Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > The Starcave

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Territory
by BEAR.
Last post by Madelaine
Today 05:47 AM
Themed Art Competition...
by ramen
Last post by blxze.
Today 05:35 AM
Song Requests
by Fawn
Last post by Rustleaf
Today 05:15 AM
Surprise!
Last post by Dark
Today 04:46 AM
Spring Egg Hunt 2024
Last post by Apollo.
Today 03:48 AM

Old November 21st, 2017, 10:18 PM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
One of the old tom's shredded ears, "I suppose I can't argue there." Starclan may be made up of greedy foxhearts who only knew taking, but they were powerful alright. Tentatively, he let her twine his tail with his. Shinefang had lived a full life as a warrior. He had fought and provided for his clan, he'd seen leader's come and go. It was strange to see his life beginning again in a sense. He supposed he should be thankful. Not many cats got to live two lives. But he would have traded it all for just one life with Slatepelt. Even now as she sat beside him, pressed against his fur, as nice as it felt, he couldn't let her in. He couldn't bring himself to feel the freeing, unguarded love that he'd felt before. Some part of him wailed for that unquestioned love, but he couldn't. Not yet at least. Maybe not ever. He had hurt too long and too intensely and used anger as a healing balm until he had gone numb. But even so...perhaps he could just stay here with her a little longer. "So what happens now? Do I see a vision or does Daypaw just wake up and declare me a certified medicine cat? And if your twinkly friends have advise about this Thunderclan and Windclan foxdung, that would be nice too."
Focusing on the ceremony for a short moment, Slatepelt rested her gaze on Shinefang once more. There would never be enough time for her to rebuild her relationship with the medicine cat, at least not while he was alive. Ignoring the remorse that settled in the pit of her stomach, the Starclan warrior tentatively rose to her paws and pulled away from Shinefang. She stood in place for a brief moment, eyes closed as she inhaled the cool air. "You are Skyclan's medicine cat now, whether Daydream tells you otherwise. I imagine you two should get along well." She teased gently, her eyes softening as she turned to look back at him. "You will know when Starclan comes to you. Do your best to serve your clan... and you could learn a thing or two from your fellow medicine cats." She chuckled, her opaque form beginning to fade into a transparent grey. It was time for him to leave, to wake up and return to the living world. "I'll see you again." Her words echoed, the promise lingering in the still air as she faded completely from vision.

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart

[Profile Icon] [Slowpoke Sprite]

Last edited by Dust; November 21st, 2017 at 10:19 PM.
Old November 22nd, 2017, 01:46 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by woly View Post
they were in no mood to argue with their disagreements, id only be talking to a brick wall. they now had their full name. daydream. they were a full medcat now yet they felt so empty. perhaps it was because cricketpaw werent here with them, getting their names together. or maybe it was because it was some starclan cat giving them their name instead of geckoleaf. after this, they would have to face reality that they have no one. that they are now dedicated for their life with this name, to serve and heal their clan. of course daydream would do this without a heartbeat, but they now felt bitter somehow. bitter because they had nothing to go to after they got home.

¨thank you.¨ they said after a moment. it was the only respect daydream would give that shecat.

soon they were fading out back into reality, the starclan cat infront of them became hazy and faded. soon, they woke. the cave of course had them three in it but shienfang was asleep, and juniperpaw who they assumed was awake;having no purpose to see starclan. after all this time they had wondered truly what had been going on with her, and after finding out it was geckoleafs disappearance, they had been just as heartbroken as they molly. but they had never talked about it before this point. they spoke.

¨youre going to need someone to mentor you, juniperpaw.¨
@AbsurdJinx @Charmer [charm, hop ein when ur done with ur rp with dust!]
@Charmer

Juniperpaw had simply been pouncing on a small pebble, paws wrapping around the rock when she landed on it with a faint grunt. She would release a triumphant grin, tail lashing victoriously. She didn't have much of a reason to see StarClan, having only attended to be there when Daypaw got their full name and be one of the first to greet Shinefang as a complete medicine cat. Juniperpaw, after getting bored of attacking a lifeless rock, crumpled on the hard ground. She impatiently waited for her friends to awake.

She was incredibly excited when Daypaw woke, head sharply rising as her friend spoke. Juniperpaw smiled, jumping to her paws and padding towards them. ``Yeah,`` she meowed casually, rather oblivious to where Daypaw was going with this. Juniperpaw was quick to change the subject, having become uninterested in the current topic. ``Hey, what's your new name? You got one, didn't you?``
Old November 22nd, 2017, 11:23 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post

@Charmer

Juniperpaw had simply been pouncing on a small pebble, paws wrapping around the rock when she landed on it with a faint grunt. She would release a triumphant grin, tail lashing victoriously. She didn't have much of a reason to see StarClan, having only attended to be there when Daypaw got their full name and be one of the first to greet Shinefang as a complete medicine cat. Juniperpaw, after getting bored of attacking a lifeless rock, crumpled on the hard ground. She impatiently waited for her friends to awake.

She was incredibly excited when Daypaw woke, head sharply rising as her friend spoke. Juniperpaw smiled, jumping to her paws and padding towards them. ``Yeah,`` she meowed casually, rather oblivious to where Daypaw was going with this. Juniperpaw was quick to change the subject, having become uninterested in the current topic. ``Hey, what's your new name? You got one, didn't you?``
@woly

As Slatepelt’s form began to fade along with the fields of Starclan, Shinefang felt himself surrounded by darkness for just a moment before he had the sensation of falling. It was like he was high up in a tree and the limb hadn’t snapped so much as realized it didn’t exist.

With a loud snort and a flurry of flailing limbs, Shinefang quickly got to his feet. “Huh? What!” He shouted, staring around wildly with his eye before remembering where he was. “Oh right. Did I fall asleep? Sorry about that. Seriously kits, never get old.” The events from the dream he had were beginning to trickle back to him as he more fully woke. Glancing at the Shadowclan medicine cat, a mischievous smirk flitted across his twisted and scarred mouth. “Oh ho! Daypaw. I guess it’s not Daypaw anymore. A little twinkling cat tells me you’re official, Dreamer. Congratulations.”

Last edited by Charmer; November 22nd, 2017 at 11:24 PM.
Old November 23rd, 2017, 11:22 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
@woly

As Slatepelt’s form began to fade along with the fields of Starclan, Shinefang felt himself surrounded by darkness for just a moment before he had the sensation of falling. It was like he was high up in a tree and the limb hadn’t snapped so much as realized it didn’t exist.

With a loud snort and a flurry of flailing limbs, Shinefang quickly got to his feet. “Huh? What!” He shouted, staring around wildly with his eye before remembering where he was. “Oh right. Did I fall asleep? Sorry about that. Seriously kits, never get old.” The events from the dream he had were beginning to trickle back to him as he more fully woke. Glancing at the Shadowclan medicine cat, a mischievous smirk flitted across his twisted and scarred mouth. “Oh ho! Daypaw. I guess it’s not Daypaw anymore. A little twinkling cat tells me you’re official, Dreamer. Congratulations.”
Quote:

@Charmer

¨its daydream.¨ they mewed. they stayed silent for a moment after that. when they thought about it, their name was somewhat of a mockery. they barely slept as it was, much less have good dreams. but that was only the pessimist side of their name, with daypaw-,no,daydream was. they decided to look on the bright side of things for once. ¨i dont know what my suffix truly means to my personality, but i like it i suppose.¨ i wish geckoleaf couldve given it to me. they thought lingered in their head bitterly. would gecko given them a different name? would she have given them something different? their mind went in all directions until they shook their head slightly, looking at the two medcat infront of them. ¨does this mean i have to train two newbies now?¨ they mewed jokingly. surprising, considered daydream never made jokes.
Old November 24th, 2017, 08:58 PM
i love sussy the bestest

@Charmer @woly

Juniperpaw didn't think the suffix `-dream` fit the ShadowClan medicine cat too much - personality-wise, that is, but she wasn't about to complain. Daydream was a very handsome name, after all. It made Juniperpaw wonder what her full name will be, but then she reminded herself that she was far off from earning that name. Casting a glance at Shinefang who had awoken and congratulated Daydream, Juniperpaw found herself bouncing towards the elder tom and greeting him by brushing against him. ``Yeah, Daypaw- Daydream, congratulations!``

It seemed like Daydream was zoning off and Juniperpaw was about to bring them back to reality, but then the ShadowClan cat shook their head and said something that would shock Juniperpaw for eternity. From beside Shinefang, her jaw dropped, and she stared at Daydream through wide, surprised eyes. After a few moments where Juniperpaw tried to absorb what happened, she meowed cautiously, ``Did you just... did you just tell a joke?``
Old November 24th, 2017, 09:15 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
¨its daydream.¨ they mewed. they stayed silent for a moment after that. when they thought about it, their name was somewhat of a mockery. they barely slept as it was, much less have good dreams. but that was only the pessimist side of their name, with daypaw-,no,daydream was. they decided to look on the bright side of things for once. ¨i dont know what my suffix truly means to my personality, but i like it i suppose.¨ i wish geckoleaf couldve given it to me. they thought lingered in their head bitterly. would gecko given them a different name? would she have given them something different? their mind went in all directions until they shook their head slightly, looking at the two medcat infront of them. ¨does this mean i have to train two newbies now?¨ they mewed jokingly. surprising, considered daydream never made jokes.
Quote:
@Charmer @woly

Juniperpaw didn't think the suffix `-dream` fit the ShadowClan medicine cat too much - personality-wise, that is, but she wasn't about to complain. Daydream was a very handsome name, after all. It made Juniperpaw wonder what her full name will be, but then she reminded herself that she was far off from earning that name. Casting a glance at Shinefang who had awoken and congratulated Daydream, Juniperpaw found herself bouncing towards the elder tom and greeting him by brushing against him. ``Yeah, Daypaw- Daydream, congratulations!``

It seemed like Daydream was zoning off and Juniperpaw was about to bring them back to reality, but then the ShadowClan cat shook their head and said something that would shock Juniperpaw for eternity. From beside Shinefang, her jaw dropped, and she stared at Daydream through wide, surprised eyes. After a few moments where Juniperpaw tried to absorb what happened, she meowed cautiously, ``Did you just... did you just tell a joke?``
Shinefang's whisker's gave a twitch of amusement at Daydream's remark. "Yeah you can start by teaching me what herbs to use on my old joints to make them less stiff in cold weather. Otherwise trekking out here once a moon all leafbare is gonna be a pain in the tail. That stuff I don't know all that much about. I can heal battle wounds at least." Shinefang turned to Juniperpaw, "And if Daydream doesn't mind letting me share in your training, I'd be happy to teach you what I know about that." Shinefang looked back up at Daydream. The enby should have a say in this as well, especially if they were stepping into the mentor role for the younger cat. "So, Daydream," he said, switching subjects, "Got any magic words to make me official?"

Old November 24th, 2017, 11:35 PM
whats up danger?

Quote:
@Charmer @woly

Quote:
Shinefang's whisker's gave a twitch of amusement at Daydream's remark. "Yeah you can start by teaching me what herbs to use on my old joints to make them less stiff in cold weather. Otherwise trekking out here once a moon all leafbare is gonna be a pain in the tail. That stuff I don't know all that much about. I can heal battle wounds at least." Shinefang turned to Juniperpaw, "And if Daydream doesn't mind letting me share in your training, I'd be happy to teach you what I know about that." Shinefang looked back up at Daydream. The enby should have a say in this as well, especially if they were stepping into the mentor role for the younger cat. "So, Daydream," he said, switching subjects, "Got any magic words to make me official?"
daydream rolled their eyes towards juniperpaw,¨i can joke around, surprisingly.¨ they mewed. then, they let their gaze set on shinefang for a moment. they knew they were going to be the one that made shinefang official, but it felt surreal. they themself still felt like an apprentice. but they werent anymore, they were grown up.¨i dont mind sharing training duties. shadowclan is welcome to the both of you regarding training, or anything, really.¨ it wasnt often that daydream was open and kind like this, but when it came to certian things, they were. at the mention of shienfangs being official, they mewed, ¨yes, of course.¨ the huffed, standing up and walking towards the elder. as grumpy as daydream was, they were serious about their purpose, their job. amber hues stared into his seriously, opening their maw,¨Shinefang,is it your wish to enter the mysteries of Starclan as a medicine cat?¨ even mentioning starclan left a bitter taste in their mouth. they didnt see starclan as important, or cats that they needed to be guided from. they were dead. after hearing an expectant i do, they continued,¨warriors of starclan, i present you this apprentice. he has chosen the path of a medicine cat. grant him your insight so that he may understand your ways and heal his clan in accordance with your will.¨ the wording seemed fake, soly purposed on the subject of starclan. they themself never even had a proper apprentice ceremony.
Old November 26th, 2017, 05:57 PM
i love sussy the bestest

@woly @Charmer

Juniperpaw was ecstatic at the idea of having two mentors, both of them she considered to be her close friends - and maybe even family. She smiled gratefully at the older tomcat, an excited gleam visible in her dark eyes. And she released a high-pitched thrilled sound when Daydream accepted Shinefang's request. We'll see each other all the time now! Awesome! Let's hope they don't get sick of me. Juniperpaw stepped back to give both Shinefang and Daydream space for the ceremony. She watched on through wide and fascinated eyes, despite the obvious lack of faith in their warrior ancestors, but Juniperpaw wasn't going to complain. After all, everyone had their own beliefs, and she respected that, though it was odd to hear Shinefang being referred to as an apprentice.

She remembered when Geckoleaf brought her to the Starcave to preform her ceremony, and Juniperpaw had never been more excited as she had been, at the time, oblivious of her clanmates' resentment. Juniperpaw cheered, ``Yeah, Shinefang! You're officially one of us now! Does that mean I was a medicine cat before you, despite your age? Hey, how old are you?`` A teasing smirk stretched across the apprentice's muzzle, but she looked upon Shinefang with admiration and warmth.
Old November 26th, 2017, 08:30 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
daydream rolled their eyes towards juniperpaw,¨i can joke around, surprisingly.¨ they mewed. then, they let their gaze set on shinefang for a moment. they knew they were going to be the one that made shinefang official, but it felt surreal. they themself still felt like an apprentice. but they werent anymore, they were grown up.¨i dont mind sharing training duties. shadowclan is welcome to the both of you regarding training, or anything, really.¨ it wasnt often that daydream was open and kind like this, but when it came to certian things, they were. at the mention of shienfangs being official, they mewed, ¨yes, of course.¨ the huffed, standing up and walking towards the elder. as grumpy as daydream was, they were serious about their purpose, their job. amber hues stared into his seriously, opening their maw,¨Shinefang,is it your wish to enter the mysteries of Starclan as a medicine cat?¨ even mentioning starclan left a bitter taste in their mouth. they didnt see starclan as important, or cats that they needed to be guided from. they were dead. after hearing an expectant i do, they continued,¨warriors of starclan, i present you this apprentice. he has chosen the path of a medicine cat. grant him your insight so that he may understand your ways and heal his clan in accordance with your will.¨ the wording seemed fake, soly purposed on the subject of starclan. they themself never even had a proper apprentice ceremony.
Quote:
@woly @Charmer

Juniperpaw was ecstatic at the idea of having two mentors, both of them she considered to be her close friends - and maybe even family. She smiled gratefully at the older tomcat, an excited gleam visible in her dark eyes. And she released a high-pitched thrilled sound when Daydream accepted Shinefang's request. We'll see each other all the time now! Awesome! Let's hope they don't get sick of me. Juniperpaw stepped back to give both Shinefang and Daydream space for the ceremony. She watched on through wide and fascinated eyes, despite the obvious lack of faith in their warrior ancestors, but Juniperpaw wasn't going to complain. After all, everyone had their own beliefs, and she respected that, though it was odd to hear Shinefang being referred to as an apprentice.

She remembered when Geckoleaf brought her to the Starcave to preform her ceremony, and Juniperpaw had never been more excited as she had been, at the time, oblivious of her clanmates' resentment. Juniperpaw cheered, ``Yeah, Shinefang! You're officially one of us now! Does that mean I was a medicine cat before you, despite your age? Hey, how old are you?`` A teasing smirk stretched across the apprentice's muzzle, but she looked upon Shinefang with admiration and warmth.
"I do." With those two little words, Shinefang's life as a warrior was over. For so many moons he'd served his clan, fighting and hunting, and now here he was embarking on a whole new journey in service to Skyclan. "Daydream, you just broke the heart of every shecat in Skyclan." The old tom chuckled at his own joke, his tail swishing behind him. He looked over at Juniperpaw, whisker's twitching. "I guess so, Junebug. And maybe so. I may not have all the official training, but I can heal wounds and keep them from getting infected. I was actually going to show a few Skyclan warriors how to do some basic healing tomorrow so that if anything happens to me, Skyclan won't be left without a cat who can do that much. Hey, you ought to come to Skyclan for that. It won't be much, but you'll know some of the basics at least." The old tom snickered at the question about his age. "I'm ninety-eight moons old. Can you believe I'm still this handsome?" he asked, smiling good naturally before turning back to Daydream. "So, herbs for my old joints: Any suggestions, Dreamer?"

Last edited by Charmer; November 26th, 2017 at 08:31 PM.
Old November 27th, 2017, 05:34 PM
whats up danger?

Quote:
@woly @Charmer

Quote:
"I do." With those two little words, Shinefang's life as a warrior was over. For so many moons he'd served his clan, fighting and hunting, and now here he was embarking on a whole new journey in service to Skyclan. "Daydream, you just broke the heart of every shecat in Skyclan." The old tom chuckled at his own joke, his tail swishing behind him. He looked over at Juniperpaw, whisker's twitching. "I guess so, Junebug. And maybe so. I may not have all the official training, but I can heal wounds and keep them from getting infected. I was actually going to show a few Skyclan warriors how to do some basic healing tomorrow so that if anything happens to me, Skyclan won't be left without a cat who can do that much. Hey, you ought to come to Skyclan for that. It won't be much, but you'll know some of the basics at least." The old tom snickered at the question about his age. "I'm ninety-eight moons old. Can you believe I'm still this handsome?" he asked, smiling good naturally before turning back to Daydream. "So, herbs for my old joints: Any suggestions, Dreamer?"
¨i think shinefang is as old as time, june.¨ daydream snorted. they werent close with the newest medicien cat, caliapaw, or the oldest, surgestorm, but they felt more comfortable having more bonds. they could remember when they were the newbie. how their ceremony went. surrounded by geckoleaf and surge,ebonypaw,skyclans old medcat, and wheatfur. how the times have changed. now, they were the second oldest of the medcats. ¨for joints? huckleberry is good for muscle pain, daisy leaves are good for aching joints..¨ they looked at the ground in thought, before sighing,¨its hard to explain what they look like without them right infront of me, seeing as most leaves look the same. guess it requires a training session.¨