconfident. Those were some of the things that summed Tori up pretty nicely.

She was nearly backed against the tree now, doing her best to try and gather the last bit of her courage so that she could fight back if she needed to. She had never been the best at fighting, and she certainly had never been good at standing up for herself. Neither of those things were going to change now that she was on her own... in fact, it seemed she was more nervous without cats around her. Tori hadn't minded the crowds of the Dusk Syndicate because she could blend in. But here? She stood out, being the only one. Maybe Toren would see just how frightened she was and take pity on her...

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old December 13th, 2017, 03:36 PM
💙🦌💙

Quote:
The fur on the back of the feline's neck had just settled when she saw another cat. But she remained crouched on the ground, in a submissive and terrified position. Calm, calm, calm, stay calm, calm, calm... She repeated over and over in her head, trying to do what she remembered working before, but somehow this time - it just wasn't working for her. It felt like she was suffocating, unable to breathe or move or do anything properly. It felt like she was about to drown in a sea of fear. "To... Tori," She mewed anxiously, doing her best to remain still. That, surprisingly, wasn't too much of a problem. Her body was shaking too much for her to get up right. She had thought she was safe here. Her only condolence was that this strange tom didn't carry the scent of the Dusk Syndicate with him.

That scent was beginning to fade from her pelt, but she still carried it wherever she went, a reminder that she might never be able to fully seperate herself from her past. The other tom didn't look like he would attack her without warning. He seemed to be more honorable then that. And yet, Tori was used to being teased and tormented without warning - cats could appear beside her, torment her to their heart's content, and then walk away without another word. "Wh - who are... who are you?" The words sounded shaky, unsure, unconfident. Those were some of the things that summed Tori up pretty nicely.

She was nearly backed against the tree now, doing her best to try and gather the last bit of her courage so that she could fight back if she needed to. She had never been the best at fighting, and she certainly had never been good at standing up for herself. Neither of those things were going to change now that she was on her own... in fact, it seemed she was more nervous without cats around her. Tori hadn't minded the crowds of the Dusk Syndicate because she could blend in. But here? She stood out, being the only one. Maybe Toren would see just how frightened she was and take pity on her...
Sorry fo r any typos . I'm on mobile, and was in a little bit of a rush.
Toren watched the she-cat warily through watchful eyes. She didn't seem like she would harm him, but one could never be to sure. Maybe she was trying to take him for a fool. His face deepened in a frown, creases marking his black and white face. She sounds pretty honest. Always, Toren would try to see the better in people. Anyways, the young tom was petty sure she was in no state to fight him if it came to that. Even if the other were in his prime state. Toren wasn't that bad a fighter when it came down to it. He always seemed to dig deep, finding that one thing that drove him on every day. Right now, that things was , well, he wasn't so sure.

Toren never meant to leave his family the way he did. His mother, often fueled by anger and rage, had been upset by him one to many times. As she regretted the instinct that left her son with scar on his cheek, she couldn't make him stay. Toren did want to explore and get out of his birthplace, but not so by the anger of his mother. His siblings were the ones that kept him grounded, and without their passionate, protective support, the young tom felt alone and unwanted in the darkest of nights. For him, the greatest distraction was discovery and being focused on survival. He was determined not to let himself slip into depression because of one simple anger outburst.

Shaking himself mentally from his thoughts with a quick realization of where he was, Toren took a deep breath. Wo-who are you? The question ran through his mind, and the cat took a few moments to mull it over. Well, it couldn't do any harm to tell her my name. After all, she told him hers. "Toren." He replied shortly. He didn't feel like giving an explanation for his unusual name. Anyways, if she thought hid name was weird, he was pretty sure it was just about as weird as hers. Tori... He spoke the word inside his head, getting the feel of it. It wasn't a bad name. Infact, it was rather pretty.

The scruffy black and white tom cat flicked his tail. Why was she backing against he tree like that? Oh, right, he hadn't flattened his fur from it's hostile approach. Hurriedly smoothing his flank, Toren blinked, backing away. Maybe if he gave her space, she wouldn't freak. Plopping down on his haunches, the cat wrapped his tail neatly around his paws and watched her. Oops, that could come off as creepy. Pasting a grin on his face, he tried asking a question. Maybe he thought that he was diffusing the tension, but he may have actually made the situation more awkward. "What brings you to these woods?"

Last edited by Jynx; December 13th, 2017 at 03:39 PM.
Old December 14th, 2017, 08:12 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:

Sorry fo r any typos . I'm on mobile, and was in a little bit of a rush.
Toren watched the she-cat warily through watchful eyes. She didn't seem like she would harm him, but one could never be to sure. Maybe she was trying to take him for a fool. His face deepened in a frown, creases marking his black and white face. She sounds pretty honest. Always, Toren would try to see the better in people. Anyways, the young tom was petty sure she was in no state to fight him if it came to that. Even if the other were in his prime state. Toren wasn't that bad a fighter when it came down to it. He always seemed to dig deep, finding that one thing that drove him on every day. Right now, that things was , well, he wasn't so sure.

Toren never meant to leave his family the way he did. His mother, often fueled by anger and rage, had been upset by him one to many times. As she regretted the instinct that left her son with scar on his cheek, she couldn't make him stay. Toren did want to explore and get out of his birthplace, but not so by the anger of his mother. His siblings were the ones that kept him grounded, and without their passionate, protective support, the young tom felt alone and unwanted in the darkest of nights. For him, the greatest distraction was discovery and being focused on survival. He was determined not to let himself slip into depression because of one simple anger outburst.

Shaking himself mentally from his thoughts with a quick realization of where he was, Toren took a deep breath. Wo-who are you? The question ran through his mind, and the cat took a few moments to mull it over. Well, it couldn't do any harm to tell her my name. After all, she told him hers. "Toren." He replied shortly. He didn't feel like giving an explanation for his unusual name. Anyways, if she thought hid name was weird, he was pretty sure it was just about as weird as hers. Tori... He spoke the word inside his head, getting the feel of it. It wasn't a bad name. Infact, it was rather pretty.

The scruffy black and white tom cat flicked his tail. Why was she backing against he tree like that? Oh, right, he hadn't flattened his fur from it's hostile approach. Hurriedly smoothing his flank, Toren blinked, backing away. Maybe if he gave her space, she wouldn't freak. Plopping down on his haunches, the cat wrapped his tail neatly around his paws and watched her. Oops, that could come off as creepy. Pasting a grin on his face, he tried asking a question. Maybe he thought that he was diffusing the tension, but he may have actually made the situation more awkward. "What brings you to these woods?"
Toren? It sounded like a masculine version of her own name, or maybe hers was a feminine version of that - either way, their names were similar and it surprised Tori. She honestly hadn't been expecting that. "I - I like... your, um, your name..." She mewed with a self-concious note entering her voice. Toren didn't act like the type of cat who got a lot of compliments. And besides, maybe he would stop looking so hostile and act more friendly, and at least give Tori some peace of mind. Comfort didn't seem to be his type of thing either, but a girl could always hope, couldn't she? She was still pressed against the tree, like she thought it might be her saving grace - perhaps one of her friends from the Dusk Syndicate would magically appear if she wished them here hard enough, and protect her from any hostile attacks.
And then they would leave, and Tori would be alone again - in blissful silence and solitude. That sounded amazing, however, her fantasy was impossible. Her friend would probably stay there even if one of them did come, to make sure she was alright and all, and even if they did leave, she was in a spot where more travelers were likely to pass through. Probably not the mess territory Tori could have picked, to be honest. A glint of appreciation passed through her own features as Toren moved away, the hostility disappearing, but he did continue to watch her.
Smile or no smile, the silver Bengal did her best to keep from feeling like she was being judged by the tom and focus on the conversation at hand. Perhaps she desperately needed a conversation, it had been so long since she had talked - like really gotten to talk - to another feline. She thought about the tom's question for a minute, trying to piece the words together in her mind so they'd be easier to say. Except she knew they wouldn't come out perfectly, in the neat way they were set together. They would come out jumbled and messy and rough, and the illusion of the cat now having it more together would fade away. It always did. Perhaps when she was comfortable with the other tom, she would be able to keep that illusion up.
Doubtful; it would take a while before she was comfortable enough, anyways. "I, um... I was from the - the Dusk Syndicate, and I - uh - it kind of, well, fell apart... so - so I, I left and, and went as far as I could... far away as I could... ended up here." She shifted her weight again, but she had come off of the tree, and her own fur had flattened down in a more friendly manner as well. Tori even attempted a smile, mirroring the one that Toren had on his own face, but found it to be harder then she thought and ended up stopping after a minute. "What, uh... what about - about you?" She asked, stumbling over the words blindly, but managing to do okay in the end.

Old December 22nd, 2017, 05:53 AM
💙🦌💙

Quote:
Toren? It sounded like a masculine version of her own name, or maybe hers was a feminine version of that - either way, their names were similar and it surprised Tori. She honestly hadn't been expecting that. "I - I like... your, um, your name..." She mewed with a self-concious note entering her voice. Toren didn't act like the type of cat who got a lot of compliments. And besides, maybe he would stop looking so hostile and act more friendly, and at least give Tori some peace of mind. Comfort didn't seem to be his type of thing either, but a girl could always hope, couldn't she? She was still pressed against the tree, like she thought it might be her saving grace - perhaps one of her friends from the Dusk Syndicate would magically appear if she wished them here hard enough, and protect her from any hostile attacks.
And then they would leave, and Tori would be alone again - in blissful silence and solitude. That sounded amazing, however, her fantasy was impossible. Her friend would probably stay there even if one of them did come, to make sure she was alright and all, and even if they did leave, she was in a spot where more travelers were likely to pass through. Probably not the mess territory Tori could have picked, to be honest. A glint of appreciation passed through her own features as Toren moved away, the hostility disappearing, but he did continue to watch her.
Smile or no smile, the silver Bengal did her best to keep from feeling like she was being judged by the tom and focus on the conversation at hand. Perhaps she desperately needed a conversation, it had been so long since she had talked - like really gotten to talk - to another feline. She thought about the tom's question for a minute, trying to piece the words together in her mind so they'd be easier to say. Except she knew they wouldn't come out perfectly, in the neat way they were set together. They would come out jumbled and messy and rough, and the illusion of the cat now having it more together would fade away. It always did. Perhaps when she was comfortable with the other tom, she would be able to keep that illusion up.
Doubtful; it would take a while before she was comfortable enough, anyways. "I, um... I was from the - the Dusk Syndicate, and I - uh - it kind of, well, fell apart... so - so I, I left and, and went as far as I could... far away as I could... ended up here." She shifted her weight again, but she had come off of the tree, and her own fur had flattened down in a more friendly manner as well. Tori even attempted a smile, mirroring the one that Toren had on his own face, but found it to be harder then she thought and ended up stopping after a minute. "What, uh... what about - about you?" She asked, stumbling over the words blindly, but managing to do okay in the end.
Toren flicked one of his brown and white ear as she replied to his inquiries. "Thank you," he meowed, his voice genuinely pleased. "I like your as well." He gave a sudden purr, long whiskers twitching with amusement. "Funny, isn't it?" He blinked, fixing his sea green gaze on her, a smile tipping the corners of his slender maw. "We take credit for another's decision." His mother had told him once that she should be the one congratulated for such a name as his own. How so? He had asked her. She had replied with a simple answer. For I chose it for you done. As thoughts about what he had left behind slipped through his memories like water in a fast flowing river, Toren gave himself a hurried mental shake. One mustn't think of the past while the present was at work. Refocusing his distant gaze on Tori, he gave a courteous dip of his head.

"Sorry," he meowed, the smile replaced with a serious, earnest expression. "I mean not to confuse. The words through which I speak done an unfamiliar pattern unlike most." Toren's gave rested on her tense form, wondering what had shaped her to be frightened as so. His question was no longer left without answer, for her reply told him almost he needed to know. I, um... I was from the- the Dusk Syndicate, and I - uh - it kind of, well, fell apart He resisted the subtle urge to give a snort. He himself didn't have a bone to pick with those cats, but he sure heard rumors of their keen sense for ruthlessness. Toren' she tail twitched, and he swept it over the ground behind him. "Ah," he murmured half to himself, his attention straying to a falling leaf as he remembers suddenly where he had heard the name. The tom cat had listened to many a rumor that was going about how the Syndicate had attempted a mass attack and then were defeated and scattered. "I didn't assume the rumors to be true. Not in the full, for the matter."

As she asked her question, Toren pondered for a moment, stalling, if one would dare to say aloud. He drew one sharp claw through a patch of smooth dirt infront of him, attempting to find the words to say. He didn't wish to tell this Tori all of his troubles, but was hesitant to hide too much. "I left my family from our home in The Barn many days ago." The tom cat flinched; that sentence flowed horrible. Hopefully she won't mind. He hurried on with hardly a breath. "I've traveled through pines, storms, and many a human city. staying not among felines as yourself, but seeking solitude in chase of thoughts. Then by chance I happened to find you here. For better or worse, I do not yet know." Toren suddenly realized this could seem doubtful of her goodness, and he certainly didn't wish to come off as so. "For better, as of now." He added reassuringly with a quick, fleeting smile.

Relaying his story, though not in the full, seemed to take a mental weight off his shoulders. It actually felt nice talking to a normal cat in a normal convesation. She seemed nothing like the shifty and could-be vile city cats, who had time for none but a fleeting, curt, and not to mention short-tempered word or two. Toren was pretty sure that Tori had never encountered one such as himself before, though. Not many travelers took up speech as his, and not many appreciated the ancient appeal to such an old way of words. Even his family back at The Barn attempted to sway him from his mentally-challenging speech. He was not to be swayed. It came natural to Toren, just as common speech, as he called it, came naturally to others. He would not discern his calling to the past treasures.

Last edited by Jynx; December 22nd, 2017 at 05:56 AM.
Old December 24th, 2017, 08:57 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:

Toren flicked one of his brown and white ear as she replied to his inquiries. "Thank you," he meowed, his voice genuinely pleased. "I like your as well." He gave a sudden purr, long whiskers twitching with amusement. "Funny, isn't it?" He blinked, fixing his sea green gaze on her, a smile tipping the corners of his slender maw. "We take credit for another's decision." His mother had told him once that she should be the one congratulated for such a name as his own. How so? He had asked her. She had replied with a simple answer. For I chose it for you done. As thoughts about what he had left behind slipped through his memories like water in a fast flowing river, Toren gave himself a hurried mental shake. One mustn't think of the past while the present was at work. Refocusing his distant gaze on Tori, he gave a courteous dip of his head.

"Sorry," he meowed, the smile replaced with a serious, earnest expression. "I mean not to confuse. The words through which I speak done an unfamiliar pattern unlike most." Toren's gave rested on her tense form, wondering what had shaped her to be frightened as so. His question was no longer left without answer, for her reply told him almost he needed to know. I, um... I was from the- the Dusk Syndicate, and I - uh - it kind of, well, fell apart He resisted the subtle urge to give a snort. He himself didn't have a bone to pick with those cats, but he sure heard rumors of their keen sense for ruthlessness. Toren' she tail twitched, and he swept it over the ground behind him. "Ah," he murmured half to himself, his attention straying to a falling leaf as he remembers suddenly where he had heard the name. The tom cat had listened to many a rumor that was going about how the Syndicate had attempted a mass attack and then were defeated and scattered. "I didn't assume the rumors to be true. Not in the full, for the matter."

As she asked her question, Toren pondered for a moment, stalling, if one would dare to say aloud. He drew one sharp claw through a patch of smooth dirt infront of him, attempting to find the words to say. He didn't wish to tell this Tori all of his troubles, but was hesitant to hide too much. "I left my family from our home in The Barn many days ago." The tom cat flinched; that sentence flowed horrible. Hopefully she won't mind. He hurried on with hardly a breath. "I've traveled through pines, storms, and many a human city. staying not among felines as yourself, but seeking solitude in chase of thoughts. Then by chance I happened to find you here. For better or worse, I do not yet know." Toren suddenly realized this could seem doubtful of her goodness, and he certainly didn't wish to come off as so. "For better, as of now." He added reassuringly with a quick, fleeting smile.

Relaying his story, though not in the full, seemed to take a mental weight off his shoulders. It actually felt nice talking to a normal cat in a normal convesation. She seemed nothing like the shifty and could-be vile city cats, who had time for none but a fleeting, curt, and not to mention short-tempered word or two. Toren was pretty sure that Tori had never encountered one such as himself before, though. Not many travelers took up speech as his, and not many appreciated the ancient appeal to such an old way of words. Even his family back at The Barn attempted to sway him from his mentally-challenging speech. He was not to be swayed. It came natural to Toren, just as common speech, as he called it, came naturally to others. He would not discern his calling to the past treasures.
The she cat shrugged, thinking about what he had said. Her Mother might have named her, but in her opinion the name had been given to her - it belonged to her, which meant everything that came along with it. That was probably why cats complimented each other on their names, not each other's parents. However, she wouldn't comment on that... instead she gave a small smile and nodded. Toren did sound right, too, even if Tori didn't completely agree, though that may have had something to do with the way that he spoke. It was elegant, refined, and she loved the sound of it. It flowed almost perfectly, and coming from his mouth, it sounded right. He was a stranger, perhaps one from far away, one who didn't have the same experiences and customs of the Dusk Syndicate, so no wonder he spoke strangely. Tori had rarely spoken there, and was still getting used to this freedom she had to speak.

She still wasn't comfortable speaking her mind, though she never had been. Being born and raised in the Dusk Syndicate, Tori had soon learned that if she wanted to survive, she was going to have to keep her head down and her mouth shut. She didn't have it as rough as some... meaning the poor cats she had seen bullied simply because they weren't members of the Syndicate, or at least they hadn't been born there. Tori didn't agree with treating other cats like that, not that she was allowed to have that opinion... all she was allowed to do was sit still and watch and hope that she wouldn't be next. She never had been, she was always bullied off to the side when she was on her own, by one or two cats... mercilessly, yes, but at least it wasn't as public. Though that might have had something to do with her parents, scarier cats who took good care of her... or at least, they had. Tori had no idea where her parents or siblings were now, and she was hoping that they were okay.

Even the siblings who had been cruel to her were still family, and Tori was determined to treat them as such. Perhaps she would run into them later on, there was no way of knowing who all was out here, after all. "I... I like the way you, uh, the way you talk..." Tori's mew came through shyly, still unsure whether or not it was okay to say something like that. She hadn't been socially apt back in the Syndicate, and it seemed even out here, where there was only herself and Toren for... miles, most likely, she still wasn't able to pull herself together. Then again, Tori hadn't been very good with change, either. As horrible as that place was, she had almost been tempted to stay in the broken-down territory, where there would be a few other loyal members skulking around, probably... but hopefully she would be fine.

"Oh - oh no, they're... they're true." She mewed with a stammer, a shiver going down her spine and making it almost buzz with all the anxiety she was holding in her small body. Tori was still sitting near the tree, though when he began speaking again, telling her of his backstory - or at least part of it - she listened, intrigued. Her ears pricked up as she leaned partly forward, listening to the almost musical flow of his voice. If only she could speak like that, she was sure she wouldn't have been so shy and nervous. Who would ever make fun of words like those? She felt bland, boring next to him and his words and the tale that he spun - what made it even better was that it was a true tale. Tori had heard many stories over her young lifetime, but this one was more impressive to her.

"Well, uh, I hope it... it continues to be for the - for the better here, and... and I hope you find whatever it is you're - you're looking for, uh, if - if you are looking for... for something." That last part was added on more quickly, as Tori realized he had never specifically said that he was looking for something. But unless this home he spoke of was like the Syndicate, or the Clans, and had fallen apart, what other reason could he possibly have to leave? Perhaps he had been mistreated, or something? Tori wasn't going to go into all of that, though... she thought it would be rude.

Last edited by lone; December 24th, 2017 at 08:58 AM.
Old January 14th, 2018, 11:16 AM
💙🦌💙

Quote:
The she cat shrugged, thinking about what he had said. Her Mother might have named her, but in her opinion the name had been given to her - it belonged to her, which meant everything that came along with it. That was probably why cats complimented each other on their names, not each other's parents. However, she wouldn't comment on that... instead she gave a small smile and nodded. Toren did sound right, too, even if Tori didn't completely agree, though that may have had something to do with the way that he spoke. It was elegant, refined, and she loved the sound of it. It flowed almost perfectly, and coming from his mouth, it sounded right. He was a stranger, perhaps one from far away, one who didn't have the same experiences and customs of the Dusk Syndicate, so no wonder he spoke strangely. Tori had rarely spoken there, and was still getting used to this freedom she had to speak.

She still wasn't comfortable speaking her mind, though she never had been. Being born and raised in the Dusk Syndicate, Tori had soon learned that if she wanted to survive, she was going to have to keep her head down and her mouth shut. She didn't have it as rough as some... meaning the poor cats she had seen bullied simply because they weren't members of the Syndicate, or at least they hadn't been born there. Tori didn't agree with treating other cats like that, not that she was allowed to have that opinion... all she was allowed to do was sit still and watch and hope that she wouldn't be next. She never had been, she was always bullied off to the side when she was on her own, by one or two cats... mercilessly, yes, but at least it wasn't as public. Though that might have had something to do with her parents, scarier cats who took good care of her... or at least, they had. Tori had no idea where her parents or siblings were now, and she was hoping that they were okay.

Even the siblings who had been cruel to her were still family, and Tori was determined to treat them as such. Perhaps she would run into them later on, there was no way of knowing who all was out here, after all. "I... I like the way you, uh, the way you talk..." Tori's mew came through shyly, still unsure whether or not it was okay to say something like that. She hadn't been socially apt back in the Syndicate, and it seemed even out here, where there was only herself and Toren for... miles, most likely, she still wasn't able to pull herself together. Then again, Tori hadn't been very good with change, either. As horrible as that place was, she had almost been tempted to stay in the broken-down territory, where there would be a few other loyal members skulking around, probably... but hopefully she would be fine.

"Oh - oh no, they're... they're true." She mewed with a stammer, a shiver going down her spine and making it almost buzz with all the anxiety she was holding in her small body. Tori was still sitting near the tree, though when he began speaking again, telling her of his backstory - or at least part of it - she listened, intrigued. Her ears pricked up as she leaned partly forward, listening to the almost musical flow of his voice. If only she could speak like that, she was sure she wouldn't have been so shy and nervous. Who would ever make fun of words like those? She felt bland, boring next to him and his words and the tale that he spun - what made it even better was that it was a true tale. Tori had heard many stories over her young lifetime, but this one was more impressive to her.

"Well, uh, I hope it... it continues to be for the - for the better here, and... and I hope you find whatever it is you're - you're looking for, uh, if - if you are looking for... for something." That last part was added on more quickly, as Tori realized he had never specifically said that he was looking for something. But unless this home he spoke of was like the Syndicate, or the Clans, and had fallen apart, what other reason could he possibly have to leave? Perhaps he had been mistreated, or something? Tori wasn't going to go into all of that, though... she thought it would be rude.
( ( Ugh, sorry this is so late; I've had way more on my plate then intended. Also, I'm having a huge writer's block, so my posts will be rather short. At least it falls at a convenient time; I don't have much time anyways to write longer posts. Sorry, again! ) )

Toren perked his ears as she complimented him, reassuring the tom that he didn't speak odd to her. "That is courteous." he purred with a small nod. A few moments later as she confirmed his suspicions and the rumors that flew around from city cat to kittypet, and back again, the male gave a small frown. I'm sorry to hear that I say true." He shuddered, it must've been hard, growing up like that. As Tori offered him good luck, he gave a crooked smile in return, making his overall appearance much more friendly and happy. As the tom cat replied, he allowed more warmth and openness enter his mew. It was obvious she wasn't a threat. No cat could present that well. That he had met. Clearing his threat, Toren made to reply. "May good fortune follow you as well. Though trouble seems keen to enter, peace and contentment is never far off the horizon." The tabby tom couldn't help but smile again, shifting his paws in the sand.

Maybe it would be polite to ask her about herself. He thought, mulling of over his options. He could make conversation, or just leave. She seemed to leave the decision with him. After a minute or so of silence, Toren peered curiously at her, not at all trying to hide his obvious attempt at conversation again. Making up his mind at how to approach, the tom flicked his tail invitingly toward her. "What was it likein the Dusk Syndicate?" He had decided to go with the blanket, open question. He was wondering, after all.

Last edited by Jynx; January 14th, 2018 at 11:17 AM.
Old January 17th, 2018, 05:31 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:

( ( Ugh, sorry this is so late; I've had way more on my plate then intended. Also, I'm having a huge writer's block, so my posts will be rather short. At least it falls at a convenient time; I don't have much time anyways to write longer posts. Sorry, again! ) )

Toren perked his ears as she complimented him, reassuring the tom that he didn't speak odd to her. "That is courteous." he purred with a small nod. A few moments later as she confirmed his suspicions and the rumors that flew around from city cat to kittypet, and back again, the male gave a small frown. I'm sorry to hear that I say true." He shuddered, it must've been hard, growing up like that. As Tori offered him good luck, he gave a crooked smile in return, making his overall appearance much more friendly and happy. As the tom cat replied, he allowed more warmth and openness enter his mew. It was obvious she wasn't a threat. No cat could present that well. That he had met. Clearing his threat, Toren made to reply. "May good fortune follow you as well. Though trouble seems keen to enter, peace and contentment is never far off the horizon." The tabby tom couldn't help but smile again, shifting his paws in the sand.

Maybe it would be polite to ask her about herself. He thought, mulling of over his options. He could make conversation, or just leave. She seemed to leave the decision with him. After a minute or so of silence, Toren peered curiously at her, not at all trying to hide his obvious attempt at conversation again. Making up his mind at how to approach, the tom flicked his tail invitingly toward her. "What was it likein the Dusk Syndicate?" He had decided to go with the blanket, open question. He was wondering, after all.
The way the tom spoke fascinated Tori. In the Dusk Syndicate, not many cats spoke with such fluent, elegant language. Sure, there was the occasional "oddball" who would speak like that for a little while - but not quite in this way. His words were like music, and Tori wished that her own speech could flow from her maw as elegantly. "Thank you," The she cat mewed in an awkward, almost jerking motion as she tried to figure out how to best make her voice sound like that. Perhaps Toren could... hang around for a little while, teach her how to speak like that? Of course, Tori would be careful. Strangers were dangerous. But a stranger who spoke so beautifully... the she cat might not be as willing to trust, but she was guillible. Tricking her was not hard. Had Toren meant to hurt her, he would have been able to do so quite easily - she was fascinated by him, and she was weak from the recent disbanding of the Syndicate.

Tori's position was more relaxed now, less ready to run away, as she faced the other tom. One of the good things about being out here on her own again was the laziness of it all... she didn't have to worry about training, working, rushing around like crazy. She could be lazy if she felt like it, hunt when she felt like it, and there was no training. Tori was going to have to stick with the training she had recieved before. That wasn't a fully good or bad thing, it was just... something new. And new was exciting. The tom's question made her blue eyes shadow over a little, however, and she shook her head. "It's a bad place. Very dark. There are not many nice cats there." Again, she tried to copy his odd way of speech, her voice jerking some. At least she didn't stutter this time - it was part of her new attempts. She was basically mimicking his tone, which was helping some - hopefully Toren wouldn't take it the wrong way.

Last edited by lone; January 17th, 2018 at 05:32 PM.
Old January 24th, 2018, 06:31 PM
💙🦌💙

Quote:
The way the tom spoke fascinated Tori. In the Dusk Syndicate, not many cats spoke with such fluent, elegant language. Sure, there was the occasional "oddball" who would speak like that for a little while - but not quite in this way. His words were like music, and Tori wished that her own speech could flow from her maw as elegantly. "Thank you," The she cat mewed in an awkward, almost jerking motion as she tried to figure out how to best make her voice sound like that. Perhaps Toren could... hang around for a little while, teach her how to speak like that? Of course, Tori would be careful. Strangers were dangerous. But a stranger who spoke so beautifully... the she cat might not be as willing to trust, but she was guillible. Tricking her was not hard. Had Toren meant to hurt her, he would have been able to do so quite easily - she was fascinated by him, and she was weak from the recent disbanding of the Syndicate.

Tori's position was more relaxed now, less ready to run away, as she faced the other tom. One of the good things about being out here on her own again was the laziness of it all... she didn't have to worry about training, working, rushing around like crazy. She could be lazy if she felt like it, hunt when she felt like it, and there was no training. Tori was going to have to stick with the training she had recieved before. That wasn't a fully good or bad thing, it was just... something new. And new was exciting. The tom's question made her blue eyes shadow over a little, however, and she shook her head. "It's a bad place. Very dark. There are not many nice cats there." Again, she tried to copy his odd way of speech, her voice jerking some. At least she didn't stutter this time - it was part of her new attempts. She was basically mimicking his tone, which was helping some - hopefully Toren wouldn't take it the wrong way.
Toren watched as the she-cat before him began to relax. He was glad; it often made him nervous whenever others were tense for a reason he knew not. The tom cat flicked his tail as Tori spoke her three sentences, two of them rather short. Despite his attempt to hide it, his head tipped ever so slightly to the side in puzzlement. He was glad to hear she had stopped stuttering, for the time being, at least, but something was...off. Different. Then it hit him; she was using the same tone as him! Toren's ears perked as he ran over her words in his mind. His tone was even, calm, and dragged slightly out at the ends of his sentences. She had immitaded him, though for a reason he didn't yet understand. "That does not sound like a very appealing place. The dark hides many secrets." His voice trailed off, and Toren frowned into the distance. Much to his dissapointment, Toren found himself rather boring to converse with; he never knew what to say, or when to say it. "Well," he meowed slowly, biding his time. "Is your destination these woods, or are you seeking a place of more solitude?" Hopefully she didn't find his presence a bother.

Last edited by Jynx; January 24th, 2018 at 06:31 PM.