Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > OOC > Warriors Discussion

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!

Need a helping hand? Check out this thread for info on how to get some egg hunt hints!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
A Lesson in the...
by Dark
Last post by Dark
Today 03:18 AM
The Orange Tree!...
Last post by kittycatburmise
Today 02:59 AM
RiverClan Nursery
by BEAR.
Last post by the kitty
Today 02:53 AM
Q & A! (With my...
Last post by *_Athena_*
Today 02:41 AM
Otterkit Finder
by nyx
Last post by the kitty
Today 01:58 AM

Old August 30th, 2017, 01:16 PM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Default Re: Squirrelflight for deputy??

I haven't read much into the new series, but I'm gonna poke my head in anyway. Why would Bramblestar even elect Squirrelflight as his deputy? I'm unsure if they're still mates after TPOW and TFA, but wouldn't there be plenty of other warriors who didn't break the code that would be suitable? Other than Graystripe, who in reality is very old and left Thunderclan to join Riverclan in the first place proving that he's not an entirely loyal cat.

When I first read the books, I really loved Squirrelflight (although I loved Leafpool more), but reflecting back now I don't believe -- even with her loyalty and positive traits -- that she would make a good deputy, let alone a good leader.

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart

[Profile Icon] [Slowpoke Sprite]
Old August 30th, 2017, 01:23 PM
The Thief of Apathy

My Mood: Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexict View Post
I'm going to first approach the fact that you are not suppose to actively be a leader or deputy when you are nursing kits. They are suppose to temporarily step down - deputy usually acts as leader if the leader is nursing, and when it's the deputy they usually aren't replaced. Not saying that this is why she shouldn't have been chosen, but rather just that she should have been with her kits and watched them instead of focusing on deputy duties.

And as I stated, just the fact alone that she was so quick to turn her back on the warrior code to raise her sister's kits proves that she shouldn't. I know that she was being loyal to Leafpool and the she cares for her family, but . And lets not forget the fact that she was barely even around Leafpool's kits when they were still in the nursery. They said in the books that she was rarely ever around them, so even though she took them in she actually barely even raised them she she was out patrolling and hunting instead.

Also, Yellowfang actually never told Squirrelflight to raise the kits. Of course, she did want her to since Leafpool couldn't, but never actually told her to. All she said to Squirrelflight was that she would never be able to have kits of her own. That was all. And that was the main reason why she took in Leafpool's kits. I believe that if she were to have her owns kits, she wouldn't have taken in Leafpool's and only cared for her own instead... I know you guys will argue against this, but I honest to god believe this statement since Squirrelflight had done nothing to prove that she actually loves the kits... I mean, she didn't even spend time with them when they were kits!

I honestly believe that she is a selfish cat since she rarely even bothered with the kits when they were in the nursery, and she forced Bramblestar to chose between her and his brother. That's another reason that I hate her. Sure she was energetic and stubborn, but she's selfish and every time she talks it's really annoying. At first, I simply didn't care for her and find her a bit annoying... but then as the series continued I realized just how terrible of a character she was. She isn't very smart and I do find her stupid and makes terrible decisions.

If she actually does become leader, then I'm quitting the books... I can't handle reading her being in charge of cats. I mean, she's actually my least favorite character (along with people like Lionblaze, Dovewing, Tigherheart, ect)... i'm not a huge fan of the idiots X3

Of course I would break the rules if my sister was to be in the same situation, but I wouldn't take the role as deputy. She knew that what she was doing was highly against the rules and still continued. She took on the role as deputy knowing that you have to be endlessly loyal despite how quick she is to bend rules and that she will most likely do it again if a situation comes up.

And he shouldn't chose a deputy based on if he loves them or not, it's on whether they will be loyal to their clan no matter what - which Squirrelflight has proven she can't do. It's about a cat who can not only take charge, but someone who can make good decisions. Just because she can snap at a bunch of people and can give orders, it doesn't make her a good deputy or right for the position. Choosing her based on love is a terribly thing to do... and he pretty much doomed his clan :/
I agree with you, and on your previous post. I said Greystripe should've been deputy because he was a better choice than Squirrelflight. Yeah, I don't like Greystripe because he's pretty dumb and very confusing to read about. But he's got experience, making bad decisions he regrets now (well at least some <.<). Yes, he's an elder but that really shouldn't matter too much. When a leader is granted nine lives, age doesn't affect them and seems like they slow down the aging process.
Old August 30th, 2017, 04:11 PM
Foot Wallet

Bump Policy: After a day
My Mood: Adorable

I haven't read very far past The New Prophecy but even I could tell that Squirrelflight shouldn't be deputy. There's not much I could say that hasn't already been said about her or Greystripe, but I will say I agree with what everyone else has said. I honestly really wanted Brackenfur to be deputy and maybe leader, I really love him!

You can contact me on discord (sock.puppet.man) if you wanna talk
I appreciate tone tags, sorry if I'm a little awkward.

my pfp is from the 1987 tmnt animated series
Old August 30th, 2017, 05:19 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexict View Post
I'm going to first approach the fact that you are not suppose to actively be a leader or deputy when you are nursing kits. They are suppose to temporarily step down - deputy usually acts as leader if the leader is nursing, and when it's the deputy they usually aren't replaced. Not saying that this is why she shouldn't have been chosen, but rather just that she should have been with her kits and watched them instead of focusing on deputy duties.

And as I stated, just the fact alone that she was so quick to turn her back on the warrior code to raise her sister's kits proves that she shouldn't. I know that she was being loyal to Leafpool and the she cares for her family, but . And lets not forget the fact that she was barely even around Leafpool's kits when they were still in the nursery. They said in the books that she was rarely ever around them, so even though she took them in she actually barely even raised them she she was out patrolling and hunting instead.

Also, Yellowfang actually never told Squirrelflight to raise the kits. Of course, she did want her to since Leafpool couldn't, but never actually told her to. All she said to Squirrelflight was that she would never be able to have kits of her own. That was all. And that was the main reason why she took in Leafpool's kits. I believe that if she were to have her owns kits, she wouldn't have taken in Leafpool's and only cared for her own instead... I know you guys will argue against this, but I honest to god believe this statement since Squirrelflight had done nothing to prove that she actually loves the kits... I mean, she didn't even spend time with them when they were kits!

I honestly believe that she is a selfish cat since she rarely even bothered with the kits when they were in the nursery, and she forced Bramblestar to chose between her and his brother. That's another reason that I hate her. Sure she was energetic and stubborn, but she's selfish and every time she talks it's really annoying. At first, I simply didn't care for her and find her a bit annoying... but then as the series continued I realized just how terrible of a character she was. She isn't very smart and I do find her stupid and makes terrible decisions.

If she actually does become leader, then I'm quitting the books... I can't handle reading her being in charge of cats. I mean, she's actually my least favorite character (along with people like Lionblaze, Dovewing, Tigherheart, ect)... i'm not a huge fan of the idiots X3

Of course I would break the rules if my sister was to be in the same situation, but I wouldn't take the role as deputy. She knew that what she was doing was highly against the rules and still continued. She took on the role as deputy knowing that you have to be endlessly loyal despite how quick she is to bend rules and that she will most likely do it again if a situation comes up.

And he shouldn't chose a deputy based on if he loves them or not, it's on whether they will be loyal to their clan no matter what - which Squirrelflight has proven she can't do. It's about a cat who can not only take charge, but someone who can make good decisions. Just because she can snap at a bunch of people and can give orders, it doesn't make her a good deputy or right for the position. Choosing her based on love is a terribly thing to do... and he pretty much doomed his clan :/
We don't know that he doomed his Clan yet, do we? And I didn't mean that he based his decision off of love. He based it off of trust. Even though she lied to him, she did it to protect her sister. I think he respects that, and he trusts Squirrelflight and believes she's capable of being deputy.

Do not quote or mention me at the Stormcrest.

Character Site | Bumble RP Finder

Bumblestar is ThunderClan's leader. She has an open den policy.
ThunderClan Kit Curriculum | ThunderClan Resources | ThunderClan Outsider Joining | ThunderClan Events