Sharpening the Rook
Last post by alec
Today 04:31 AM

Old December 19th, 2023, 04:13 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Kit Corner

"The dog is gone," Wolfpaw was quick to try to assure Beachkit. "It's been gone a long time, and if it ever tried to come back I'd scare it off!" In an effort to make himself look Stronger, he puffed his pelt out - hoping the size disparity would put Beachkit a little more at ease.

The dog wasn't real, nor did he think Branchfoot and the rest were. It was just a dumb ghost story. "Well, as long as you ain't being a Branchfoot, I think our warriors would take it seriously. 'N if they don't, just call me. I got your back."

[ @Fawn ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old December 19th, 2023, 04:41 AM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

°•. info & relations ✿ he/him ✿ finder coming soon ✿ challenge mode! [perkfree]   .•°
Beachkit -
Beachkit watched Wolfpaw become Wolfpuff and that was convincing enough to him, he did look pretty tough and fierce.. he just had an aura about him that suggested safety and protection. It relaxed him, fear vanishing rapidly in the presence of the big strong Wolfpaw. A bit dazzled by the display, he remarked, "You're going to be the toughest warrior in all of ThunderClan!" Without a question if he was willing to fend off any massive dogs.

"I don't want to be a Branchfoot! But sometimes warriors think my problems are stupid, like last moon a kit stole my tumbleweed that I was playing with first, and Mistkit made fun of me in front of the other kits. ...I didn't tell on em though." To a kit, these transgressions were serious offenses.

@BEAR.

everything about us is going to be wonderful
Old December 19th, 2023, 05:15 AM
work is never done

There was something touching about Beachkit's enthusiasm, even after having such a big scare. Wolfpaw was.. He made sure to keep his composure, bottling these thoughts up for a later time when he was alone. "I plan to!" He just wanted to do good by his mom, it just felt.. like a hill that never ended sometimes.

"None of that makes you a Branchfoot." Wolfpaw reached out to flick Beachkit's nose, it'd likely be kind of ticklish. "If that stinky Mistkit does that again, come get me - I'll steal her tumbleweed n' she'll know how it feels!"

[ @Fawn ]

Old December 19th, 2023, 06:53 PM
the stars are aligned

°•. info & relations ✿ he/him ✿ finder coming soon ✿ challenge mode! [perkfree]   .•°
Beachkit -
Beachkit's gaze glittered on Wolfpaw, a bit entranced as it lingered. It was so cool! HE was so cool! Great storyteller (even if it was maybe a ..little too scary for him--he could appreciate how gripping it'd been) and almost a warrior and he was going to be tough as nails! Someday he'd be all big and eat dogs for BREAKFAST! It captured everything Beachkit admired but wasn't convinced he wanted to be himself (he wasn't a coward, okay! the story just.. was a lot to take in.. and his mom said no fighting dogs, and Wolfpaw said he'd take care of it!)

There was something exhilerating about the promise of revenge at his request. Beachkit didn't have words for it. He giggled, giddy, not really caring whether he should take it seriously or not because it was nonetheless quite flattering. Wow wow wow--

"Does this mean we're friends? I've never had an apprentice-friend before!" Sheepishly peering back at the now-scattered leaves, Beachkit shuffled his paws. "Sorry I surprise-attacked you from the leaves and tried to take over ThunderClan."

@BEAR.

Old December 19th, 2023, 08:31 PM
work is never done

"If you want to be, then sure." It was weird, in hindsight. Wolfpaw had never really thought about the whole "friend" thing.. he played with others as a kit, but hadn't seen them around too much now. Bumba had been the only true constant in his life, was she his friend? She was definitely his guardian, but.. how did the whole 'friend' thing work?

Another thing to ruminate over and maybe even cry about, later. Not in front of his new-friend though. "Oh, don't sell yourself short! You totally defeated me and took control of ThunderClan." He lowered his voice, muzzle morphed into a smile. "But don't tell Bumba, let her think she's still in charge. She has to keep up good impressions, yknow?"

[ @Fawn ]

Old December 19th, 2023, 09:07 PM
the stars are aligned

Beachkit -
Eeeeeeeee! This was turning out to be a marvelous day. Apprenticefriend, confirmed!

... oops. Beachkit may've forgotten about Bumblestar entirely. "I bet Bum.." What did he call her? "Bummer's way stronger than Stonestar." Stonestar being dead and Bumblestar being Not Dead was also a good indicator that she was more fierce than he was. Not that he knew anything more about him beyond what Goatscrunch's fictional depiction offered. "HE was thwarted by love." Truly the takeaway of that story: emotional investment was the key to getting what you wanted in life.

And as his mind wandered through snippets of his interaction with Wolfpaw, the story told mingling with Goatscrunch's, he didn't realize his eyelids started to droop while his posture swayed. Until he jolted slightly -- enough to keep him upright -- then it was happening again within seconds.

@BEAR.

Old December 19th, 2023, 09:17 PM
work is never done

Wolfpaw watched as Beachkit began to sway, little eyes drooping. "Bumba's the strongest leader in the forest! Nothin' gonna take her down." The other Clans could cry and moan all they wanted, they were just jealous by how awesome she was. She killed Dawnstar, after all! Whooped her real good.

"C'mon," he lowered his voice to a murmur, reaching to pluck Beachkit up by his scruff. "Let's get you somewhere more comfy, okay?" The nursery wasn't too far away, and Beachkit could wake up in the comforts of his nest.

[ @Fawn ]

Old January 7th, 2024, 05:55 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Sprucepaw |
Kitty Softpaws - Active | Ultimate Predator - Inactive

Fudge entered the kit's play den with a bundle in maw, feathers, dried flowers, and some thin strands of vines that had not fully dulled and dried out with the frost. He was a cat on a mission. A mission to make this milk scented - and frankly pointless - den a bit... more pleasant to be in. From what he had gathered in his time coming here to run away from the less than pleasant felines in the clan - namely the chatty ones - he'd noticed kits would come here to play... a lot. This was where he had met that one calico, wasn't it? What was her name? Lightning? Yeah. That one. And she had been so bored she had actually taken to trying to play with the feathers he was removing from his prey!

So first of all? Ew. Gross. Those feathers came from food stuff. Hello? And they weren't even pretty feathers. They were icky, torn, mushy feathers because he had chomped on them. So that meant one thing. This place was so mind numbingly ugly and boring even the feathers looked pretty in comparison. There was only one solution to this matter. He had to fix up this den and make it pretty for the kits to have a half decent place to play in.

Now. Let's get something straight right now. Fudge was not doing this because of some altruistic wish to see the kits happy. He could care less about the kits, and he certainly did not care if he ever saw Lightning again. Or if she was okay and not bored. That was not what this was about, okay? This was about having some peace and quiet. If he made this place pretty with feathers and flowers, the kits would have something to do and would be much more likely to leave him well enough alone when he wanted to have some time with his thoughts. See? Entirely selfish reasons. And he would bite the first cat that dared to suggest otherwise.

Emerald gaze deadpanned and bored, the tom studied the walls of the rabbit burrow looking place, forming a decorative plan in his mind. He still remembered some of it. Every day it was harder. More distant. But his first moon with his ma and pa at the twoleg's - ew no, housefolk, he was catching clan cat cooties - nest still lingered, and he could remember some of the ornaments that littered the walls of the place, the toys that hung from ledges to be pounced and played with. He wouldn't be able to fully replicate the look, but he could certainly try. You know... for his sake, not the kits.

Whatever. He would get nowhere fast if he didn't get to work. Dropping his supplies on the ground, he wrinkled his nose in thought, wondering how to attach the feathers and flowers to the thin vines he'd brought. It didn't take him long to land on his little moss figures. On how he readily and easily attached flowers and feathers to those. Maybe he could steal some moss from an unused nest? No one would have to know it had been him. He'd have to be careful though. To not get caught. But now that he had a plan in mind... he could get started on this den decoration. Hopefully before someone caught him and fully misunderstood his reasoning for his actions here. That might lead to socializing... and no thanks. That would be the opposite of what he was trying to accomplish.

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old January 16th, 2024, 05:04 PM
Giving you a warm welcome

Bump Policy: bump whenever, but respond time will prob be weekends or slow :33<
My Mood: Busy

Mousekit existed

"Thou art unfit for any place but hell."~shakespear
Slime'Tuft is JuniperClan's medcat app. and has a semi-open den policy
auction day! i cant believe it!

Desert Rain Frog hopped in! Blxze. lit this sig. *Lunastar* trampled this sig doing quadrobics. ~MothDust~ drew silli kittis here. leopard. brought her cats in here to destroy the place.

name and pronoun shop
Old January 16th, 2024, 07:24 PM
Giving you a warm welcome

Bump Policy: bump whenever, but respond time will prob be weekends or slow :33<
My Mood: Busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune View Post

| Sprucepaw |
Kitty Softpaws - Active | Ultimate Predator - Inactive

Fudge entered the kit's play den with a bundle in maw, feathers, dried flowers, and some thin strands of vines that had not fully dulled and dried out with the frost. He was a cat on a mission. A mission to make this milk scented - and frankly pointless - den a bit... more pleasant to be in. From what he had gathered in his time coming here to run away from the less than pleasant felines in the clan - namely the chatty ones - he'd noticed kits would come here to play... a lot. This was where he had met that one calico, wasn't it? What was her name? Lightning? Yeah. That one. And she had been so bored she had actually taken to trying to play with the feathers he was removing from his prey!

So first of all? Ew. Gross. Those feathers came from food stuff. Hello? And they weren't even pretty feathers. They were icky, torn, mushy feathers because he had chomped on them. So that meant one thing. This place was so mind numbingly ugly and boring even the feathers looked pretty in comparison. There was only one solution to this matter. He had to fix up this den and make it pretty for the kits to have a half decent place to play in.

Now. Let's get something straight right now. Fudge was not doing this because of some altruistic wish to see the kits happy. He could care less about the kits, and he certainly did not care if he ever saw Lightning again. Or if she was okay and not bored. That was not what this was about, okay? This was about having some peace and quiet. If he made this place pretty with feathers and flowers, the kits would have something to do and would be much more likely to leave him well enough alone when he wanted to have some time with his thoughts. See? Entirely selfish reasons. And he would bite the first cat that dared to suggest otherwise.

Emerald gaze deadpanned and bored, the tom studied the walls of the rabbit burrow looking place, forming a decorative plan in his mind. He still remembered some of it. Every day it was harder. More distant. But his first moon with his ma and pa at the twoleg's - ew no, housefolk, he was catching clan cat cooties - nest still lingered, and he could remember some of the ornaments that littered the walls of the place, the toys that hung from ledges to be pounced and played with. He wouldn't be able to fully replicate the look, but he could certainly try. You know... for his sake, not the kits.

Whatever. He would get nowhere fast if he didn't get to work. Dropping his supplies on the ground, he wrinkled his nose in thought, wondering how to attach the feathers and flowers to the thin vines he'd brought. It didn't take him long to land on his little moss figures. On how he readily and easily attached flowers and feathers to those. Maybe he could steal some moss from an unused nest? No one would have to know it had been him. He'd have to be careful though. To not get caught. But now that he had a plan in mind... he could get started on this den decoration. Hopefully before someone caught him and fully misunderstood his reasoning for his actions here. That might lead to socializing... and no thanks. That would be the opposite of what he was trying to accomplish.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄Thunderclan▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄Mousekit▄▀▄▀▄ ▀▄▀▄▀▄sea/them▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄no purrks▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

"Whatcha doin'?" Mousekit asked the brown tom.

"Thou art unfit for any place but hell."~shakespear
Slime'Tuft is JuniperClan's medcat app. and has a semi-open den policy
auction day! i cant believe it!

Desert Rain Frog hopped in! Blxze. lit this sig. *Lunastar* trampled this sig doing quadrobics. ~MothDust~ drew silli kittis here. leopard. brought her cats in here to destroy the place.

name and pronoun shop