Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!

Need a helping hand? Check out this thread for info on how to get some egg hunt hints!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Clan Name Game
by Topaz
Last post by the kitty
Today 12:39 AM
RiverClan New Character...
Last post by finley.exe
Today 12:37 AM
Character interaction and...
Last post by *_Athena_*
Today 12:26 AM
~>>Windflowerpaw's.....
by nyx
Last post by ramen
Today 12:23 AM
Doeflame finder
Last post by kittycatburmise
Today 12:12 AM

Old February 2nd, 2017, 04:25 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Default Calia's Garden [Private]

The garden surrounding a twoleg cabin is where Calia makes her home.

Her nest lies beneath a small wooden bridge in the cabin's garden, beside a pool of water.

Last edited by AbsurdJinx; March 12th, 2018 at 07:22 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2017, 04:45 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: Calia's Garden [Private]

Obsidian padded cautiously up tot he housethe house. No twolegs were there currently, and for the moment being, he couldn't spot any other cats. The nest didn't look deserted...it looked rather well kept, pretty, friendly. He couldn't understand why a pretty twoleg nest like this would appear to be so...deserted. Carefully he continued onwards towards the door, his ears pinned backwards against his skull as he did so. Caution was one thing that Obsidian practiced regularly- he was living in fear of getting caught by a twoleg. A life like that was only a half-life, in his opinion. Maybe not even a life at all.

Although he knew there were cats who would disagree with his views, at the moment, Obsidian couldn't have cared less. His tail twitched back and forth as his hues swept the area, thoughts going through his head quickly. No sign of twolegs- good. The house looks nice- not sure. Deserted- maybe. Comfortable- definitely. Wonder if I can get in...no, if there are twolegs here somewhere, they might trap me. And what if they've got a dog- not for me, no thanks. That sunny spot looks nice. No sign of anyone over there. He thought, glancing cautiously from side to side before settling down. He had been a kittypet before- although he had carefully slipped away, and his twolegs were never the wiser.

They'll probably just get another cat. Stupid twolegs- they never cared about me anyways. He thought with a furious lash of his tail. He wasn't quite sure where to go from here. He was worried that if he became a loner, he wouldn't quite know how to look after himself...the twolegs had 'rescued' him off the streets, in their words, and ever since then he had been spoiled rotten. What if he didn't know how to avoid twolegs? Or predators? The only practice hunting he had gotten had been fat mice in a tiny area, not out in the wilds where they were larger, not to mention smarter and meaner. How could a little critter like that have such a powerful bite?

Obsidian settled down a little more, relaxing. The peaceful birdsong in the garden seemed to calm him more, making him feel more at home and rested. His hues half closed lazily as he let down his guard. No one would hurt him here. No other 'more important, special' cat to take attention away from him. No twolegs telling him to get out because his 'adopted brother' needed to get ready for showtime. No cats rejecting him just because he wasn't purebred. No, all of that was in the past now. Now he was safe. He would never let anyone get close to him again. He would never let himself be broken as he had before again. Everything was going just fine...

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.

Last edited by lone; February 2nd, 2017 at 04:46 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2017, 05:37 PM
i love sussy the bestest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post

Obsidian padded cautiously up tot he housethe house. No twolegs were there currently, and for the moment being, he couldn't spot any other cats. The nest didn't look deserted...it looked rather well kept, pretty, friendly. He couldn't understand why a pretty twoleg nest like this would appear to be so...deserted. Carefully he continued onwards towards the door, his ears pinned backwards against his skull as he did so. Caution was one thing that Obsidian practiced regularly- he was living in fear of getting caught by a twoleg. A life like that was only a half-life, in his opinion. Maybe not even a life at all.

Although he knew there were cats who would disagree with his views, at the moment, Obsidian couldn't have cared less. His tail twitched back and forth as his hues swept the area, thoughts going through his head quickly. No sign of twolegs- good. The house looks nice- not sure. Deserted- maybe. Comfortable- definitely. Wonder if I can get in...no, if there are twolegs here somewhere, they might trap me. And what if they've got a dog- not for me, no thanks. That sunny spot looks nice. No sign of anyone over there. He thought, glancing cautiously from side to side before settling down. He had been a kittypet before- although he had carefully slipped away, and his twolegs were never the wiser.

They'll probably just get another cat. Stupid twolegs- they never cared about me anyways. He thought with a furious lash of his tail. He wasn't quite sure where to go from here. He was worried that if he became a loner, he wouldn't quite know how to look after himself...the twolegs had 'rescued' him off the streets, in their words, and ever since then he had been spoiled rotten. What if he didn't know how to avoid twolegs? Or predators? The only practice hunting he had gotten had been fat mice in a tiny area, not out in the wilds where they were larger, not to mention smarter and meaner. How could a little critter like that have such a powerful bite?

Obsidian settled down a little more, relaxing. The peaceful birdsong in the garden seemed to calm him more, making him feel more at home and rested. His hues half closed lazily as he let down his guard. No one would hurt him here. No other 'more important, special' cat to take attention away from him. No twolegs telling him to get out because his 'adopted brother' needed to get ready for showtime. No cats rejecting him just because he wasn't purebred. No, all of that was in the past now. Now he was safe. He would never let anyone get close to him again. He would never let himself be broken as he had before again. Everything was going just fine...
Calia's ears grew erect and her whiskers twitched with interest at the sight of a stranger. She was currently fixing up her bed, a nest created with the plants in the garden. It had been challenging to tear a few of the plants from the ground, and her teeth ached from tugging at the stalks. Calia stood tall, but was hidden by the thick undergrowth. She made her home beneath the small bridge by the twoleg den, her belongings hiding behind tall plants and beneath the wooden planks. She'd been living here since the ShadowClan patrol left her - a few moons, perhaps?

Deciding to investigate, she pawed a few of the messy grasses back into place before making herself known. She trotted out from beneath the bridge, squeezing through the stiff plants to freedom. Her curious gaze rested on that of a dark-pelted tomcat, his fur shining in the sunlight. He appeared to of been resting - was he a traveler? I can't handle another traveler - not another. Despite the agonizing thought, she trotted closer to him, making certain her paw steps were heavy as to alert him of her arrival. Her medium-length, thick, ginger tabby pelt slightly bounced up and down with every exaggerated step. Her tail swung behind her cheerfully, and her vibrant blue eyes held a spark of interest. She wore a large smile, clearly doing her best not to frighten him.

``Hey, stranger,`` Calia meowed softly, stopping a tail-length or so before the tomcat. ``I'm Calia. Are you lost?`` She tilted her head to the right a bit as she questioned him, offering an innocent, kit-like impression. She was your stereotypical mother - except, without the kittens. She would be friendly, soft-spoken, the most kind cat ever known. But when either she or her loved ones were messed with - oh boy, best not be 'round for that. At the moment, though, she had no reason to bring out `mama bear`.

In Calia' past, she resided in a garden - much thicker than the one she lived in currently, and not cared for as well. Traveling cats would stay with her for their chosen amount of time, and she didn't mind. She was known among travelers for homing them. They'd share stories of their travels with her as she tended to their wounds or shared a meal with them. They'd tell her of the four Clans by the ocean, and how they worked. Until, one day, she actually met clan cats. She had been hunting, and when she returned to the garden with a mouse clenched between her jaws she was faced with an entire patrol of them. Injured ShadowClan cats were cleaning their wounds and talking when Calia appeared. She told them she could tend to their injuries, and they let her. She learned they had been exiled by their evil clanmates, but they did plan to return and clean their home of such filth. Calia became friends with them, but moons after appearing, they left for their home. This truly destroyed her as she had grown close to them. She could no longer reside in the garden that haunted her with thoughts of the Clan cats. So, she left, and ended up here.
Old February 2nd, 2017, 05:52 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
Calia's ears grew erect and her whiskers twitched with interest at the sight of a stranger. She was currently fixing up her bed, a nest created with the plants in the garden. It had been challenging to tear a few of the plants from the ground, and her teeth ached from tugging at the stalks. Calia stood tall, but was hidden by the thick undergrowth. She made her home beneath the small bridge by the twoleg den, her belongings hiding behind tall plants and beneath the wooden planks. She'd been living here since the ShadowClan patrol left her - a few moons, perhaps?

Deciding to investigate, she pawed a few of the messy grasses back into place before making herself known. She trotted out from beneath the bridge, squeezing through the stiff plants to freedom. Her curious gaze rested on that of a dark-pelted tomcat, his fur shining in the sunlight. He appeared to of been resting - was he a traveler? I can't handle another traveler - not another. Despite the agonizing thought, she trotted closer to him, making certain her paw steps were heavy as to alert him of her arrival. Her medium-length, thick, ginger tabby pelt slightly bounced up and down with every exaggerated step. Her tail swung behind her cheerfully, and her vibrant blue eyes held a spark of interest. She wore a large smile, clearly doing her best not to frighten him.

``Hey, stranger,`` Calia meowed softly, stopping a tail-length or so before the tomcat. ``I'm Calia. Are you lost?`` She tilted her head to the right a bit as she questioned him, offering an innocent, kit-like impression. She was your stereotypical mother - except, without the kittens. She would be friendly, soft-spoken, the most kind cat ever known. But when either she or her loved ones were messed with - oh boy, best not be 'round for that. At the moment, though, she had no reason to bring out `mama bear`.

In Calia' past, she resided in a garden - much thicker than the one she lived in currently, and not cared for as well. Traveling cats would stay with her for their chosen amount of time, and she didn't mind. She was known among travelers for homing them. They'd share stories of their travels with her as she tended to their wounds or shared a meal with them. They'd tell her of the four Clans by the ocean, and how they worked. Until, one day, she actually met clan cats. She had been hunting, and when she returned to the garden with a mouse clenched between her jaws she was faced with an entire patrol of them. Injured ShadowClan cats were cleaning their wounds and talking when Calia appeared. She told them she could tend to their injuries, and they let her. She learned they had been exiled by their evil clanmates, but they did plan to return and clean their home of such filth. Calia became friends with them, but moons after appearing, they left for their home. This truly destroyed her as she had grown close to them. She could no longer reside in the garden that haunted her with thoughts of the Clan cats. So, she left, and ended up here.
Obsidian's ears tilted backwards and pinned themselves against his head. He leapt to his paws, hues now wide open, facing the she cat before him. She looked harmless enough. Hm. Small build, soft voice, definitely not a fighter...nicely groomed though, interesting. Doesn't have the scent of a kittypet. He thought, examining her for a moment with a nervous expression. "No, I'm not lost. What do you want?" He asked, his voice a dangerous growl. He backed away from her a little, careful not to break eye contact. He had learned not all cats could be trusted, and if he broke eye contact with this one...there was no telling what she might do. She could be a dangerous maniac. Or she could be a perfectly nice cat, he thought, though he tried to push the thought out of his head. Of course she wasn't a perfectly nice cat. She could be dangerous! What did she want from him? What was she looking for? Was she trying to distract him? He looked her over again, his hues wide with alarm as he did so.

Whether he wanted to admit it or not, and he never did...this she cat frightened him. She was too calm. Too quiet. Too...friendly. She must want something from him. Whatever it is, I won't give it to her! He thought with another snarl, his ivory fangs flashing in the sunlight. Slowly he unsheathed his claws, flexing them, allowing the sun to light them up, just silently trying to let her know that he had the power to hurt her if he wished to do so. The problem was, Obsidian wasn't a killer. He was a great fighter, but he was a defensive fighter. He hated attacking for no reason, and he hated cats who would do so. He was going to fight her verbally first, but not too much to allow his strength to give out.

Stupid, stupid cat. You let your guard down! How idiotic can you be! He thought, a snarl building up in his throat, although he swallowed it quickly. Not until he found out the intentions of this strange cat would he allow himself to be hostile towards her. The black furred tom could feel himself growing more and more frustrated with himself. Why was she standing so far away? Was she trying to freak him out? And why was she looking at him? What did she want? He couldn't figure out the answer to any of these questions by looking at her. She looked so innocent...and yet Obsidian had learned the hard way that the most innocent cats were the ones who seemed to be the most dangerous. That was just the way of the world, whether he understood it or not. At least, that was how it worked in his mind. Then again he had been through so much that it was only natural he would think that way. He glared at her, his hues narrowed as he tried to figure out what she was doing.

"Don't come any closer. I don't want to hurt you, but I will," He hissed. Although the she cat didn't look like she was going anywhere close to him, he definitely didn't want to take a chance. Better safe then sorry. Better cautious then not. In his opinion. He never, ever wanted to let his guard down again. Look what happened! I let my guard down, she could have hurt me, stupid, stupid Obsidian! He berated himself again, all the time keeping his hues fixed on the she cat with an almost defiant gleam in them. It was as though he were saying 'what are you going to do?' He didn't want to get into a fight. Especially not with a she cat. She didn't look defensive, or aggressive...but neither had the show cats. Those show cats had been vicious, unforgivable, cold cats. Cats that Obsidian wanted nothing to do with. Still, she didn't look much like a show cat. She didn't have the right coloring for a champion, nor the right stance, and she didn't have a snooty, stuck up voice...maybe she wasn't going to try and hurt him. Relaxing just the slightest bit, Obsidian resheathed his claws, his own words playing back in his head. I don't want to hurt you.

But if you hurt me, either physically or emotionally...you give me no choice. I 'm not going to be hurt again. He thought, keeping his hues fixed on her as though he was trying to convey his silent message through just staring.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old February 3rd, 2017, 07:36 PM
i love sussy the bestest

Quote:
Obsidian's ears tilted backwards and pinned themselves against his head. He leapt to his paws, hues now wide open, facing the she cat before him. She looked harmless enough. Hm. Small build, soft voice, definitely not a fighter...nicely groomed though, interesting. Doesn't have the scent of a kittypet. He thought, examining her for a moment with a nervous expression. "No, I'm not lost. What do you want?" He asked, his voice a dangerous growl. He backed away from her a little, careful not to break eye contact. He had learned not all cats could be trusted, and if he broke eye contact with this one...there was no telling what she might do. She could be a dangerous maniac. Or she could be a perfectly nice cat, he thought, though he tried to push the thought out of his head. Of course she wasn't a perfectly nice cat. She could be dangerous! What did she want from him? What was she looking for? Was she trying to distract him? He looked her over again, his hues wide with alarm as he did so.

Whether he wanted to admit it or not, and he never did...this she cat frightened him. She was too calm. Too quiet. Too...friendly. She must want something from him. Whatever it is, I won't give it to her! He thought with another snarl, his ivory fangs flashing in the sunlight. Slowly he unsheathed his claws, flexing them, allowing the sun to light them up, just silently trying to let her know that he had the power to hurt her if he wished to do so. The problem was, Obsidian wasn't a killer. He was a great fighter, but he was a defensive fighter. He hated attacking for no reason, and he hated cats who would do so. He was going to fight her verbally first, but not too much to allow his strength to give out.

Stupid, stupid cat. You let your guard down! How idiotic can you be! He thought, a snarl building up in his throat, although he swallowed it quickly. Not until he found out the intentions of this strange cat would he allow himself to be hostile towards her. The black furred tom could feel himself growing more and more frustrated with himself. Why was she standing so far away? Was she trying to freak him out? And why was she looking at him? What did she want? He couldn't figure out the answer to any of these questions by looking at her. She looked so innocent...and yet Obsidian had learned the hard way that the most innocent cats were the ones who seemed to be the most dangerous. That was just the way of the world, whether he understood it or not. At least, that was how it worked in his mind. Then again he had been through so much that it was only natural he would think that way. He glared at her, his hues narrowed as he tried to figure out what she was doing.

"Don't come any closer. I don't want to hurt you, but I will," He hissed. Although the she cat didn't look like she was going anywhere close to him, he definitely didn't want to take a chance. Better safe then sorry. Better cautious then not. In his opinion. He never, ever wanted to let his guard down again. Look what happened! I let my guard down, she could have hurt me, stupid, stupid Obsidian! He berated himself again, all the time keeping his hues fixed on the she cat with an almost defiant gleam in them. It was as though he were saying 'what are you going to do?' He didn't want to get into a fight. Especially not with a she cat. She didn't look defensive, or aggressive...but neither had the show cats. Those show cats had been vicious, unforgivable, cold cats. Cats that Obsidian wanted nothing to do with. Still, she didn't look much like a show cat. She didn't have the right coloring for a champion, nor the right stance, and she didn't have a snooty, stuck up voice...maybe she wasn't going to try and hurt him. Relaxing just the slightest bit, Obsidian resheathed his claws, his own words playing back in his head. I don't want to hurt you.

But if you hurt me, either physically or emotionally...you give me no choice. I 'm not going to be hurt again. He thought, keeping his hues fixed on her as though he was trying to convey his silent message through just staring.
Calia was surprised with his harsh tone, and her eyes gleamed brightly in the sunlight with her current emotion. She knew the poor tomcat was frightened - he gave away his anxiety in both his expression and actions. She was aware that he had been through a lot, possible more than any cat is capable of. Although she didn't exactly know what brought him to act the way he was, she knew it must not of been pretty. At the moment, she was convinced he would not harm her. He seemed harmless - only scared he was. She has experience with scared cats, some so scared they resorted to uncoordinated fighting before running off.

With a yelp of fright, the ginger she-cat jumped backwards. Her fur rose, and her tail fluffed out. Her ears were folded back and her eyes widened, displayed fright. Calia stared at the defensive tom, taken aback. He'd unsheathed his claws on her! How rude! was what crossed her mind. It looked as if he were to talk again, and when he did, she was in shock of his words. Quickly, her gaze hardened and her fur flattened. She lashed her tail, and opened her mouth to speak. ``Hey, no! I will not allow you to be so disrespectful! This is my home you are in, okay? Hasn't your mother taught you manners?`` Her tone was stern, most definitely not anything threatening. Instead, it resembled that of a mother scolding her kit.

Softening, Calia stepped back and gathered herself. She shook out her pelt, and kindness once again flooded her blue eyes. ``Now, would you like something to eat? I managed to store a few scrawny mice by the hou- er, twoleg nest. The weather's going easy on us this leaf-bare. The snow isn't bad, and the prey isn't as scarce as I had feared.`` Calia used one of her many techniques on the tomcat - distraction. She had swiftly recovered from his powerful looks, and she learned to ignore his rude nature. She wasn't interested in hurting him whether it be physically or emotionally. However, getting hurt can happen on accident - something she learned at a young age. Her intentions were not to harm him, and if she did, it would be accidental.

She refrained from asking his name, knowledgeable that having a complete stranger knowing of your name can be stressful. She herself was completely comfortable with freely giving out her signature - she had nothing to hide, but it seemed as if the tom before her did. Calia flicked her tail to the left, hinting that she would now pass by him to reach the place beside the house where she could dig up the prey. With hesitant steps, the long-haired molly began her trail by him. She was in a submissive posture, her belly fur brushing against the ground and her tail motionless at her side. She avoided his gaze, knowing that eye-contact can be nerve-racking for most.

Last edited by AbsurdJinx; February 3rd, 2017 at 07:37 PM.
Old February 5th, 2017, 10:30 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Calia was surprised with his harsh tone, and her eyes gleamed brightly in the sunlight with her current emotion. She knew the poor tomcat was frightened - he gave away his anxiety in both his expression and actions. She was aware that he had been through a lot, possible more than any cat is capable of. Although she didn't exactly know what brought him to act the way he was, she knew it must not of been pretty. At the moment, she was convinced he would not harm her. He seemed harmless - only scared he was. She has experience with scared cats, some so scared they resorted to uncoordinated fighting before running off.

With a yelp of fright, the ginger she-cat jumped backwards. Her fur rose, and her tail fluffed out. Her ears were folded back and her eyes widened, displayed fright. Calia stared at the defensive tom, taken aback. He'd unsheathed his claws on her! How rude! was what crossed her mind. It looked as if he were to talk again, and when he did, she was in shock of his words. Quickly, her gaze hardened and her fur flattened. She lashed her tail, and opened her mouth to speak. ``Hey, no! I will not allow you to be so disrespectful! This is my home you are in, okay? Hasn't your mother taught you manners?`` Her tone was stern, most definitely not anything threatening. Instead, it resembled that of a mother scolding her kit.

Softening, Calia stepped back and gathered herself. She shook out her pelt, and kindness once again flooded her blue eyes. ``Now, would you like something to eat? I managed to store a few scrawny mice by the hou- er, twoleg nest. The weather's going easy on us this leaf-bare. The snow isn't bad, and the prey isn't as scarce as I had feared.`` Calia used one of her many techniques on the tomcat - distraction. She had swiftly recovered from his powerful looks, and she learned to ignore his rude nature. She wasn't interested in hurting him whether it be physically or emotionally. However, getting hurt can happen on accident - something she learned at a young age. Her intentions were not to harm him, and if she did, it would be accidental.

She refrained from asking his name, knowledgeable that having a complete stranger knowing of your name can be stressful. She herself was completely comfortable with freely giving out her signature - she had nothing to hide, but it seemed as if the tom before her did. Calia flicked her tail to the left, hinting that she would now pass by him to reach the place beside the house where she could dig up the prey. With hesitant steps, the long-haired molly began her trail by him. She was in a submissive posture, her belly fur brushing against the ground and her tail motionless at her side. She avoided his gaze, knowing that eye-contact can be nerve-racking for most.
Obsidian's hues showed pleasure and pride at her fright. Although there was the slightest bit of regret as though he were realizing she probably hadn't expected to be snarled at when she got up that morning, it was well hidden by his pleased expression. This faded to anger and then shock when she came back on the defense, and it was his turn to step backwards- at least, further then he already had. For a moment he looked unsure of his to respond to an attack...it was pretty obvious he hadn't actually fought with a she cat before. But from his stance, his ears pinned back against his head, and the overall stance showed that he had been verbally abused plenty. She wasn't really being hard on him... No, she sounded more like- a mother? Did she have kits somewhere? Was that why she was suddenly going on the defensive, so he wouldn't hurt her kits? Obsidian looked a little shamed for a moment before he took a few steps towards her. "Look. I've been attacked, both physically and verbally. I've been scolded. I've been pushed around. I've been scared, alone, and anxious. I've had to worry about whether or not I'm going to be kicked out the next morning because I messed up. Have you ever had any of those problems? From where I'm standing, it seems like you have it pretty good here." The tom answered.

His voice was calm...he knew it must be hard to take care of a family if she was on her own, but surely no one would just leave her out here. She seemed decent enough, but...there was no way Obsidian would let his guard down. He stayed tense, nervous, his ears flicking backwards and betraying his discomfort along with his rapidly twitching tail. At her next words, Obsidian cocked his head to the side. What was she trying to do? What had happened to the defense that he had seen a moment ago? He had no idea. He was a little scared now, realizing that she might be more dangerous then he had previously thought. The fact that she could just...change her approach like that made him more uncertain.

Pretty much everything made the tom uncertain. He was worried that if he were to allow her to get through to him, or to be friendly with him, things could go very wrong very quickly. Why couldn't she have approached him hostily? It would have been so much easier for him to ignore the fact that she was a she cat and just attack if she wasn't so...feminine. His ears flattened themselves against his head and he scowled a little before sighing. "Alright. I guess that would be fine." He mewed, glancing around as though he expected cats to jump out at him from all angles. He needed to calm down and yet, he had the uneasy feeling that he normally had.

He watched her go, his tail twitching back and forth for a moment. Go ahead and tell her who you are, his mind urged and he wished that it had a form so he could see it to snarl at it. I don't even know this cat, he argued back, his tail twitching more violently now. She's giving you food. She hasn't attacked you. She seems pretty nice. His mind told him, and he felt almost sick as he glanced after her. He knew he couldn't go and make a friend. He knew he couldn't get too attached to her. He was going to be a wanderer, he was going to explore the world, see things he had never seen before. He was going to explore. He was going to do things that most cats never did. And yet sitting there, in the sunny spot, was one of the nicest times he had had in a long time. He didn't want to hurt her. He never wanted to hurt anyone- he knew it would never lead to something good for them or him.

And yet- was he going to be able to help it?

Last edited by lone; February 5th, 2017 at 11:01 AM.
Old February 11th, 2017, 10:51 PM
i love sussy the bestest

Quote:
Obsidian's hues showed pleasure and pride at her fright. Although there was the slightest bit of regret as though he were realizing she probably hadn't expected to be snarled at when she got up that morning, it was well hidden by his pleased expression. This faded to anger and then shock when she came back on the defense, and it was his turn to step backwards- at least, further then he already had. For a moment he looked unsure of his to respond to an attack...it was pretty obvious he hadn't actually fought with a she cat before. But from his stance, his ears pinned back against his head, and the overall stance showed that he had been verbally abused plenty. She wasn't really being hard on him... No, she sounded more like- a mother? Did she have kits somewhere? Was that why she was suddenly going on the defensive, so he wouldn't hurt her kits? Obsidian looked a little shamed for a moment before he took a few steps towards her. "Look. I've been attacked, both physically and verbally. I've been scolded. I've been pushed around. I've been scared, alone, and anxious. I've had to worry about whether or not I'm going to be kicked out the next morning because I messed up. Have you ever had any of those problems? From where I'm standing, it seems like you have it pretty good here." The tom answered.

His voice was calm...he knew it must be hard to take care of a family if she was on her own, but surely no one would just leave her out here. She seemed decent enough, but...there was no way Obsidian would let his guard down. He stayed tense, nervous, his ears flicking backwards and betraying his discomfort along with his rapidly twitching tail. At her next words, Obsidian cocked his head to the side. What was she trying to do? What had happened to the defense that he had seen a moment ago? He had no idea. He was a little scared now, realizing that she might be more dangerous then he had previously thought. The fact that she could just...change her approach like that made him more uncertain.

Pretty much everything made the tom uncertain. He was worried that if he were to allow her to get through to him, or to be friendly with him, things could go very wrong very quickly. Why couldn't she have approached him hostily? It would have been so much easier for him to ignore the fact that she was a she cat and just attack if she wasn't so...feminine. His ears flattened themselves against his head and he scowled a little before sighing. "Alright. I guess that would be fine." He mewed, glancing around as though he expected cats to jump out at him from all angles. He needed to calm down and yet, he had the uneasy feeling that he normally had.

He watched her go, his tail twitching back and forth for a moment. Go ahead and tell her who you are, his mind urged and he wished that it had a form so he could see it to snarl at it. I don't even know this cat, he argued back, his tail twitching more violently now. She's giving you food. She hasn't attacked you. She seems pretty nice. His mind told him, and he felt almost sick as he glanced after her. He knew he couldn't go and make a friend. He knew he couldn't get too attached to her. He was going to be a wanderer, he was going to explore the world, see things he had never seen before. He was going to explore. He was going to do things that most cats never did. And yet sitting there, in the sunny spot, was one of the nicest times he had had in a long time. He didn't want to hurt her. He never wanted to hurt anyone- he knew it would never lead to something good for them or him.

And yet- was he going to be able to help it?
Calia thought of the words of his statement. Attacked. Scolded. Pushed. Physically. Verbally. What has the poor tomcat been through before meeting her? She imagined the jagged, pink scars that must paint his undercoat, as well as the mental scars that haunting his dreams. Perhaps his past experiences are why he acted the way he did? Scared. Alone. Anxious. Calia knew how these emotions felt just as much as she knew their definitions. However, judging by the way he acted, he most likely faced unimaginable things. Kicked out. Messed up. Has he had multiple homes before stumbling upon her? Has he been constantly worrying about being chased out? All because of a mistake?

Have you ever had any of those problems? Calia nearly bristled at this, and her vibrant blue eyes glistened with a furious rage. How dare he assume what I've been through? She succeeded in keeping her fur flat, and she was lucky that she was not facing the stranger. She halted before the place she buried scrawny mice, and she began to dig. Her paws scooped up pawfuls of earth, and firmly packed them in a pile beside the growing hole. As she dug, she figured she could respond to his former statement.

``Mm, I feel you should consider what others have been through before saying such things as `have you been through that`, don't you think?`` Calia's tone was light, hinting that she was a genuinely friendly cat despite the anger that drove her tail to lash. How kind and strong she must be to refrain from blowing up on the tom. The tomcat's words has clipped a string inside her and driven her to feel upset over her past. She had previously considered asking him if he's been through depression, but she decided she would not stoop down to his level.

When the tails of a few gaunt mice were clenched softly between her jaws, she began the short trot to the stranger where she dropped two of the three rodents a few tail-lengths before him. She figured he must be hungry - she didn't know the last time he had eaten. Taking her previous position from before she left to grab the prey, she sat down and set the mouse at her forepaws. Her thick tail was curled at her side, and she drew her tongue along her damp lips hungrily. Figuring she has said enough, and it was his turn to speak, Calia bent her head to bite into the flesh of the rodent.
Old February 12th, 2017, 10:02 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Calia thought of the words of his statement. Attacked. Scolded. Pushed. Physically. Verbally. What has the poor tomcat been through before meeting her? She imagined the jagged, pink scars that must paint his undercoat, as well as the mental scars that haunting his dreams. Perhaps his past experiences are why he acted the way he did? Scared. Alone. Anxious. Calia knew how these emotions felt just as much as she knew their definitions. However, judging by the way he acted, he most likely faced unimaginable things. Kicked out. Messed up. Has he had multiple homes before stumbling upon her? Has he been constantly worrying about being chased out? All because of a mistake?

Have you ever had any of those problems? Calia nearly bristled at this, and her vibrant blue eyes glistened with a furious rage. How dare he assume what I've been through? She succeeded in keeping her fur flat, and she was lucky that she was not facing the stranger. She halted before the place she buried scrawny mice, and she began to dig. Her paws scooped up pawfuls of earth, and firmly packed them in a pile beside the growing hole. As she dug, she figured she could respond to his former statement.

``Mm, I feel you should consider what others have been through before saying such things as `have you been through that`, don't you think?`` Calia's tone was light, hinting that she was a genuinely friendly cat despite the anger that drove her tail to lash. How kind and strong she must be to refrain from blowing up on the tom. The tomcat's words has clipped a string inside her and driven her to feel upset over her past. She had previously considered asking him if he's been through depression, but she decided she would not stoop down to his level.

When the tails of a few gaunt mice were clenched softly between her jaws, she began the short trot to the stranger where she dropped two of the three rodents a few tail-lengths before him. She figured he must be hungry - she didn't know the last time he had eaten. Taking her previous position from before she left to grab the prey, she sat down and set the mouse at her forepaws. Her thick tail was curled at her side, and she drew her tongue along her damp lips hungrily. Figuring she has said enough, and it was his turn to speak, Calia bent her head to bite into the flesh of the rodent.
Obsidian watched her, wondering how she would react to his earlier words. Nothing so far. He imagined that might have been insensitive of him, but at the moment- he really didn't care. Obsidian tried to relax a little more. She wasn't exactly in a position to hurt him, right? And besides, she had already made her intentions pretty clear. Besides that, she wouldn't stand a chance. If I have to, I will fight her. He thought, the tip of his tail twitching as he listened to the she cat speak. "Maybe. Perhaps I was wrong to say that; but I've learned that I need to speak more forcefully if I don't want to be trampled beneath cats who are stronger then me. Since I don't know you, I don't know whether I can trust you not to hurt me the moment I let my guard down. Understood?" Obsidian asked, his words coming out in a low growl that seemed to say you better understand, I'm not going to say all of that again whether you got it or not.
What he had said had been true. He had learned over the moons of being shadowed out, fading into the background, that if he wanted authority and respect- not necessarily given so much as forced, he was going to have to toughen up and bluff until he could win over the other cats. He watched the she cat come back and stared at the rodents that had been dropped slightly before him. He shifted his weight, staring at them until slowly, he got up and picked them up, carrying them further away from the she cat. After saying all of that, he wasn't sure whether she was going to be as friendly as before. Still, her intentions were good- as far as Obsidian could tell, though he knew better then to let his guard down. It was wrong, plain and simple; at least, in his world it was.
He knew better then to get hurt again. He knew better then to allow her to slip through his guard, as others had done before her, and do all sorts of damage. Obsidian had adapted, in a way- adapted to learn things about cats by watching them. As he settled down again, he glanced up at her and sighed, shifting his weight again before fixing his hues on her. "Thank you." He mewed in a low voice, one that he wasn't quite sure whether she could hear or not, but it was the best he was going to do. Maybe this wasn't going to be so bad. Maybe she didn't have an intention to hurt him. Maybe she wasn't going to end up being like so many others, wanting to get close to him to use him, to hurt him, to ditch him as soon as he had served a purpose.
There were so many cats like that. So many cats who had decided they wanted to use others for their own selfish purposes, without giving so much as a thought to how the other cat might feel. Obsidian was not one of these cats. He didn't play around with others' emotions, making them feel special and wanted one moment and then ditching them the next. Oh he had tried- he had figured it might help him fit in with the other cats, but he had learned that they had been using him in that as well. Obsidian lowered his head and took a bite of one of the rodents. It had been a while since he had last eaten, but he didn't want to show her how hungry he was by tearing into it: as much as he wanted to. He knew that would be something she could later use against him, and didn't want to give it to her.

Old February 17th, 2017, 04:16 PM
i love sussy the bestest

Quote:
Obsidian watched her, wondering how she would react to his earlier words. Nothing so far. He imagined that might have been insensitive of him, but at the moment- he really didn't care. Obsidian tried to relax a little more. She wasn't exactly in a position to hurt him, right? And besides, she had already made her intentions pretty clear. Besides that, she wouldn't stand a chance. If I have to, I will fight her. He thought, the tip of his tail twitching as he listened to the she cat speak. "Maybe. Perhaps I was wrong to say that; but I've learned that I need to speak more forcefully if I don't want to be trampled beneath cats who are stronger then me. Since I don't know you, I don't know whether I can trust you not to hurt me the moment I let my guard down. Understood?" Obsidian asked, his words coming out in a low growl that seemed to say you better understand, I'm not going to say all of that again whether you got it or not.
What he had said had been true. He had learned over the moons of being shadowed out, fading into the background, that if he wanted authority and respect- not necessarily given so much as forced, he was going to have to toughen up and bluff until he could win over the other cats. He watched the she cat come back and stared at the rodents that had been dropped slightly before him. He shifted his weight, staring at them until slowly, he got up and picked them up, carrying them further away from the she cat. After saying all of that, he wasn't sure whether she was going to be as friendly as before. Still, her intentions were good- as far as Obsidian could tell, though he knew better then to let his guard down. It was wrong, plain and simple; at least, in his world it was.
He knew better then to get hurt again. He knew better then to allow her to slip through his guard, as others had done before her, and do all sorts of damage. Obsidian had adapted, in a way- adapted to learn things about cats by watching them. As he settled down again, he glanced up at her and sighed, shifting his weight again before fixing his hues on her. "Thank you." He mewed in a low voice, one that he wasn't quite sure whether she could hear or not, but it was the best he was going to do. Maybe this wasn't going to be so bad. Maybe she didn't have an intention to hurt him. Maybe she wasn't going to end up being like so many others, wanting to get close to him to use him, to hurt him, to ditch him as soon as he had served a purpose.
There were so many cats like that. So many cats who had decided they wanted to use others for their own selfish purposes, without giving so much as a thought to how the other cat might feel. Obsidian was not one of these cats. He didn't play around with others' emotions, making them feel special and wanted one moment and then ditching them the next. Oh he had tried- he had figured it might help him fit in with the other cats, but he had learned that they had been using him in that as well. Obsidian lowered his head and took a bite of one of the rodents. It had been a while since he had last eaten, but he didn't want to show her how hungry he was by tearing into it: as much as he wanted to. He knew that would be something she could later use against him, and didn't want to give it to her.
Calia felt a stab of hurt pierce her heart when he moved away from her, but she didn't reveal the emotional pain in any way. When the mouse was only a pile of small bones, she then felt comfortable to relax and talk with the stranger. Briefly, she shoved the mouse remains slightly to the side, patting them down into the ground in the beginning of burying them. She'd completely bury the bones later - she wanted to wash right now.

She rolled onto her flank, her hind legs sprawled before her and her left forepaw supporting her weight. Her tail was rested beside her hind legs, and her tail-tip moved lazily. Her right forepaw was brought to her mouth where she drew her rough tongue over her bloody toes. Her eyes were closed tiredly, and low, soft rumbles erupted in her throat. Her whiskers twitched whenever they managed to poke her damp paw, and her ears swiveled in an attempt to pick up on the smallest of sounds.

With a small sigh, Calia let her forepaw fall to the ground where it pressed against her other paw. She gently settled her chin on her paws, her tongue slipping past her pink lips to lick at her jaws. In this position, she faced away from the stranger, her right flank facing him. Her thick tail curled at her right side, blanketing her hind paw. Finally, when she was satisfied with the results of her wash, she opened her mouth to speak. ``So, stranger,`` She drawled. ``Do you need a place to stay? I can provide you with a nest, food, and water? In my past, I would often home travelers passing through. I'd tend to their wounds, offer them food and water, listen to their stories of adventure...`` Her eyes were wide with a kit-like wonder as she thought back to her history. But they then adopted a sadness that stated she missed her former life.

``Now that my home is in such an isolated area, not many pass by. I haven't met anyone new until you came alone,`` Calia chuckled softly in an attempt to prove her friendliness. ``So many would stay with me. Did you know I once homed an entire Clan patrol for moons? They were the last cats I met. And before them, there was this one tomcat who would constantly stop at my garden. He was a good friend, but he just didn't visit so much anymore...`` In a sad, rasping tone, Calia continued to talk of her past. ``Oh! And once, a queen with three kits stayed with me for a few sunrises. Her kits were absolutely adorable! So cute. One of them asked me if I descended from the stars. Isn't that the cutest thing ever? I was even teaching one of them what I knew about herbs when they had to get moving. I didn't see them again, unfortunately. Another time, two elders were passing by. Oh, those two were the nicest cats ever! They give me an abundance of advice, and they both told me such interesting stories! They were so polite and friendly... You know, a few days later, one of the elders returned and told me his friend passed away... So the elder stayed with me for a little bit until his time came... All were such amazing cats... Though there were a few that were just awful! One wouldn't let me so much as look at him, and another attacked me! We didn't even talk, and she just lunged at me! But, honestly, if I could change anything, I wouldn't. My past made me who I am. Besides, I absolutely adore my history, and when I think back, I feel happy. Happy that I had those experiences, though I do get sad because I can no longer go back to those times.``

Calia, by telling honest stories of her past, was trying to show the stranger that experiences should not change you. She had always been a selfless she-cat, willing to help others even when they don't need her. She offered them a home in her garden, and she was prepared for them to stay until death. Even after her experience with the wild she-cat who attacked her, Calia still offered her a home. However, the wild she-cat had turned her down. Calia could only hope that the stranger could decipher her message.
Old February 17th, 2017, 04:41 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Calia felt a stab of hurt pierce her heart when he moved away from her, but she didn't reveal the emotional pain in any way. When the mouse was only a pile of small bones, she then felt comfortable to relax and talk with the stranger. Briefly, she shoved the mouse remains slightly to the side, patting them down into the ground in the beginning of burying them. She'd completely bury the bones later - she wanted to wash right now.

She rolled onto her flank, her hind legs sprawled before her and her left forepaw supporting her weight. Her tail was rested beside her hind legs, and her tail-tip moved lazily. Her right forepaw was brought to her mouth where she drew her rough tongue over her bloody toes. Her eyes were closed tiredly, and low, soft rumbles erupted in her throat. Her whiskers twitched whenever they managed to poke her damp paw, and her ears swiveled in an attempt to pick up on the smallest of sounds.

With a small sigh, Calia let her forepaw fall to the ground where it pressed against her other paw. She gently settled her chin on her paws, her tongue slipping past her pink lips to lick at her jaws. In this position, she faced away from the stranger, her right flank facing him. Her thick tail curled at her right side, blanketing her hind paw. Finally, when she was satisfied with the results of her wash, she opened her mouth to speak. ``So, stranger,`` She drawled. ``Do you need a place to stay? I can provide you with a nest, food, and water? In my past, I would often home travelers passing through. I'd tend to their wounds, offer them food and water, listen to their stories of adventure...`` Her eyes were wide with a kit-like wonder as she thought back to her history. But they then adopted a sadness that stated she missed her former life.

``Now that my home is in such an isolated area, not many pass by. I haven't met anyone new until you came alone,`` Calia chuckled softly in an attempt to prove her friendliness. ``So many would stay with me. Did you know I once homed an entire Clan patrol for moons? They were the last cats I met. And before them, there was this one tomcat who would constantly stop at my garden. He was a good friend, but he just didn't visit so much anymore...`` In a sad, rasping tone, Calia continued to talk of her past. ``Oh! And once, a queen with three kits stayed with me for a few sunrises. Her kits were absolutely adorable! So cute. One of them asked me if I descended from the stars. Isn't that the cutest thing ever? I was even teaching one of them what I knew about herbs when they had to get moving. I didn't see them again, unfortunately. Another time, two elders were passing by. Oh, those two were the nicest cats ever! They give me an abundance of advice, and they both told me such interesting stories! They were so polite and friendly... You know, a few days later, one of the elders returned and told me his friend passed away... So the elder stayed with me for a little bit until his time came... All were such amazing cats... Though there were a few that were just awful! One wouldn't let me so much as look at him, and another attacked me! We didn't even talk, and she just lunged at me! But, honestly, if I could change anything, I wouldn't. My past made me who I am. Besides, I absolutely adore my history, and when I think back, I feel happy. Happy that I had those experiences, though I do get sad because I can no longer go back to those times.``

Calia, by telling honest stories of her past, was trying to show the stranger that experiences should not change you. She had always been a selfless she-cat, willing to help others even when they don't need her. She offered them a home in her garden, and she was prepared for them to stay until death. Even after her experience with the wild she-cat who attacked her, Calia still offered her a home. However, the wild she-cat had turned her down. Calia could only hope that the stranger could decipher her message.
Obsidian finished the small rodents with a satisfied expression and curled his tail around himself as though it would serve as a barrier between him and the she cat. At times he could act like a grumpy older cat...though he was far from old. In fact, Obsidian was quite a young cat, though he tried to make himself look older sometimes in order to avoid conversation such as the one that was going on now. He watched the she cat, his hues always studying her, head cocked slightly to the side as he did so as though he were trying to figure her out. He wasn't quite sure what to think of her. At first she had been friendly, then she had scolded him, now she was offering him shelter and going back to the friendly cat that he had met? Who is she? Obsidian wondered, his hues narrowing slightly and he turned his head away. His curiosity was getting the better of him and, although he fully meant to tell her he didn't want her shelter, he could feel his mind already changing. "Yeah, I could use a place to stay. Just for the night. I'll be moving on soon- I'm a traveler, I don't stay in one place for long." Obsidian mewed, his voice still halting and cautious, although there were the hints of anxiety and worry in them as well. He wasn't sure whether he should be allowing himself to do this. She's just being polite. She doesn't actually want you here, Obsidian thought to himself, trying to convince himself that she wasn't the cat he thought she just might be. He didn't know whether she was just being polite towards him so that he wouldn't actually attack her, or if she truly did want him to be there. He had yet to meet a cat who wanted his company. He wasn't the special cat in his former family. He wasn't a unique cat under any circumstances...and certainly not these, having run away and all.

Why was she being so nice to him? What did she want from him? He couldn't give it to her, whatever it was...he had been told multiple times he couldn't do anything right, and to be honest, he believed those words. How could he do anything right? In his opinion, he should never have been born. His life didn't matter. He was just another stray, another cat that twolegs wanted to wipe out, another cat that people hated more then anything else...they thought he was scum. "Wow. Sounds like you've had quite the past, then." He mewed, his eyes growing wide with surprise as she spoke about her past. His hues narrowed as he scanned her expression and stance for any signs of what she might be thinking. She's trying to be friendly. And hide something...why, does she think I'm going to make fun of her? I know a thing or two about being alone. And made fun of. I wouldn't do that. But she's sad, too...talking about everyone who's passed through here. Sounds like she misses them quite a bit. And tense- looks like there was some tension between a few, oh yeah, like she said. He hadn't thought that anyone would have been around so many cats. He knew he wouldn't be able to handle it, seeing so many strangers and then having them just move on. And now he was going to be just 'another one of those cats,' coming and moving on. He felt a sting of guilt, realizing that that probably wasn't the nicest thing for him to be doing. He wondered if she ever wished those cats had stayed there for longer. If she missed them, and wished she had moved on with them, or if she was glad that she had stayed here and continued to be someone who provided shelter for other travelers. It was a little hard to tell by looking at her, which was surprising...Obsidian was normally better at figuring out other cats' emotions.

Did she like being alone? Had she chosen it? Or had she been left here purposely, left behind by someone? I wonder what she thinks of me...Obsidian thought. This was something that he generally thought when other cats were speaking to him or asking him questions. She knew nothing of where he had come from. What it had been like, constantly overshadowed and confused...constantly being told he wasn't good enough. Constantly wondering whether he would ever get out of that place one day. His hues fixed themselves on Calia and he sighed, shifting his weight a little uncomfortably. Even now, he still wasn't sure what to think of her. He knew better then anyone else what a pretender could do, but she sounded so honest and hopeful when she was talking to him...what else could he think but that she was telling the truth?

Maybe she did care. He didn't know. I should tell her who I am. Well, my name, at least. She deserves to know that at the least. Obsidian thought to himself, and he glanced up at her again, curling his tail tighter around himself until it looked almost as though it were a snake about to squeeze him to death. "There's something I think you should know...since I'm going to stay here the night, if that's still okay..." Obsidian mewed, his voice a little less rough and guarded now. It was calmer, even softer...but not by much. "Obsidian. My name, I mean, it's...Obsidian." He mewed, averting his hues from her now. He glanced down at his paws, unsheathing and sheathing his claws, digging them into the dirt and watching them slice through it easily. Memories came flooding back to the tom, although he tried to block them out the best he could.

He could only hope that he wasn't making a grave mistake by staying here.