Last post by alec
Today 10:14 AM
Closed Thread

Old June 30th, 2023, 01:30 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

Default Re: Sunkissed Creek

High Rank Announcement [#hrannouncement]

Oops! Dawnstar only realized her mistake after she felt the fangs puncture her throat. Welp, she couldn't say she was all that mad, disappointed that her fun had to be cut so short, but not upset. As blood gushed from the open throat wound, the leader felt the usual feeling of strength loss and slumped to the ground in a graceless heap. As death creeps up on her, she didn't bother fighting it. If anything, she was looking forward to this, it should give her the answers she's been looking for to unspoken questions.

Everything went black and stayed black, stayed dark. The leader wasn't sure how long she was gone, but by the time the darkness left, she returned to the sound of caterwauls and fighting. Bumblestar was standing some lengths away, Dawnstar found it funny that she wasn't calling the fight to a stop. Slowly, the massive feline rose and promptly began shaking out her pelt, flinging blood every which way. Pain blistered along her shoulder and her belly, but it seemed the fatal throat wound was healed up, scarred most likely she'd have to check later.

Compared to the two, Dawnstar felt like she ripped up Bumblestar more, but death was a death. She glanced around, noticing the trouble with Elmshadow and his company as he fought an already battered warrior. Shadefrost seemed to causing trouble for everyone, irked the leader, and the rest of her cats seemed to be holding their own pretty well. Dawnstar felt a little bad having to call them off because she got overeager. Still, this meant she could have more fun later, possibly taking this a little more seriously.

"ShadowClan, fall back! We're done here." Dawnstar roared loud and clear, wincing as she rolled her bitten shoulder. Was there anyone dead? She couldn't see any unmoving corpses from where she stood. "This was fun, Bumblebrat. We'll have to do this again, soon. Try not to disappear in the meanwhile, and don't even think about dying before I can kill you." Dawnstar huffed, seemingly unconcerned about this loss. Not the first time she'd be on the receiving end of someone else's claws. Normally, she might be a little more upset, but Bumblestar had proven that she had the bite to match the bark and more importantly Dawnstar might have found someone more entertaining to play with than Bunnystar. That was a win in itself to her.

She also acquired an answer that she had been looking for with this death. Dawnstar felt more focused than she's been in these upcoming moons. It was time to stop mourning cats who didn't give a dung about her. They were all just like her mother, never around anymore. No more wasting emotions, they were gone. The leader causally padded around Bumblestar to reach her clanmates, making sure everyone was up and out. Blood dripped down her flank and chest, she moved with an aggravating limp, but all in all the leader appeared unphased by any of this. She was too busy looking forward to their next fight to be preoccupied with this one.

@dino.

[Battles can continue until tomorrow at 11:59 PM CST, after that ShadowClan must be cleared out of ThunderClan's territory. Anyone left behind is on their own.]

Purrks
Dawnstar: Beefed Up Tier 3 || Mindreader
Leechscar: Master Scout || Ultimate Predator

Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder

Last edited by Undertaker; June 30th, 2023 at 01:37 PM.
Old June 30th, 2023, 01:36 PM
error in the code

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours
My Mood: Fine

*Drippingpelt left with her Clan*

a new member of rc

◺--------------◿
Old June 30th, 2023, 02:13 PM
rararara

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Dreaming

Goldenpaw | he/him | @nykyrian | rolled a 13 - miss

Goldenpaws face contorted into a scowl as he attempt at tripping Aspenpaw failed, though thankfully he was still slow enough to be able to keep track of the other apprentice semi-easily. He was able to pull his tail just out of grasp, though he was pretty sure some fur had gotten pulled out in the process. Well, as long as he didnt have a permanent bald spot he didnt really mind.

Quickly unshealthing his claws, he spun around and went right for the other apprentices face, hoping to get revenge for the claw marks on his side.

base credits go to Chuwigirls on DA!

--> | Goldenpaw [tc] | <--
-->TH profile<--

Last edited by Quasar; June 30th, 2023 at 02:14 PM.
Old June 30th, 2023, 02:51 PM

Bump Policy: After 48 hours ^^
My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensong View Post
**Elmshadow**
@Chrysanthemum @Alchemist Kitsune @Levi 99

The dark medicine cat heard Shadefrost behind him as he made his move for the Thunderclanner, Tansywing, but didn’t dwell on what had actually been said as his paws met their mark and bowled over the Thunderclan she-cat. Once pinned, Elmshadow felt his claws just breaking the flesh. ”You’re bleeding, battered, and injured, scurry home while you still can. You won’t win another,” he growled, the warning clear in his voice though his face remained stony, unbothered. He wasn’t given the opportunity to make the judgement on whether to let the Thunderclanner run off or not before she fell limp and hissed about not wanting to hurt a medicine cat, his humor had long since worn out but otherwise that would’ve been a near laughable claim, a tired injured warrior having any viable threat on a fresh senior warrior. It was the first opportunity Elmshadow found himself faced with of being underestimated, truly ever but most specifically in this case because of his rank. She blathered as though she had the choice on whether to hurt him or not. And it was made instantly clear that the hotheaded squirrel wasn’t going to take his wanting easily. She suddenly, rather expectedly after her attempted threat, bucked beneath him but his bulk shifted only slightly as he focused on keeping his weight down on the warrior. ”Underestimating your opponent is your first mistake. Your second is being frog-brained enough to try to continue. You’ll have to do better than that.”

Shadefrost’s voice spoke up again behind him and he felt the irritable growl rising in his throat. The blatant disrespect, disregard for his clanmates’ efforts and safety, disobeying direct orders, and then a threat to follow his order? Elmshadow could kill the tom on the spot if he weren’t currently occupied. Though the threat was empty at best as regardless what Elmshadow chose moving forward in this battle, they would be having problems back at camp, if Shadefrost made it as far. Through gritted teeth, without turning his attention from Tansywing, the dark tom growled, ”Then make you’re way there and we’ll deal with your ‘major problem’ when this is finished.”
Well shoot. That didn’t work. Tansywing’s head spun from blood loss, and the world was starting to get fuzzy. Gritting her teeth, she forced her eyes to focus. She couldn’t think; she couldn’t reason her way out of this with her brain all fuzzy like this.
I can’t pass out now!
She weighed her options. She could give up and run away, but that would only work if Elmshadow let her up first, and after what she’d said that was seeming less likely. She could try and fight him off again, but she doubted she had the strength. Her previous struggle seemed more and more pathetic the more she thinker about it.
Looks like he’s not afraid to fight… stars, I truly am frog-brained if I thought that would have worked.
She had to be smarter; she had to get him off of her. But how?
Suddenly, she heard a cat yowl over the snarls of battle. It was Dawnstar, calling for a retreat! Looks like she was saved.
“Actually, I don’t think I have to do better than that. Looks like your leaders decided you can’t win this one. Now, I think you should scurry back home before my clan rips off your tails!” Tansywing snarled at him the cat in top of her. Maybe it wasn’t the best idea to antagonize him with her in such a vulnerable position, but it felt so good to say the words that she almost didn’t care. She turned her head to stare at Shadefrost, who was calling to her, talking about a ‘rematch’. She snorted in amusement and called back to him,
“Believe me, if you couldn’t beat me now, I doubt you ever will. The next time we meet, you’re crowfood.”
@Ravensong
@Levi 99
Old June 30th, 2023, 02:54 PM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Welcoming

Yang weakly came back, noticing the battle had finished. Yin sprinted to her side, his soft mewing of her name showing he was worried.
"Yang, what are you doing?! We shouldn't be here!" Yin meowed at Yang.
Old June 30th, 2023, 02:57 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Although relieved now that she had Springpaw’s help, Drizzlecloud felt a huge weight on her shoulders, and it only seemed to get heavy and heavier. It was as if there was some sort of daunting presence staring down at her, breathing on the back of her neck, but… She knew that it was just the pressure of her own expectations weighing her down.

Focusing on the task at hand–holding the cobweb bandage in place while Springpaw wrapped it to keep it there–she tried her very best to ignore the heavy feeling, but it was far too much to ignore. The fur along her spine puffed up as well as her tail fur, but she did not say a word. The sight of her apprentice’s white paws being stained with the blood of their clanmate made her paws shake ever so slightly. The blood on her own paws, which were white and similar to Springpaw’s, did not disturb her as deeply as seeing blood on Springpaw’s fur did. The weight on her shoulders drifted to her neck, encircling and encircling until she felt as though her throat was going to close up entirely.

“I…” Drizzlecloud started, but her words quickly failed her. She couldn’t make any promises–she didn’t know if Gentledoe would be okay. There were heavy doubts in her mind that Gentledoe would even be able to make it–was that speaking from her own self-doubt, or her lack of experience? She wasn’t sure. Maybe both? “I hope so,” Was all that she could truthfully say. She wasn’t going to lie to Springpaw, say that Gentledoe would definitely be alright, because she didn’t know that for certain. Hearing Springpaw’s suggestion–along with the confession that a former medicine cat had visited her, Drizzlecloud hummed gently. “We’ll have to use that once we get back to camp. We’ll have to change out her cobwebs, and chew up another marigold to apply to the socket, but before we do that we can use some moss to clean up the wound a bit better.”

Much to her own dismay, the feeling did not drift away when the job was finished. Taking a step back, she stared down at Gentledoe with dull green eyes–it was like, for a moment, she had totally checked out of reality. Nothing registered in her mind–not Dawnstar’s shout, not the battle around them beginning to die down, not the fact that they had won this battle… Absolutely nothing at all.

Stuck, helpless, unsure, disappointed–it had all clouded her mind until it was all that was present, leaving Drizzlecloud feeling almost as if she were disconnected from herself for a few moments. Her paws would not move, not even if she demanded them to. Everything felt.. Wrong, and almost unreal–distant, maybe that was the better word for it?

Suddenly, everything came back to her–the heavy weight on her shoulders, the feeling of her throat constricting, her trembling legs. The way that her head pounded due to all of the noise, how her heart hammered against her chest, the sting in her eyes as tears pricked at them.

How long had she been standing there like that? No, it doesn’t matter. It was time to get out of here. The battle was over–they had won. Gentledoe needed to be brought home.

Her gaze shifted down to Springpaw, staring at her in silence for a few moments too long to be considered even remotely normal. “Thank you for helping me, Springpaw. You did so well, even though you were scared. Even if we did not battle, I believe that you are very brave for stepping in to aid me even though you were frightened.” Lowering her head ever so slightly, she pressed her nose to the fur between Springpaw’s ears before she stood up tall once again.

“Sparrowpelt, I need you to help carry Gentledoe back to camp, please?” She requested, voice returning to that urgent tone that she carried before. Once more, she leaned over to press her good ear against Gentledoe’s chest–her heart was still beating. “She’s still alive. Let’s get her back home.”

[ @lio - Gentledoe, @ares - Springpaw, @SuspiciousMindz - Sparrowpelt. ]

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!

Last edited by Omari; June 30th, 2023 at 02:58 PM.
Old June 30th, 2023, 02:59 PM
Just a tired Transmasc

Bump Policy: 1 week/48 hours (Time sensitive)
My Mood: Kingly

ShadowClan Re: Sunkissed Creek

Aspenpaw

He/Him | @Quasar | Roll: 5 - hit

The only thing he could manage was taking some fur off of the other's tail. It definitely wasn't worth the pain he caused his mouth. As he struggled to spit the hair out, Goldenpaw was on him. He felt claws rake across the bridge of his nose. He wasn't sure how many scars one could obtain, but he had to be getting close. At least these ones were obtained in a way that would probably give him some treatment, and he was pretty used to the burning sensation. He stepped back, Dawnstar's call rung through his ears. In a last ditch effort to hit him more than once, he leapt for the calico's ear with sore teeth. Hit or not, this would be his last one and he would head back home.
all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside.” -Jem Carstairs
Old June 30th, 2023, 03:02 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

High Rank Announcement [#hrannouncement]

As soon as the dark tabby started to move, Bumblestar's gaze flickered back to her. A smirk pulled at her lips once Dawnstar called her forces off. "Likewise," she grunted in response. "Lookin' forward to tearin' your throat out again. Don't take too long, yeah?"

She let the other she-cat step past her before moving forward herself. "ThunderClan!" she barked out. "Let 'em run! Help get the injured over to Drizzlecloud and Springpaw if you aren't too torn up yourself. Sunkissed Creek is still ours." In all honesty, she didn't care if her cats decided to keep going, but it was at their own risk; if they died because they were too stupid to pull back when she said so, that was on them, not her.

Running her tongue over her lips to lick the blood off, Bumblestar turned and padded over to her medicine cats. Her stomach, chest, and torn ear stung, and she was soaked in both Dawnstar's blood an her own, but she could push through it. A few more scars and stained fur meant nothing. Her gaze darted down to Gentledoe, and she had to force herself to swallow. "Tell me how I can help out with anything at all."

[ @Undertaker ]

Wrap up your battles by July 1st, 11:59pm CST!

IF YOU HAD AN APPRENTICE THAT PARTICIPATED IN THE BATTLE:
Please review ThunderClan's Rank Requirements! If your apprentice has completed everything listed (minus the assessment), they are now eligible for a ceremony at the next meeting. If the only thing you're missing out on is those one hundred posts, you're still good to go! Get that ceremony request in for me and let's get rolling!

If your apprentice is not eligible for a ceremony, this still counts as a training experience for them.

Last edited by dino.; June 30th, 2023 at 03:12 PM.
Old June 30th, 2023, 03:19 PM
watermeon

Bump Policy: after 48 hours
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade. View Post
Seedpaw was eager to have her first battle. She knew the conflict was nothing more than pointless violence, of course. Borders change, clans and groups form and disband. But pointless violence was how you progressed here. Also, it was fun.

She did not have to strike first. A ThunderClanner darted at her and attempted to hit her, but Seedpaw just moved out of the way casually.

"Hi, what's your name?" she asked, smiling, and proceeded to swipe at his side with her claws.

Claws stung at Wolfpaw's side and he jerked back. Was she.. talking to him? Did cats talk during fights? It's not like he would know. "Uh, Wolfpaw?" This time he leapt at his opponent, attempting to knock her to the ground.

[ feel free to have seedpaw smack him around enough to send him home if you wanna finish this up rq - nothing that'll take more than 2 weeks to heal. for record purposes, i grant shade pp perms ]

“and the human race is filled with passion. and medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. but poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.”
— john keating (robin williams), dead poets society

profile image credits:
background image credits found in albums | pfp - wallace and gromit
Old June 30th, 2023, 03:35 PM

Status: I'm a zombie and I'm hungryyyy... Also if I have to get scolded can't it be for something I did?
Bump Policy: After 24 hours.
My Mood: Dead

Sunleap headed back to camp.
Closed Thread