Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Something Broken [p]
by Mica
Last post by Mica
Today 07:18 PM
WindClan Nursery
by Ian
Last post by Starphobia
Today 07:07 PM
Warrior Name Game
Today 06:57 PM
ShadowClan Outsider Joining
Last post by Bean
Today 06:56 PM

Old March 26th, 2018, 12:54 PM
i'm back! kind of... haha

Gender: still figuring that out, they/them pronouns for now please
My Mood: Dead

Default Re: RiverClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post

[Sure that could help! And if you want any extra info on Splatterpaw, just ask and I can send it to you through a private message.]

Splatterpaw smiled as her company was accepted by the other apprentice. Gently she sat down, curling her fluffy tail around her paws, shifting in the slightest so she could get comfortable on the bay of the river that the two of them were sitting on. At her companion’s question, Splatterpaw shrugged. “Nothing really, just go get some fresh air I guess.” She then glanced towards the river, smiling at the small amount of sun that reflected off of it. It’s actually really pretty... Turning her head slowly back towards the cat in front of her, Splatterpaw flicked her ears a bit. “Oh, by the way, I’m Splatterpaw, if you didn’t know. And sorry, I’m usually pretty good with names, but could you remind me of yours again?” She smiled sheepishly, her ears folding back against her head.
They sat down next to the she-cat who called herself Splatterpaw. Brackenpaw nodded,"Yes, fresh air is nice to get every once in while..." they smiled and avoided look at the river in front of them,"Nice to meet you Splatterpaw. My name's Brackenpaw," they nodded again and looked at her, still smiling. Brackenpaw's nose twitched slightly as it often did when they were excited, happy, or content. In this case, Brackenpaw was both happy and content, leaning more towards content. Their tail drew over their paws and Brackenpaw just rested there for a moment, staring up at the sky, not really thinking about anything.

( Ok! X3 [ HERE ] you go! )
Past Usernames[In order]: Hollydawn235 ; Hollydawn ; Boba Fett ; Leo the Loke
IF I DO NOT RESPOND IN 24 HOURS PLEASE SEND ME A FRIENDLY AND POLITE REMINDER VIA VM. IF I STILL DO NOT RESPOND TO THAT WITHIN ANOTHER 24 HOURS FEEL FREE TO SPAM ME.
Old March 26th, 2018, 09:36 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba Fett View Post

They sat down next to the she-cat who called herself Splatterpaw. Brackenpaw nodded,"Yes, fresh air is nice to get every once in while..." they smiled and avoided look at the river in front of them,"Nice to meet you Splatterpaw. My name's Brackenpaw," they nodded again and looked at her, still smiling. Brackenpaw's nose twitched slightly as it often did when they were excited, happy, or content. In this case, Brackenpaw was both happy and content, leaning more towards content. Their tail drew over their paws and Brackenpaw just rested there for a moment, staring up at the sky, not really thinking about anything.

( Ok! X3 [ HERE ] you go! )

“Brackenpaw. Nice to meet you too.” Splatterpaw purred. She then closed her maw, not sure what else to say. There was a silence that followed, something uncomfortable to Splatterpaw. To her, every silence was awkward. Even if it was peaceful and calm like this one. Splatterpaw unsheathed and sheathed her claws, trying to think of something to talk about. It usually wasn’t this hard for the talkative feline. ”Tell me a bit about yourself Brackenpaw.” She blurted out. The calico female’s ears twitched uncomfortably once she realized how demanding that had sounded. “I mean of course you don’t have to, it’s just a conversational topic.” She forced a smile onto her face, hoping that Brackenpaw couldn't sense her discomfort and lack of conversation topics.
Old March 27th, 2018, 07:42 PM
Sugar Pine 7

My Mood: Happy

Quote:

Brackenpaw smiled and gave a curt, but not too formal, nod of their head,"Thank you, Silvermask. For believing in me. There're many cats who don't, you know," they half-heartedly gave a small mrrow of amusement. It was true. There were many cats that tried to bully Brackenpaw, whether it was their gender choice or their scottish fold ears, bullies always seem to have it out for Brackenpaw, though their bullying never actually works. Even if the bullying becomes physical. Even if Brackenpaw has blood dripping down the fur on their face. Brackenpaw won't fight back. They'll simply smile and continue walking - or limping - to wherever they intended to go(usually to practice and train by themself). Even if you insult Brackenpaw until you have no more insults to give out, Brackenpaw will not strike back. They may reply back with calm but stern words if they are in a hurry, but afterwards they always try to apologize. The only way to make Brackenpaw stile out at you is to hit their weak spot, though they've always kept it a secret what that weak spot is. "Well, I'm having a small break now and then going back to train. I usually make time for at least one break to get water, then I'd be back to training" they smiled, and chuckled a bit. "What are you doing out here Silvermask?" they realized Silvermask didn't usually leave the camp, yet here she was,"Don't you usually stay in the nursery with the kits?" Brackenpaw questioned with a tilt of their head.
Silvermask felt her heart begin to tear. Some young cats (and even older cats) were simply cruel. There was more bullying happening around the Clan than Silvermask cared to admit. Especially for cats like Brackenpaw, who were considered different from other cats. Although the queen couldn't relate to them, she liked to think that Brackenpaw was simply just unique in a way that other cats weren't. They were an equal to every other cat in the Clan. It pained her when she remembered that not all cats agreed with her. "Of course, Brackenpaw. I'll always support you no matter what. You're a great cat." The silver tabby mewed with a gentle smile. "Oh, nothing." Silvermask responded. "I just had the time to take a little break from being inside camp. It's been awhile since I've gotten to stretch my legs. I thought perhaps I'd hunt a bit if I came across any prey and bring it back to all the kits." Silvermask was far from having a full nest of her own. She hadn't had as many responsibilities as the other queens with multiple kits. Besides, Minnowkit was growing older and becoming more independent. He didn't need her attention as much as he did before. He'd be Minnowpaw before she knew it. "It's nice to get a breath of fresh air." She said as she lifted her nose in the air and sniffed. "And there aren't tens of crying kits out here." The older cat joked. Even with the rushing water next to her, everything seemed silent without the cries of kits.

Please check out my finder for my cats!

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+

Profile pic
Old March 27th, 2018, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post

“Brackenpaw. Nice to meet you too.” Splatterpaw purred. She then closed her maw, not sure what else to say. There was a silence that followed, something uncomfortable to Splatterpaw. To her, every silence was awkward. Even if it was peaceful and calm like this one. Splatterpaw unsheathed and sheathed her claws, trying to think of something to talk about. It usually wasn’t this hard for the talkative feline. ”Tell me a bit about yourself Brackenpaw.” She blurted out. The calico female’s ears twitched uncomfortably once she realized how demanding that had sounded. “I mean of course you don’t have to, it’s just a conversational topic.” She forced a smile onto her face, hoping that Brackenpaw couldn't sense her discomfort and lack of conversation topics.
Brackenpaw looked back at her and smiled,"Alright!" they mewed. They closed their eyes and thought about what to say for a moment,"Well, you see. I'm Non-Binary," they said calmly, though, to Brackenpaw it kind of felt awkward saying it, even though they were proud of that fact,"I guess that's one interesting fact," they purred,"Now it's your turn! Give me one interesting tid-bit about yourself!" they mewed cheerfully, still trying not to look at the river. There was much they could have said to Splatterpaw about themself, but it was far too much to say without her interrupting or getting bored. For Brackenpaw, when they started rambling about themself, getting interrupted was inevitable.
IF I DO NOT RESPOND IN 24 HOURS PLEASE SEND ME A FRIENDLY AND POLITE REMINDER VIA VM. IF I STILL DO NOT RESPOND TO THAT WITHIN ANOTHER 24 HOURS FEEL FREE TO SPAM ME.
Old March 27th, 2018, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
Silvermask felt her heart begin to tear. Some young cats (and even older cats) were simply cruel. There was more bullying happening around the Clan than Silvermask cared to admit. Especially for cats like Brackenpaw, who were considered different from other cats. Although the queen couldn't relate to them, she liked to think that Brackenpaw was simply just unique in a way that other cats weren't. They were an equal to every other cat in the Clan. It pained her when she remembered that not all cats agreed with her. "Of course, Brackenpaw. I'll always support you no matter what. You're a great cat." The silver tabby mewed with a gentle smile. "Oh, nothing." Silvermask responded. "I just had the time to take a little break from being inside camp. It's been awhile since I've gotten to stretch my legs. I thought perhaps I'd hunt a bit if I came across any prey and bring it back to all the kits." Silvermask was far from having a full nest of her own. She hadn't had as many responsibilities as the other queens with multiple kits. Besides, Minnowkit was growing older and becoming more independent. He didn't need her attention as much as he did before. He'd be Minnowpaw before she knew it. "It's nice to get a breath of fresh air." She said as she lifted her nose in the air and sniffed. "And there aren't tens of crying kits out here." The older cat joked. Even with the rushing water next to her, everything seemed silent without the cries of kits.
Brackenpaw smiled. They were glad to know that even if there were mean and rude and cruel cats out there that would gladly bully cats like Brackenpaw, there were also cats like Silvermask that Brackenpaw could count on to stand up for them and to care about and at least be kind to them,"It is nice out here," they agreed, nodding their head and flicking their ear. Brackenpaw just barely managed to hold back a gasp as their gaze accidentally slid to the river. They weren't able to hide their expression of shock and fear though. Brackenpaw just hoped that the older molly hadn't seen their reaction to the river. They avoided her gaze, not wanted to know from those eyes whether she had seen their expression or not, so instead, Brackenpaw turned their gaze to the sky. They looked at all the puffy white clouds. The clouds were so fat and reminded Brackenpaw so much of a Kittypet that Brackenpaw didn't understand why any cat would choose to name their kit after those clouds.
Old March 27th, 2018, 10:46 PM
Dragon Tamer

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliance View Post

Stretching affluently, the ginger tom let out a followed yawn, then lifted himself to ruffle his pelt. A few of his bones ached, namely his shoulders whenever he moved about. Although born Riverclan, water hunting was not an easy feat. Even if one was adept when it came to this skill. As he liked to believe himself of - being a mastered hunter of fishing. Despite his humiliation whenever he choose to show off his techniques, and the fish in the water doesn’t comply. A sunrise ago, the tom suffered slight pain from his orderly routine. Usually, taking a bit of time to fish and bring back prey to his clan. Everyday wasn’t his lucky day, though still a bit crestfallen, he continued on ignorantly - shaming the aches by doing what he wanted to do. That’s who Chestnutsplash was. The tom who did what he wanted and whenever he wanted.
Truthfully, he came to the same spot faithfully awaiting the presence of a flippant senorita that sparked his interest. Initially, irked by her presence, a bit of heart shown into his being and felt that he could regard her as a friend...only slightly, however. She was still a former Syndicate cat, and Chestnutsplash held pressured trust issues when it came to their kind. To him, he felt they weren’t even cats. An entire new species; their kind. Phantoms...fiends with ulterior motives that one could never decipher. On the other paw, Chestnutsplash seemed to hold a less of a grudge towards...Cleo. Was that her name? As he remembered, faintly fondly. He held an obvious soft spot for she cats - especially the pretty ones. Quite the gullible one he could be when it came to an beauteous molly. Yet, they had plenty she cats ready to be wooed by him in his own clan...so, why was he having a budding attachment to a rogue? A former Syndicate cat? The very next day, around the same time, Chestnutsplash came to the spot they met at...only he didn’t see her. Again, he visited. No glimpse of her. Again, and again and again - to no avail. Chestnutsplash had dejectedly given up, yet he still came to the same spot, coercing himself that he was here to hunt with no other underlying motives.

@Owl

Cleo had watched the ginger tom pad to the same spot they had met a few moons ago. She grinned watching the tom pretend he wasn't waiting for her. She honestly was waiting, watching, and wondering if the suave tom would ever stop coming to the spot where they had met. Of course, she couldn't always come to the RiverClan border, where the beautiful water lay. Cleo loved water, she could swim all day. However, she was horrible at catching fish. It had gotten a bit warmer since the last time they met and prey had began to peak out here and there. Cleo, herself, had been able to put on some more weight. Her ribs didn't show as much, the muscle now regrown on her body rippled a little under her spotted-striped fur. Her brother often wondered where she wandered off too, always coming back smelling of a fishy, watery scent. But Cleo, too, wondered about Vasilli. Vasilli came back to their hidden den smelling of Pine and of another cat. She guessed he, too, had a secret like her. Neither told the other.

Flicking her ears, she was waiting at the border, today she was certain he would stop coming to the border. It was growing later in the afternoon when the RiverClan tom came to the same spot. Cleo had, sadly, forgotten the RiverClan cats name. She kind of felt bad. The spotted-striped molly was about to turn away and pad off back to her den she shared with her brother when a familiar ginger pelt padded to the lake. She wanted to leap out and say hello but she had to keep some kind of composure. They weren't exactly friends yet. He just helped her. For all she knew he didn't even care about her. Maybe he liked the spot they met for other reasons. Flicking her ears in irritation thinking of him with another molly made the she-cat's fur stand on end. Breathing in deeply, she let it out slowly calming her ruffled fur. Padding slowly out of her hiding spot, she came into view.

"So, tom-cat, we meet again." She purred out as she padded closer to him. Her eyes wary of their surroundings, slightly worried others may come or maybe someone else was with him. She didn't exactly check before stepping out of the shadows, mistake on her part. She flicked her ears after taking in a breath scenting the area. Not a smell other than his. Well there were smells but they were a bit stall, from earlier in the day. She stopped a few tail lengths away from him, at the edge of lake. She gazed deeply into it with her crystal clear blue eyes. The minnows and small fish sparked her hunting instincts but she didn't move. She knew she was horrible at catching fish and she wasn't about to go embarrassing herself with the tom-cat in front of her.

If I do not reply PLEASE mention me again or PM me or VM me~!
Old March 28th, 2018, 01:05 AM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl View Post

Cleo had watched the ginger tom pad to the same spot they had met a few moons ago. She grinned watching the tom pretend he wasn't waiting for her. She honestly was waiting, watching, and wondering if the suave tom would ever stop coming to the spot where they had met. Of course, she couldn't always come to the RiverClan border, where the beautiful water lay. Cleo loved water, she could swim all day. However, she was horrible at catching fish. It had gotten a bit warmer since the last time they met and prey had began to peak out here and there. Cleo, herself, had been able to put on some more weight. Her ribs didn't show as much, the muscle now regrown on her body rippled a little under her spotted-striped fur. Her brother often wondered where she wandered off too, always coming back smelling of a fishy, watery scent. But Cleo, too, wondered about Vasilli. Vasilli came back to their hidden den smelling of Pine and of another cat. She guessed he, too, had a secret like her. Neither told the other.

Flicking her ears, she was waiting at the border, today she was certain he would stop coming to the border. It was growing later in the afternoon when the RiverClan tom came to the same spot. Cleo had, sadly, forgotten the RiverClan cats name. She kind of felt bad. The spotted-striped molly was about to turn away and pad off back to her den she shared with her brother when a familiar ginger pelt padded to the lake. She wanted to leap out and say hello but she had to keep some kind of composure. They weren't exactly friends yet. He just helped her. For all she knew he didn't even care about her. Maybe he liked the spot they met for other reasons. Flicking her ears in irritation thinking of him with another molly made the she-cat's fur stand on end. Breathing in deeply, she let it out slowly calming her ruffled fur. Padding slowly out of her hiding spot, she came into view.

"So, tom-cat, we meet again." She purred out as she padded closer to him. Her eyes wary of their surroundings, slightly worried others may come or maybe someone else was with him. She didn't exactly check before stepping out of the shadows, mistake on her part. She flicked her ears after taking in a breath scenting the area. Not a smell other than his. Well there were smells but they were a bit stall, from earlier in the day. She stopped a few tail lengths away from him, at the edge of lake. She gazed deeply into it with her crystal clear blue eyes. The minnows and small fish sparked her hunting instincts but she didn't move. She knew she was horrible at catching fish and she wasn't about to go embarrassing herself with the tom-cat in front of her.
Tall grass surrounding him, a little to the side laid milkweeds, which Chestnutsplash stomped down on with his paw - mere accidental. He was lowered into a crouch, at the edge of the water. His eyes gazed at the fish swimming blithely without a care in the world or the trouble that was above them. Oh, boy wasn’t he glad it wasn’t a leaping salmon! Those things were more annoying than his own brother...and, that was saying a lot. His bones still ached, so excessively moving them was not ideal. Defying his pain, Chestnutsplash reached into the water - a swift claw to catch the end of the tail of a breedless fish, missing by greater odds. “Nature’s luck,” The tom grumbled, pulling his head up from the water to search for a more delectable piece of tail. Again, he saw his opportunity rise, the swishing of perch...from what his eye caught, and he leaned down - paused - then swiped a claw to nabbed the creature; yet again... the ginger tom was unlucky. He muttered inaudible, colorful words under his breath.

Chestnutsplash flicked his tail in agitation. Displaying his miffed outlook. Maybe moving further would help him with fishing? He supposed it would, as he allowed himself to believe. So, he groggily walked a few paces down, finally plopping down once again. His eyes searched for the prize, but his mind was far from wanting to hunt. He cursed his sore bones for his lack in catching anything, when in reality his mind was focused on whether a certain someone would make her appearance. He dutifully promised himself that this was the last time he would come to this area. Possibly, she was playing a fool out of him? The thought was absurd, really. He didn’t think she would do such. Then again, he didn’t know her far by much. One could never figure out the tangled mind and deceitfulness of a Syndicate cat. Well, a former Syndicate cat, but still, Chestnutsplash found that he judged her unfairly. In his defense, the actions of the syndicate would forever be a scar on his heart. Those weren’t easily forgiven. For a moment, his mind was blank. There, a catch laid in front of him. A herring, it appeared to be. When Chestnutsplash grasped reality, his eyes had bucked - he almost lost a perfect catch! Instead of using his paw, he leaned his head down to dip into the water and snatch the prey into his jaws.

Then...

“So, we meet again, tom cat.”

That voice...familiar honey-tone in his ears, he quickly swiveled his head to look at the spotted Molly. Her greeting took him by surprise, causing him to jump and open his muzzle - completely forgetting about the gasping fish in his jaws - he dropped it, allowing the fish to swim away out of his harm. Noticing he lost his catch...once again... the tom cursed, “For Starclan’s sake!” Followed by a series of words in another language that others wouldn’t appear to know very well. Now, he was glaring at his new found company. A fire sparked into him, and he jumped up, taking on an accusing stance. “So we do, she cat. He responded, a little gruffly as he was still irritated that he lost his potential catch. Chestnutsplash had padded closer to her, taking note of her physical physique, which appeared to be a lot fuller than he last saw her. Nature seemed to have been kind to her...for Chestnutsplash had imagined that being a rogue or loner, you’d never last for long. “I see you have picked up some pounds, ay?” Chestnutsplash asked, curiously, though he knew the answer to that. He smirked lasciviously towards the she cat. He audaciously entered the she cat’s personal bubble, her comfort zone, sitting next to her, and wetting his jaws. “Say you put on a couple more and you might pass for a good piece of prey.” He joked, probably kidding, probably not. His eyes followed her gaze, now staring into the clear pool where minnows swam. Quickly he would had snatched one up, but instead, he shuffled comfortably on his paws. His expression turning solemn for a moment, “I didn’t think you would had ever come again, senorita. Honestly thought you were leading me on.” He crowed. It was a funny thought...that a she cat would stand him up. Chestnutsplash - a lover - every molly’s dreams. She’d be insane! Completely delusional! “I’d say you’d be losing a good one here,” a faint purr rumbled in his throat. Glancing at Cleo for a moment, he turned his eyes back to the water, an idea igniting within him. “You wanna go for the goal?” He asked, indicating to the fish. She looked like she wanted to leap into the water and snatch one in her jaws. Judging by the healthy sheen of her physical appearance, he’d say she was in mint condition to do so.
Old March 31st, 2018, 02:35 PM
Sugar Pine 7

My Mood: Happy

Quote:

Brackenpaw smiled. They were glad to know that even if there were mean and rude and cruel cats out there that would gladly bully cats like Brackenpaw, there were also cats like Silvermask that Brackenpaw could count on to stand up for them and to care about and at least be kind to them,"It is nice out here," they agreed, nodding their head and flicking their ear. Brackenpaw just barely managed to hold back a gasp as their gaze accidentally slid to the river. They weren't able to hide their expression of shock and fear though. Brackenpaw just hoped that the older molly hadn't seen their reaction to the river. They avoided her gaze, not wanted to know from those eyes whether she had seen their expression or not, so instead, Brackenpaw turned their gaze to the sky. They looked at all the puffy white clouds. The clouds were so fat and reminded Brackenpaw so much of a Kittypet that Brackenpaw didn't understand why any cat would choose to name their kit after those clouds.
Silvermask had noticed Brackenpaw's nervousness. At first she had only ignored it, thinking she was making it up. She'd been told once or twice that she was too meddlesome and made up problems that didn't exist. In her defense, the RiverClan obviously cared and that's what drove her to those things. However, as the two cats continued to talk, it was obvious that Silvermask wasn't completely imagining things. "Brackenpaw," The silver tabby began, trying to bring the apprentice's attention back to her. "What's wrong?" Her voice clearly told the younger cat that she knew something was up. For a moment the queen wondered if she should just let it go, but the look on Brackenpaw's face was unforgettable. Something was clearly bothering them and Silvermask wouldn't be able to rest until she found a way to help them.

Please check out my finder for my cats!

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+

Profile pic
Old March 31st, 2018, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
Silvermask had noticed Brackenpaw's nervousness. At first she had only ignored it, thinking she was making it up. She'd been told once or twice that she was too meddlesome and made up problems that didn't exist. In her defense, the RiverClan obviously cared and that's what drove her to those things. However, as the two cats continued to talk, it was obvious that Silvermask wasn't completely imagining things. "Brackenpaw," The silver tabby began, trying to bring the apprentice's attention back to her. "What's wrong?" Her voice clearly told the younger cat that she knew something was up. For a moment the queen wondered if she should just let it go, but the look on Brackenpaw's face was unforgettable. Something was clearly bothering them and Silvermask wouldn't be able to rest until she found a way to help them.
Brackenpaw steadied their breathing and made sure to keep their gaze away from any water this time. They changed their expression back to the calm and content one that they always wore, or they tried to at least, they didn't know if it was actually working or not. Brackenpaw wasn't an expert at acting yet, though they intended to be at some point,"N-No I-I'm fine Silvermask" they mewed, slightly shaky. Brackenpaw noticed the shakiness in their voice and cursed the river, vowing never to look at it ever again unless needed. But for now, Brackenpaw needed to steady their voice,"I'm fine," they repeated, sounding calmer now. But their was something forced about the words, like trying to push two north-side magnets together. They gulped and looked at the sky. It looked somewhat like the river,nut less flowy and warmer looking. Somehow, the sky always seemed to steady their fear of water.
Old April 2nd, 2018, 12:46 PM
no u

My Mood: Kingly

Lightbulb Re: RiverClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
risingcreek was a little shocked that beetleskip would get so close. he seemed more reserved, a cat that kept to himself. but he wasnt complaining by any means, he liked physical touch and affection, even if it was platonic. he walked along next to him, a subtle smile forming on his features now as he walked closer, pelts now definitely touching now, how the soft cream and chocolate pointed threads seeped into his own mauve made him feel just as soft and fluttery as their fur mixed together. he opened his mouth to scent for prey along with beetleskip, not even having to catch the scent to know their was something around from the way the other toms attention refocused back on their surroundings. risingcreek focused on other scents of his own, maybe focusing a little bit too much on beetleskips then the prey around them, but he tried to look for something to catch himself while beetleskip focused on his own.
suddenly, there was a change in beetleskip. he stopped dead in his tracks and turned his gaze to a rather plain, suspicious-looking bush that was just beginning to grow in its leaves but was still dusted with a thin layer of snow as newleaf was slowly setting in this season. his green eyes narrowed and his mouth parted slightly as he tasted the air. feathers. a blackbird, it had to be, from the light footsteps and the way it was pecking at the bush. probably getting supplies to create a nest. carefully, he padded his way around it and spotted the bit of black material that made up the bird's cover. it paused, sensing beetleskip's eyes on it, so so did he. it was a standstill until it began pecking again and beetleskip edged closer. closer. pupils dilated in concentration, tail twitching in anticipation. the blackbird paused again. beetleskip was very close. he had to strike now because he knew the blackbird was getting ready to take off, so he did. it happened so quickly, it was nearly silent, and before he even knew it, beetleskip had a freshly-killed bird hanging from his jaws.

love
characters