Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > OOC > Warriors Discussion

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Patrols
by Estelle
Last post by Breaking Dawn
Today 06:20 PM
Whac-A-Mink [WC/ShC]
Last post by Katiethewolfchild
Today 06:17 PM
ShadowClan Patrol Place
Last post by Estelle
Today 06:09 PM
ThunderClan Medicine Cat's...
by dino.
Last post by iliri
Today 06:08 PM

Old August 28th, 2017, 11:04 PM
cool

My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: Rainflower Did NOT Abandon Crookedkit...

@Lawlipop

sorry to contradict you, but rainflower made that cat's life miserable. after the accident, she made her kit's life a misery. he was seeking acceptance from the cat from whom he needed it most, and instead of giving it to him, his mother bullied him and abandoned him.

he wasn't even allowed to sleep in a nest with her. she continually told him no matter what he did, he would never be as good as his brother. she changed his name without his consent for no reason at all, and every time he was called by name he was reminded of his injuries.

even if he was a reminder of her mistakes, she was his mother. her duty as someone in that role was to make sure her kits felt loved and accepted by her. perhaps looking at him did bring guilt, she was obligated to push those feelings away for the good of her kit. instead, she was unfairly cruel to him. her terrible treatment of him most likely had bad repercussions later on in his life, as those developmental stages are extremely important.

she abandoned him when he needed it most, not because she was trying to teach him a lesson (if she was, why wouldn't she have kept a tighter rein on him instead of letting him do whatever he wanted?), but because she was a bad mother, who could not push away feelings of guilt for the good of her kit.

Last edited by Crow; August 28th, 2017 at 11:05 PM.
Old August 30th, 2017, 10:18 AM
Bringer of Shock

My Mood: Happy

I actually love to hear that RainFlower and CrookedStar made amends!!

In spite of all, cold as ice! In spite of all, hard as stone!
In spite of all, it would seem...
in spite of all, we're but a dream.
Hear our plea, you must! (You must!)
Please return our hearts to us!
Old August 30th, 2017, 12:18 PM
predictably unpredictable

My Mood: Amused

@Lawlipop @Crow

(back to the topic ) I can see your point Lawli, but I may have to side with Crow on this one...

If she saw him as her mistake and avoided him as not to remind her, then what would be the point of naming after said mistake? Not only does she not look at him due to his injury, but she named him after it instead of trying to ignore it as people tend to do when they view something as their mistake.

She would hardly acknowledge him, even when he needed someone there for him. She acted as though Oakheart was her only kit while she deliberately pushed Crookedstar aside. She gave him a terribly name despite the fact that he wanted to keep name from birth, she forced him into another nest so that he wouldn't be near her or Oakheart at night. She kept making it obvious how little she cared for him and that he had become nearly nothing to her.

Even if she did see his accident as her mistake, that does not giver her a reason to straight up bully him. She forced him to stay away from the family and didn't really like it when he spent time with Oakheart. She repeatedly told him that Oakheart was the better cat out of them (as Crow had said). Her actions make it seem as though she thought that Crookedstar would never amount to anything due to his injury. That Oakheart would be a better warrior because he didn't have such an injury. She clearly favored his brother and would be motherly and loving to him while she treated Crookedstar coldly and never wanted anything to do with him.

Seriously, the only times she ever bothered with him was simply to bully him... it's as if she was trying to make sure her kits knew where they belong to her.

I actually don't think that his appearance is the only reason she dis-owned him. Of course, she probably didn't like that he had a broken jaw and didn't like looking at him because of it, but one of the biggest reasons was probably because of how highly she viewed Oakheart and believed that Crookedstar would become nothing because of what had happened to him.

To be honest, I could see her thinking that his injury as a mistake - and that would honestly make the plot better - and she just acted this way because she actually is just a terrible cat. Even in your claim, you pointed out how she had abandoned him since she forced him to sleep in a completely different nest and giving him a terribly cruel name and constantly put him down... however she saw him, she did abandon him and not only that but she straight up bullied him and was possibly the worse mother throughout the series for this.

Though like I said, I personally believe it would have been a much better plot, but I just don't believe that's where they were going with that :/ I do think that she may have seen the errors in her ways when she died, which is why they were able to make amends in Starclan... but she was still never there for him when they were alive and he needed her the most.

(sorry for siding with someone else! )

@Marie

I have mixed feelings of them making amends... I feel happy for Crookedstar about it, but I don't believe that Rainflower deserves that since she was absolutely terrible.

character siteroleplay trackerdeviantart
┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

Last edited by Hexict; August 30th, 2017 at 12:18 PM.
Old August 30th, 2017, 12:25 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

[[don't mind me ignoring the main topic here]]

I kinda scanned this thread and saw a couple folks discontented (or maybe unsettled is a better word) that Crookedstar forgave Rainflower for her arguably atrocious attitude toward him. So this is a reminder to everyone that forgiveness isn't always about the relationship or the other party (i.e. Rainflower, in this case) - forgiveness is sometimes a way of moving on from the past and can be extended for "selfish" reasons. Crookedstar's forgiveness may have had nothing to do with her / her actions; it could have been his method of making amends with a rough history. Forgiveness is a bitter emotion and takes a toll on those who harbor it, and allowing it to someone is an incredibly powerful personal move that not only quells internal turmoil, but can take back control over a damaged relationship.

everything about us is going to be wonderful

Last edited by Fawn; August 30th, 2017 at 12:56 PM.
Old August 30th, 2017, 12:58 PM
Bringer of Shock

My Mood: Happy

I feel that it is good that CrookedStar forgave RainFlower it showed how despite how horribly she treated him he is still able to show forgiveness and Love to cats who can't, It just shows how great of a cat CrookedStar is.

In spite of all, cold as ice! In spite of all, hard as stone!
In spite of all, it would seem...
in spite of all, we're but a dream.
Hear our plea, you must! (You must!)
Please return our hearts to us!
Old August 30th, 2017, 05:17 PM
predictably unpredictable

My Mood: Amused

Like I said... I am glad that he was able to since it's good for him and I do really like him, but I don't like his mother and I feel as though whether she felt bad for how she treated him in the end, she still didn't care about him for most of his life and bullied him even when he was a young kit.

Their amends is what he deserves, but not her - hence why I have conflicting feelings on the matter :/

character siteroleplay trackerdeviantart
┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛