by Ian
Last post by Tallstar
Today 11:46 AM
WindClan Outsider Joining
Last post by Forgetfulshape
Today 11:34 AM

Old March 19th, 2024, 08:20 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: ThunderClan Leader's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino. View Post
Great. More problems. Just what she needed.

Bumblestar was already on edge prior to Mudhound's approach, and the words that came out of her sibling didn't help. The fur along her spine bristled as she sat up. "Where?" she demanded. "What happened?"

Mudhound
Thunderclan Hornet | They/them | 35 Moons
Bilingual T2 | Flock Together T3 | Rapid Recovery | Beefed up T3

Any usual how do you do chatting was cut through as the tripod sat down and explained, folded ears as pinned as was possible for them.
"I was at the smallpines and.... Well I couldnt quite tell what happened but Eaglespirit was there recently and is now not. His scent train ends in a rather large blood puddle and there's no body. There was scent of a lynx everywhere and theyre are know to hunt cats and carry off the bodies but.... It didnt seem right?"

Mudhound shifted and sighed, trying to explain.

"You know I know lynx, something about this is weird, the scent was weird, the behavior was weird (too much scent marking for a kill site) and I just feel odd about the whole thing.

Still Im sure whatever happened Eaglespirit is dead. I checked the area and the lynx seemed to have headed into riverclan and took the body and I heavily remarked the area so the lynx knows its not welcome. Id recommend no apprentices on that border regardless and maybe warning riverclan about the lynx in their land."
Honestly this was probably the best course but something still felt wrong even if it was probably right yet Mudhound just couldnt prove it. It was frustrating but not much could be done really....

Then there was the other issue.
"Also I noticed something with Springpaw that is much less serious but still important I wanna talk to you about. Im worried about her health."

Mental health but still something to talk about. Though that talk depended on if Bumblestar felt the lynx thing was handled well enough and she was willing to move on or if there was more to talk about.

Last edited by Rani; March 19th, 2024 at 08:21 PM.
Old March 19th, 2024, 08:22 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfall View Post

Spiderthroat
He/Him || ThunderClan Deputy
Beefed Up Tier III || Just a Scratch || Hulk SMASH
@dino.

He was bloodied, tattered. A normal look for him truly. But he reeked of ShadowClan. His maw was bloody and ultimately, it felt as though his legs were jelly. Like he just pumped every ounce of strength into his tossing of that ShadowClan warrior, and overexurted himself when killing the other one. He needed a nap.

With a huff, the calico nosed into the Leaders den. Taking no time to strut in and slump himself into a hap hazard sitting position. "Two dead on the ShadowClan border. They're getting overconfident. Two warriors...or two enforcers whatever that rank in ShadowClan is called, crossed the border to steal herbs." a pause as his front paws slid slowly across the stone floor. "Ruined the herbs upon notice...Drizzlenight was supposed to make his way back and report to you, did that happen?" Spiderthroat asked. At this point his front legs slid fully forwards and he was now laying down, splayed out. A drawn out sigh coming from the deputy as soon as his chin touched the floor.

He needed a nap.
Bumblestar could probably count on one paw the amount of times Spiderthroat had wandered into her den clean and free of blood. Today was not one of those times, and just like his appearance, his news was cause for alarm.

Bumblestar's upper lip twitched in barely-suppressed anger. "No," she managed to force out. "I haven't heard from Drizzlenight." She didn't know where the warrior had gone, but it wasn't to her den, that was for sure.

She snorted as she watched Spiderthroat sink to the floor, and she reached out with a paw to poke him in the forehead. "Don't fall asleep in here. I want extra guards organized on ShadowClan's border. They're getting bold again 'n I don't like it. Thank you for takin' out the trash, though. Two less rats to deal with."
Old March 19th, 2024, 08:23 PM
roar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Nightshine slipped into the den. "Bumblestar?" she asked. "I would like to be taking care of Berrykit and Firekit now that their mom, Stormysong, was, uh, executed. My own kit, Whitekit, is only one moon younger than them. I thought that you might want be aware of the fact that I'm going to adopt them." @dino.
The last thing Bumblestar wanted to do was speak with anyone after the mess she'd just had to deal with, but her Clanmates thought different. She glanced up as Nightshine entered, and after a brief moment shook her head. "Appreciate you letting me know. Make sure they're looked after, Stormysong roughed 'em up."
Old March 19th, 2024, 08:34 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Copperpaw's voice from the entrance made Bumblestar's ears twitch, and with a sigh she rose from her nest to greet them and Sunleap by poking her head through the lichen. If they wanted to do this outside, then fine - she drew herself out of the den and took a seat so she could speak with them.

"Glad to hear it." Fallingpaw hadn't reported back yet, and she was half-debating going to find him and see just what he was up to, but she wanted to focus on this first. "Thank you for doing what you were asked to do. You're good to go back to whatever you were doing before." A twitch of her whiskers. "Don't wander off out of camp again."

Copperpaw was one of the good ones aside from this one slip, so she didn't see a point in keeping Sunleap around for extra time. "You're dismissed, too. Thanks for keepin' an eye on 'em."

[ @Katiethewolfchild ]

drawing by @ Marigoldwhisper

《 Copperpaw 》
34/100

they/them / thunderclan apprentice / ambitious

Copperpaw gave Bumblestar a nod but only a twitch of their tail gave away their relief. They didn't have to worry about the punishment anymore and they were free! Well...not free to leave camp alone, of course. They didn't want to make that mistake again. Juuust until they were a warrior.

They turned and meowed a quick thanks to Sunleap before walking back to the clearing. "Wonder how Fallingpaw is doing..."

Last edited by nyx; March 25th, 2024 at 11:39 AM.
Old March 19th, 2024, 08:43 PM
roar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post
Mudhound

Any usual how do you do chatting was cut through as the tripod sat down and explained, folded ears as pinned as was possible for them.
"I was at the smallpines and.... Well I couldnt quite tell what happened but Eaglespirit was there recently and is now not. His scent train ends in a rather large blood puddle and there's no body. There was scent of a lynx everywhere and theyre are know to hunt cats and carry off the bodies but.... It didnt seem right?"

Mudhound shifted and sighed, trying to explain.

"You know I know lynx, something about this is weird, the scent was weird, the behavior was weird (too much scent marking for a kill site) and I just feel odd about the whole thing.

Still Im sure whatever happened Eaglespirit is dead. I checked the area and the lynx seemed to have headed into riverclan and took the body and I heavily remarked the area so the lynx knows its not welcome. Id recommend no apprentices on that border regardless and maybe warning riverclan about the lynx in their land."
Honestly this was probably the best course but something still felt wrong even if it was probably right yet Mudhound just couldnt prove it. It was frustrating but not much could be done really....

Then there was the other issue.
"Also I noticed something with Springpaw that is much less serious but still important I wanna talk to you about. Im worried about her health."

Mental health but still something to talk about. Though that talk depended on if Bumblestar felt the lynx thing was handled well enough and she was willing to move on or if there was more to talk about.

Smallpines. Bumblestar's first instinct was to blame RiverClan for this as soon as the border was named, but Mudhound's explanation stopped her from jumping to conclusions too quickly. Still, that didn't keep the rest of her fur from spiking.

She still wasn't sure about Mudhound's whole lynx thing, but that could come another time. "I'll mention something about it at the next Gathering. When you get a chance, I want you to take a group out there 'n secure the area, large enough so that they won't get decimated if a lynx really is hanging around." She wasn't sure if she actually believed this narrative, but she wasn't about to risk being caught off-guard if it something was making the border its home. "Tell Spiderthroat about the no apprentices rule, too."

Bumblestar was about to dismiss Mudhound, but something else apparently required tending to. Her brows furrowed. "What do you mean? She sick or somethin'?"
Old March 22nd, 2024, 09:42 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Bumblestar could probably count on one paw the amount of times Spiderthroat had wandered into her den clean and free of blood. Today was not one of those times, and just like his appearance, his news was cause for alarm.

Bumblestar's upper lip twitched in barely-suppressed anger. "No," she managed to force out. "I haven't heard from Drizzlenight." She didn't know where the warrior had gone, but it wasn't to her den, that was for sure.

She snorted as she watched Spiderthroat sink to the floor, and she reached out with a paw to poke him in the forehead. "Don't fall asleep in here. I want extra guards organized on ShadowClan's border. They're getting bold again 'n I don't like it. Thank you for takin' out the trash, though. Two less rats to deal with."

Spiderthroat

An annoyed sigh came from the Calico as she stated he, in fact, did not show up. Why. He thought that one was reliable considering the idiot is the one who FOUND them. Duley noted. "If I see him, I'm stripping his rank down to kit." he bit, smushing his cheek further into the stone floor. He was... in fact...bleeding all over the floor. Oops, there should be a wet floor sign.

At this point the Deputy was nothing more than a puddle. He will become one with the stone, for it is much cooler than his aching shoulders and side. "Ain't sleepin, just restin let me lay here for a second would ya I just killed two Ranked frogs. Not that it was hard but geeze, it's been a second since I've been tag teamed on. One was super adamant about killin me too, by the way look out for that there's some crazies in ShadowClan apparently." at this point he was just yapping.

"I'll enforce more border patrols at the Hollow. Is it kill on sight? Or just scare em off."

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us
Old March 25th, 2024, 06:30 PM
roar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfall View Post

Spiderthroat

An annoyed sigh came from the Calico as she stated he, in fact, did not show up. Why. He thought that one was reliable considering the idiot is the one who FOUND them. Duley noted. "If I see him, I'm stripping his rank down to kit." he bit, smushing his cheek further into the stone floor. He was... in fact...bleeding all over the floor. Oops, there should be a wet floor sign.

At this point the Deputy was nothing more than a puddle. He will become one with the stone, for it is much cooler than his aching shoulders and side. "Ain't sleepin, just restin let me lay here for a second would ya I just killed two Ranked frogs. Not that it was hard but geeze, it's been a second since I've been tag teamed on. One was super adamant about killin me too, by the way look out for that there's some crazies in ShadowClan apparently." at this point he was just yapping.

"I'll enforce more border patrols at the Hollow. Is it kill on sight? Or just scare em off."
"Demotion is fine by me." With something of this caliber, reporting it should have been Drizzlenight's first instinct. Bumblestar wrinkled her nose as she watched Spiderthroat smear blood all over her den. Great, now she would have to clean this up. Again.

"If you die in here, I'll kill you," she clipped before sitting down with her tail over her paws. "Kill on sight at this point. If they're alone, go for it; in pairs or groups of more than two, don't be stupid. Last thing we need as new-leaf comes up is to be losin' herbs because a bunch of frogs think they're entitled to destroying stuff. For the time being, I don't want any apprentices over there either unless they've proven they can handle themselves. Not interested in putting kids in unnecessary danger."
Old March 25th, 2024, 09:05 PM
it's not a phase

Bump Policy: please do it like every 24ish hours, or earlier idrm
My Mood: Kingly

Rowanfrost
21 moons
strict/a softie at heart/imposing

Guiding Lavendersong into Bumblestar's den, he motioned her to sit. "This warrior was caught meeting with a RiverClan warrior. It seemed that she was mates with him. She is also expecting his kits. I told the other warrior to go tell Birdsnow what he did wrong. From the context of what I heard, they'd been meeting every night since the Gathering. I'll leave her to you," he said, with a respectful dip of his head. He'd sit outside the den, though, so Bumblestar could call him if needed.

Lavendersong
a pretty gray she-cat with a purplish tint to her fur, heather-blue eyes
15 moons

She let Rowanfrost guide her to Bumblestar's den, still sobbing. She knew this was the end. Sorrelstone, please forgive me... she thought. She sat down at his command and listened to him tell his side of the story, and then he left."EverythinghesaidistrueI'msorryIknowwhatIdidw aswrongandyoucanpunishmehoweveryoufeelisright." she blurted out. She wasn't sobbing anymore, but she was certainly crying a lot.

OOC Translation:
Everything he said is true. I'm sorry. I know what I did wrong and you can punish me however you feel is right.
@dino.

leopard. trampled this place with cats | Rat(e)piales launches rats onto this sig

Character Creator! (read the description please, i just made a new version of someone else's game that had limited color options. it is their art, not mine!)

Last edited by glitch; March 25th, 2024 at 09:05 PM.
Old March 26th, 2024, 10:47 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Smallpines. Bumblestar's first instinct was to blame RiverClan for this as soon as the border was named, but Mudhound's explanation stopped her from jumping to conclusions too quickly. Still, that didn't keep the rest of her fur from spiking.

She still wasn't sure about Mudhound's whole lynx thing, but that could come another time. "I'll mention something about it at the next Gathering. When you get a chance, I want you to take a group out there 'n secure the area, large enough so that they won't get decimated if a lynx really is hanging around." She wasn't sure if she actually believed this narrative, but she wasn't about to risk being caught off-guard if it something was making the border its home. "Tell Spiderthroat about the no apprentices rule, too."

Bumblestar was about to dismiss Mudhound, but something else apparently required tending to. Her brows furrowed. "What do you mean? She sick or somethin'?"

Mudhound

Grumpy grumpy. Not that the leader didnt have any reason to be but Mudhound had been kinda sad to realize they never really got to interact with their sister when she wasnt unhappy lately. That was something the tripod wanted and was gonna try and change soon, Bumble-sis should be more happy and Mudhound wanted to improve their sibling relationship anyways.

That was besides the point however bar the slightly sad expression that flashed across the hornets face as they gave a quick nod at the order and mentally started compiling a list of cats to take for a sweep. Not that they thought anything else would be found, after finding the massacre Mudhound had picked over the area carefully.

That matter sorted, time to focus on the Springpaw thing.
"Not sick in the body kinda. More of heart sick?" Bad explanation, but the tripod quickly thought and expanded. "So I went in for healing awhile back and noticed she was kinda.... Sad? Maybe more overworked then sad she was very tired.

She talked about having a chill but was still working even if it hurt her and she should be resting. When I asked why she did that and reminded her she was still an apprentice and could ask for help or take a break or even just enjoy her young life she.... Well she said she was scared of ending up like Cinderpaw. I think she thinks if she stops working for even a moment even if its just to take care of herself she'll end up as a failure. That she'll be cast aside for even a mistake because she thinks they were.

Im just really worried about that view, its not healthy. She's gonna get seriously sick or burn out because she thinks she cant ask for help or ever mess up or slow down without failing the entire clan and that she'll be disgraced for it."
Bumblestar of all cats would know the cost of a lost childhood, of the sacrifice that shouldve never been on someone so young.

Mudhound was a bit uncomfortable broaching this suggestion, having arrived just on the cusp of the Cinderpaw situation that seemed to scare Springpaw so much and they knew they didnt really understand it, but it needed to be asked. "Maybe you could talk to her? I know even being medicine cat apprentice is a privilege and a burden but I dont feel it should be one that harms the cat. Im not the expert in high rank stuff but I just feel that she needs to know its ok to take breaks and not work herself into the grave and maybe find healing help besides just her and Drizzlecloud if they need it.

I can explain some ideas if you do think its something worth mentioning to her but if you do wanna talk to her please be gentle about it? This feels.... Fragile." And usually Bumblestar had the emotional sensitivity of a bear for delicate talks, for better and worse.
Old March 26th, 2024, 11:11 PM
roar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars View Post

Rowanfrost
21 moons
strict/a softie at heart/imposing

Guiding Lavendersong into Bumblestar's den, he motioned her to sit. "This warrior was caught meeting with a RiverClan warrior. It seemed that she was mates with him. She is also expecting his kits. I told the other warrior to go tell Birdsnow what he did wrong. From the context of what I heard, they'd been meeting every night since the Gathering. I'll leave her to you," he said, with a respectful dip of his head. He'd sit outside the den, though, so Bumblestar could call him if needed.

Lavendersong
a pretty gray she-cat with a purplish tint to her fur, heather-blue eyes
15 moons

She let Rowanfrost guide her to Bumblestar's den, still sobbing. She knew this was the end. Sorrelstone, please forgive me... she thought. She sat down at his command and listened to him tell his side of the story, and then he left."EverythinghesaidistrueI'msorryIknowwhatIdidw aswrongandyoucanpunishmehoweveryoufeelisright." she blurted out. She wasn't sobbing anymore, but she was certainly crying a lot.

OOC Translation:
Everything he said is true. I'm sorry. I know what I did wrong and you can punish me however you feel is right.
@dino.
StarClan grant her a five second break - everything seemed to involve RiverClan even when it was nothing, and Bumblestar couldn't keep her spine from bristling as Rowanfrost pushed a blubbering Lavendersong into his den. With a flick of her ear directed toward the tom as he left, she turned her attention to the she-cat in front of her.

She couldn't make out anything Lavendersong said beyond useless sobbing. "Talk to me plainly or don't talk to me at all," she said flatly. "Rowanfrost said you've been meeting with a RiverClan cat even given our current relationship with 'em - said you're mates? That true?"