Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by Morrigan
Today 03:01 PM
Learning your Boarders
Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 03:00 PM
ThunderClan Nursery
by dino.
Last post by Littlesun0112
Today 02:59 PM

Old February 28th, 2018, 03:50 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: RiverClan Territory

@Mauve

Last time Firehawk had been hunting, he had taken an unwanted dip into the icy river and spent the remainder of the day curled up in the warmth of the warriors' den with his darling mate. With the heavy rainfall and thick mud, he was relieved that the weather seemed to be warming up, but the tom wouldn't be paying the water anytime soon. He knew falling in had been his own fault due to his footing, but it was still something he didn't want to risk until it warmed up. He had been lucky before, and he wasn't going to take that for granted.

Mud splattered his bright colored fur, turning it a dull, murky brown. It clung to him like a second pelt, and he hated how it felt - like a heavy weight that encumbered him, pulling him deeper into the soft and mushy ground. Since the Gathering drama and what sounded like rumors of a bloody battle between ThunderClan and ShadowClan, the rain had been relentless, and Firehawk couldn't wait for it to end. Mythical ancestors influencing the weather or not, it had to conclude sometime.

Trotting through the mud, he didn't think he'd be finding much in terms of prey while it rained. The downpour washed away most of the scents, and what he could detect seemed to be faint. The ginger and white tom was tempted to return to camp. It seemed pointless to stay out in search of prey during a rainstorm, and the thought of returning home to Iceflower was all the more desirable with every step he took through the mud. Better find something good, he thought as he tasted the air. Initially, all he could sense was mud, but beneath that was something else. It was faint but metallic in nature, and it reminded the tom of blood.

Curiously, he followed what little of the scent he could find. It was no surprise to him when he saw the form of a brown tabby bent over a partially consumed rodent. The trespasser was muttering about how the Clan wouldn't miss a piece of prey, but Firehawk had to disagree. There were a ton of RiverClan cats and only one of this invader, and Firehawk himself wouldn't dare take food away from his Clan-mates in Leaf-bare. "What makes you think that?" he inquired from behind the loner. "This Clan has a nursery full of hungry kits and queens, and we can't really spare anything for some delinquent who can't respect boundaries." At a second glance, something about this cat seemed familiar, but Firehawk didn't give it much mind. It was probably nothing, right?

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules

Last edited by BEAR.; February 28th, 2018 at 03:50 PM.
Old February 28th, 2018, 05:15 PM
stardust memories

My Mood: Inspired

@Mad King

Usually, there wasn't much that could catch Mud off-guard. Always one to keep his wits about him, the tom could almost always tell if he was being watched, or if some cat was sneaking up on him. He'd learned long ago since being on his own that the best defense was to have all of his senses available and ready for deployment. After all, hunting in Clan territory was no small feat. Mud was constantly glancing over his shoulder and tasting the air to make sure the area was safe before snagging any type of prey. Though this time, the grumblings of his stomach had persuaded him to venture out, despite the rain and mud making it hard to scent anything. And once he had caught taste of this measly rodent, it consumed every inch of his withering mind.

So naturally the tabby was startled to hear a voice behind him, and the faintest trace of RiverClan's fishy scent washed over him. The last thing he wanted was for this newcomer to see how startled he really was, so instead he allowed himself to swallow the bite he'd been chewing, casually rising to his paws and turning a bit, swinging his head the rest of the way so that he was looking right at Firehawk. "Yeah? And I suppose your Clan only has one pair of ears, eyes, and a nose to hunt for the entire Clan, correct?" he began, marked head tilting to the side as he studied Firehawk. "Oh, wait... that's right..." he continued, a laugh bubbling over and shaking his shoulders, "that's not you. That's me." Nothing in his tone suggested hostility, but it did bode a sense of confidence, like Mud was well aware he wasn't allowed onto this territory but simply didn't care. He knew well enough of the Clans and their "boundaries", but having been on his own for a majority of his adult moons, the thought of potential problems that could arise from running into those Clanners rarely occurred to him.

As he continued to watch Firehawk, something about the RiverClan warrior seemed... strange. He'd seen plenty of RiverClan members from a distance, able to distinguish their smell from other loners and rogues he came across. But Firehawk almost looked familiar. Odd, he thought, nose winkling up just a bit as it occurred to him that he must know this feline from somewhere. Memories were beginning to pile up as he tried to sift through each of them, going back as far as he could in his mind. Like a spark, it zigged up to the front of his mind, and in an instant realization settled onto his expression, a cocky smirk tugging at the corners of his lips. "Besides," he began again, moving so that he was standing over his freshly caught piece of prey, "those nursery kits don't really need solid food until at least three moons. They can wait."

Once the tabby tom had recognized who was standing in front of him, all of his usual cockiness came flooding back, like waves against the sandy shore. Now, he was just plain curious to see what Firehawk's reaction would be to his statements. Surely after awhile he would recognize him? Or perhaps not - as they had been separated for moons. The last time he'd seen the RiverClan tom was.... another lifetime ago it seemed. Mud just shook his head with another laugh, casting a glance down at his muddy paws, the water vole already half-way gone. A few moments of silence fluttered past before the tom lifted his gaze again, a certain gleam catching his eye as he stared right at Firehawk. This ought to be fun.

Last edited by Mauve; February 28th, 2018 at 05:16 PM.
Old February 28th, 2018, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFVY View Post
berryfang blushed again in embarrassment and flicked her right ear looking into the water " fox dung sorry I got it wrong " she meowed then smiled a bit and looked back at salmontail " well then I will be happy to be your fourth friend and besides one more won't hurt " she meowed with a swish of her tail she looked back in the water and spotted another shadow she sharpened her claws and crouched she put her paw into the water in front of the shadow and scooped it up again watching it wiggle then striked it with her claws killing it watching it land on the ground lifeless . She smiled wide and her head was held high " I did it" she meowed happily
Salmontail gazed at Berryfang and nodded."A fourth friend sure won't hurt." He mewed, watching her as she spotted the fish, maybe this time would be the one, he remained silent and smiled as he saw the fish land on the grass and she quickly ended it for that fish. "Congrats, Berryfang!" He purred and sat closer to her, gazing at the lifeless fish before turning his gaze towards the other warrior and giving her cheek a lick, he was proud of her, after all, he was the one who had given her those tips. "You see, I told you you'd be able to do it." He murmured softly.
Old February 28th, 2018, 06:03 PM
I. Am Checkmate :)

My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven & Co View Post
Salmontail gazed at Berryfang and nodded."A fourth friend sure won't hurt." He mewed, watching her as she spotted the fish, maybe this time would be the one, he remained silent and smiled as he saw the fish land on the grass and she quickly ended it for that fish. "Congrats, Berryfang!" He purred and sat closer to her, gazing at the lifeless fish before turning his gaze towards the other warrior and giving her cheek a lick, he was proud of her, after all, he was the one who had given her those tips. "You see, I told you you'd be able to do it." He murmured softly.
berryfang smiled wide " I think youll be a great mentor if you were to have an apprentice those tips were helpful " she meowed and grabbed the fish which was now in her jaws she walked away a tiny bit and set it down then she had an idea as her ears perked up her brown eyes shined that smile seemed to be stuck on her face she looked back at salmontail over her shoulder " hey I have an idea to make this fun let's see who can catch the most fish " she meowed then trotted back over to where salmontail was she wondered if he liked her idea it would certainly make it more interesting and less boring . She flicked her left ear as she waited

Characters -Claudius ( Rogue )

Old February 28th, 2018, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFVY View Post
berryfang smiled wide " I think youll be a great mentor if you were to have an apprentice those tips were helpful " she meowed and grabbed the fish which was now in her jaws she walked away a tiny bit and set it down then she had an idea as her ears perked up her brown eyes shined that smile seemed to be stuck on her face she looked back at salmontail over her shoulder " hey I have an idea to make this fun let's see who can catch the most fish " she meowed then trotted back over to where salmontail was she wondered if he liked her idea it would certainly make it more interesting and less boring . She flicked her left ear as she waited
Salmontail's cheek took a slight hue of pink as she told him that he would be a great mentor, he had never been told that in the past, even with the tips he had given, sometimes, he was simply ignored. "Thanks Berryfang, that means a lot coming from you." He mewed and shook his head at her idea. "Having too much could be problematic, they won't stay good for too long and if we have too much, we'll have to throw some out." He admitted and looked around. "We could always go for a walk, if you want to, at least we won't be sitting by the river." He offered, giving the warrior a smile.
Old March 1st, 2018, 11:35 AM
Digital Artist

@Fuzzyfeline

(Shoot dude, sorry about that T^T. Some stuff's been going on at home lately and I completely forgot about the roleplay)

Mintwhisper leaped onto a low-hanging branch outside the camp. He waited for Angelwing to appear.
Old March 1st, 2018, 03:14 PM
I. Am Checkmate :)

My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven & Co View Post
Salmontail's cheek took a slight hue of pink as she told him that he would be a great mentor, he had never been told that in the past, even with the tips he had given, sometimes, he was simply ignored. "Thanks Berryfang, that means a lot coming from you." He mewed and shook his head at her idea. "Having too much could be problematic, they won't stay good for too long and if we have too much, we'll have to throw some out." He admitted and looked around. "We could always go for a walk, if you want to, at least we won't be sitting by the river." He offered, giving the warrior a smile.
berryfang shrugged with a smile " just being honest " then Her ears flattened a bit with the decline of her idea but her ears perked up and a smile was on her face " we could talk on our way to the camp if that's ok I think I should atleast deposit my catch to make up for the two we ate " she meowed with a flick of her tail. She giggled in her head as she saw the hue of pink on the toms cheek .finally it was his time to blush! She couldn't help but feel a bit triumphant in making him blush as well . Berryfang trotted over to where her fish was and picked it up it was in her jaws again she walked back over to salmontail and awaited his answer.

Characters -Claudius ( Rogue )

Old March 1st, 2018, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florence + machine View Post
berryfang shrugged with a smile " just being honest " then Her ears flattened a bit with the decline of her idea but her ears perked up and a smile was on her face " we could talk on our way to the camp if that's ok I think I should atleast deposit my catch to make up for the two we ate " she meowed with a flick of her tail. She giggled in her head as she saw the hue of pink on the toms cheek .finally it was his time to blush! She couldn't help but feel a bit triumphant in making him blush as well . Berryfang trotted over to where her fish was and picked it up it was in her jaws again she walked back over to salmontail and awaited his answer.
Salmontail nodded at the she-cat as she agreed to talk on their way back to camp. "Sure, I don't mind at all, at least it's better than simply not talking." The warrior mewed, his tail flicking a little as she met his gaze, in all honesty, he felt something nice coming from this she-cat, she was so kind to him, never had someone showed so much kindness towards him.

(I might not reply tonight, writer's block struck.)
Old March 1st, 2018, 10:01 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

@Mauve

"For someone who hunts for themselves, you're not too good if you have to wander all the way into Clan territory to get a bite to eat." While not hostile, Firehawk's tone had the slightest of edge to it. To him, there was a difference between being a trespassing cat from another Clan and being an outsider who had the world at their disposal. Hunting on Clan territory was just a lazy way of saying they hardly went beyond the Twolegplace.

His experience coming onto Clan territory as a loner was out of necessity. His territory had been burned down by Twolegs and he was injured with nowhere else to go. Firehawk was infinitely grateful for Fallowstar's kindness and the new home she had provided him. With their current leadership, the warrior wasn't sure if anyone would get the same mercy.

If he was any of his other Clan-mates, it was likely he would have already hissed at Mud and attacked him. Firehawk never cared for violence; rarely did it solve anything, and he knew Juniperpaw would be busy with the recovering patients from the recent war. It was a huge reason he was against being hostile toward trespassers he came across.

Firehawk didn't care for the tom's attitude though, and his comment on kits struck a nerve. "Have you ever had a kit?" the tom's voice had hardened. "Let alone dozens of them? Queens need to produce milk for several kits at a time if they're less than three moons. We need all the prey we can get, and having some scrawny loner barging into our land and stealing our food isn't helping."

Kits were always a touchy subject for Firehawk. He'd lost two to his former mate, and the third drowned during a flood. He'd give a lot to ensure other kits didn't meet a similar fate, and that included starving because some cat thought it was acceptable to take prey that didn't belong to him. He didn't know who this cat was - barely recognized him, but he was set on getting the stranger to leave one way or another. It didn't matter who he was anyway if he was willing to disregard the well being of kittens due to his own incompetence on finding prey outside Clan territory.

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules

Last edited by BEAR.; March 1st, 2018 at 10:01 PM.
Old March 2nd, 2018, 09:34 AM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

@Broken Madness
CherrySkip sat at the edge of the river, watching fish swim around and leaves float down. She waved her fluffy tail patiently. The Molly shivered a little as wind ruffled her fur. CherrySkip heard movement in the bushes behind her, but it was RiverClan scent so she did not budge. "Hello." She spoke softly. "Come to join me? I always find it so relaxing to sit and watch the world go by. Sometimes you feel like you have all the time in the world. But then a horrible battle starts and you realise how short a warrior's life can be. Seeing others perish around you."